alt-right doggoes entitled babies kitties literal nazis lying liars men who should not ever be with women ever racism trump twitter

Old man yells at crowd: Today in Tweets

We may all be in hell

By David Futrelle

So Trump delivered a real barn cross-burner of a speech last night in Phoenix. Then police fired tear gas and flash-bang grenades at a crowd of protesters that was just standing around outside. And then other things happened. Let’s go to the Tweets.

Meanwhile, outside:

In other news:

And now … the animals!

Ms. Merkel, Tear Down These Sugar Walls!

@misophistry

who knows what will take their place

No need to wonder. His administration is made up of Democrats and liberal/centrist Republicans. And his inner circle is dominated by Javanka. This is all publicly available information. It’s already happened. And it’s not surprising to anyone that understood who Trump was and that paid attention.

impeachment is on the horizon

Happier

Whoever won the 2016 Presidential election was always extremely likely to serve one term or less. That remains true. But I think impeachment is doubtful.

I’m happy about the mild disruption to the status quo that The Trumpening has brought about. But I don’t think the Real Right will rise to take advantage of it. And so, the collapse will still come. Which means a lot of suffering before we can begin to rebuild and establish a healthy patriarchal society (or have one imposed on us by conquerors). I don’t like that. But it is what it is.

misophistry
misophistry

“a healthy patriarchal society”

I’m going to extrapolate from this that you read history through your own distorted selfish lens. We will fight against this until the bitter end because for us a patriarchal society is not healthy.

Perhaps you are a neo-reactionary and think we should go back to a hereditary system of kings? Hope you are as it’s so damn easy to argue against.

It’s true impeachment is always unlikely, but if anyone can do it the Donald can.

There are many unfilled positions in trumps administration. He has time yet to fill them with more deplorables.

Amnesia
Amnesia

I’m from the United States. There’s a decent mix of nationalities here overall, but at this time, most of us from the states are probably sleeping or trying to sleep. (I work an overnight shift)

Name a Democrat Trump has appointed. I tried looking it up and all I could find was one that switched their allegiance from Democrat to Republican. But surely, since you claim his administration is made up of Democrats, plural, and more liberal Republicans, you could name a few.

misophistry
misophistry

I’m getting the impression that our troll is so far to the right of trump that these republicans really do look centrist to him.

This is just a guess and I don’t really want to sit through another of his vids to find out. Perhaps he can tell us what he thinks a healthy patriarchal society would look like?

Maybe this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Handmaid%27s_Tale#Setting

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@matalpo

. There may have been a water bottle or two thrown, but the police responded in an unprecedented and sudden manner, without first telling the protesters to disperse

Hardly unprecedented, unless the Phoenix cops areway more restrained than most. Around here they always do that to lefty protests.

. It felt militant, and surreal, like I’d been transported to a dictatorship.

No, just a white supremacist police state, same as usual. Are you just now noticing?

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

What the fuck is a “liberal/centrist Republican”?

misophistry
misophistry

An oxymoron.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@unused_condom:

Evoking the name of a poorly-received M. Night Shyamalan movie hardly helps your case.

The disruption we need, throughout much of the West, is a general strike or even an October Revolution, not some right-wing, neo-reactionary, or fascistic putsch.

It will probably come soon, after the big economic crash that’s looming. Issues like job quality and housing affordability that somehow haven’t become giant, central, can’t-avoid-’em political issues after 2008 will after 2017/18.

We don’t want a patriarchal society. In fact much of the reason we’re in this mess in the West is because of patriarchy, and more broadly, kyriarchy. The US is so shaky because racists vote against any social safety net because blacks will use it, and because classism/plutocracy (policy favoring the rich).

Oh, and part of the cause of the glut of cheap labor depressing wages, including overseas cheap labor that gets outsourced to, is the patriarchal efforts to inhibit widespread adoption of effective contraception around the world. Remember Trump doing something to block US aid going to any organizations that help women control their own bodies? That sort of nonsense contributes to the economic woes that then keep you poor and unable to improve your lot by working hard.

It also contributes to environmental destruction and climate change, via overpopulation.

If the environment goes to hell in the next few decades, it will be patriarchy that deserves a very large fraction of the blame, with white supremacism and classism being the other major contributing factors — all components of kyriarchy.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Also, who are the “Democrats” in the cabinet? Is the troll talking about Perdue who was a Democrat 20 years ago, or about some of the billionaire know-nothings who have trown money at every politician ever?

Newt
Newt

@rainbow plume

Is the community this blog serves more European or global than American?

In the 2013 survey, 58% of readers were in the USA.

Is that why Trump is being viewed through such a distorted lens?

Where’s this distortion you speak of? And, when comparing a “global” view to one associated with a particular continent/country/overrepresented minority of that country, why would you assume it’s the global one that’s distorted?

Nequam
Nequam

I hear the whining of insects again. Do you guys need me to bust out some citronella candles?

Sailor LeadDragonite, a future whistleblower
Sailor LeadDragonite, a future whistleblower

@Troll

Most foolish troll, I thee implore
To fuck off now, and wank no more
But if that effort be too great
To go away at any rate.

@Todd’s Dog
That is indeed a cute picture of Todd in the Shadows’ dog. But that isn’t Kali-bug, that Amy-dog, his new dog.

It’s easy to tell them apart: Kali is smaller and has a blackish-brown coat, while Amy-dog is bigger, younger, doofier and looks like a toasted marshmallow.

Also she likes to eat feet.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ newt & david f

In the 2013 survey

Ooh, didn’t know about that, but the results were interesting. Might I presume on David to perhaps do an updated survey?

Nanny Oggs Bosom
Nanny Oggs Bosom

@ Alan, David F

I also be interested in an updated survey. I would imagine that there is a larger percentage of international readers now, but still predominantly US based. The international contributions certainly make for interesting reading.

@OP

The title of this post reminded me of that Simpsons meme ‘Old Man Shouts At Clouds’. Grandpa Simpson makes more sense shouting at clouds than Trumplethinskin does making a speech to his supporters.

Well done to the protesters at Phoenix for standing up to the neo-Nazis; I hope all those who were injured recover quickly.

kiki
kiki

“My last partner was a koala. But I got too close to the case, and that got him killed. So I swore I’d never work with a koala again – and there ain’t enough sausage strings and squeaky toys in the world to make me change my mind. Or so I thought…”

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

@Kupo

I fell asleep before I read your post. I only have one cat. My 18 year old Purring Jew died in June. The little one seems to be over it now.

She does seem to suffer from separation anxiety. I can hear her meowing when I leave the house to go anywhere. I work from home most of the time, so she’s not alone very often, or for very long.

A strict patriarchal society isn’t a picnic for men, either. Look at the places where these societies exist. For the most part, they aren’t in the first world. I don’t think any “healthy” society can exist, when half its people are thought of as property.

I used to work with a guy who had been in the US Air Force. He’d retired with 20 years or service, around 2006. He was a veteran of both the Gulf War, and the Iraq war.

At one time, he was stationed in Saudi Arabia. He complained about how he used to have to do all the driving, when he worked with women. He also told an anecdote about a young Iraqi woman whose family caught her staring at an American serviceman. She was beaten, for bringing dishonor upon her family. Anyway, this man had nothing good to say about patriarchy as practiced in the Middle East.

ChimericMind
ChimericMind

I like how the troll will blatantly pick up one strategy per post and then use it exclusively that post, only to randomly pick a new one next time, like smuglording one time and JAQing off another. Really shows that he’s not the “maestro” he thinks he is, he’s just randomly flailing around and thinking disjointed chaos counts as a strategy.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Nthing support for an updated survey. Was 3 years to late for the last one. Among other things, I feel like we’re a little less white these days, curious to know for sure…

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

Dreadfully late, and in my rush to get a good night’s sleep it seems I missed Totally Not Blunderfuck here.

@Jojo Mojo

No magnetic skates, no kickass music, no awesome graffiti, yet we have riot-geared police throwing tear gas at unarmed protesters. This is the worst possible future.

Understandable. Maybe we need to work on that graffiti point and getting Trump voiced by Charles Martinet instead of himself.

numerobis
numerobis

Dormousing:

My own NWO: Box Inspection Division occasionally has accidents when stressed (e.g. our recent move, which brought up some pungent diarrheas) or when they’re shedding and they’re full of fur. Occasionally includes this very morning, in fact!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Usually if we get a late night (in my time zone) troll, I’ll stay up late to chew on him. But Debased U-Haul is so boring and cliched that I just went to bed.

He’s tipped his hand with this statement. I can distill his entire motive and argument pretty quickly.

“I really don’t want women to be able to turn me down for sex or divorce me. If it takes fascism and/or violent political upheaval to achieve this, that’s okay. Because the whole universe should be centered around my boner.”

There ya go, Melvinturd. I made your point for you. You don’t have to tediously wank at us anymore.

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

Imaginary Petal
August 24, 2017 at 4:21 am

What the fuck is a “liberal/centrist Republican”?

IMHO; Real Republicans….The “Party of Lincoln”….something that, apart from Colin Powell and a couple of others, no longer exists….
comment image
(I made this a long while back. Hope I don’t offend you with a pic of an actual dead elephant)

….The Real Republican Party has been extinct for years. Once Reagan got elected, it was the beginning of the end. Today’s GOP is as “Republican” as General Armitage Hux from the Star Wars sequels….
comment image
(….yet a lot less physically attractive….)
….I just call them “GOPers” (Pronounced ‘Gopers’).

Real Republicans still exist….They’re called The Democratic Party.

The “The Party of Lincoln” has become by “The Party of Davis”.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Spuki

Once Reagan got elected, it was the beginning of the end

Nah, Nixon won on the southern strategy in 68. More Dems than Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act (all northern Ds and some southern vs most northern Rs and no southern), so that brings us back to 64. Then again, the Republicans abandoned black and immigrant votes to FDR, so least 1932. Honestly, the ‘Party of Lincoln’ hasn’t been the ‘Party of Lincoln’ since Lincoln died. Definitely not since the late 1800s. This infection goes way back…

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Shorter Trojo:

“Why yes, I am trying to blame liberals for Whichfoot Bonespur being elected. Why do you all hate the man that you’ve warned everyone about? It’s your fault others voted for him, after all!!”

Axe, yeah, I commented on Melvin last time he showed up as thinking he was terribly clever, because his real doll review was named MGTOW: As Good As It Gets.

The Adjunct
The Adjunct

Hey! The troll’s antisemitism is showing! I know why he thinks that Jared and Ivanka are Democrats, it’s because they’re Jewish! And all Jewish people are exactly the same! They all think exactly the same! They all vote exactly the same! They certainly don’t have individual lives and individual experiences and individual motivations which account for why any individual Jewish person might be doing something. NO! They are literally a homogenous collective who all do the same thing! And surprise! Troll thinks that the thing that all Jewish people do is BAD so they are all BAD and probably not even fully human, amirite?

After all, his version of a “healthy” patriarchal society is conditional on which kind of men are in charge.

Lol, I love (/s) how these fuckers think that their shitty beliefs and opinions are somehow NEW and UNPOPULAR and RADICAL, when in fact, there is nothing more stale and boring and status quo than misogyny, antisemitism, racism and white supremacy. You’re not edgy or cool, you’re not some embattled freethinker, you’re not proposing anything new or interesting at all. You’re just rehashing for the thousandth time the most boring, contemptuous bullshit and you are just going to be left behind while the rest of us move on.

Mgtow is self-flattery, the truth is that the rest of us are going our own way. Away from you.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

WRT graffiti:
Saw an interesting one not long ago here in Toronto. Had some of the common tagging lines, but then next to it was a picture of Totoro (as in Tonari no Totoro) with a big grin and holding a spray can.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Jenora

I can get behind that kind of graffiti.

Haise, the husky puppy
Haise, the husky puppy

In addition to wwth’s, “I also want women to not be able to vote, have limited rights, limited means of earning personal income so they’re forced to marry but cannot divorce and leave me. Women should have a lack of autonomy and be encouraged not to be independent humans but rather barefoot, quiet and pregnant.”

Same spiel these types of guys have been raving about for years now. Everything must be centered about their boner and how the world must bend to their whims only. That is their ~healthy patriarchy~ a world where they only matter and everyone else is harmed because of it.

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
August 24, 2017 at 9:56 am

@Spuki

Once Reagan got elected, it was the beginning of the end

You have a point. The change was gradual but it did start going into overdrive with guys like Nixon & Reagan.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

I saw a pithy meme recently; a picture of a pizza slicer with the words “All edge, no point.”
Now why would I have just now remembered that?

JS
JS

I’m not “going from one random thing to another”.

And yet, now you’re talking about what kind of German I may or may not be. And whether or not this is all about “click-bait”. You really can’t stick to a subject.

Nanny Oggs Bosom
Nanny Oggs Bosom

There is no such thing as a ‘healthy patriarchy’; any society which requires the oppression of one group for the advantage of another is by definition not healthy. This is news only to prats who really want to turn the clock back 200 years.

numerobis
numerobis

Nixon and Reagan were closer in time to each other than Bush and Trump.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

@Dormousing_it
Maybe she doesn’t like the litter? Or maybe the box location(s)? There could be an underlying health problem, too, cats don’t like showing that they’re sick or injured until it’s really bad.

latsot
latsot

Bottom prarie dog doesn’t seem all that into it, which is somehow more profoundly depressing than the other things in this post.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Oh gosh, I heard someone was confused about what progressivism was and why we don’t like Der Tromp, and I came right away! I’m sorry I’m late!

comment image

My question was genuine. Trump is many things, but he’s no right winger. …

In which @Merkel reveals he argues against a strawman, and has no understanding of what the left actually wants or does.

His family and his closest friends and advisers are all Democrats or liberal/centrist Republicans.

We don’t care if he’s friends with Republicans or Democrats. Turns out that we aren’t cheering for a sports team, we’re trying to get good policy.

The government isn’t going to be downsized.

We don’t think downsizing the government is a bad thing, we don’t care about that – we care about efficiency and efficacy of social services. Policy driven by data and guided by compassion.

Entitlement programs won’t be cut

Amazing how, if it helps a poor person it’s an entitlement, but if it helps a rich person get slightly richer it’s a right or a sound fiscal policy.

FEMA had its budget slashed and continues to have no actual director. Its previous director was plucked from his position a few weeks ago to be a new Chief of Staff, to try to cover for the raging dumpster fire of this Presidency. The National Hurricane Center has no director. And I hear it might be a bit stormy down in Texas.

Disaster recovery services are as much an entitlement program as any of the others you might care to mention.

To the extent he has a guiding political philosophy (which isn’t much) it’s a form of progressivism.

He’s a nativist, using racism and scapegoats to rile up popular support. Progressives are interested in efficacy of outcomes in the reduction of suffering and the increase of general well-being.

His administration (as well as, again, his friends and family) includes several Jews.

Why would we care about that? You know you’re literally calling us “Jew Lovers” right now, right? Toot on that dog whistle a little harder, I bet you can get it to make some sound.

And when it comes to social conservatism, the sexual revolution, and the sorts of things feminists would (presumably?) care most about, he’s basically a New York City version of Hugh Hefner. He’s a second wave feminist.

Hefner is disgusting. Apparently an anti-vaxxer, too. Supported LGBT rights, so good for him there, but a broke clock is right twice a day. Just like Trump is disgusting. Apparently you think that he’s a f’n feminist himself? Wow. You really have no clue what we believe or want, do you? You really are just arguing against a strawman of your own design.

He’s tossed a few bones to the Religious Right. But almost nothing substantive. And the few things that are can easily be reversed.

You really think that the outpouring of hate that he’s facilitated is going to go back into Pandora’s Box? If he were impeached tomorrow, and President Katie inaugurated the day after (praise be), it would still take decades to undo the disastrous mess his election has caused. The Literal Fascists are bold enough to march in the street with their swastikas – it’s going to take concerted effort to convince them otherwise.

For example, the so-called Mexico City Policy regarding international abortion funding is something that flips back and forth whenever a D replaces an R or vice versa.

How many thousands are suffering back-alley abortions, or being born to parents that can’t support them, in the interim? “Oh, it’ll flip back in a few years” is easy to say, but it masks incredible suffering. The fact that you just sort of glide over that without noticing should suggest to you that you don’t know what progressives want, and that you don’t really give a shit about the suffering of others.

And he’s no threat to the gynocentric system that both Left and Right uphold.

comment image

Ah, it’s always nice to hear the classics.

So, seriously, is the rage contrived for political purposes? Is it just for shits and giggles? Is it because he deprived you of the chance to celebrate a female President?

We’re angry about the fact that government policies are making real people suffer when they’re supposed to be helping and supporting. You see, we have empathy for other human beings who are not inside our kin group.

Let me explain.

When we see them suffering, we suffer empathetically. And it makes us angry, because we know it doesn’t have to be that way.

How is he making them suffer, you ask? Here’s a few of the hot tracks:

– Donald Trump has yet to properly staff disaster relief and recovery services since taking office, while Texas is getting slammed with a storm that will displace people for weeks if not months. He’s restricting aid payments. What has he fully funded, though? ICE. ICE will be operating normally, and will be patrolling for immigrants trying to flee the path of the storm. People are going to die because of these policies, and lack thereof. Many, many more are going to have their lives utterly shattered. We don’t want them to be hurt. He’s not on our side.

– Donald Trump has pushed a ban on transgender persons in the military, echoing and giving air to hateful people who would love nothing more than reasons to hurt them. We don’t want transgender people to be hurt. He’s not on our side.

– Do I need to talk about his angry demands to the Senate to repeal Obamacare instead of fixing its issues? And how he’s stated publicly that he’s just going to defund it and let it die? “Let it die” isn’t just going to kill the bill, either. It’s going to kill thousands of Americans as they scramble for services that no longer have the funds to help them, while they’re still paying into the program. We don’t want those people to die or get sick, or have their lives ruined under crushing debt. He’s not on our side.

– Donald Trump has argued – loudly – for a border wall, an end to sanctuary cities, and an aggressive immigrant detainment and expulsion strategy that has literally moved into “concentration camp” territory. He hasn’t yet accomplished this, but he’s still talking about it, going so far as to argue that he would shut the government down entirely if he doesn’t get his way. This echoes and gives air to hateful people who would love nothing more than reasons to hurt immigrants and people of colour. We don’t want them to be hurt. He’s not on our side.

– Donald Trump has shouted – angrily – “both sides” in response to white nationalists marching, and after shouting that he complains about violent counter-protesters, only adding in nazis and racists after the fact. In doing this he’s giving air to hateful people who want to push America back to the Jim Crow era – you know, the era that came about after those stupid Confederacy-glorifying revisionist-history statues were erected. We don’t want that to happen. He’s not on our side.

Have you noticed the theme yet, Trojan man? We don’t want people to suffer. He’s making people suffer. We don’t like that.

And before you’re all “The left makes the right suffer, look at you callin’ them nazis and Antifa and blah blah,” there’s this thing called triage. Protect the most vulnerable first. That involves pushing back against the cause of harm – that being Trump, the Nazis, and their right-wing facilitators.

And yes, I noticed your “the left and right are basically the same” backflip there. You’re equivocating the mechanics of Washington politics with the desires of people. Something to do with that strawman you’ve constructed. Likely, so that you can feel superior by claiming to be “above it all.” I believe there’s a nice little XKCD comment about that.

So, I hope that helped you understand why we’re upset! It’s real, actual upset, not manufactured rage. I know it’s probably hard for you to believe, but we do actually really care about other human beings, for really real. Promise.

You should try it sometime, it’s good for you.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Yaaay, freedom from comment limbo!