alt-right artistry

Some creepy pictures of Steve Bannon because why not

Hi Steve, I think there’s something wrong with your eyes, you should get that looked at

By David Futrelle

My brain is fried today, for a good reason I’ll have you know. So instead of a regular post I’m just going to post these pictures of Steve Bannon that I’ve made extra creepy with some weird filters. Click on the pics to see them in all their full-sized glory!

Feel free to use this as an open thread to talk about things other than the creepiness of Steve Bannon.

In case you want to make your own weird pics of Nazis in the Trump administration, I do these with custom filters on DreamscopeApp.com.

EDITED TO ADD: If any of you are writing a science fiction novel about a certain Trump administration official in space, here’s a cover you can use.

EDIT AGAIN: Sometimes the DreapscopeApp filters sort of malfunction and produce weird glitched-out pics. Here’s one of Trump that ended up way creepier than it should have. Click on the pic to download it directly into your nightmares.

Hippielady (of the all-powerful hair)
Hippielady (of the all-powerful hair)

The scary thing is, he looks creepy without the creepy filter.

Makroth - cowboy Jacobin from Hell
Makroth - cowboy Jacobin from Hell

I hope it’s okay if i do post something that relates to Bannon.

A bit of trouble is brewing.

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

Why does the creepy filter make him look better?

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Dan Kasteray
Because his normal face looks like its rotting.

dreemr
dreemr

The day I realized Steve Bannon and I had the same haircut.

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

Random share: I made a joke in David’s article about the anti-suffragette ads, referencing the last one with the girl wearing a witch hat and proudly proclaiming to a boy that she may be his leader some day. I noted that there was nothing inherently negative about the ad except the hat, and speculated that it just meant her campaign song would be either “Kagematsuri” or “Walpurgisnacht” (the themes of the witch characters I-No from Guilty Gear, and Nine Blazblue).

I was curious if a quick search would make the joke obvious (no idea how many Arc System Works fans there are here), since Walpurgis Nacht could refer to a bunch of things. So I decided to look it up on Youtube and see whether Nine’s theme was somewhere near the top.

Upshot: I discovered that song “Walpurgisnacht” by Faun (a German Pagan Folk band who I’d never heard of) and absolutely love it. I want to look more into them, but does anyone else already listen to them? If so, any recommendations?

Chrone star
Chrone star

Aside from politics, has anyone seen the emoji movie?

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer

So given the historical revisionism going on, I think the next step is for Trump to praise Hitler for shooting the most evil man of his generation in the head, thus helping end World War II

Moggie
Moggie

David, you seem to have posted a bunch of unaltered Bannon pictures by mistake.

Falconer
Falconer

Holy crap, Julian Assange, Dana Rohrabacher and Charles C. Johnson just had a meeting about springing Assange from Ecuadoran Embassy prison and getting him into the White House press room.

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

Bannon…

Seriously, what does Steve Bannon bring to the dumpster administration BESIDES the white power vote???

And the ‘publican’ts were all, like, “Steve Bannon?!?!?! WHY??? Uhhh… oh, sure, why not??”

cat
cat

idk if it’s tacky to mention another site here but… i saw something on cracked about the d4ily st0rmer being booted from godaddy & google? but i’m not sure what that means in the long run. does that mean they’re cancelled? because that would be nice news. or do they just go somewhere else where it’s fine to be a nazi? :\

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

You’ve probably all already seen this, but it’s a handy bit of evidence if you find yourself in one of those “it just preserving history” debates.

comment image

As for Confederate memorials generally, this is an interesting argument against them:

“I think it wiser not to keep open the sores of war but to follow the examples of those nations who endeavored to obliterate the marks of civil strife, to commit to oblivion the feelings engendered”

That’s from some bloke by the name of Robert E Lee.

cat
cat

thank you @David! i guess it’s nice that they’re in a grungy back alley now instead of out on Main Street. (me, clinging desperately to tiny victories)

iknklast
iknklast

Alan, could you post a link to that graph? It is way to small to read with eyes that have passed 50.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

That last pic of Trump just makes the think that the trapped ghosts inside of him are starting to claw their way out of the skin-suit they’ve been inhabiting. Appropriate, frankly. Someone should call the Ghostbusters.

The new ones, obviously.

A side effect of the past few weeks is that we’re all getting to see exactly what excuses the right wing homeschoolers have been teaching their kids for the past few decades.

Moggie
Moggie

That last one of Trump belongs alongside the work of Francis Bacon.

Sissy
Sissy

Well, the… erm, I have a whole bunch of unflattering names for him… the “Tangerine Nightmare” photo is the creepiest pic I’ve seen yet.

Apologies to tangerines. Sorry, tangerines.

Also, is it just me, or does the first pic of Bannon remind anyone else of that botched restoration of Elías García Martínez’s “Ecce Homo”?

Sheila Crosby

Crappy news: there’s been a terrorist attack in Barcelona. At least 13 dead and dozens injured. It looks like an ISIS sympathiser drove a truck down the Ramblas, a major pedestrian street. It was packed, because it’s the tourist season. They’ve arrested two men, at least one of whom has an arab-sounding name.

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

Remember the old TV cartoon, Jonny Quest? Well, it had a character named Race Bannon in it. I kid you not.

He looks more like Mike Pence, though.

On another note, I’ve actually seen some people claiming that the opposition to Confederate statues is an attack on Christianity. That’s about as historically ironic a statement as one could possibly make. I have just two words for them: Graven Images. And one more word: Beeldenstorm.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

This.

When demons flee evil.

Zatar
Zatar

So those Hydra T-shirts Marvel has been making to advertise there terrible “Captain America as a Nazi event?” Yeah some of the Nazi’s in Chris Cantwell’s security were wearing them.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Sheila Crosby And Trump immediately denounced the attack. What, no waiting for facts? No ‘both sides are violent’? The victims speak Spanish, surely he must think they’re bad hombres!! /sarcasm

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@dreemr

A few months ago, I could’ve made the same claim! Color’s a different story, though.

@Sheila

…Whuh-oh. Dave, might be time for an Open Thread.

Still Fiqah
Still Fiqah

“Stevie, baby, I am LOVING the energy! Keep it right there. Okay, now give me…PALPATINE! Great, you’re fabulous, now give me…DEEP-IN-THOUGHT PALPATINE! Fucking brilliant, okay, now go for…STIRRINGS-OF-AN-INAPPROPRIATE-BUT-DELICIOUS ERECTION PALPATINE! Beautiful, you nailed it, one more set, yeah? Good, this one’s for North Korea, Banny, we gotta sell it, so sex it up! Okay, give me…CONSTIPATED PALPATINE!”

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Zatar
I already consider anyone in a Punisher shirt a potential threat. Add another one, I guess. The fuck, Marvel?

@Alan
Reminds me of my favorite racism timeline graph

@Falconer
Dammit, can we get him smuggled into a Swedish courhouse instead?

Violet the Vile, Possessor of an Ideologically Weaponized Vagina
Violet the Vile, Possessor of an Ideologically Weaponized Vagina

Every time I look at Steve Bannon I think “ew, eat a vegetable”. He looks horribly unhealthy. Like he lives on greasy sausage rolls and never showers. It makes me itchy all over. Someone should give him a good scrub and make him eat a carrot*

*I am not volunteering

@still fiqah hahaha!

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

A good article on Bannon’s outburst:

Bannon understood that the bulk of the Republican Party liked to think of itself as tolerant, and preferred that its bigotry be kept under the surface. …

And that’s exactly why Bannon has to be fired. Trump once again has proved this week that by himself, he is too incompetent to marshal the political energy that swept him into office. The man is incapable of self-control or long-term strategic thought, and on some level, thank God for that.

But Bannon is the one person in that White House who we know for sure both embraces a white supremacist ideology and has a vision for how to implement it. The mere threat of that, that Trump’s political energy might somehow be married to a sober strategy, is terrifying and unacceptable. Bannon saved Trump’s political career once. He can’t be allowed to do it again; he has to go, and finally let Trump drown on his own.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Starting my 3.5 year long social work program tomorrow.

Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged
Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged

That last pic is definitely buying into the Chuck Tingle theory that Trump is a horde of screaming void crabs in a human suit. Now they’re so confused they can’t keep it quite on.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

What he looks like is my alcoholic uncle.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Imaginary Petal
Congratulations! You got this.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

As to Assange, I always thought he was sucking up to Trump in the hopes of being allowed to come to the US for asylum. I think (I hope, that is) he might find it less pleasant here than he imagines.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

@Imaginary Petal: All the congratulations!!!

Morgaine le Fée
Morgaine le Fée

@Axecalibur: I don’t know if it’s such a good idea to have Assange smuggled to a Swedish court.
Swedish courts are very lame towards rapists.

Austin Loomis

Scildfreya skrev:

My reply/correction got scooped by Banananana dakry:

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

I also thought of Chuck Tingle when I saw the last picture. XD

Still Fiqah
Still Fiqah

@Violet – Yup. Every single one of these guys looks like someone fictional and scary. Geert Wilders looks like a high-ranking SS officer in every picture he’s in. And David Duke looks exactly like that undead preacher dude in POLTERGEIST II.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

I do not understand Assange at all. I wonder if he’s just a psy op? I thought he had got in with the leftie Bernie fans, not he’s chewing Trump’s tomato? What’s he playing at?

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

Russia’s political policy these days is best summed up as “both extremes against the middle”. That’s why they seem perfectly at home supporting either far-right or far-left movements in other countries, but never anything centrist or establishment. In Greece they support SYRIZA which is radical leftist, whereas in Western Europe they’ve been favoring right-wingers like Le Pen.

Since Assange has close ties to Russia, it’s likely he can be described the same way, hence the Bernie/Trump duality.

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

Also: Augustus Sol Invictus is running for U.S. Senate in Florida as a Republican. He was a speaker at the Charlottesville rally. Bad news!

Yamara
Tov01
Tov01

Speaking of Assange: WikiLeaks Turned Down Leaks on Russian Government During U.S. Presidential Campaign

JS
JS

Those who want to find the IP for whatever web presence da1lyst0rmer has left will have to use the well-known twitter clone for the alt-right, “gab”. Yeah, I don’t even know the URL for that service, but it’s around somewhere.

@Ray of Rays
Don’t know about Faun, but I have read “Mall Purchase Night” by Rick Cook. I prefer his other works, but it’s barely tangentially related to Walpurgisnacht.

@Tov
Several US Intelligence agencies consider wikileaks a “foreign intelligence service”, and with good reason.

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

According to CNN today (it was on at work), Bannon called White Nationalists “a collection of clowns”.

I guess that makes him Bozo.

JS
JS

Bannon is attempting to re-distance the alt-right from white nationalists. I hope he fails.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

I came across the Mississippi Secession Statement recently. It includes:

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery – the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization.

It’s an interesting statement about the huge contribution made by African-Americans to the welfare of the entire world — although that’s probably not quite how they meant it.