a voice for men advocacy of violence alt-right empathy deficit entitled babies literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever MRA nazis with guns playing the victim racism white supremacy

Neo-Nazi who talked coldly of the murder of antifa “animals” turns tearful at prospect of arrest.

Christopher Cantwell: “We have done everything in our power to keep this peaceful.”

By David Futrelle

Call it a tale of two videos. On Monday, Vice News released a mini-documentary on “Race and Terror” in Charlottesville chronicling the #UniteTheRight march of this past weekend and the murder of antifascist activist Heather Heyer.

Some of the most chilling moments in the highly disturbing video, as I noted yesterday, came courtesy of Men’s-Rights-Activist-turned-white-supremacist Christopher Cantwell, one of the scheduled speakers at the abortive rally, who proudly showed off his numerous guns for the cameras before telling Vice News that he considered the weekend to have been a huge victory for the cause of white nationalism.

The fact that nobody on our side died, I’d go ahead and call that points for us. The fact that none of our people killed anybody unjustly, I think is a plus for us. And I think that we showed our rivals we won’t be cowed.

When Vice News reporter Elle Reeve gently suggested that the ISIS-style car attack that left Heather Heyer dead was “unprovoked,” Cantwell was indignant.

“That’s not true and you know that’s not true,” he tells her. After accusing antifa “animals” of attacking the car, Cantwell declares that the driver had no other option but to “hit the gas.” (In fact, videos show the driver “hitting the gas” when he was more than a block away from protesters, then speeding into the crowd.)

“And sadly,” Cantwell continued,

because our rivals are a bunch of stupid animals who don’t pay attention, they couldn’t just get out of the way of his car and some people got hurt. …

I think it was more than justified. The amount of restraint our people showed out there, I think was astounding. …

I think a lot more people are going to die before we’re done here, frankly.

Cantwell is now singing a rather different tune. In a new video, a tearful Cantwell — who plainly admits he engaged in violence at the rally — laments that a warrant has apparently been issued for his arrest, and that he’s terrified that if he is arrested the police will kill him.

He also fears for his life at the hands of “our enemies, [who’ve] been threatening us all over the place,” taking exception especially to a tweet from Chelsea Manning promising to “curb stomp” fascists. (A somewhat ironic complaint from a guy who used to harass feminists on Twitter with graphic suggestions as to how they might best kill themselves.)

He insists that he and his fellow white supremacists — many of whom, I need not remind you, showed up to their Charlottesville marches heavily armed and armored — have done their best to be peaceful and follow all the rules.

Quite a change from the fellow who only a few days earlier was talking so confidently about the necessity of a white “ethnostate” and coldly predicting that “a lot more people are going to die before we’re done here.”

Before taking up arms as a would-be warrior for a white ethnostate, as I noted in a post yesterday, Cantwell was a race- and gun-obsessed Men’s Rights Activist — and a regular contributor to A Voice for Men.

Here’s the Vice News video; it’s a tough watch but, I think, a necessary one for anyone who reads this blog regularly. While Cantwell is featured throughout the video — spouting an assortment of truly awful things — his sit-down interview with Reeve begins roughly 19 minutes in.

Here’s a mirror of Cantwell’s new video:

EDITED TO ADD: And here’s a brief clip from CAFE that contrasts the two videos.

H/T — Raw Story

Ooglyboggles

@Valentine

It just everything that ends all these nazi groups have seems to always lead back to Russia. They’re bigots, american made no doubt, but also it’s getting ridiculous how Russiagate is just so intertwined with US politics.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@Valentine : it’s more that right wing reject from America are welcomed in Russia by virtue of being both opponent to the USA *and* ideologically compatible.

I guess Poutine took notice when the whole taliban thing backfired on America to only help like minded people, not just random people who happen to have a common ennemy with you.

Oogly,

Forgive me, i promised not to talk more about ‘Russia gate’ on here…Before people thought i am putin-bot or a troll. But Russia and US always twisted together and trying to make influence with another. But i think about server is actually not about rightwing and just because many unregulated servers.

Roberta Loblaw
Roberta Loblaw
Ooglyboggles

@Valentine
Now that I cooled my head a bit that does make more sense and you’re probably right on this. Chances are it’s probably just one of those coincidences that are just that, coincidences.

Btw the Insane Clown Posse is apparently on our side.
Clowns vs Nazis, are we in a Fallout Mod or something? Cause I just, I can’t stop laughing at how absurd this timeline is. From fear, joy, other? Yes.

@olhmann

I missed your comment. Not sure if it is true what you said – but this right wing guys like this guy crying on the video. People would laugh at them.

Putin and gvt little bit smart than Trump, he knows how to play. He wishes happy Eid to Muslim on twitter but then ignore that people pay militia in kavkaz to try to get Russian Muslim to leave. But on surface he says right things and before sanctions people like him he improves economy.

Amnesia
Amnesia

Ugh, relatives being racist on Facebook again. Got a family reunion coming up, too, if work lets me have the time off. Still not sure I want to go even if I do get the time. *sighs*

How petty is it that if I had the money atm, I’d put out a Craigslist ad to hire someone black and openly trans from Kentucky to be my date for it?

IgnoreSandra

@Amnesia

Not at all, tbh.

It’s long past time your relatives got over their racism. And recent events make that more imperative than ever.

Consider this: If your relatives were willing to be adult human beings, something so small wouldn’t break their minds.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Amnesia

Sympathies. Just had the same sitch month and a half ago. Well, no racists, but plenty of other toxicity and expense and travel and bleh…

EverythingIsRidiculous
EverythingIsRidiculous

Didn’t take much for that blubbering coward to collapse in a puddle of self-pity and tears and snot.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Oogly

Fuckin nazis, how do they work
(and how do you turn them the fuck off)

bluecat
bluecat

Oh colour me not surprised.

Their objections to injustice, violence, terrible conditions in prison etc are purely based on whether it happens to them.

When it’s other people, that’s just fine. Indeed they get off on it.

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

All my sympathy, Orion. It sucks when the fighting happens in your home, because you can’t go home again afterwards.

My best wishes to you and to all the people of Charlotteville

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Bannon pretends to dismiss extreme right as “fringe”. Of course he doesn’t actually condemn what they stand for – just faux-condemns them for not being successful enough.

rmf
rmf

@weirwoodtreehugger

Alaska Thunderfuck has nothing at all to do with Baked Alaska. The former is a drag queen, the latter is an Internet nazi.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Check out this glimpse of what some other neo-Nazis are saying happened. The reality-warping is strong, and it will surprise nobody here to learn that they’ve been trying to sell their version of things on RoK.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

“hired profesional anarchist”.

Sometime, I wonder if the nazis understand the concept of word, and that you can’t randomly string them together while still having a meaning.

Amnesia
Amnesia

Of course, in response to OP, I have only this to say:
comment image

numerobis
numerobis

Valentine: the far right in the US fetishizes Putin, and has for a while. That’s why of all countries in the world, the nazis chose Russia to be their nameservers — not Iceland or Tuvalu or whatever, but straight from .com to .ru.

I don’t think Russia chose them exactly, though its propaganda has been consistently building that hard-right manly-man Putin image up for a decade or so.

Violet the Vile, Possessor of an Ideologically Weaponized Vagina
Violet the Vile, Possessor of an Ideologically Weaponized Vagina

*snerk*

That’s really the only response I have to this

Numerosis

But there nothing right wing about .ru. my email .Ru…. I think they go to Russian server because American Nazis think Russia is good now, but server is available just because plenty of unregulated servers, not because Russian directly make servers for Nazis.

I agree Nazis like how Russia looks to them now but i think they misunderstood. Propoganda was not for them, was for Russians.

Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight
Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight

@Valentine: I understand what you’re saying, and I think it’s very helpful of you to give a Russian perspective of what’s going on for those of us here (myself included) who aren’t in or near Russia.

Also, splendid news about the Daily Stormer being gone for good!

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

Pretty sure it’s mostly the latter; there’s not a whole lotta places with the combined web infrastructure and lack of regulation that Russia has.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Which is exactly what I said. Someone asked if there was a Rupaul’s drag race cast member with a similar name. I answered.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

Essentially, Baltimore, and Maryland as a whole, was Southern. In order to protect Washington, Maryland was under martial law, and treated as an occupied territory. The State Song still has lines like, “the tyrant’s boot is on thy shore”.

My uncle lives in Bethesda (which is why I was in Washington last month) and took a day trip out to Annapolis. The statehouse is beautiful (evidently the oldest continuously-used government building in the US), but I was struck by the prominent statue of Chief Justice Roger Taney sitting at the rear doors. Maryland seems to have this bizarre love-hate relationship with Taney as one of history’s more well-known Marylanders: they want to praise him for pushing back on Lincoln’s suspension of civil liberties, but they can’t escape the legacy of the Dred Scott decision. To my surprise, there were two signs at the base of the statue outlining both of those legacies, so it’s not like Maryland was hiding the terrible decision Taney made.

Personally, I think the ghosts of Dred Scott are too numerous to justify any monuments to Taney. I think America can better tweak the nose of neo-Confederates by replacing Confederate statues with William T. Sherman monuments with an plaque that reads “Those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out.”

Sherman may not have personally had the most progressive views on race, but the man understood the Confederate mind. I find his words still ring clearly to this day.

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

numerobis
August 17, 2017 at 6:39 am

I love the irony of it all. Not too long ago, the Far-Right types would’ve been all “Russians are EVIL!” and the original Nazis themselves were enemies of Russia and considered Slavs inferior.

Of course, back then, “Russia” was an informal place-name for The Soviet Union (which Russia was just a part of…albeit the main part), which professed Communism (which is considered a Left-Wing economic system….though you wouldn’t know it living there….all that oppression….).

The “Slav” thing….I guess they forgot.

I personally think Putin looks like a dweeb. He’s short, he has a tiny chin, his “pecs” are really “manboobs” and he looks like a hybrid of Dobby the House-Elf and a half-baked clone of Daniel Craig without the brawn & hunkiness and didn’t come out right.

V-Poo could probably still destroy me in a fight (being a former KGB Agent and adept Martial Artist) but I can’t help but giggle at his macho posturing.

HEY, THERE DORRRRRRRRKKKK….comment image
….WHERE IS YOUR CHINNNN?!

In speaking of chins….WHAT’S UP WITH CANTWELL’S POPEYE-MUG?

I shouldn’t be making cracks about people’s appearances but I’m I’m doing it to prove a point for THESE guys. They’re not the fine specimens of hunkiness they think they are.

Newt
Newt

“Baked Alaska” means meringue + ice-cream. Internet Nazis can fuck right off out of my dessert, and find some other white things to use as a pseudonym.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

.ru is the ccTLD (country code top-level domain) for Russia. I work for a domain registrar, so these questions are my bread and butter–the domain and the site it points to are actually two separate entities. A domain can end in .ru but be hosted somewhere else; similarly, a .com domain can be hosted in Russia. What matters is the terms and conditions applicable to both domain and host. Canada’s ccTLD, .ca, requires very specific presence requirements to use and the registrar I work for has very explicit terms of service regarding hate speech. Our hosting has similar terms of service. Obviously not every registrar or host has such scruples, and not every country code has presence requirements (like .tv for Tuvalu or .co for Colombia). The point is that I wouldn’t read too much into a particular country code. The heart of the matter is what companies provide domain registration services and what companies host the site’s content. Those are the ones to put the pressure on.

Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal
Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal

@Spukikitty,
I personally am glad to see your input here again in general. you are particularly bang on the money when you say

I shouldn’t be making cracks about people’s appearances but [inadequate excuse]

Please respect the comments policy and the reasons for its existence.

Gussie,

You think mail.ru is hosted in Russia or no? And yandex? Because i thought all with .ru/ .nz/ .Co.uk is all in that country…

So you are agree with me that they go just because of unregulated servers? Sorry, i don’t understand what you mean.

Falconer
Falconer

Great, there’s people on Tumblr passing around a Tweet that the Virginia ACLU made of counter-protesters carrying bows and arrows, and then blaming the ACLU for the injuries and deaths, because the rally on Saturday was denied a permit and the ACLU stepped in and sued to secure one.

But the ACLU didn’t make that man stand on his gas pedal and it didn’t make those Nazis march across the UVA campus — to which they weren’t invited — and also it’s coming out that the cops were really nowhere in sight for much of Saturday.

I couldn’t give two shits about the assembly rights of Nazis but I’m worried about establishing a process that could be used to deny assemblies to other groups that don’t use their speech to incite violence.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Falconer
Cos it’s not like minority and/or leftist protesters get brutalized and arrested now, right?

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal
August 17, 2017 at 9:25 am

@Spukikitty,

I shouldn’t be making cracks about people’s appearances but [inadequate excuse]

Please respect the comments policy and the reasons for its existence.

Okay. I’ll can the insults of appearances. Thanks. Sorry.

Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal
Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal

Thank you, Spukikitty.

Tabby Lavalamp

“There was supposed to be fear, but not in me! *sob* There was supposed to be violence, but not directed at me! *SOB* Why won’t the left get it through their heads that they’re the ones who are supposed to be cowering in terror?!?! *sobsobsob*”

@spukikitty

Socialist times actually very conservative. You must to obay rules and punishments very high. But also some good things.

He’s short

I agree also with @croquembouche. No need to insult how Putin looks. I am shorter than him, i am 167cm. All my family short and i am shortest! Putin is president, how he looks is not important to him – he already feel he is best.

Ooglyboggles

@Sinkable
Fucking 2017 how does it work? 2017 seems to be determined to see beat the Onion at their own game.

@Valentine
Russian web host suspended Daily Stormer over government inquiry. I’d almost feel bad for them getting constantly getting chased out of cyperspace, you know if they were anything other than racist, bigoted, confederate, history revisionist, sexist, ableist, transphobic Nazis. But that’s a redundant statement.

Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal
Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal

@Ooglyboggles,

for saying the exact same shit now that they have been saying for years. It must desperately hurt and confuse them that a tide has turned, and what they got away with yesterday is now widely condemned.
I hope the sand continues to shift beneath their feet.

Oogly

I don’t feel bad. Fuck Nazis. Not welcome anywhere. We must to punch more nazis, punch in real life and punch from cyberspace.

Falconer
Falconer

@Dalillama,

I mean, why give hateful local governments precedent for denying BLM permits?

(I’m worried I’ve put a foot wrong with you, mostly because of confidence issues on my end? If I have, please let me know.)

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

I wonder how long it will be until someone on reddit creates a sub for oh wait it’s already there isn’t it.

numerobis
numerobis

Valentine:

As Gussy said, in the abstract there’s two bits:
1. There’s a physical computer somewhere.*
2. There’s a registry that says which name points to which physical computer.

The overall registry is run by ICANN. ICANN is an international organization. It’s largely run by the US, but its very existence is predicated on trust so it can’t be too mean to anyone. It allows various companies to operate registries of their own in a somewhat complicated arrangement, and also allows countries to enforce certain rules on the registries for their own country.

But there’s no technical requirement that a .ru address point to a computer in Russia.

*: and to make things more complicated, there isn’t necessarily just one computer in one place. No single computer is powerful enough to handle all the requests going in to a major website like google.com — so the name points to a whole bunch of computers, and there’s various tricks to have it point to a computer near you so you get better service. There’s no requirement those all even be in the same country!

takshak
takshak

the white supremacists see Russia as the “great WHITE hope”, the last significant Whitey McWhite imperial power. Combine that with authoritarian submissiveness and that’s all you need to explain the Putin love.

It’s what ties Trump, nazis, the GOP and Assange together….

Nina
Nina

From the article Ooglyboggles linked to:

“Clearly, the powers that be believe that they have the ability to simply kick me off the Internet,” Anglin told AP in an e-mail. (…) Anglin told AP that he had been kicked off four domains and had run out of options since most domain registries explicitly ban “hate speech.”

BWAHAHAHA… It’s a shame it took so long though.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

re: Juggalos on our side?

I mean, I ain’t one, but if they’re willing to help…I’m willing to donate Faygo? Good, cheap stuff. And Candy Apple Faygo…it doesn’t taste like candy apples, but it is bang on the money for caramel apples. With Granny Smith apple as base. Godly stuff.

re: Baked Alaska as a dessert, not a fucker

I’ve always wanted to try some. A guy I like, Barry Lewis (hosts YT show My Virgin Kitchen), showed how to make it pretty simply (get cookie, take pint container of ice cream (preferably in Ben and Jerry’s shape) and cut off the container while it’s sitting upside down atop the cookie, quickly slather in meringue and use cooking torch to brown), but…well, that requires a cooking torch. They don’t even let us have a toaster in my dorm!

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

When I was a student, myself and my housemates owned a .sk domain name, because Slovakia was selling them very cheaply. We hosted it ourselves.

You can get any URL you like.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

@Valentine

I’m just clarifying that the domains and the services they point to are actually two distinct entities that often get confused as one by the general public. For most users of ccTLDs, they host within the same country for convenience and typically with the same provider, but that’s not necessarily the case. I can’t speak to individual domains like mail.ru. You are correct that Russia has a lot less regulation, which might apply to .ru, but the company I work for doesn’t support .ru so I don’t know for sure what that registry’s rules are. Hosting isn’t subject to ICANN rules, so it’s probably regulated even less in an oligarchic haven like Russia.

Gr8Dane
Gr8Dane

Today I just found out that there is going to be a white supremacy rally in front of city hall in my hometown of Vancouver British Columbia. They have a permit to protest for this Saturday August 19th. Our mayor has said that he expects Vancouverites to come out and confront them peacefully and is urging people to stand up to them. I plan on being one of those people. There are a few groups of these guys, the World coalition against Islam, the cultural action party and they have a group of men who like look bikers that are called the Soldiers of Odin that fulfill the role of enforcers. I gotta say that being Scandinavian, Danish and seeing the Soldiers of Odin facebook festooned with Viking imagery makes me sick to stomach. Appropriating my culture for their hate, ugh. Hopefully the event is peaceful but I have watched footage of these guys arriving unannounced at peaceful anti Trump protests and just attacking people.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

I took myself out for dinner for my thirtieth birthday, and had a Baked Alaska for dessert. It was glorious.

The comment I put on FB about Cantwell:
“My actions have consequences?! This goes against everything I stand for as a white American man!” The response was overwhelming positive.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Falconer

I mean, why give hateful local governments precedent for denying BLM permits?

The nazis’ permit wasn’t being denied. They were being moved away from downtown somewhere less crowded (and less dangerous). Also, not committing resources to defend nazis wouldn’t create a precedent. Technically speaking, taking and losing the case is what might create a bad precedent. It’s why civil rights lawyers are generally picky about what clients they take. They seek out the strongest case for the express purpose of making wide ranging precedent. The only thing this established was that permits awarded can’t be changed. I don’t think that precedent is especially worth it nor that it bolsters BLM in any appreciable way

PS: reading the Mrs’ books atm. Good stuff 😀