a voice for men advocacy of violence alt-right empathy deficit entitled babies literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever MRA nazis with guns playing the victim racism white supremacy

Neo-Nazi who talked coldly of the murder of antifa “animals” turns tearful at prospect of arrest.

Christopher Cantwell: “We have done everything in our power to keep this peaceful.”

By David Futrelle

Call it a tale of two videos. On Monday, Vice News released a mini-documentary on “Race and Terror” in Charlottesville chronicling the #UniteTheRight march of this past weekend and the murder of antifascist activist Heather Heyer.

Some of the most chilling moments in the highly disturbing video, as I noted yesterday, came courtesy of Men’s-Rights-Activist-turned-white-supremacist Christopher Cantwell, one of the scheduled speakers at the abortive rally, who proudly showed off his numerous guns for the cameras before telling Vice News that he considered the weekend to have been a huge victory for the cause of white nationalism.

The fact that nobody on our side died, I’d go ahead and call that points for us. The fact that none of our people killed anybody unjustly, I think is a plus for us. And I think that we showed our rivals we won’t be cowed.

When Vice News reporter Elle Reeve gently suggested that the ISIS-style car attack that left Heather Heyer dead was “unprovoked,” Cantwell was indignant.

“That’s not true and you know that’s not true,” he tells her. After accusing antifa “animals” of attacking the car, Cantwell declares that the driver had no other option but to “hit the gas.” (In fact, videos show the driver “hitting the gas” when he was more than a block away from protesters, then speeding into the crowd.)

“And sadly,” Cantwell continued,

because our rivals are a bunch of stupid animals who don’t pay attention, they couldn’t just get out of the way of his car and some people got hurt. …

I think it was more than justified. The amount of restraint our people showed out there, I think was astounding. …

I think a lot more people are going to die before we’re done here, frankly.

Cantwell is now singing a rather different tune. In a new video, a tearful Cantwell — who plainly admits he engaged in violence at the rally — laments that a warrant has apparently been issued for his arrest, and that he’s terrified that if he is arrested the police will kill him.

He also fears for his life at the hands of “our enemies, [who’ve] been threatening us all over the place,” taking exception especially to a tweet from Chelsea Manning promising to “curb stomp” fascists. (A somewhat ironic complaint from a guy who used to harass feminists on Twitter with graphic suggestions as to how they might best kill themselves.)

He insists that he and his fellow white supremacists — many of whom, I need not remind you, showed up to their Charlottesville marches heavily armed and armored — have done their best to be peaceful and follow all the rules.

Quite a change from the fellow who only a few days earlier was talking so confidently about the necessity of a white “ethnostate” and coldly predicting that “a lot more people are going to die before we’re done here.”

Before taking up arms as a would-be warrior for a white ethnostate, as I noted in a post yesterday, Cantwell was a race- and gun-obsessed Men’s Rights Activist — and a regular contributor to A Voice for Men.

Here’s the Vice News video; it’s a tough watch but, I think, a necessary one for anyone who reads this blog regularly. While Cantwell is featured throughout the video — spouting an assortment of truly awful things — his sit-down interview with Reeve begins roughly 19 minutes in.

Here’s a mirror of Cantwell’s new video:

EDITED TO ADD: And here’s a brief clip from CAFE that contrasts the two videos.

H/T — Raw Story

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

Is the warrant specifically for his actions at the rally, or is it an unrelated issue?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Like I said on the other thread, he seems to have convinced himself that any violence that white nationalists commit is “self defense” and therefore justified. He’s worthy of every bit of mockery that he’s been getting all over the internet today. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t still capable of violence. Especially now that he feels cornered. Pathetic losers can still be a danger and like I said in the other thread, if you’re in the Long Island area, be a little cautious.

That said. It was damn hilarious seeing him cry. Between this dude weeping like a baby and the reveal that Baked Alaska has to charge his Uber rides to his mom’s credit card, I’ve had a good time seeing this dudes get unmasked as anything but the civilization sustaining alpha males they’re always selling themselves as.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

What WWTH said. I don’t have sympathy for this guy’s current round of distress, but I don’t want him deciding that he is entitled to commit more violence. Even (especially!) if he believes there are no innocent bystanders.

But if he comes out of this learning something, like basic human decency, and goes on to atone for his misdeeds, then I’ll welcome him back to the human race.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Bullies the lot of them. Goes on about causing alot of murder but the minute people stand up to him he cowers and cries.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

I paused at 5 seconds in to make popcorn, and I don’t even like popcorn.

Shinobi
Shinobi

The stark contrast of “Where is my other AK? Oh I don’t know.” and “OMG PLS DON”T HURT ME DADDY WE JUST WANT AN ETHNOSTATE.” Such Lol.

Dude could not handle being black in this country for 10 fucking seconds. Absurd.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

“When I have a weapon I’m cool… when I don’t I’m terrified.” That’s what I got from that second video.

Josh
Josh

“I know we talk a lot of shit on the internet, but I don’t want violence with you.” Sums up the mentality of these people quite handily.

That said, even a mouse will bite with its back to the wall. So even these coward could be dangerous Under the right circumstances

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Someone tell me if I’ve misunderstood but it seems to me like the following:

“Antifa” appears to have been swallowed whole as a term that Nazis (yes, I went there) use to describe white protestors (non-white protestors get labelled BLM, and it’s shocking how quickly that has become a slur or stereotype, given how tame the demands are – “please don’t kill us”).

Clearly, it’s an attempt to separate the public from understanding these are anti-fascists. I’ve seen (and shared) arguments about that today. I wonder if it’s worth a rebranding, given it’s happening under our feet anyway. “Antifa’s” are democracy activists, aren’t they? That’s the point.

Am I off-piste? Happy to hear different views.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Hey, IP! Glad you’re back!

@Weatherwax,

No, you’ve pretty much got it. These assholes have lumped every protester (including BLM, if there is a whole group of people protesting at once, like Charlottesville) as Antifa.

If one isn’t a white supremacist/white nationalist/Nazi, and are protesting those groups, you’re Antifa.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Lock him up!
Lock him up!
Lock him up!

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

@ Axe;

Butter his emails!

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

Christopher Cantwell openly describes himself as an asshole (his website used the tagline “Anarchist, Atheist, Asshole”). You couldn’t build a more stereotypical Internet Tough Guy if you tried.

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

Does anyone else find it funny that when he wishes death to others via Twitter, it’s “talking a lot of shit on the Internet,” but when other people wish death on him, it’s a threat to his personal safety?

I hope the cops do take him without incident. The last thing we need is for him to be a martyr for white supremacy. He’s the kind of person who deserves to be forgotten.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

“Anarchist, Atheist, Asshole”

Because Hitler totally approved of anarchists and atheists.

ETA: Although I would associate anarchists way more with antifa than with neo-nazis. None of the anarchists I’ve ever known would want anything to do with this chucklefuck. He’s probably one of those libertarian assholes who are pretentious enough to call themselves “anarchocapitalists.”

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

I’m hesitant to watch the videos, as I usually am (when they don’t involve cute animals). But this is a good contrast, indeed.

In other news, I’m on track to join my campus’s LGBTQIA+ club.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@WWTH

Nailed it

Orion
Orion

I live in charlottesville . The public memorial happened a few blocks from my workplace. I couldn’t attend because I was at work. Apparently Heather was a regular at a coffee shop adjacent to my job. They converted the sign they’d normally write specials on to a message board for memories and condolences.

A friend of my brothers was attacked in a parking lot during the rally and now has a broken wrist. I myself couldn’t attend because I slept 18 hours that day. (I wasn’t allowed any stimulants this week because I’m having a polysomnograph tonight).

everything sucks.

Bina

Musical interlude:

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
Orion
Orion

@weatherwax, I wouldn’t necessarily describes be antifa as “democracy activists” I’m sure most antifa are pro-democracy but they’re certainly not all in favor. Some are too anarchist to approve of democracy and a tiny handful are old school communists. In any event, love of democracy isn’t their common cause and unifying principle.

Monster-Teeth
Monster-Teeth

I hope that sack of pig shit is afraid to crawl outside right now. Fucking coward. Cry some more LOL

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

So uh, I can’t help but notice that the world’s most ridiculous terrorist is currently free enough to post cry videos. I’m gonna sound like a broken record but if it had been BLM…

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Orion,

I’m sorry these miscreants flung their feces in your community. Hugs if you’d like them.

comment image

History Nerd
History Nerd

I’ve been aware of Cantwell for awhile. He was a right-libertarian before getting involved with the alt-right.

Cantwell used to live in Keene, which has a large number of right-libertarian activist groups (it’s also where Thomas Ball set himself on fire in front of the courthouse as a “fathers’ rights” protest). Cantwell got kicked out of multiple libertarian organizations in Keene because he promoted radical views in favor of violence against police, which most libertarian organizations don’t allow members to hold. Other libertarians even didn’t like his association with MRA’s, and it was well-known in libertarian circles in Keene that he was a heavy drinker. Recently, he’s drifted towards fascism, though he disagrees with people in the alt-right who want more government regulation of the economy.

He started out running for a New York US House seat for the Libertarian Party in 2009 while he was facing a DWI charge, which could’ve given him a felony conviction because it was his second in New York in ten years. It all went downhill from there.

Gijoel
Gijoel

BLM – wave a ‘Please don’t shoot me’ placard at heavily armed, roller-ball cops, and are calm as they are arrested.

Naziboys – wear crap they stole from a Ren fair, and cry when the cops haul them away.

I think we see who the superior camp is.

History Nerd
History Nerd

The SPLC also reports he claims he has been sober since March 2017. So yeah…

Roberta Loblaw
Roberta Loblaw

This is why mobs exist: to offer courage to the craven and cowardly.

When they’re alone? Well….

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

MrsObedMarsh | August 16, 2017 at 6:04 pm

“It’s only okay and frozen peaches when WE do it!”

To quote Justin Timberlake:

“The bridges were burned
Now it’s your turn, to cry
Cry me a river
Cry me a river
Cry me a river
Cry me a river”

You want to claim those frozen peaches, Nazi fucks? You better be ready for the fucking consequences.

(A repost from the last thread, but it’s so fucking fitting)

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

To, Christopher Cant-do-humanity-well;
comment image
comment image
….LOL! I love how these bigoted wimps talk a big tough guy talk then turn into Jello once the chickens come to roost!

JOKE’S ON HIM AND HIS ILK! THEY SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT! Everything’s falling apart around the Bigots/Wingnuts/Fake-POTUS’ ears!….
….And the Confederate Monuments are coming down IN EARNEST!

A perfect example of what TV Tropes calls Nice Job Fixing It, Villain….

Cohen the Librarian
Cohen the Librarian

“Antifa” is shorthand for “antifascist” which, for any decent person, should go without saying.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Nerd

The SPLC also reports he claims he has been sober since March 2017. So yeah…

CM Punkkk over here. I’d never really wanted to start drinking before I learned Trump was dry. Now this fuck? Ugh…

@Roberta

This is why mobs exist: to offer courage to the craven and cowardly

“Riley, that’s the whole point of bein’ in a crew! So you ain’t never gotta handle yo’ own shit like a man!”
-Flownomenal, Boondocks

History Nerd
History Nerd

@Axecalibur

Cantwell said he’s done meth also. He’s been living in Keene with his guns and drugs for the past few years.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Nerd, and apparently harrasing meter enforcement officers, shown in the link I posted. Much brave. So wow.

kupo
kupo
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

And yeah, his Radical Agenda Youtube channel is 404’ed, and banned from Twitter, don’t know about FB…

Huggbees
Huggbees

Ahh Nazi tears. Delicious.

Bakunin
Bakunin

Yeah, fascists are about as far from anarchy as one can get. Extreme nationalism and submission to the State doesn’t really gel with pointing out the immorality of State control.

And seriously? Most of the leftist activists I know wear their arrest record as a badge of honor, and this “superior jackass” starts crying at the possibility of arrest? Where’s the panel from Preacher when you need it?

Side note: Every time I see that Baked Alaska shithead’s name in an article I get confused, cause wasn’t that the name of a contestant on RuPaul? Not the same person obviously, but still confusing.

epitome of incomprehensibility

“Every step of the way we’ve been trying to do the right thing” ranks up there with Trump’s “wanting to know the facts” before making a statement. Blatant lies.

epitome of incomprehensibility

Also, this is a silly video, but watch for the brief segment where Anne of Green Gables swears at Hitler and then rushes at him, fists raised. It cheered me up!

JS
JS

Paypal may be getting the message (finally).
Several hate groups will not be getting cash through paypal as easily now.

jessay
jessay

@WWTH He lives in Keene, NH and yes, he is an Ancap.

JS
JS

@Weatherwax and everyone else Re: Godwin’s Law

From the Godwin who came up with the law:

Mike Godwin (@sfmnemonic): By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I’m with you.

When discussing actual Nazis who carry swastika flags and shields with fasces (not a misspelling) on them, it’s fine to call them Nazi.

They call them antifa and BLM to dogwhistle to each other, thinking that people who aren’t paying attention won’t notice. There’s a regularly updated post on antifainternational tumblr that shows the difference in violence levels very well… Useful in arguments with alt-reich that think they’re somehow “better” than the so-called “antifa”. Not that it convinces most of them, but at least the information gets out to people.

——

I think it was Pratchett who said something like, the IQ of a mob is equal to the lowest IQ of any participant, divided by the number of people in the mob.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

meth

yes, he is an Ancap.

I’m shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

It’s Alaska Thunderfuck. Her name is sanitized to just Alaska for TV.

Anne
Anne

It seems like The Daily Stormer has been kicked off the net completely

47Ronin100
47Ronin100

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Btw I haven’t commented on here often enough.

This is fuckin’ great.

Have a nice day y’all.

JS
JS

Well, Andrew Anglin from Dailystormer said something about being banned by ICANN, which is more likely him misunderstanding how the process works, or pandering to his supporters sense of “OMG we have to help”. (He’s not banned, his name is still on the icann whois results, which still lists cloudflare as his DNS servers)

Banned by google, and godaddy, and Cloudflare. That last one is the biggy, they are the ones I see listed as DNS server for DS on whois.icann.org

Cloudflare or another anti-DDOS host (like google.. oh, wait :P) is the only thing that would keep up a site as thoroughly disliked as that one.

The loud reaction to them calling for that attack (peaceful protesters don’t bring fueled incendiary devices) on Charlottesville was the last straw for Cloudflare. Also some customers probably left them, referencing them still hosting hate sites.

I know enough technically to setup a DNS server if needed, but not going to give details here in case alt-reich checks in.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@JS
Apparently they now are going to host the site on a Russian server, because of course right wing stuff seems to always lead to Russia.

Valentine
Valentine

Russia is not more right wing than America – just more corruption and different kind of rightwing. You can’t say that when USA grew this racists and allow them to continue until someone die. Well, many people die already from right wing racists in USA. In Russia simply there is opportunity to host this guys because system is like that – could easily host on UA server or Chinese. But then also UA have right wing groups, so…I don’t know.

Singerdog
Singerdog

In the previous thread there was a question about why Baltimore, MD, had confederate statues in the first place, when Maryland wasn’t a “Southern” state.
Essentially, Baltimore, and Maryland as a whole, was Southern. In order to protect Washington, Maryland was under martial law, and treated as an occupied territory. The State Song still has lines like, “the tyrant’s boot is on thy shore”.
In Baltimore, at the time, south-bound troops had to disembark at on train station, and proceed on foot a mile to board trains for points south. They were constantly besieged by the locals.
As a former Baltimoron and Marylander, I used to take pride in that history, and felt myself a Southerner…and growing up there, there was a sense of, “Hell yes we’re Southern…but not that Southern“, that allowed us to identify with the Dukes of Hazzard (lol!), while holding Union troops, Abe Lincoln, and Harriet Tubman as heroes…

1 2 3