a voice for men advocacy of violence alt-right empathy deficit entitled babies literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever MRA nazis with guns playing the victim racism white supremacy

Neo-Nazi who talked coldly of the murder of antifa “animals” turns tearful at prospect of arrest.

Christopher Cantwell: “We have done everything in our power to keep this peaceful.”

By David Futrelle

Call it a tale of two videos. On Monday, Vice News released a mini-documentary on “Race and Terror” in Charlottesville chronicling the #UniteTheRight march of this past weekend and the murder of antifascist activist Heather Heyer.

Some of the most chilling moments in the highly disturbing video, as I noted yesterday, came courtesy of Men’s-Rights-Activist-turned-white-supremacist Christopher Cantwell, one of the scheduled speakers at the abortive rally, who proudly showed off his numerous guns for the cameras before telling Vice News that he considered the weekend to have been a huge victory for the cause of white nationalism.

The fact that nobody on our side died, I’d go ahead and call that points for us. The fact that none of our people killed anybody unjustly, I think is a plus for us. And I think that we showed our rivals we won’t be cowed.

When Vice News reporter Elle Reeve gently suggested that the ISIS-style car attack that left Heather Heyer dead was “unprovoked,” Cantwell was indignant.

“That’s not true and you know that’s not true,” he tells her. After accusing antifa “animals” of attacking the car, Cantwell declares that the driver had no other option but to “hit the gas.” (In fact, videos show the driver “hitting the gas” when he was more than a block away from protesters, then speeding into the crowd.)

“And sadly,” Cantwell continued,

because our rivals are a bunch of stupid animals who don’t pay attention, they couldn’t just get out of the way of his car and some people got hurt. …

I think it was more than justified. The amount of restraint our people showed out there, I think was astounding. …

I think a lot more people are going to die before we’re done here, frankly.

Cantwell is now singing a rather different tune. In a new video, a tearful Cantwell — who plainly admits he engaged in violence at the rally — laments that a warrant has apparently been issued for his arrest, and that he’s terrified that if he is arrested the police will kill him.

He also fears for his life at the hands of “our enemies, [who’ve] been threatening us all over the place,” taking exception especially to a tweet from Chelsea Manning promising to “curb stomp” fascists. (A somewhat ironic complaint from a guy who used to harass feminists on Twitter with graphic suggestions as to how they might best kill themselves.)

He insists that he and his fellow white supremacists — many of whom, I need not remind you, showed up to their Charlottesville marches heavily armed and armored — have done their best to be peaceful and follow all the rules.

Quite a change from the fellow who only a few days earlier was talking so confidently about the necessity of a white “ethnostate” and coldly predicting that “a lot more people are going to die before we’re done here.”

Before taking up arms as a would-be warrior for a white ethnostate, as I noted in a post yesterday, Cantwell was a race- and gun-obsessed Men’s Rights Activist — and a regular contributor to A Voice for Men.

Here’s the Vice News video; it’s a tough watch but, I think, a necessary one for anyone who reads this blog regularly. While Cantwell is featured throughout the video — spouting an assortment of truly awful things — his sit-down interview with Reeve begins roughly 19 minutes in.

Here’s a mirror of Cantwell’s new video:

EDITED TO ADD: And here’s a brief clip from CAFE that contrasts the two videos.

H/T — Raw Story

JS
JS

He’s doing this “crying Nazi video” to further a narrative. We’re not the audience. It’s people who’ve not seen him before that he wants to reach.

“I’m scared of what the police will do to me” is not aimed at us. It’s at the not-yet-radical rightist, who might come upon that video and think, “Hey, he’s being persecuted, maybe I should help”.

He’s trying to work in a “Hero’s story” into the narrative, where he realizes he has to get ready for this supposed ‘persecution by police’. And he needs your help! Won’t you help?

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

When I was a student, myself and my housemates owned a .sk domain name, because Slovakia was selling them very cheaply. We hosted it ourselves.

You can get any URL you like.

Just to nerdsplain a bit, unless EJ is from Slovakia, the .sk registry probably didn’t have presence requirements at the time. According to Wikipedia, they do now, much like Canada’s .ca does. So you can’t literally get any URL you like; every registry has restrictions as to who can register certain extensions, and a lot of the country codes (all two-character domain extensions are country codes like .me, .tv, .cn, .de, .fr etc) require you to either be a citizen of that country or maintain a business there.

Domain names are fun!

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

Huh, that’s cool. Thanks Gussie Jives. You make the internet a better place.

Falconer
Falconer

@Axecalibur:

The nazis’ permit wasn’t being denied. They were being moved away from downtown somewhere less crowded (and less dangerous).

Huh. That’s not what the ACLU statement/press release thingy I read was saying, or perhaps I was reading it poorly.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Hi, PeeVee!

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Falconer

^Mentions it a few times. And googling ‘aclu downtown moved’ gets a buncha results from news pieces saying the same. It was to be relocated to a park away from the city center, ACLUVA sued and stopped the relocation

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

@ Troubelle;

They don’t even let us have a toaster in my dorm!

Dormitory breakfast… cold pizza and warm beer….

Falconer
Falconer

@Axecalibur:

Okay, guess I was reading poorly. Thanks!

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Russian web host suspended Daily Stormer over government inquiry

Well that went sour more quickly than Molotov-Ribbentrop pact.

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

uh, oh, terror attack in Spain. Someone drove a van into a crowd. It’ll be interesting to see if the toddler-in-chief condemns “violence on all sides… on all sides….”

JS
JS

Toddler-in-chief probably won’t even notice for 3 days.

JS
JS

I’ll just leave this here:

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

I have to wonder why vehicular terrorism seems so popular nowadays. It’s almost like the whole concept didn’t occur to anyone until 2016.

Is it just that the media wasn’t paying attention to these attacks until one lucky strike in France managed to kill far more people than is usually possible with this method?

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

from a CNN interview with a historian…

Cillizza: What would Washington or Jefferson have made of Trump?
Naftali: …. “Why doesn’t this Chief Executive wear a better wig?”

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

Huh, that’s cool. Thanks Gussie Jives. You make the internet a better place.

Hehe, thanks. 😀 I realize that domains involve a lot of jargon and this is all very inside baseball, but I’ve talked my fair share of folks through DNS updates and zone file edits, so I’ve tried to hone a vocabulary for cutting through all that and make it easy on folks. If the topic’s domains, I’m your guy. 😉

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

Arctic Ape
August 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm

I guess it’s because it doesn’t require special know-how or chemistry (like bomb-building) and it isn’t something a metal detector or bomb-sniffing dog can detect. All it takes is a skill that an average person often has….the ability to drive a vehicle.

Now; We need to think of new ways to prevent vehicular-crowd-plowing. Maybe have a lookout who can see the vehicle beginning to speed up and go “LOOK OUT!”

JS
JS

And if you want technical stuff explained so that you get a “deer in the headlights” look in your eyes, I’m here.

The Republican solution to crowd-plowing is apparently… legalize it if they don’t have a permit???

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

The United States condemns the terror attack in Barcelona, Spain, and will do whatever is necessary to help. Be tough & strong, we love you!

The hypocrisy is astounding. Anime take me away-
Oh sweet summer child, if only that were true.

Moggie
Moggie

JS:

I suspect you’re right. And there’s an element of “white lives matter” about it: “hey, if this white dude fears the police will kill him, maybe BLM are full of shit?”

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

“I prefer my Nazis broken, alienated, scared, and sobbing.” — Benjamin Dixon

Romi [drive by commenter] (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ
Romi [drive by commenter] (*●⁰ꈊ⁰●)ノ

@JS

He (OP) may be doing it to further his narrative with newbies, but I also think it’s real. He knows what he’d do if he were in the cop’s shoes and assumes the cops are like him.

Others on this site have said it before, and put it better, but MRA’s, Nazis, and MGTOW’s seem to have a pretty crappy worldview; and the worst part is: many seem to think everyone is just like them in thought and behavior. So whatever twisted crap they spew on the internet that they want to do to their ex or imagined ex, they seem to believe it’s justified because said imaginary ex would do the same to them if they were in their shoes.

kupo
kupo

Also, splendid news about the Daily Stormer being gone for good!

I really hope it is for good. Part of me wants to set up a service that pings it and sends me an alert if it ever comes back.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

“Dormitory breakfast… cold pizza and warm beer….”

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

comment image

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Did you meN aren’t full of shit?

Moggie
Moggie

Sorry, PeeVee, what I meant was that he probably wants to portrary white supremacists as more victimised than PoC are.

Valentine
Valentine

Moggie! Sorry i just want to say sorry if i mention anything to you on the before article that made you upset.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

@GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

Thanks for posting that; I love Christine Lavin!

…plus, that gives me the opportunity to post the best song title of all time, ever, seriously:

Regretting What I Said to You When You Called Me 11:00 On a Friday Morning to Tell Me that at 1:00 Friday Afternoon You’re Gonna Leave Your Office, Go Downstairs, Hail a Cab to Go Out to the Airport to Catch a Plane to Go Skiing in the Alps for Two Weeks, Not that I Wanted to Go With You, I Wasn’t Able to Leave Town, I’m Not a Very Good Skier, I Couldn’t Expect You to Pay My Way, But After Going Out With You for Three Years I DON’T Like Surprises!! Subtitled: A Musical Apology

…anyone who hasn’t heard this song really needs to go listen to it on YouTube.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Weird Eddie and Grumpy, re: dorm breakfast

I have a microwave, at least…plus, Cheerioes and yogurt doesn’t require any heating. (Unless your fridge is too cold and freezes your yogurt. That happened to me Tuesday. I had to thaw it a little to eat it.)

That said, I had a friend whose toaster caught on fire while we were RPing. He didn’t even add OOC marks–just started freaking out in text.

@SpukiKitty, re: vehicular homicide as terrorism and how to abate it

I know not their names, but in front of businesses, you tend to see lines of concrete geometries (usually cylindrical pillars or rectangular prism planters, but sometimes spheres) placed together just closely enough to prevent a car from going through them in one piece and with any semblance of velocity. That said, they’re not too convenient to deploy on roads, but it’s a thing that exists.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

@Troubelle

The post-shaped ones are called bollards (probably because they look like the nautical bollards); I don’t know about the other shapes.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ troubelle

I know not their names

Rather unimaginatively, if you want to order any, they’re just called ‘anti terror blocks’. It’s perhaps a sign of the times that there’s an official rating system for how strong they are.

All vertical elements created to prevent vehicle incursion should be fit for purpose and successfully tested to conform to BSI Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 68 ‘Impact test specifications for vehicle security barriers’.

CMH
CMH

Apparently the Cheeto-in-Chief thinks Muslim murder drivers should be killed. (in Spanish)

Maybe if they had marched around Barcelona with torches first they would have been “fine people”.

I’m both amused and disgusted that a Spanish newspaper has a section called “Trump Universe”.

Jeyne Doe
Jeyne Doe

Cantwell is now officially banned for life from OK Cupid. 💔

Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged
Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged

@Jeyne Doe

I don’t know why. He seems like such a nice, well-adjusted man.

/sarcasm on 12

JS
JS

Beware, there is another Christopher Cantwell on twitter, who is not this one.

I believe he may be considering a name change (/s)

Moggie
Moggie

JS:

I believe he may be considering a name change

I suggest Chris Canteven.

Moggie
Moggie

Valentine:

Relax, you haven’t said anything to upset me!

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@JS

After reading this on Twitter last night, I think you’ve nailed it.

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

@ Troubelle;

They don’t even let us have a toaster in my dorm!

Dormitory breakfast… cold pizza and warm beer….

Cold pizza’s delish and warm beer is pretty much the norm outside of the U.S.A./Canada.

@ Toubelle, Gaebolga & Alan Robertshaw
That’s cool! Time to perfect it!

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

(DARN RE-EDIT TIMER! MAKE IT LONGER! YEESH!)

CMH
August 17, 2017 at 5:01 pm

comment image

Don’t forget; Said torches must be the “Tiki” variety and give off a wonderful Citronella aroma!

My heart, prayers and good vibes goes out to the victims & survivors of both car attacks.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

(I like how they even got the local council pallet set right :-D)

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Troubelle

I’m pretty sure that – if the cops or councils wanted to use mobile versions – it’d be fairly straightforward to manufacture hollow plastic-ish ones. The same sort of thing that’s often used on longer-term roadworks and some building sites. The ones that are filled with water to provide the weight to keep them heavy, solid and wind & traffic resistant as well as being easy to remove by simply draining out the water.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Troubelle:

Unless your fridge is too cold and freezes your yogurt.

Could be worse. Back when I was in a University dorm, we once had to clean out a refrigerator that was set so low that that cans of Diet Coke had frozen, bloated up, and split open, spilling slushy Diet Coke all over the bottom of the refrigerator.

Interestingly, the cans of normal Coke were just fine at the same temperature, definitely cold, but not about to explode. I think the difference was down to the fact that the more stuff you mix into water the lower its freezing temperature gets (which is why salt works as a de-icer) and most artificial sweeteners are much sweeter than sugar, so you need less of them for the same level of sweetness. Hence, sugary soft drinks freeze at a lower temperature than otherwise similar diet soft drinks.

We did adjust the refrigerator before putting anything new back in it.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Falconer

(I’m worried I’ve put a foot wrong with you, mostly because of confidence issues on my end? If I have, please let me know.)

Nothing personal, you’ve just got an untenable position here.

I mean, why give hateful local governments precedent for denying BLM permits?

Look at places that do have anti-Nazi ordinances. The German authorities are no more likely to deny leftist protesters permits than ours are. And no less likely to then gas and bludgeon them anyway, of course. Given that that’s been the standard of police interaction with people on our side for as long as there’ve been police, I’m not really seeing a slippery slope when we say Nazis and Klansmen should get treated at least as bad as we do. Which will never happen, because most cops have worn a white hood or done a heil hitler in their time too.

@Gr8Dane

I gotta say that being Scandinavian, Danish and seeing the Soldiers of Odin facebook festooned with Viking imagery makes me sick to stomach. Appropriating my culture for their hate, ugh. Hopefully the event is peaceful but I have watched footage of these guys arriving unannounced at peaceful anti Trump protests and just attacking people.

A whole lotta Asatru (Norse neopagans) agree with you there; it has come to violence before.

Darustoryteller
Darustoryteller

When I watched the first video (not the 2nd, but the documentary) I just flat out cried.

Lover of the site and 1st time commenter .