4chan alt-lite alt-right andrew anglin daily stormer homophobia ironic nazis irony alert literal nazis memes men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny racism

Nazi memelords mock the murder of Heather Heyer by one of their own

Heather Heyer, who lost her life in Saturday’s terrorist car attack in Charlottesville

By David Futrelle

On the neo-Nazi hate site The Daily Stormer, the ISIS-style car attack on a crowd of anti-fascist protesters in Charlottesville yesterday has been the source of great hilarity from the moment it happened.

Site publisher Andrew Anglin mocks the attack, which killed 32-year-old activist Heather Heyer and left many injured, as a “Crashocaust” and jokes in one post that the “very nice car” used in the attack was “worth much more than the life of whoever died.”

Even before the driver of the car was identified as a young man who appears to be a Hitler-obsessed, meme-loving, Trump-supporting neo-Nazi much like them, Anglin’s readers embraced the attack as a great victory for their side.

“God is truly with us today,” someone calling himself AshinFurnacestein declared on the site’s forums. “HAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

“hahahaha YUGE win today for the home team!,” another commenter agreed, “and now they fumbeled in the end zone when a cop bird crashed and burned ahahahahaha  :joy:  God is speedy in his vengeance”

The Stormers quickly turned the attack into an excuse to post the most offensive memes they could imagine.

I’m going to post some of them here, but be warned: they are some of the most rancid, hateful images you will likely ever see, and, save one, I am posting them uncensored. Click away from this post now if the events of the last several days have left you feeling even a little bit fragile.

But this needs to be documented so we know exactly what sort of people we’re dealing with here.

Anglin himself got the meme contest going by posting this:

And things quickly went downhill from there:

Some of the Stormers happily appropriated whatever old memes they could think of.

The Stormers were especially excited to see that at least one of those hit by the car was black.

One memester borrowed the cover of a Cars album:

Another incorporated Anglin himself into his meme:

The worst meme posted? Probably this one, incorporating a famous image of Alan Kurdi, a three-year-old Syrian refugee who drowned in the Mediterranean after the overloaded boat containing him and his parents capsized.

There are more memes like this on the Daily Stormer forums, many more. You can find many of them in this forum thread. (This is an archived link that only shows a handful of comments; you will have to go to the direct link to see them all.)

And the Stormers aren’t the only ones turning the car attack that left Heather Heyer dead into what they think are hilarious memes.

On 4chan, one anon posted this:

And on Twitter, meanwhile, white supremacists and shitlords with names like Awakened Saxon and Dan From Kekistan are posting memes of their own:

These, I need hardly remind you, are the people Donald Trump refuses to explicitly denounce with his own big mouth.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

May these assholes receive everything they richly deserve.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Considering every single one of the tiki protesters are getting ousted and identified right now, they won’t be laughing for long.

Laugher at Bigots, Full Blown Future Heretical Frankist Whistleblower Neo-Hippie Resurgent

David, you may wish to censor the eighth Nazi image from the top.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

But the left is just as hateful. True story.

Lurkerina
Lurkerina

Thank you for recording these for history. I scrolled past. But it is important to preserve this record. (Hopefully for future trials, but that isn’t likely).

personalpest
personalpest

I guess God really is speedy in his vengeance!

FelixRay
FelixRay

But the left is just as hateful. True story.

That’s not even a story. Nobody, not even most Republicans, are as hateful as Nazis. Hate is their thing.

History Nerd
History Nerd

Are Andrew Anglin’s parents still supporting him?

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Eugh. I spent the day away form the news and the computer, because I couldn’t take it. Went out with a friend who is pretty much my only true-blue progressive friend left, who doesn’t “Well Actually” me when I call a fascist a fascist. Was sort of dreading coming home to check the news, in fear that something else might have happened.

I don’t know what the phrase “I’ve run out of spoons” means, but I really have run out of them. These guys need to be put in jail.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

At least you have one. Some of us don’t have any truly progressive friends or family.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Seconding this notion.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

The Daily Stormer won’t be long for this world if the SPLC pursues all their options for serving Anglin. The pathetic little coward has gone into hiding:

As for the commenters, I don’t wish violence on them. I don’t need to. I can’t think of a worse curse than a long, agonizing lifetime of waking up every morning, looking in the mirror, and seeing only their own hate-filled faces. Yeats said our souls are tethered to dying animals…these guys are animals chained to an already dead soul.

Scildfreja – here’s the origin of spoon theory. It’s a brilliant essay.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Thank you for the spoons article, Buttercup. It really hit me right in the heart.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Buttercup Q. Skullpants

How about them getting ridiculed and admonished by society, lose their jobs and be reminded that they’re not free from the consequences of their actions? That seems like a pretty bad curse.

Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged
Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged

@Buttercup Q. Skullpants

And that shit Spencer too. Someone who was on the scene for both the attack and the night before who was reporting their experience to Pantsuit Nation said that asshole and his ‘security detail’ was there for the gorram tiki torches and the counterprotestor beatings, and the venal little turd lit out as soon as it started getting violent. He’d been obviously helping to incite and ran to preserve his precious plausible deniability. I really wish he’d been punched harder a few months ago.

These syphilitic turds have made their own hell, yes. What I’m scared of is that they’re going to do their best to drag the rest of us down into it with them.

kupo
kupo

I don’t like the spoon thing. Why can’t I say I don’t have the energy and have people believe me?

@David, you have a “Trumo” where it should say “Trump.”

@Nazis
There are no words for how horrible you are if you think that any of that attack was funny or justified in any way. We will not let you win. History will remember you as the monsters you are.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I just simply don’t believe the story in the spoon essay actually happened, or happened the way it’s told. The best friend acts like a child, and then eventually we’re told this:

She had tears in her eyes and asked quietly “Christine, How do you do it? Do you really do this everyday?”

Yeah, nobody said this, ever, let alone with emotionally moist eyes. The metaphor is useful sometimes and I’ve used it, but I don’t believe the story and I think the story detracts from the metaphor.

Roberta Loblaw
Roberta Loblaw

And I was just pouting because I couldn’t monitor Daily Stormer via TOR anymore.

Someone was looking out for me.

Mikki
Mikki

Neo-Nazis have to be the dumbest motherfuckers ever. They dress up like Nazis, Zigheil, talk about how they want to gas jews, then look you dead in the face and tell you the holocaust didnt really happen

This Handle Is a Test
This Handle Is a Test

Well, finally happened, someone’s continual dismissal and humor on yesterday finally led me to unfriend someone from social media despite thinking that I never would. Fuck him.

But on to my main point. I gave a larger version of this on my personal social media but here goes:

I recently turned 38, that is 6 more years than Heather Heyer will ever see. In addition, the young man who killed her (who’s name I won’t mention) was 20 and if convicted he’ll likely get life so his life is over. Which is not to ignore the 19 lives that will need to be rebuilt (of which, 5 are still in critical condition last year). Given the number of lives lost to the evil virus known as hate (even if the perpetrator self infected) it is not a fucking joke, nor a meme, there are real people’s lives at stake for this.

So, in something I didn’t say before, how can anyone fucking joke about it?

Mike
Mike

All day I’ve been thinking about this kind of stuff, and about that truly hideous Daily Stormer piece that’s been circulating on Twitter (I’m not sure if it’s linked to in this post since the links aren’t working for me). In that article – and others like it – practically every single sentence is suffused with hate. And then to think, there are people who read articles like that every day. I know it’s a cliche, but I really don’t know how those people function; I’m not saying that to be hyperbolic – it really seems like it would be hard to function if your brain is festering with that much hate all the time.

Saint
Saint

Why can’t I say I don’t have the energy and have people believe me?

Have you met an abled person? They never believe you don’t have the energy.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Yeah, the way the story is presented is kind of Chicken Soup For The Soul-ish, but for me, the spoon metaphor is very effective at getting the point across about how costly even the smallest daily tasks are for people with chronic illness. I took it as a ham-handed parable, where the “friend” she’s trying to convince is really us. Many disabilities aren’t readily apparent, and it can be hard to convince people why you need that extra chair, or that parking space near the door.

@Banananana dakry: They sure are projecting hard, trying to dump their own insecurities onto everyone else. Misery loves company.

Speaking of insecurities, and misery-loves-company recruitment efforts, let’s all take a moment to admire this delusional gem from the Daily Stormer:

To those of you in Charlottesville, go out and enjoy yourselves.

If you’re at a bar in a group, random girls will want to have sex with you. Because you’re the bad boys. The ultimate enemies of the state. Every girl on the planet wants your dick now.

1) Nothing says “bad boy” like a guy in a white polo shirt carrying a mosquito-repellant candle stolen from his dad’s patio.

2) Nothing says “enemy of the state” like cowering amidst a circle of police in riot gear who are there to protect you from getting maced by antifas.

3) And definitely, nothing says “sexyfuntimes” like a Hamilton Swan looklalike in a sweater who wants to use you as a uterus cannon.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

At this point, Republican and Nazi have become a distinction without a difference. Until the self proclaimed “moderate” Republicans make a serious attempt to excise bigots from their party and bigotry from their platform, I will never hesitate to equate Republicans with Nazis. If they don’t like it?

comment image

IgnoreSandra

@Kupo & @Saint

Have you met an abled person? They never believe you don’t have the energy.

Fucking this.

If I say I don’t have the energy, they start trying to convince me that I really do. For some unfathomable reason, saying spoons instead helps them understand. I guess neurotypicals just don’t actually think about things unless you walk them through the entire process while holding their hand and offering them lemon water?

Expect them to keep doing this form of terrorist attack.

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

I don’t like using the term “spoons” myself because it’s hard to understand what it means unless you’re familiar with the original essay. How else could you make the connection between the thing you eat liquid and/or goopy food with and physical, mental, or emotional energy?

IgnoreSandra

@Buttercup

Of course they have to continue their stupid misogynist crap. It’s the only way they can keep pretending they’re doing this for anyone but themselves.

@WWTH

YES, THAT. THAT IS ELOQUENT AND ACCURATE. THAT’S EXACTLY HOW I VIEW IT.

Valentine
Valentine

In her eyes there is powerful life – very difficult to believe yesterday that life is gone.

kupo
kupo

For some unfathomable reason, saying spoons instead helps them understand.

I agree, but I hate that it needs to be that way. Sometimes I’ll say I’m not feeling well, but then they think I’ll get them sick. And if they know about my autoimmune disorder they’ll blame me for eating something wrong even though that’s not the only trigger for it (I think the last attack I had was from too much floride, but you say that and they think you’re a conspiracy theorist). Plus I am extremely careful about what I eat so it’s not like I’m going to sabotage my own health on purpose. And now able-bodied people are starting to use spoons as a way of describing their normal state of tired, so the idea that, no, really, people with invisible illnesses have to be careful about how much energy they spend is being lost.

Edit: @Valentine
That made me tear up a little.

Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew
Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew

Oh, I can…being a person of colour, or Jew, or LGBTQIA, or any other form of “cuck”, if these creatures get the power they want.

Valentine
Valentine

Spoons feel like half-idea to me. I am able-bodied (often very tired but such is my job), but i don’t understand spoons because it seems like they say you will know how many spoons you have. But in real life you do not know – and suddenly – no more spoons. In real life if you have such situation you will not know when you will have no energy, only that some time that day, you will have no any more energy. But with spoons you can say, i have five so i will do five things. That is why to me, seems like it is not fully finished for description of how it will be.

Valentine
Valentine

Missed edit – sorry kupo (((

IgnoreSandra

RE: Spoons

It’s not a perfect concept. Valentine raises an excellent point, one that applies to me in my life fairly often.

But it’s meant to get the idea that energy is limited across to neurotypical people who need it explained in the simplest possible fucking terms that not everyone is exactly like them. And it sort of works at that.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I hate it when people preach about how exercise cures depression. That’s semi true for me if it’s outdoors because sunlight helps, but it’s not very fucking helpful if I don’t have the energy to go out and exercise in the first place and it’s really irritating coming from the type A always full of energy sorts of people.

Dodom
Dodom

“I can’t really speak my truth about the nazis. It would violate the comments policy. I’m just going to point out that they tried again in Montreal. 1 injured, so better. There’s no article about it, I just saw it through social media.”

I’m in Montreal and haven’t heard about this at all! D:

kupo
kupo

@Valentine

That’s true. But for me I’ve gotten to know my limits pretty well by hitting them so often. I can tell when the tank is low, so to speak. When I was a teenager I had more energy for a while (the symptoms started around age 10, but around 14-16 I started having more energy for some reason, maybe hormonal changes?), and I would get the suddenly out of energy thing. But I wake up already low on energy these days. And some days I’m already wishing for bed by noon. I can usually tell when I get up whether I’ll have the energy to make dinner that night, so I’ll conserve energy where I can if I think I’ll need some extra later. Sometimes I misjudge and am suddenly tired when I’ve already accepted an invitation to go out, for example, and then I need to cancel or push myself, depending on how important. But I almost never accept invitations for after work events to avoid this. Same with other things that might depend on a future energy state or might sap some of the energy I’ll need the following day.

I’m sure it’s different for everyone. But where you’re describing a situation like my propane tank gauge–it reads as full right up until the tank is dry, at which point it reads as empty–my gague looks more like a gas tank in a car, where sometimes I swear it drains faster than usual, but it’s usually pretty predictable.

IgnoreSandra

@Dodom

It only happened about 4 hours ago. Supposedly at a demonstration. A pickup truck ran into the counter-protestors and injured somebody. I also haven’t seen an article, so I really should have classed it as unconfirmed.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Someone should create a corollary Fuck Theory. Lately I find myself running out of fucks really, really early in the day.

@Tosca – Fair enough, but I still wouldn’t trade places with them.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

GoDaddy has agreed to stop hosting the Daily Stormer:

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I find that there’s an inverse correlation between age and fucks given. I can’t wait until I’m old enough to get away with giving zero fucks at all.

Valentine
Valentine

Kupo,

After i read what you wrote, i believe actually it is not about how you describe – spoons, tank of gasoline, any thing – but more that able bodies are not listening. Your description very clear to me. I am sure many people can understand – but when people look like ‘normal’ people not listening, maybe because they think you are lie or it is not serious because nothing to see. (((

When you must to cancel plans that is very hard – people always behave like assholes when you try. And definitely also not listening then when you try to explain. And if you have no any more energy for plans then also you have no energy for explain!

I hope you have good friends who understand and support you. I am not tired but i have problems to explain sometimes to my girlfriend that simply i don’t​ want to see people, but she makes me go anyway then complain that i use my phone and not speak. But very difficult to explain this one, because seems like I hate other people if i say ‘ i don’t want to see you’. 🙈

kupo
kupo

@Buttercup
I think there’s an exponential relationship between the number of ‘spoons’ I have and the number of fucks I give. As the number of spoons I have decreases, the number of fucks I give decreases exponentially.

(Auto correct really wants me to be giving ducks.)

@Valentine
Are you introverted? If so, show her this: http://m.wikihow.com/Relate-to-an-Introvert

And I have very few friends because it’s too difficult to maintain friendships the way normal people need. I’m happier this way. 🙂

Valentine
Valentine

I don’t know. But i am loading that page now)))

I always think good friends will understand. Even if only one or two. My friends less because i am never at home, but ones who stay are good. If they leave i will not chase them.

Danel
Danel

The vileness and hate is one thing. What really gets me is how they seem to think it makes them strong.

They feel powerful because someone else – someone affiliated with their movement, yes, but not actually them – murdered someone with a car. That makes them feel strong.

Dreamer
Dreamer

My Mayor announced my city will be moving Confederate statues to a park. Currently they’re in the center of my city. He made the announcement in solidarity with the counter protesters. My city is being mentioned in alt-right postings. I’m glad the statues are being moved – one overlooks one of the biggest historical slave markets in the south. I just don’t want alt-right pos to come here. In my city, people are happy the statues are being moved. In my state, people are outraged about it. Yes, I live in the same state as Kim Davis. I’m concerned but will march if need be.

Acadia
Acadia

There’s also a post by Anglin on the poor woman killed by Fields:

Some of it is disgusting, like saying Heather Heyer is no big loss because she was 32 and hadn’t bothered to do the one thing women are supposed to do — reproduce. Plus, she was fat and her death “saved us a lot of money” on all the food she’d have to eat. I don’t understand that — do white supremacists believe the paychecks women receive should rightfully belong to men or did they think she was “mooching off the government” or something?

Other parts are just downright bizarre, like the claim that this was a publicity stunt by Dodge because they were sponsoring a drag racing event called “Roadkill Nights” on the same night that Heather was killed (became roadkill, as he so awfully put it). He predicts that soon Dodge will soon advertise Challengers as “fatty smashers.” Despite his delusions, I’m pretty sure Dodge would be happier if he just left them out of his conversations.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Yes, I’m certain that Dodge set this up. It can’t possibly be the case that someone affiliated with their side actually attempted to murder people and succeeded. It must be an advertising ploy, or a false flag, or whatever-the-fuck because even some Nazis realize that this isn’t going to play well on TV.

kupo
kupo

@Valentine
The main difference between introverted and extroverted people is that an introverted person recharges their energy alone while an extroverted person recharges their energy from going out with others. For an introvert, going to a party saps their energy. For an extrovert it replenishes their energy. It’s nice for me as an introvert that I’m married to an introvert because we both spend our time at home after work doing our own thing, and maybe every couple of months we’ll plan on hanging out with friends.

Huggbees
Huggbees

I wasn’t this angry when Trump got elected I like a lot of people have realitives that signed up to fight for our county against this same evil. And to see a bunch of swastika flags in an American city especially a beautiful state like Virginia made me want to punch my tv.

1 2 3