alt-lite alt-right anti-Semitism irony alert literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever oppressed white men racism twitter white genocide white supremacy

Tiki Nazis march against white genocide, mosquitoes: Today in Tweets Early Edition

NOTE: IN THE WAKE OF TODAY’S EVENTS — A WHITE SUPREMACIST TERRORIST ATTACK ON COUNTERPROTESTERS THAT LEFT ONE DEAD — MY ORIGINAL GRAPHIC FOR THIS POST SEEMED INAPPROPRIATE SO I HAVE REMOVED IT

NOTE 2: I regret the flippant tone of this post. Last night these guys seemed like clowns and it felt good to watch them getting a thorough mocking. They still are clowns, but unfortunately clowns can do a tremendous amount of damage, as the current inhabitant of the White House reminds us every day.

My newer post on the terrorist attack is here.

By David Futrelle

On Friday night, a couple hundred Nazis and oh-I’m-not-really-a-Nazis marched through the largely empty University of Virginia campus in Charlottesville, many of them holding cintronella tiki torches aloft in what appears to have been an attempt to simultaneously fight white genocide and banish mosquitoes.

Of course, given that gender ratio was approximately 90 pasty white dudes per one Lauren Southern wannabe, it’s a safe bet that very few marchers actually “fought white genocide” after the march, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Anyway, so they marched. And afterwards people dunked on them mercilessly on Twitter. Here are some highlights of both events.

The best part about this video? The Nazis who can’t remember which arm to “sieg heil” with. (The right arm, my dudes.)

This white lady seems nice:

The marchers were quite impressed with themselves:

But Tinkerbell was not exactly correct. Lots of people are laughing.

Nonetheless there were still those who insisted that this Nazi march was not really a Nazi march, I mean, what evidence is there that any of these guys are Nazis?

That said, the Nazis and Friends of Nazis did indeed act like the shitheads they are.

The truly brave souls? The small number of counterprotesters who found themselves surrounded by hundreds of Nazis.

Nazi dorks, fuck off!

Nina
Nina

So the guy who drove into the counter-protesters is in custody, which is as it should be. But if he had been black or a muslim, he would have been shot for sure. And now we’ll be told how he is a disturbed individual who is in no way representative of a larger problem, yadda yadda… Maybe Richard Spencer will start the twitter hashtag #notallnazis.

As sickened as I am by the actual nazis at that rally, it’s their apologists that disgust me the most.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Roberta, not a truck. A Dodge Challenger. A d the video is horrific.

numerobis
numerobis

dreemr: if you’re getting a gun, please get training. Also a locking case. In fact, please leave you gun and ammo at the shooting range.

When shit hits the fan you’ll be able to go get it, but generally, firing a gun on the spur of the moment is a terrible idea.

Haise, the husky puppy
Haise, the husky puppy

Trump’s tweets only show us how much of a coward he is when it comes to losing his image from those who elected him. He knows they voted for him. So he knows if he tweets something like “We must defeat these nazis! and these white supremacist!” they’ll turn on him and treat him as bad as they’ve treated everyone else who isn’t white cis, straight, male and christian. He knows his rabid maga-fanbase is next to pond scum. So he’ll tiptoe around these incidents of terrorism from these nazis. Because its his image over the lives of others. This is the POTUS.

I’m so glad the people who were in the church is alright. I hope nobody else injured— someone was murdered. God. Fucking. Damn it.

ONE DEATH IS TOO MUCH. Fuck everyone who is trying to play that ‘BUT-BUT BOTH SIDES!!’ argument. Fuck this dark timeline. Their rally against ‘white genocide’ is only promoting and producing violence and death. Fuck their message.

dreemr
dreemr

@numerobis

No worries. I not only recently took firearm safety course with my son when he was 12, but I am a former member of my university’s pistol target-shooting team.

My first ex-husband is a firearm safety instructor as well as a firearms dealer.

My anti-gun stance comes more from a place of previous experience with gun fetishists. However, I’m pretty well-trained.

I mean, gun shows 30 years ago used to be the only places you could find the most deplorable Nazis and white supremacists around. I clearly remember the loads of pro-Hitler books and paraphernalia.

This stuff isn’t new in the U.S., it’s just been underground a long time. (“Underground”, but of course not really).

Also, @wwth – you are spot on about the reaction of the police and much of the military. This is what they’ve wanted.

Valentine

Please don’t get guns. Look first on all counties now with civil war, country like mine – there is no situation where more guns will improve. And also, this people if they have guns have something you do not – they want. They want to use their gun if they have – and in any case gun or no gun, they will always be more ready than you. They look for any reason to use their gun – but when they look on their enemy and see guns in their hands too – then there is no more doubt. They will use.

I say this – with guns you go from protest to war. In protest peaceful is not always good. Malcolm X is my kind of protester, i believe that. But with guns – this is no more protest. See in three months from December 2013 to May 2014 my country goes from protest to war. Tanks and soldiers in Donetsk airport. It is too fast and you take guns you make it faster.

Valentine

Oh i wrote three months. I mean 6. I am little bit stupid.)))

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite
Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

If you can, now is the time to shame relatives who joked about running over protestors after the election. Social momentum. It’s hard so I understand it when people can’t, or do it indirectly like me.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

I think not getting gun involved is the better, and more likely to be successful way. I suspect Trump only wait for an opening to send the police and army cracking down after all, and the US police have so much bullshit equipment that it’s basically an army.

That being said, confronting neonazis without guns require so much courage that I won’t disapprove of getting one for the sake of feeling safe if nothing else.

Ooglyboggles

This is the future the GOP chose and desired.

@Valentine
To be fair it does feel like 6 months, and counting.

Oogly,

Sorry i am still stupid – what you meant? I meant about maidan. You mean feels like 6 months since today protests?

dreemr
dreemr

I have not yet armed myself, and I don’t know for sure that I will.

I can’t say anything more than that due to comments policy.

@Valentine
Sorry, I made a mistake. I misread your post on your country’s protest and instead thought you were talking about how long the current POTUS is in office. Again, my bad, I didn’t mean to offend.

I’m not offended! Seems like 6 years already since trump become president

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Well at least someone has condemned Trump’s “all sides” comment. Unfortunately it’s David Duke:

“I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists.”

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

That goddamned revolting lizardman Duke. He needs to stfu.

@Alan Robertshaw

David Ernest Duke is an American white nationalist, politician, antisemitic conspiracy theorist, Holocaust denier, convicted felon, and former Imperial Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.

“I’m only criticizing you because you’re not willing to say you side with Nazis. You know, the people who got you in office?”

He needs to crawl back into his hole, away from anyone he could possibly harm. Any more words on the subject violates the Comments Policy.

@PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
You know the saying “at least they’re honest about it.”

That saying isn’t really doing much for me right now.

Nequam
Nequam

I’ve debated whether it would be a good idea to take up firearms training and have a gun, but for me it boils down to three little words: recurring suicidal ideation.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

I think it’s a good thing when the wolves take off their sheep’s clothing.

SinisterPigeon: Sombrero Golem
SinisterPigeon: Sombrero Golem

Ana Navarro also condemned his bullshit. She remains the only Republican I would ever vote for.

mrex
mrex

@Valentine

“Malcolm X is my kind of protester, i believe that. But with guns – this is no more protest.”

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that the Black Panthers were usually armed. And I’m glad they were.

@Axe

“Our Peculiar Institution => States’ Rights => Agitators => Seperate but Equal => Law and Order =>”

Immmmhmmmm.

“Economic Anxiety”

`

But I’m completely sick of white people, just in general. I can’t say anything else without violating the comments policy.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

@David: this is a mockery site. Ridicule is still an effective tool against pompous bigots — even when they move on to actual violence.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Sinister Pigeon

She remains the only Republican I would ever vote for.

Why? Because she’s not willing to own the culmination of the cause she’s spent her life working for?

kupo
kupo

@mrex
Oh, now you’re sick of white people? You sat here defending economic anxiety leading up to this. How do you defend your actions?

mrex
mrex

@kupo

Oh, I’ve been sick of white people’s shit long before some on the left decided to let Nazis co-opt a legitimate white complaint to ise towards racist ends. All this is just making me hate everything more and more.

But let’s not fight about this in this thread.

SinisterPigeon: Sombrero Golem
SinisterPigeon: Sombrero Golem

@dali

The Miami Republican is different from many of the others because it comes from a weird mixture of trauma and privilege. When this ends and we both calm down a bit I would love to debate you on it but I always think being wrong doesn’t make you evil but being evil almost always makes you wrong in terms of more reasonable republicans.

Valentine

Mrex my point still can be understood. What example i gave is real – from my own country. But maybe​ you just want to ignore.

Also what do you mean ‘legitimate white complaint’ – about economics? I think in USA poc worrying same or more than about poverty. Even i know that poverty used against black people to control, never was it like this for white people. They poor, yes, but they not /made/ to be poor directly by your government how it was for black people.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Yeah, I’m side eyeing “legitimate white complaint” too.

Valentine

There is only one legitimate white complaint – when there is no any more mayonez 😁

mrex
mrex

@Valentine

“What example i gave is real – from my own country. But maybe​ you just want to ignore.”

Ok, if I remember correctly, you’re from Russia. I actually don’t know very much about Russia, or what you are referencing. If you would like to, I would appreciate it if you told me more. 🙂

I actually don’t understand your point very well. You seem to be arguing that we should allow Nazis to arm themselves to the teeth while we’re wrong if even buy guns. Maybe I misunderstood.

“Also what do you mean ‘legitimate white complaint’ – about economics?”

Economic anxiety-Psychological state of concern or worry exhibited by many individuals, entities, and parties over conditions in the economy. Economic anxiety tends to occur when growing markets unexpectedly crash and stay in a recessionary state for periods of time longer than expected.

“I think in USA poc worrying same or more than about poverty.”

Yes, it’s always been worse for POC. But keep in mind that this doesn’t mean that white people don’t have economic anxiety here as well.

“Even i know that poverty used against black people to control, never was it like this for white people.

Never? Really?

“They poor, yes, but they not /made/ to be poor directly by your government how it was for black people.”

Sorta? The government /makes/ white people poor as well. White USians aren’t poor by accident, and it’s not because we’re lazy either.

But yes, POC face much worse.

May I suggest you read This article?

Now that I’ve answered your questions, this isn’t the thread for this, yes?

@mrex

Wages really have stagnated for much of the past 15 years, and economic mobility, at least by some definitions, really has fallen. College costs really have risen, and our retirement system really is broken. Until politicians and policymakers find ways to address those issues, economic anxiety — and its political consequences — isn’t likely to go away.

I don’t think I have to explain the party behind all of that do I?

mrex
mrex

@Oogly

Of course not. We all know Republicans are responsible for most this shit.

Does that make it any less real? No.

@mrex
And who consistently votes GOP in to enact programs to disenfranchise them and others?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I’d ask what makes “economic anxiety” a white complaint particularly, but mrex is so fucking disingenuous and self-centered that I’m not actually interested in the response.

Fuck off, mrex. Nobody wants your brand of BUT WHAT ABOUT THE WHITES right now.

Valentine

Mrex, i am not from Russia, i am from Ukraine and i meant about maidan. How protests turn very fast to war and fighting. I meant i believe from this example getting more guns will make more dangerous for everyone. And was Nazis also in maidan, paid to attack protesters and to make protesters become violent so they can be arrested. Little bit different because actually then there was Russian army coming.

I just think it is going only to kill more people when people bring more guns. This is what response terrorists wish for.

Now that I’ve answered your questions, this isn’t the thread for this, yes?

But why answer at all? Because now i want to say more to explain you because i don’t agree and think maybe you misunderstand me. But i will not, because i don’t want to be disrespectful.

Valentine

PoM – you just said exactly what i meant to say, but simply and better . Thank you )))

mrex
mrex

@Oogly

If I smoke for 50 years does that mean that I get to pretend that the lung cancer that results doesn’t exist?

@Valentine

Ok, sorry. I’ve never heard about Maidan. I’ll look into it, thanks.

I see what you mean about guns, but I guess I think it’s hard to say whether self-defense increases or decreases violence when the other side is getting violent first.

Of course I wish that EVERYONE left their weapons at home. I just don’t think it’s going to happen.

TreePerson
TreePerson

@Valentine
Guns and protests are a bad mix but the history of civil rights movements in the US is not just a history of peaceful marches and speeches its also a history of armed resistance.

Personally I’m more concerned abut a home invasion when these neo-nazis try to pull the “day of the rope” they have been fantasizing abut just like the vehicular homicide,
after this and trump’s weak response they might feel emboldened to escalate to even more violent action.

Taking a gun to a protest is a terrible idea but for home defense its starting to look like it might actually become an issue.

Valentine

Okay now i better understand. But honestly if Nazis or soldiers come to my house i would run first before i shoot.

@mrex
If I smoked for 50 years, and did it to spite anyone who asked me to stop, even knowing that my smoking is harming others far more than it does me, and even enjoying the fact that others are harmed by my second hand smoke, and then developed Lung Cancer, I don’t think I’d have anyone else to blame but myself.

@Valentine
Most people aren’t good shots, chances are you’re more likely to live than try to fend off multiple people out for your blood.

Deathtothefilth
Deathtothefilth

To anyone in this thread thinking about getting a gun and being armed. Contact me, hit me up on twitter and dm me. I’ve got a lot of firearms experience, grew up with them, I can help you figure out how to be safe, responsible, and careful.
Also look up the Liberal Gun Club. It’s the lefts answer to the NRA.

TreePerson
TreePerson

@Valentine
The ideal place to be in such a scenario would probably be in a car heading to Canada,
I just want to have a back up plan.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@mrex
*ahem, activates bullhorn*

THE ISSUE IS NOT, AND NEVER HAS BEEN, WHETHER OR NOT SOME WHITE PEOPLE GENERALLY OR SOME TRUMP VOTERS SPECIFICALLY HAVE MONEY PROBLEMS. THE QUESTION IS WHETHER WE SHOULD GIVE A SHIT. THE ANSWER IS, OF COURSE, YES, BUT THE AMOUNT OF SHIT WE SHOULD GIVE IS MASSIVELY DISPROPORTIONATE TO THE AMOUNT OF SHIT WE ARE ASKED TO GIVE. STOP TELLING ME I NEED TO DEVOTE MY SYMPATHIES TO CLETUS’ IMPENDING FORECLOSURE WHEN DESHAWN CAN’T LEAVE THE FUCKIN HOUSE WITHOUT BEING IN DANGER OF DEATH BY COP

The problem I, and everyone else, has with ‘economic anxiety’ is that it’s intentionally a distractionary tactic. Yes, I said intentionally. As I explained to you during our first argument on the subject last year, this narrative was born from the media. The could not bring themselves to understand that their fellow white people were raging bigots, so they fell back on their usual gambit. Reagan didn’t win on the promise of tax cuts. If you can explain it with econ, you don’t hafta look deeper (looking at you too, Bernbots)

Then, black Twitter and feminist Twitter are the Facebooks and Tumblrs of same had enough of the rose colored think pieces about how ‘Middle Murica’ is a blighted wasteland of little substance cos the ‘Librul Leets’ and ‘Identity Politickers’ had been so unjustly mean to them. If you’d been nicer to the Charlottesville nazis, they wouldn’t be nazis. And none of that is victim blaming, bigotry apologia, no way. Totes economic anxiety… At which point we all replied, say it with me, FUCK YOUR ECONOMIC ANXIETY!

@Oogly said it perfectly, if you did it to yourself, and in order to hurt me, I don’t hafta be nice to you about it. I don’t hafta center you in discussions on solutions. I don’t hafta take care of you, and if I decide to, I don’t hafta deal with your shit 1st. Back of the goddamn line, racist muffuga

Get it now? Cos I’m pretty sure I can’t make it any clearer than that…

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Whenever people pull the “Republicans aren’t racist, they just want tax cuts” shit, I like to post this. CN for racial slur

All these buzzwords and phrases are code for “I’m a white supremacist and you are too.” This is one of the main proponents of the southern strategy admitting it. The GOP has been the party of white supremacy for decades. They know it. Their voters know it whether they admit it or not. As someone (Axe?) pointed out yesterday, economic anxiety is just the latest dog whistle.

It is so frustrating that despite the fact that the Republicans have been quite open about racism and other bigotries being a feature and not a bug, people are still denying it. It’s like facing westward, looking directly at the sunset and claiming that the sun sets in the east.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Clinton voters experience economic anxiety more acutely than Trump voters. It’s right there in the surveys. Economic anxiety didn’t make people vote Trump, because if it did you would see more of it on the Trump side than the Clinton side, and we see the opposite.

Sure, some racist white people experience economic anxiety, but that didn’t make them vote for Trump. What made them vote Trump was their racism, not their unrelated economic anxiety. Trump’s signature issue is immigration and how we should have fewer nonwhite people in the US. The media has spun this, with Republican help, into “well they’re afraid that brown people will take their jobs.” But that’s a deceptive lie, and that’s the lie that mrex keeps passing off, over and over. The key word in that phrase is “brown” not “jobs.”

Especially given mrex’s unwillingness to actually accept meaningful aid even in the hypothetical, I am completely out of fucks to give for mrex.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

Trumplethinskin voters tended more towards white, educated, and wealthy than Hillary voters, but nice try, mrex. Also, what Oogly said.

On the actual topic, some of the Nazis in this march have been identified, and at least one has lost his job. Spencer also got arrested and there are pictures of him with his face shoved into the ground by police. I’ll try to find them, I saw them on tumblr.

+ their other bigotries, like transphobia, homophobia, etc

bluecat
bluecat

I understood the “cause” of the march was white supremacist fears that the city would remove a statue of Robert E Lee – who liked slavery so much he fought to keep it.

Not so much economic anxiety, or (what they were saying on the march) fear of “being replaced”, but the desire to continue glorifying a man who thought that many of the people of that city were not actually people.

It’s horrific.

I note that the tactic of deliberately running down passersby in a vehicle is one associated with ISIS-supporting terrorists.

So once again, the people objecting to that but condoning this are really only arguing over who’s allowed to be a murderous … I can’t think of a noun that would fit the comments policy, sorry.