alt-lite alt-right anti-Semitism irony alert literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever oppressed white men racism twitter white genocide white supremacy

Tiki Nazis march against white genocide, mosquitoes: Today in Tweets Early Edition

NOTE: IN THE WAKE OF TODAY’S EVENTS — A WHITE SUPREMACIST TERRORIST ATTACK ON COUNTERPROTESTERS THAT LEFT ONE DEAD — MY ORIGINAL GRAPHIC FOR THIS POST SEEMED INAPPROPRIATE SO I HAVE REMOVED IT

NOTE 2: I regret the flippant tone of this post. Last night these guys seemed like clowns and it felt good to watch them getting a thorough mocking. They still are clowns, but unfortunately clowns can do a tremendous amount of damage, as the current inhabitant of the White House reminds us every day.

My newer post on the terrorist attack is here.

By David Futrelle

On Friday night, a couple hundred Nazis and oh-I’m-not-really-a-Nazis marched through the largely empty University of Virginia campus in Charlottesville, many of them holding cintronella tiki torches aloft in what appears to have been an attempt to simultaneously fight white genocide and banish mosquitoes.

Of course, given that gender ratio was approximately 90 pasty white dudes per one Lauren Southern wannabe, it’s a safe bet that very few marchers actually “fought white genocide” after the march, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Anyway, so they marched. And afterwards people dunked on them mercilessly on Twitter. Here are some highlights of both events.

The best part about this video? The Nazis who can’t remember which arm to “sieg heil” with. (The right arm, my dudes.)

This white lady seems nice:

The marchers were quite impressed with themselves:

But Tinkerbell was not exactly correct. Lots of people are laughing.

Nonetheless there were still those who insisted that this Nazi march was not really a Nazi march, I mean, what evidence is there that any of these guys are Nazis?

That said, the Nazis and Friends of Nazis did indeed act like the shitheads they are.

The truly brave souls? The small number of counterprotesters who found themselves surrounded by hundreds of Nazis.

Nazi dorks, fuck off!

Valentine
Valentine

I know this people on twitter making jokes but for me it is difficult to laugh at this. Even if they do carry insect-repellant torches. Ok, now i written that it is little bit funny – specially if you imagine how it smells. But for people inside the church to which they matched it would be very scarey. Who said it is terrorism is correct. Also, US police are shit morons for not doing anything.

bluecat
bluecat

That takes incredible courage by the protesters. It’s heartening.

The photos of the Nazis-we’re-not-Nazis (apart from literally wearing T-shirts with the word Nazi on, sieg heiling and so on) remind me of the comment – apparently made by unconvinced Germans during the 30s – that the ideal Aryan man would be as blonde as Hitler, as athletic as Goering and as well built as Goebbels.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

But it was the black POTUS that caused the racial rift.

Uh huh. Okay.

RosieLa
RosieLa

Well, I mean, are tiki torches particularly aryan?

JS
JS

Tiki torches are a lot safer for the holder than the all-wood ones. That said, they missed the opportunity to also bring pitchforks, shovels, and hay rakes. If you’re storming the castle of the (((evil monster))), you always bring pitchforks, hay rakes, and shovels.

If not for the fact that the church they targeted was evacuated due to incoming sheep Nazi flood, it would be funny.

@David
Correct spelling is “Citronella”

Malitia
Malitia

Why do I suddenly have the (probably unhealthy) urge to say torch in Hungarian repeatedly to these dudes? (Probably because that’s ‘fáklya’ and pronounced awfully close to “fuck you”.)

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

This is horrifying, guys. I’m so glad that they were able to get that church evacuated. Thank goodness for those brave people holding up the torch and pitchfork mob. I gotta echo what @IGD_News said in the tweets – it’s more important than ever that we stand up to this whenever it shows up. It ain’t right.

I don’t want to make any allegories to 1920’s and 30’s Germany, because we live in a different time – the internet and television will ensure it goes down completely differently. But I think I have an inkling of how it must have felt. We can coordinate far better than they used to be able to, though, and we’re more aware of these things happening. Don’t think that a slide into fascism is inevitable, guys. It isn’t.

(Stupid blather follows)

Only white supremacists would decide to hold a hate parade and carry around tiki torches instead of actual torches. Might as well be holding up scented fucking candles, ya dumbshits. Only white people could mix being utterly terrifying with that sort of incandescent lameness.

DanHolme
DanHolme

This reminds me of an EDL demo in Nottingham in 2009, where, behind the policeman I was talking to who INSISTED that the EDL were not Nazis, the EDL supporters in Wetherspoons were giving Nazi salutes.

Later on they had a pathetic riot outside Nottingham Castle, where they nicked a lot of coppers’ helmets and played ‘catch’ with them. One of the few times the police have come round to my side of the argument by the end of the afternoon!

Robin Hood was sneering at them, or at least his statue was.

(Our counter-demo was considerably bigger than the EDL’s actual one, so we had an easy and non-violent day; but I have the greatest respect for those people in the ‘VA Students’ photograph. That takes some guts indeed.)

Gipsz Jakab
Gipsz Jakab

@Malitia:

*snrk* Now I’m imagining that in some ridiculously thick Irish or Scottish accent.

“Fuck ya, mate, up yers.”

brian
brian

gawwwd, dad, it’s a “Roman Salute” okay!? no one calls it a “sieg heil” anymore! you’re embarrassing me in front of my friends!

NEE NAW IT’S THE PC POLICE
NEE NAW IT’S THE PC POLICE

They probably brought the citronella because they thought a mosquito was where tiny Muslims worshipped.

Sinister Pigeon
Sinister Pigeon

Trump made a tweet about it.

We ALL must be united & condemn all that hate stands for. There is no place for this kind of violence in America. Lets come together as one!

Of course he never calls them Nazi’s. Alt-Righters. Racist, KKK, White Supremacist or any of the other unflattering names that literally describe them. I thought you couldn’t beat an enemy if you were too cowardly to say their name? Say their name donny, or are you too afraid of sanctioning your biggest fans?

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Yeah, well Governor McAuliffe just declared a State of Emergency because of those fucking assholes in Charlottsville.

But do keep fucking whining because of the EssJayDubyewwwwwwws.

And this, this is what people thinks the awful, awful left should be tolerant of these views, and be conciliatory and respectful of? Are you fucking even kidding me?

I am so pissed right now.

Alan Robertshaw

This is my fifth attempt at drafting something that doesn’t fall foul of the comments policy. So apologies if it’s even less coherent than usual.

I note from reports that the ‘Kekistan’ flag featured prominently as well as the more traditional Nazi symbology. I know I’m preaching to the converted here, but when will people wake up to the fact that they’re not just edgy kids engaging in a bit of ‘shitlord’ trolling or satire; they’re actual honest to god Nazis?

Many of them may well be keyboard warriors, but even as ‘useful idiots’ they’re enabling all this.

Take this kid for instance:

comment image

It’s easy to scoff. But note the kippah. Now I had considered the possibility this was some actual Jewish kid engaging in some Mel Brooks style mockery of the alt-right. I’m informed by Jewish friends however that it’s one of the free ones you get given at Bar Mitzvahs and the like. So this seems to be a deliberate piece of blatant and provocative anti semitism.

What does it say about contemporary society that he feels perfectly safe doing that?

Sorry, bit ranty. But had it not been for the protesters blocking access to that church we’d have been back in Mississippi Burning territory. Never mind declaring a state emergency, why isn’t this a national emergency?

Well, I guess we all know the reasons for that.

Otrame
Otrame

It seems to me that if any of them were actually worth anything, could actually do anything useful they would be off doing it. Racism is the refuge of people who realize they aren’t worth shit.

Well… I suppose we can be grateful for all the carbon they’re sequestering.

It looks like even old grandmas may need to hit the streets if this continues. We can’t let these assholes take over. Having them around within the rule of law is bad enough, but you know they won’t stay there.

Valentine
Valentine

Thats not kippah it is yarmulke.

Amnesia
Amnesia

I’m within reasonable driving distance from Charlottesville. If I’d realized sooner I might’ve saved some spoons and headed out there to counterprotest. I haven’t been able to protest outside of Facebook this past year due to life, alas.

Maybe seeing the Confederate flag and Nazi symbolism so prominently together and the realization that they attacked clergy might wake up a few people, but I’m not holding my breath.

@ valentine

Thats not kippah it is yarmulke.

Same thing apparently. I wondered what the difference was, but turns out it’s just yarmulke is Hebrew and kippah is Yiddish.

tim gueguen

Sorry, “alt-right,” but your product might as well be called “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Nazis.”

Valentine
Valentine

Alan, actually I didn’t know what is kippah. I only call it yarmulke before. On yiddish i thought it is yarmolke.

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer

@tim gueguen

I’m going to totally steal that

@ valentine

Well the person who told me that also told me it was free parking in Falmouth on Sundays (the infamous “80 quid burger” incident) so maybe I should take with a pinch of salt. 🙂

Wikipedia suggests that the terms are interchangeable in Hebrew and it’s kippah in Yiddish.

dreemr
dreemr

I am sobbing today like I did during 9/11.

Furiosa
Furiosa

State of emergency has been declared and ‘several pedestrians were struck Saturday in a three-vehicle crash’ because a car drove into the sidewalk where the protesters were.
Really not seeing the comedic side of the fact that nazis were carrying citronella torches last night. They could be dressed up as clowns and it wouldn’t make them any less scary to me.
(insert requisite joke about how nazi clowns are scarier than regular nazis because clowns are spooky, am I right?)
(edited to change the wording slightly)

Valentine
Valentine

Yiddish use hebrew/german/slavic words. Kippah sounds like german, so maybe this is why they say like that on yiddish, but also say sometimes hebrew way. I only know ‘kush mien tukhus’ on yiddish –
means kiss my ass))))

Alan Robertshaw

Barack Obama speaks Yiddish apparently.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

And now we’re getting reports of three vehicles driving into a crowd of counter protesters. :/

Warnings for disturbing content:
Vehicle runs over counter-protesters at Charlottesville white nationalist rally

This is beyond comment:

One of the speakers, Richard Spencer, an “alt-right” activist, said he had been maced on the way into the park and lashed out at police and city authorities. “Never in my life have I felt like the government was cracking down on me until today,” said Spencer, who was flush faced. “We came in peace and we were effectively thrown to the wolves.”

He said that “militarized police”, whom he compared to “stormtroopers”, “did not protect us, they funneled us towards the antifa … I am a citizen of the USA,” he continued. “I have rights under our constitution.”

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

One person has died because of that vehicle attack.

Per CBS:

Jason Kessler, the organizer behind the “Unite the Right” rally, told Erickson he plans to sue the city for violating a court order permitting the rally to be held in the park.

Fuck you, Kessler, you fucking POS. Fuck you.

dreemr
dreemr

And our “fearless” Tweeter-in Chief goes on national television to speak out against vague violence and bigotry “ON BOTH SIDES”.

I can’t say what I’d like to, due to comments policy. I’m sure you can all imagine.

Alan Robertshaw

Weirdly, it’s the 40th anniversary of this.

Valentine
Valentine

So i said that this jokes are not funny. Jokes that this nazis are serious – well now we see they serious. In my country, nazis paid by russian government to attack maidan protesters. But in US people just saying nazis are a funny joke. On mammoth people see that it is serious, but outside I don’t see that americans really think this, so nazi rally grow and grow and now people actually dead already.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

So, yeah, those counter-protesters ?

They’re the shit.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Oh, but that fucking coward Trump can’t condemn those white nationalists. Cannot piss off his fucking voter base, don’tcha know.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Fuck your economic anxiety

EJ (Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)
EJ (Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

@Axe:
One day, the term “economic anxiety” is going to be taught to schoolkids as an example of a euphemism.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

AP reports driver is in custody.

1 dead, 19 injured.

Fucking asshole.

TreePerson
TreePerson

And after this I am seriously considering getting a firearm since the fascists are starting to make good on there threats and the government is in no hurry to stop them.

George Hale
George Hale

‘this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides,’

but murder on only one side so far

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@EJ
Our Peculiar Institution => States’ Rights => Agitators => Seperate but Equal => Law and Order => Economic Anxiety

The euphemisms of anti blackness are a revolving door…

Alan Robertshaw

Only one danger could have jeopardised this development…if they had from the first day annihilated with the utmost brutality the nucleus of our new movement.

“Die Reden Hitlers am Reichsparteitag 1933″

dslucia
dslucia

Predictably, mangry gamerbros are also crying about “BUT BOTH SIDES” and making excuses for the violent neo-Nazis marching and actively attacking counter-protesters, saying that the only reason the Nazis are Nazis is because “the left” has pushed them to it.

But hey, racism is totally not a thing in America anymore, and everyone has equality, and Trump definitely didn’t embolden the worst parts of the country and inspire countless waves of hate crimes.

dreemr
dreemr

@TreePerson – I’ve said it before, my first thought the night of November 8th was “well, I guess I’m glad for the 2nd Amendment now.”

I live in a “Constitutional Carry” state, which basically means you can carry a concealed firearm without any training at all. I hate guns. But I’m considering it, since I really don’t know if these deplorables are going to stop short of actually starting a Civil War.

Also? Earlier this year my state tried to pass a law excusing motorists of consequences if they ran over protesters. So, excusing this kind of crime. Yet many of my (white) neighbors couldn’t comprehend why this was a bad idea. They WANT to run over BLM & NoDAPL protesters and think they deserve to die for blocking the road.

Roberta Loblaw
Roberta Loblaw

Welp, there’s a fatality. Someone rammed their truck into the counter-protesters. So, murder makes those tiki torches a lot less funny.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

I indeed can’t laugh.

TreePerson
TreePerson

@dreemr
I’m betting they would drive through a pride event too.

Currently looking at tactical shotguns since they would be best for home defense and offensive field use if the civil war actually happens.

All kinds of shells with all kinds of applications as well.

Sinister Pigeon
Sinister Pigeon

You have no idea how many people I have seen trying to defend this fucking brutality with “Yeah but BLM!” I feel tired and exhausted of all this shit. Wonder if I can circumvent my mistrust of guns by learning how to use a melee weapon.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

This is one of the most disturbing things I’ve read in a long time. It now proves beyond a doubt that Nazis are a serious threat. They are willing to murder those who disagree with them! And yet I guarantee that by next week they’ll be whining on Twitter that their freeze peaches are being stepped on because they got called racist for attending a march that was literally created to intimidate and threaten POC.

Assholes hypocritical myopic pieces of shit. Fuck their feelings. Fuck their rights.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Fuck your economic anxiety

Not the most original or interesting post from me, but I’m too pissed off to say anything that isn’t a comment policy violation.

I’ll say this though. If anyone thinks the police and military would throw some kind of coup or refuse to follow orders if the Trump administration really did try to do something like cancelling the elections and ordering martial law on an indefinite basis or decided to hit N Korea with a nuclear strike, think the fuck again.

They will be on the side of fascism rather than democracy. Because SJWs are meeeaaaan.

1 2 3 4