misogyny music racism trump vaginas YouTube

Mix: Music Donald Trump Would Hate feat. Nancy Sinatra, Pussy Riot, Kendrick Lamar

The Donald is not amused

By David Futrelle

It’s been a long week. So today let’s forego the usual dissection of misogynistic asswipes and instead rock out to a little music video mix that Donald Trump would almost certainly hate.

Nancy Sinatra: These Boots Are Made for Walking

Let’s start with a song that Trump no doubt knows and probably even used to like, because who doesn’t like “Boots?” But I doubt he’s listened to this one for a while because it turns out that Nancy Sinatra effin HATES Trump, and tells him so every chance she gets. Seriously, check out her Twitter.

Pussy Riot — Straight Outta Vagina

Putin’s least favorite band. While Pussy Riot’s Make America Great Again (released last October) is the agit-prop band’s most direct critique of you-know-who, the video for the song — featuring a nightmare vision of America under Trump, and containing numerous depictions of abusive violence against women — is a bit hard to watch now. So let’s go with this one instead; it’s one that could give Trump himself nightmares. Also check out Pussy Riot on Twitter.

YG & Nipsey Hussle — FDT (Fuck Donald Trump)

This one is sort of self-explanatory.

A Tribe Called Quest – We The People

A rallying cry for those left out of Trump’s America.

And in case anyone missed the point of that song, here’s A Tribe Called Quest and Busta Rhymes calling out “Agent Orange” at the Grammys.

Kendrick Lamar – Alright

Kendrick Lamar doesn’t like talking about DT directly — he finds that it drains his energy — but his 2015 anthem “Alright” is an effective rebuke of all that Trump and his supporters stand for.

Katy Perry — Chained to the Rhythm

It’s kind of a testament to Trump’s terribleness that he’s even turned Katy Perry political. This video might also leave you craving some really tiny burgers.

Tim Heidecker – Trump Talkin’ Nukes

The weirdo comedian gets sensitive for this song, which turns out to be really really relevant this week.

Sly & The Family Stone — Everyday People

A classic.

French Army band — Daft Punk medley

During Trump’s recent visit to France, he was treated to a medley of Daft Punk songs from a marching band. He clearly did not appreciate it. Just watch.

Hope you enjoyed the mix!

Post any other songs you think Trump would hate in the comments below!

I’ll put together a Spotify playlist when I get a chance.

H/T — I got some of the ideas for this mix from The Atlantic’s What Protest Songs Sound Like in the Trump Era

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle
Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Just for the chorus really. I’m sure someone could do alternative lyrics to make it into a protest song.

JS
JS

That French marching band… That “King Is Not Amused” face that Trump used. It’s like he wasn’t expecting a marching band, or something. “When does this end? Isn’t there a parade of all the cool missiles and tanks and armed infantry and stuff?”

Makroth - wild west firecracker window-smashing soap-averse unionized cowboy Jacobin from Hell

Fabe
Fabe

@JS

Maybe they should have done a cover of the theme from ‘The Apprentice’. That’s probably about the only thing he would respond to positively.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

Nazi Punks Fuck Off – Dead Kennedys

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

On the bright side, this era may well surpass the VietNam era for really good protest music.

Amnesia
Amnesia

It should not be possible to look that constipated watching a marching band cover a Pentatonix Daft Punk medley. The side effects of completely selling your soul to capitalism and Republicans are so tragic.

Emmanuel Macron, on the other hand, appears to be enjoying himself. Semblance of a soul confirmed.

JS
JS

Still Fiqah
Still Fiqah

The Coup – possibly the best novelty hip-hop group in the history of ever – did a song entitled “BabyLet’sHaveABabyBeforeBushDoSomethingCrazy” under Dubya. It applies more to Trump than Bush so I’m hoping for the 2017 Trump remix! Anyway.

Valentine
Valentine

Fishy i love dead Kennedys! When i was 17 me and my friend recorded ‘kill the poor’ but we had only acoustic guitar and one xylophone.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

One of the songs I listen to if I need cheering up.

zaunfink
zaunfink

I would have lost it at the marching band. That’s awesome! I like marching bands anyway, but this is really good!

What a sad little orange man, unable to enjoy life.

Footprints on the ceiling
Footprints on the ceiling

45 probably isn’t angry or displeased as much as confused. That’s his default face when he isn’t sure how to react to something. I’ve seen similar expressions on elderly relatives in early dementia.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

@zaunfink – your comment made me think of this:

JS
JS

Misirlou is one of my favorite “high-tempo” tracks. Try putting that into one of those “create a station based on ___” things like pandora. Lots of speed tempo.

Anyone else got good “fast” tracks?

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Tom Lehrer

This one’s more relevant than any of the others. (I wonder if Trump even understands this sort of stuff.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Here’s one from my anti-Trump playlist:

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Marcron’s face was positively delighted!

I lost it with “Get Lucky”.

Banananana dakry
Banananana dakry

Pretty much anything by Rage Against The Machine, especially “Killing In The Name Of”. I’m not a huge listener, but I know my cousin has a decent collection of, and I’ve resorted to some of their stuff to vent my bottled rage about this whole shitshow as doubtless my cousin has. Not just the Shrieking Yam, but the entire pervasive establishment that has aided and abetted him and his ideals up to this point.

May all their joys and desires turn to ashes in their mouths, and may we not be ashes because of them.

Vucodlak
Vucodlak

I’ve been listening to my “World’s end” playlist more than my “Resistance” playlist this week, but here’s a great song that’s on both:

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

Mean Talking Blues

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Valentine:

That never stopped Weird Al. 😉

1979 version of My Bologna

Valentine
Valentine

I don’t have you tube to watch that ((( but in one week i will!

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Valentine Soooooon….. 🙂

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

So my ex sent me a message via facebook because it’s been a while and she wants news or something.

Yes, the one who turned alt-right.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

OMG, I love Weird Al! If I were a musical artist, I would feel I finally arrived if I heard Weird Al wanted to parody one of my songs.

Sinkable John, news about what?

Jesalin
Jesalin

Ditto!!

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

mobiusclimber
mobiusclimber

More coup, five million ways to kill a ceo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQthFDpYCys

David Bowie, It’s No Game Part 1 & 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO86RTrqUAY

L7, Pretend We’re Dead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKLETNBTGx8

Consolidate, Worthy Victim (if you haven’t heard it and you like this track, check out their album “Business of Punishment”): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssBq3SuJ9K4

DJ Shadow & Run The Jewels, Nobody Speak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Kokane, They Tryna Kill Us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMKHcC9F9tk

And … I just wanted to post this song, really (it’s become my anthem lately): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK_WfF6hf2E

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Uh, sorry about that OT above. Didn’t mean to make it sound quite like that, I was kinda distressed and just dropped that on the floor and walked away.

@PeeVee

Of how I’m doing, apparently.

Ugh. So, I welcomed her with an update on just how much patience I have left for the alt-reich, just to make things clear. She said she doesn’t listen to them anymore. Also said she’s “annoyed” by them now, which certainly annoyed me to no end.

But, well. Turns out I still can’t not give her the preferential treatment I always gave her back when we were dating. She used to be your basic garden variety bible-thumped kid, while also bisexual and dating, well… me. I managed to get her to grow out of it eventually.

Now she’s got this “both sides” thing going on and I don’t know how to deal with it. I mean, normally I’d treat her like any other troll, but it’s her and it feels like I need her to grow up again.

When I thought she’d gone alt-reich it was easy not to miss her. Now that I know it’s not the case and have a clear view of her misconceptions on this whole situation, I can’t stop myself from trying to help her.

Can’t believe i forgot about this one.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Sinkable John, you have a generous nature. And of course we relate strongly to people who are or have been close to us in the past. Just … take care of yourself, look out for your own mental/emotional/physical health, yeah?
::gives SJ a well-meaning but deeply, deeply awkward allez-mon-pote-style thump to shoulder (while vainly attempting to feign non-awkwardness) if acceptable::

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@opposablethumbs

I uh dunno about generous but I guess the part about relating is dead right. No worries tho, I’m staying on top of my own health first and foremost.

She did drop the “both sides” shtick pretty quickly too. It’s like a super fast rehearsal of our relationship, just long after the fact. Just wish it had stuck the first time around.

occasional reader
occasional reader

> JS

Anyone else got good “fast” tracks?

If you got the Misirlou from Dick Dale, i suggest the “Hava nagila” version of the same performer. Guitar players or band who make cover from these songs often played the both in a row. (The original Hava nagila is not that fast). To note, the band Party Animals also made a version of it, and if i am not wrong it was used as team song for a Netherlands soccer team (Ajax, maybe ?).