alt-lite alt-right doggoes kitties men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA trump twitter

World contemplates Armageddon, Trump goes golfing: Today in Tweets

The Golf Course of Trumpy Delights by Hieronymus Bosch

By David Futrelle

Good news everyone! A day after scaring the shit out of everyone in the world, particularly those living on the Korean peninsula or in Guam, our dear illegitimate president managed to work a game of golf into his otherwise busy empty schedule.

That story leads our Twitter roundup today. There are also some cute animals, but they come later.

Trump also found time today to post a “video” of the song “God Bless the USA” that was basically nothing more than a series of pictures of … himself.

I wonder if this is what the “good news about Trump” packets he reportedly gets delivered to him twice a day look like.

Trump may have been able to move on from the whole North Korea/possible nuclear Armageddon thing but not everyone else has.  Luckily this alt-right icon shithead has a solution!

In other news:

Monster-Teeth
Monster-Teeth

Jesus Christ, I fucking hate my country so much.

I’d say a lot more of what I wish on Trump, his enablers, & every rat who voted for him– but it would violate this site’s milquetoast TOS.

Fuck humanity.

SinisterPigeon: Sombrero Golem
SinisterPigeon: Sombrero Golem

Well somebody at Walmart is being hauled into the Merchandising office with questions…. so many questions.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

It’s funny ’cause we’re all gonna die.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

It’s the end of the world as we know it

I don’t feel fine

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

What the fuck, Walmart?!?

Also, I saw that trampoline gif earlier, and I envy it.

K.
K.

I NEED THAT LYNX IN MY LIFE~!!!!!

*hedsplort*

kupo
kupo

Too soon, Walmart. Forever too soon.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

That Trump chicken would make a much better POTUS. It only needs to be pumped up once a day.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

I think these people might be a little too much into post-apocalyptical scenarios. Soon enough they’re going to find out survival isn’t a game.

Valentine
Valentine

I broke my phone so i didn’t go on twitter for some time – looks like i didn’t miss anything.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

A motivating instinct of mine is to tear their language apart and find ways of rendering it harmless. There are social tools.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

*Snerk*

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

I actually broke down crying in bed last night imagining that my family (who all live on the west coast) might very well die from being hit with a fucking nuke, if not having to deal with the fallout.

And some people are crowing for this to happen, under the impression that they’re “liberals” because they live in California, and thus must have voted for Hillary and deserve it for some fucked-up reason.

Joke’s on them, most of my family’s republican and was stupid enough to vote for the Golfing Cheeto.

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

Monster-teeth- “fuck humanity”

Most of humanity did not vote for Trump. Why should the rest of the world pay for America’s mistakes? And besides, it looks like humanity is ‘fucked’ anyway.

Sorry. I’m just so sick of misanthropy on the internet (and misanthropy in general). It’s everywhere! I thought WHTM would be one of the few sites that is free of it.

Makroth - wild west firecracker window-smashing soap-averse unionized cowboy Jacobin from Hell

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

So, along with the usual back-to-school supplies like binders, pens, and notebook paper, I can’t forget a rifle or two? Good God.

This is minor, but it’s sad to see those Legos. I mean, above and beyond the Police State theme. There really isn’t much room for children to be creative with them. They fit together one way, and ONLY one way. Oh well, I suppose not everyone sees inventiveness, imagination, and creativity as good things.

epitome of incomprehensibility

The second time the lynx (in the original post) squeaks, it sounds like it’s saying “oh hi” 😀

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

Thanks for sharing those, Makroth! We all need the brain bleach. The baby lynx is so adorable and By the River is a beautiful song. 😀

Nequam
Nequam

I suppose the existential dismay over the nuke business is mostly downplayed for me because I’m still coming to grips with my dad dying Monday night. It was swift and sudden and… kind of a relief after the protracted illness he’d been dealing with. In a kind of cosmic irony, on Tuesday he was going to confirm end-of-life plans.

As for the LEGO sets these days, 1) I’m not so sure they’re actually being marketed to kids as opposed to adult collectors and 2) once companies like Mega Blox and such got in on doing successful copies of generic bricks, LEGO generally went to specialty– and IP-controllable– items.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Paradoxical Intention

So sorry for what you are going through right now. Accidental deaths are already tragic enough. Deaths caused by harmful policies enacted through malice and ignorance alone are unforgivable.

Kimstu
Kimstu

Yikes @Nequam, sorry to hear that; know what you mean about “kind of a relief” being able to coexist with “tragic upheaval”. All the best…

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Paradoxical Intention – Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

*Hugs

We’re in the same boat huh, we’ll survive this somehow.

dr. ej
dr. ej

I am far enough west at this point that I am legitimately concerned. I just moved here. I like it here. It makes me sick to think about the effect that a nuclear strike would have.

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

Lately I’ve been asking my dad about his time growing up in the world war. To help me deal with the new pissing match between two man children with penis envy. It’s kind of helping.

Also holy shit, that’s the most unfortunate wallmart display I’ve ever seen!

Who the hell set that up!?

Why not say, “Own the School year like Dylon Roof or those assholes from Columbine!”

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

I’m honestly not that worried about a nuclear strike on the West Coast (I’ve explained my reasoning elsewhere; FWIW I live here too). That said, a nuclear attack on NK is gonna fuck us pretty bad anyway, because we’re gonna catch a ton of fallout on the westerly winds.

Laugher at Bigots, Full Blown Future Heretical Frankist Whistleblower Neo-Hippie Resurgent

To rout grizzly bears, doncha know.

I also resent misanthropy.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Omg, that baby Lynx. Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kupo
kupo

So I did some research on the skyscraper I’ll be working from since earthquakes are a very real possibility (it’s reinforced masonry, so it should hold up), but now I’m worried about nukes.

Mea
Mea

I swear that lynx almost looks apologetic for it’s cute little meow.

Completely adorable.

Strawberry Wizard
Strawberry Wizard

To be fair though, those aren’t actually Lego sets. You can tell by how the minifigs legs are different and more importantly the logo being a different company.

skybison
skybison

I’m betting the wal mart thing is either a trick of perspective or some sort of freak accident. I’ve worked at a wal-mart where a poster with the store manager’s face was meant to be put up on the wall near the bathrooms but something got mixed up and they were put up inside the bathrooms so there was a giant picture of our boss staring at you while you peed.

JS
JS

Having worked in retail, I’ll tell you that some of those “photos of stupid retail displays” are set up by people (not necessarily employees) who want to post them on social media.

Some of them are just employees getting back at the corporation any way they can.

That’s not what’s normally on top of that gun case.

Tessa
Tessa

Strawberry Wizard

Also, it clearly says “Oxford town” on the box. So, a different brand.

And seconding that the Wal-mart thing was probably a customer grabbing one of the back to school promo signs and putting it above the gun case.

On another note, I would love to know the percentage of people who complain about “free rides” come from wealthy families and had a free ride their whole life.

kupo
kupo

I’ve noticed a mix of people like you mentioned and cishet white dudes from middle-class and below families who are upset that they didn’t get a completely free ride even though they feel entitled to one.

Jules
Jules

Darth Putin @DarthPutinKGB
If Trump really wants to destroy North Korea he should run it as one of his businesses.

Okay, I laughed. Also, “Darth Putin” is a funny name.

Dat lynx roar!

Fabe
Fabe

That is pretty much all lego now a days. Themed sets that are meant to go together one way like a standard model kit. When I was a kid they had sets that were more free form. Sure they came with instructions for building certain things and they still had themed sets but back then I think lego was still more of ‘build what you want’ type of toy

varalys the dark

My nephew would love those Lego-style sets. But he’s three years old today so at least has an excuse of not knowing any better. I hope they are still on sale when he’s a bit older because I’d buy them for him just to super annoy my sister.

This Handle is a Test
This Handle is a Test

The Economist has a big run down on the situation with North Korea. The most chilling thing about it was a rundown in how it could hypothetically happen due to a combination of unforeseen reactions which in turn lead to a chain reaction of escalations. The Economist put the hypothetical level of casualties for the US alone (not counting South or North Korea) at 300,000 (both military And civilians in country) with a humanitarian crisis at China’s border. This did not take into account any responses by China. This also didn’t take into account the effects of radioactive fallout on Korea, China, or Japan. Absolutely chilling and the issue is well worth picking up for both the news and the hypothetical.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Fabe
I recall having transitional sets where they came with instructions for making 2-4 different things with the set, that was designed tp male only those.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

My Legos were just varying rectangles in primary and neutral colors. I also had an onion on my belt.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@Fabe : you’re wrong on lego set ; the new sets aren’t any less free form than before.

@Dalillama : they still exist. The only discutable part is whether they are designed to male only, but I guess it’s a possible interpretation.

(I said that as an actual lego collector. The funny thing being that thoses concern have like, more than twenty year)

ChimericMind
ChimericMind

I liked both the freeform “bucket o’ bricks” and the “follow-the-instructions” models. Was going to point out before I saw Strawberry Wizard’s post that yeah, those aren’t an official set, though they look like they’d be compatible with standard Legos. They’re intimidating, but not nearly as bad as if the real Lego company was producing them (given that one wouldn’t expect police state cheerleading from a Denmark company).

Gipsz Jakab
Gipsz Jakab

Yeah, as a Lego enthusiast, I have to echo Strawberry Wizard and Ohlmann:

First, those are knockoffs, not official Lego sets.

Second, Lego produces a variety of different sets, ranging from freeform like the Creator line, to themed/licensed sets that are geared towards one primary model. But there’s still nothing stopping you from using their pieces to build something else. There’s the occasional big, heavily specialized piece that can’t really be used for anything else (some airplane cockpit pieces come to mind, for example), but the vast majority are quite versatile.

Oh, and a minor nitpick: the plural of ‘Lego’ is still ‘Lego’. Or “Lego bricks”/”Lego sets” if we want to get really pedantic, but just ‘Lego’ works fine.

Ellesar
Ellesar

Whatever Clinton would have done she would not have done this. Unlike Trump she is actually a politician and knows better. Not saying she is perfect, but this is SO far from OK.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

(as an aside, and while there is plenty of criticable part of it, I *love* their current line of elf, because they are full of badass girl exploring a fantasy universe, and aren’t any less impressive than the “designed for men” set. I do hope they will stop doing blatantly gendered adventure line, but I find them high quality enough to get over that)

bluecat
bluecat

“Own the school year like a …” WHAT???

The hero = the person with the biggest gun.

Isn’t that the attitude which has got us into this mess in the first place?

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Walmart apologized and said it was a true thing BTW :

That do seem particulary bone headed even from walmart.

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

@ wwth;

Yeah, when I was a kid, legos came in a big box… or maybe a can, I’m conflating “Legos” and “Lincoln Logs” and “Tinkertoys” in my mind…. Anyways, if you wanted a “theme”, you made one up.

As for the onion…?

“… hang green onions ’round your neck, keep th’ vampires away, precious thing!!”
Wolfman Jack, American Graffiti, 1973-ish

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

DanHolme
DanHolme

Haven’t commented for a while ‘cos I’ve not been near the internet (I was in Norfolk…) but I thought I’d share the following ‘cos it’s how I feel:

In Nottingham, there is a pub called the Raglan Road Irish Bar. There are at least 2 good reasons for going in – one, it has some nice caves that have only recently been opened for drinking purposes, and two, its urinal:

If a nuclear conflict does kick off, it won’t be just a tragedy for the peoples of the Koreas, Guam, or the USA – the environmental, economic and social effects will be global and irrevocable. In fact it won’t be a tragedy at all, because that implies it will have happened accidentally, like an earthquake – it will be one of the most despicable acts of avoidable, unnecessary political murder ever to have been perpetrated.

So I think I’ll go piss on his photo again, next time I’m in Nottingham. It’s the very least I can do.

@Nequam

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

JS
JS

Walmart acknowledged it happened, and removed the sign. They haven’t confirmed that it was “standard merchandising” (pretty damn unlikely), “some idiot customer at the store” (probably), or “an employee who is getting written up as we type” (maybe).

Saying “it was a true thing” is not a good summary of their response.