have you no humanity homophobia misogyny racism reddit transphobia trump

Make Pyongyang Glass Again: On Reddit, Trump superfans cheer for a nuclear strike on N. Korea

An angry man with his finger on the nuclear trigger: What could possibly go wrong?

By David Futrelle

Donald Trump took a few minutes out from his golf vacation today to threaten North Korea with the “fire and fury” of a massive, possibly nuclear, military strike. “They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before,” a stern-voiced Trump, his arms uncharacteristically crossed, told reporters at his Bedminster golf club.

On Reddit’s TheDonald — the popular subreddit, with nearly half a million subscribers, that is home to the site’s most fervent Trump superfans — the regulars are itching for Trump to pull the trigger.

lagspike 21 points 4 hours ago  Make Pyongyang glass again!

FocusedNoiseNY 13 points 4 hours ago  North Korea may become our next weapons testing site... I'm not mad.

late49er 4 points 4 hours ago  Somehow I feel like slim pickens in dr. strangelove and it feels good.

MurlogDong 3 points 3 hours ago  Good ol president about to turn northkorea into no Korea.

Some are using the occasion as an excuse to make jokes that are awful in every sense of the word:

JW_1213 214 points 5 hours ago  also if this doesn't go down in history as the Pyongyang gang bang I'll be very disappointed permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply [–]Hatefullynch1776 20 points 4 hours ago  Now I'm going to be too Son of a bitchavaraguard 4 points 3 hours ago  let the north koreans destroy google hq first

Others are happily talking about the effect the president’s apocalyptic rhetoric allegedly had on their penises.

anticusIIKY[🍰] 3 points 2 hours ago  Well I'm fully erect

PolarDonkey 4 points 4 hours ago  PLEASE STOP A MAN CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT

More than a few were happy to write off North Korea’s entire population, greeting the prospect of the literal genocide of the North Korean people with a shrug.

BreakfastGolemDTOM 2 points 3 hours ago  I'd be okay with just turning the whole country to dust. Omelettes, eggs, yada yada

Triggering_CucksRUS 17 points 5 hours ago  Every single person in North Korea has to be in the military. So technically we wouldn't even have to worry about civilian casualties.

For many TheDonald regulars, the possible annihilation of millions matters far less than the prospect of “triggering” their ideological foes.

johnbillaby 272 points 5 hours ago  Oh man, the vaginas are going to be very upset by this permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply [–]BarackHusseinBobama1776 194 points 5 hours ago  Complaining from wherever

noah1831RUS 7 points 2 hours ago  Can you imagine the triggering that would happen if he used twitter to declare war?

There’s the requisite anti-Asian racism:

GunsAreForFun1776 69 points 5 hours ago  Kim's autistic screeching was just heard 'round the world RRREEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply [–]JPO398CT 5 points 4 hours ago  LLLEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeee FTFY permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply [–]Peacocking74 3 points 4 hours ago  Lmao permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply [–]REDBEARD4-19-1775TX 1 point 4 hours ago  HO REE FUK!

And an assortment of other bigotries, because why not use the possibility of nuclear war with North Korea as an opportunity to make jokes about Muslim rapists and “tr*nnies” and a former president many deplorables have decided was secretly gay in addition to being Kenyan.

TrumpOnATricycle 6 points 3 hours ago  North Korea is like a white English girl in modern London: FUCKED

Retspihi 30 points 5 hours ago  Can we draft the libcucks and trannies who wanted military enlistment rights so bad?

emanresumy 34 points 5 hours ago  North Korea is missing the relationship they had with Bath House Barry right now.

MagnusTBorovitzISR 7 points 4 hours ago  Kinda nice not to have a simpering Kenyan kissing Fat Kim Un's ass on television anymore. You know, like the US is actually a superpower or something.

Only a few commenters struck a note of caution.

PM_ME_BUTT_STUFFINGPA[🍰] 13 points 5 hours ago  If something does happen to "happen" will our stock market take a hit like 9/11? Or will it be unaffected since pretty much everyone is after NK? permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply [–]BreadcrumbBernard 32 points 5 hours ago  Depends on what happens. If they land a hit on a major city like Seoul or somewhere in Japan, then every stock market will probably take a hit permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply [–]NIMBLE_NAV_FANMAGA 21 points 5 hours ago  Japan has third largest economy in the world in terms of GDP. Shit would get real!

Finally, someone they can show a little sympathy to — themselves!

Just a reminder, when then-candidate Trump did an “Ask Me Anything” appearance on Reddit, he didn’t do it in the subreddit where AMA’s traditionally have taken place. He did it in TheDonald. The subreddit’s 470,926 subscribers aren’t fringe characters in Trump World; they are his base.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

If I wanted to go back to the 1980s and worry about nuclear war, I’d’ve invented a time machine. Or set out TARDIS bait.

Tov01
Tov01

They would. Fucking idiots.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

It’s such an amazingly brilliant genius move to play chicken with a paranoid regime like North Korea. They might actually take Trump’s normal blithering bluster seriously, and then, yes, shit will get real. Seoul (9.86 million) is quite close to North Korea and the most likely target if we attack.

What an aynus.

But Hillary had flaws. And baggage. EMails! Benghazi! And don’t forget pizzagate!

Lucrece
Lucrece

@Victorious Parasol

What kind of bait does one use for a TARDIS? Can one use a specific type to get a particular TARDIS to appear?

Asking for a friend.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@Lucrece

I was thinking of setting out fish fingers and custard.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Even the threat of nuclear annihilation cannot stop articles of Trump Russia and his clear inability to understand the opioid crisis getting printed.

@Sailor LeadDragonite, a future whistleblower
Trump’s plan on the Opiod crisis is literally saying “no, stop, that’s bad, stop doing drugs, right now.” Of course this administration has no idea of anything other than malice and self interest.

Sailor LeadDragonite, a future whistleblower
Sailor LeadDragonite, a future whistleblower

It’s 3:44am were I am and I’m mainlining coffee because it gives me less anxiety.

Also, I’m entirely unsurprised that they have no idea what particle distribution is. Even if the nukes score a direct hit on NK, the nuclear fallout is not going to stay in NK. The radioactive particles are going to travel around. And when they do, one of the places that’s going to get hit (and probably hit pretty bad at that) is China.

And I don’t think China will like that.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

“If they hit Seoul”…don’t they even care that Seoul is South Korea?

Oh, wait. Of course not. Because they have erections, and that precludes them from thinking at all.

What a bunch of fucking reprobates. But it was Clinton that was going to lead us into WWIII.

Yeah.

Assholes.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Yeah, all the people cheering for nuclear conflict with N Korea should understand that China might oppose us and that would mean WWIII.

This song is more relevant than ever

Sort of related, my dad refuses to acknowledge the possibility of war. He seriously thinks that if Trump orders a military strike on North Korea that the generals will refuse the orders. I think that’s just so naive.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

When in the history of the US would a general ever disobey? He should be old enough to know if one ever had disobeyed POTUS.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

WWTH, that song. That song.

*Involuntary shivers*

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Just seen on Twitter:

“I would go to bed tonight feeling much more secure if Trump had a major hotel in Seoul.”
@MrWalterShapiro

Fabe
Fabe

If it does come down to all out war I wounder if these guys will change their tune once the first few long range missiles hit America or if they’ll be too buyt trying to make twitter post about liberals dying in the attacks before the blast wave hits them as well ?

Sinister Pigeon: Sombrero Golem
Sinister Pigeon: Sombrero Golem

I would love to think they would refuse, but honestly I am not so sure. Because what the world needs right now is two grown man-babies flinging world altering weaponry at each other. Even beyond the lives that are lost, the fact that world altering nuclear winter is possible just with our arsenal alone? But of course they will be happy because they get to feel real big and tough again. Who watches Dr Strange-love and decides that it’s a best case scenario?

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

I have been guilty of a serious ambiguity. I meant to say that if we attack North Korea, North Korea might send a nuclear missile at Seoul, because it would be much easier to hit than any populated area in the US at their present level of technology. I don’t think nuking the Aleutians would be a very effective response.

Ah, nuclear winter — the cure for global warming. (PLEASE DON’T SUGGEST THIS TO TRUMP!)

Banananananana dakry: short-haired, fat and deranged
Banananananana dakry: short-haired, fat and deranged

God.

They don’t get it. They just don’t get it, do they?

The United States on both sides didn’t get it going into the Civil War either. They thought it was going to be a grand adventure and a party. Four years and thousands of bloating bodies on the fields of Antietam, Gettysburg, and Bull Run cured us of that thought, at least for a little while.

These dumbshits have never seen war. They’ve never been in war. And they think everybody else is going to pay the price except themselves and they’ll miraculously avoid it. Not with nuclear weapons on the table involved they aren’t. I’m sure our descendants will be so proud of them. If we have any.

They just don’t fucking get it.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

I just… I can’t… All those people in North Korea! And South Korean, and China, and…

We truly are in the darkest timeline.

Nequam
Nequam

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

We didn’t crawl out of the primordial ooze and create cathedrals and sonnets just so we could be vaporized by a circus peanut.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Oh, circus peanuts. One of the very few candies I will not eat.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Banananananana dakry

Sherman had a pretty good grasp of it. These fuckers should listen to him.

“You cannot qualify war in harsher terms than I will. War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

But Hillary had flaws.

Sometimes I feel like I’ve overstayed my visa on this planet.

Dreamer
Dreamer

I read Hiroshima when I was 12 – an eyewitness account by a missionary living there. Nukes are never the answer.

tim gueguen

Apparently none of these people have relatives serving in the US military stationed in South Korea, Japan, or US territories in the region like Guam. Or civilian relatives living in those places. Or they’re too damn clueless to realise a bunch of those people will get killed if war breaks out, because North Korea can probably destroy much of Seoul with conventional artillery before the US and South Korean militaries wipe those forces out.

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

At this point, I believe that Trump deserves to die.

Go ahead and delete this, David

Haise, the husky puppy
Haise, the husky puppy

NK has committed heinous crimes against humanity, yes. That needs to be addressed. Full stop. But that’s not what these guys are after or what they’re discussing. They’re all about getting boners over the idea of actual war and the potential loss of life of innocent civilians from it. And any one else who opposes this is “triggered” Empathy is outlawed I guess…

I..I’m.. ready to just live out my life in the ISS or something. Away from earth.

Lurker
Lurker

There is some credence to generals being able to say no were Trump to demand a nuke…as a first strike. The US military has (all but?) codified itself as an entity that does NOT use nukes preemptively. I’m told by a nuke that, at the very least, there would be a significant delay between the order and the firing of the missile in such a scenario.

But in a case where North Korea has already nuked Guam, all bets are off. There might be some arguments for him to consider conventional strategies, but they wouldn’t last nearly as long against what the President wants to do.

Related, this is definitely a good reason to support the efforts of some Senators to establish the US as a non-first strike nation in law. It would give the military and, in the worst case, Congress some extra teeth.

Tov01
Tov01

Trump can’t be impeached fast enough. Pence might be a terrible president, but at least he won’t cause WW3 by accident.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@WWTH

And a Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces who’s lost chief command of the armed forces is… good?

Peregrine
Peregrine

Before the election, I regrettably perused the comments on a video of Grace Helbig announcing her support for Clinton. Predictably, Trump fans came streaming in, and I distinctly remember several cries to the effect of “so you want a nuclear war with Russia then?!”

You can draw a couple conclusions about these guys taking into account both posts:
1. America kowtowing to another country is fine as long as that country supports Trump, because what even is democracy.(Also doesn’t hurt if said country is full of white people)
2. Nuclear war is fine if POC are the first victims, because not only are they too short-sighted to anticipate retaliation following an act of (world) war, but they’ve dropped all pretense of the “All Lives Matter” bullshit. Lliterally only white lives matter.

Fuuuuuuck these people are scary.

bluecat
bluecat

Nagasaki day, and I go online to find out whether we’re having a nuclear war or not.

This time of year used to be called “the silly season” because nothing important happened. Apart from both world wars breaking out.

Vanir85
Vanir85

These «people» (and I use the term loosely), along with alt-righters, /pol and other Trumplings, should be drafted to fight in any war the orange manchild starts.

He is *their* «god-emperor», after all.

Moggie
Moggie

That claim that “every single person in North Korea has to be in the military”? I’m no expert on the country, but, based on the books I’ve read, I don’t believe that’s true.

Perhaps the nuclear launch codes should be embedded on page two of a dense document, without pictures or bullet points. Trump would never get past half-way down page one before losing interest.

Gijoel
Gijoel

It’s alright, Trump has created a new company called Trump-Vault tech. He’s gonna make a bunch of fallout shelters. They’ll be great, fantastic, the best fallout shelters ever. Very classy.

Absolutely no chance of radiation leakage. None whatsoever.

Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew
Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew

They’re talking about literal nuclear war as if it’s a fucking video game. Despicable fucks.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

. .. …

My gut reaction is to ask myself why thoses bozos are allowed to vote. Even if it would be horrible to remove voting rights based on.

I feel bad for asians people ; I don’t think a nuclear winter would really help with global warming, but eh, if it would save the earth I would take it as a litteral miracle.

Pie
Pie

@Ohlmann

It won’t.

The problem is that it will cause, at best, temporary cooling, which will be used as an excuse to not change CO2 emissions. When that temporary cooling wears off, things will be much worse than they were before. For similar reasons, major volcanic eruptions (of the type that have caused climate disruption in the past) won’t fix things either.

Moreover, the problem with CO2 emissions is not merely in global warming. Ocean acidification due to increased CO2 uptake is extremely bad news for anything that has bones or an exoskeleton, and that covers an absolutely colossal number of species (many of which are the best way to clean up pollution in the sea that causes deep water anoxia which kills off almost everything else, etc etc).

bluecat
bluecat

Even if NK had in theory 100% conscription, you’d still have to exclude all those too young (from babies upwards), those too old, anyone excluded from the military by reason of disability, PRISONERS – (which, gathered from the testimony of escapees, includes not only people who have been accused of crimes of some sort but also their children born and grown up within the prison system, and quite probably by now their grandchildren), dissidents…

Plus you are more likely to have a situation where joining something military-ish is compulsory for everyone who can’t afford to become a pariah – as with the Hitler Youth by about 1944, the Baathist Party (no party card: no job) and many other instances.

But, hey, any excuse is going to be good enough for these… lovely people (as it was for Al-Qaeda, if memory serves: arguing that all US citizens are responsible for all its government’s actions, including ones who fiercely oppose them. It’s funny how extremes meet).

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Yes, I know it’s highly improbable that a nuclear winter will help anything. If by any amazing stretch of luck it happen to help, I would have trouble thinking there isn’t something behind it. It would be close to have a meteor striking a garage and randomly creating a functioning car out of the spare parts.

Related : http://www.cracked.com/article_24894_5-cracks-in-our-nuclear-policy-its-best-not-to-think-about.html

How exactly did mankind survived nuclear apocalypse for so long already ?

Pavlovs House
Pavlovs House

@Ooglyboggles

“When in the history of the US would a general ever disobey”

Charles Lee at Monmouth.

…though I don’t think it’s anywhere near the same thing. He wasn’t disobeying a presidential order (obviously we didn’t have the office of President of the United States yet), after all it was a tactical situation rather than something big-picture related; one attack in an eighteenth-century battle is hardly the same stakes as nuclear attack in the 20th or 21st century.

Anyway it’s one famous early case of a U.S. general disobeying orders.
But, yeah, quite different context and not good as a precedent for those who’d hope for someone disobeying Trump.

numerobis
numerobis

Nuclear war with China would certainly reduce the rate of global warming. The nuclear winter would be short-lived, but after killing a large fraction of the first world in China, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and the US — the world economy would be devastated and CO2 emissions would drop precipitously.

Bringing about the apocalypse that we’re worried global warming will cause isn’t perhaps the best way to mitigate global warming, is the only issue with this tactic.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

“Can you imagine the triggering that would happen if he used Twitter to declare a war?”

Yes, I can imagine there would be some head scratching at Pentagon on whether this was “real” enough and what exactly should be done.

Maybe in a few weeks Trump’s white house could come up with a proper strike order to save the president’s face.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Tss, i still can not see any video here. As someone posted “Russians” from Sting ? Arranged with something like “In North Korea and America, there’s a growing feeling of hysteria… Conditioned to rambling when he gets mad, all over Twitter spouts the Donald…” and so on…

Have a nice day.

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

Gijoel | August 9, 2017 at 4:14 am

Absolutely no chance of radiation leakage. None whatsoever.

Given Trump’s history of fucking over construction workers, I’d rather be experimented on.

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

How exactly did mankind survived nuclear apocalypse for so long already ?

Reagan wasn’t trump….

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

Never heard of circus peanuts, but they look a lot like a foamy candy from the UK, foam bananas and shrimps.

comment image

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

Here’s the good news… likely what will happen is (I hope), Kim will bluster again. Then trump will bluster back (I hope), because that’s what he does. trump doesn’t believe he needs to up the ante to action, because he believes the bluster is action. trump isn’t likely to do anything, because trump isn’t a “do”-er. (I hope)

Moggie
Moggie

Arctic Ape:

The Pentagon isn’t going to take action based on a tweet alone. What’s more concerning is how other governments (and markets) might react to war-mongering tweets.

Serious question: should world leaders be banned from tweeting? Trump used to post from a Samsung phone running a known-insecure version of Android. I think he ditched that for an iPhone. Regardless, it’s likely to have vulnerabilities known to state-level actors, plus there’s the whole “leaving your phone unlocked and falling victim to a prank” problem, not to mention weak lock security (what’s the betting that Trump uses “12345” as a PIN?). When you’re at a level where one of your tweets can cause an international incident, and yet there’s no way to be immediately sure that it was actually you who tweeted it… that’s quite a problem.

Pie
Pie

@Weird Eddie

trump isn’t a “do”-er. (I hope)

There’s a suggestion that the only thing that trump could do to improve his image at this point is to have a war. Curiously, this suggestion never includes the fairly important second bit, “…and win, without getting masses of his own citizens and soldiers slaughtered”. Nor does it suggest that he should start a war with someone unambiguously bad in the eyes of most of the world (or at least the bits of it that might vote trump). He might do it just to reinflate his ego.

There’s the possibility that he expects to be stopped by congress, which will let him smear his opponents as weaklings and terrorist-lovers, but it isn’t particularly clear how much ability he has to make plans or follow them through.

1 2 3