twitter Uncategorized

Otterdance, hedgehog cake, and Chris Christie’s nachos: Today in Tweets

Get in mah belly

By David Futrelle

Good news everyone! Today’s lil Twitter roundup is almost entirely Trump-free! Instead, it’s got dancing otters, a creepy hedgehog, and Chris Christie cradling nachos like a mama gorilla. Also, some angry gamers and a weird new conspiracy theory about Obama.

Let’s get ready to twumble!

Damn, I could really use some nachos right about now. Nachos are awesome.

Hedgehog cake, not so much.

I’m still thinking about those nachos.

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Crooked Nasty Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Crooked Nasty Social Justice Necromancer

Holy crap! Is it me or is this place becoming more of a goldmine for the Mammotheers Against The Manosphere game every day?

Also, it’s nice catching up with everyone!

ETA: FIRST!

Lumen8
Lumen8

The “Angry Gamer”-type persona is right up there with “Faceless Dandy in a Suit and Tie” for “fastest way to tell someone is a disenfranchised white male and is super insecure about it”.

They’re like the heads of a hydra.
A shitty, shitty hydra.

Since they’ve been told by YouTube “philosophers” (snerk) that any well-adjusted white male is a beta cuck who is totally unhappy deep down, the heads will just keep sprouting. Ugh. Now I need nachos. Gonna go make that happen.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

Great, now I’m hungry again and I just ate lunch. 🙁

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Crooked Nasty Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Crooked Nasty Social Justice Necromancer

I haven’t had lunch yet and this came up right on time!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

What a coincidence. I was thinking of making some nachos later. I guess it’s a sign. Now I have to!

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

That video of Christie made me feel better about my life choices. Thanks for sharing it.

The dancing otters were delightful. I had to wonder if the butterfly even knew they were there.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

They’re like the heads of a hydra.

A shitty, shitty hydra.

I know, there’s something very “I need to prove my superiority about something, but all I know is video games and I’m not that good at those” about it. I used to watch James Rolfe regularly maybe 4-5 years ago and he is very amusing, but even the AVGN shtick got stale and given the infrequency of that persona’s posts, I think James knows it too. And yet his copycats persist.

(Side note I figured I’d toss out to the Mammotheers… for a couple years now I’ve been toying with the idea of making a 7th Guest Let’s Play. I’m not a video maker, so it would be an unflashy thing at best, but it’s one of those childhood faves that I haven’t seen get much attention and there’s so much campy goodness to riff on that I’d love to do it. The issue is both I’m unpracticed on mic [and feel weird hearing my own voice] and the time it would take to do it. Would such a project interest anybody here?)

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

So apropos of absolutely nothing, here’s this One Simple Trick (TM) that has helped me at least a little bit with trying not to get RSI or at least trying to stop it getting worse:

I was finding that my right wrist was worse than the left, ’cause of typing with both but mousing with one. Now I have two mice both operational simultaneously, an ordinary cheap one on the left and a “vertical” (also cheap) one on the right, and alternate using both (though I do try to mouse as much as I can with my left hand, as it’s the right that needs the respite most).

It helps!

I don’t know what would happen if I moved them in different directions at the same time – probably nothing, but I haven’t tried so as not to confuse the computer. I fuck up quite enough as it is.

Now off to scroll back up and watch otters.

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

but I haven’t tried so as not to confuse the computer

@ opposablethumbs, all;

it is critical to understand, computers ARE NOT inanimate objects… they are sentient beings, evil in every sense of the word, sent from the darkest reaches of the universe to fuck with us….

JS
JS

I used to annoy people at work by using a “left-hand” mouse. Main reason was, having a right-hand mouse at home and work was giving me wrist cramps.

Had some useful side benefits… No one else wanted to use my workstation. “Oh, you have a left-handed mouse, nevermind.” Somehow never got around to saying, “I can switch it to be right-hand, give me about a 20 seconds.”

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

re: “Shawn R”‘s contention in the above tweet about “2 genders”… I’m assuming up front that the good tweeter is saying that one cannot prove (to their satisfaction, anyway) that the “2 gender” model is flawed….

I’d contend that if you can’t place anyone solely into one of two genders without a DNA test, and even with a DNA test you can’t do better than a 4% uncertainty rate, then the “2 gender” model is definitely flawed.

Makroth - wild west firecracker window-smashing soap-averse unionized cowboy Jacobin from Hell

I haven’t played The New Colossus, but if during the course of the game i don’t hear someone say the words “Give Hitler/the nazis a chance”(preferably before being able to punch them), i will be quite dissapointed. Since we all know Hitler made the trains run on time, they should make a DLC where he has a train-based superpower. They could call him “Train Man” or something.

I think that cake would have looked fine without the teeth.

Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur
Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur

You can’t have your nachos until you take a bite outta that hedgehog cake!

They’re like the heads of a hydra.
A shitty, shitty hydra.

Than an insult to hydras; they’re more like that fungal growth on a pile of poo. Because they can’t stop eating up the crap that other insecure guys tell them they should eat.

dreemr
dreemr
bluecat
bluecat

The BBC is reporting that Anthony Scaramucci has been sacked.

Is it true (please let it be true!)

If it is true, does that mean Trump appointments are timed in dog years?

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

Hahaha, the Mooch is loose. Good thing, too, because a Mooch bit my sister.

The otters make it all better. You can’t tell me they’re not playing. That butterfly is just fun times in Otterville.

But are they significant otters?

jsrtheta
jsrtheta

Well, the otters were worth it.

Though I never knew Shostakovich wrote “Tea for Two.”

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

@Weird Eddie – I have long had my suspicions that this may be the case.

Both my mice are ordinary right-handed ones; I just use one of them with my left hand. Seems fine.

Re the Mooch person – I just saw this on the news and laughed so much. Especially when the presenter commented that he hadn’t even made it to his own official starting date; that’s pretty good going.

Incidentally , he was interviewed on UK news a couple of days ago and said something about how he serves “at the President’s pleasure”. Maybe he was just sufficiently in touch with reality to recognise that with a loose cannon like Trump this was always on the cards?

Scarlett Athena
Scarlett Athena

Weirwoodtreehugger:

Great GIF! I need that for like every hour in Trumpmerica

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

There’s an Arrested Development gif and/or quote for pretty much every occasion.

comment image

That one’s pretty fitting for Trumpmerica too. Especially with the irony of having Trump fanboy Scott Baio in it.

JS
JS

Trump tweets this morning: No WH chaos!

This Just In: Scaramucci Fandan-goes Out of the White House.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

🎶 Scaramucci, Scaramucci, couldn’t do the fandango… 🎶

dr. ej
dr. ej

I would just like to point out that Trump tweeted this morning that there is “No WH chaos!”

Yeah, sure. Everything is going swimmingly.

Damn. Ninja’d by JS!

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Next one will stay for five day ?

Jesalin
Jesalin

Well that didn’t work.

So umm…how do you make pictures show up?

I tried to link from Flickr but..:(

dreemr
dreemr

Who will be next? Bannon, Sessions, Tillerson, CONWAY???

Tune in next time to The Apprentice: Whitehouse Edition

Lumen8
Lumen8

@Gussie Jives:

I’ve been toying with the idea of making a 7th Guest Let’s Play. … Would such a project interest anybody here?

Sorry, I went out for ramen at this new place and then I had to roll around all full. I would totally be interested! Don’t worry about being weirded out by your own voice; even mine sounds weird to me, and I made a living off of it. You just have to trust it doesn’t sound as strange to others as it does to you, if it does. Mine sounds boyish to me, but recorded and to others it’s very feminine. It’s the bones in your head making you sound weird. Don’t trust your head-bones. (And just have fun with it. LOL.)

@Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur:

Ahahaha. Fair point. I apologize to hydras!

@JS & dr. ej:
That is… not even surprising at all 🙁 Oi.

Moggie
Moggie

Ohlmann:

Next one will stay for five day ?

Well, the Mooch lasted minus 16 days (by official start date), so that’s going to be hard to beat. To be sacked before you start, I think you need to suck faster than the speed of light.

Moggie
Moggie

Wuh… wuh… why does the hedgehog cake say “I SAW” on the side? WHAT DOES IT KNOW?

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

@Lumen8

Yeah, I suppose it’s more of a “working up the courage” kind of thing. I’d been kicking around the back of my mind for some time, but time and nerves have kept me from executing it. I think it’s high time I gave it a shot.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Something tells me that cake isn’t gonna go fast…

I’m so sorry 🙁

@Jesalin
Some sites don’t embed. Not sure if flikr is one of em, but that should be noted. Testing
comment image

Behind that, so long as the url ends in a jpg, gif, or png file extension, you copy the url, paste it into the comment box (on its on line) and the little magic computer mammoths should do the rest 🙂

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

My favorite take on the deMoochification – “Taking a job at the Trump White House is like being hired to teach Defense against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts.”

And congratulations, dreemr – your post was the first I’d heard about it.

Moggie
Moggie

In other news, Joe Arpaio has been found guilty:

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Mooch is out ?

Aaaaaw.

Amnesia
Amnesia

Well, at least Mooch can get some consolation from his wife and kids- Oh, wait.

Such lovely schadenfreude.

Mea
Mea

Is “negative-15 days” a record for holding a white house office?

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

I kinda hope he goes full lone wolf and starts doing his thing independently. Would be a shame to see all that talent go to waste.

kupo
kupo

@opposablethumbs
I invested in a trackball and a wrist rest (a nice beanbag one that’s comfy). This prevents my wrist from moving. It doesn’t work for everyone, but I have carpal tunnel and am asymptomatic so yay!

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Arpaio guilty and that slimeball Mooch out.

Good day, good day.

dreemr
dreemr

@kupo

The beanbag wrist rest works for me, too. My CT hasn’t flared up in the 3 years I’ve used one, and it used to be baaaad.

Ooglyboggles

Hoo nelly this means that the meltdowns are accelerating. If mooch can’t even last long enough to work who would want to take a position with such high turnover?

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

re: Arpaio, he’s demanding an appeal and jury trial. If he gets it, there’s no way to find 12 people without one of them being a trumpanzee.

dreemr
dreemr

lol sorry I just read your comment @Robert Walker-Smith – yay, I broke a story on WHTM!!

I think this says much more about how I spend my workday 😉

IgnoreSandra

This is glorious. Firing someone before their start date? That is just so perfectly emblematic of the actual organization of this administration.

Jesalin
Jesalin

@Axe

Thanks for the help but I still couldn’t find a share option that included any kind of extension.

Fortunately I remembered I have an Imgur account!

My reaction to Mr. Mobster being fired before he even officially started:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/RclljKp.jpg[/img]

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

Gussie Jives | July 31, 2017 at 12:59 pm

*ahem* Hello, yes, I run LP channel, am YouTuber. Hello.

But in all seriousness, I bought this game to LP some time ago, but haven’t had the time to really get around to it with meatspace stuff getting in the way. I’m in the middle of a Fallout New Vegas LP with my roommate right now, but I wouldn’t mind doing that next! 😀

I’m trying to go for one upload a week, usually on Monday (as that’s my day off). I have some experience with video editing (I edit all my videos currently), and I’m very good at talking to myself.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Jesalin

Fortunately I remembered I have an Imgur account!

Woot!

My reaction to Mr. Mobster being fired before he even officially started

Ha!

Amnesia
Amnesia

What really happened to Mooch:

(my insincerest apologies if this leaves anyone else with the scarring mental image of him being a magical girl)

IgnoreSandra

@Gussie Jives

I don’t know what 7th Guest is, but I’m chiming in to say that it doesn’t matter if your project interests others. It matters if you want to do it or think it should be done.

@Paradoxical Intention

*ahem* Hello, yes, I run LP channel, am YouTuber. Hello.

Hello! I’m not on YouTube because speaking out loud terrifies me. But I have a blog, and I’m doing an LP of Star Wars: Empire at War there. It’s slow, but I wanna do it.

I remember having a lot of fun with screenshot-based LPs in the past, and this is my attempt to do something similar LESS the nazi-filled websites.

1 2 3