alt-lite alt-right cerno drama kings

Mike Cernovich accuses guy who trolled him at Politicon of being “a replicant, a demon” out to kill him

Cernovich regularly livestreams from his bed

By David Futrelle

Is loopy alt-lite “journalist” Mike Cernovich losing it? Admittedly, with Cernovich his normal behavior is already so bizarre it would be hard to tell, but his unhinged reaction to a guy who gently trolled him at Politicon the other day has me wondering.

The story so far, as best as I can figure it out: At Politcon, a convention that’s been described as “the Coachella of politics,” a young man bearing a striking resemblance to Max Fischer in the movie Rushmore gently touched Cernovich on the arm before launching into a jokey spiel about the wonders of Cernovich’s “Gorilla Mindset” supplements.

Quickly gathering that the young man was not a real fan, the rattled “mindset expert” sped off, repeatedly warning the young man to “stay out of my space, bro” and announcing to everyone in earshot (as well as to his audience on Periscope) that he was being followed by “a creepy stalker” and that “that guy was talking about pedophiles, so watch out for him.”

Now Cernovich has apparently decided that the young man in question was possibly “a replicant” or “a demon” sent to kill him, and that his life is now in danger. And no, Cernovich doesn’t seem to be joking about the replicant/demon stuff.

Seriously, watch this:

Is he trying to steal Alex Jones’ schtick? Or has he severed his last connections to reality?

I’m guessing it’s a little from column a and a little from column b.

Here’s the original encounter at Politicon that triggered this apparent meltdown:

Now, I can’t say I exactly endorse what the bespectacled troll did here — I mean, seriously, don’t go around putting your hands on people you don’t know, even lightly. But TV journalists doing live shots face even more ridiculous trolling — if not outright harassment and assault — on a daily basis and somehow don’t end up ranting about replicants and demons.

This isn’t the first time Cernovich has made a giant stink about people touching him in public. At a rally in Austin earlier this year, he repeatedly shouted “I’m being assaulted” after being gently nudged by rallygoers who got tired of his disruptions; you can find video of the entire horrifying nudging ordeal here.

But I don’t remember him accusing anyone involved in that incident of being a murderous biorobotic android.

I’m not the only one wondering if Cernovich is going off the deep end. Take a look at this little compilation:

And then there was this weird video of his:

(FWIW, as far as I know, Cernovich is still with his second wife, though I can’t for the life of me understand why she is still with him.)

All this is pretty odd, even by Cernovich’s extravagantly weird standards.

As Rachel Maddow likes to say, watch this space.

Lumen8
Lumen8

Though we can’t say for certain what’s really up with him, I would at least venture to say he seems dangerous in several unsettling ways. :/

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

I can’t remember, has Mike Cernovich flirted with sovereign citizen-type shit?

Flora
Flora

His behaviour certainly is erratic, but I thought speculation about his mental health would be strictly off limits as per the comments policy?

Bina

Nice to see Mikey finally having his “FHRITP” moment. Although in his case, “Fuck Him Right In The Penis” might be just what he wants.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

Damn. Replicants are the wurst.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Ah, Juicebro. Never fails to deliver drama.

Jesalin
Jesalin

Damn. Replicants are the wurst.

Oh I dunno, the Elizabeth Weir replicant was pretty good.

Angry Since 11/09/2017
Angry Since 11/09/2017

Well, that was about as dull a drunk monologue as I’ve ever heard.

Angry Since 11/09/2017
Angry Since 11/09/2017

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
July 30, 2017 at 9:40 pm
Damn. Replicants are the wurst.

👻👹🌭

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

A couple of those clips make me think he’s under the influence of… something. Maybe alcohol, maybe pills, maybe a combo; I don’t know his life.

For the rest of it, I dunno. It’s possible that he’s suffering. It’s possible that he’s pretending. It’s also possible that he started out pretending and has convinced himself that he’s really under attack from some vague, undefined source that he’s calling replicants and demons.

I imagine it would be hard to live and talk and behave as he does without inviting in a few demons, of whatever provenance.

Micharion
Micharion

He like the man he is a cheerleader for is having a breakdown. He is worried that he will be caught up in the Russia investigation. He has said as much this week. He along with Trump have complained about Sessions not being able to stop the Independent Counsel and is really starting to freak out since a few of his buddies have already been subpoenaed and he is worried that he is next. Which means if any amount of pressure is applied to him he will pop. Although he has now revealed a little more than he should have. Interestingly enough we may have what will break the Republican’s trust of Trump because it involves something they can almost certainly fake disliking to look good. Trump Modeling Agency has recently had some accusations leveled against it that it participated in Human Trafficking which may hold a little more weight since Trump himself accidently talked about it recently too. Well, word on the street is that Epstein recorded a certain orange menace in a rather dubious act. But even more than that we may finally find out what happened to Maria. maria was a little girl around 13 that has no connection to Katie that I know of that was sexually assaulted by Trump. The reason the Katie stuff was swept under the rug was because Trump has actually said to not say anything about hit and bringing up that Maria disappeared and said that he was capable of having her family killed, sound familiar.

Long story short the failed lawyer is worried that he will go to prison and if he is connected to human trafficking and sexual assault he would probably be dead within the week. Since he projects in much the way Trump himself does. These people are very easy to read once you know what to look for.

JS
JS

Mike Cernovich may be a poster child against taking self designed supplement regimens and illegal (to be sold as supplements in the US) nootropic drugs.

I like that his site for Gorilla Mindset book still includes posts on the front page about having the book professionally edited before publication, and has a link to subscribe for updates on when it’ll be released. Hint: It’s already available.

Also, really? “Take supplement (piracetam) to improve blood flow in brain”. FDA says “no approved medical use, and may not be sold as a dietary supplement”. Possible side effects (from Wikipedia, may not be accurate): anxiety, insomnia, irritability, headache, agitation, nervousness, tremor, and hyperkinesia.

ETA: Micharion, which “he” are you talking about in that? There’s enough “he”s in there that I am a bit confused as to which one is which.

Amnesia
Amnesia

Hey, be nice, Cernovich! The guy who approached you was probably mentally ill! Can’t you just take a compliment? Gosh. /absolute sarcasm

Seriously, people invading your personal space sucks, but what he describes is basically ‘a usual day working customer service’ level of harassment. Even people who are extremely touch sensitive don’t describe people tapping their shoulders and mildly bothering them as demons and/or replicants. Dude’s got skin thinner than cellophane.

Micharion
Micharion

Okay, yeah I can see how vague that could be. I am talking about Cernovich which weirdly for me is the only one I don’t actually talk about by name yet I do name Dumpf. Honestly I did leave a bit more out than I should have though. Basically I was saying that Cernovich accidently revealed he knows about Trumps proclivities but ended up saying it out loud. Him and the alt-right do have a tendency to project onto other people, which would be why he called the troll a pedophile. I got nothing of the other stuff he said about him though.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Crank magnetism and substance abuse just don’t mix, do they?

Fabe
Fabe

So I guess Mike will be demanding this guy submit to a Voight-Kampff
test to see if he is in fact a replicant .

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

Cernovich is weird but he’s nowhere near as scary as Andrew Anglin, who thinks chopping up women and stuffing them in the freezer is a good idea. I wonder if anybody has checked HIS freezer lately.

Ari H Agbabian
Ari H Agbabian

“It just goes to show how dangerous it is for anybody who is doing actual journalism.”

Move over Larry Burrows, Robert Capa and Catherine Leroy. The real journalists are here!

JS
JS

Ah, so MC is both anxious, and paranoid, and we are out to get him (well, on the net anyway). Got it!

Anyone else paranoid that MC is also the initials for “Mind Control”?

JS
JS

From the previous thread, but def on topic for this one:

Someone asked
Who says “as I did journalism”?

Answer: Not a real journalist. Unless, maybe, they were writing in a journal at the time, and … no, not really even then. Unless they’re Cernovich, in which case, walking around talking to a cell phone camera apparently counts as “journalism”. I’d call it “life blogging”, or “vlogging”, or “being an ass who thinks he’s more important than everyone in the room nearby”.

Next time, somebody (should be older than MC for reasons mentioned further) should pretend to be impressed by the functions of the amazing cell phone that MC uses. It’s really cool that you can record video! I didn’t realize they could get cameras that small these days. What’s the resolution? That’s better than a DVD, isn’t it. How good is the microphone? (If the questioner isn’t older than MC, these sorts of “wow that’s cool” questions start looking more obvious as trolling)

If he should happen to read this, I’m setting him up to treat older people rudely, as he does with younger-looking ones. Annoyed enough yet, Cerno? Everyone in your life is now a possible troll.

I apologize. “anxious and paranoid” language I used in earlier post should probably be removed, per Comment Policy.

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

Congrats Dali!

Ooglyboggles

Congratulations Dali!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Congratulations Dali! Make some shelf space!

comment image

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@Jesalin: Same here, but I didn’t like the way they just abandoned the Elizabeth Weir replicant after determining that she was still loyal. They could have sent a jumper to fetch and reactivate her, as they had retrieved and reactivated Niam previously, but … nothing.

@Micharion: Cernovich’s projecting onto the troll may mean that, deep down, he believes himself to be a demon and a replicant too, then.

@Dali: Congratulations!

Grogepi
Grogepi

Now I’m no expert. But I’ll just float this idea: A lot of these “KingKong muscle-bro” types like to play around with artificial testosterone injections. That stuff does a number on your brain eventually…

Moggie
Moggie

Surplus to Requirements:

Someone should ask Juicebro the tortoise question.

At the weekend, I was at the British Museum’s Hokusai exhibition, so I think what Juicebro needs is Shōki, the demon-queller, a dude who won’t take no shit from no demons. I wish I could find an online copy which does Hokusai’s red Shōki justice, because, holy shit, it’s so good.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Someone should ask Juicebro the tortoise question.

What’s a tortoise?

Moggie
Moggie

Alan, you know what a turtle is?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Of course.

(You do know this conversation ends up with you getting shot? 🙂 )

IgnoreSandra

Congratulations, Dali!

Couldn’t happen to a more deserving person.

I don’t really know how to comment on Cernovich except that even I don’t have this kind of meltdown when people touch me without asking.

And I literally run away from them if they do that.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Well done, Dali!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Congratulations Dali!

Moggie
Moggie

Congrats, Dali, but (nitpick) why is it called “Through a Scanner Farkly”? Is that to avoid trouble with the Dick estate?

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

So I guess Mike will be demanding this guy submit to a Voight-Kampff test to see if he is in fact a replicant.

Yeah, wouldn’t mind turning that test around on ol’ Mikey boy. Or any of his ilk. Fail inside a minute.

JoeB
JoeB

@Grogepi

There’s a reason he’s called Juice Bro and it’s only partially that he sells overpriced overhyped actual juice on his site. A memory holed post of his had him promoting anabolic steroid use.

dreemr
dreemr

Weird, I always thought he was gay. I’m not sure why, maybe just conflating him with Milo since they kind of go hand-in-hand topic-wise.

PreuxFox
PreuxFox

Hmmmm.

I hope that he feels better soon, if this is something outside of his control (as opposed to some sort of bizarre…publicity stunt?)

I experience paranoid delusions and they’re terrifying. I wouldn’t wish it on anybody.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

First things first, congrats Dali !!

Second, ehh… as David said, people believe all sorts of weird things. And that doesn’t say anything about their mental health, rather their mental hygiene (and the two aren’t as closely related as one might gather from their names) and yes, you can make endless fun of Tcherno’s absolute lack of the latter without it meaning you’re armchair-diagnosing the former. Calling him unhinged is certainly not the same as calling him mentally ill.

Otherwise you’re gonna have endless trouble even talking about Trump and his White House, because they have pretty much the same relationship with reality that Tcherno displays.

Third, did his phone fall off the dashboard in disbelief when he said “replicant, demon or something” !?

PreuxFox
PreuxFox

Oops, I missed Dalillama’s post. Congratulations, that’s really exciting!

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Crooked Nasty Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Crooked Nasty Social Justice Necromancer

“MAGA Mindset” indeed (yes, that’s the title of one of his dishrags trying to pass as books)! I’m concerned about his wellbeing but I also can’t help but laugh a bit. Yeah you’re really making yourself great again, Mikey!

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

@Dali, Congratulations! I hope it does really well. Better than mine I hope!

@David,

I don’t know what any of this says about Cernovich’s mental health; people believe all sorts of weird things.

Doesn’t take any mental health problems to come up with the strange nonsense he’s saying. I like to use the term mental hygiene for the sort of behaviour he’s exhibiting. Like, he’s mentally healthy, but his mental hygiene is atrocious. I.e. he has no ability to distinguish between good and bad beliefs, and no way to protect himself from letting bad thoughts take root in his mind.

Someone in the comments was suggesting that his taking piracetam would do this? Data point of one, but I’ve taken piracetam, and you’d have to take an awwffful lot of it to do anything really notable. That is at least what I found.

(Also, there’s no good evidence that it’s a nootropic drug at all. Mostly it’s just bitter and gross and ew. I experienced some mild “alertness” effects, but that could very well have been placebo. I found nightly melatonin to be far more powerful in effect.)

Not that he isn’t taking a pile of piracetam! He could be having a huge amount and utterly messing up his neurotransmitter levels, at which point all this weird stuff is a lot easier to swallow (unlike the piracetam itself, blech). That, plus steroids, plus whatever else he’s shoveling into his metabolism and I could see that having an effect alright.

And that’s enough rambling from me!

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

Strange that he’d use the phrase ‘gorilla mindset’; he doesn’t appear to be promoting a peaceful, vegetarian lifestyle.

Also, congratulations Dalillama!

Tov01
Tov01

Congrats on the book, Dali!

(((VioletBeauregarde))): Crooked Nasty Social Justice Necromancer
(((VioletBeauregarde))): Crooked Nasty Social Justice Necromancer

Add my congrats to the pile, Dali!

dreemr
dreemr

This might have something to do with his state of mind recently

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

Congratulations Dalillama!
comment image

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Moggie

I assume that they forgot that he didn’t put ‘Through’ in his title like all the other titles referencing that line do (including about a dozen analyses of Dick’s work)

Moggie
Moggie

@dreemr, I’ll believe it when I see it (Juicebro getting a subpoena). He’s desperate to appear a major player, rather than just another troll, so of course he tries to insert himself into the story. Though I’d love to be wrong about that.