Uncategorized

Will pixie cuts turn women into Satantic MK Ultra mindcontrol slaves? The debate

The pixie cut: tool of Satan?

The Summer 2017 WHTM pledge drive is on! Donate generously to enable our continuing coverage of dangerous haircuts! Thanks!

By David Futrelle

My new favorite far-right Twitter weirdo is a fellow called @WesternIdentity, a self-described “right wing urban theologian” and “esoteric image cleric” who uses his Twitter account to promote “occult nationalism,” complain that “underground heretical judaism has pushed cuckoldry into our society,” express his love of skittles and post assorted gifs involving Trump getting the better of CNN.

I discovered @WesternIdentity earlier this week after he launched a tirade against the alleged diabolical evil that is short hair on women.

Yeah, that’s right, he’s getting all philosophical on our asses.

He then decided to “rebrand” the cute-sounding pixie cut.

As longtime readers of this blog know well, @WesternIdentity is hardly the first reactionary doofus to declare war on the pixie cut and short hairdos for women generally.

But he may be the first pixie-cut hater to also suggest that Chelsea Manning — currently sporting, yes, a pixie cut — is some kind of MK Ultra mind control slave, or something.

It turns out that @WesternIdentity has a lot of, well, interesting opinions about all sorts of stuff, including Satanic CNN pedophiles, which he apparently thinks are a real thing.

Oh, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.

And check out what is perhaps the world’s hottest take on robots:

I honestly have no idea if this one is a joke:

He does post some pretty dank gifs from time to time, though.

H/T — @spookperson

Dan Hoan

Satan, now I want a harpycut.

Also, I am super psyched. I am Big Sister to someone of Mexican-heritage and her quinceanera is going to be amazing. Just have to wait for 4 more years…

JS
JS

@Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur

Likewise, he also sounds like the guy who would freak out about men with long hair who wear in it in some kind of ponytail or another.

FTFY, clearly ponytailness would make no difference to this man’s likely incoming rant over long hair on men. Legolas would probably scare the pee out of him. “His hair reaches his nipples, Legolas is clearly part of the feminist gender conspiracy”

ETA: All-One Hairstyle! Dilute!

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

@dreemr, did you see the video clip where Mrs. Macron leaned in for the cheek-kiss and he grabbed her shoulders and then grabbed her hand and kept her from pulling away? Ugh, so awful.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
JS
JS

A bit racist, but I found a sombrero gollum

Bluecollarnerd
Bluecollarnerd

I frakkin love spookperson, thats all i have to say about this maybe poe.

Buffalo Headroom (it doesn't have to make sense)

I always wanted a Jimi Hendrix haircut, but I’m too white to pull that off so I’ll settle for a Bob Dylan haircut.

dreemr
dreemr

@Scildfreja – I did indeed. Extra-gross, she’s a very petite person and then you have predator Drumpf just manhandling her.

He’s just so awful. This kind of thing is waaay out of line.

JS
JS

Latest news: Trump planning to invite Putin to White House, but not right now, because politics.

Sinister Pigeon
Sinister Pigeon

Hello!

I am back from a long lurking absence, summoned by this Sombrero Golem ritual.

As an actual Mexican person (who is currently a US citizen) SRSLY guys? You were holding out on me? I spent these parties dancing to cheesy salsa music, eating pastelitos, and avoiding drunk relatives? And instead I could have been performing the blood sacrifice that would summon the vengeful specter of Tezcatlipoca GOD OF STRIFE AND SUFFERING! HE OF THE NEAR AND FAR! POSSESSOR OF THE SKY AND EARTH! ENSLAVER OF THE PEOPLE BORN OF TAMALES AND SEER OF THE BROKEN MIRROR?

Plus a Sombrero Golem dancing on an American flag to El Baile del Beeper? I really missed out.

Seriously though, he does know that most of the other Hispanic traditions do quinceañeras too right?

Metal Shoggoth
Metal Shoggoth

Well, I don’t know much about Sombrero Golems, but I DO know about Sombrero Gundams!

TheKND
TheKND

I’m fine with “Harpy-cut”. I’ve been playing JRPGs for decades. I am sexually attracted to every monstergirl known to mankind. (And harpies must give nice, downy cuddles!)

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Freemage

Anti-Christ Bender FTW!!!

@everyone

This Twitter thread is highly amusing; it’s like a game of ‘spot the dodgy Youtuber’. Here are just two of the gems:

Hi, I’m a YouTube thingy. A game/movie didn’t do what I wanted so I found a woman involved and forced her to quit existing

Hi, I’m a YouTube thingy. I rail against victim complex. Not 1 of these crybaby snowflakes know what it’s like to be called a garbage human

Katz

Some versions of D&D made the harpies look creepy. Some versions just made them look rad.

comment image

And the Ronja harpies look REALLY rad.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Wow, this guy just took all sorts of religions and cultures and just shat all over them to make one big ball ‘o confused awful.

Sylvia Daniella Foxglove
Sylvia Daniella Foxglove

Guess I must be really evil since I love pixie cuts, and don’t believe in his definition of demons… I mean I’m all about the Occult for fun and prophet, but I don’t think he’s really all that okay with it, or even understands it.

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

That second harpy has long hair, which leads me to wonder if @WesternIdentity would approve or disapprove.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

When she untied it to brush it out, it came down to mid-calf.

#LengthGoals

I like pixie harpy cuts, I’m just too lazy/cheap to go to the salon to keep it maintained. Good thing I also like long hair.

OT, but two of the Alexanders have been named!
Smoky guy is Joseph Pawtucket Alexander.
comment image

The poly Siamese boy’s name is Lloyd Chudly Alexander.
comment image

The little girl kitty’s naming rights should be up for auction now.

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

HAHA!! This makes me want to get my hair cut into a pixie cut again just to spite him. 😀 I had a pixie cut until recently and I loved it. The fact that it would keep guys like him away from me only adds to the appeal.

Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur
Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur

@Chief Manitee

Thanks for the clarification, I’m not sure how I got those mixed up. On the topic of short hair for women, there’s this one kind of look that I think looks really cool…

While in my head I imagine there would be a bit more spikiness, this is what I’m thinking of.

@JS

I’ve actually had people comment on my ponytail, wondering what my sexuality was because of it. But yes, in general, there’s a big phobia it seems of guys having long hair despite the fact that elves and orcs have rocked long hairstyles in fiction and that a good chunk of Nordic and Northern Asian cultures see long hair on men as a good thing.

Hmmm, now I wonder what happen if we talked about bald women? Do you think these guys would completely meltdown about this? Especially with the fact that there are women out there who can pull off a bald look really well? (It’s all about the shape of the head).

Unfortunately, I’m too fixated on hair to talk about Sombrero Golems…

=(

Katz

They eat children (white genocide) and live in a cave up in the mountains (matriarchy) so the balance is probably against them.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Pixie cuts? Really? These obnoxious pedants always think they’re the second coming of Socrates, and then they pick the absolute lowest anthill to die on. The world has many thorny problems, but women’s personal grooming choices aren’t one of them.

I’m guessing he got shot down by a Hot Topic cashier.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

this maybe poe

I think we’re starting to forget what “poe” means.

estraven
estraven

@Virgin Mary, that link was quite informative. I am fascinated, if appalled. Thank you (I think).

Also, if I had the confidence, I would shave my head. These hair decisions/wars/mundanities get on my last nerve.

Falconer
Falconer

@katz

I think I need to watch this. Not with the kids. But soon.

My brother and I … we maybe watched The Last Unicorn just a bit too young.

comment image

Brrrr.

History Nerd
History Nerd

I never understood the intense disgust some guys have for women’s short hairstyles. Short hair looks fine.

Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid
Subtract Hominem, the Renegade Misandroid

Too bad my ‘nym is already so long; there’s a lot of great phrases to append from this one.

• future whistleblowers

• heretical frankists

• full blown neo-hippie resurgence

• sombrero golems

• zeitgeist based shamanism

Get ’em while they’re hot!

Ivory Bill Woodpecker
Ivory Bill Woodpecker

I’m amazed that I’m the first person to mention that “The Sombrero Golems” would be a great name for a rock band.

dreemr
dreemr

@Katz & @Falconer

Ronja is awesome 8 ways to Sunday! The harpies aren’t really in it a whole lot so I doubt they’d scare your kids. I love Ronja’s mom, her braids are kind of a tribute to Pippi Longstocking (which was written by Astrid Lindgren, who also wrote the source book for Ronja).

It’s truly beautifully animated and a very good story. Suitable for kids -it isn’t nearly as dark as the Last Unicorn.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I think that part of it is that they perceive long hair to be cumbersome and difficult. In reality, short hair takes just as much, if not more to maintain if you want it to look cute and stylish, but they don’t realize that. I also think that part of the reason that they prize thinness is that it’s hard work if it’s not natural. Women suffering for beauty appeals to them.

Katz

I would definitely recommend Ronja even for very young children. It has very kid-friendly themes and the peril is mostly pretty mild; most of the episodes don’t have anything scary at all.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

My mom’s pretty far-right, yet she encouraged me to get my hair cut short. My grandma listens to Fox News way too often, and her hair is shorter than mine! (Dad and Papaw just don’t care all that much.)

Ouroboros13

If I wanted pseudophilosophical garbage I’d go to the Know Thyself forum.

>”no one is addressing the fact that the US is knee deep in a full blown neo-hippie resurgence. left unchecked this WILL threaten our republic.”
>Shares the ideology of fascists who want to destroy all democratic process and replace it with a theocratic dictatorship.

mz emoji riesling
mz emoji riesling

I think that the blood of the children gets in the long hair, too, so that really disturbs him. (Not that it takes much to disturb him.)

Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
Nikki the Bluth Wannabe

I just got my hair cut again last week, mid-neck-length bob with a couple shorter pieces at the wide part of my jaw-since a bob’s roughly halfway between long hair and a pixie, does that mean only half of my MK Ultra mind control stuck?
Gotta love Bender as the Antichrist!

Laugher at Bigots, Low-T Inbetweener Weener

I shall be no more the “Low-T Inbetweener Weener.” The next time I appear, I shall be “Laugher at Bigots, Full Blown Future Heretical Frankist Whistleblower Neo-Hippie Resurgent”!

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

I’ll never understand why certain people think women having short hair is the worst thing ever.

I could try – but I know it’ll be nonsense.

Besides, I love pixie-cuts…

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi

Wow – it’s almost like people are more than their hair. Almost.

Personally, I think the combover has led to all kinds of bad things in society. But you don’t see me going on about it (til now)

Tangential happy brag: I’ve always had a thing against guys with long hair – in terms of choosing my own partners. I’ve always preferred a short, professional cut on men. I’ve just exchanged declarations of love with a scruffy, beardy scientist with long hair. Squeeeeee! Happy. He’s lovely.

EverythingIsRidiculous
EverythingIsRidiculous

Whatevs, Deludo-Boy. I have long flowing blonde locks, such that I was able to be a Rohan refugee extra in LOTR with no further styling, and I am a totes feminist ballbreaker. It’s the stealthy ones you have to be afraid of … we are legion … you can’t tell by haircuts … if only it was that easy … but you can’t tell … tremble, MRAs.

#UndercoverHarpy.

JS
JS

I have long hair, perhaps not quite as long as Legolas, and definitely medium to dark brown depending on wash. It’s a bit of a significant difference, someone asked me if I’d dyed my hair once, when I’d just washed it a bit different. Leave off the conditioner and avoid the conditioning shampoos, and it’s medium brown.

Being male, in the church choir, and sitting next to a man who wears his hair at about 1/8″ long is a fun contrast.

Moggie
Moggie

I think the Sombrero Golems toured with Sad Boner Sharia last summer.

Ooglyboggles

@TheKND

At last I meet a kindred spirit.

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

“Sombrero Golem” would make for a great band name. Maybe it’d be made up of Mexican Jews who do reggaetón about geeky topics, like a Latino version of the Beastie Boys or something…

The phrase also makes me think of Huitzil from Darkstalkers:

comment image

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ nick

great band name.

When I did the roadie thing there was a Jewish heavy metal band called ‘Guns and Moses’. 🙂

(Seen here)

comment image

BaronJenks
BaronJenks

Technically it’s a sphinx rather than a harpy, but the symbol of a Women’s martial arts group some of my friends are involved in always makes me grin. Also, it has long hair, so presumably this guy would approve!

BaronJenks
BaronJenks
Ohlmann
Ohlmann

She’s rad. Sphynxes are criminally underused in fiction.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

Wow – hopping back on to see, first, Alan’s pic of Guns & Moses, and then BaronJenks’ martial arts sphinx.
Awesome visual goodies 😀

Nanny Ogg's Bosom (Formerly LostInLindsey)
Nanny Ogg's Bosom (Formerly LostInLindsey)

I regret that my hair is too curly when cut short to get a decent pixie cut. At the minute it’s a chin length bob.

Sailor LeadDragonite, a future whistleblower
Sailor LeadDragonite, a future whistleblower

@That Fool in the OP

Thanks the the new subtitle to my nickname!