Uncategorized

Will pixie cuts turn women into Satantic MK Ultra mindcontrol slaves? The debate

The pixie cut: tool of Satan?

The Summer 2017 WHTM pledge drive is on! Donate generously to enable our continuing coverage of dangerous haircuts! Thanks!

By David Futrelle

My new favorite far-right Twitter weirdo is a fellow called @WesternIdentity, a self-described “right wing urban theologian” and “esoteric image cleric” who uses his Twitter account to promote “occult nationalism,” complain that “underground heretical judaism has pushed cuckoldry into our society,” express his love of skittles and post assorted gifs involving Trump getting the better of CNN.

I discovered @WesternIdentity earlier this week after he launched a tirade against the alleged diabolical evil that is short hair on women.

Yeah, that’s right, he’s getting all philosophical on our asses.

He then decided to “rebrand” the cute-sounding pixie cut.

As longtime readers of this blog know well, @WesternIdentity is hardly the first reactionary doofus to declare war on the pixie cut and short hairdos for women generally.

But he may be the first pixie-cut hater to also suggest that Chelsea Manning — currently sporting, yes, a pixie cut — is some kind of MK Ultra mind control slave, or something.

It turns out that @WesternIdentity has a lot of, well, interesting opinions about all sorts of stuff, including Satanic CNN pedophiles, which he apparently thinks are a real thing.

Oh, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.

And check out what is perhaps the world’s hottest take on robots:

I honestly have no idea if this one is a joke:

He does post some pretty dank gifs from time to time, though.

H/T — @spookperson

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

Likewise, in my personal experience, I have a family member who is dating a divorced father of two girls. The two girls were being “groomed” by the mother and her new husband, both of whom are Trumpanzees and “christians”. The guy is a sick pedophile and repeatedly sexually harassed the eldest daughter (who is a 13 year old child).

So excuse me if I don’t buy the whole “Satanic pedophile” shit. Likewise, excuse me if I give you the side eye, concerning pedophilia, if you’re a christian.

dreemr
dreemr

“Two millennia of injustice”?

Try at least 6 millennia.

Also: I LOVE Dame Judy Dench’s pixie cut.

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

@Anyone who has had or attended a quinceañera: Please tell us all about the sombrero golems.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

This is some very deep pizzagate nonsense here.

And, screw him! I like pixie cuts!

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

“… no true christian…”

Check that, actually it’s “No true christian would TALK about it”

Trumpanzees

BLESS YOU, I’ve been searching my whole LIFE for this word!!!

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

BLESS YOU, I’ve been searching my whole LIFE for this word!!!

You’re quite welcome! I love the effect it produces in them because, for the longest time, Whites kind of had and used the monopoly of monkey comparisons against POC.

Now that the very people responsible for using and perpetuating such comparisons are being subject to the same abuse it makes my day to see them LOSE THEIR SHIT over it.

Canuck feminist
Canuck feminist

Oh goody, so we oppress men by wearing our hair up in a bun, or getting it cut short, and wearing our awful reading glasses. I didn’t realize before that my fashion choices and bad vision, were inherently oppressive to macho manly men. Is anything not oppressive to them?

MaxMaxMax
MaxMaxMax

Are the sombrero golems related to the robo-golems? I’d like to nail down the specifics.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It doesn’t help his case that pixie cuts are hideous when he uses pictures of a model and a very successful actress. At least I think that 2nd one is Ginnifer Goodwin. I can think of so many supermodels and movie starts that have had short hair for most or all of their careers. Including Linda Evangelista who was so sought after that she famously said she won’t get out of bed for less than 10K a day.

It’s okay to have personal preferences. That does not make your personal preference an “empirical scientific reality.” Beauty standards change over time and aren’t the same in every culture. I don’t know why these guys can never grasp that.

And that sci-fi art show poster. Yikes. It says a lot about these dudes that “an end to abuse” would be a defining characteristic of a dystopian society.

bekabot
bekabot

Makes sense. Hispanic girls usually sport long or longish hair — so MK Ultra and CNN must have some reason to leave them alone.

Feral Crone
Feral Crone

Sombrero golems at a ‘sweet sixteen party?

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

Okay, I really need to go to a barbershop and try the high and tight sides I’ve been wanting to try. (But keeping the length on the top, I know that isn’t a reeeeeal high and tight so maybe I just ask for a fade?)

My point is: People should wear their hair the way that it makes THEM happy. Long hair for cis-dudes if they’d like, and short hair on cis-women. It doesn’t have to say anything about anything, besides that you like the hair style.

Also short hair is really easy to style (for me) which is great! Never in my life have I had a hair style that I styled for a year and a half!!

Z&T
Z&T

I’m at a loss for words here, but the mention of Quniceanera reminded me of something,

Family throws Quinceanera party for cat:

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

What I find shocking about these guys, is when they talk about so called ‘satanism’ as if it is somehow worse than their fucked up take on Christianity. It isn’t, I’d rather take my chances with the satanists any day! 😮

dashapants
dashapants

He had me at sombrero golems. I NEED to know about the sombrero golems.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Anyone want to add “sombrero golem” to their name? I would, but I like chief manatee too much to change it.

I’ve read that there is some DNA evidence that many ethnically Spanish Mexicans had Jewish ancestors who converted to Catholicism to avoid persecution. I highly doubt that there are any golems wearing sombreros attending the typical quinceanera, but the Mexican hat + monster of Jewish mythology may not be as incongruous as it seems at first glance. I wonder if he knows about that DNA research or this was purely an accident born out of the combo of racism and antisemitism.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

Every day I don’t get trapped in an elevator with this paragon is going to be a good day.
Also, neo-hippie resurgence sounds great, if they can refrain from the classism, sexism and racism of the paleohippies.

dashapants
dashapants

@WWTH

I would, but I am so utterly white that it would be cultural appropriation. Also, I already have Pants, and it would be unfair to hog all the available articles of clothing.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

I’m not the only one who thinks “harpiecut” sounds more adorable than pixie, right? >_>

aztec deity summoning, US flag desecration, sombrero golems

Porque no los tres?

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Again with the “short hair is evil!” nonsense. If your particular culture values long hair, great. But I’m keeping my hair short. Makes it easier for Mr. Parasol to kiss the back of my neck. 😉

Katz

The sombrero golems are at the Quinceanera to serve chips and salsa, obviously.

comment image

Freemage
Freemage

Okay, so… Robots are golems, and sombrero golems are a thing, and apparently they’re all Satanically Jewish….

Folks, I give you the Anti-Christ:

Also, to the extent that I have preferences on women’s hair at all, is it weird to find both very long and pixie cuts highly attractive? Honestly, anything that looks ‘deliberate’ usually makes the wearer look like someone who is confident and self-assured, so they tend to be… Oh, I see what MRA’s problem with pixie cuts is, now.

JennyWren
JennyWren

without exception, every single woman with short hair would be more attractive with long hair. this is an empirical scientific reality.

Hello Mr. Cyclops! JennyWren here. I wore my hair long for the first eighteen years of my life, because it is the default option for middle-class white girls. But my hair is very fine, so it looked gross. It was all rat-taily and lank, even when freshly-washed. When I was eighteen I cut it off, not because I hate being a woman but because my hairdresser suggested it would be a good way to make my hair look thicker. She was right! I have worn it short ever since.

Also, have you thought this through? Like many men, I suspect you’re only thinking of young Hollywood starlets, but what about the Queen? Do you think she’d be more attractive with grey hair down her back?

IgnoreSandra
IgnoreSandra

I like my long hair. I dyed it red I love it so.

It’s for my personal aesthetic. I don’t give a crap what other people think when they see it.

But here’s the thing: I was as much a woman when my hair barely touched the top of my head as I am now. And so is every other woman.

I wish short hair gave mind control powers. My life would have been much easier until recently. The whole concept reminds me of Scott Pilgrim vs The World and how vegans apparently have psychic powers.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I forgot what thread we were discussing The Biggest Loser and the dangers of rapid weight loss + extreme calorie restriction, so I’m going to go off topic and leave this here

Looks like the show has been cancelled. Relevant bit

In May of 2016, a study was published in the medical journal Obesity showing that appearing on The Biggest Loser left contestants with side effects worse than hearing the sound of Jillian Michaels screaming at them in their sleep. The study showed that the rapid weight loss on The Biggest Loser permanently messed with the contestant’s metabolism so much that it slowed it down and made maintaining their weight loss nearly impossible.

Not long after that study was published, several former Biggest Loser contestants spoke to The New York Post and exposed even more alleged unhealthiness. Season 7 contestant Joelle Gwynn, who was trained by Bob Harper, claims that his assistant gave her a brown paper bag with a yellow-and-black pill inside. A source close to production told the Post the pills were Adderall. He allegedly told her to take the drug and assured her it would “help” her. Joelle says she took the pill and that it made her feel “jittery and hyper.” She claims the following day, Dr. H informed them that the pill had been added to their regimen and it was up to them to take it. Joelle says she never took it again.

The source that the show has been cancelled due to shadiness and lawsuits was Daily Mail, so grain of salt. But if it’s true, yay!

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

This guy sounds like someone fed a neural network The Turner Diaries and a bunch of Dr Bronner’s labels.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I wouldn’t be surprised if that study were true. I recently lost over 60 pounds and I have a hard time maintaining my weight loss. I’ve done several diets over the years and I feel like my metabolism is the slowest thing ever.

Kivutar
Kivutar

I really have to wonder how many of these guys have some undiagnosed schizoid disorder. Obviously their assholeness has nothing to do with any mental illnesses, but it might explain their bizarre fixations and paranoia.

Paradoxical Intention - Mobile
Paradoxical Intention - Mobile

Gods above, these articles make me want to get that undercut even MORE.

My hair will be both Feminine Long, AND Feminine-Hating short! And I’ll dye the long bits a bright, feminine pastel pink too, so they can’t even enjoy my long hair! For it will be a hallmark of my SJW-ness!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Also, hi I’m a woman who believes in demons and I wouldn’t date your sorry ass if you were the last other person on Mother (fucking) Earth to believe in them.

Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur
Friendly Neighborhood Dragon Arthur

Likewise, he also sounds like the guy who would freak out about men with long hair who wear in it in some kind of ponytail or another.

comment image

Anyways, I always thought it was known as the “Bob” cut as opposed to “Pixie Cut”, unless they’re two different hairstyles.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Kivutar

FTFY. Comments policy

@Jenny

Hey, she could definitely rock it tho…

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Dragon Author,

They’re different. The pixie cut is what Mia Farrow in Rosemary’s Baby pictured above has.

This is a bob

estraven
estraven

For many years I’ve had long, fine, straight hair, which my husband cut just straight across because I dislike hair salons (don’t ask). Last year I got really sick, and getting well involved taking vitamins and minerals and such, and lo and behold, at the age of 60 +, my hair got thicker. It was so thick at the nape the spouse didn’t know what to do with it. So trembling with fear, I went to a cheap chain-type hair place and got a great cut. I have silvery blond hair and while I was at it, I said, why not put a little purple in there? It looks great, feels great, and I don’t give a flying fuck what anyone thinks of it (as it turns out I get compliments on it from strangers). What is with these guys and their hair fetish? Oh wait–they should be able to tell women what to do down to the least little detail. I don’t actually know any men like them, thankfully. I’m wondering, though–in their tiny minds, what kind of hair are men supposed to have?

dreemr
dreemr

I had long-thick-wavy-curly-hair-down-to-my-ass quite a lot in my youth, punctuated by years in which I would wear basically a boy’s cut, when I got tired of dealing with long hair and/or found myself wearing it in a ponytail more often than not.

Then I’d get lazy about getting it cut and it would grow down to my butt again.

Last time I went the short route was about 8 years ago, partly to cut off all dyed hair and let it go my natural white/gray. So far I’ve kept it super short – I get it cut about 1/2″ long usually, every couple of months. I vastly prefer it.

But I liked it long, too. It just got to be WAAAY more work than I wanted to do, particularly when it went white.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

The hair fetish comes from Paul’s letters in the Bible, which in turn comes from the ancient Greeks, who mistakenly thought that hair was hollow and a bit like grass. Fertile women who had sucked up a lot of semen would have long, thick, glossy hair, whereas men, who presumable hadn’t absorbed as much seen would have short hair or be bald. That is why it is a glory for a woman to have long hair, but a shame for a man, although the Nazerines would be the exception. The hair covering is required for women because to the culture of Paul’s day and age, long hair was a sex organ.

Yes. Really.

Dreamer
Dreamer

I have a relative (by marriage) with pointy top ears. Her “pixie (or elf-cut) is literal. I wish I had such beautiful ears!

Myriad
Myriad

Huh, and here I thought a pixie cut was just a fun, easy to style haircut. Who knew.

Okay, the sombrero golem sounds really fun for some reason. I not sure what he is trying to say.

Also, if short hair is an assault on society, then society is pretty much weak sauce.

What is it with these guys with hyperbole and melodrama?

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

I think long grey hair can look lovely. Also short grey hair. Or no hair.

Mostly I’m just unable to distinguish good looks from bad :C

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

Dalillama, that is a wonderful turn of phrase and I have absconded with it.

People like the OP make me realize – you can believe you understand what’s really going on and still not be a happy person. Imagine knowing the truth about sombrero golems but being convinced they’re a bad thing.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

Do you remember Kes from Voyager? She belonged to a race who only lived for eight years! 😮

comment image

Ellesar
Ellesar

this is an empirical scientific reality.

Yep, really real according to the man who believes that

if youre going on dates with women who dont believe that demons are real and roaming the earth you are a bad person that should feel bad

He really gets about a bit with this idea – from hating short hair on women to the Jews and Satanism. But at least he uses the word cuckoldry, rather than the bastardised abbrev. – even though it still make no fucking sense.

PS – the ‘Satanic Ritual Abuse’ panic was found to have no credible sources. I have read extensively n the subject, and it really does smack of witch hunt mentality.

Nym
Nym

Dreemr I also love Dame Judy’s pixie cut! Such beautiful silver hair.

Diego, I have a couple of issues with your statement:

“I find it rich that christians are complaining about pedophilia when such a thing was normalized for the longest time in both Catholicism and Christianity. Heck, it’s still a thing today in both mainstream christianity and christian sects, such as the Mormons.”

It’s pretty extreme and not terribly accurate.
There were some centuries where the Catholic Church let clergy members get away with all kinds of sexually abusive behavior, but it was always partially or completely on the down low. In modern times the church has seriously dropped the ball in many cases with cracking down sexually abusive priests, but it is in NO way officially considered normal, appropriate or acceptable.

See Catechism of the Catholic Church: 2356 :Rape is the forcible violation of the sexual intimacy of another person. It does injury to justice and charity. Rape deeply wounds the respect, freedom, and physical and moral integrity to which every person has a right. It causes grave damage that can mark the victim for life. It is ALWAYS an intrinsically evil act. GRAVER STILL IS THE RAPE OF CHILDREN committed by parents (incest) or those responsible for the education of the children entrusted to them.” (Emphasis mine)
The catechism is like the catholic encyclopedia of church terminology and includes concise bullet point statements on the churches position on various topics.

I would hazard a guess that the same goes for most Christian sects.
That there are hypocrites and abusers within a religion in no way defines the religion, any more than the fact there are abusers in educational institutions, or any institution. Christian sex abuse scandals are well covered by the media, but if you look you can find cover ups of sexual abuse in Jewish educational communities, in public and private schools, in summer camps and in other such institutions. It doesn’t make these institutes bad or reflect their ideology: it means there are sometimes shitty administrators with fucked up priorities.

Edit: I didn’t realize this comment would go straight to the bottom now it looks super disjointed sorry

Freemage
Freemage

Okay, serious attempt to do an asshole-to-english translation:

“Sombrero Golem”. I suspect that this is a reference to the pinata, which he doubtless believes to be some object of pagan idolatry, in which a mock-beating is used to teach children how to properly perform a blood sacrifice (complete with the subsequent consumption of the innards) when they come of age.

Nym
Nym

These guys love to abuse “Empirical evidence”

Oh yeah Ellesar, I remember reading about that too. I once saw an X-Files episode about that. I was a little disappointed that the show perpetuated that hysteria but I guess it did come out in the 90s.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Freemage

That would make a lot of sense… Still, all these claims that Mexicans desacrate the American flag at EVERY Quinceañera is ludicrous. Also, pretty damn sure nobody puts up piñatas at quinceañeras.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Scildfreja:

I think long grey hair can look lovely. Also short grey hair. Or no hair.

My maternal grandmother had grey hair done up in a bun. When she untied it to brush it out, it came down to mid-calf. (There was a reason she wore it in a bun most of the time.)

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

wwth said

Well, that’s all you know!

I went to my friend’s quinceanera in 1973. They hired a golem for it; 9 ft. high, made of adobe, and the secret magical words were hand-embroidered on the sombrero hatband.

The golem carried the quinceanera girl on a chair around the back yard, then held up the pinata so no one got smacked with the stick. Later on, when we were holed up in quinceanera girl’s room poring over her presents and the adults were drinking beers outside, the little kids got to climb all over it and stayed out of everyone’s hair.

Good times!

eta: that may or may not have actually happened

Haise, the husky puppy
Haise, the husky puppy

Sigh, how many more years will it be for us to tire down in the whole ‘just let women choose what to do with their fucking hair’ debacle?

This twitter kid sounds and acts young and naive. Like a younger Alex Jones.

CleverForAGirl
CleverForAGirl

Are TWAs evil too? It’s not going to be as much fun cutting all my hair off if it’s not evil.

dreemr
dreemr

Drumpf continues to be unwaveringly smooth & debonair with the ladies, telling Mme. Macron that she’s “in SUCH good shape!” and commenting on this again to M. Macron in that “livestock appraisal” way he has about him.

Elsewhere, it looks like Milo the terrible and awful Yiannopoulos is now being sponsored/mentored/supported by equally terrible multi-billionaires Robert and Rebekah Mercer.

The Mercers, if you are unfamiliar, are the people who worked tirelessly (along with the Russians) to bring us President Drumpf.

1 2 3 4