creepy empathy deficit entitled babies evil sexy ladies incel irony alert makeup is a lie men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny rape culture reddit

Incels demand a ban on public displays of affection, also high heels, makeup and female autonomy

Gangsters of love

The Summer 2017 WHTM pledge drive is on! Donate generously to enable our continuing coverage of women-hating women-demanders! Thanks!

By David Futrelle

Never let it be said that Reddit’s incels lack a sense of civic engagement. Indeed, some of them seem to spend a lot of time thinking about things they would like to make illegal. Mostly things that make other people happy.

One brave “involuntarily celibate” fellow recently put forth several thoughtful legislative proposals: Immediate bans on public displays of affection, high heels, and makeup.

Public Displays of Affection should be illegal (self.Incels) submitted 4 days ago by TheEngineer19Truecel, Oxygen Thief and Monster They are truly disgusting, and it is absolutely degenerate to sit there sucking someone's face off in front of the general public. It is also just rubbing the fact that I will never experience love in my face. It's basically the equivalent of dangling a juicy steak in front of a starving Ethiopian kid. Anyone who engages in PDA should be called out on their disgusting behaviour and should be separated from each other for the rest of their lives. It is not fair to torture Incels with the fact that they are so subhuman they will never experience that. If I ever had the oppurtunity to make the laws of my country I would outlaw any public displays of affection, along with high heels and fake-up.

Naturally, TheEngineer19’s colleagues in the incels subreddit concurred, and several suggested new laws of their own.

[deleted] 3 points 4 days ago Women should also have a male escorts who drives for her and watches her When she shops, women should have no contact with men unsupervised.

cheffromgtaV 1 point 3 days ago hell yeah and we'll also encourage forced marriages so that there are no more incels we will rise

I’m astonished that public-minded fellows like this continue to have trouble finding dates.

Tov01
Tov01

What a sad lot they are. They’d be laughable if they weren’t all Elliot Rodgers in the making.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

When you’re so insecure and self loathing you tremble in anger when a couples, triples, quadruples are together…

Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged
Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged

Because it all makes their boners sad, and they musn’t have sad boners. Boners Uber Alles.

Blaming other people is easier for them than possibly coming to the conclusion it’s their detestable personalities that keep them from getting their dicks wet.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

It is also just rubbing the fact that I will never experience love in my face

1)you really need to work on your wording there, pal
2)’don’t remind me of my crushing loneliness’ says the guy on the incel subreddit

we will rise

Nobody wants to hear about your boners, incel dudes…

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

women should have no contact with men unsupervised.

Unsupervised by … whom? He can’t mean “by other men” because the woman would have contact with the chaperon unsupervised by a second chaperon …???

But it’s totally fair to expect the entire rest of the world to revolve around incels.

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

I feel like if women stopped prettiying themselves, these dudes would just complain about how ugly we are and why don’t we do something about that?

E: Also, I hope all these incels are rich or well-connected, ’cause otherwise why would family patriarchs want to marry their daughters to them?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

You probably all already know this, but that’s the exact origin of the “who watches the watchmen” phrase.

It’s from a poem by Juvenal. He comments that his friends’ advice to get a chaperon for his wife is pretty pointless cos she’ll just cop off with the chaperon.

audio quid ueteres olim moneatis amici, “pone seram, cohibe.” sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? cauta est et ab illis incipit uxor.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

I bet $20 that this guy’s used both “Women in Saudi Arabia aren’t allowed to drive!” and “Women in ISIS-controlled countries aren’t allowed unsupervised contact!” as arguments as to why his inevitable Islamophobia is totally justified and “Leftists” are the real misogynists.

Katz

No bet.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

“we should have male escorts”
“islam is harming women with male escorts”
It’s always projection.

Strawberry Wizard
Strawberry Wizard

That’s where that quote comes from?

Bina

Once more, with feeling: And these guys all wonder why they’re single???

Srsly, that much repulsive repugnant regurgitation cannot be good for one’s ability to relate to others.

Katz

I do like the creative mash-up of “dangling a juicy steak in front of a dog” with “there are children starving in Ethiopia.”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ strawberry wizard

Yup. It’s from ‘Satire #6’ who’s title ironically enough is usually translated as something like “Against Women” because it’s pretty much an Ur-example of all the standard MRA misogyny covered in David’s blog. Nothing new under the Sun I guess.

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

@Strawberry Wizard,

Yeah, when we use it to say, “Law enforcement agents are unaccountable to the public,” we’re taking it out of context.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

ETA: just check out these chapter headings 🙂

Satire VI: Don’t Marry
SatVI:1-24 Chastity Has Vanished
SatVI:25-59 You’re Mad To Marry!
SatVI:60-81 Look At Them In The Theatre
SatVI:82-113 What About Eppia?
SatVI:114-135 Or Messalina?
SatVI:136-160 The Rich and Beautiful
SatVI:161-199 Who Could Stand A Perfect Wife?
SatVI:200-230 The Way They Lord It Over You!
SatVI:231-285 They Do As They Wish
SatVI:286-313 What Brought All This About?
SatVI:314-345 The Rites of Bona Dea
SatVI:Ox1-34 and 346-379 And Those Eunuchs!
SatVI:380-397 There Are Those Who Fancy Musicians
SatVI:398-456 And There Are Worse
SatVI:457-507 Endless Beautification
SatVI:508-591 And They’re So Superstitious
SatVI:592-661 It’s Tragic!

Strawberry Wizard
Strawberry Wizard

@ Alan Robertshaw

Jeez…
And he thought that was satire?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

You know what, incels? Separating couples from each other is not going to make women want to be with you. If an r/incel regular was the last man on earth, I’d go live on an island alone with the seagulls.

Seriously. Is there anything anyone does that doesn’t make them mangry?

Freemage
Freemage

Dear lord…. It’s Sad Boner Sharia, isn’t it?

Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew
Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew

So a man who complains endlessly about not having a girlfriend…wants all couples* separated permanently…so that, in the unlikely event of him ever getting a girlfriend, he will be permanently separated from her…so that he will not make the boners of Incels sad…because they don’t have a girlfriend…

My head hurts.

*I suspect he means “straight couples”, but this is not clear from the text.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

The incels’ complaints make me want to snog Mr. Parasol in public more often, but that would probably embarrass Mr. Parasol when we’re grocery shopping.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ strawberry wizard

I’m afraid I don’t know how serious he was. 1980s Catholic school wasn’t exactly a hotbed for feminist critique of Latin poetry; we just had to translate the bloody things. 🙂

If I remember correctly though (doubtful), Juvenal, like Catullus, was writing in response to some of the more respectable poets of the day. The traditional stuff was all about how Roman men were the pinnacle of civilisation and Roman women models of virtue and propiety. So their stance was basically “Fuck off, we’re a right bunch of degenerates, and our women are just as bad”.

I guess all the same arguments about ‘satire’ we have today were just as applicable then. But there are some actual classicists on this site so they’re probably the people to ask rather than my waffling.

personalpest
personalpest

“And while we’re at it, let’s ban compassion and empathy since I’ll never experience those either–not that I care.”

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Oh my gosh. Mangry. Marry me, WWTH, that little word is beautiful.

I was gonna comment on the whole “We want to implement the most barbaric interpretation of Sharia law, but also we think Sharia law is barbaric and evil” thing, but… well, there it is.

What I will comment on is how frickin’ awful that “dangling a steak in front of an Ethiopian” line is. It’s a knowledge of Ethiopia sourced entirely from skipping through television channels of charity infomercials for companies that squeeze as much cash from the wallets of the generous to drop the minimum dribbly-drabs into actual charity work, and the maximum cash into the wallets of the charity shareholders. And it angers me so much.

What do people here think when they hear the word “Ethiopia”? I think of lush rainforest, magnificent high plains, incredible natural wonders. I think of a people struggling to harness real collaboration and industry in the face of foreign colonial powers. I think of Addis Ababa, a bustling metropolis that’s poor but practically vibrating with potential.

There are starving kids in Ethiopia, certainly. And they’re starving because of their economic overlords. The same system that lets that dude stuff his gob with steak while seething about women into the digital void of Reddit is the one that keeps that kid from a good meal. It’s that asshole that’s dangling the steak in front of that proverbial child’s face.

Rgh. I do love Africa, though. I’m increasingly convinced that the future belongs to India and Africa, and am increasingly happy about that fact.

Jurgan

The “forced marriages” comment really sounds like a parody, but you never know with these people.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

It doesn’t sound like a “parody” to me. What makes it sound “parody”-like to you?

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

I wish I could see it as a parody. I’ve long since been disabused of that notion.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Dear lord…. It’s Sad Boner Sharia, isn’t it?

Sad Boner Sharia is now my girl punk band name.

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

It is also just rubbing the fact that I will never experience love in my face

On the one hand, I want to roll my eyes at this guy for deciding that he’s never ever going to experience love in his entire life. On the other hand, given that he wants to control women’s sexuality in order to manage his pathetic insecurities, I hope that he’s right.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Sad Boner Sharia’s first album, Sarkeesian’s Slingshot
Tracks:

Mangry
Incel Repellent
Public Display of Correction
We Hunted The Mammoth
Elevator at 4 AM
Tunnel Vision
More Rational Than You
Big Boy Bulldozer
No Time For You

I kinda want this to be a thing now :s

CleverForAGirl
CleverForAGirl

*squeaks* I NEED this

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

This would be a good incel enraging song

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

I love hate how the first thing is gender neutral (which is meant to not only punish women, but the people who would dare sleep with them), but the other things would punish women and gender-nonconforming/feminine-presenting people specifically.

Like, it’s really fucking obvious who they hate the most here. It’s not the men who they assume are getting laid (with women), it’s the fucking women who they assume won’t sleep with them. (And of course, queer people don’t fucking exist in their little worlds.)

It’s all projections and assumptions all the way down.

Women wear high heels and “fake up” to deceive THEM SPECIFICALLY.

Women fuck with other men to spite THEM SPECIFICALLY.

Women wear revealing clothes to get THEIR SPECIFIC HOPES UP.

Women act like “sluts” to taunt THEM SPECIFICALLY.

Everything feminine-presenting people do is apparently AT THEM. We exist AT them, not alongside them, and that’s part of the fucking problem. They are so CONVINCED that everything women do is either to spite them or to make THEM (or their boners) feel bad, and this makes them feel like they’re being targeted, so now they feel like their only option at this point is to just FORCE WOMEN TO FUCK THEM so they no longer FEEL BAD, instead of maybe looking inside themselves for the fucking problem???

I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

I can empathize a little bit, with the public display of affection stuff. When I was an acne-ridden 15 or 16 year old, I really resented seeing my peers “sucking face” in public. But, not enough to fantasize changing the entire culture, just to accommodate my feelings.

The make-up, or “fake-up”, as they call it…I’ve felt for a long time, that men have been deprived because they couldn’t publicly wear makeup…at least, not without raising eyebrows, or worse. I love the stuff! How awful it must be, to have to go out in public bare-faced, with nothing to boost your ego, not even a little bit.

I digress, but I’ve got some uneven skin tone/blotchiness on my face, and it’s hard to cover, or at least mask it, without the makeup looking too heavy, especially in the summer. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d appreciate it. Laser removal of brown spots is just too expensive.

Ellesar
Ellesar

fake make up

Isn’t ALL make up fake? But yes, I know what he means is that it is fine to wear that ‘natural looking’ make up because without it women are hideous trolls.

Otrame
Otrame

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

That is brilliant. Somebody needs to write those songs and then record them.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

In other news, “Sad Boner Sharia” is the name of my new dubstep trio.

I have nothing new or interesting to say about these losers or their self-inflicted losses. I’ve had a lovely evening with friends and food and conversation.

Of course now I wish I’d indulged in some PDA just on the off chance, but… eh.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

Hrm, looks like we’re going to have to collaborate.

tim gueguen

The “ban high heels” thing is a bit amusing, as some women would probably cheer if they were banned.

Hartwick
Hartwick

I’m not a big fan of public displays of affection either. Viewing them as a personal affront, however, is a level of narcissism I don’t quite get.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

It’s not fair to torture Incels with the fact that they are so subhuman they will never experience that.

I think we may have hit upon one of their problems: how they view themselves.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

adorable orange cat that’s up for adoption, if anyone in the Tacoma area is looking.
two adorable tripod kitties helped by the Special Needs fund

Z&T
Z&T

This guy is calling himself ‘the engineer’? He appears to be sorely lacking in the logic department.

Ban makeup and high heels? Both are things that are engineered.

I am reminded of a friend of mine who told me about a professor she had in school who was also either the head chemist or plant manager at Avon. “Brilliant guy, excellent teacher” – that I remember.

Yes, but go ahead and ban yourselves out of all sorts of potential jobs.

Sounds logical. I wonder what sales and management will have to say about this? In all kinds of biz. Oh, we should stop production entirely and put ourselves out of jobs too?

I’m sure all kinds of people will be lining up to get on board with such profound thinking!

Wow, this guy should call himself The Economist, too!

Z&T
Z&T

This guy is calling himself ‘The Engineer’? He appears to be sorely lacking in the logic department.

Ban makeup and high heels? Both are things that are engineered.

Yes, but go ahead and ban yourselves out of all sorts of potential jobs.

Wow, this guy should call himself The Economist, too!

Karalora

But for Incel God’s sake, don’t ever let it be known that you’re wearing “natural looking” makeup. As we all know, it is a blasphemy against the Tribe of Men that women don’t naturally have flawless skin and thick eyelashes.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Scildfreja, Otrame

I’d be willing to play songwriter, though I’d have to work backwards from the titles–which isn’t oft recommended.

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

@Dormousing_it

I get this. When I was about 20 I had a really bad breakup with this guy I was about 1200% more into than he was into me. For a while, seeing strangers kissing hurt so badly. How can anyone experience love when my one great romance is no more???? I thought. But yeah, like you, it didn’t occur to me that they should all be forced to change to accomodate me. Instead I handled my own feelings by looking away and thinking about other things.

TheKND
TheKND

When I see a couple holding hands or kissing in the park: “Oh, how adorable! A moment of joy in a world of sadness. I’m really happy for them. Hope they are happy!”
When they see a couple holding hands or kissing in the park: “WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!! YOU DO THIS TO SPITE ME!”

Moggie
Moggie

Alan:

SatVI:314-345 The Rites of Bona Dea

Nobody cares about your Bona, Juvenal.

Moggie