alt-right creepy evil fat fatties grandiosity heartiste men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA racism

And the Incomprehensible Racist Gibberish award for this week goes to …

Once upon a time creepy white dudes tried to encourage women to GAIN weight

The Summer 2017 WHTM pledge drive is on! Donate generously to enable our continuing coverage of creepy Nazi dickweasels! Thanks!

By David Futrelle

The former-pickup-artist-turned-racist-shitgibbon James “Heartiste” Weidmann has long been a reliable producer of nearly incomprehensible gibberish. But he’s outdone himself with a little rant he recently appended to a post attacking a dude for coming to the defense of his overweight girlfriend online.

The gist of it, as far as I can tell, is that white dudes should continue fat shaming white women mercilessly, lest our glorious white race split in two. But somehow he makes this awful idea even awfuller by stretching it out over two gloriously incoherent paragraphs. You may need a stiff drink after reading this:

What we are witnessing is the rapid evolutionary split of White America into two racial classes, the El-Aloi (pure White and jewish-hybrid globorace) and the Mudlocks (LSMV fat White chicks slapping a saggital-headed horde of mystery meatballs from the comfort of their Walmart cruisers). Some argue this is best for the White race, because a culling of the dregs further purifies and focuses the minds of the milky cream at the top. I disagree. Allowing and even celebrating the racial jettisoning of our worst kin instead of resisting the broken society that encourages their defiant retreat into depravity will have upstream effects that will reverberate for generations, infecting every member of the race from bottom to top.

The best solution is ending the female obesity epidemic so that a vast blight-wing enstupidation doesn’t take hold in our homeland and despoil the natural beauty. Maybe the day will come when we have no choice but to sever ties with our unlucky kin and kith, but for now there’s still time left to ennoble our worst to aspire to something better. But it won’t happen if our currently operative noblesse malice isn’t replaced soon by a return to noblesse oblige.

Yes, he did just say that harassing white women about their weight is a form of noblesse oblige.

I’m sure he said even worse elsewhere in the rant, but with prose this terrible it’s hard to tell.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

My wife is 50 lbs. overweight by her own standards — she was quite fit when I met her (which was on a 20-mile dayhike across the central White Mountains), but she was never thin. Her biggest problem is that she doesn’t particularly like hiking alone, and when my feet started to go bad she was collateral damage. My concern is that she has a history of back and knee problems, and extra weight doesn’t help. Her problem is NOT overeating, it’s just that she doesn’t get enough exercise. She’s retiring from her sedentary job next week, so hopefully I’ll be able to get her out in the yard and onto the trails next door.

We were talking a couple of days ago about the physical demands on the women in farm families, and I think the key issue is that we evolved as a species in circumstances where most people of both sexes did a lot of physical labor but had little access to the sorts of highly processed foods with concentrated calories that we have today. In additon, until the last century or two in developed countries, famines were a more or less common fact of life, so the ability to store calories as fat against the day when food might not be available was important to survival. Naturally skinny folks would have been at a serious disadvantage in a famine — perhaps victims of natural selection.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe there is a point where a woman stops ovulating when her body fat falls below a certain level. That would be another reason why women in particular have a tendency to gain weight — a potential pregnancy that might kill her if she didn’t have a built-in supply of calories.

So the real problem is that we are designed to get fat if we have the opportunity, but that turns out to be a disadvantage in the world we live in now. And evolution isn’t going to change that anytime soon.

CleverForAGirl
CleverForAGirl

Grumpy, I think it would be great if we could all find movement we like and won’t murder us. When I was living with my ed in high school my period stopped, which was frankly the least worrisome side effect for me.

I am all about eating healthy and getting some movement. (Even if it’s baking bread and puttering around the garden) It’s just really been driven home, as a fat person who exists in public, that a lot of people want to suggest stuff that could straight corpse a person up, so I just tend to keep my nose out of other people’s eating and movement unless I have a valid reason to ask. (Like dietary restrictions, accommodations for my chronically ill friends, that sort of thing. )

Violet The Vile
Violet The Vile

re race mixing and eventually everyone will look the same: that isn’t what would happen. It’s really fascinating actually [*HONK* genetics nerd alert]

Basically, because of individual genetic variation you will still get dark-skinned and light-skinned people. You can see it in places that are fairly racially homogenous, ie if you are looking at white people you get some people who are blonde and some who are very dark. The same goes if you are looking at black people. There are even cases of mixed-race twins where you have one twin who looks “white” and one who looks “black”, even though theoretically they have the same genetic makeup. Skin colour is controlled by a number of factors and there are many different genes involved. We’re never all going to be the same colour. Not that it would make any difference to anyone at all if we were.

In other news, I enjoyed this first dog on the moon cartoon today.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ cleverforagirl

Eat 500-700 calories a day

Unsurprisingly you’ve lived up to your nym and, along with others here, said all that needs to be said. But perhaps I might be forgiven for pointing out that those ‘recommendations’ are actually lower than the calorific intake of inmates at Auschwitz-Birkenau.

*Warning for medical reports on concentration camp prisoners*

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Grumpy

I was somewhat disappointed by the mildness of your rant…

Spoons are limited, not every rant is angry, and, regardless of temper, I try to start relatively civil with non (or unconfirmed) trolls. Say some more bullshit tho, and you may get what ask for…

How’s that?

Strict laws against micegenation wouldn’t have been needed if it wasn’t something that would have naturally happened without the prohibition

There’s laws in Kansas against establishing ‘Sharia law’. Bigotry is not a means, it’s the end. Racism for racism’s sake is more than strong enough to outlaw something that ain’t happening

Also, those laws started as prohibitions against marrying slaves. Cos, if you married a slave, you’d be less likely whip your wife to death in a cotton field. Something which was very much encouraged. It was spread to free blacks later. The goal is to keep black (and indigenous and Asian and…) people as second class citizens. Fuck it, black folk couldn’t even marry each other. So, nope, don’t at all buy the ‘anti miscegenation laws were enacted due to actual fear of mixed babies being born’ hypothesis. Especially cos you don’t hafta marry your slave to make her have your children. Marriage is a civilized institution, they’re uncivilized, ipso facto. Simple as that

Cleverforagirl
Cleverforagirl

I was told 800 a day for auschwitz, lol believe me that wasn’t lost on me. My poor love had to listen to me rant about it after the incident. At my *most* disfunction I managed 900 cal/day.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

I have friends who do a diet that involves 500 calories per day for a 2-week “starvation” phase, followed by ~800-1000 per day for three weeks after. They were warned to not do any exercise for that period of time because they would pass out, and by the fact that they would get light-headed from exertions like standing up or walking more than a few feet, I believe it. They also take progesterone, under the impression that a tiny drop taken orally twice a day is enough to convince the body to burn fat.

They started this diet maybe five years ago, and of course it worked – you lose weight when you starve yourself so drastically. They put the weight on after a few months, though, and have now settled into “doing the diet” twice a year or so. (He does the full diet, she just does the “third stage”, which is basically avoiding processed sugars and lots of carbs)

I’ve tried to suggest to them that they’re destroying their livers and ruining their metabolisms, and that progesterone is metabolized in the digestive tract so it’s impossible for a couple of oral drops to have any meaningful effect, but he’s a Highly Rational Person and can’t be convinced that he might be wrong for love or money. She at least has been pretty sensible about it all.

I worry for their health! But at the same time I’m coming to realize that he’s gone well down the red-pill rabbit hole, and there’s not a lot I can do to convince him otherwise. My worry is for his wife and newborn child.

That’s my story! Sorry for the diversion. So many diets are horribly damaging. The best diet is one my brother and sister-in-law are on. There’s a food plan involved, but it’s basically just instructions for people who don’t know how to cook. There’s no regimen of eating, exercise or whatnot. Instead? There’s a counseling session every week with someone who’ll listen to you and help you meet your goals. They’ll keep you motivated and positive as you go for it. It’s so darn good. I wish that was the typical model for diets, not this snake oil that’s everywhere.

(I myself am skinny as a rail to the point of being unhealthy, so my dietary problems are sort of inverse, but I can still be upset for the sheer inhumanity of it all!)

Ellesar
Ellesar

Loathsome sentiment amplified by writing style so painfully florid and pseudo intellectual. It might be funny if I could actually read it – but it is rendered unreadable by the mangling of the English language.

I am pretty sure he doesn’t WANT fat white women to be less fat. Extra reasons to hate us are always sought after at Chateau Fartiste.

That he is fat himself is no surprise. I was first fat shamed by a fat boy at the age of 12. I wasn’t even fat – just some belly fat on my developing body.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

The traditional Japanese diet is quite healthful, and food has never been all that abundant, so few older Japanese are fat. But with the growing popularity of the Western eating habits, you see progressively more fat people in younger age groups. But what about sumo wrestlers? Sure, they eat a lot, but that’s not the whole story.

According to this article – here is what a sumo wrestler does to get fat:
Skip breakfast. By depriving their bodies of food after eight hours of sleep, their metabolic rates stay low.
Exercise on an empty stomach. …
Take a nap after eating. …
Eat late in the day. …
Always eat with others in a social atmosphere.

If you are on a very low calorie diet, you might end up doing some of the things that help sumo wrestlers get fat.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

This is pretty much how I lost 66 Lbs. All you have to do to drop weight is stop taking processed sugars and replace rice with potatoes. That’s about it.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

That’s a pretty universal statement you’ve made there. I’m sure you have data to back up that this is all anyone has to do.

kupo
kupo

@Alan, Clever
There was talk of starvation studies earlier. I had remembered the Ancel Keys study being 1400 Calories per day but looked it up just now and it was 1560. I remember reading at one point that such studies are no longer able to be conducted because of the psychological damage done to the participants causing it to be inhumane. I can’t find a reference now, though.

History Nerd
History Nerd

Awhile ago, Donald Trump started a Multi-Level Marketing company that promoted a pseudoscientific weight loss diet. You eat one “light” meal per day and 5 food packets throughout the day at 2-3 hour intervals. Each packet is around 70 calories to 150 calories, so 5 packets plus 1 meal is probably closer to starvation than a healthy caloric intake for weight loss. The starter kit has 8 weeks of packets for $1,325 and then you pay $29.50 for each box of 7 packets, which means you’re paying $4+ for each 70-150 calorie snack (definitely not a good deal for the amount of energy, plus spending over $600 per month to buy food for one person, and similar diet food is probably much cheaper at drugstores).

Besides that, The Trump Network sold a service in which a clinic analyzed your pee (for $140 the first time, $100 for additional tests every 6 months) and sold you customized vitamins based on your pee analysis ($70 for a month’s supply of custom vitamins). Needless to say, you can probably get a 6 month supply of vitamins at a drugstore for $20 or less.

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

Well that’s just magnificent. I’m sure everyone who has ever wanted to lose some weight will be so happy to learn that you’ve found the magic bullet. 🙄

CleverForAGirl
CleverForAGirl

Ok folks, deep breath. Great! Repeat after me

“Long term weight loss is impossible most people. It is not a failure to not be a statistical outlier”

Bina

Now why am I not surprised that Donnie even tried to rip off people with a stupid fad diet scheme?

Oh yeah. It’s because the man can’t even fart without trying to turn an obscene profit off it.

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

GrumpyOldSocialJusticeMangina- You are 100% correct about having too little body fat causing ovulation to stop. In fact, it causes periods to stop altogether. This is called amenorrhea. It is like temporary menopause. It happened to me. I over exercised and under ate to the point where I did not have periods for over a year. I have osteopenia as result (a very mild case, thank goodness. Just on the borderline between healthy bone density and osteopenia). I have to take daily calcium and vitamin D supplements now.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@MissEB
Somehow missed your delurk (redelurk?) a few threads back. Obligatory, but heartfelt, anime hug gif:
Welcome back! 😀

Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal
Croquembouche, poorly-dressed vandal

Oh good, we’ve reached the ONE WEIRD TRICK TO MELT YOUR FAT!!! bit.

From personal experience, chemotherapy that makes you unable to hold food down long enough to digest it works, too.

And for stubborn areas, radiation therapy can atrophy your fat and muscle till it is wafer thin.

Not everyone’s metabolism is the same, Diego. Calories are not the only nutrients in food, ability to absorb nutrients differs between people and over time, and metabolisms adjust to changing inputs.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
comment image

Welcome back to the comment threads!

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

The bit about the rice and potatoes confused me. Is rice a Bad Food now, and potatoes a Good Food?

There was a period when my former aunt wouldn’t eat rice or let her children eat it, but that was when she declared that white foods were Bad Foods, so she wouldn’t have had potatoes either. Or cauliflower.

JS
JS

“No white food” is meant to prevent cannibalism of the white race! or something.

ETA: time to turn back on the spell-checker. Forgot how to spell cannonball

Cleverforagirl
Cleverforagirl

Replacing all starches with potatoes is actually a really great way to make me a young widow, but um. . .thanks?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

There was a centipede in my bedroom again tonight.

Cleverforagirl
Cleverforagirl

@wwth, nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure

DES
DES

Native French speaker here: wtf is “noblesse malice” supposed to mean? I suspect Barfiste doesn’t even know the actual meaning of “noblesse oblige”.

kiki
kiki

For the attention of Mr Weidmann:

I beg your indulgence, sirrah, but you appear to have some manner of lexicological tome – to wit, a compendium of synonyms and antonyms – lodged deep within your posterior fundament. I pray you will avail yourself of the services of a reputable physic, that he may attend to its extrication forthwith.

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

Axecalibur and Ooglyboggles-
Aaaawwwww. Thanks guys! 😄 It’s very good to be back. 😁

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

@JS

Oh dear XD! It was more serious than I ever knew! And here I had thought it was just some obnoxious snotty rich person fad diet.

@ WWTH

There was a centipede in my bedroom again tonight.

Noooooooooooo

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

Sometimes I really miss the fat-o-sphere. It seemed to dissipate around 2011 or so after Kate Harding moved on from her wonderful blog Shapely Prose.

It was there I learned about Health at Every Size (HAES) and I’ve been working toward that ever since. Also, it was one of the few fat-o-sphere online spaces which didn’t tolerate the body-shaming of anyone, fat or thin. I think it might have had a bigger commentariat than Pharyngula, which was huge at the time.

Shapely Prose wasn’t solely a fat blog, though. It was the place where the Schrodinger’s Rapist essay was guest posted in 2009 and blew up the internets.

dreemr
dreemr

@wwth – I’m with @cleverforagirl, you have to nuke the house from orbit.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Apparently we should all be keeping caterpillars as pets (not convinced)…

Newt
Newt

I found some cinnabar caterpillars while weeding the garden. Though they’re pretty (and the moths even more so), I’m content to leave them outside. Hopefully I didn’t just remove their food source.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Newt

Hopefully I didn’t just remove their food source.

Yeah, I read in a book once they get very hungry.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Good book, that. Very moreish.

Ledasmom
Ledasmom

Saw a tiger swallowtail and a black swallowtail on the zinnias at the park yesterday, along with miscellaneous small butterflies. I love watching them feed from flowers. Also many glorious dragonflies.
Once while camping with my mother we were in the middle of what I can only call a swallowtail-storm. There were literally thousands of them, just unbelievably many. We used to camp at altitude, a mile or so up, and I assume the shorter frost-free season makes for the greater number of butterflies at one time.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

@MissEB47, welcome back <3

I think that little creepy crawlies are fascinating but I completely understand the squick factor. You may ask them to come to my house, I will set up some bug plants for them to munch on, if you don't want them around.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

My family is participating in a program organized by the local children’s hospital. Both my husband and the son who lives at home (he’s sixteen) have been diagnosed as prediabetic. The program, “Food as Medicine”, provides us with weekly deliveries of fresh vegetables and whole grain products, suggestions on how to use them, and guidelines on healthy portion control.

Last night we had big bowls of tofu and vegetable curry on rice noodles, with homemade flatbread. Alan Robertshaw, I thought of you – it was their first time having swede* and vegetable marrow in curry.

The goal isn’t swimsuit bodies, but not having to go on insulin. Apparently, potatoes are strongly discouraged, due to their high glycemic index. Rice, brown rice, lentils, quinoa – all good, but gosh do I miss potatoes. Our son has a summer internship at an urban farm, so he’s getting to be more active than he was during the school year.

Although I do almost all of the food preparation for the family, I’m the smallest one by both weight and volume. The doctor overseeing the program commented on my bloodwork that she wasn’t used to telling people that everything is within normal range.

*Known as rutabaga to USA people.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Most bugs don’t bother me. I actually even love spiders. But there’s something about centipedes that really bother me. Too many legs. So many creepy legs. They skitter. If you kill one, sometimes their legs separate from their body and keep moving on their own. And they’re a really ugly color too.

The only other thing that scares me are wasps because they’re aggressive and territorial. But they don’t give me that same visceral fear and disgust reaction that centipedes give.

When I finally got to sleep, I had centipede nightmares all night 🙁

Valentine
Valentine

I always lose weight when i am working because alcohol prohibit. Then i gain little bit back when i at home again because of drinking and good food and good sleep. I dont change anything else. Honestly i think i work harder in the gym at home because i can sleep longer than 5 hours so i have energy. But makes no difference. I always gain at home 😁 but you must accept your body does what is natural…i more afraid at sea when i become too skinny because that means i am stress.

History Nerd
History Nerd

As Taylor mentions in her article, the distinction between Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) and a pyramid scheme in US federal law is subtle. In MLM, people pay recruitment fees for the right to sell a product and make commission, as opposed to a normal sales job in which you don’t pay recruitment fees.

The (potential ableist slur)Watch* article Taylor links to goes into Ideal Health’s history before Trump’s association with it. Ideal Health apparently had a high degree of financial risk for distributors compared to other MLM companies. The company persuaded distributors to spend thousands of dollars (presumably in business loans) to make infomercials and broadcast them on local TV, but the infomercials failed to increase sales to cover the cost.

* I think the word means “fraud” in context, but some people associate it with mental illness. I don’t think Stephen Barrett is trying to demean people with mental illness.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

Actually, there’s been a push over the last few years here in Toronto to plant milkweed to help bring back monarch butterflies, including some people who are providing milkweed seeds.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Area Man Complains About Feeeeemale “Obesity Epidemic” Using Bloated Prose Padded With Excessive Adjectives

I don’t generally mind bugs either, but I know what you mean about centipede legs, WWTH. There’s something about the busy, pulsing way they move that’s a little nauseating. I also get the heebie-jeebies when spiders have leg muscles.

The other day I saw what I think was a ginormous leech at a local frog pond. It was about 6 inches long, flat and transparent, with spots on the back, and casually undulated its way underneath the dock I was standing on. I couldn’t nope out of there fast enough.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

There have been more butterflies here in Oakland California lately; it’s a lovely thing to see.
Years ago, I saw part of the monarch migration in San Francisco, out by Land’s End. Monarch butterflies are amazing up close; they look like tiny animals, instead of insects.

Yes, I know that insects are animals, but I hope my sentiment was intelligible.

(This is a good example of something I love about this place; we spin the sour, moldy straw of the OP into a golden discussion of healthful eating and the aesthetic merits of various insects).

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

I am and have always been the designated spider-catcher (and putter-outerer using the pint glass and stiff paper method) in our household, and I’ve loved having the chance to hold a tarantula and hold snakes … but I’ve also been known to drop everything I was holding and make a less-than-dignified noise while jumping a mile when startled by a cockroach running over my hand. I suppose it all depends on how big/small and how fast and unexpected the Terrible Creature is 🙂

ChimericMind
ChimericMind

For the record on a question asked a bit ago: “Morlocks” are the original H.G. Wells creation. The “Murlocs” of WoW were fish people named in tribute to Wells, and incidentally became sort of mascot mooks for the series with several lovable, cute ones, turning the whole thing on its head.

PteroNychus
PteroNychus

“the El-Aloi…and the Mudlocks…”

*facepalm* Jesus Christ, he’s appropriating the species from The Time Machine for this crap.

I get the feeling he saw the movie from the 70s where the Eloi were lazy teenagers that just needed to be motivated. I haven’t seen the more recent adaptation but from what I have seen they at least kept the Murlocks backstory. The 70s version actually infuriated me with how oversimplified the morality was.

And I don’t think either keep the part where the time traveler keeps going into the future trying to see the end of the world. The Earth and other life just keep going and doing it’s own thing millions of years into the future. It just drives the point further that humans and human culture does not matter and the universe does not care. Maybe not quite an original idea these days but for a British person of that time period it’s kind of a slap to the face.

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

Scildfreja-Thanks! 😀

Kerlyssa
Kerlyssa

@Robert

Monarch butterflies remind me of lazy birds. They are so massive that their flapping doesn’t seem the flutter of a regular moth or butterfly, but more like the wing movement of a bird.

Ledasmom
Ledasmom

We have these lovely long-legged delicate spiders in our house, and I keep having to move them downstairs due to a husband who’s not a fan of the crawlies. I swear they’re trolling him now; I’ve found them by the toilet, on the bathroom sink and, just yesterday, hanging above the couch where he sits.