a woman is always to blame advocacy of violence aggrieved entitlement chad thundercock empathy deficit entitled babies grandiosity incel men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny rape culture reddit

Reddit Incel threatens hunger strike until the government gives him a girlfriend

Gandhi: Also went on a hunger strike for a girlfriend, or something like that

The Summer 2017 WHTM pledge drive has arrived! Click on the button below to send along some cash so this site can survive! Thanks!

By David Futrelle

The “Involuntarily Celibate” Redditor who calls himself Insale thinks that all he and his fellow incels need is for the media to pay a little attention to the lack of a party in their collective pants. Once the women of the world see their sad plight, Insale thinks, they will presumably line up for the opportunity to cure incels of their perpetual celibacy.

If not, well, maybe Insale will go on a hunger strike until the government steps in to issue him a girlfriend.

Anyone know how to get media attention? (self.Incels) submitted 1 day ago by insaleOptimistic I would like to have someone do a news coverage for me. The issues of inceldom and female hypergamy need to be revealed to the masses. And if I don't get a girlfriend after that, I will go on a hunger strike. I will livestream my strike until a girl gives me the relationship I need. Surely the government has to step in right? Will they provide me a companion or what? Gandhi did the hunger strikes and they were effective so why can't incels? Especially with modern tech, the news would spread faster. People from all over the world would be tuning in our live streams and maybe there's someone out there that would be willing to love and be intimate with us.

Insale’s colleagues on the Incels subreddit have not exactly been impressed by his plan.

“You’ll just be a male anorexic,” declared one commenter. “Maybe they can send you to a treatment facility and you can get rejected by the anorexic Stacies.”

“They would just laugh at you,” added another.

On the exceedingly unlikely chance that Insale actually goes through with his plan and women are indeed inspired to sign up for his offer of love and intimacy, I would strongly suggest they take a look at his comment history first. Even a cursory examination suggests that Insale’s ongoing celibacy is not the result of a lack of media exposure. It might have a bit more to do with the fact that he likes to openly fantasize about bashing women’s heads in.

Here he is offering his opinion on a YouTube video in which a woman discusses her depression.

insale 11 points 1 day ago  I want to beat her skull in and show her what real depression is when I put her in a vegetative state.

He had a similar response to a YouTube video of a different woman discussing her social anxiety.

insale 18 points 2 days ago  I want to bash her head in for faking mental illness.

Then again, he thinks all women with mental illness are faking it.

insale 1 point 2 days ago  Women can't be lonely, sad, depressed, mentally ill, humans, smart, loyal, faithful, respectable, or INCEL. Women can be whores, sluts, prostitutes, property, items, livestock, possessions, cum buckets, sex dolls, or maids.

He’s also a strong believer in “discipline” for women.

insale[S] 9 points 2 days ago  Women need to be disciplined by a proper man.

He’s also not a big fan of “femoids,” by which I think he means “feminists.”

insale[S] 0 points 22 hours ago  Femoids deserve to be punched and beat at any chance. They are not humans. Objects don't have emotions.

Naturally, he manages to see himself as the real victim.

nsale[S] 5 points 2 days ago  Society doesnt want me to be happy. I'm not good enough to be smiling. Society treats me like a subhuman.

Indeed, he thinks the government should step in on his behalf, hunger strike or no, by forcing women to have sex with him and other incels.

insale 1 point 3 days ago  Not having sex with incels is a violation of human rights. Women should be jailed for crimes against humanity

Nonetheless, he insists — at least when he is posting outside of the incel subreddit — that he is actually quite the gentleman.

insale[S] -4 points 2 days ago  Why don't I get partners? I respect women believe me. No one respects women more than I do.

Insale, like most of his fellow incels, vehemently rejects the idea of seeking professional help for his problems, dismissing therapy as a “scam” and defending his vile comments online as a form of therapeutic “venting.” In fact, even by his own admission, his exposure to the incel community online is making him angrier, more hateful, and less hopeful about the possibility of improving his life.

Indeed, several days ago he declared that the subreddit had “ruined” him.

insale[S] 9 points 2 days ago I dont know man. The nature of female behavior that I've read on this sub has completely polluted my innocence. I used to believe girls were innocent, sensitive, lovable human beings until i stumbled upon this sub and started getting influenced. permalinksavecontextfull comments (107)reportgive gold I fucking hate this sub but I can't stop coming back to read more. It has ruined me. by insale in Incels [–]insale[S] 5 points 2 days ago I would do anything to suffer from amnesia and forget everything I've learned about female nature. I'd rather live a false reality of a blue pilled cuck than be miserable black pilled incel without any hope.

The incel ideology pretty much poisons everything it touches. Media attention isn’t going to solve your problems, guys; the only way you can move forward is to free yourself of the incel community and its noxious, hateful, and self-destructive ideas.

FYI: Despite the references above to r/incels being banned by Reddit, it hasn’t been. Periodically the mods of the subreddit set it to “private.”

Ellesar
Ellesar

This is exactly what happens. For some reason there are many who believe that venting is positive, but it has been shown to be thoroughly negative, even when not reinforced by others.

This little dudebro sounds like a drama addict and is completely self obsessed – his self starvation idea sounds exactly like a 3 year old who threatens to hold their breath to get their own way.

A typical product of the Manosphere.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

You know what would work even better than a hunger strike?*

Punish us all, good and hard, by staying the hell off the Internet. Make us miss you. We deserve it for being free and enjoying our lives as we see fit.

*Seriously, dude, the government is not going to “give you a companion”, because one, fuck slavery and two, you’re not a zoo animal.**

**I can tell, because you’re not even remotely interesting.

Freemage
Freemage

Calling incel ideology the ‘black pill’ really is one of those bizarrely self-revelatory things, isn’t it? I mean, I see a black pill in a movie or cartoon, and my mind immediately assumes it’s dire poison, and storytelling tradition generally carries that out.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

He’s also not a big fan of “femoids,” by which I think he means “feminists.”

‘Femoids’ refers to women generally.

It’s preferred by some incels over ‘female human organism’ (or ‘FHO’); which of course is only used by ‘fakecels’. The heresy being the acknowledgement that women are human.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

Hashtag Ravenclaw
Hashtag Ravenclaw

Okay, so — this is a bit of a personal thing to admit, but I’m a straight male virgin at the age of 28, mostly due to my social anxiety making it hard to make friends (let alone girlfriends). I guess, in a sense, I am “involuntarily celibate”, in that I would like this state of things to end but just find myself lacking the courage to get out of my comfort zone. Hell, even using dating sites makes me anxious.

But try as I might, I reaaaaally don’t get those “incels” who demand pity sex.

Maybe I’m just prideful or something, but who the fuck is desperate enough to look explicitly for pity sex? Who wants to sleep with a person who doesn’t love and/or respect them? Do incels objectify women to such a point that they no longer care what a woman truly thinks of them, so long as she puts out? I know that if I were offered sex by a woman who clearly just wanted to make me feel like less of a loser, I’d be downright insulted.

No handouts, please. I’ll have sex once I’ve put in the “work” (social/romantic interaction) to make it happen. I’ll have sex once I’ve made someone actually want to have sex with me.

C.S.Strowbridge
C.S.Strowbridge

Am I a bad person if I hope he starves to death?

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

I mean, I guess it would matter what women think of them if they thought women were human beings. As it is, though, no, I don’t think they do care.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Isn’t “No-one respects women more than I do” a Trump quote?

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I am admittedly cranky this week ‘cos I’ve been busy dealing with some notPetya cleanup (not my company, but our biggest competitor got smacked and we’re taking on new business), so I have no sympathy right now for anybody who thinks they are owed sex. I got a couple dozen hospitals needing my help. My sympathy is for them and their patients.

ETA: Okay, I have sympathy for the genuinely lonely who are trying and have respect for potential partners. But not the whiners.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

@Scented Hard Fucking Chairs – yes, the whole thing after “why don’t I get partners?” is a Trump quote.

covered in cat hair
covered in cat hair

Have none of these guys EVER heard of a thing called “prostitutes”? They would seem to be the answer for a horny guy who is not in a sexual relationship, or has trouble finding one. Or do these special snowflakes just want top-grade (their rating) virgins?

Tov01
Tov01

He probably won’t make it more than a few hours before he starts demanding sandwiches

@Scented Fucking Hard Chairs @Iseult The Idle
I thought that sounded rather Trump-ish. Must have wanted to imitate his dear leader.

Otrame
Otrame

@Hashtag Ravenclaw

We don’t virgin-shame on this blog. And I like seeing someone who is “incel” who understands where the problem really is.

I have had trouble with social anxiety problems since I was a young kid, so I know what you are dealing with. Getting into college and working gradually forced me to learn to deal, but it wasn’t easy. I have a nephew with the same problem. I can’t afford to get him to a doc, and he works at a fast food place because a cousin helped get him the job and he can’t even think seriously about looking for a better job. If you have health insurance, try getting some therapy, and probably some medication. Social anxiety can be helped a lot with SSRIs and similar drugs.

I wish the best for you.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Sweet Maple Moses, what the heck. I mean, that just makes me nauseous. I can’t even. They’re all just so angry that they haven’t gotten their magic pixie girlfriend who will love them no matter what, and how very dare we all for not discarding our inherent humanity to conform to whatever their whims or desires might be. How very dare.

Insale, honey, sweetie. For serious. You’re so close to the right answer here. The r/Incels subreddit is poisoning you. Their perspective is a tiny sliver of actual experience, and you think it’s the whole world. Because you keep going back. Because they’ve hooked you. Get out.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

@#Ravenclaw, you are a good egg! Please don’t give up on yourself. Otrame has excellent advice. You’re worth the effort you will expend in improving yourself – every penny and every second of work is worthwhile! Never feel bad about spending time in self-reflection and self-improvement. If you ever need or want help, don’t hesitate to reach out if you feel comfortable doing so. We’re on your side!

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

I find it amusing that MRAs are usually libertarian and hate “statism”, “socialism” and anything that does not entail aggressive corporate boot-licking, yet they have not qualms about government and oppression when it’s aimed at women.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Wah.

Hashtag Ravenclaw
Hashtag Ravenclaw

@ Otrame and Scildfreja: Thanks, I guess, but I’m not here to fish for sympathy or advice. I’m just describing my own experience to compare it with the unhealthy attitude shown above. I’m bewildered that anyone with a modicum of self-respect would demand pity sex.

Incels often show a weird mix of narcissistic entitlement and deep self-loathing.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Hashtag Ravenclaw,

Thanks for sharing that. I get pretty sick of incels, other manospherians, and misogyny apologists claiming that their misogyny is caused by their loneliness and sexual frustration. The implication being that it’s women’s duty to give them love so they don’t hurt us. It really is good to have the counterpoint out there.

ETA: Didn’t see your second comment until after I posted, so apologies if it seems like I’m harping on about it.

C.S. Strowbridge,

I would say yes in many circumstances, but not this one. This guy sounds like an unholy blend of Elliot Rodger and Government Gets Girlfriend. I’d rather he starve himself to death than go on a shooting spree and kill other people any day.

Nanny Ogg's Bosom (Formerly LostInLindsey)
Nanny Ogg's Bosom (Formerly LostInLindsey)

Oh dear, how sad, never mind. Nobody owes anyone anything.

Insale can get knotted. This woman (at the moment, it varies, I’m genderfluid) knows exactly what severe depression and anxiety feels like. I’ve never wished to smash someone’s skull in so they can experience the pain, because I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

I’m 34 and a virgin, mostly because major social anxiety and lingering doubts about anyone who professes to like me due to school bullying. I don’t spend my life on the internet whining about how awful people are because they won’t have a sexual relationship with me (I’m pan) and demand that the government give me a partner. I try to be a decent person and actually do stuff with my time, like write novels and create embroideries. And garden. I develop relationships with people based on love, and mutual respect; it’s called friendship. Incels should maybe give it a try. It might even help those with genuine mental health conditions (I’ve found the mutual support of others with my medical conditions very beneficial) and the incels who are entitled brats might get a sense of perspective.

And if they’re so horny it hurts, they can always have a wank.

Haise, the husky puppy
Haise, the husky puppy

Guy: “Why won’t women be with me?”, “No one respects women more than I do”

Same guy: “I want to bash her head in”, “Women can’t be mentally ill. They’re all lying. Only men are mentally ill”, “Women must be controlled by men”, “All women are either sluts, maids or property”, “Women are not human”

An incel with a sick entitlement issue is complaining that women frequently stay away from him?

comment image

Seconding Virgin Mary – no sympathy here.

Chaos-Engineer
Chaos-Engineer

That’s the intent. It’s an extension of the metaphor in “The Matrix”.

So “to take the blue pill” means “to see the world as society tells you to see it” and “to take the red pill” means “to see the world as it really is”. “To take the black pill” means “to see that it’s not possible to live a meaningful life in the world as it really is, and also to see that it’s not possible to change the world.”

I’ve been watching this evolve, and it’s really quite exciting! Working with nothing but pulp sci-fi, children’s cartoons, and each other, they’re making progress towards recreating Existentialist Philosophy from scratch! I’m curious to see where things wind up. They might eventually find their way to some variant of Stoicism or even Humanism. But that’s probably too much to hope for.

PreuxFox
PreuxFox

I thought women were supposed to be the entitled ones, according to these guys. But he thinks if he throws a big enough fit, the government will give him whatever he wants?

I also think the way he talked about a woman “giving [him] a relationship” was strange. It’s like the relationship is not a relationship with that woman, but instead something separate from her that she just holds hostage. I guess this makes some sense, he hates women so much, surely he wouldn’t want to be in a relationship with one? So he thinks of relationships in the abstract instead of as a relationship with a real human being who is a woman?

Makroth - wild west firecracker window-smashing soap-averse unionized cowboy Jacobin from Hell

Oh, i’m sure that women and governments and government women will be moved to tears by his plight.

I wonder how long his strike would last? A day? Less?

History Nerd
History Nerd

I’ve heard people use the term “sociopathic” to describe incel-ish thinking and behavior (using the term to describe attitudes and behavior, not to give a clinical diagnosis). They feel like they’ve missed out on something major in life and it’s other people’s fault, so their anger and hostility leads to the antisocial behavior, which can range from unpleasantness to committing crimes.

Sometimes a therapist can help the person see that those attitudes harm the person’s self-interest (though, again, it’s not a personality disorder or any mental disorder). But the person usually completely rejects any possibility of seeking professional help. Maybe there’s hope if a therapist knows to immediately pounce on the issue when some guy starts complaining about how women won’t have sex with him, at least if he’s had those attitudes for a short amount of time.

JS
JS

MGTOW Relationships…

Yep, to them it’s the woman who has the power to give the relationship to the man. It’s not a mutual thing at all. Most of them are convinced that their problems with relationships are all because women control the relationship switch (which is somehow “sex, or no sex”). And yet, they want women to be under their control in the relationship itself.

If they could get their heads around this essential conflict within their own desires, they wouldn’t be so gung-ho incel/MGTOW

Gijoel
Gijoel

I wouldn’t give this guy a dog, much less a girlfriend.

yzek
yzek

>>Have none of these guys EVER heard of a thing called “prostitutes”?

… and we praise #Ravenclaw for saying:

>>” I’ll have sex once I’ve made someone actually want to have sex with me.”

Curiouser and curiosuer.

Y.

Nequam
Nequam

@Gijoel: I don’t think I’d trust him with a pet rock.

epronovost
epronovost

@JS

I think many of them are aware of that internal conflict. What they oppose is the idea that their partner might have an agency, a will of her own and the capacity to make decisions. That’s why so many of them dream of cutting the ”nanny State” and prevent women from gaining alimonies in case of divorce. The idea is to negate the idea that a relationship might involve something else than a power relationship in which they have clearly and permanently the upper hand. What many want is not a girlfriend or a spouse, its a personnal use only prostitute. A normal prostitute isn’t enough because she can still say no and make a living without them.

JS
JS

Instead of suggesting prostitutes, It would be better to point out the many “girlfriend substitutes” that are readily available from shops that sell interestingly shaped rubber, leather, TPE, and silicone items. Even amazon.com sells such things, so perhaps they are popular?

ETA: not meaning erponovost was suggesting that.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Yzek,

What is your point?

It’s pretty clear that this Insale character doesn’t care whether or not women actually want to be with him. He’s hoping that the government will enslave women to provide incels with companionship, for fuck’s sake. They don’t want women to want to be with them. They want women to be subjugated. They resent women for being able to choose our sex partners. It’s not hypocritical for us to be nice to Hashtag Ravenclaw because he’s not at all comparable to the miscreants on r/incels.

Personally, I don’t think incels should go to sex workers though. What did any sex worker ever do to deserve a client who thinks she isn’t human?

JoeB
JoeB

Chaos-Engineer: I doubt they’ll be recreating the works of Marcus Aurelius* (among others) hateful whining on the internet is about as far from stoicism as I can imagine.

*Also because a common interpretation of what we have on Aurelius life is that he was asexual, fairly disgusted by sex and did it just to try to fulfill his duty of producing an heir…

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

I hope someone “does a news coverage for” Insale; then there will be more people to ‘point and laugh to him.’

It’s the perfect clickbait; draw in viewers with the ridiculousness of it, shock with the demand for a government-provided companion, then disgust everyone with his commenting history. Boom. $$$!

Ooglyboggles

Would it kill them to use a fleshlight, lube and porn?

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

I think that Yzek protests to the line

I’ll have sex once I’ve made someone actually want to have sex with me.

which I can understand! In isolation it’s not a great line. In context, though, it’s pretty obviously just a poorly-worded form of “once I’ve got a relationship with someone who wants to have sex with me.” I can understand the distaste, and perhaps you should check out your phrasing, @#Ravenclaw! Not a great way to put it!

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

“They would just laugh at you,” added another.

Yes, I’m pretty much laughing at the idea of someone going on a hunger strike until the government dips into the Strategic Girlfriend Reserve and ladles him out a companionship dispenser.

Don’t confuse MRAs with incels. They may seem interchangeable because they both hate women with every fiber and harp on women constantly and to the exclusion of all else, but they have some minuscule differences that put a tiny bit of daylight between them.

Hashtag_Ravenclaw
Hashtag_Ravenclaw

Agreed. You put it better than I did.

EverythingIsRidiculous
EverythingIsRidiculous

Oh, well. If he dies he dies.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

I wonder if yzek would care to comment on Insale’s contradictory “Nobody respects women more than I do” and “I want to beat her skull in” and “I want to bash her head in”?

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Hashtag_Ravenclaw

Damn straight, although I’d add to that: who wants to sleep with a person who doesn’t feel love, respect, and/or lust towards you? Any one of those will suffice for me, but the absence of all of them? Ugh.*
I don’t think it’s “prideful” at all to be repulsed at the notion of pity sex.
*with the exception of sex work, obv, as it’s work and there’s a contract involved; ergo, a totally different scenario.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

So, I was talking to my mom about a theoretical possibility: essentially, robot-powered socialism (without mentioning that last word because…it’s my mom). In the future, robots make all the things and do all the things, and humans are left to create as they will.

But would that imply sexbots provided for these folks? Would they even bother with them? Would they complain that it’s not a real woman, no matter how advanced they are?

Questions, questions–perhaps best left for the next thread.

JS
JS

Ah, like the Federation, where everything is done by “magic” and “repair and preventive maintenance” never happens. Might happen in a generation or two, but I doubt we’ll get to robot-powered socialism while politicians can’t even agree that “health care for everyone including poor people who can barely afford to live” is a good idea.

Perhaps the mid-term backlash (if it materializes) against Trump will help?

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@JS

True. It’s all quite disappointing, but there’s no way one person can force it. That said…someone has to start it all.

Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew
Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew

I do actually feel some sympathy for this guy. Most “Incels” are your basic entitled, woman-hating dick. This one reads to me as having utterly out-of-control self-hatred and zero self-worth. He’s fallen in with a reeeeeeeeally bad crowd, and projecting his pain and rage in a way that will attract that crowd’s validation.

I’m not a mental health professional, nor do I play one on TV. But I’m a teacher who’s had a lot of experience with desperately self-hating adolescents, and that’s very much the vibe I’m getting.

I’m strongly reminded of my son’s meltdowns when he was little. He would begin with a standard toddler tantrum over some bullshit, but the emotion would spiral out of his control and suddenly he was smashing things, terrified and hysterical but unable to stop. Fortunately, he grew out of this as he learned to better manage his emotions.

I hope this kid gets the help he needs…otherwise this is definitely a spree-killer in the making.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

That’s … not actually different from other incels.

BS and his two, soon to be four, fluffy kitties
BS and his two, soon to be four, fluffy kitties

He expects big government to take care of his needs but also probably voted Republican.

Bina

@Gijoel:

I wouldn’t give him a fleshlight. Or, ahem, his own writing hand. He’d be too dim to know what to do with it anyway.

History Nerd
History Nerd

MRA’s are only really “libertarian leaning.” They don’t like certain views right-libertarians have, like right-libertarian opposition to police states and restrictions on free speech.

1 2 3