alt-lite alt-right andrew anglin anti-Semitism daily stormer fake news harassment literal nazis memes men who should not ever be with women ever racism threats trump

Daily Stormer threatens to “track down” children of CNN staffers in wake of so-called #CNNBlackmail

Andrew Anglin of the Daily Stormer

By David Futrelle

See correction at end of post.

The neo-Nazi internet tip sheet The Daily Stormer is warning CNN employees that itstroll army will “track down” their parents, siblings, spouses and children in an act of revenge against the network for its reporting on the racist and anti-Semitic Reddit memester who made a gif depicting Donald Trump body-slamming a man with a CNN logo for a head that achieved internet infamy after Trump himself retweeted it a few days ago.

What’s pissing off the Stormers, and the all-too-familiar assortment of internet deplorables (and bots) behind the #CNNBlackmail hashtag, is that CNN, which hasn’t publicly named the memester, says that as a news organization it retains the right to publicly identify him in the future.

Yep, that’s right: a bunch of dudes who have no problem doxxing or threatening to dox people they don’t like is mad at CNN for not actually doxxing someone. And neo-Nazi hacker Andrew Auernheimer, aka weev, seems to be the angriest of the bunch, his fury initially driven in part by false reports that the memester was 15 years old. (He is in fact an adult.) And so in a post on the Daily Stormer he rallied the troops for what he sees as a righteous campaign to force CNN “to taste their own medicine.” Although it isn’t the “same medicine” at all.

After presenting CNN with a list of ridiculous demands that no real news organization would ever meet — including firing all the journalists vaguely connected to the CNN story and setting up a $50,000 college scholarship for the racist memester — weev declares

If you do not do this, we are going to be tracking you down just like you tracked him down.

You are fake news, and we are the real media. As journalists, we have the right to track people down and seek comment on your criminal associations. We now have jackboots on the ground in every major metro area in the world.

We are going to track down your parents.
We are going to track down your siblings.
We are going to track down your spouses.
We are going to track down your children. Because hey, that’s what you guys get to do, right? We’re going to see how you like it when our reporters are hunting down your children.

We are going to seek comment from them all, because you are fake news terrorists engaged in a seditious plot to undermine our President and the 63 million people who voted for him. HanAssholeSolo was a private citizen, but none of you are. We are going to see you brought to account for this, because that’s what real media does: expose criminals.

The difference being that when real real reporters “seek comment” from someone, they literally seek comment from them. When Stormers and their alt-right pals “seek comment” from people it usually means the targets of their “questioning” get sent a lot of death threats and oven memes, an impression Daily Stormer publisher Andrew Anglin doesn’t exactly dispel with his own post filled with an assortment of violent anti-CNN memes, including one featuring the heads of assorted CNN journalists pasted onto photos of Jews in a concentration camp and another one of CNN’s Andrew Kaczynski, the author of the offending story, warning him to “sleep with one eye open.”

Weev goes on to inform

Any CNN employee that does not want to be tracked down alongside their families will have one additional week to quit CNN and denounce their act of blackmail against a private citizen. After that, it is game on.

Do you understand what is coming? This is going to be ironic punishment. You are going to have the exact thing done to you that you’ve been doing to us for ages. You have an easy chance to stop this, so don’t say that we don’t play fair, and don’t pretend you didn’t have it coming.

We didn’t make these rules – you did – and now we’re going to force you to play by them. Hope you enjoy what is coming, you filthy rat kike bastards.

Kill yourselves, kike news fakers. You deserve every single bit of what you are about to get.

Lovely.

CORRECTION: This story originally attributed a Daily Stormer post to the site’s publisher Andrew Anglin; it was actually written for the Daily Stormer by neo-Nazi hacker Andrew Auernheimer, aka weev. Anglin posted his own threatening post later.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

We are going to track down your parents.
We are going to track down your siblings.
We are going to track down your spouses.
We are going to track down your children

It’s almost as if a presidential candidate espousing the extrajudicial murder of family members of ‘bad guys’ and deriding the media as evil has fuckin consequences…

our President and the 63 million people who voted for him

*cough*butnotthesixtyfivemillionwhovotedagainsthim*cough*

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

Hey look! A really sweet kid who is donating his birthday money to the Tacoma Humane Society!
His name is Wilson. A single one of his hairs is worth more than Anglin and his little menagerie of wannabe badasses ever could be.
comment image
comment image
comment image
comment image
The money will be used to vaccinate and treat homeless kitties.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Oh, FUCK YOU, Anglin, you puffed up, self-important piece of shit.

“You have no power here. Now begone.”

Nequam
Nequam

Shorter Anglin:

comment image

Steampunked
Steampunked

God bless you, Good Kid Wilson, also you have a birman cat and birmans are as if someone went: ‘I’m going to design the best value cat in the world. It will be genetically beautiful, gentle, robust, AND easily trained.’

I have shelter kitties now, but birmans are just amazing cats. I had a series of them for a while, and they usually seem to live to their early twenties.

Sister Bat'leth of Rational Discussion
Sister Bat'leth of Rational Discussion

Well, that’s a credible threat. All it will take is one attempted violent act against any of his named targets, and his ass is grass.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

Absolutely. It’s well known that every serious journalist wears jackboots. And has those boots on the ground.

Brenda Starr had the cutest jackboots ever! That said, I’m sure that Andrew Anglin and his friends also have attractive jackboots.

We are going to seek comment from them all.

Oh, certainly. Legitimate journalists “seek comment” from all and sundry. And their jackboots are very, very shiny while they seek comment.

Anglin [warns] Andrew Kaczynski, the author of the offending story, . . . to “sleep with one eye open.”

Yes, that is the way that grown-up journalists act. It’s their way of complimenting another journalist.

Do you understand what is coming? This is going to be ironic punishment. . . . You have an easy chance to stop this, so don’t say that we don’t play fair, and don’t pretend you didn’t have it coming.

Andrew Anglin is merciful indeed to allow CNN employees another week to throw their careers into a garbage can and denounce their employer, the wicked, wicked network called CNN.

It’s totally standard operating procedure for the big-kid reporters to mention how they didn’t make the rules, the subjects of their soon-to-be-written story did.

Kill yourselves, kike news fakers.

If Brenda Starr said this once, she said it a million times. And
there is no way that law enforcement could come down on Anglin and his friends for simply suggesting that the subjects of a story take themselves hence to the afterlife sooner rather than later. No way at all.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

…Jesus H. Christ.

I’m just going to describe my breakfast plans for tomorrow.
My dad’s girlfriend made toasted open-faced sandwiches with ham and turkey. Two went uneaten. So what I plan to do is tear them up, put them in a greased bowl, add egg (and salt and pepper and cheese), stir it up, and nuke it.

Boom. Egg sammie you eat with a spoon.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

I posted a comment that is awaiting moderation . . . because (I assume) I quoted David quoting Andrew Anglin.

Snort.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Trump’s America, where agencies dedicated to fighting white terrorism has been defunded and white supremacists are constantly given the wink wink nudge nudge to feel like they can commit these acts without worry of consequence. Yay…

But it’s the Internet therefore IT’S JUST A PRANK BRO

Totally not fascist its economic anxiety

Hexum7
Hexum7

Can somebody please explain to me why this doesn’t scare the hell out of you people?

Yes, I understand that anglin is a wanker with no real power or influence, but the problem is, the people who do allow him to influence them are a bitter lot of mentally challenged ( perhaps due to inbreeding) flunkies.

Would it really be unexpected of at least one of them, inspired by their not-so glorious leader to tracked down and harmed a family member if a CNN employee? I mean, seriously- people though Eliot Roger was just a borish big talker

And , if that happens, to the family of just one reporter, it will, kid yourself not, have a chilling and damaging effect on freedom of the press.

I feel like I’m living in a nineteen thirties Superman adventure- that’s how seriously over-the-top evil and proud of it these creeps seem to be to me

Laugher at Bigots, Low-T Inbetweener Weener

mentally challenged

I think you may want to review the comments policy.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@Hexum7

Andrew Anglin and his plans do scare the hell outta me.

That doesn’t mean I can’t have fun at his expense.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Hexum7

It’s still possible to laugh at Anglin and be scared of the fact that current events make cowards like Anglin feel like they’re in power and untouchable at the same time.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Could I get a verification of something?

Did Anglin write this, or weev? Because the linked article is attributed to weev.

And if it *is* weev, it’d be best if David changes attribution in his post, because, yanno. We don’t want our Cat God to be accused of shoddy journalism.

Bina

KITTIES!!!! SQUEEEEEEEE!!!

Ahem.

Just thought you might like to know, someone’s doxxing the doxxers. Anglin & Co. are gonna have a fun shitfest on their hands before too long.

And however one feels about doxxing, one can’t deny that these ratbastards deserve whatever they have coming by now.

Carry on.

AngryWarthogBreath
AngryWarthogBreath

Chainsawsuit put this whole business quite well.

“I’m not a bad person!”
“Okay, but aren’t you curious as to why when you do anything, bad people seem to get all jazzed?”
“Oh, that’s just a coincidence that always happens.”

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@Bina

I . . . That is . . . Er . . .

What a shame.

Bina

@Kat:

Is that a note of sarcasm I detect?

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

comment image

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

Bina: As a bastard for the first few months of my life (until my adoption went through), and as a person who once kept pet rats and has some sympathy for rodents in general (which doesn’t keep me from keeping cats to eat them), I wish to officially manifest my resentment for your referring to human waste like Andrew Anglin as “ratbastards.” It is both speciesist and (though indirectly) an implied insult to the morals of my birth mother. /s

Bina

Oh dear. I HAVE stepped in it, haven’t I.

comment image

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

@ Bina

I cannot celebrate, and yet neither can I mourn.

JS
JS

“Scare me” personally, no, not really, as I’m not a journalist, nor do I work at CNN. I’m unlikely to ever see AA anywhere. Mr. Dis InfoWarz, I might see and laugh at.

I’m seriously annoyed with people who threaten journalists and families with violence (“seek comments” yeah, right) for the terrible thing of possibly pointing out which specific person the article was about.

Most places where journalists are frequently threatened, harrassed, or otherwise harmed, are not wonderful places to live.

Not sure why, but the old Bene Gesserit “Gom Jabbar” method of determining “humanity” came to mind while considering this.

Ikarikid the Dumb
Ikarikid the Dumb

And in the end, it will be like the opposite of the Turner Diaries…right?

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

You are fake news, and we are the real media.

Such journalistic ethics!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ bina

someone’s doxxing the doxxers.

What I find amusing is that thing where they attempt to feign sophistication (or is it just being a grown up) by posing with pipes and whisky bottles. Of course Nazism has always been a refuge for the insecure and inadequate, so I probably shouldn’t find their desperate over compensation surprising.

Sheila Crosby

For these peopl,
Fake news = annoying to Nazis.
Truth and reality have nothing to do with it

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@Bina

@Kat:

Is that a note of sarcasm I detect?

Occasionally a tiny bit of sarcasm creeps into what I say.

This may have been one of those times.

I just hope I’m not asked to resign my post as ambassador because of this faux pas.

misophistry
misophistry

Some kind of lawsuit would seem to be the thing to do – I’m sure CNN will have some lawyers handy.

Still Fiqah
Still Fiqah

So I had to do some research on White supremacists on the internet last year. Learned way more about these fucknuggets than I ever could want to know.

Something interesting I learned is that Anglin used to be a violent, rage-filled liberal. Yep. From the top of his dreadlocked head to the tips of his organic hemp socks. You can read about it a little here.

Meanwhile, I really want someone to offer a $10,000 reward to anybody who can deliver an actual, unaltered photo of Anglin with dreadlocks, so I can put it next to his quote about how “fun” and “addicting” it is for White supremacists to pretend to be Black on Twitter and post that shit EVERYwhere.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

“We will research and question the shit out of you!”

I imagine at some point Trump’s handlers advised him to stop directly retweeting “certain people” because connections like that give the “fake media unfair rhetorical leverage”.

So when Trump saw one of “those people” tweeting a real badass anti-CNN meme from Reddit, he himself tweeted it cleverly without attribution. That meme alone made him look immature and petty enough to gain some national attention.

The CNN dug out the meme author, who again turned out to be one of “those people”. Not very big news as such, actually, but…

Now Those People are loudly making threats and noise, defending Trump’s right to not be openly associated with their Reddit accounts. Also, defending their own right to not be openly associated with their own Reddit accounts.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Still Fiqah,

That link was a most interesting read! Thanks for sharing.

@Arctic Ape,

I had to read that a few times, but yep… sounds about right.
I think 😀

Dodom
Dodom

Was the “he’s actually an adult” fact found on his facebook page? I clicked the link but the article only mentions the fact, not how it was found out, and a chat I go to have a few members who, while not ill-intentioned themselves, are likely to believe “Both extremes are just as bad look how the left just doxxed a CHILD!!! so sad! SO SAD!!!” and I’d like to have something solid to answer them.

Entity447B
Entity447B

In their analysis of the poster’s virulent habits, the ADL says that indications in his other posts suggest he’s a 40-year old veteran and parent, though they don’t go into further detail.

(Also, hi there. Long time lurker, first time poster…)

This Handle is a Test
This Handle is a Test

It’s not going to get more clear than this as they didn’t release his Identity. Thus it *cant”* come from his Facebook page. So they didn’t dox him and you can tell the false equivalency…folks (I wanted to use a different f word but I’m being nice) that thus by definition they didn’t.

Fabe
Fabe

So whats suppose to be the blackmail element in this affair ?

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

@ still fiqah

yeah, interesting about Anglin…. Looks like his younger self had a bad case of “… look at mee!… everybody, look at meeeeee!!!…. In his current drivel, as well as in the drivel of many of his like-minded contemporaries, I see a lot of that.

Hexum7
Hexum7

I apologize for using the term mentally challenged in my comment. I did not mean to imply that people of low IQ are any more likely to be part of the deplorable crowd than any other. What I meant is that people who lack basic critical reasoning skills will be easily influenced by someone who presents an easy and unsophisticated solution to a perceived problem – in this case, harrass, or worse, people’s families.

And, not just journalists, mind you, but anyone employed by CNN or any other outlet declared to be “fake news”.

The president has already usurped the principle of free speech by claiming that he would ( or, would not, but could) dictate to the Enquirer whether will print certain articles.

And, yeah, I find it terrifying that kind of blackmail is even allowed. Are there no laws against threats of personal injury to an entire group of people? To the press? There must be. Why are they not being evoked? Who will be the next tablets is this is allowed to stand? Reporters who write positive stories about gays or Jews?

mrex
mrex

RE: CNN Blackmail

Here’s what CNN said that started the whole thing;

“CNN is not publishing “HanA**holeSolo’s” name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.”

CNN.

So, CNN pieces together this guy’s identity from personal info they gleaned off of his account and comparing it to facebook pages. They get in contact, hansassholesolo expresses fear for his personal safety and that of his family. So far so good.

Then CNN agrees not to release his name, and releases a PUBLIC STATEMENT that they won’t release his name as long as he is a good boy and behaves. WTF?

How the fuck is this ethical? CNN is (reasonably) upset that people will take *asshole’s videos literally and attack journalists. But then they release a statement threatening to release a man’s name (and expose him to violence) if he doesn’t behave a certain way, and then bitch and sit in wonderment that their statement is taken as “threatening to dox”?

Irony.

As to the neonazis that responded to this by threatening the families of CNN employees, there are no words. When the fuck are we going to start taking incitements to violence on the internet seriously?

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

memester

David, why?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Please fuck off, Mrex, nobody likes you and nobody buys that you’re on the Resistance’s side.

JS
JS

Allow me to remind certain folks…

HanA**holeSolo is not a 15 year old. CNN says “He’s an adult”. While some people would then claim “CNN doxxed him more!”, others would realize “not doxxing a child” and shut up about that part.

Our President (I use the term loosely) has done much worse to people who say bad things about him. Lawsuits, news interviews, tweets… Why so much hate for CNN, when the Tweeter-In-Chief has personally done much worse…

This seems to me a reasonable response for CNN, given they didn’t actually name him, and showed him that it was easy to determine who he was with just a little effort. If he continued to post threat videos featuring CNN, what other recourse would they have?

This Handle is a Test
This Handle is a Test

Yep, in mrex’s world CNN would have no recourse but to accept the threats. No, naming someone (either as part of a criminal or civil action) is entirely justified and allowable when someone take aggressive action towards you.

mrex
mrex

@SFHC

Oh yes because CNN isn’t getting a bunch of criticism from THE LEFT for this.

I’m not fucking off and you don’t speak for everybody. I gave the background info. People are free to agree or disagree. When a journalist does something so beyond the pale that he gets shit from both sides, it should be noncontroversial to bring up here.

@Handle

My criticism is that they *didn’t* name him, but threatened to do so.

JS
JS

mrex, your interpretation of this incomplete background material is seriously flawed. CNN hasn’t doxxed him.

You are leaving out the explanation CNN gave for saying it that way the first time.

You don’t seem to want to accept criticism either.

mrex
mrex

Let me restate this; releasing his name is fine. Sueing him is fine. Listening to his fears about his family’s safety, and then *threatening* him with that is not fine.

But I’m done here. Have a good day peoples.

Edit: JS, yes the statement where didn’t *intend* to threaten him. Just like asshole’video didn’t *intend* to threaten CNN.

Because intention is everything.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It’s actually pretty difficult in the US to get in trouble for inciting violence. He implied the threat of violence, but did not come and say it.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@mrex
Giving someone a benefit under condition is not the same as a threat.

1 2 3 5