creepy friend zone memes memesplaining men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny nice guys rape culture

Creepiest “Friend Zone” meme I’ve seen in a long time

Wait, what?

And this is why the notion of the “friend zone” is so damn toxic.

The comment below the meme seems pretty accurate to me, though.

H/T — r/GamerGhazi

Gr8Dane
Gr8Dane

Well at least the guy got half of it right. Using girls for sex is psychologically damaging

So progress……😕

Michael Brew
Michael Brew

“Waaa, waaa, valuing me as a whole person whose company and conversation you enjoy is just as bad as me valuing you only as a sack of meat I can ejaculate in!”

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

At least 1st comment also says this is creepy

1 step forward 2 steps back

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

So, according to these assholes, friendship doesn’t actually exist, but is some commodity to be “used”.

Fuck off.

Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major
Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major

I bet the fucko who wrote that would be really mad if I invited him to have sex with me.

“why feeeeeemales not want have sex with meh?

Not u tho”

kupo
kupo

So whoever wrote this meme doesn’t have any male friends they’re not willing to have sex with, right?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

No no, it’s not friendship, it’s friends. Don’t use guys for friends. If you know a dude with the complete box set of Friends, don’t pretend to be his buddy just so you can borrow it and break up with him after. That’s really not cool, y’all…

Also, is there another good term for ‘end a friendship with’ other than ‘break up with’? People assume it’s a erotoromantic deal, and I’d rather have some clarity. I do so despise lexical gaps like these

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

I do not think that there is one single word in that ‘meme’ that the author actually understands.
“Using” – nope, they don’t understand what it means.
“Psychologically damaging” – ditto.
“Sex” – uh uh, no way*.
“Friends” – see above, x 1000
“Guys/girls” – nope, nope, nopitty nope.

I concede that they have used ‘for’ and ‘is’ correctly, on a purely technical level.
*Clarification: in saying they don’t understand “sex” I am not implying they are a virgin; I mean that they only view sex as a mechanical transaction or zero sum game.

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

Wait what? I love my female friends like sisters. I would feel damaged if I didn’t have female friends.

Diptych
Diptych

FUN HAT FACT: The term “fedora” doesn’t actually appear in literature very often before the late 20th century. When such hats are mentioned, it’s often descriptively – e.g., “soft-crowned hat”. It appears that those who wore hats as a matter of course weren’t so bothered about giving them names.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Wasn’t Fedora a woman in a book or something? Svengali springs to mind. Or was that Trilby?

ETA: Not quite

So why am I thinking svengali? Ah well, it’s very hot here. My brain’s probably melting.

EETA: Ah, that was Trilby

Diptych
Diptych

Svengali was Trilby, but Fedora was also a woman in a book, yeah.

Tosca, Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew
Tosca, Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew

I have no idea what this meme maker is on about. He* doesn’t have any friends who are girls. He has girls he hangs around creepily, who give him ALL the side-eye and team up with their friends to make sure they’re never alone with him. No female friends, no friend zone. No friend zone, no problem.

*It’s an assumption on my part that the maker of this meme is a cishet male; I think you’ll agree it’s a reasonable one.

Gr8Dane
Gr8Dane

Also if the asshat acknowledges it’s wrong to use women for sex then by default that just leaves friendship on the table. But that’s wrong too. So women and men are just not supposed to have anything to do with eachother at all.
My head hurts

Aunt Podger, Ketchup-Spewing Feminester
Aunt Podger, Ketchup-Spewing Feminester

So, not at all, if everyone’s above-board with their intentions and there is no coercion involved?

@Alan Robertshaw: :rimshot:

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Dane

There’s non sexual, romantic relationships as well. But, yeah, this little shit probably wouldn’t acknowledge the existence of such, so…

Aunt Podger, Ketchup-Spewing Feminester
Aunt Podger, Ketchup-Spewing Feminester

@Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger”

“You’re not my real mom! You don’t even exist!”

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

comment image

Austin Loomis

On a lighter note, while I was reading about Fédora Romazov at the Wikipedia link provided by Alan, I decided to see if there was a “literal fedora with arms” (and legs and torso) character on Lidsville, and it turned out there was: Mr. Big, Hoodoo’s right-hand hat. Except he’d be ashamed to be thought capable of a post like that.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Can I ask you all an unrelated to this post question?

Does anyone have the HBO add on with Amazon? If so, does it properly stream their shows at the same time as the TV broadcast without trouble? Does it have all the same movie options?

The HBO Now video player gives me all sorts of problems both on my notebook and my Fire stick both and with the latest update it’s practically unwatchable. The Amazon video player almost never gives me trouble. So I was thinking of cancelling my HBO Now subscription and getting the Amazon HBO add on.

Anyone have thoughts? It’s very important to me that I get to see Game of Thrones ASAP when the season starts next month. I suppose it can’t hurt because there’s a free trial with Amazon HBO and I can always go back to HBO Now if need be. I just thought I’d ask around before going through the trouble.

Sister Bat'leth of Rational Discussion
Sister Bat'leth of Rational Discussion

@ Axecalibur: I think we can just borrow the common term from social media — “defriend” or “unfriend” (I’ve seen people use both). If necessary for clarification, add “IRL” or “in meatspace”.

Bina

Hello, Houston? We have a false equivalence…

kupo
kupo

@Tosca

There are plenty of misogynistic women who believe in the friend zone, sadly. I know we haven’t heard much from JudgyBitch lately, but I’m sure she’s still out there threatening feminists with crossbows and there are plenty of others like her.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

(tl/dr: fuck them, I’m not going there)

I have friends who are women. I call them “friends” (note, I also call them sisters, buds, etc. I also call at least one of ’em for coffee probably once a week or more) Some of these friendships I value, some I cherish. I really don’t think any of my friends are “using me for [a] friend[]”, tho I never really thought about it. Just tonight I had two friends and an acquaintance tell me I am very important in their lives. They’re all in intimate, romantic, likely sexual relationships, none of ’em with me. I’m not in an intimate, romantic relationship, tho I would like to be in an intimate, romantic relationship.

My point is this: my relationship status (in-cel, single, between relationships, not-with-anybody-right-now, or what-the-fuck-ever) has no bearing on any of my friendships and it should not have any bearing on any of my friendships. It is NOT the “fault” of any of my friends, it’s not something that even HAS a “fault”.

I have a particular friend who is a very leftist feminist… you’d like her…. We go for coffee and discuss intersectional oppression and more. I get emotional intimacy and intellectual intimacy in these interactions. Very gratifying, very fulfilling. I can’t get this from any of my men friends, simply because none of them are this committed and informed on these subjects.

According to MGTOW philosophy I’m not supposed to value this kind of interaction because there’s no sexual intercourse involved. I think that is, well, I have a lot of adjectives in mind but I’ll just say I think it is a degree of shortsighted selfishness that I have no use for.

These men (assuming, but I believe it is a good assumption) have forgone any possible relationship with women and instead spend their days in miserable hatred… because of a choice they themselves have made.

ETA: @Sister Bat’Leth, “in meatspace”. LOL, not heard that!

Helix_luco
Helix_luco

So this guy thinks that women go around telling men that if they hang around and be friends enough they might get sex? Or, he just thinks he’s justified in assuming that he can buy sex from any woman he pleases but without any of the things that characterize transactions between equals, like explicit and openly agreed upon terms. Does he go around trying to buy other things in his life while keeping the exchange a secret from the service provider?

It would make me feel a lot better if when grocery shopping he hid random barter goods of insufficient value in the shelves and tried to walk out with groceries while giving the cashier a meaningful look. At least it would be consistent, you know?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Bat’leth

“unfriend”

Don’t I fell silly now? 😁

Venice
Venice

both of the examples given in that post are just men trying to use women for sex though. just because the latter is more successful, doesn’t make the attempt any less abhorrent

its not “women using men for friendship”, it’s “men using ‘friendship’ for sexual gain”

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Goddamn it. Goddamn it all. Fucking piece of shit Republicans. Assholes. Every last fucking one of them.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

Psychological damage?

Since when has the manosphere been concerned about psychological damage?

They’re out to inflict psychological damage on women — and really, really proud when they get the chance to do so. They live to harm women — through name-calling, harassment, forced childbearing, assault, rape, economic inequality, and more.

No sad message against a background of pink hearts will make me forget that.

Hu's On First
Hu's On First

But what about the guy who makes friends with a woman because he has the ulterior motive of eventually hooking up with HER friends? Who is doing the exploitation there?

Bina

OT? I’m not sure, but I’m gonna drop this here:

Dick Coughlan has gone all the way off on Laci “Red Pill” Green. Who, I think, HAS been psychologically damaged by her redpiller boyfriend. (Not that there weren’t hints of her vulnerability to it before; her transphobia comes to mind. Ironic how she’s so “open-minded” toward literal Nazis, but not toward people who don’t identify with their birth-assigned gender…)

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

Bina | June 21, 2017 at 9:14 pm
Hello, Houston? We have a false equivalence…

It’s the kind of false equivalence that you use as an exercise to teach debate students what the term means for the first time.

It’s just so fucking blatant, that you can’t help but guess that that’s the one that you’re looking for, even with little to no knowledge of what the term is.

But, go figure that TrilbyBros would go so far as to nail themselves to a cross to get pity because Stacey wouldn’t fuck them after they opened the door for her and kinda listened to her a few times and maybe bought her a drink.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Fake meme. Men can’t be psychologically damaged because only females have emotional emotions (mostly hysteria). Duh. Also when you use a girl for sex she is used up i.e. consumed, and the same for guys when you use them up for friends. How can you be psychologically damaged when you have dissipated into heat and energy hello start making sense soon meme maker.

Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major
Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major

@IP

fake meme

bigly sad

Moggie
Moggie

I suppose dismissing the concept of male-female friendship makes more sense if you don’t think of women as people.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

*stares for a few seconds*

*smashes banjo*

The Lurker
The Lurker

@Axecaliber

I am feeling so attacked right now

Michael Lindsay
Michael Lindsay

Laci Green just did a Thunderf00t?

Bloody idiot!

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

@ PeeVee

mount c C:\System\Users\Brain

cd\comprehend

C:\Comprehend SenAHCA.exe

Reading…

WARNING: Result “It’s Actually Fucking Worse?!” falls outside known possibilities
Abort, Retry, Fail? R

Abort, Retry, Fail? A

BS and his two fluffy kitties
BS and his two fluffy kitties

Seems like victim-blaming to me. “I can’t distinguish between romantic interest and platonic friendship and therefore you are deceitful”.

Sigh. Again this is me at 18 or 19.

Rei Malebario
Rei Malebario

I need my female friends as well as my male friends. Sometimes more. Like, when I ask all my male buddies if any can help me move some stuff for my mum and they all make weird excuses about having to pick up kids from school or suchlike. Then it’s just handy to have a some loyal woman friends with no children. Especially if one of them is a 6’+ rower and basketball player.
And my girlfriend likes her and thinks she’s fun. (She is!)

Valentine
Valentine

Honestly, i have lots of friends who if i think very sexy)))) But strange i can still friends with them? Perhaps true friendship about more than sex? Who knows? Not this guy anyway…i need to tell my friends that they abusing me by being friends with me.

Well traditioned female
Well traditioned female

@Gr8Dane

So women and men are just not supposed to have anything to do with eachother at all. My head hurts

Uhm, many a deeply conservative culture springs to mind? (Saudia Arabia, Afghanistan et.al.)

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Are all hats named after women?

I quite like the idea that there’s an Amelia Pith-Helmet out there somewhere.

Bakunin
Bakunin

What the fuck, Laci. I wish Pervocracy was still going, Cliff wouldn’t stand for this shit.

On the subject of Friends, this sounds like something Ross would have said.

helix_luco
helix_luco

dang, i haven’t been paying attention lately, i had no idea laci turned into an ass. what a shame, some of the stuff she did before seemed ok.

…except for the part where she recommended putting cloves of garlic in your vagina if you have trouble with yeast infections. maybe she was always a little overly credulous.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Venice & Hu’s On First:

I bet this is a self-identified NiceGuy, who thinks “using girls for sex” is what “Chads” do when they have casual hookups or end relationships leaving the girl somewhat emotionally sore. He probably believes in conservative myths about promiscuity being emotionally damaging to women, while he personally would never imagine leaving a woman if one was providing him sex. Women only want companionship, which is fungible, and NiceGuys are so much better than Chads at providing companionship, they have honestly deserved their sex.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Re: Laci Green
What!?!? I’m shocked, SHOCKED, to find that a white feminists turns out to be a White Feminist!?!? And EQUALLY shocked to learn that, met with a severe enough validation differential, a White Feminist is actually a self serving reactionary when the chips are down. I don’t know anything anymore…

Lea
Lea

Isn’t Dick Coughland is a p.o.s. too though?
His treatment of women hasn’t been stellar, if memory serves.

BaronJenks
BaronJenks

Are all hats named after women?

I quite like the idea that there’s an Amelia Pith-Helmet out there somewhere.

Amelia’s fierce rivalry with Isabella Panama was the talk of the gossip pages throughout the 1890s!

1 2 3