allegedly false accusations alt-lite alt-right anime nazis drama kings homophobia matt forney men who should not ever be with men ever men who should not ever be with women ever pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles richard spencer twitter

Alt-right fractures as former allies accuse leaders of sexually exploiting teen boys

Matt Forney: The alt-right is “aiding and abetting sodomites who groom teenage boys”

By David Futrelle

White supremacist blogger Matt Forney certainly picked a dramatic way to announce he would no longer be affiliating with the alt-right. In a Facebook posting several days ago, which he subsequently deleted, Forney declared that the internet-enabled fascist movement had become “a coven for homosexual pedophiles.”

Repeating accusations from a podcast that he said had been proven “100 percent true,” Forney charged that self-declared “fashy faggots” associated with the website The Right Stuff were

using … pool parties (IRL meetups) to groom teenage boys into sleeping with them, which [one alt-rightist named] Ghoul did to a 17-year old … at the Chicago pool party. Oh, and Ghoul had been grooming this poor kid since he was 15.

Forney said that others associated with The Right Stuff “knew what Ghoul was doing but didn’t say or do anything.”

Meanwhile, Lucian B. Wintrich of the far-right Gateway Pundit blog has been using Twitter to publicly question alt-right celebrity Richard Spencer about his alleged “degeneracy” — seemingly basing his “reporting” on DMs from second-hand anonymous sources.

In other tweets Wintrich gives up the pretense that he is practicing journalism entirely:

It’s worth pointing out that the “evidence” here is vague and second-hand, and that even if these charges are true it’s not clear that the accused have broken any laws. We don’t know the ages of the “younger men” referred to by Wintrich’s source. As for the “pool party” referred to by Forney, the age of consent in Illinois is 17, so Ghoul’s alleged sexual encounter would have been legal — if skeezy as hell.

It’s clear that both Wintrich and Forney expect others on the far-right to be at least as outraged by the idea that prominent alt-rightists have been having gay sex as by the possibility that they have committed statutory rape. In his deleted Facebook post, Forney repeatedly refers to allegedly gay alt-righists as “sodomites” and “homos,” and indignantly complains that

the people who freaked out about me living in the Phillipines and sleeping with non-white women were aiding and abetting sodomites who groomed teenage boys into sex. They’re worse than the left. …

If the alt-right is unwilling to expose, denounce, and cast out the homosexuals within its midst, then I am an enemy of the alt-right and I will work from this day forward to destroy it.

Forney and Wintrich’s accusations have been met with a good deal of skepticism amongst alt-rightists, most of whom seem far more concerned by other, more public, signs that their movement in on the verge of a virtual civil war.

Spencer, for his part, has devoted much of his time in recent days to attacking “alt-lite” troll Jack Posobiec and Rebel Media’s Laura Loomer for their instantly infamous disruption of a performance of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar.

In other tweets, Spencer has kept the feud running, calling Posobiec “an outright liar and hypocrite,” “Cuck Posobiec,” and “Crooked Jack Posobiec, lion of the Fake Right.”

Posobiec has responded by signal-boosting the accusations against Spencer and The Right Stuff.

Spencer and other alt-rightists have been organizing for a “Free Speech Rally” in Washington on June 25th. Originally, both Posobiec and Loomer were scheduled to speak. Both have bowed out because of Spencer’s attacks.

Now Posobiec has decided to organize a competing rally — also on the 25th, also in Washington — to protest “Political Violence.” Both Loomer and Wintrich are scheduled to attend.

The dueling rallies neatly symbolize the current state of animosity between the alt-right and the alt-lite. Forney and Wintrich’s accusations didn’t create these divisions, but have certainly helped to cement them.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

I ran out of time to finish my footnote:

That meant that you had to break the law and submit to prosecution and hope that the trial court would find in your favor. The judge in my district would sentence people to two years of hospital duty instead of prison, but by the time I was sentenced I wasn’t in the mood for that sort of cop-out.

@GOM

Honestly, I think O-Wizzle was talking about people who say we shouldn’t send armies to fight Nazis.

I don’t think he really meant we should all personally drop what we’re doing and go fight Nazis, just that we shouldn’t prevent other people from doing so.

dslucia
dslucia

Upon reflection, I should’ve put “cis women” and “cis [X] men” rather than just leave it implied.

TreePerson
TreePerson

@Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Nice shirt!
I wore my “social justice street samurai” shirt in my local pride parade Saturday.

History Nerd
History Nerd

I don’t think punching Nazis at a protest or getting involved in violence at this point will accomplish anything. Recently (past 20 years or so), Ward Churchill argued that nonviolent tactics are racist and hypocritical, but I think that mindset often misrepresents nonviolence (which is situational and not strict pacifism) and does more harm than good.

Nonviolence doesn’t mean that Nazis deserve “equal time” to force you to listen to their propaganda when you don’t want to.

Ooglyboggles

@GrumpyOldSocialJusticeMangina

Both of my late grandparents on my mom’s side were just teenagers when the Vietnam War started. I’d believe that they’d appreciate your political actions if they ever had the chance to know you.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

One aspect of the Night of the Long Knives that surprised me – the SA (storm troopers) were typically working class or working class sympathetic. During the early years, they attracted numbers of embittered veterans who would engage in street brawls with Communists and were instrumental in defeating the Bavarian Soviet Republic. They managed to be anti-capitalist *and* anti-communist.
Years later, when Hitler was consolidating power, the industrialists and financiers he was courting for support found the SA unacceptable to their bourgeois sensibilities. Between that, Rohm’s popularity, and the homosexuality, it was clear that something would have to change.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ gosjm

FWIW, I think there’s a world of difference between someone like yourself who took a principled stand in relation to a specific conflict (and was willing to put some skin in the game with regards to the consequencess) and somebody who isn’t a target of Nazis telling victims they should just turn the other cheek.

Bina

Grumpy, you bring up a solid point: Kids from poor families being sent to fight rich men’s wars, with strict-pacifist religion from birth as only exception? Sounds like fascism to me. Therefore, it must be fought with whatever weapons were to hand. Conscie status was all well and good if one could get it, but as you point out, very few could. That was no doubt on purpose. Under those circumstances, draft-dodging was no dishonor, and as a Canadian, I can say without a doubt that my country was changed for the better by the thousands of anti-war, anti-draft US guys who came here around the time I was born.

I’d be remiss, though, if I didn’t note that the biggest anti-war movement during the Vietnam era wasn’t hippies or not-yet-inducted draft dodgers, it was uniformed GIs fighting the system from within. There were over HALF A FUCKING MILLION desertions from US armed forces during ‘Nam. That’s over ten times the number that came home in body bags to have their names inscribed on the Wall! In other words, the picture painted by “Rambo” and other ’80s revisionist movies, of hippies spitting on soldiers coming home wounded, is complete bullshit. (I’d highly recommend the documentary “Sir! No, Sir!”, and Jerry Lembcke’s book, The Spitting Image, for proof that the civilian anti-war movement and the soldiers who fought in the war were, in fact, eye-to-eye on this issue…and not on opposing sides, either.)

But yeah: the wars against fascism were different. There, it was leftists volunteering to fight them, no drafts needed. I used the plural purposefully here, because there was not just World War II, but the Spanish Civil War. The latter was, in fact, the first anti-fascist war, and it was the war the fascists won. Spain remained fascist until Franco died in 1975. It was an utter disgrace. And the so-called “democracies” of the west ought to be held to blame for that, because they forbade their citizens to fight in the International Brigades, and tried hard to deprive them of passports so they couldn’t travel to the south of France and get into Spain that way (it was usual for Brigades joiners to cross the French/Spanish border at Perpignan). The Spanish war against fascism is also notable for being the first instance of fully racially integrated armies coming together to fight a racist enemy (who was, ironically, NOT above using Moorish mercenaries from Morocco, turbans and all, to bolster his insufficient “pure” Catholic Spanish troops — the first and only real example of Islamofascism!)

I’d also recommend some reading on the subject, by Dorothy Livesay, whose Archive for our Times, a collection of letters, poems, journalistic clippings and essays on the subject was compiled in a book by Porcépic several years ago. She (who was a communist back in the day when it was most common) talks about the Canadian left and its moral struggle with the fascism dilemma: do we fight, on principle, or refuse to go to war — also on principle? One really does get a sense, from reading her, how torn the Canadians were. And to see what it was like through the eyes of the Canadians who went with the Abe Lincoln and Mackenzie-Papineau brigades and actually fought in Spain, there’s a documentary by the NFB, hard to get one’s hands on here anymore, but the NFB site has it:

But yeah. Anyone who says it’s “sinking to their level” to punch a Nazi should remember this: The Nazis didn’t just punch people, they rounded them up into cattle cars. They gassed them. They tortured them in “scientific” racist experiments. And bombed them. And even shoved some of them into crematory ovens while still alive. And they didn’t do it just because somebody in a black mask bopped their Dear Leader upside the head. “Sinking to their level” to merely punch one, and so discourage him from disrupting the Women’s March on Washington, just as the Battle of Cable Street finally showed Oswald Mosley and the rest of his British fascists what was what? I don’t think so. That one punch, that barely messed up Dickie’s hair, discouraged him from showing his face where it wasn’t wanted. On more than one occasion, I suspect.

And it’s their side that advocates for genocide, although they’re doing their damnedest to spin it so that people think it’s whites being wiped out by all those dark, dangerous, overbreeding Others. No. No, it’s not. Merely being reminded that white people have no right of ownership to the entire fucking planet isn’t genocide. It’s putting things in perspective. And perspective is one thing that every fascist sorely lacks. (If they had it, they wouldn’t be fucking fascists, and they wouldn’t need to get smacked upside the head to make them see straight every now and then.)

I do suppose that if one tries to talk back to thugs in their own language, it’s not a good look. But if it’s the only language they understand, then for fuck’s sake, belt ’em. How else are they going to realize that they are NOT the voices of the Silent Majority that they claim to be? I’m not going to clutch my pearls over that. I’m gonna hand ’em to someone else to hold while I do my bit for real democracy…
comment image

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Well, looky here. Look what Dox Vay has been up to.

(H/T to Boink x 5, my buddy supreme. 😘😘😘😘😘)

History Nerd
History Nerd

There would be pretty bad consequences for me if the far right gets more powerful. I’m not saying victims should try to be civil to fascists or that they have some obligation to be civil. Being civil is functionally pro-fascist.

Bina

Oops, correction: The Dorothy Livesay book I’m referring to is Right Hand Left Hand. I just spotted it on my shelf. Sorry for the confusion!

History Nerd
History Nerd

Fascist and communist groups had their own paramilitary wings in the 1930’s and some were bigger than the number of active duty soldiers in the state military. The situation was different.

The alt-right is trying to provoke people to engage them violently. Don’t give them what they want. They’re a death cult and they want escalation.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Breitbart, meanwhile, has published numerous stories calling out lefty bias on Wikipedia.

It can never be said enough. Facts have a liberal bias. The right knows that can’t win on the facts so they simply create their own.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

comment image

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ history nerd

in the 1930’s…The situation was different.

I’m not so sure. The quote about “History repeats. First as tragedy, then as farce.” is feeling uncomfortably pertinent right now.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Gussie Jives I saw that Richard III documentary, too. 🙂 I was sooo happy that they let him keep the armour. Loved his comment about ‘I’ll be riding around the garden on my bike with the armour on!’ 🙂

Aulma Frendzar Dèdd
Aulma Frendzar Dèdd

@History Nerd

I understand. It would be a problem for most of us. To be honest I think it’s better to just ignore them and focus on rebuilding the left. The far right already chose to depict the leftwingers as violent, irrational destroyers, no debate can exist between us and them now. Hearing the word “antifa” is enough for them to yell bloody murder and play the victims.

Today I learned about Randy Bryce, one of the democrat candidates for Congress in Wisconsin. He’s going against Paul Ryan. I really like him, he still hasn’t published his list of policies but I intend to support him anyways. The GOP doesn’t speak about him because they don’t think he stands a chance to win but I trust him. Watch his ad on youtube, it’s pretty sweet.

History Nerd
History Nerd

@weirwoodtreehugger

Correction: Most people would be at least center-left once they’re aware of the facts as long as they’re not complete chauvinists.

Susan
Susan

@Grumpy
Thank you sharing your story. There was a lot there that I did not know.

WW1 created many pacifists among the French vets. But many vets eventually went the other way, toward fascism. I am starting to suspect that preference for/tolerance of authoritarianism on a personal level is key to this. Remember that was the common denominator among T supporters…

Ooglyboggles

Apologies if this has been already posted.

A Senate panel has declined to include President Trump’s controversial proposal to separate air traffic control from the federal government in a must-pass aviation bill, according to the committee’s chairman.

Ha hahahahahahha eat bar soap you pathetic excuse of a world leader!

Aulma Frendzar Dèdd
Aulma Frendzar Dèdd

@PeeVee @WWTH

Boom! Exactly.
Seriously though. Have they ever wondered why Wikipedia is so biased? To me it doesn’t even look biased, it just seems like the writers are trying to be fair.
I just read Cernovich’s Wikipedia page and there’s really nothing wrong with it. If the conspiracy theorist part bothers the far right then it’s their problem, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s indeed a conspiracy theorist. If Pizzagate is true then he should investigate further and prove it. If not, then keep his label.
Even Rational Wiki is liberal.

By the way, one thing about the article really bothers me. It’s not the first time Wired leaves me speechless. They’ve been promoting the alt-right for a while now, and it’s really starting to annoy me. It’s almost as if the writer of the article is wishing for Wikipedia to be replaced. This type of biased writing I really can’t accept, it’s not like Wikipedia is hurting anybody. It’s an encyclopedia stating the facts about people. It receives way too much hate.

@Bina, Lady Commander of Empress Francesca I’s Cohor Germanorum

Re: The Holocaust

The Alt-reich like to minimize or erase the Holocaust for exactly the reason you describe; they can’t meaningfully say that we’re just like the nazis if one takes into consideration the actions of the real Nazis, because we are simply incapable of the sort of atrocities that the real Nazis perpetrated.

So they make fun of the Holocaust and minimize it by reducing it to a punch-line of a funny joke, by doing things like posting epic memes such as “Oy vey, muh SIX GORILLION! GIB ME SHEKELS! MUH SHOAH! OY VEY WHAT A SHOAH!” and calling themselves The Daily Shoah and so on.

I am certain that their bloviating and bellowing about “MUH WHITE GENOCIDE! DA JOOS ARE TELLING MUH WHITE WOMENS TO BUY CATS AND BE LGBT AND HAVE SEX WITH BLACK MEN TO DO A WHITE GENOCIDE! JOOS ARE DOING A WHITE GENOCIDE ON US!” is intended to also draw attention away from the atrocities the Nazis committed and the atrocities the Alt-Reich would like to commit.

After all, you can’t accuse them of evil intention for wanting to genocide other races if they are already the target of a phony, bogus genocide comprised of cute cats, interracial sex, and being LGBT.

Or they do things like this:

“But did the Holocaust really happen, though?
Are you guys sure some Jooish Trickster Shekelsteins didn’t just film a movie and throw some old shoes and dentures in a pile to make it look like the Germans did a Holocaust?”

So the Nazis are being retconned to look like glorious heroes who were just trying to make being White great again, and the Jews are cast as these horrible, evil monsters who want to erase all white people from the earth, ever.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Gussie Jives,

Thank you for posting about that Richard III documentary!!! Bloody fantastic 😀

@dslucia,

Off-topic, I just found out my name was put on the Arts and Social Sciences Dean’s List this year, so that happened.

Congratulations, you smart cookie – that’s awesome 🙂

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Wikipedia isn’t really biased.

They’re pretty well sourced. I don’t think it’s meant to replace good old fashioned research for term papers and the like, but they do provide sources that one can check out themselves. That’s how I view it, anyway.

I didn’t get that the author wanted Wiki replaced, although that *is* what the alt-right wants. Remember, these are the same guys who say Snopes, Politifact, and the SPLC are a bunch of Lying McLiars.

I award the Alt-Right 9,463 Pinnochios for their “alternate facts.” And I hope their little wikifap goes nowhere.

🎉 dslucia: CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🎉

Diptych
Diptych

Speaking of RationalWiki, the best “right-wing rando has a snit in public” incident I’ve witnessed was someone arguing that Cultural Marxism was too a real phenomenon that was threatening Western civilisation, and providing two links to support their point – the Wikipedia page for the Frankfurt School, which accurately describes it as a niche mid-20th century philosophy and art theory movement that occasionally pops up in baseless conspiracy theories, and the RationalWiki page for Cultural Marxism, which describes the theory as literal Nazi propaganda.

They then got very cross and accused everyone who pointed out that the sources they cited explicitly undermined their argument of “cheating”.

(Incidentally – I wonder if we could start convincing people that the origin of Cultural Marxism is not in fact the Frankfurt School, but the Heidelberg School?)

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

In a teaching context, Wikipedia certainly has an unfairly bad rep. Obv it’s nowhere near as credible as peer-reviewed articles, but a lot of the academic entries are well done and properly backed up. From my experience (anecdata alert), there’s too much emphasis in schools and unis on warning students against Wikipedia, and not enough on warning them away from those goddamn #$#%**$# essay factories.

@Diptych,
I was just reading something yesterday about the right’s obsession with the Frankfurt School. It’s truly, truly odd. I was wondering why they didn’t go for Althusser who’s been far more influential in this area – then I remembered that Louis wasn’t Jewish 😐

kupo
kupo

@Mish
If something on wikipedia is properly sourced, then you can use the sources rather than citing wikipedia. I’ve seen way too much fatphobia, homophobia, and anti-feminist views on there to call it a good source. Plus, back when I knew a lot of information under NDA about a company I worked for, I could find something factually incorrect on almost any article I read on wikipedia about that company or its products. Rumors repeated enough were considered fact. It was pretty ridiculous.

@Kupo

The fact that ‘black supremacy’ even merits a page on Wikipedia is clearly indicative of how skewed it is.

Mind you, I do, actually, get a lot of information from Wikipedia, so I’m not discrediting it; I’m just saying it does, in fact, have some ridiculous stuff on it.

@Fran, why?

Should black supremacist fringe groups recognized by the SPLC be swept under a rug?

kupo
kupo

@Fran

That’s messed up. I didn’t know that page existed. But, honestly, I shouldn’t be surprised.

I still use it as my go-to research tool, but more as a jumping-off point.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@kupo, @Empress Fran,

Absolutely, yes. I often tell students (1) check the sources themselves and use them if they’re good, & (2) if you’re completely unfamiliar with a theory or discipline (etc.) Wikipedia usually gives a good broad overview to get you started. I still wouldn’t allow it as a source, but I don’t think it’s the equivalent of Satan himself 🙂
My gripe was more about how Wikipedia is maligned as a source when there’s stuff online that’s far more problematic and that students are using. I guess this is about how we teach information literacy and critical thinking.

@PeeVee

No, but Wikieditors can add them as a footnote to an article that covers ideological platforms that they share. I feel like giving them an entire page lends credence to the ol’ “Both sides are the same!” mantra that’s been so much in vogue recently, and allows the public to feel as though they are as much a threat as white supremacist groups.

I don’t believe that they are nice; many of them consider LGBT black people, such as myself, to be abominations. I have heard people who Wikipedia would consider ‘black supremacists’ talk about how they would cut a t-word like myself, so it’s not like I think they’re snuggly little bunnies. They are, indeed, quite dangerous.

@Fran,

Well, I suppose that’s true of any page dedicated to any group at all, though, right? White supremacist groups, too?

And, of course, any group at all that thinks they’re “superior” to any other part of the population are assholes.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Fran
I’m more with @PeeVee on this one. Specially considering what already gets it’s own page on Wikipedia. To me, the content of the page is more important than its existence. I do see your point tho 🙂

However
@PeeVee

Come on now, that’s not the same. And not what she was saying either…

@PeeVee

Well, given the fact that White Supremacists have had a great deal more clout, historically speaking, I think their getting a page is warranted.

I mean, they did actually manage to make an ethnostate in the form of Nazi Germany, wrote well-respected scientific tomes about the superiority of the White Race that were accepted by past academics as being perfectly reasonable knowledge, terrorized an entire nation for years after slavery was ended in the US in the form of the Notorious K.K.K., and countless other small things I’ve probably forgotten to mention, not to mention the deaths they’ve caused that probably number in the thousands if not the tends of thousands.

This.

Plus, if you say black people are superior beings that can attack you with their mind and shrug off damage, you’re just going to encourage police officers to keep killing us, and for the medical profession to harm us the way they usually do by not using enough anesthetic, withholding pain medication and psychiatric medication, and ignoring our symptoms.

So they’re fucking it up for us. On that I agree entirely.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

@Axe, I meant that the editors can put it’s own spin on their platform. Because that is what Fran’s objection was to.

@Fran, I hope you were using the umbitquitous “you.”

@PeeVee

Yup! Not you personally, because, you know, you personally are an intelligent person who realized the danger such nonsense poses to our community.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@PeeVee

Oh, OK. I thought her objection was to there being a page at all, regardless of spin…

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Wikipedia isn’t really biased.

Eh, it really is, but in the opposite direction.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

SFHC, oh, I knew about their sexism and misogyny, but that’s not what I was actually talking about when I said that they’re not really biased.

I mean, every goddamned industry out there has this shit going on.

dslucia
dslucia

@Mish & PeeVee:

Thanks. I was pretty surprised to get that letter in the mail today, especially since this was my first year back in school since I graduated from high school in 2010.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
dslucia
dslucia

@Axe ‘Danger’ Calibur:

Now I’m thinking which one of us is Danny and which one is Tucker? ‘Cause I could dig having ghost powers, but I’d also like being a tech genius.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

@Bina: There is a fascinating book, M.I.A. or Mythmaking in America, by H. Bruce Franklin (who was fired from the faculty of Stanford for his anti-Vietnam-War activities). Franklin shows how the POW/MIA issue was developed in large part by H. Ross Perot to help the Nixon administration block peace talks and blame it on the North Vietnamese to help pacify the US people. He then discusses how the non-existent POW’s who were supposedly kept by the Vietnamese after the war were taken by Hollywood to create a national myth about the goodness of the US and the evil of the nasty little yellow rats they were fighting against, of which Rambo is the best known example. (It was all just an excuse for the most outrageous kind of racism.) In fact, there is only one known case of a US soldier who stayed behind; that was Robert Garwood, who served as a prison guard and interrogator for the North Vietnamese, and then eventually decided to come back to the US — and the Vietnamese let him go, gladly one suspects.

The classic book on the Spanish Civil War that I’m familiar with is Orwell’s Homage to Catalonia.

@Alan: I was raised by a Harvard-educated lawyer who had to volunteer several times in order to serve in World War II — he was overage and color-blind. He served as an artillery instructor and never got into combat; he ended up as a lieutenant colonel in the reserves. He supported my decision — while I was going through the courts he was running for Congress as an anti-war candidate — because he thought that the US had no legitimate national security interest in Vietnam, and in any case was stupid to get into a land war in Asia. He himself had a scar in the corner of his mouth where he was knifed by a Communist counter-demonstrator while leading a Socialist protest outside the New York Stock Exchange. I wasn’t brought up to avoid a fight even though I wouldn’t use violence.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

I forgot to mention that Perot was rewarded for his work on the POW issue by being given the contract to do IT work for Medicare that made him a billionaire.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Been reading up a bit on the whole Nazi punching thing. There’s a lot of stuff out there; it’s practically a genre now. Found this, which I think nicely encapsulates the general issue.

comment image

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Not getting a huge amount of work done today. But anyway, this is Miss Victory. Her stories centered around the fantastical notion that there could be Nazis in Washington DC.

comment image

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

Is anyone else secretly hoping that GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina continues to tell us snippets of his life story? It’s amazing.

Alan’s awesome comics reminded me of the present I just sent off to my sister, who lives interstate. I got her: a bio of Brett Whiteley; a notebook with a cover made out of an old Blondie vinyl (Parallel Lines, fyi); and a sketchbook fashioned out of a very old Marvel Superheroes digest (thank you, Supanova!).
I must confess it kind of hurt, parting with them 😀