allegedly false accusations alt-lite alt-right anime nazis drama kings homophobia matt forney men who should not ever be with men ever men who should not ever be with women ever pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles richard spencer twitter

Alt-right fractures as former allies accuse leaders of sexually exploiting teen boys

Matt Forney: The alt-right is “aiding and abetting sodomites who groom teenage boys”

By David Futrelle

White supremacist blogger Matt Forney certainly picked a dramatic way to announce he would no longer be affiliating with the alt-right. In a Facebook posting several days ago, which he subsequently deleted, Forney declared that the internet-enabled fascist movement had become “a coven for homosexual pedophiles.”

Repeating accusations from a podcast that he said had been proven “100 percent true,” Forney charged that self-declared “fashy faggots” associated with the website The Right Stuff were

using … pool parties (IRL meetups) to groom teenage boys into sleeping with them, which [one alt-rightist named] Ghoul did to a 17-year old … at the Chicago pool party. Oh, and Ghoul had been grooming this poor kid since he was 15.

Forney said that others associated with The Right Stuff “knew what Ghoul was doing but didn’t say or do anything.”

Meanwhile, Lucian B. Wintrich of the far-right Gateway Pundit blog has been using Twitter to publicly question alt-right celebrity Richard Spencer about his alleged “degeneracy” — seemingly basing his “reporting” on DMs from second-hand anonymous sources.

In other tweets Wintrich gives up the pretense that he is practicing journalism entirely:

It’s worth pointing out that the “evidence” here is vague and second-hand, and that even if these charges are true it’s not clear that the accused have broken any laws. We don’t know the ages of the “younger men” referred to by Wintrich’s source. As for the “pool party” referred to by Forney, the age of consent in Illinois is 17, so Ghoul’s alleged sexual encounter would have been legal — if skeezy as hell.

It’s clear that both Wintrich and Forney expect others on the far-right to be at least as outraged by the idea that prominent alt-rightists have been having gay sex as by the possibility that they have committed statutory rape. In his deleted Facebook post, Forney repeatedly refers to allegedly gay alt-righists as “sodomites” and “homos,” and indignantly complains that

the people who freaked out about me living in the Phillipines and sleeping with non-white women were aiding and abetting sodomites who groomed teenage boys into sex. They’re worse than the left. …

If the alt-right is unwilling to expose, denounce, and cast out the homosexuals within its midst, then I am an enemy of the alt-right and I will work from this day forward to destroy it.

Forney and Wintrich’s accusations have been met with a good deal of skepticism amongst alt-rightists, most of whom seem far more concerned by other, more public, signs that their movement in on the verge of a virtual civil war.

Spencer, for his part, has devoted much of his time in recent days to attacking “alt-lite” troll Jack Posobiec and Rebel Media’s Laura Loomer for their instantly infamous disruption of a performance of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar.

In other tweets, Spencer has kept the feud running, calling Posobiec “an outright liar and hypocrite,” “Cuck Posobiec,” and “Crooked Jack Posobiec, lion of the Fake Right.”

Posobiec has responded by signal-boosting the accusations against Spencer and The Right Stuff.

Spencer and other alt-rightists have been organizing for a “Free Speech Rally” in Washington on June 25th. Originally, both Posobiec and Loomer were scheduled to speak. Both have bowed out because of Spencer’s attacks.

Now Posobiec has decided to organize a competing rally — also on the 25th, also in Washington — to protest “Political Violence.” Both Loomer and Wintrich are scheduled to attend.

The dueling rallies neatly symbolize the current state of animosity between the alt-right and the alt-lite. Forney and Wintrich’s accusations didn’t create these divisions, but have certainly helped to cement them.

Cleon
Cleon

Reminds me of the infighting that tore apart the British National Party. Fascists have a hard time getting along, because they all see themselves as the Leader whose commands cannot be questioned.

Bakunin
Bakunin

😀

Though not so much at the possible sexual abuse 🙁

RosieLa
RosieLa

Today I’m wearing a shirt that was promo for that movie “Confessions of a teenage drama queen.” My shirt reads “so much drama, so little time.” It’s a perfect slogan for these people.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Popcorn anyone?

Blackrising
Blackrising

Can’t keep their own bullshit movement from collapsing in on itself, but think they ought to be the ones making the rules for everyone. Marvelous.

Valentine
Valentine

Honestly, this is not funny to me at all. All these right wing, facist or ‘old fashion’ groups somehow always abusing young kids when you look deep. Matt forney is racist and probably emotionally abusing this filipinas he slept with, but I see no reason why we shouldnt believe him about this. There is so many times this happen in before in other groups and then also what Milo saying before about he been abused by priests. They say if someone suffering abuse before when they young, they can also grow and abuse when they are old. And already, alt-right was trying to get young boys and men interested to agree with them, by saying all their problems caused by non-white people and feminsim. They already manipulating, can be very true that they manipulating and abusing to in other ways.

bekabot
bekabot

Favorite Left-Wing Nosh = popcorn

Favorite Right-Wing Nosh = each other

Vive la différence.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Yeah, sorry. If you’re going to be in a movement that makes excuses for men who prey on young girls, calling it a natural biological urge for men, you can’t even pretend to be outraged now just because the possible victims are boys.

Sister Bat'leth of Rational Discussion
Sister Bat'leth of Rational Discussion

Emotionally Complex Response here.

1) He’s probably correct about the behaviors.

2) So misogynistic violence is no problem, but homosexual urges are? And why is gay-bashing always the go-to?

3) Anything that sets these thugs at each others’ throats is probably a net gain for the rest of the world.

All in all, I think I’m going to put this whole mess firmly under a SEP* field.

* Someone Else’s Problem

Moggie
Moggie

It’s such a fine line between a circle jerk and a circular firing squad.

Gipsz Jakab
Gipsz Jakab

The sooner these fuckfaces rip each other’s throats out, the better.

Zatar
Zatar

The Alt Reich was never going to hold together for long. Put together a bunch of rampant egotists whose only real connection is the hate they feel and its only natural they’d begin to turn on each-other.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

The only surprising thing here is that they are abusing boys, not girls, for once. One thing i learned linking up with antifa groups since the mid 90s is how many of these fascist assholes are abusers and using their leadership positions to groim victims.

Nequam
Nequam

[well, not if there’s actual abuse of the underage, of course]

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

The alt-lite right is people who really belong in default-right but wanted a separate movement so they went along with the alt-right meme. Then they found they also don’t want to be in a movement best known for nazi cosplayers.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

I’d like to say I’m surprised and dismayed… but that would be a lie.

ETA… let the feeding frenzy begin

Otrame
Otrame

I love the smell of popcorn in the afternoon.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Caramel Popcorn? Check
Bigoted groups against each other? Check
Water? Check
Dog? Check

This is gonna be good.

Weasel-Rah
Weasel-Rah

BlackBloc, it’s quite likely if there is abuse of boys, there’s abuse of girls as well. The difference is that the far right doesn’t consider the rape of female children to be abuse.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

Ladies, gentlemen, respected rest!
Behold the content you’ll find the best!
Popcorn sellin’ for five ninety-nine
For a fight that’s brewin’ just fine

On the horizon a breeze just became a hurricane
Or at least that’s what they’re makin’ (of it)
And anyone with half a brain
Well, they’ll ask what’s shakin’ but stay clear of it

Sit at a safe distance, boys and girls
Watch these morons a-clutchin’ their pearls
Just don’t get near in case the claims are true
(I’d really hate for the next statistic to be you!)

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

“Groups of Anti-Social Men Have Difficulty Working Together.”

Who’da thunk it?

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

@Moggie just depends on why you’re shootin’, I reckon.

Leftwingfox
Leftwingfox

Now I’m morbidly curious about the supposed evidence. While I trust victims, I do not in the least trust this herd of gaping assoles. Making up shit to smear their enemies with is typical for them, so I would not put it past them to make this up purely out of petty spite.

Hesster
Hesster

Horrible people doing horrible things to each other. They couldn’t organize an ant march to a picnic.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I hope this is just mud-flinging and nothing more.

Pretty Pink Punnani Princess
Pretty Pink Punnani Princess

These evil extremist groups never really bothered me because sooner or later, they turn on each other.

With a vengeance.

Gr8Dane
Gr8Dane

So the enemy of my enemy is my friend…
@wwth (aka my internet crush) excellent point. Check mate

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Favorite Left-Wing Nosh = popcorn

Favorite Right-Wing Nosh = each other

Vive la différence.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Seriously, fuck these people. The amount of hate they generate is so unbelievable, it doesn’t surprise me at all that it would consume them eventually.

I really hope that there aren’t any rape victims, though.

Checkmate
Checkmate

@Leftwingfox, off topic, but is your avatar from Oglaf? Asking cause it seems familiar

Bina

I absolutely support the arrest and imprisonment of Laurie Loomer and other “Alt-Light” activists who behave like antifa.#FreeLaurie

— Richard 🇸🇾 Spencer (@RichardBSpencer) June 17, 2017

Antifa don’t go around trying to shut down Shakespearean plays, dumbass. They shut down hate speech. Julius Caesar isn’t hate speech.

Signed,

An Anti-Fascist English Major Who Actually Studied That Damn Thing.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ bina

An Anti-Fascist English Major

At some stage, if there’s an appropriate open thread, I’d love to hear any thoughts you have about Coriolanus if you could spare the time.

JS
JS

@Four P’s

The trouble is, before they turn on each other, they encourage others to think terrorism might be a good idea. Just one terrorist is all it takes to make things bad for lots of people, especially if the governments go overboard with “security theater” to pretend they’re stopping it from happening again.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

I’m with Sister Bat’leth of Rational Discussion here – so many reactions all at the same time. This is just so deeply, awfully, sordid and sad. Both ‘sides’ are equally despicable.

As for the Shakespeare dramas (ha ha), I’m reliably informed that this play has run before, but with (1) JFK and (2) Obama as the presidential character who gets assassinated. So why the outrage now?
(rhetorical question – I know why, obv)

Bina

@Alan, I didn’t get a chance to study Coriolanus…yet. But I always could read it and see if there are any performances on YouTube to judge by…

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Checkmate, I can answer that; it IS from Oglaf. (I was just reading it again the other day.)

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

Thanks to It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, every time I read the word “sodomites,” I think of what happened when Mac and Dennis walked around dressed like fops.
comment image

It was only a matter of time before these guys turned on each other. I only hope that no actual kids have been harmed by them.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ bina

The 2011 film version is really good if you can track that down. It’s the only Shakespeare play I like. It’s hard to believe it was written by the same guy as all the other ones; it’s just so different in terms of style, plot, narrative etc.

But the reason I’d love to hear your input is that it’s been seen as both pro fascist and anti fascist. It also always seems so contemporary, whatever time period it’s applied to. You could easily, and plausibly, claim “Oh it’s clearly an allegory about (insert any political situation of the last 2,000 years)”. I guess some aspects of human nature are just universal.

I think that’s deliberate. People say, understandably, that it’s about the early Roman Republic. But recently someone pointed out to me that the setting is in fact “…a place calling itself Rome.” so it could be any state with pretentions of greatness. And yes, it’s very hard not to see Trump’s America in there at the moment.

Bina

@Alan — is this the one?

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

I have read that Antigone (a Greek tragedy about a Theban princess who defies the decree of her uncle King Creon by attempting to bury her rebel brother) was surprisingly popular in Nazi Germany. They managed this by empathizing not with Antigone, but with Creon – a leader who puts his duty to the state and the law above even his family by condemning his own niece to death. (Plus it’s Ancient Greek and therefore an example of Superior Aryan Culture.)

E: Jean Anouilh’s version of Antigone (produced and first performed in Nazi-occupied France) plays with this interpretation by making both his Antigone (who’s usually considered to represent the French Resistance) and his Creon (who represents the Nazi collaborators) sympathetic.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ bina

is this the one?

Yes indeed. Enjoy!

@ mrsobedmarsh

surprisingly popular in Nazi Germany.

Coriolanus was banned in France in the 1930s for similar reasons.

Katz

I really liked the 2011 Coriolanus. It is certainly the most shippable Shakespeare play.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ katz

Heh, isn’t it just? 🙂

In the 2013 Donmar Warehouse production, Aufidius (Hadley Fraser) plants a welcoming kiss on Coriolanus (Tom Hiddleston) and it lingers suggestively long.

Not to mention this moment…
Aufidius (to Martius): …but that I see thee here,/Thou noble thing! more dances my rapt heart/Than when I first my wedded mistress saw/Bestride my threshold.

Oh, and in the DVD commentary of the 2011 movie, Ralph Feinnes mentions that when Martius appears in Antium and Aufidius initially confronts him, he intentionally directed it so that he and Gerard Butler are close enough to kiss “if they wanted to”.

Katz

Tom Hiddleston played Coriolanus? Daaaaamn.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective; Keeper of a Hell Toupee, and all-around Intergalactic Meanie

Dumb question about Oglaf: is that comic just a series of one-off pages set in the same faux-Medieval setting, or is there an overriding story there? It looks like something I’d enjoy (based on what’s been posted here over the years), but if there’s an overriding story(ies), I’d like to start it at the beginning if possible.

And speaking about ancient texts being relevant to the modern day, I read something about The Iliad once about how selective editing changed the meaning of the text. There was one version circa the 1920’s that made it sound like Homer was glorifying war (the version Gen. Patton read while young, I believe), while the full text was actually anti-war.

I’ve also heard that The Iliad has been recently used to help US veterans recover themselves via having them do a public reading of it. Apparently the idea behind it was showing them that stuff like PTSD had existed for as long as humans waged war against each other, even if those ancient poets weren’t using the same phrases that people used today to describe war.

Interesting stuff, at least to me.

ETA: how exactly do I update my Gravatar? I uploaded some pics for one, but it’s not showing up. Yet.

My thanks in advance.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

@Alan:

If she says your behavior is heinous,
Kick her right in the Coriolanus.

— Cole Porter, “Kiss Me Kate”

Fabe
Fabe

@Redsilkphoenix

I think there was a over all story at the beginning but I think that was concluded and now is mainly one off gags with the occasional multi page story .

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Redsilk,

What Fabe said. It’s fun to start at the beginning, anyhow; you’ll see a lot of the recurring characters that way.

As an aside, Ossoff lost. Not unexpected, but tiresome, all the same. I am pretty disgusted with the tenacity in which people cling to party instead of progress. I’m at the point where I want to just throw up my hands and say “Fuck it! This is what you assboles wanted. Be careful what you ask for, lest it becomes your reality. Enjoy!”

I don’t like what I’m feeling right now.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger