men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW MGTOW of the Day misogyny reddit women are children women aren't human women's suffrage

MGTOW life advice: Revel in your ex’s pain, because “women aren’t even people, not really.”

The number one MGTOW sexual fantasy of all time

By David Futrelle

The Men Going Their Own Way subreddit is such a good place for men to get solid life advice from their peers. Today, our MGTOW of the Day has some advice for a guy who seems to be having a little trouble moving on from a failed relationship.

ADDDDT 12 points 10 hours ago I was with my ex for 12 years and I think she got spoiled because I was basically a nice guy that treated her with respect and tolerated her horseshit. Once she ended the relationship she couldn't wait to get pumped and dumped by a Chad. She's still pining away for him and hasn't accepted the fact that she got used. In a way I almost feel bad for her. permalinkembedunsaveparentreportgive goldreply [–]indus360 10 points 9 hours ago Don't feel bad for he. Revel in her pain. She did you wrong and deserves to suffer. Women aren't even people. Not really. Like overgrown toddlers. They never should've been given the rights to vote,own property,or to hold positions of authority. They've proven themselves unfit to government their own lives much less anyone else's. Like other women she's out of harmony with her natural role as a nurturer and without paying the consequences for her actions will never learn her lessons.

What better way to go through life than obsessing endlessly about how your ex is a bitch and all women are subhuman monsters who deserve to suffer? Clearly the healthy and adult way to handle a breakup.

ScarlettAthena (not a sock puppet... or am I?)
ScarlettAthena (not a sock puppet... or am I?)

There are some details missing in that story… you were with her 12 years and putting up with horseshit? There’s something wrong right there. I’m sure this guy was totes “nice”.

Then, *she* broke up with him – no details. Then, she got “pumped and dumped” by Chad…. how do you even know that?

Of course, the typos in the, ahem, “advice” are good… don’t feel bad for he… women are unfit to government.

I mean, why wouldn’t you take him seriously?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

With the use of words and phrases like ‘nice guy’, ‘Chad’, and ‘pumped and dumped’ I’m more willing to believe he is 12 rather than he’s been in a 12 year relationship.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

So, toddlers aren’t people?

Bina

As usual, migtoes project what should be the case with them: Not allowed to vote, govern, or own property (and no, fellas, we womenfolk are NOT your property). Because these guys are all 12 years old on the inside, however old they may be on the outside, with all the bitter wankery that’s the province of the permanently immature. They’re not adults. They can’t think like them, and they sure as hell can’t write like them. Their “advice” is not to be respected any more than their spelling, grammar, syntax and punctuation. And certainly not to be respected any more than their continual, bogus threats to Go Their Own Way. (When, oh WHEN? The only thing they go their own way from is the English language!)

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

@Axecalibur that was my initial reaction as well.

I… guess I’m in good company? Screechy and sticky and occasionally damp, but pretty good company. Compared to these idjits, anyway.

Haise, the husky puppy
Haise, the husky puppy

Remember this and how some mgtows weren’t for it 100%? I see they’ve rebounded from that.

Hope that guy’s ex (if she’s real) stays far, far away from him forever.

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

TIL that treating a woman with basic respect and “tolerating” her qualifies as spoiling her.

She’s still pining away for him and hasn’t accepted the fact that she got used.

Or maybe she wasn’t used? Maybe she was in a relationship and then her partner ended the relationship and she’s sad about that, but no “pumping and dumping” was involved? Maybe your belief that every man in the world other than yourself is a “Chad” (instead of a complex human being like yourself) is wrong?

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Sure, I totes believe you.
Chad. Pumped and dumped. Women shouldn’t vote, blah blah, ad nauseum. To which I say, MEH.

Shit they’ve posted to each other about women 987654321 times before. It’s trite. It’s boring.

Honest to God, I don’t see how David reads this same shit over and over and comes up with funny, humorous things to say about them. They’re starting to bore me to tears, and not the kind they so desperately want to see…tears of boredom probably isn’t what these guys want to inspire.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Nothing says getting over women like wishing for nothing but pain to your exes.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@PeeVee,

Yes, exactly, that right there. It’s the same stupid little catchphrases over and over and over. I’m starting to think there’s a mgtow version of the gobbledegook generator:

Step 1: input frothing rage and bitterness
Step 2: generator churns out default ‘sentences’
Step 3: mgtow hits copy and paste – done.

@Bina – fyi, I followed you on Twitter yesterday (MishMei); just so you know it’s not some random oddball. It’s a Mish oddball 🙂

Freemage
Freemage

Wanna bet his 12-year-relationship was him hanging around in classic Nice Guy (TM) fashion, letting her think they were just friends while he was convinced she was going to turn to him because he was so ‘nice’ (read: manipulative, expecting sex in exchange for common human decency). Then she got a real boyfriend, and then that ended after awhile, and now he’s got the Sad Boner Blues.

Katz

So, toddlers aren’t people?

I was wondering that, too. While angry toddlers can be funny, reveling in their pain would seem pretty awful.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

🎶Sad Boner Blues, you made me cry🎶

Mish, that’s got to be it.

Or an MGTOW workbook…”Page 4 deals with voting rights (dangling Chads)”

Bina

@Mish:

Cool, just looked you up to follow you back! Sometimes Teh Tweeter is weird, it spits up all kinds of seemingly random follows who may or may not be ‘bots, but actual non-automated followers don’t get into my inbox as fast as the maybe-bots do.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Katz

I get the feeling that these are the typa people who would actually steal candy from babies…

Moggie
Moggie

Axe:

I think they’d get outsmarted if they tried that.

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

These are the sort of people who would write long, angry screeds about how it’s perfectly justified to steal candy from babies, and in fact the candy was only given to the baby as a plot against men.

These are also the sort of people who, if a follower of theirs were to actually steal candy from a baby, would loudly object that he’s no follower of theirs and this is all an attempt by feminists to smear their noble movement.

To quote the immortal lines of Charlie Brooker in The Guardian: “[These are people who] have done for words what Bitcoin has done for coal.”

misophistry
misophistry

Mgtows don’t even try to be people. Or rather, if we invented a humanity test that even a toddler could pass they would fail it. Probably deliberately. And if they read this they will miss my point. Probably deliberately.

IgnoreSandra
IgnoreSandra

I don’t get how these people can consider themselves strong.

You worry about someone you don’t like for as long as they remain a realistic threat

Then you stop thinking about them and start thinking about you. You don’t revel in your enemy’s pain, because to do so is to admit they’ve won the battle and you need to cling desperately to whatever small, pathetic thing you can in order to avoid realizing this. Or that’s my view.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

I’m getting the impression that this guy is Facebook stalking her to a level she doesn’t actually know about. Or if not Facebook, he’s digging up his info from somewhere.

I have an old major crush friended on Facebook (we started as friends, I developed strong feelings, never told him because too nervous, then he got into a relationship with another woman. We stopped conversational contact after I moved away for uni) and all I know about him is that he married her. Because the photos popped up. It took me a while to get over him – and this dude clearly hasn’t gotten over his ex yet – but I never learnt as much about his love life as this dude has about hers. I’m getting an “obsessive/possessive” vibe off of him, which, if I’m right, probably explains why she ended the relationship.

Ring Blade
Ring Blade

I’m new to this site. Nice to see others like me are tired of Deporables bs.

dslucia
dslucia

Whenever I think that I’m too hung up over my ex, I think it would do me well to remember that people like this exist, because wow.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

Aside from the topic, though never off-topic on THIS site… Slate article on whyyyyyy men harass women.

Gr8Dane
Gr8Dane

Best way to start the day. Having a coffee and coming here to read the comments section. Lol dangling chads and toddlers that outsmart migtoes.

I really needed a laugh this morning. I know that I don’t know any of you personally but sometimes coming here makes me feel less alone. Even though I have wonderful parents and a few close friends I don’t really want to share my thoughts on these topics with them because it can get a little depressing.

Last week was not a good week. I had outpatient surgery to remove a decent sized lump which was sent for biopsy. I took the train home afterwards and was doing my best to get down the stairs from the train station platform to street level. I was holding onto the handrail and was the only one on the stairs. Out of nowhere this guy comes storming up the stairs. There’s all this room on the staircase but the guy has to walk up the side that I am walking down and crowds me and says “stupid fucking bitch get the fuck out of my way” and then pushes me over to continue up the stairs. I was angry and said “what the fuck is your problem?” The guy turned back around and said “you, you’re the fucking problem, worthless bitch.” It was just a shock to the system to be minding your own business and then be confronted by such hate from some random guy. To add insult to injury another guy came down the stairs and saw this happen. He just walked around me while I was trying to pick myself up off the stairs. To have hate spewed at you when you’re in pain and feeling particularly vulnerable, well it just blows.
So again thanks for the much needed laughs

Laserqueen
Laserqueen

My ex basically lost visitation rights with our kids because he could not stop hating on me. He could not stop in court, in front of a magistrate, with an armed bailiff behind him. He could not stop in our court ordered and monitored communication.

He ran away when his play for a married friend of ours was discovered by her husband. He left our family for weeks, sent me a letter (addressed to “Fail Whale”) going over how I’ve never been good enough for him over the entire 20 year course of our marriage, and he still can not shut up about how horrible I am.

I would think he’d want to move on from such a horrible one as I, but apparently not.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Gr8Dane and Laserqueen, omg, I’m so sorry!

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Gr8Dane
What a POS that person is, and to a lesser extant to the other guy who did nothing to help you.
@Laserqueen
Good riddance to him!

Lysistrata
Lysistrata

@Gr8Dane
Well that just sucks. What is it with cast-iron assholes – they search for vulnerable people like a turkey vulture? Yeah, I guess they do. What is it with guys who just walk around you while some other asshole is taking out his rage? Who knows. Here, pull up a comfy chair. Can I get you a refreshing beverage?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ gr8dane

That really sucks. Must confess though I’m almost as annoyed with the guy who walked past as the original perp. I know there’s all the caveats about risk to themselves etc. But it’s that thing about “the stuff we walk past is the stuff you tolerate”. He could at least have said something.

Gr8Dane
Gr8Dane

@peevee, oogly and lysistrata

@laserqueen
I second that good riddance to him

Laserqueen
Laserqueen

@ gr8dane

I’m so sorry he dumped his craptastic energy all over you. It’s good you spoke up, bad that he used it as an opportunity to dump on you again. Do what you need to do for yourself to get his icky energy out of your good stuff.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

As Mr. Parasol might say, life’s too short to go around being mean.

Blackrising
Blackrising

Don’t these guys realize that obsessing over someone will just keep them from moving on? I mean, letting go is hard, but there’s ‘I’m hung up on my ex’ and then there’s ‘I will stalk my ex and rant about my ex and revel in their pain because I really just want a reason to pity myself and make them out to be a villanous fiend’.

That kind of reaction just tells me there was a good reason why these dudes got broken up with. Hint: It’s not because you were oh so supportive.

kupo
kupo

@Ring Blade
Welcome!

@Gr8dane
People are jerks. 🙁

Gr8Dane
Gr8Dane

@Alan
exactly, the original guy was upsetting enough but the second guy could have made the difference, it was disheartening to say the least.
@Kupo there are definitely a lot of jerks but the people here (I’ve said this before but it bears repeating) restore my faith.
@Ring Blade Hello and welcome
@Katz I read a comment congratulating you on your book. I must have missed your comment regarding your book. What is the title? What is the subject matter?

Caleb v
Caleb v

I wouldn’t consider myself mgtow, alt right, or liberally progressive, Im just a single guy that lives in a camper. I dated a girl about 7 years ago, and we got engaged about 4 years ago. She was killed by a drunk driver. So it’s just kind of emotionally difficult to want to be in a relationship.
It’s just bizarre to me seeing these MGTOW people completely generalize all women. I can only imagine that these guys have never had good relationships with women, whether it be their moms, or women they’ve dated/ been friends with. I wouldn’t really pay much attention to these angry and negative people

History Nerd
History Nerd

@Freemage

I think the situation with MGTOW’s is usually that they got better at social skills at one point and used those social skills to manipulate a woman into a relationship. Ultimately, she realized that the whole relationship was based on lies and manipulation, so she quit the relationship before anything got really bad. Then, the guy projects all of his faults onto her and women in general.

Katz

Gr8Dane, Laserqueen, ugh, I can never get over how awful people can be for just no reason at all.

JS
JS

What bitcoin has done for coal… increased it use in China to power bitcoin farms?

Aulma Frendzar Dèdd
Aulma Frendzar Dèdd

@PeeVee

I’m thinking the same. I enjoy David’s work and I hope he keeps informing us on what’s going on in those dark MRA circles but I also wish for something new.

Something regarding the real world integrated to the content about online communities.
For example a while ago a guy on CNN called Kamala Harris hysterical for trying to question Jeff Sessions. Jezebel wrote a nice article on that, but I wish we had a nice post here too, after all we discuss misogyny and misconceptions about women.
Also a while ago the alt-right questioned women’s political integrity because a former Le Pen supporter changed into a communist after getting a communist boyfriend or something like that.
I’d like to see these matters discussed here, of course in a more serious tone since they’re more political.
What do you guys think? 🙂

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I wouldn’t really pay much attention to these angry and negative people

You sound like someone who doesn’t have to worry about violence directed against you by angry and negative misogynists. Women and people who are perceived as women are not so lucky and cannot afford to just “ignore them.”

PreuxFox
PreuxFox

“Basically” a nice guy, huh?

Aulma Frendzar Dèdd
Aulma Frendzar Dèdd

@Gr8Dane ….I’m so sorry. 💖 I know saying this doesn’t help but you have all of my support. 💖
@Laserqueen ugh, I have no words. To me this is one more case of shitty partners that debunk MRAs’ favourite myth that divorce is bad for society and civilization. I hope you find someone worthy of your love one day (if you want it of course). 💖

Can I recommend you girls/guys a nice video? I like to watch it when I need some cat action.

Katz

I wrote about it here! It’s about Russian women who flew airplanes during WWII. I’m really proud of it. (I was trying to stay in the open thread because I don’t want to turn everything into the Katz And Her Book Show.)

Nanny Ogg's Bosom (Formerly LostInLindsey)
Nanny Ogg's Bosom (Formerly LostInLindsey)

MIGTOWs are boring me now. Can they try to be original? Probably not, they don’t have the creativity. If he ever actually had any sort of relationship with the woman he’s torn between consoling and hating, I suspect it’ll either have been abusive and it took her that long to realise and plan and implement an escape, or he was a ‘friend’ who hung around hoping for sex to be dispensed for being a ‘Nice Guy’, and got mardy because she got into a romantic relationship that eventually dissolved and she’s upset by it.

@Gr8Dane, I’m so sorry that happened to you. I hope you get good news on the biopsy though.
@Laserqueen, you definitely seem to be well rid of that ex. I hope you and the children have recovered from living with such abuse.
@Caleb v, my condolences for your loss. However, I second the sentiment that if you can afford to ignore angry and negative people, you don’t face the threat of angry and negative people, because those of us who do can’t afford to ignore them. Ignoring the threat can result in injury or death.

FoxKit
FoxKit

When I read these all I can imagine is the stunning desperation of a yelling Johnny Turbo.

“I’m bringing out the truth about women! Admit it!

“My god! They’re not even human!

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

“I almost felt a genuine human emotion for a member of the female sex.”

“You squash that emotion right now, dammit! Dehumanize her at once and revel in her pain like a Bond villain!”

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Katz *claps hands with glee about night witches book* 🙂

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

OT, but I need to get this off my chest:

Yesterday my dad tells me sexism isn’t really much of a handicap in today’s society. Today, I’m crossing streets to avoid men staring at me because I’m worried I’ll get cat-called again. I’ve been dealing with this kind of bullshit over half my life. I’m so tired of it. That’s not just a turn of phrase – just thinking about this makes me feel like I’m just dragging my way through life. And I’m comparatively lucky – I’ve been harassed a bunch of times, but never assaulted. But I don’t even know how to talk to him about my experiences. He’d probably be sympathetic if I just talked to him but my feelings are so raw that it’s hard to come out and actually say it.

It’s ironic that Dad is so worried about Muslim refugees coming here and sexually harassing/assaulting women when maybe one or two of the ~couple dozen dudes who’ve harassed me over the years might have been Muslim.

IBH Ardipithecus
IBH Ardipithecus

…unfit to government their own lives…

Perhaps he should learn to government his own use of the English language, before trying to government things to which others should, or should not, have rights.