aggrieved entitlement alt-right empathy deficit immigrants irony alert Islamophobia racism twitter vox day

Vox Day calls for expulsion of Muslims, hails far-right terrorist Anders Breivik as a “saint”

Vox Day: “Saint Breivik, pray for us!”

Nazoid fantasy author Theodore “Vox Day” Beale has had some, well, interesting, if contradictory, responses to the carnage in Manchester. The one thing they all have in common? Utter moral bankruptcy.

In his first blog post after news of the attack broke, Day seemed to suggest that the victims more or less had it coming to them. “[T]he Killing Season has fallen upon the West,” he wrote. “And the post-Christian West cannot honestly say it does not deserve it.”

In a followup post, Day changed his tune, instead calling for the forced expulsion of Muslims and other immigrants from “the West” — a racist crusade he likes to call “Reconquista 2.0.” He explains:

Reconquista is the relatively peaceful, civilized, and historically-proven-effective way.

Day, himself an immigrant to Europe who often mentions his own Native American blood, then “warns” his readers that such a “relatively peaceful” solution may not be enough.

[I]f the multiculturalists, globalists, quislings, and cuckservatives absolutely insist on standing in the way, there is an obvious alternative. However, they’ll probably like that even less, considering that it involves them too.

Nationalism intensifies. And history’s great tide is going to wash over the world whether we will or no. The coming season became absolutely inevitable, and totally unavoidable, once these waves of immigration into the West were permitted to take place. I warned you. Many others warned you.

Day suggests that this allegedly inevitable “alternative,” er, solution to the Muslim Question will be a bloody one indeed.

Perhaps the fathers and brothers of all the murdered children of Manchester will content themselves with candlelight vigils and platitudes, as so many others have for the last 16 years. But sooner or later, one of them will not, and that man will make Anders Breivik look like a moderate.

There is going to be a lot of talk about thoughts and prayers, as always. But, as it is written, do not neglect to leave room for God’s wrath.

While Day is careful to present his predictions of an imminent anti-immigrant bloodbath as a “warning” rather than a threat, he rather gives the game away with his choice of graphic for the post: a picture labeling the aforementioned far-right terrorist/mass child murderer Anders Breivik a “saint.”

On Twitter, meanwhile, Day isn’t even bothering to hide his anti-immigrant bloodlust.

Day has also been retweeting others as bloodthirsty as he is:

This is exactly the response the terrorists want. Day and others like him on the far right know this, but they don’t care. They share the same apocalyptic fantasies as their enemies; they just want their side to win the bloody racial war they’re trying their best to bring on.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

VictoriOUS Parasol, sorry. It was Victoria Day here yesterday, my brain obviously hasn’t recovered.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

No worries, Jenora. 🙂 And yeah, two short sales in a qualifying market gets you Associate membership. A third’ll get you Active membership.

Ellesar
Ellesar

It is totally beyond the fucking pale when these shithouses say it ‘serves them right’ because they decided the victims were SJWs or whatever stupid label they put on some children and young people who were fans of Ariana grande. Jut putting the word ‘were’ in there brings tears to my eyes.

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

So Twitter is still allowing users to post straight up racism and threats of violence. Good to know.

Vox: “But sooner or later, one of them will not, and that man will make Anders Breivik look like a moderate.”

And what exactly would that achieve? What nonsense.

Who?
Who?

@Jenora Feuer:

Even that and the fact that VD ran for president of that organisation, doesn’t seem to stop him fron thinking Worldcon and SFWA are the same, at last some of his “reasons” for going after the hugos was revenge for his expulsion from SFWA.

Looking through the rules there is only a jury for the young adult award left, probably because of VD?

For someone who wants a laugh: Search for the rapid puppyslate this year on File770 and VDs reasoning for his tacticchange. Alternative facts is I think what this is called today…

Parse The Potatoes
Parse The Potatoes

Gussie, the problem with your simulated conversation is the ending. Specifically, your theoretical right-winger has a sense of shame, and that sounding evil is a problem to them.
The right-wing blowhards I’ve had the ‘pleasure’ to talk with? They’d gladly see every domestically-born Muslim – radicalized or not – deported (“But where to? They’re from here!”), jailed or killed for being un-American.

Hesster
Hesster

@Ludomancer

Before the details on Breivik’s attack came out, the rabid right wing authoritarian assholes like Pox were blaming Muslims and gloating that leftist children had been slaughtered by someone they were trying to protect. In fact, I think I even saw him quoted somewhere saying exactly that.

So when an atrocity is committed by one of his ilk against unarmed innocents, good. When they thought the same atrocity was committed by Muslims, bad.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

@Parse

Oh, I have no illusions of their shamelessness in terms of hypocrisy, but if they’re deploying dog-whistles, I suspect they’re still not willing to admit to themselves that they’re the proverbial “baddies.”

Space Oddity
Space Oddity

I have a suspicion that while Beale probably started this in one of his “Must be a Shitlord” moments, he’s keeping it going in hopes of getting some reaction and kickback from Google/Twitter. He’s been going on and on about the alt-right making its own platforms of late–this is may very well be an effort for a bit of alt-right “martyrdom” to… well, hurry the program along.

Jurgan

“As abhorrent as Nazis and Commies are, they are observably preferable to suicidal civic nationalism.”

So he’s arguing that any actions, no matter how hostile, are better than allowing your Christian society to be destroyed. I guess I can’t argue with that. After all, I’m not aware of any major Christian figures who chose to lay down their lives in order to help people who hated them.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

@ Jurgan; … touche’

The one thing the christian fundamentalists will not allow to be a part of the discussion…

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

I think it’s because they’re afraid of consequences. They know that what they think is abhorrent to the average “normie” and they don’t want the social backlash for saying it out loud. It’s why they scream and froth so much about “political correctness.”

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Eat shit

@Nequam

There’s a They Might Be Giants video I’d desperately like to post here

(It was that, Istanbul, or Malcolm in the Middle. My TMBG knowledge is limited, and I just like that song)

DMW
DMW

Every now and then, in my darker moments, I imagine that some all powerful deity is going to remake the world. They haven’t really decided if they’re going to start from scratch or not, and there’s a chance they might want to keep humanity around. So, being the omnipresent super being that it is, it decides to ask every single person alive why it should spare the human race. And while I’m thinking about how to answer that, I remember that people like Theodore Beale exist, so I turn to that deity and say, “Y’know, if I’m being perfectly honest, I really don’t know if you should. We’re pretty terrible. Maybe you should just let the next most dominant species on the evolutionary ladder take a crack at it.”

Thus begins the several hundred thousand year reign of the dolphin.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

Though the right-wing would never understand, let alone admit it, their tactics and their mindset have brought us to where we are. No amount of force of arms is going to “defeat” (whatever that means in this context) an opposition who believes you want them utterly destroyed as your minimum acceptable conclusion. The West, particularly the U.S. has been supporting Israel regardless of the atrocities that nation has perpetrated on Arab and other neighboring societies. It has been made clear that any resistance will be met with violence orders of magnitude greater, and no request by Israel will be refused. It has been made clear that LACK of resistance will result in displacement from homes and fields, and refugee status.

If, as the yahoos say, “Islam wants us destroyed”, they came by that desire honestly, as it has been demonstrated since the Palestinian Mandate that we want Islam destroyed. Note, I don’t believe all Muslims see the West or see christian-majority societies as the enemy, though if Pox Day and the dumpster-fire-in-chief and their ilk have their way, we will continue to get closer to that condition.

We (US-ian) rarely take any action which would, maybe, make a few less recruits for islamist fundamentalist groups, and we rarely FAIL to take actions which will increase their recruit pool. And we don’t learn. We never learn. We Never, NEVER… learn.

The U.S. failed to defeat a people of color by force of arms in Southeast Asia a generation ago, despite dropping more bombs on them than were dropped in all of WW2. This statistic should, by now, be familiar to everyone who works in the war planning industry, but I’m betting it is not. To western, particularly to U.S. war planners, it is ALWAYS FRANCE IN 1944… And if we just hit a little harder “they” will have to “surrender”…. The war planners cannot comprehend the simple truth that if you have convinced your adversary that they will be killed whether they fight or not… they will fight.

dreemr
dreemr

OT, but now what is this bullshit?

IgnoreSandra
IgnoreSandra

@dreemr

I have no fucking clue at all. Sounds like a violent asshole decided to use his new religion as an excuse to commit murder. As opposed to the racism he used to use as excuses to fantasize about doing the same thing.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

@ dreemr;

“this bullshit” is a person with a fundamentalist belief that everyone should believe as he does, regardless of what that belief IS.

This is the common theme that permeates EVERY strain of fundamentalism, regardless of flavor.

ETA: This is really what separates social conscience from fundamentalism

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

Supreme Dark Lord

One would think this would be the time for the Saxon to begin to hate. #Manchester

One would think that . . . if one were a power monger with fantasies of genocide. If one were an asshole who devoted his life to hatred of the Other. If one were a self-appointed Dark Lord. (Snort)

Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major
Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major

So, I find it an appalling atrocity that filth like Vox Day gets published and people actually buy his shit. Like, actual shit. His books are quite honestly feces, there’s no getting around that.

All the same, I’m kind of glad Vox Day is around.

He made me question myself. I thought for a long time that my aspirations of being published and then having people read what I wrote were distant fantasies.

However, he showed me that you can write garbage and get fans.

My garbage is fun, wholesome garbage, too; not ‘JEWS BAD’ garbage of the sort that Pox Fey writes. Some Mammotheers seem to find my garbage amusing, too.

Overly Long Name
Overly Long Name

Hey this is off topic, but David do you think we could get an open thread for what’s going on in the philipines?

Nequam
Nequam

@Axecalibur: oh, that’s a cute one. The one I was thinking of might violate posting content guidelines lyrically.

Fujimoto
Fujimoto

Who?
May 23, 2017 at 12:11 pm
Is there anyone who is as bad as Voxman?

I would say John C. Wright, who, no surprise, is friends with Vox. He’s a more successful writer which shields him somewhat from fallout over views every bit as noxious as Vox’s. Look him up on Fundies Say the Darnedest Things sometime and keep a barf bag handy.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

What’s going on in the Philipines? I haven’t been much attention to the news today.

Bina

@Space Oddity:

Well, he/they had better get the fuck ON with it, then. Been stinking up the regular social media for long enough.

Go on, guys, build your little echo chamber…and make it air-tight, so you all suffocate on your own fumes.

Overly Long Name
Overly Long Name

@WWTH
Martial law was declared on the, primarly muslim, island of Mindanao in the Philipines after a terrorist attack by isis or a sympathetic group today that claimed the life of three soliders or at least that’s the official story but things are circulating around the internet that things are worse. I’ll only link to official things unless you want me to link the unofficial stuff.

Nequam
Nequam

@Fujimoto: You forgot his long screed about how he wanted to punch a (suffering with early-onset Alzheimer’s) Terry Pratchett in the face for daring to talk about euthanasia.

Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major
Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major

@Overly Long Name

Thanks for informing us.

I received a news alert that something was happening in the Phillipines, but I was too drained by the general events of the day to register yet another crisis. I apologize if this sounds terrible and actually, as I was typing it, it dawned on me just how awful our existence has become; that I can actually be too tired to evaluate what is, in fact, a genuinely serious incident upon which millions of innocent people’s lives are at stake.

So, yes, if you have any further developments regarding this issue, I would be grateful of it, at least. I’m attempting to evaluate the matter from the link you’ve provided and will examine it at further length.

ETA:

I request you link us to everything you have at your resources.

Tosca, Chaos made Flesh
Tosca, Chaos made Flesh

I’ve been reading recently on the causes of WWI, and they boil down to…a few petty and insecure men wanted to make others afraid of them. It was a dick-measuring contest which killed millions, changed the political map of entire continents, brought down multiple monarchies and permanently altered the lives of everyone who survived.

Because a few petty and insecure men wanted to make others afraid of them.

This is what Vox Day and his ilk on all sides of the political spectrum want. They want people to be afraid of them. They are poisonous and rotten to the core.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Because a few petty and insecure men wanted to make others afraid of them.

Because they conflate people being afraid of them with people respecting them.

And nothing can be farther from the truth.

Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major
Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major

@Tosca

I, too, am interested in that time.

I’ve developed a fascination for the previous world wars; a desire to learn as much as possible from them, and the First World War is overlooked by many because it doesn’t have all the popular figures people like to remember.

The world was also quite different back then. Consider, if you will, that Austro-Hungaria existed; and according to which political faction you belonged to, it was either the Glorious Germanic Austrian Empire of the Habsburgs, or the importuned Kingdom of Hungary forced into humiliating servitude to a brutal foreign power.

Anyway, I am no expert, just a fellow connoisseur of World War one material.

If you have not already, read “The Good Soldier Svejk’ by Jaroslav Hasek.

You can then tell me how amused or frightened you were of how accurately life in the collapsing Austro-Hungarian Empire mirrors life in the United States in 2017.

Space Oddity
Space Oddity

All the same, I’m kind of glad Vox Day is around.

However, he showed me that you can write garbage and get fans.

It helps when you can coast through life on daddy’s money. (Ted Beale–the only Trump fan besides Kushball who truly is just like his idol.)

They already are. They’ve got their own shit(tier) version of Twitter called “Gab”, and Beale is trying to put together his own utter garbage version of wikipedia called “Infogalactic”.

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina

@Alan

At a pub quiz the other week, my friend asked how the Romans knew to name the god Pluto after a planet that hadn’t been discovered yet. In her defence, she was under the weather.

Too bad there’s not a planet named Dionysus.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Honestly, though? How popular can that ever get, since they seem to thrive on letting the world know just how reprehensible they are? Can it ever bee as popular as Twitter?

numerobis
numerobis

Can it ever bee as popular as Twitter?

It hasn’t been getting much buzz.

Space Oddity
Space Oddity

It gets worse. As usual, they’ve crafted in new functions that allow them to ignore and throw out anyone who disagrees with them. Because the guys who call everyone else “snowflakes” hate getting their fee-fees hurt.

varalys the dark

Well I’m off into Manchester today although I am knackered having been up all night playing Bioshock for the last achievement I need, “Brass Balls”. I got it, huh-zah and it snapped me out of the funk I was in. Hopefully things in the city will be back to normal today.

DanHolme
DanHolme

Slightly OT, but Morrissey is being his usual charming self, with some sly insinuations about ‘politicians refusing to say Islamist’:

Can you not, Moz, please? You’ve spent the last two decades disappointing me, there’s no need to pile it on now.

You wouldn’t get this shit from Half Man Half Biscuit.

Violet the Vile
Violet the Vile

I see our own British Nazoid blonde Katie Hopkins – who I suspect was built and programmed by the same faceless Evil Corp that built and programmed Vox Day – is now under investigation by police for calling for a “final solution” to “the problem” (wink, wink)

Go step on a LEGO (now my new favourite thing to say, thanks @troubelle)

DanHolme
DanHolme

@Violet the Vile

The Daily Fail is still publishing her articles on their website today, though. I forced myself to read it, and she’s trying to defend what she said on Twitter. A little ‘gem’ from her screed: “If anything, united in one place, we are an easier target.”

When she starts going off on one about: “This country is sick. It is crying out for a doctor”, it seems she’s channeling Harold Saxon’s election victory speech. If Katie Hopkins is a future version of the Master, she’s a really badly written one.

DanHolme
DanHolme

Actually the Mail makes very depressing reading today. The lead article is ‘The bloody price paid for liberal weakness’. The Mail were alt.right before there was such a term, but there’s not much difference between their ‘mainstream’ opinion and some of the stuff you’d see on Pox Day’s website.

DanHolme
DanHolme

I mentioned yesterday that a relative of mine teaches at this school, and that I’d seen pictures of injured people being treated by it. Yesterday afternoon, this happened, which I think is brill:

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

“If anything, united in one place, we are an easier target.”

I’m far too lazy to find pictures of Sun Tzu, a Revolutionary War soldier and a Roman soldier all facepalming, so this’ll have to do:
comment image

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Re: Katie Hopkins

Gah! We’re currently discussing whether there’s a ‘final solution’ to the ‘Katie Hopkins question’. The consensus would probably breach policy here. It’s basically a variation on depriving her of the oxygen of publicity.

But I would like to see her and Piers Morgan shipped off to a desert island somewhere. Ideally Bikini Atoll, sometime between 1946 and 1958.

Violet the Vile
Violet the Vile

Ugh, the Daily Mail makes me ashamed to be British.

Although actually, I don’t know why I’m worried, because when I play Daily Mail bingo I nearly win:
tattooed and pierced
bisexual
woman
over 40
single and not worried about it
childless and not worried about it
does not own a wrap dress
sometimes wears hotpants despite having reached official wrap dress age
does martial arts
has short pink hair with one side shaved

I only need three more boxes. “Non-white” I can’t do much about (although I am Irish by ancestry, so I’m sure they could make something of that) but “single mother” and “claiming benefits” are both well within my reach. Once I’ve got both of those I will commit a crime and then Katie Hopkins will have so much material she will have a critical malfunction.

You’re welcome.

Violet the Vile
Violet the Vile

Forgot to mention I’m also obese, according to medical professionals.

However, I can do a 100 foot bus sprint without getting out of breath and kick over a 200-pound training bag with a concrete base. So my main response to people who say I’m too fat is “meh”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ violet

You might find this interesting.

It’s an interesting take on the fat people can’t be fit thing. The ‘too long, didn’t watch’ version is ‘if you assume fat people can’t be fit then you’re going to get your head kicked in’.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Violet the Vile

“Go step on a LEGO” and variants therof have been used around here for years as a means of wishing a subject ill will without violating the comments policy. I’m just bringing it back, hyeh.

dslucia
dslucia

I have to go back to finish reading the post and all of the comments, but:

There is so much awkward grammar in this that I don’t even know where to start. Why the jumping between present, past, and future tenses? And multiple past tenses, at that. And the egregious use of passive voice betrays the fact that there is nothing “inevitable” or “unavoidable” about whatever overwrought revenge fantasy alt-rightists have, but rather it’s just a way for them to try justifying their inevitable violence. And seriously, using sentence fragments for emphasis? I thought Bleugh was supposed to be a professional writer, not an edgy conservative teenager.

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

Since all the legos have been wished upon these people, I wish for them to find stubborn food stuck uncomfortably between their teeth and that they are unable to dislodge it despite any and all toothpicks and dental floss they can lay their hands on.