"ethics" alt-right antifeminism empathy deficit evil SJWs men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny sargon of akkad YouTube

VIDEO: Sargon of Akkad and pals literally laughing out loud about the murder of a fellow YouTuber

The Skeptic Feminists; Heather “Ivy” Anable is on the right

In the wake of the horrific murder of YouTuber Heather “Ivy” Anable, apparently at the hands of Aleksandr Kolpakov, one of her fellow cohosts of the Skeptic Feminist Youtube channel, some of YouTube’s most noxious personalities got together for a nearly two-and-a-half hour livestream dealing with the tragedy.

The livestreamers in question included the noxious Sargon of Akkad — I’ve written about him several times before — alongside lesser-known YouTube shitheads called Vee and Kraut and Tea, among others.

Despite the ostensible subject, the livestream turned out to be a rather lighthearted affair, full of jokes at the expense of the murdered woman and lots of what the participants called “gallows humor.” (There were similar outbursts of inappropriate mirth from antifeminists on Twitter and elsewhere online, as I detailed in a post yesterday.)

YouTuber Michael Rowlands has done us all a service by clipping some of the worst moments from the livestream and putting them in a thankfully much, much shorter video of his own. It’s only 8 minutes long, and you can skip the first minute or so, but I think it manages to capture the odiousness of Sargon and pals quite effectively.

Just a note of explanation: Rowlands’ video is designed to highlight the blatant hypocrisy of YouTuber Kraut and Tea. The first half consists of a clip from a Kraut and Tea video patting anti-SJW YouTubers on the back for their alleged moral superiority over SJWs. The second half is a clip from the notorious livestream, which pretty clearly shows what complete bullshit his claims of moral superiority really are.

I set the start of the video a little ahead to bypass some of Kraut and Tea’s more tedious bloviating and get right to his main point.

Thanks to commenter IshinDenshin for letting me know about this video. If you want to watch the whole livestream (ugh) you can find it here.

Ooglyboggles

Yeah I’m not going to watch that.

“I am leftist.” Bullshit he is.

painteyelash
painteyelash

Me neither, Ooglyboggles. And I saw a tweet from Sargon (May 8th) where he claimed that he “never refers to himself as a leftist”.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Must read thread about gallows humor. Goes on for a while but entirely worth it

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Can this be the thing that gets people to stop pretending that Sargon of Asshat represents the moderate and reasonable wing of the manosphere? Hell, can people stop pretending the manosphere has a moderate wing at all?

Zatar
Zatar

Sargon is such a awful person. I can barely even watch video’s that respond to his bullshit because that means I have to listen to his smug voice.

The fact that he’s hosting noted racist Kraut and Tea would probably be make me respect him less but at this point that’s impossible.

Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major

Any of you guys abreast of the new shit Sargon’s been pushing?

Apparently he’s 1/4 black on his grandmother’s cousin’s side, so he’s a minority too, srsly u guise.

Yes, he actually said that on Twitter or something.

Zatar
Zatar

Francesca:

Sounds like something Sargon would say.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

Oh, gargle my non-extant balls and call me a melted hunk of bargain-bin PLA.

This is not how you…anything.

@Axe, re: that tweet

Word.

@Fran

Yeesh. The most potentially douchey thing that a 1/4 black character of mine has done is explain to himself how okay it is to get dreads, and aside from that oddity, he’s generally an okay guy (though as of now, his nerves are frayed thanks to dealing with what amounts to a babadook and the child that comes part and parcel with such things).

@Francesca

I don’t see how “Grandmother’s cousin was black” equates to him being in any way black. Plus, it’s less important what his family history is and more the choices he makes.

Although, this makes him an eventual enemy of the fascists. They will purge him for this if he is telling any amount of truth here whatsoever.

@Troubelle

gargle my non-extant balls

If you need extant balls, I have some.

Note: I am not commenting on the video because I’m not watching this.

Ooglyboggles

@Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major
“I can’t be racist if I’m part of said race I’m being bigoted towards. This isn’t using race as a shield for criticism honest.”

Nothing like having first hand experience of people who do that to make your blood boil.

@IgnoreSandra
I look forward to seeing him get the burn notice like Milo and countless other has beens.

@Sandra

According to an ancestry thing I did, there’s Anglo-Saxon Royalty in my bloodline.

It doesn’t mean anything; all it means is that some white dude or white woman had sex with one of my enslaved ancestors.

However, if I was an asshole like Carl of Swindon, I would demand you all call me Princess Francesca of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and hasten me to a castle in Yorkshire’s rolling green hills.

I’m a white woman now. Give me my pumpkin spice latte and yoga pants, youuuuu guuuuuuiiiiise.

ETA:

[also proceeds to loudly talk about how THE BLACKS don’t work hard enough and how the police, are, like, doing a super job right now]

@Troubelle

That’s really cool! Your idea of RP’ing a mixed-race character that is.

I’m a fucking hack, so most of my characters are just one race. In retrospect, maybe they were mixed and didn’t want to admit it.

@Sandra
@Troubelle

I, too, have something to add in this mission.

I’ve never teabagged a guy before, but I will do it for you, Troubelle.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Next he’ll be saying his ancestor was a Cherokee princess, therefore he can say Washington Redskins isn’t racist. At least the fact that he’s a Brit will lessen the chances of him engaging in that all too familiar fuckery.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Oogly

“I am leftist.” Bullshit he is..

Wait, what? The word is fascist, Sarg. Spelled f-a-s-c-i-s-t.

@WWTH

Hear, hear!

@Dali

[smashes through the wall like the Koolaid mascot]

what about both sides being le same xd

ever think of that? like, leftists and fascists are the same, srsly.

hitler was a liberal communisms

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

These guys. I can’t.

I’m not going to even try.

@Francesca

According to my dad researching our family history, I’m directly descended from minor English nobility and might have a claim if like every other heir and possible heir were to die conveniently. But I see no reason to look into that.

It’s certainly no reason for me to go “I AM YOUR EMPRESS NOW AND YOU WILL REFER TO ME ACCORDINGLY”.

I’ve never teabagged a guy before, but I will do it for you, Troubelle.

I’ve never wanted to teabag a guy before, but anything for the cause, or for a sweet person.

@Dalillama

Spelled f-a-s-c-i-s-t

Can’t spell fascist without cis 😛

Ooglyboggles

@Dali
It’s been his go to deflect since day 0. This video alone kind of shows that he’s lying through his teeth.

@Francesca Torpedo, Femoid Special Forces Major

Kool Aid Man for the last time, stop bringing up your political opinions on an advertisement for kids! Little Karen does not need to know why the giant walking pitcher is making her feel bad for being the way she is.

@Sandra

Mmmh, I wouldn’t mind.

I kinda like stuff like that, actually.

@Oogly-senpai

Kool Aid Man for the last stop bringing up your political opinions on an advertisement for kids!

oh nooooo

@Francesca

Mmmh, I wouldn’t mind.

Well it’s a bit different for you to go “I don’t mind calling you a title and treating you in a ritualistic royal way, I enjoy such things in certain contexts”.

It’s something else for me to go “BEHOLD THIS INCREDIBLY MINOR AND TENUOUS CONNECTION WITH INHERITED POWER! VALIDATE MY POWER TRIP!”

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Sandra+Fran

If I ever need balls, I’ll be sure to ask y’all.

@Fran, re: mixed-race characters

Originally, he was the result of sticking (SOME) of the Homestuck cast into Tomodachi Life and seeing what the hell they did (which means “seeing who married who and had babbies”). But a little retcon to wipe the troll blood off never hurt anybody. Same for some of the other characters–my Mii’s own grandkid, extracted and distanced from the game, translates to Polynesian because weird Mii genetics.

Plus, I like to play Warly from Don’t Starve (Shipwrecked expansion) anyway. Not the worst point to jump from, though I’ve aired my laundry with its [comparative lack of] representation before.

ETA

Unrelated to anything, I tried raw sugarcane today. It good.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ fran

hasten me to a castle in Yorkshire’s rolling green hills.

I think Castle Howard would suit you. It’s from that later period when castles were more of an aesthetic status symbol than a practical defence. But it’s got a vibe you might enjoy; and indoor plumbing (ironically, something a lot of Yorkshire folk are sceptical about).

@Sandra

Very true!

@WWTH
comment image

@Troubelle

Ah, a fellow Homestuck friend.

I actually did some fan text adventures in that universe. They were silly but people liked them.

Like most things I do, I convinced myself they were awful and stopped doing them.

I do that with a lot of things, unfortunately.

@Alan

It would seem as though you’re well acquainted with my particular sense of aesthetics! Thank you for the suggestion.

A brief Google Image Search and whatnot proves the truth of your words. It is exactly as glamorous and fairytale-esque as I would wish for my domicile.

I particularly like the fountain.

@Alan

My time to edit ran out, but I shall confer upon you a knighthood for securing me a suitable home.

We shall conduct the ceremony in three days hence. All the Mammotheers are invited to join us. Period-specific regalia is suggested but not crucial.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ fran

I shall confer upon you a knighthood for securing me a suitable home.

That’s very kind of you; just watch where you’re swinging that sword, I quite like being tall.

Period-specific regalia? From what I’ve seen in Tampon adverts that’s really tight white shorts right?

Faerie Bard
Faerie Bard

@Axe re: gallows humor. Yep, that link sums it up nicely. Especially this:
“If the person on the gallows makes a grim joke, that’s gallows humor. If someone in the crowd makes a joke, that’s part of the execution.”

Not watching the video, awful people are awful. This story is sad on so many levels. *sigh*

@Alan

Fear not, gallant sir; my ruling style is less ASOIAF and more Frozen (the disney thing, not the supermarket section).

Your height shall remain unchanged.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Fran

I kinda crapped out towards the end because of Life In General, but…well, TL served as a very amusing crack ship generator, even if it was limited to only straight pairings. Somehow, Terezi wound up with Gamzee (those who know of Homestuck know that this is the exact opposite of canon, at least in the part of it I’m familiar with…), my little sister wound up with fuckin’ Cronus (ughhhh), and Porrim wound up with…Andrew Hussie himself.

(My Mii got lucky and wound up with Jake.)

also your tale is somewhat sad but i have little more to say

re: Alan’s knighting

…I got nothing for period-specific regalia. Better off hitting up the local LARP store than Hot Topic, though.

Steve Shives
Steve Shives

It might also be worth mentioning TJ Kirk’s grotesque, self-serving fundraiser that is named after the victim but actually has nothing to do with her or her family and is just his way of capitalizing on this tragedy to make himself look like a swell, generous guy instead of a professional rape apologist and cyberbully.

CN: If you click the link, be warned that the description contains lurid descriptions of the crime itself — details which have not been publicly released, which only makes this already disgusting exercise in exploitation even more despicable.

@Francesca

Period-specific regalia is suggested but not crucial.

Is 1950’s considered period appropriate? Hell, who I am kidding? 1950’s is ALWAYS appropriate. I have this lovely blood red skirt.

Fear not, gallant sir; my ruling style is less ASOIAF and more Frozen

Aww. I was hoping for more chaos and destruction.

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

Y’know what makes this worse? Carl Benjamin (I’m not calling him “Sargon of Akkad” – since that’d be an insult to the actual historical figure) was on good terms with Aleksander, or I assumed so given the fact he hosted the debate between him and Kristi Winters as well as some casual interaction.

Much to my chagrin, when Carl had made the absurd claim that Aleksander is the only feminist who does anything productive than hacktivism, Aleksander just soft-balled him and didn’t call that out.

But now he’s making fun of the guy and using someone’s death as the butt of a joke? What an utter piece of shit – moreso that he’s directing it at someone who actively humored him. You’d think he’d have the basic decency to leave him alone or even defend him against other anti-feminists.

…And people wonder why I think engaging with these assholes is pointless and counterproductive…

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ ignoresandra

I was hoping for more chaos and destruction.

Yeah, it’s not really a party otherwise.

Period specific dress is a weird concept to someone whose uniform was introduced in 1660. Every other profession got to move with the times. Even the clergy were permitted to stop wearing wigs in the early 19th century, but we don’t seem to have got the memo.

@Sandra

Despite my excesses I am actually a pretty peaceable person.

I suppose you might say that’s not always a good thing, though. 😉

A peaceful land, a quiet people.

-Roose Bolton

Lithp
Lithp

Saw on Twitter that he was claiming he actually stood against people making jokes about this. Not too surprised to find out that was a lie. He also called Shoe0nHead out for having some goddamn standards for a change as “virtue signaling.”

@NNNick:

I didn’t know this, thank you for providing much needed context.

It’s like Carl of Swindon really goes out of his way to be as awful a person as possible.

Fascinating. Really fascinating.

I wonder if his evil deeds will ever catch up with him, or if he’ll continue to sail through life in Drumpf-like success, never being held accountable for anything or suffering consequences for his actions.

@Francesca

I suppose you might say that’s not always a good thing, though. 😉

One of the many, many, many, many reasons I am and would be spectacularly bad at being in charge of things is that I get bored very easily. When I get bored, I resolve that boredom. This is one of the reasons books and video games are so amazing for me, and by extension good for everyone around me.

I can see this most easily in myself in a game of Civilization. These games are good at providing direct, meaningful goals, but when I don’t have one…it’s not uncommon for me to start world wars. And then spend the next four hundred turns fighting them to the death and complaining about it every second along the ways, but having a grand old time.

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

@Francesca:

I’ll admit this much; were I to ever, somehow, meet him in person – the first thing I’d do is spit in his face.

@Lithp:

He’s human garbage. How could you expect a change for the better from such a person? He said to a rape survivor and female politician that he “wouldn’t even rape” her and laughed out loud when Kristi Winters was describing a case of date rape in her debate with him.

It makes me wonder why someone like Aleksander, or Kevin Logan, is on friendly terms with the guy. Logan acknowledged that, yes, he’s getting worse – but I’d argue he didn’t help by indulging him for years. I wouldn’t ever have a civil association with someone who acted that way, even if I got along with them personally. Ethical principles are more important than having a buddy to chat with…

People say guilt by association is a fallacy, which it can be, but what should you expect when the person you associate with voices such heinous views and acts so disrespectfully? You can claim he’s “nice once you get to know him” but that’s a cowardly deflection from the fact that everything else they do is wholly unacceptable. Ignoring that is, essentially, validating and enabling such behavior.

Tosca, Chaos made Flesh
Tosca, Chaos made Flesh

Regarding this shitstain claiming to be part black…

There’s an excellent chance I have some Indigenous Australian ancestry in my background. Do I consider myself Indigenous? Hell no.

Is it possible to “be black” even if your skin is as pasty white as mine? Of course, there are plenty of fair skinned black people. But I wasn’t raised with Indigenous culture or relatives. I don’t have the Indigenous concept of family. I don’t know the Dreaming or the law, or even where my Country would be. The upbringing of myself, my parents and even my grandparents was working-class Caucasian from conception. I’m white clear to the bone, no matter what my ancestry.

For a white person to claim a non-white ancestor as an exotic fashion statement (the infamous Cherokee princess) is insulting. To claim a non-white ancestor as a bigotry shield is…I’m not even sure I know a word bad enough. What a tool.

Overly Long Name
Overly Long Name

Hey guys speaking of RP, I’m trying to start a Dungeon World (it’s a Tabletop RPG built around the apoc world system so everything is 2d6(+modifier if applicable)) RP chat, so I’m in the process of world building, and would like some advice would anyone be interested in looking at my notes sheet?

Also Since we’re talking about being a certain being a partial race and that being part of your identity, this is a perfect time to bring this up! So I’m half Japanese, but thing is I know jack diddly squat about Japanese culture. The other thing is though I want to connect to my Japanese heritage since I want to feel like I belong to a culture and am not just a non-cultured american. Would it be offensive to do that? Should I look into my Irish, Scottish, and Polish heritage too?

Ouroboros13

Are you Marina Watanabe? Because she’s awesome.

Monzach
Monzach

Guys, I feel inspired by this thread to come out about my ancestry at long last. It seems that I’m a descendant, through an unbroken chain of ancestors, of the Emperor Charlemagne. I mean, there are a few other claimants, like the whole of Europe and anyone who has a drop of European blood in them over the course of the last 1200 years or so, but I think we can agree that my claim is the strongest. So I guess I should just march right up to the ruins of the palace-cathedral in Aachen and claim my rightful demesne (which, for those who haven’t paid attention in class, would include the whole of France, the whole of Germany, the entire Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg and Italy down to about Rome). I promise to be as liberal a ruler as Charlemagne was, so look forward to the return of Trial by Ordeal (apologies to Alan and all other lawyers present).

Warning, this post may contain traces of sarcasm. 😛

Buffalo Headroom (it doesn't have to make sense)

@NickNameNick

There are words to describe the burning hatred I have for sick fucks like Carl Benjamin. If there is a Hell I hope he burns there in agony as God smiles.

Zatar
Zatar

Overly Long Name:

I would be happy to look over your notes.

Bina

“gallows humor.”

Yeah, about that: If it’s not YOU on the gallows, it’s not that. If you’re pointing and jeering from the crowd, you’re part of the execution.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Axe
Thank you; that’s a very good framing, I’m saving that link.
@Oogly

Same here.

@Fran

Minor detail, Your Highness: The Saxe-Coburg-Gothas aren’t Anglo Saxon at all. They’re just plain Saxons. There haven’t actually been any Anglo-Saxon royalty since about 1066. Since then it’s been Anglo-Normans, Normans, and Germans.
@Sandra

As an heir of Eleanor of Aquitaine, I see no reason to worry about your backwater crown.

Can’t spell fascist without cis

😀
@NickNameNick

The usual answer is because they’re kinda the same type of person, underneath all their talk to the contrary.
@Overly Long Name
I’ll take a gander at it. Also, I can give you some pointers on finding information about Scottish heritage, if you’d like.
@Monzach
You’re a filthy pretender to my Imperial throne. Swear fealty to me or pay in blood!

IBH Ardipithecus
IBH Ardipithecus

So, Heartless vile human dumpster fires, behave like…well… exactly what they are.

Just another day in the manosphere.

@Dalillama

Ah, that was just the English side of my ancestry. I also have Irish, German, and Dutch blood. So I can make a claim to Charlemagne’s throne. A bad one, but no worse than some of the other people in this thread.

I’m saying it’s better to buy me off so I ignore your prestigious claim in favor of my minor one.

Also, you can’t spell fascist without fist. Fist cis. Oh goddess no, I am not doing that.

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

@Overly Long Name:

I don’t see why it would but, then again, I am speaking as something of a Japanophile. 😛

Like, there’s a reason two of my favorite films of all time are Princess Mononoke and Perfect Blue after Blade Runner

@Buffalo Headroom:

I’d rather, like Milo Yiannopoulous, have him to simply lose favor and fade into obscurity – lacking all the sweet, sweet Patreon cash and forced to get an actual job – than any of that. That’s a fate worse than death.

Because, unlike Andrew Breitbart, I don’t want him to become vindicated or martyrized. That’d just give him more influence.

@Dalillama:

I do agree with that, especially due to my experiences, but Kevin Logan – though he also approaches things from a smug, mocking tone – has views and attitudes that are, overall, incredibly disparate from Carl Benjamin’s. He has called him out on such but, for whatever reason, he is on friendly terms with the guy and it bewilders me.

Maybe it’s because I’m a bit of a misanthropic recluse but sometimes you don’t need certain people as friends – as lonely as it might be without them. I used to be friends with people who made me constantly miserable with their ignorant, horrendous bullshit and, honestly, I felt better when I said “fuck this nonsense!” and broke ties with them despite the fact I was more socially active due to them.

Ooglyboggles

@Overly Long Name
Don’t really see why it’d be wrong.
@NickNameNick
Better to be alone than be with folks that make you miserable.

DanHolme
DanHolme

@Fran

Alan may well disagree, but Skipton Castle would be a fine one to head for – still lived in, convenient for the shops, and with some lovely culverting action going on in the river to the side.

That last one might be more of a selling point for me, really.

@Alan

All this talk of ancestry reminded me of a rant I was having at home the other night about these shitty ancestry/DNA kits that are suddenly popping up on UK television ads. ‘This is my face when I discovered that I am in fact a Viking.’

No, no, you’re fucking not. You live in 21st century Britain. You may have some Scandinavian DNA, but you’ve never killed Grendel, founded Russia, or had your reputation unfairly maligned by generations of Christian monks.

(Aside: I read somewhere that you ‘went’ viking, rather than were a Viking – that is, the word described something that Danes, for instance, might do when the crop yields at home were poor or populations in local areas were getting a bit high; rather than something they would identify as. Others may know better, however).

@Generally

According to various Holme family legends, I’m related to the Pankhursts, the Dukes of Welbeck, Joseph Merrick (aka the Elephant Man), and the 14th century Mayor of Chester. Basically, I own Manchester, Leicester, the Dukeries, and Cheshire. Taxes now please!

1 2 3