aggrieved entitlement alpha males alt-right creepy cuck daily stormer empathy deficit entitled babies literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny racism slut shaming

Alt-Right “traditionalists” don’t understand the world they want us to return to, part 973

Cover detail from Sept-Oct 1960 issue of “Going Steady,” a comic book aimed at teen girls

No one should be turning to the neo-Nazi online tabloid The Daily Stormer for dating advice, but on the off chance that you are, I have to warn you that they don’t know what they’re talking about.

I mean, they don’t know what they’re talking about when it comes to pretty much everything, but in this case their ignorance involves what actually went on in the supposed 1950s cultural paradise they want to return us to, forcibly if necessary.

In a post with the sarcastic title “Dating Advice: The Key to Good Relationships is Cheating on Your Boyfriends,” regular Daily Stormer contributor “Zeiger” takes aim at a “fat Paki skag” dating expert who has the temerity to argue that women searching for “the One” should date a bunch of guys casually before committing to one of them.

I know, shocking.

Well, it is to Zeiger.

Not so long ago, women didn’t feel like they needed dating advice. After all, they just had to stand around somewhere until a man came to them and took care of everything for them.

All they had to worry about was serving him beer and cooking his food right so he didn’t dump their ungrateful asses.

Zeiger illustrates this point with a magazine illustration from the 1950s depicting happy teenage girls learning to bake a cake, so it’s pretty clear what romanticized past Zeiger is harking back to.

Alas, we have fallen so far from this imaginary paradise!

But in the era of NUMALE faggots and Jew feminism, women are confused. They think it’s somehow their job to understand relationships. This is already a completely insane concept.

But it gets worse.

These days, they’re getting their relationship advice from insane Paki sluts.

The “Paki slut” in question is a “relationship coach” named Sami Wunder who was recently featured in the British tabloid The Express. Despite Zeiger’s headline, Wunder does not actually suggest that women cheat on their boyfriends. Rather, she recommends that women looking for a husband date multiple men, non-exclusively, holding off on serious committment until one of them pops the question.

Whatever you think of this advice, it’s hardly “cheating” to date more than one person when you’re not in an exclusive relationship, presuming everyone is on the up and up on this.

Zeiger is outraged by the very idea.

I guarantee that no real man would “put a ring” on the finger of some hoe who cheated on him with a bunch of other guys. A “man” so pussy-whipped would more appropriately be called a “humanoid slug.” …

What this shows is the urgent need women have for stable, healthy relationships. And that is something that can only be provided by WHITE SHARIA – not fat Paki whore dating advice.

Zeiger’s anger here seems to stem from the same mix of entitlement and insecurity that drives the alt-right obsession with “cucks” and “cucking.” These are men who, on some level, feel entitled to any attractive woman who wanders into their field of vision, and feel betrayed — even “cucked” — when any of these women date or marry or just have sex with some guy other than them.

But we’re not just entitlement we’re dealing with here. More than a few alt-rightist dudes — and manosphere dudes generally — fetishize nubile young virgins, not just because they’re creepy dudes who are way too into women and girls far too young for them, but because virgins have no way to compare their sexual prowess with other men. Many manosphere dudes are quite open about this anxiety, complaining that women who’ve been with more than one guy will endlessly compare them with their earlier partners.

These are the same guys who go around boasting about what “alphas” they are.

But there’s another giant irony in Zeiger’s piece: dating in the 1950s, at least at the start of the decade, looked a lot more like Wunder’s world than Zeigers in some crucial respects.

In the 40s and early 50s, teenagers were encouraged to “play the field,” casually dating an assortment of not-quite-steady partners rather than committing to a single person.

It wasn’t until later in the decade that teens began to shift en masse to the more familiar (to us, that is) strategy of “going steady.” And far from welcoming this new monogamy, many parents were horrified. Magazines at the time were filled with alarming articles on the supposedly grave dangers of going steady.

Here’s one from 1960 warning teens that going steady might be “too dangerous” for them.

Here’s one from 1957 examining the potential “immorality” of going steady.

And here’s a graphic from a pamphlet or magazine article from the era wondering when it was “too early” for teens to go steady.

And parents actually had some legitimate reasons to worry. On the one hand, they worried that teens who “went steady” without dating around first would settle down with the first person of the opposite sex who was nice to them, not realizing they could have done better.

On the other hand, they worried that teens who “went steady” would also end up going further sexually — which could lead, as sex often does, to pregnancy and too-early marriage. Indeed, the age of first marriage dropped precipitously in the 1950s as more teens married, helping to contribute to the spiraling divorce rates of the 1960s and 1970s as these too-hasty marriages fell apart.

It was kind of a screwed-up decade; happily, the sexual revolution of the 1960s convinced a hefty chunk of Americans young and old that 1) sex isn’t the end of the world and 2) it isn’t always such a great idea for teens to settle down forever with the very first person they have sex with.

The weird thing is that the 1950s parents, for all their faults, were more interested in girls and young women having choices than are the alt-rightists of today.

Parents in the 1950s worried that their daughters would end up getting too seriously involved with the wrong guys because they had no good basis for comparison.

Alt-rightists and manosphere dudes today are apparently afraid that no women will settle for them if they realize there are other men out there who aren’t, you know, reactionary racists who think women shouldn’t really be allowed to make their own decisions about anything.

I’m thinking they’re probably right to worry about this. And I’m glad.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Sadly, there is people for which working hard isn’t even necessary. Which is particulary painful for the one who feel they did not get their reward from working hard.

Auntie Kris
Auntie Kris

I second Valentine’s suggestion to become a sailor. I work on a long distance ferry doing a 2 week on, 2 week off schedule. I enjoy my job, and it allows me to spend my time off traveling and painting.
Entry level jobs pay well, and you can work your way up. Several Captains and Chief engineers here started off washing dishes.
Our crew is usually 1/3 to 1/2 women, but most of them work as Stewards. We haven’t had a female captain yet, but I should get a position in the next year or two.

@ lone galtian

If i am commenting on WHTM, then usually i am at sea 😁 at home, i have no time

@Auntie kris
Where is your ferry? Right now i am in new Zealand. Later we go to America.

Auntie Kris
Auntie Kris

@Valentine
Alaska
New Zealand is lovely. I cruised there while in school but didn’t get to see much other than the port.

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

Rhuu said

but honestly I’m having fun drawing at work, and being creative in other ways when I’m off work. Making a passion your job means that your passion is a job, and you might need to find other outlets that isn’t just doing the same thing again and again for your creativity.

I wish Husbeast would understand this! I like to design and make jewelry which Husbeast thinks I should sell. I also have carpal tunnel in both hands, so I don’t do it a whole lot. Besides, I want to make what I want to make, not what trends or fashion dictate. I also don’t want to do craft fairs or shows or tend a webstore; I just want to make some earrings and bracelets. *sigh*

@auntie kris

I have never been in alaska, only in philadelphia and charleston in USA.
I dont know if my company trades there.

I think new zealand is paradise. If i would leave my home to live it would be there. Although, quite expensive. I also didnt get to see very many things. Only supermarket, mall or just walking in the city. I have been in aukland for a day when i joined a ship. I went in the aquarium there and also up this tower that they have. $28 to go up and then $10 if you want to buy tea! Also someone thought i was german.

One strange thing i notice this time in new zealand is many people in shorts and flip flops. Some women with very short shorts. For me i thought it was already cold, i was in jacket and jeans and still little bit cold. Is this a normal thing in new zealand?

Auntie Kris
Auntie Kris

I had one day in Auckland, so I spent it at the glow worm caves just north of the city. It was awesome.
I visited in mid winter so I didn’t notice any shorts. 2 of our terminal agents wear short while they’re tying the ship up in the snow, so it wouldn’t surprise me.

numerobis
numerobis

A kiwi friend in grad school wore shorts year-round in Pittsburgh. I think they’re probably half-sheep, explains their cold tolerance.

(Then again, there was also one from Hong Kong who did the same. Might have been the Pittsburgh water.)

History Nerd
History Nerd

If you dated a teenage girl in the 1940’s or 1950’s, her parents would very closely scrutinize everything about you. You’d have to get away from her if they thought you were a creep or irresponsible (being a Nazi or frequenting PUA fora would probably also disqualify you).

Most states had statutory rape laws by the 1950’s also, or at least you could be prosecuted if a minor’s parents complained. Hell, even in the nineteenth century a grown man marrying a 14 or 15 year-old girl was frowned upon. Not exactly a PUA reactionary paradise.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

These guys have no idea what life was actually like in nineteen-wankety-three.

I remember a “Brady Bunch” episode in the 70s where Mike and Carol were so alarmed about Marcia “going steady” with Harvey Klinger, they sat both of them down for a serious talk about his intentions for marriage and supporting Marcia with a job. It had the intended effect of freaking them out and cooling off the romance. By the end of the episode Marcia was back to casually dating around (she’d gone through Danny, Alan, and Lester after dumping Harvey), all was well again, and nary a “cuck” was heard.

The majority of the high school romances I saw (including mine, also including the ones that took place entirely inside my head) had the life span of mayflies. People would start dating one day and be broken up by the following week. Sometimes the timespan was measured in class periods. There were maybe one or two committed couples that dated each other exclusively all the way through high school. In college the average relationship lifespan was months to years rather than weeks to months, but again, very few of my peers committed to a single life mate early on.

Even my cousin, who is married to her preschool sweetheart, dated other boys in between.

Women crave “healthy” relationships so much, we need a set of brutal, repressive laws to force us to accept them. It’s just like our urgent need for stable, healthy, radioactive sewage. Calling it healthy makes it so!

Rhuu
Rhuu

@numerobis:

Networking isn’t such dirty business. It’s what we’re doing here right now.

You are, of course, right! I’m actually in Toronto, as well.

I know a bunch of grads just go hired went out to Vancouver, and I was hearing rumblings that was where a lot of people were moving, to find a job.

So there are still 2D jobs in Tarana, but who knows?

(I love meeting others who work in ‘the industry’ on random websites. H’lo!)

@all the math talk: You’re making me want to sign up for khan academy. Maybe I can learn all this stuff, now.

History Nerd
History Nerd

I went to high school in the 2000’s, and you weren’t considered to be in a relationship unless you were “serious.” There wasn’t really much casual dating as in The Brady Bunch or other high school sitcoms, or at least none I was aware of.

It seems like casual dating died off in the 1980’s or 1990’s, when more people started going to college and parents were more concerned that it could lead to “going steady” or early marriage (our parents grew up when people married early and divorce rates were high).

Ouroboros13

@Axecalibur

Dude. No. Why? Quit it. Controversial opinion mayhaps, but it’s really not a shame we’re not torturing people to death. But the fuck do I know, right? All the goddamn time with you. Calm your shit…

The world’s rich (not just our American rich) don’t care about us. They actively rob and control us if not kill us. They’re the true enemy of most people in the world. They should die for their crimes against humanity.

Ooglyboggles

@Ouroboros13

That’s not for you or us to decide. That’s up to the legal system and the people who craft the laws for said legal system. Plus comments policy of not wishing death upon others. Protest, call your constituents and vote and signal boost, do those things which count as peaceful if you want to help everyone else make a change so these people are no longer capable of exploiting people like they always have. Don’t get me wrong, I understand why you’d hate them, fuck just a few days ago people were celebrating at the fact that millions would die uninsured. Still doesn’t change the fact that we shouldn’t do things like tar and feather them before sending them to meet a firing squad.

Do you think we’re not mad or vengeful enough of the countless things that are happening to us or something/

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

@ History Nerd

Same time period for me, and yeah, same experience here. The only time I ever saw multiple-partner dating was in Archie comics, which always confused the hell out of me.

So yeah, thanks David for the historical lesson clearing that up for me. It’s probably one of the aspects of those comics not updated since the 40’s.

History Nerd
History Nerd

@Ouroboros13

Yes. Read the comments policy. No threats or wishing that something bad would happen to people. It doesn’t help anyone. It’s up to the legal system if someone deserves to die or not (I’m not really a death penalty fan).

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Ouroboros

Who the fuck is this ‘we’ and ‘us’ you keep invoking? Cos, I’d rather not be dragged into your poorly concealed revenge/power fantasy, thanks

They’re the true enemy of most people in the world

My true enemy at the moment is ignorant, impulsive, violent, angry, bigoted white people regardless of how much money they make. Differing priorities methinks…

They should die for their crimes against humanity

Keep in mind, going back to your previous post, the crime that prompted this latest round of ‘who does Ouroboros want dead, and who’s acceptable collateral?’ was inheriting money. Inheriting money (or maybe just a lotta money?) is grounds for execution. By torture. Their ‘crimes against humanity’ can only be rectified by agonizing, inhumane murder, but the ones you salivate over in your head are just fine

Jackass

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

Khan Academy really is fantastic. I’m at 57% completion on Math. I just have to get one more skill from level 2 to mastered and then I’m done with Grade 8. They have other subjects too now, like science and art history.

CriticalDragon1177

David Futrelle,

Maybe you should also point to the idiots at the Daily Stormer that many of the parents of the white girls in the 1950s who they romanticize, fought in World War 2 or at least did everything they could on the home front to help the war effort, which included, not only helping the fight against imperial Japan, and fascist Italy, but Nazi Germany. While on average white 1950s moms and dads would usually be more racist, and more likely to support segregation than today, especially if they lived in the south, I have a feeling that most of them would still not approve of their daughters dating a Nazi, especially if they risked their lives fighting against Nazis to liberate Europe.

Suck it Zeiger!

History Nerd
History Nerd

When Marxists talk about the bourgeoisie, they’re not talking about all “rich people.” They’re talking about people who make exploitative profits from someone else’s labor. The problem is that workers are not paid fairly for what their labor produces, and the problem is ultimately with the system, not individual people.

@history nerd

Not just not paied fairly, workers should own equal share of the organisation for which they work. Then there is no way they can be exploited. Bourgeois would be the owners of workplaces – so can be middle class if.business is small and also not rich. But still with power over people, which would be wrong in eyes of a Marxist. Power to the people, workers own production etc etc.

Ouroboros13

@Axecalibur, when I speak of “the rich” I speak of the so-called 1%; the minority of business heads of the largest corporations, Wall Street lawyers, big banks, the people who partially own the prison industrial complex etc. In other words, the “masters of mankind” as it were. Two examples of their more known crimes include the “war on drugs” to sabotage apart far leftists and purposefully break apart black families and communities to keep a shattered underclass from taking action and revolting. Another is how they suck out money from services as basic as healthcare by cutting tax breaks from themselves. This is not occult knowledge.

By “us”, I mean everyone else or, in Internet speak, plebs. It doesn’t take a take a Marxist to figure that there is a class war (if you call it a war, more like a struggle) happening, and “we” all are getting shafted. There is a massive elephant in the room and millions of people, even those with advanced degrees, struggling to find jobs is one relatively trivial part of the problem.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

CleverForAGirl

I tutored math for years, no one is bad at math, there are only people bad at teaching math.

Me too. It’s absolute truth.

(I also spent 30 years working in taxation – though, in the end, that’s more about legislation and logic, the numbers are just the colours used to paint the real picture. It’s only if you’re a bookkeeper or tax preparer that your main focus would be the numbers themselves.)

Back to the topic, maths. For anyone who feels incapable, or is raising children and feels a bit overwhelmed about how to help them learn, there’s a fabulous book which is really easy to read and, miracle of miracles, doesn’t expect you to do any maths. It’s John Mighton’s The Myth of Ability.

In value for money terms, it’s best to get an online or 2nd hand copy because more than half of the book is devoted to telling people how to set up the kind of tutoring-coaching network that he promotes as a consequence of his serendipity-induced experiences* in tutoring himself. (Interestingly, one requirement is that tutors must be parents who aren’t fluent in maths themselves.) Very few people actually want to do that, but the reassurance from the first few chapters is priceless.

*The serendipity arose from a misunderstanding. The school sent him a group of learning disabled students rather than the normal-to-gifted group he had in mind. Having one student in tears after the session was a revelation. She was afraid she’d never be back – it was the first time in her life anyone had ever told her that she was “clever” for doing something.

Ooglyboggles

@Ouroboros13

I fail to see how millions being unable to feed and house themselves is a relatively trivial problem. Plus didn’t you pull a stunt like this when election night happened? What made you think people here would be more receptive to your bloodthirsty rants?

You do know that by acting like this you’re giving ammo for them to demonize anyone trying to change things for the betterment of common folk right?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Ouroboros

when I speak of “the rich”, when I speak of “the rich” I speak of the so-called 1%

Good to know, I suppose. Nobody asked, but OK

Yeah, I don’t wanna see you bringing up black communities. Don’t think I forgot you inviting violent trump supporters to ‘the hood’ to start a race war. I’ve got a long memory for that kinda shit. And I really don’t need any of this splained to me either

This is not occult knowledge

True, nor does it matter. Whatever the amorphous ‘rich’ did, we. Should. Not. Torture. People. To. Death! Is this legit difficult? Am I screaming into the void here?

With comrades like you…

There is a massive elephant in the room

Ah! So, it was an elephant? This whole time, I thought I was yelling at a brick wall (points for those who get the reference)

And yet, the primacy of class struggle remains axiomatic. Funny that…

ETA @Oogly
Sorta ninjad on the post election bloodthirst 🙂

Ooglyboggles

@Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
I have a penchant for remembering distasteful things more easily than pleasant things. Not sure if blessing or curse.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Oogly

Porque no los dos? When something is both a blessing and a curse, it ceases to be either. Nah, that’s called a superpower 😀

Lysistrata
Lysistrata

@Axecalibur
Thanks for the “superpower” reframing! I’ll remember that.

Ouroboros13

Yes, I know. People like you are like Catholic nuns, never forgetting any sin and ever so quick to punish. And you wonder why normal people hate you. Kindly go fuck yourself.

Ooglyboggles

@Ouroboros13
Yeah, no. How about fuck you instead for the ableism, religion dig and not owning up to your chronic need to tell people how much you want to harm others? It’d be more helpful if you stopped lashing out at other people and keep to civil disobedience when it comes to helping minorities and the poor.

epitome of incomprehensibility

re: math and jobs –

@CleverForAGirl – you sound like a great teacher; relating concepts to things is an awesome skill to have 🙂 Still, not everyone’s good at math or should have to be. My brother has dyscalculia and couldn’t pass Quebec’s grade 10/11 requirements; getting the needed exemptions was a pain, but he’s now in university and doing very well in his field.

I barely passed Grade 11 math myself. Problem is, I didn’t practice, and thought I could get by on formulas alone, instead of knowing how to APPLY those formulas (*shakes head at past self*). Then, in my early 20s, I was doing online tutoring, and I was surprised to see how teaching math made me connect to it better. My boss at the time commented, “You’re good at math… for an English major.” 😀

If anyone wants to read a Canadian YA book about a math contest (and you know you want to) I recommend The Math Olympian by Richard Hoshino. The good parts are good and the bad parts make it more fun, IMO. The dialogue is laughable, and a random Christian subplot is shoehorned in (the narrator’s friend Grace returns to her faith… she’s named Grace, so what else can she do??) but it’s really good at explaining the amazingness of math. And there are two major characters who are girls doing math, so it’s also misandry!

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Lysistrata

Thanks for the “superpower” reframing! I’ll remember that

🙂

@Ouforfuckssake

Sister Mary Calibur to you, child
But, like, why would I forget? I can’t just decide not to remember things anymore. If I remember, I remember. Unless you meant forgive? In which case, why would I forgive? You’re still doing the same shit. You never apologized or admitted wrongdoing. Even calling it a sin now is facetious. So, no, I do neither. How about just not being an ass next time, and I won’t have any sins to recall

And you wonder why normal people hate you

I can think of like 5 different meanings for that, and ain’t one of em any good

Also, I was unaware that I’m apparently so nigh universally hated. But if filterless, hyperaggressive, internet rando says it, who am I to doubt?

Kindly go fuck yourself

Sure thing. And you have a lovely night and morning as well

Ekans used toxic, but it failed

epitome of incomprehensibility

Hm. I wrote a lot and not about jobs.

Okay. JOBS. My experience: it doesn’t always work like it “should”. Just after I graduated (MA, BA Eng Lit), I applied as a proofreader to a mid-sized publishing company, went through an interview process, got accepted, started work… and was fired a week later because the company was short of money.

I spent a year and a half working part time, taking on a RA gig and online tutoring. One of the jobs I applied to was to a local tutoring centre, just in case they needed English tutors (they were asking for engineering ones in the ad). Six months passed. I applied again. A couple of months later, I got a call asking for a phone interview. I got the job, and now, two years later, I’m working full time there as an admin assistant as well as a tutor.

Now, I make about 1-2 thousand a month, so I’m not even earning minimum wage if you count all the hours (yay startups?) but it’s more than enough for me and I’m saving money. It’d be different if I had my own apartment, but right now I’m living with my parents, and I figure if I move I’ll try to get a place with other people.

NOW. I do have a “passion”. Writing fiction and poetry is pretty much my favourite thing in life! Still, it’s not something I want to do ALL the time (I’d be bored as well as poor if I tried that). I also love teaching!

(And I’m godawfully unfairly lucky to be living middleclassishly in Canada. Not that here is some Trumpless utopia, but the social safety net is a bit safer. I’m scared of what’s happening to healthcare over in the States.)

Valentine

Иди нахуй odourous ты не понимаешь ничего-_-
Did you live in a country in a war? You want to make violence? This is not a joke, not a game. Talk big in the internet, but what you know in real life? I dont know how old you are, but you talk like you are 15 and need attention. Learn something, learn anything. And then shut up.

epitome of incomprehensibility

@Axecalibur – I don’t hate you! And I’m very normal! For example, my shoe size is almost exactly average. If that isn’t reassuringly normal, I don’t know what is. 😀

Ouroboros13

Ableism? Where in this thread? I’ll dig a disgusting religion as much as I please.

Last I said anything so terribly offensive was a year ago. You’d think a chronic need for me to tell people how much I want to hurt them would have me say such things more often, not measured in years.

I can think of like 5 different meanings for that, and ain’t one of em any good

Normal people don’t get outraged over every little thing posted online. Of all the things to get outraged over you get outraged by me talking about killing exploitive, greedy, ruthless rich people for valid reasons.

@axecaliber

I also think you are class 😉

odourous is a moron. And is see from the other thread he says he is slav. Living in america too. And on here making us look bad and disrespect his ancestors.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

Ourobouros13, I think you may need to sit and chill.

I understand that this is not what you want to do. I understand that you feel that you need to fight a war. The world is fucked up and someone needs to sort out the bad guys. I feel like that at times too. Righteous anger is a wonderful feeling.

However:

A) The world doesn’t need more violent white men guided only by their own innate self of what’s right. The times that you and I most want to fly off the handle, are precisely the times when we most need to sit down and take counsel.

B) Even if the world did need more violent white men, this isn’t the right internet community in which to be urging such action. This is a place for mocking misogynists, not urging class war. There is a multitude of internet out there if you feel you must do it.

C) A good activist is always happy to be called out, especially by people with less privilege. Right now you’re not doing that, and it’s not helping.

D) This sort of thing is exclusionary. If you urge violence then you create a space in which the voices of the underprivileged are unwelcome; and there’s no point to a Progressivism which doesn’t make their voices welcome.

Therefore: Sit. Chill. Listen to the counsel of people wiser than either of us. When they say it’s time to fill the molotovs and take to the streets, I’ll join you. Until then, let’s respond to being called out in the way we should:

“Thank you for calling me out. It makes me a better person. I’ll try to do better going forwards.”

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

Everyone else: Chill too.

Gentlemen, this shit is unbecoming. You’re my brothers and I love you, but this isn’t the way we talk to one another.

If someone’s behaviour is unacceptable, we call them out. If someone’s views are unacceptable then we examine those views. We do not make it personal. It’s not cool and it doesn’t help.

If we want to see men behave better, let’s start with ourselves and the way we treat one another.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@ourobouros13

Oh, FFS.

(1) It was six months ago.

(2) It’s never okay. Comments policy!

(3) The other Mammotheers who are urging you to chill are right. Thanks, Mammotheers!

@ЕJ

Thanks 😉 i didnt know i was gentleman. But you are right it is better to behave correctly. I was a little bit joking with my comment before. Also i thought moron is a mild word, it means something more on english than i thought? I would say we can all be morons sometimes….

But i also think maybe Axe is correct to feel a bit angry. I understand his reaction more than i understand Ourobouros telling people they abnormal and saying fuck off when they tell him not to say ignorant things.

But also in america it was late in the night when Ourobouros was making his post – people say strange things in the night. Your brain starts want sleep and things feel worse than they do when you are in the morning. This is why for people with PTSD feel worst in the night.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ valentine (and our other sailors)

Bit o/t but had occasion this weekend to be discussing potential book titles. That lead on to a further discussion about book titles generally which lead someone to bring this one up. You might appreciate it (or even have a copy).

@ alan

Yes! This book is on my wishes😁 but it is very expensive and not printed. Looks good though. Nice to have a funny book about the sea. Most other ones i see are journalst trying to make it sound scarey to be at sea and study sailors like we animals or something different. Suppose to remove the mystery from sailing to help people on the land understand but instead just makes it more weird. And always always talking about ships sinking….

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ valentine

By all accounts it’s a serious and well respected book. All about COLREGs and that sort of thing.

I love some of the reviews though. My current fave being:

“As an iceberg I just wish my grandfather had read this book…”

@ alan

I would argue that the journalist books wish to be serious and well respected but are garbage )))

But this book, yes looks very good. And reviews very funny. My cousin told to me about it because he was reading the reviews on amazon 😁

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ valentine

Must confess, nothing makes my heart sink more than “Booker Prize Winner”.

@alan

Booker prize is for what? Nonfiction? I don’t read very many books, i am slow at reading, and also dont care very much about awards.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ valentine

The Booker is an annual award for best original novel (in English). I get the impression though it’s more of an industry ‘pat on the back’ for publishing industry favourites; bit like the Brit Awards in music.

@alan

So will be some old white dude winning then with some book about a old white dude suffering for some reason? 😉

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ valentine

Yeah, but then you give your prize money to the black panthers to demonstrate that really you’re fighting the power (over drinks and canapés).

Recently it seems to have gone out of its way to award authors from minorities, but that’s minorities for whom they own the publishing rights.

Some former judges, and winners, have said really it’s all down to who’s got the best drugs and who’s sleeping with who. Ethics in publishing I guess.