aggrieved entitlement alt-right andrew anglin anti-Semitism daily stormer entitled babies light treason literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever nazis with guns racism

Nazis debate: How Nazi should Nazis be when they’re out Nazi-ing around in public?

Stealth Hitler: Who would ever guess he was a Nazi?

So roughly 150 neo-Nazis, alongside some alt-rightists who are basically Nazis but kind of like to pretend that they aren’t, went a-marching in Pikeville, Kentucky this past weekend, dressed to the 88s in an assortment of Nazi-esque uniforms, carrying flags festooned with swastikas and an assortment of other Nazi-ish symbols, chanting chants containing the word “heil” and occasionally breaking out in Nazi — sorry, “Roman” — salutes. A few even brought assault rifles along with them, in case they needed to invade Poland or something.

Now some Nazis are wondering if the Nazi marchers were maybe a bit too obviously Nazi-ish during their Nazi march.

On the neo-Nazi internet tabloid The Daily Stormer, Eric Striker declares the rally “a sleeper hit,” predicting that it will lead to even bigger rallies in the future as “millions of hidden Alt-Right and Nationalsocialists in America” overcome their fears and embrace an explicitly racist agenda.

But Striker is worried that his Nazi buddies were perhaps a bit too blatant about the whole Nazi thing.

I actually support unironic use of the Roman salute, but only in its historic context as a gesture of honor to fellow comrades and leaders. When the goal is to lure Antifa to take off their “peaceful” masks, triggering them by Roman saluting them is also appropriate.

But at this demonstration, where nationalists outnumbered the increasingly irrelevant left, the two NSM affiliated individuals who were doing Roman salutes at a local media outlet zooming in on them committed an extreme propaganda error. It’s not so much the Roman salute itself, but that the image projected was that the rally was about shock value rather than real issues impacting local whites.

So maybe cool it with all the salutes, fellas? They’ll be time for those later!

Striker also has issues with some of the marchers’ fashion choices.

The citizens of Pikeville agree with 99% of what the Nationalists there believe, but superficial blunders like this, and the poor attire choice of wearing Schutzstaffel [SS] collars, distract from the frame we’re trying to build, and cause people to tune-out.

Also, maybe try to hide all your Nazi tchotchkes when the lugenpresse is nearby? In one Youtube clip, Striker notes,

there’s Third Reich memorabilia laying around, which should’ve at least been put away when the press was arriving. Again, optics aren’t everything, but this kind of stuff just triggers inculcated defenses of common folk who otherwise agree with us from joining. After winning them over, you can teach them the truth about the Third Reich, but getting them to listen first is the most important part. …

[F]ew will disagree that if the [National Socialist Movement] toned some of the outward eccentricities, they would have far greater appeal along with way fewer agent provocateurs/federal informants/misfits harassing them.

I guess if they didn’t leave so many swastika souvenirs lying around no one would have ever figured out that a group called the National Socialist Movement was really a bunch of Nazis.

Here are some of the Pikeville marchers in all-out Nazi mode:

Nazis Nazi-ing

And here are some of the same people in STEALTH MODE:

The subtle approach

Clearly, without all the “seig heils” no one could have possibly figured out they were Nazis.

In the end, Striker urges his fellow Nazis to emulate European fascist groups like Greece’s Golden Dawn and the Nordic Resistance Movement.

There is no reason their methods can’t be applied to America, with a few adaptations. Being a National Socialist isn’t about flying a Swastika or having an edgy tattoo, it’s about what you project from the inside: Honor, strength, courage, pride, love, loyalty and most importantly: confidence in the final victory.

Daily Stormer publisher Andrew Anglin follows up Striker’s post with a few of his own thoughts on Nazi “optics.” Anglin, who’s been known to throw “Roman salutes” around in public himself, isn’t worried that Nazi outfits and the like are too “edgy” to appeal to Americans, but that they really aren’t hip or sexy enough to get the cool millennial kids on board.

“The Golden Dawn and Nordfront,” Anglin writes, have created an

aesthetic which is both serious and sexy, and that is the model we need to be following. Nazi uniforms, swastika flags and people in bad physical shape are a part of an aesthetic which has been tried for a very long time in this country, with very little in terms of results.

Nazi uniforms not sexy? Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS must be rolling over in her imaginary grave.

Lea
Lea

They should all emulate Hitler by climbing into a ditch and setting themselves on fire.

@Pavlov

Thank you very much!

Also, I’m glad you brought this incident to my attention. It further undermines the godawful nonsense neonazis spout about how naturally all white people are secretly nazis.

It’s funny, really. They accuse black people of pretending that all white people are racist and then go, “Well, achshually, all white people are racist, it’s just that THA JOOOOOOOOOOOS don’t let us!”

And that’s obviously not true, as anyone can see – and the event you’ve just cited further indicates.

ETA:

White supremacist logicks:

David posted a picture of Hitler on here.

Therefore, David is achsually Hitler in disguise.

LOGICK!

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

I wonder how Carl “I can’t read for shit” Benjamin would excuse this rally, given his tendency to flippantly disbelieve that someone is a Neo-Nazi or fascist because they don’t have “tell-tale signs.”

It really is pathetic that he keeps trying to pass himself off as progressive and yet everything he spouts is borderline authoritarianism. I mean, for fuck’s sake, he started a petition demanding universities stop teaching social justice course ’cause he just happened to not like them.

Bina

…Third Reich memorabilia laying around, which should’ve at least been put away when the press was arriving. Again, optics aren’t everything, but this kind of stuff just triggers inculcated defenses of common folk who otherwise agree with us from joining.

Dude, you’d have a much better chance of success if you just learned to use English grammar, syntax, spelling and punctuation correctly. Your sentences are such a mess, you don’t need Third Reich kitsch lying around to scare people off.

@Bina

“Surely you can’t be talking about the Superior Intelligent White Male who single-handedly crafted civilization with his bare white hands and a naked blonde white woman clutching at his loins while birthing two pure, genetically white children,” Fransceca said, her voice soaked in irony. “I thought that they were supposed to be utterly perfect in every single action they undertake! What is this awful heresy you speak?”

Bina

@Franscesca:

O for the confidence of these worse-than-mediocre white dudes, eh? Well met!

@Bina

Thank you!

And, yes, I am totally jealous of their unfettered (and, I might add, untried) confidence in their ability.

Would that I had such overweening arrogance…eh, maybe not. It might get me killed.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

Confidence, of course, can be overrated.

Those Mammotheers who have ever seen even a moment of two of a Fail video know what I mean.

My boyfriend is addicted to them. I occasionally see parts of them.

And I am horrified.

Helix_luco
Helix_luco

Even at their most subtle, Nazis are always laughably obvious with their Sooper secrit codes and whatnot. But even if they somehow managed to actually camouflage themselves, the minute I see a political movement that’s uniformly white I’m already running for the hills.

Bina

@Kat:

Confidence, of course, can be overrated.

Yup. Those videos are not the only reason you’ll never hear me say “hold my beer”, but they are one of the many…

OLD AND BUSTED:

Telling people you can trace your bloodline back to William the Conqueror of England.

NEW HOTNESS:

Telling black people on the Internet that white people made the Internet, computers, and science, so they aren’t allowed to disagree with white people online anymore.

This is real shit that actually happens.

Shit has gotten so bad that on a certain pony fanfic site I hang out at, you can get someone telling you “AFRICA CONTRIBUTED NOTHING TO MODERN SOCIETY” in three posts.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

We didn’t?

Blinkblink.

Someone tell Christiaan Barnard. Or Jill Farrant. Or Arnold Theiler. Or, if you count people who were born here but left at a young age, John friggin’ Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

@EJ

Apparently.

Being the cradle of human fucking beings isn’t enough for Pony Nazis, even.

No, you have to have top hats.

The fuckface I’m talking about on this fucking pony fanfic site posted a fucking picture of a fucking top-hat wearing white man in a jungle with naked black tribespeople around him and stated that this is why Africans are inferior.

I shit you not.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

… Uhm, I somehow doubt that society would be particularly recognisable without, y’know, all the humans.

(Oh, who am I kidding, there’s a 50-50 chance he’s a creationist too.)

@SFHC

Or one of those nitwits who thinks Humans evolved elsewhere and that Recent African Origin Theory was ginned up by THA JOOOOOOOOOS™ so that they could do a White Genocide®.

ETA:

When I pointed that out, the fuckface in question was like “Oh, well, humans merely ended up there by accident, it didn’t mean anything.”

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

That’s just lazy. I mean, at the very least they could have drawn a picture of a white pony wearing a pith helmet. That at least would have taken some creative effort. Instead, they post a picture of a human on a pony board. They probably didn’t take the picture themselves either. Such superior. So creative. Wow.

As Bina says, why are the champions of the white race always the worst examples of it?

@EJ

Appallingly, I have seen pictures of white ponies enslaving Zebras (the Equestrian equivalent of black people until very recently).

For a very long time, partly because the idiots who made the show had a black woman voice the single Zebra character, the fandom decided that normal ponies were white and zebras were black, when drawing them as humans.

There were exceptions, but they mostly served to prove the rule. Drawing Celestia, the mane 6, and the rest of the normal ponies as black people was ‘shocking’ or ‘subversive’ and there are hardly any examples.

On this site I speak of, there was a black girl who made the mistake of writing a fanfic about a black girl who makes friends with the ponies, and people just fucking downvoted that shit to hell, until she deleted it. I was extremely upset when that happened and I never forgot it.

Returning to my original point…it seems DHX and Hasbro realized they messed up and brought in a black woman to voice a non-Zebra pony in the latest movie.

Ironically, her character is a sea-pony. A seahorse, basically. And this is amusing because white people like to say black people can’t swim.

I swim very well and have recently considered taking up a job as a swimming instructor. I’d like to be posted somewhere there’s rich white people with privileged white children, just to see the looks on their faces when they realize that n-words can’t just swim, but they can teach others to swim.

@EJ
comment image

An example of the FiM fandom practice of humanizing ponies.

It also serves an example of how Ponies Are White People.

I usually write about them as being either 3, 4, or 5.

It’s annoying to describe them as picking things up with their hooves and I like being able to say that they stood up or sat down or got into a car.

Franscesca Torpedo

The FiM fandom is basically what happens when you take all the negative things from the Furry and Anime fandoms and combine them.

That’s my professional analysis on the matter.

I was in both the Furry and Anime fandoms since the late 1990s. I know what I’m talking about, I’ve experienced both of them extensively.

varalys the dark

I once tried to see if I had any interesting ancestry, but going back a couple of hundred years just threw up English all the way, so I figured any further back didn’t really matter and stopped looking. Can’t say it’s anything I take pride in, it just is what it is.

@Francesca Torpedo: I love your modern interpretation of Norse legends. One of my middle name’s is Iduna (she who held the apples of youth) and a little sister called Freya(she has a chariot pulled by cats!), so I’ve always had an interest in them as passed down by my mum.

LindsayIrene, Rioting Werebonobo
LindsayIrene, Rioting Werebonobo

In a place that hot and humid (like a jungle), it’s smart to not wear a lot of clothes. The British inflicted a lot of unnecessary suffering on themselves and the people they colonized by insisting that everyone dress like they were in England, regardless of the climate.

Of course, the British also refused to adopt the custom of resting in the middle of the day in hot climates. “Mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun.” I don’t see infliciting heat stroke and skin cancer upon oneself as a sign of superiority.

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

Helix_luco said

I’m with you! And I’m a middle-aged, white-as-it-gets American housewife. Seeing a group of old, white politicians on the tee vee really gets my hackles up nowadays because they’re generally up to no good.

Francesca Torpedo said

I shit you not.

It takes exactly no imagination to believe this.

But it reminds me of a neat PBS series of six shows about the history of the African continent: http://www.pbs.org/show/africas-great-civilizations/ If you’re able to play these online, I highly recommend them!

It’s about time we got some docs about Africa that are about the humans that live there. Nice as the wildlife is, there have long been civilizations in Africa that are fascinating, too!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ lindsayirene

The British inflicted a lot of unnecessary suffering on themselves

A friend of mine worked for the UN. One time they had to emergency evac from somewhere dodgy. They had to abandon everything. On her return (and that’s another story, involving my truck nearly floating out to sea, but I digress) I helped her fill out the compensation forms.

“Who takes three cocktail dresses to a warzone? Who even takes one cocktail dress to a warzone?”

She looked at me with an air of genuine bewilderment.

“I suppose you’d wear the same thing to an evening function as a luncheon one?”

The British Army did adopt the shemagh though (those Arab headscarf things). They’re amazing (I have several), and the only bit of non uniform kit you’re allowed to wear on duty.

@Varalys

Thank you!

Also, there’s a few white people in my family tree – I imagine they owned my African ancestors at one point and had sex with them – and, consequently, an ancestry-tracing website revealed that I am, on my mother’s side, related to Anglo-Norman Nobility. I have my own coat of arms and everything.

12-year-old me who read TONS of Arthurian legends and sword-and-sorcery and medieval fantasy (this was before the recent epiphany I had regarding all the racists in this fandom/genre) would have been so happy to find out about this.

I found out about this very recently after my enjoyment of such things was spoiled, however, so I am not really stoked about it.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

Late to the party as usual, but:

@Franscesca Torpedo

Speaking as a white person, I don’t believe I’ve heard (or heard implied) that one before; however, I don’t doubt that it is a meme (in the original sense) near where you live but not me.

Doesn’t change the fact that it makes even less sense than other racist memes I’ve been exposed to.

@Troubelle

It’s actually a really big thing. Good on you for not being exposed to it, though, I’m glad of that.

Let me familiarize you with this racist nonsense:

Again, I, too, am confused by it because I am a powerful swimmer. I have swimming medals and was the only black person on my local swim team.

I really seriously want to become a swimming instructor just to destroy the preconceptions of rich, racist white people.

I imagine I’m gonna have some heavy resistance doing so as a transwoman, though. May never happen.

“URGH! I DON’T WANT [n-word t-words] TEACHING CONNOR/ELEANOR (common white people names for their kids) TO SWIM!”

Or something like that, I imagine, they will say.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Franscesca Torpedo

Eugh.

If it’s any consolation, I’d be glad to have you teach me how to improve my swimming any day. (I actually swam for exercise for a while earlier this year…then I got a nasty ear infection.)

Swimming is still good, though. I’ve always enjoyed it, though having to do so with my siblings pestering me to play asinine games with them turned me off on doing it for a while.

@Troubelle

I would be more than happy to. I am 100% the person you want as your exercise partner, too.

Everyone I work out with insists that I keep them motivated and fit. Been thinking about becoming a personal trainer.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Troubelle

This one is rooted in the racist nature of American public spaces. Whole books could be written on the topic (and have been), but the short of it is that public swimming pools have historically not been built in black neighbourhoods, and the ‘public’ pools that were built elsewhere were segregated or simply closed to black people.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@F. Torpedo (can I call you that?)

Hey, if it works for ya! Only problem is I’m 17 and low on liquid funds, and while my parents might fund me getting a trainer, they…Well, they’re conservative with all that entails. Also, you don’t seem to live in Kentucky, or at least in any part of it I’ve lingered in.

@Dalillama

Yeah, that was one of two things I came up with (worded as “Maybe black people just didn’t have access to public pools because racist city planning and shit?”) as theories as to why that could be. The other thing thought it might have had to do with claiming that natural hair is some kind of massive impediment.

@Troubelle

Yes, you may! Fran is fine as well.

I’m 27 years old and a hagridden old woman according to the Merps.

Also, I’d do the job for free for you I have alternative sources of income, you needn’t fret. I want to move away from this place so I wouldn’t mind coming to where you are.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Fran, then

Unfortunately, where I am right now isn’t where I’ll be for much longer.

I’ll tell you this much: I’m in a program that lets me take all uni classes on a uni campus, while staying on said uni campus, while still technically in high school and getting credit for that.

The semester’s about to let out. (Next week is finals week.)

My mom lives about two hours away; my dad, two hours and change. I’ll be switching between them weekly over the summer.

Then one more year of this program (assuming disaster doesn’t strike), and…I’m going to have to start climbing. Dunno where that’ll be yet, but it’ll probably be in the Indiana-Ohio-Kentucky tri-state.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Francesca Torpedo:

I hear that US white families who had an odd dark-skinned ancestor a few generations ago (usually a woman, either black or native) often retcon her to be an “Indian princess” or specifically “Cherokee princess”.

Then I had this random mental image of a Cherokee (or other native or black) person claiming, “My great-grandmother was an Anglo-Saxon princess”.

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

I just tried to make an avatar. It’s a pic of Marie Dressler.

ETA It worked!! My first non-quilt block! I’ll always remember you, blue quilt block…

@Artic Ape

That’s me irl.

@Hambeast:

comment image

ColeYote
ColeYote

You can always trust Nazis to overestimate their support among other white people.

Scoots
Scoots

Francesca Torpedo–I had never even seen this “ironic Nazi” shit until I started hanging around Pony fan sites. I’m not sure why–it’s probably mostly demographic overlap.

Bina

@ColeYote:

And especially among Germans. THIS German right here has no fucking use for them, since the original gangsters dragged both sides of my family tree into a war they wanted no part of, made refugees of my mom’s side (they were ethnic Germans in Serbia, at least until the Russians invaded in ’44), and proved themselves only too happy to threaten my grandpa on my dad’s side when he complained that you couldn’t get decent shoes in Germany ever since “that shitty Austrian” had backroom-bullied his way into office. Any party that would do such things, never mind killing 6 million Jews outright, has no fucking right to call itself a champion of anything or anybody. Nazis are THUGS. Period. End of story.

@Scoots

Saaaaaay, are you by any chance a writer of ponyfics?

CriticalDragon1177
Reply to  Scoots

Scoots,

You wrote,

Probably because a lot of these racist losers think that my Little Pony is Nazi propaganda, and no I’m not joking.

Neo-Nazi Trump Supporters Can’t Stop Fapping To Anime: Your Saturday Nerdout

Deleted Comments: Nazis And Furries And My Little Pony Because Man, People Suck

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, it doesn’t make any sense. Obviously to 99% of us, My little Pony isn’t pro white supremacy. I guess that these racist idiots are just desperate to find something on mainstream television that endorses with their backwards worldview.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

I think the whole ‘Black people can’t swim’ nonsense dates back even farther than public pools, all the way back to slavery. Slave owners would punish Black people for swimming since it could be used to escape. I’ll have to look it up to be sure, though.
Some racist white hotel manager poured acid into a pool because a Black woman was swimming in it.

@Crit
@Scoots

Average cishet white male brony’s reaction to this blog:

Franscesca, you ignorant [awesome black lady], that’s just some troll. You can’t possibly believe he did that seriously!”

CriticalDragon1177

@Crit
@Scoots

Average cishet white male brony’s reaction to this blog:

I wonder how the “my Nationalist Pony” would respond to the fact that the show’s creator herself disagrees with him about the My Little Pony’s message.

My Little NON-Homophobic, NON-Racist, NON-Smart-Shaming Pony: A Rebuttal

Off course I’ll bet he thinks Lauren Faust is just lying so that the “evil” Jews don’t come after her and stop her from eating pork, or something.

Rachel
Rachel

I was in Pikeville that day, and feel the need to say that the Nazis most definitely did not outnumber us and it’s hilarious to see them blatantly make shit up. If anything the numbers were pretty even.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

“Outward eccentricities”?!

So their attempt at gracious living through Third Reich memorabilia is an eccentricity.

Hipster facial hair is an outward eccentricity. SS insignia, swastika shirts and ‘Roman’ salutes are an efficient way to demonstrate your status as a toxic Dumpster fire.

These cholmondeleys think they’re Horst Wessel, but they’re Rudolph Hess.

Chrone star
Chrone star

@Francesca Torpedo

I can’t find that page anymore, but if I remember correctly I read an article of the Italian translation of the focus magazine website long ago (2009, maybe) in which they explained that the reason black people can’t swim (or “why there isn’t any black Olympic champion in swimming”, the real title of the article), which stated that the reason you don’t see very often black winners or competitors in swimming championships has to do with the fact that black people had denser bones compared to other races, meaning their body were less adept than other races for activities such as swimming, even tough they did state that there were exceptions like Ethiopians and Somalians who were capable enough to compete if trained properly.

Also, can you tell me in which anime does it come from the character that you use as your avatar?

Some Guy
Some Guy

“After winning them over, you can teach them the truth about the Third Reich, but getting them to listen first is the most important part.”

Replace “Third Reich” with “Xenu”

I realized these guys were cult-like, but not THIS cult-like…