alt-right anti-Semitism literal nazis twitter

Worst of Twitter: World Jew Watch kicks it old school

Sometimes the internet is just plain horrifying

I run across some truly appalling human beings on Twitter on an almost daily basis. So I got to thinking: Why not share some of the most terrible tweets from these unsung antiheroes of the internet with you, my readers, and ruin your day the way these tweets have ruined mine?

So let’s start off this new intermittent Worst of Twitter series with a fellow calling himself “World Jew Watch.” Here are a few of the nuggets of, er, wisdom he has chosen to share with the world in recent days, some of which hearken back to anti-Semitic myths so ancient there were already a bit hackneyed back in Henry Ford’s day.

Yep, World Jew Watch is definitely kicking it old school.

Victoria
Victoria

this is the problem I have with animal rights movements, they don’t care even a little bit about people, especially marginalized folk. remember the vegans comparing enslaved people to cattle? yeah, that’s why I don’t trust them.

Zatar
Zatar

Victoria
The Animal rights movement by design is meant to care for the rights of animals. If someone is in a situation were they can’t care for their animal then they are violating those rights. I agree there are situations were they can be dismissive to marginalized people but this is not one of them.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Victoria

Why not provide free pet food?

Good idea. Is pet food free right now where you live? Probably not. So let’s first recognize what the reality is.

Or do something to help the homeless not be so poor?

Many of us do. Weird assumption on your part that we don’t.

Why do we put the animal above the person?

I don’t. I wouldn’t let dogs keep homeless people as pets either.

Why take the animal away and leave the person to rot?

Why leave the animal to rot?

Your comment confirms my suspicion that you view animals as objects which exist to serve people. That’s just not how things work.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Oooookay, now we’ve entered Whatta Fucksville. Apology needed before any further communication can take place.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Okay, yeah, they’re one of those “I don’t know what any of these magical incantations mean, but the SJWs say them when they wave their magic wands at me, so I’m going to wave mine right back!” trolls (possibly Mark yet again, given the username, quickfire posts and worsening punctuation). Well, can’t say I didn’t give ’em a fair shake this time.

dreemr

I live in a rural area where the nearest vet is 45 miles away, and I lived below the poverty line as a single mom for 8 of the past 12 years I’ve lived here. I managed to still have my pets neutered and spayed, and to provide proper veterinary care for them, including vaccinations, checkups, flea & tick medications, etc.

Sorry, that’s part of the responsibility of having a pet.

Unlike everything you’ve assumed about me, I’m not some radical animal rights activist. I’m just a regular person, one who has lived in poverty for more years than I’ve lived out of it. You don’t have to lecture me on what it’s like, I know what it’s like. But you still have choices to make. I love my pets, but I only have one dog and one cat, because that is all I can afford to have and to take proper care of, to give proper attention to.

I don’t forget about the people, but the pet’s life matters, too, especially when you’re weighing something like hunger and physical suffering against intangibles like emotional comfort.

I understand that you have a personal issue with this topic and maybe that caused you to lash out at me, I’m willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on that even though I do feel you owe me an apology for your initial comments to me. That you continue to double down on your wild assumptions, your lectures, and your insults isn’t making your arguments any more attractive though.

Hexum7
Hexum7

I don’t see what right we humans have to mutilate animals.
If you are so irresponsible with your pets that you can’t keep them from breeding indiscriminately with feral animals, you shouldn’t have a pet.
But how dare anyone, shelters or vets, or whoever, assume that I am not going to take proper care with my animals? How dare they insist that I have them permanently disfigured and disordered so that they can feel better about their self-righteous selves?
I’m sick of it

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

comment image

Zatar
Zatar

What the fuck is even happening on this thread?

Ooglyboggles

@Zatar
Ethics in animal ball cutting.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

I have promised myself that I will not adopt a rescue animal from a shelter unless and until I am certain that I can provide it with the necessary care and treatment.

If I can’t do that, no pet.

Regarding the OP – anti-Semites have to be among the least original haters on the planet. They haven’t had a new idea since Martin Luther threw his inkpot. Even the Protocols are plagiarized.

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

Oh, indeed. That’s why I advocate for age-appropriate sexual education for household pets. I have also talked to my own cats about the risks and responsibilities that come with sex. I have encouraged them to talk to their doctors about birth control options, and to come to me if they ever have questions.

Oh wait, no I haven’t. Because they are cats.

Crys T
Crys T

Female cats who aren’t spayed can start going through cycles of being in heat that get closer and closer together till it’s constant, which is very hard on their bodies.

They can also develop horrendous infections in their reproductive system.

We once took in a cat whose owner had for years given her pills to mask heat symptoms rather than having her fixed. The poor cat nearly died due to massively inflamed and infected fallopian tubes.

It’s not “mutilation” or for the benefit of humans. Get your damn pets fixed.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Thinking back to when Demi was in heat as a young cat, she seemed to be in agony. 🙁 Poor girl.

Crys T
Crys T

Their poor little bodies can’t take it.

The kitty we rescued pretty much collapsed suddenly and had to be rushed to the vet. The wonderful thing was that two short days after her surgery, she was bright-eyed and curious. Even the vet was surprised and how fast she bounced back.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Crys T

When we went to the vet to have ours spayed, he told us to just take a walk (very small clinic, nowhere to wait around) for 20 minutes or so and then come back.

We came back 25 minutes later, and walked in on the horrific sight of our sweet little cat passed out on her back, stomach cut wide open. The vet was like “oh, just give me 5 minutes and I’ll sew her up”.

Me = scarred for life.

Crys T
Crys T

Oh no! I couldn’t handle that!

I didn’t see it, but my partner saw the fallopian tubes the vet removed. Apparently, normal cat ones are like threads, but hers looked like fat sausages.

How she was still alive was a mystery.

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

IP – I feel ya about the thread blowup; I decided to poke a troll a while back and something similar happened. Want some of my M&Ms?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It is amazing how resilient cats are. Dracarys was only spayed two days before I adopted her and aside from the shaved stomach, you’d never know she just had a major surgery. She was a little more sedate than I now know her to be but I think that had more to do with the respiratory infection she caught at the shelter than the surgery. For humans on the other hand, a hysterectomy is a huge deal.

dreemr

Apologies to everyone for any instigating I did that led to thread meltdown. I meant only to advocate for spaying and neutering our pets. I love my cat and my dog, and I’ve loved all my pets through my life.

I swear I am not some rigid kind of zealot about it. I apologize if I came off that way.

I really do just want us to take good care of our companions, and I know that the cat-lovers (and dog people, and donkey-people, and bird people, and hedgehog and bunny people?) here really do that.

peep
peep

@IP

For what it’s worth, I was just thinking this morning how cute it would’ve been to have seen my kitty have little mini kitties. Alas, it shall never be

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

The only answer that I can see to the spay/neuter question if (IF) we allow that it constitutes mutilation and shouldn’t be done is to simply do away with domesticated species. Which I find grossly unfair to those species since we pretty much created them to begin with.

Reproductively intact animals are notoriously very difficult to keep from, you know, reproducing. No matter how careful and responsible humans try to be. Besides, how much less cruel is it to insist that animals be left intact and then keep them from breeding?

I sometimes go back and forth as to whether even having a pet is ethical (even though Catbeast seems to think it’s fine) because I wonder if an animal that evolved to hunt and eat prey can be truly happy laying around, interacting with humans, getting fed processed food and such. But this is something that I can never know for sure either way.

What I *do* know is that these animals don’t deserve to be abandoned to become feral in a world where they get rounded up and killed.

Also, I love my furry old man fiercely and woe be to anyone who tries to take him!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

dreemr,

You’re good. I understand where Victoria is coming from given the behavior of PETA and also given the major privilege blindness that a lot of militant vegan types can display. Like, I can see how it’s a sore spot. But I didn’t see anything in your post that suggests that you think people are evil if they have pets who aren’t fixed.

AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester
AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester

@Crys T: I’m so glad your kitty got well. That must have been a scary situation.

My first cat was an older kitten when we adopted her. She went into heat about two months later. The yowling – my God! the yowling! We had her spayed and everyone, Kitty included, seemed much happier. For feral cats, I support trap-neuter-release programs.

dreemr

@wwth – thanks. For the record, I don’t think they’re evil or selfish. Irresponsible, yeah, kinda. I was talking about people I know.

@Hambeast – I think we’re pretty safe in thinking that our relationships with our pets are mostly mutually beneficial, at least in the way most of us practice pet ownership.

As for if a cat is happy/happier living indoors vs. living outside hunting, etc., well, when my cat gets outside all he does is lay in the sun. When he gets tired of that, he yowls to come back inside. He doesn’t try to escape and go hunting, ever, so I think he likes lounging around and getting his commercially-prepared canned cat food twice a day, and forcing me and my son to give him affection at his whim.

I’ve also seen the theory proposed (although I believe only about dogs, not cats) that, rather than people having domesticated dogs, dogs may have gone a long way toward domesticating themselves as scavenger wolves hanging around at the edges of camp. It’s been proposed that wolves with lower fear drives (higher friendliness) might have been more successful scavenging human camp trash. It’s a sort of symbiotic relationship between humans and dogs, we get protection and they get food and security. Cats have been useful at least since agriculture was invented, and may have evolved in a similar way, to fill a niche very close to humans.

All just theory of course. But the thing is, we can’t really know, it might be that this IS the most ethical way to treat pets.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Every now and then I am sad that my most-beloved first cat never had kittens, simply because I wish I had one of those kittens right now. I would have something of her in her offspring.

But she was spayed as a kitten herself and so that didn’t happen. My feelings are selfish and the way things happened were better for her and for everyone.

It’s okay to have selfish feelings sometimes. If we’re good people we don’t act on them, but we shouldn’t beat ourselves up (or be beaten up by others) for having them. A wistful what-if is not a terrible thing to feel.

@dreemr

I don’t see an exploded thread, I see someone attacking you who had no call to do so. Maybe I have a high standard for thread-asplosion but I’m not seeing it here and you didn’t do anything wrong.

@ dreemr

I’ve also seen the theory proposed

I’ve always found that theory very convincing. Now I do recognise my own tendencies to anthropomorphise animals generally and especially dogs. However it does seem to me completely plausible that the interface between wolves and humans would lead to a build up of trust.

I do often wonder what early humans thought about wolves. Were they just regarded as scary predators? Or did people in the neolithic (or before) find them as appealing as we do today. Contrary to certain films (I’m looking at you Liam Neeson!) wolves generally don’t attack humans so would we have even been wary of them? I can especially imagine people finding wolf cubs as cute as we do and adopting orphaned ones.

I’m sure you’re familiar with all the experiments that show even wild canines domesticate very easily (and undergo physical changes, like floppy ears, within only two or three generations).

Sorry, rambling a bit. But this is a subject close to my heart.

Tl;dr – if I was a caveman I’d definitely be feeding any wolf who hung around the periphery of my campfire.

dreemr

@PoM – thank you for your reassurance.

@Alan – I do think it’s an intriguing theory, but of course there’s really no way to know. I believe there’s another (or maybe its a corollary to the same theory) that posits dogs as a kind of advanced parasite of sorts, which, while an unflattering way to put it, did have some interesting points.

I tend to believe we would have been quit wary of wild wolves back in the day because they *are* an apex predator and we do have a long tradition of being afraid of them. If you’ve ever seen one, they’re quite large. Certainly I’d think if you were part of a more nomadic community, you wouldn’t want to go out beyond the campfire alone during a time when you knew wolves to be hungry. I would treat it with the same respect I’d treat a bear or wildcat.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

@Imaginary Petal
Have you considered fostering kittens? That way you could see your kitty being a Mama Kitty without her having to go through pregnancy/kitting. I don’t know where you live, or if there’s a fostering program in your area, but it might be worth looking into.

Re: free pet food
Some Humane Societies do have programs that provide food to low income people with pets. The Humane Society in Tacoma, Washington does.

Some shelters/rescues spay/neuter all of their animals before putting them up for adoption.

Pie
Pie

@Alan Robertshaw

You can domesticate them easily in 2-3 generations once you know how. If you don’t, then it is pretty hard and potentially dangerous work.

This isn’t always a bad idea, but there’s no shortage of stories about hazardous animals that have got used to humans and their offerings of food and then gone on to cause problems which can include killing and injuring people. I suspect that stone age hunter-gatherers who actually had to worry about dangerous animals on a daily basis would be less stupid than modern humans, but even so.

@ pie

less stupid than modern humans

Heh, I suspect I’m the lineal descendant of that one caveman who went “Aww, that sabre-tooth cat probably just wants a belly rub”; but somehow managed to reproduce.

Alan Robertshaw

Apparently dogs were just fine until feminists got to them…

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

I do believe that dogs did a lot of domesticating of themselves. Cats, too, but not to the same extent (I think) since they’re more solitary by habit.

But the fact is, all of us were born into cultures that have domesticated animals. Without them, we would be a drastically different species. I believe that because of that, all humans owe it to domestic animals to treat them as well as we can. I guess we can differ as to what that entails, but I still fail to see how not spaying/neutering works to any domestic species’ favor. (Hexum7 perplexes me!)

Now I have to go and medicate Catbeast.

Hope this link works…

Kurt Vonnegut’s “Thomas Edison’s Shaggy Dog”

dlouwe
dlouwe

@Hambeast

It seems we have very a very similar outlook on pet ownership! Whether or not pet domestication is beneficial to the animals, the fact is that they have been domesticated, and we have a responsibility to hold up our end of the “bargain.” (And, also, you know, treat them like living creatures that deserve happiness and comfort).

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Apparently dogs were just fine until feminists got to them…

Of course! Did you think the matriarchy would be content to just have cats on our side?

Seriously though, given that the woman said her dog barked like she’d never barked before, it seems pretty clear that she doesn’t see all men as threats. She just saw that particular man as a threat and probably had good reason.

Not that minor things like reading comprehension have ever stopped anti-feminists from being aggrieved.

Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows
Hambeast, disorderly she-tornado and breaker of windows

dlouwe – Yep. I even went without a pet for a good, long, while because of my uncertainty (and witnessing people who had pets and shouldn’t.) I succumbed when a friend with four cats had two of them escalate agression toward poor Catbeast (who doesn’t seem to have an aggressive bone in his body*) begged Husbeast and I to take him. I have never regretted it. Catbeast is a feline gentleman with exceptional manners and a damn fine nursemaid!

But humans who don’t share those sentiments should (please!) refrain from keeping animals. If they did, the ASPCA and Humane Societies would have a much easier time.

*cat toys and insects excepted and woe betide them!

To quote a friend:

“I might date a guy who doesn’t like my dog; but I’ll never date a guy who my dog doesn’t like”.

Seriously though that’s good advice. Dogs often pick up on their owner’s suspicions; but unlike women they’re not socialised to put manners before safety.

dreemr

For real though, don’t date a guy who doesn’t like your dog (or cat), either. Believe me, it matters.

dreemr

According to that manosphere dude, my dog thinks any delivery person is evil. I always thought Dog vs. Mail Carrier was a cliche, but she really does lose her head when the mail truck, the UPS truck, or the FedEx trucks come down the street. Any other panel van = A-OK. One of those = Deadly Enemy That Must Be Destroyed.

@ dreemr

I always thought Dog vs. Mail Carrier was a cliche,

The postman/woman is someone who calls to your door but is never let in the house. So your dog perceives them as an unwanted attempted intruder; hence the hostility.

Weirdly, the number of assaults on posties by dogs remains pretty constant year on year. How do the dogs know? Are they operating some sort of rota?

@Alan

Well, that would definitely make sense, except that the way our tiny rural town is set up, we don’t get mail/package delivery at the door of our home, we have mailboxes set up down the block all together, and I have packages delivered to me at work (since that’s where I am during the daytime).

And she doesn’t bark at the mail carrier or package deliverer him- or herself, since she never sees them, it’s just the trucks! But not the cable truck, or the electrician’s truck, or the Schwann’s truck, or the plumbers, which are all very similar to the delivery vans. Weird, huh?

😀

@ dreemr

Ah, maybe it’s because the Posties have allied themselves with cats?

comment image

(Argh, now got the annoyingly catchy theme tune stuck in my head)

dreemr

LOL I’m sure there’s some link that we puny humans just don’t have the ability to catch on to. I wouldn’t put it past our slinky cat to be in cahoots with the mail carrier for the sole purpose of antagonizing the dog and making her look bad!

Alan Robertshaw

Do not click play unless you want to be singing this for the next three days!

dlouwe
dlouwe

@Alan

*hums tune*

Damnit, I didn’t even need to play the video!

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

One of my favorite innocent pleasures, as I’m walking through the neighborhood, is complimenting dogwalkers on their dogs.

On the uncommon occasions when the dog barks or lunges at me, I can compliment them on having a stalwart defender.

If either of our sons had turned out to be the kind of boy (or girl) whose life is incomplete without a dog or cat, we would have taught them how to care for a pet. As it is, they were satisfied with Sea Monkeys and triopses.

Lukas Xavier
Lukas Xavier

I worked for the local postal service for some years. They had adopted the policy of issuing dog biscuits to all workers, to stay on good terms with the dogs.

It worked really well. There were dogs who recognized the uniform from across the street and struggled to come say hello (and get a treat).