alt-right anti-Semitism literal nazis twitter

Worst of Twitter: World Jew Watch kicks it old school

Sometimes the internet is just plain horrifying

I run across some truly appalling human beings on Twitter on an almost daily basis. So I got to thinking: Why not share some of the most terrible tweets from these unsung antiheroes of the internet with you, my readers, and ruin your day the way these tweets have ruined mine?

So let’s start off this new intermittent Worst of Twitter series with a fellow calling himself “World Jew Watch.” Here are a few of the nuggets of, er, wisdom he has chosen to share with the world in recent days, some of which hearken back to anti-Semitic myths so ancient there were already a bit hackneyed back in Henry Ford’s day.

Yep, World Jew Watch is definitely kicking it old school.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

Wow. That’s so very overt.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

I am grateful to my parents for having insulated me from anti-Semitism growing up. It’s been an incidental hazard of growing up Catholic in the United States for generations, but not in my family. I even taught myself to bake challah in my teens.

My sons seem to have escaped it as well; one of our older son’s best friends in Jewish, and invited us to his bar Mitzvah.

Regarding the OP – Jew hatred is the bigotry of choice for the congenitally unimaginative. No originality required, or even desired.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

The Jews gave us NAFTA…??

Wasn’t NAFTA Bill Clinton and Baby Bush???

And all NASA did was lie about the earth being round… amirite???

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Weird Eddie,

Bush the 1st negotiated it for years; it was supposed to be his “signature” legislative achievement. Clinton signed it into law, because he twarted Bush’s plans for a second term. (Although he did support it.)

Clinton generally gets the blame for its failings, though, since he WAS the one who actually signed it into law. He had nothing to do with drafting the agreement, though.

JS
JS

The star with Uncle Sam in it… That lock on the bottom is either just decorative, or the artist has a misunderstanding of how wood works. I mean, aside from the symbology, the manifestation is wrong, too.

The signature seems to indicate ’06, when Bush was in office, so even the political motivation is probably different.

I’ll take “Posting without thinking”, for $200, Alex.

Patricia Kayden
Patricia Kayden

So why does Jack Dorsey and Twitter allow this vile, threatening language to go unsanctioned? This is a man who is encouraging violence against a specific, protected class of people. What does it take for Twitter to ban him? This is why I forgo Twitter and Facebook.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I’m reminded of JRRT’s famous letter to the German publisher who wanted to make sure JRRT was a good Aryan:

JRRT had his faults, but he knew how to verbally punch a Nazi.

tim gueguen

I wonder if they’re connected to the long running group of nasties known as Jew Watch, or if they took up that name without knowing someone else is using it.

AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester
AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester

That letter from JRRT is my ace in the hole against the racist neo-Nazi creeps who try to claim him as one of their own. I laughed out loud when I first read it.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

There have been a couple disappearances I’ve heard about since Passover this year.

Holy shit, is that some overt blood libel? Futrelle’s right, this is a blast from the past.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

re: Jewish holidays

Speaking as a Gentile who got help making hamantashen on Purim just for the hell of it…wtf?

dreemr
dreemr

I grew up in a town with a very large Polish population, many if not most of whom had emigrated just before WWII and most of whom were Catholic.

We also had an earlier German and German Jewish immigrant population. So many of us were the grandchildren and great-grandchildren of these immigrants, and even though we learned of the Holocaust in school, I didn’t really realize that anti-Semitism was such a long-running and deep-rooted thing until I was a young adult. It really didn’t “click” for a lot of us, for some reason, and it isn’t that our Jewish peers weren’t observant or anything. We certainly knew they were Jewish and understood some little bit about it.

I really don’t know why I was so surprised to learn about the depth of it -I remember I had to look up “anti-Semitism” even.

Maybe because our parents and grandparents were much more blatant racists against POC (this would’ve been in the 60s and 70s) and not so prejudiced against Jewish people.

feartheminotaur
feartheminotaur

Some of these I wonder about the context (which elections? France? UK?), but ain’t no way I’m ever clicking through to some alt-reich Twitter account.

I’ll just fill it in with the usual word salad – cuck, cuck, jew, dindu, because feminists, free speech! #MAGA – and probably make more sense than the original tweet anyway.

AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester
AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester

The hamantaschen aren’t authentic unless they’re made with Christian blood, ya know. I read that on the internet. /s

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester

/hugs

Sorry you had to experience that, had something similar happen to me a few times.

AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester
AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester

Ooglyboggles, a few times?! Ugh. I’m sorry that happened to you.

Dave Henderson
Dave Henderson

Hey David F…

Who funds your website ?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@Mark

We do. And we’re proud to. I only wish I could donate more.

Franscesca Torpedo
Franscesca Torpedo

OH FOR FUCK’S SAKE DAVE.

FUCK YOU. ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO TRY TO DO THE “OMG SOROS SHEKELS FUND WHTM” SHIT HERE?

YOU MADE ME SO FUCKING ANGRY I USED CAPS.

Also, hello, everyone. You may remember me as Frank Torpedo.

I’ve been away for a while discovering things about myself and putting my life back together.

Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr
Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr

I’m calling it now. Dave Henderson thinks this blog is funded by The Jews™ George Soros.

EDIT: Semi-ninja’d by Dave (Futrelle, not Henderson)

Zatar
Zatar

Dave Henderson:

I guess we’d be “labeling” you if we pointed out that suggesting that this site only opposes Nazi’s because its secretly founded by a Jewish conspiracy also makes you an Anti Semite.

Kimstu
Kimstu

@AASB,MGH:

It is especially beautiful that he reminds his correspondent of what “Aryan” actually means to the philological/historical scholars who came up with the term in the first place: Namely, somebody who spoke an Indo-Iranian language descended from the language family including Sanskrit and Avestan that used the term arya for the identity of their speakers.

I can just see the spluttering indignation of some “Nordic” Nazi bureaucrat on having it pointed out to him that the real Aryans are, for example, Indians and Iranians and Roma! :p

Kimstu
Kimstu

@the recurrent troll currently going by “Dave Henderson”:

Who funds your website ?

@SFHC:

We do.

Yup. And guess what, “Dave”: you get to help! 🙂

I have just made an extra donation to WHTM in “honor” of your participation in this thread, and I hereby pledge to do the same for every one of these comment threads you show up in from here on. So keep those posts coming, “Dave”: your presence is earning WHTM more money!

Other Mammotheers are welcome to join me in the “Dave Henderson” WHTM Fund Drive, so “Dave” will know how much we appreciate him! (And so will the real David (Futrelle), without the sarcasm.)

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Sasquatch:

Your MGTOW train is here. GO!!!

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

@dreemr:

From your posts, I guess that I’m probably around 10 years younger than you are.

I grew up in a predominantly Catholic population, too – lots of Americans of Slavic and Italian descent. I believe there was a conscious effort made by educators to inoculate us against antisemitism. Now, I know Mr. Jew Watch here would say that the Jews were trying to brainwash us lowly gentiles, goys, whatever. Hell, all it amounted to was teaching us what the Menorah was, having us play with dreidles, and taking us to a service at a synagogue. We sure did get assaulted with “Silent Night,” tho’☺

Anyway, it must’ve worked, with me. I’m horrified with this surge of antisemitism.

Betrayer
Betrayer

@Patricia Kayden

Because people don’t report them.

If you have a twitter account, at the very least click on the one where he calls for doxxing and report it for illegally promoting harassment of individuals.

AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester
AsAboveSoBelow, Male Gaze Harvester

“Professor, are you also the bus driver? Because you just took these Nazis to school!” I’ll see myself out.

@Ooglybogles, I asked David to edit my post. These people genuinely scare me. Thank you again for the hugs. *hugs* for you, too, if you’d like some.

ErinV78
ErinV78

@dreemr

I have no doubt that you didn’t observe anti-semitism in your formative years, but I’m curious if you think the Jewish kids in your community would say the same? This is something I’ve been really curious about recently.

I grew up in Oakland/Berkeley in the 80’s and 90’s and was raised by my grandparents who were Polish Holocaust surviviors. Despite being a supposed liberal bastion, I was DEFINITELY aware of anti-Semitism. It wasn’t frequent and generally wasn’t scary and was nearly always was directed at my heavily-accented and stereotypically Jewish looking grandparents rather than me or my siblings

In reconnecting with old classmates last year for our 20th anniversary, I was shocked that several people (all white gentiles, mostly male) INSISTED that anti-Semitism wasn’t part of our childhoods and were frankly skeptical (if not outright disbelieving) of my account of the year that someone broke our front window where we had a mennorah or when someone called me a “Jesus killer” or the many, many times my grandparents were told to either “go back home” and/or “learn English”.

Sorry, that got really long! It’s something I’ve been thinking about and struggling with a lot recently. I’m sure my experiences have been influenced and heightened by growing up with people who were deeply, deeply traumatized and who had a pretty ambivalent (bordering on self-loathing) relationship with their heritage. Ugh, this shit haunts me, frankly, and I was born in 1978. It’s truly disgusting how much of this rhetoric remains exactly the same.

dreemr
dreemr
Reply to  ErinV78

@ErinV78

Well, I’m still friends with several of the Jewish kids I grew up with, 4 who still live in our home town. We were all born 1963-1966 years, though there are older and younger siblings.

It isn’t a topic that has come up often but it has come up in large group discussions we’ve had both IRL and on FB. The general recollection among my Jewish friends is of a few incidents of name-calling but looking back on it the one girl who talked about it wasn’t sure if the kid who did it even knew what it meant.

This isn’t to say it was some kind of idyllic and peaceful state, because it wasn’t. As I’ve mentioned, blatant racism was quite alive and well, at least among our parents’ generation, although my own may have been less vocal about it. Bullying was quite open, and class distinctions.

This was a mostly blue-collar, medium-sized city in Michigan. I don’t know if the shield from anti-Semitism was so much a city-wide thing as much as a neighborhood kind of thing? When I get a chance, I’ll ask a few Jewish friends from back home what they remember.

ErinV78
ErinV78

@dreemr

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Cheers.

Zatar
Zatar

Kimstu:

Heh. Reminds me of how John Scalzi dealt with Vox Day.

Franscesca

congrats!

NickNameNick
NickNameNick

Being a Jewish individual, the recent rise in overt anti-Semitism and hate crimes towards Jewish individuals – among other groups, obviously – makes me weep for humanity.

Then again, maybe I shouldn’t be surprised given all the anti-Semitic horseshit I had to deal with from both my peers and members of my paternal side of the family during my teen years. Made worse by the fact that the people who would either mock my identifying as Jewish or try converting me were quite proud of their religious background, which I could never ever be critical of ’cause reasons.

Don’t get me started on all the fucking times someone told me I “don’t look” Jewish…

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

Hugs, NickNameNick.

Welcome back, Francesca!

David Henderson
David Henderson

David F.,

So the readers fund you? They must be making regular donations. Must be hard for a spinster in a studio though.

I guess Western Based civilization can’t burn fast enough..

Sometimes it helps to find a sponsor. Maybe you can contact Haaretz? The Young Turks is funded by Al Jazera.

Just tell them your’re an anti Christian, anti white, pro-feminist website dedicated to destroying whatever’s left of the nuclear family and watch the sponsorship shekels pour in …

It might work right?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@Franscesca

*FLYING TACKLE*

comment image

Hello. =)

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

It’s kind of funny how desperately Henderson is scraping and flailing to find something they think will be hurtful or at least function successfully as an insult.
::popcorn all round::

ETA it’s like it’s the last few steps of his dance routine before leaving the stage, adorned with rotting tomatoes and odoriferous eggs.

Pie
Pie

watch the sponsorship shekels pour in …

Because of course you’re antisemetic on top of all the rest of your tedious bigotry.

Asshole syncretism. Honestly, it’ll be a pleasant surprise if the next MRA troll we get doesn’t have massive problems about skin colour or religion or nationality on top of the massive problems they have with women.

Pie
Pie

@David Futrelle

I’ve been letting his comments through because it seemed like people were enjoying his ridiculousness.

I dunno. No-one seemed like they were enjoying his presence in the last thread, and he’s hardly upped his game here.

faintingcouches
faintingcouches

Can we have the previous one back please, David? This one is broken and no fun.

EJ said this a few posts ago, and I think they are correct. Sometimes no one can be bothered to rebut him he’s THAT boring.We in the stalls are waiting for some kind of intellectual show down but all we are getting is drive-by insults and no real depth of thought, engagement or humour. I say ‘Bring on the crooked walking stick from the wings David, or open the trap door.’

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

These folks are oddly terrified of international jewelry. It’s one thing to support buying locally, but…

@Francesca
Love that name 🙂 <3

Makroth - wild west firecracker window-smashing soap-averse unionized cowboy Jacobin from Hell

I vote ban. The bottom-feeder has become quite boring.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

I find all trolls tedious and boring, so I’ll stay out of the discussion.

However, important question, do you folks ever feel sad when you think of the fact that you will never get to see your properly spayed ladycat in the mamacat role? I do.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ IP

I got my doggy fixed. It’s recommended for that breed for health reasons. But whilst I was very glad it meant a happier healthier life, I was a little bit sad that I’d never get to be godparent to a bunch of little Sassys.

Ouroboros13

Jews kidnap children to disembowel them? That is some hackneyed Borat level shit here, and I grew up with an antisemitic father.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

IP,

Yes! Dracarys was spayed by the shelter a couple days before I adopted her at about 2 years old. All I know about her past is at some point she was picked up as a stray. Given that she made it well until adulthood without being fixed and given that she has prominent nipples, she almost certainly had litters. I’m sad that I don’t know her kids and don’t know if they’re alive and well.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ David Henderson

Here you go, Muslim women taking on those Islamic fundamentalists you seem so concerned about.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

@ Ouroboros13

re: “shit (((the Jews))) do”… Just remember, a huge number of the people spouting this nonsense also believe the Earth is flat

no, really, they do…

REALLY!!!!

ETA: “Come to the Dork Side… we have Science…”

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

“Off-topic-Thursday” post, for those dealing with the “there’s-no-climate-change-it’s-not-getting-warmer” crowd, here’s a couple of gems of news from the (very) far North…

Cruise ship takes tourists through the Northwest Passage

Shipping company takes CONTAINER SHIP through the Northwest Passage

bonus link, wonderful Canadian folkie, the late Stan Rogers sings about the Northwest Passage

1 2 3 4