alpha males antifeminism creepy hypergamy imaginary oppression men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles PUA rape rape culture red pill reddit

The Daily Beast takes on the creepy Republican politician who founded the Red Pill subreddit

Robert Fisher: Red Pill Republican

So here’s an interesting little scoop: According to the Daily Beast, the long-anonymous creator of the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad Red Pill subreddit is, IRL, a Republican politician — specifically, New Hampshire 9th district state representative Robert Fisher, known better in Red Pill circles as Pk_atheist.

“It’s possible that now, four-and-a-half years after Red Pill’s founding, Fisher may regret his creation,” Bonnie Bacarisse drily notes.

When reached for comment by phone, Fisher denied participation in the Red Pill forum, claiming not to know what The Red Pill was. Though he did say he had heard of the men’s rights movement, he said he hadn’t heard of PUA. “What is a pickup artist?” he asked.

This denial aside, the extensively researched Daily Beast story makes a pretty convincing case that Fisher and Pk_atheist are one and the same. And there’s this:

Within hours of contacting Rep. Fisher, and after delivering by email a summary of his apparent connections to The Red Pill kingpin, his two primary Reddit usernames had been wiped, and four blogs connected to him were deleted or made private. He has not returned additional requests for comment.

While Fisher wasn’t an elected official when he (allegedly) founded The Red Pill in 2012, he’s been a Republican state rep since 2014. He also seems to be a cool dude with super-awesome friends.

Online, Fisher describes himself as an “attractive businessman” who owns a “small empire.” According to his Facebook, he is the COO of Same Day Computer, which operates two locations in New Hampshire. He was also the sole member of his indie-electronic band, The Five Nines, which may or may not still be active. …

Fisher purchased the computer-repair franchise from its founder, failed New Hampshire state senate candidate Joshua Youssef, who, according to the Concord Monitor, violated state election law by publishing a deceptive blog to “make it appear that his ex-wife’s attorney had endorsed his candidacy.”

It turns out that the alleged Red Pill founder has been allegedly saying many, many terrible things about women online over the five years since the founding of The Red Pill — and even before.

I suspect many of his constituents, especially the human females amongst them, will be thrilled to learn of his Red Pill philosophy. Indeed, Bacarisse notes, “Fisher’s past comments on a host of Reddit forums are arguably far more disturbing” than some of the more notorious comments of his less-than-enlightened Republican dude politicians in New Hampshire.

He blasted women for their “sub-par intelligence.” He said that women’s personalities are “lackluster and boring, serving little purpose in day to day life.” And Fisher once commented, “It is literally the [female] body that makes enduring these things worth it.”

But there’s more! (There’s always more.) In assorted posts, he expressed his great appreciation for “slut shaming” and his unhappiness with female autonomy.

“Marriage, and yes, female oppression, slut shaming, religion, these were all a means to control hypergamy … ” Fisher wrote on The Red Pill in November 2012.

“To give women autonomy is to take away the very thing that made marriage a realistic institution…  what I dislike is the general attitude that somehow we owe [women] something for sex … ” Fisher wrote on his blog Dating American, in 2012—just weeks before establishing The Red Pill.

It may not come as a giant shock to learn that Fisher has not been completely thrilled with his dating life.

He complained that girls were ghosting on him and standing him up. He aired grievances about the character of women: They were uninteresting, immature, unintelligent, lacked depth, and were entitled. He bemoaned that dating was easier for women. He felt it was unjust that women get a free ride, believing “a pair of boobs grants [them] equal footing with somebody bringing intelligence or a personality.”

Like a lot of his Red Pill brethren, Fisher is positively obsessed with alleged false rape accusations, and claimed that one of his ex-girlfriends once threatened to falsely accuse him.

“If you’re unattractive, feminism tells us, you’re likely a rapist,”he wrote in one Red Pill post.”[M]en are tip-toeing to make sure they don’t accidentally become rapists themselves.”

And it only gets creepier from here.

In 2008, writing under the username FredFredrickson, Fisher posited that the notion that “rape is bad” was not an absolute truth. He wrote, “I’m going to say it—Rape isn’t an absolute bad, because the rapist I think probably likes it a lot. I think he’d say it’s quite good, really.”

Though he stated he “doesn’t advocate breaking the law,” Fisher said online in 2012 that a 40-year-old man asking to see the breasts of a 15-year-old wasn’t creepy. Instead, he said it was “evolutionarily advantageous and perfectly natural.”

Fisher’s Red Pill beliefs aren’t just something he’s shared anonymously online:

As a candidate for state representative, Fisher proposed bringing concerns about the supposed plague of false rape accusations into the statehouse. Hosting a forum on Reddit under the username RobertFisherforNH, Fisher sought ideas to prevent “innocent people [from] receiving jail time.” He argued that because in rape cases “police err on the side of caution,” and show a high level of support for victims, the system was “susceptible to abuse” by women.

Given his noxious views, you may be pleased to note that Fisher is not what you’d call an influential politician, even on the state level. Partly because he seems to be a very lazy one.

“At his request, Fisher serves on no committees in the New Hampshire House,” Bacarisse notes. “Out of the 114 record votes so far during the 2017 session, Fisher has cast votes in half.”

Hopefully, after news of all this gets to his constituents, Fisher will go from being an ineffectual politician to being an ineffectual ex-politician.

ColeYote
ColeYote

Just when I think my opinion of Republicans can’t get lower…

Gretchen
Gretchen

Dude, who granted them that “footing”? YOU! Nobody’s forcing you to value boobs more than personality or intelligence! Nobody!

cat
cat

I just gotta say it.. stealing isn’t all bad! I enjoy the things I’ve stolen very much! I think stealing is quite good really!

(y’all i don’t really steal stuff of course, i’m just baffled by a politician with this level of confusion about how crime works)

Lysistrata
Lysistrata

I love the bit where he complains that listing his accomplishments on dates turns off women, despite it being characteristic of an alpha male.

So, either the theory is wrong
or
Women are smarter than you think, and certainly smart enough to see through an empty boast
or
both of the above.

But wow, some of the rest. There’s nothing in the comments against calling somebody an evil shithead, is there?

dreemr
dreemr

Thanks for writing about this, David. Story was picked up by NY Magazine and Raw Story so we’ll see what happens. I do hope this comes to the attention of his constituents and customers.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

Probably not, but the upside is that his constituency is only about 3,000 people. Which is too many, obviously, but not a huge number. New Hampshire has a very large House relative to their population. Also they’re not paid. (Technically they get $200 annually, but that amounts to not being paid these days.)

Moggie
Moggie

I honestly don’t know how that compares to other NH pols. It sounds bad, but for all I know it might be pretty typical. Looks to me like the state house is over-staffed: 400 representatives for a population of less than 1.5 million? So maybe a lot of them can afford to be lazy bums.

Deathtothefilth
Deathtothefilth

A GOP politician is a misogynistic asshole worth no redeeming characteristics? Well knock me over with a feather!

Haise, the husky puppy
Haise, the husky puppy

Why is telling these disgusting, bottom-feeding scum that sexually preying on UNDERAGE MINORS IS BAD AND WRONG?

I would not be surprised if something like ‘Pizzagate’ was happening in the inner alt-right circle.

Pie
Pie

Dude, this is what happens when you play womens’ games by their rules. There’s clearly only one way to offset their home court advantage. Get two pairs of boobs for yourself. Along with your demonstrated intelligence and winning personality, you’ll be unstoppable.

Tovius
Tovius

Well, they do like projecting…

dreemr
dreemr

In my neck of the woods, a teacher has recently been sentenced to 2 years of prison for having a sexual relationship with his 15 year old student.

I have a 15 year old son, and all I can think is: gross. How do you sexualize these children?

Add to it that his defense attorney felt perfectly fine blaming the victim for the relationship, calling her precocious, sexually experienced, and claiming his 31 year-old client was basically helpless to say “no” to, remember, we’re talking about a CHILD here.

Then there was the kidnapping of another young girl by her 50 year old health teacher, who had plans to whisk her off to Mexico.

And no, it’s no different when a woman teacher abuses a male student, or when a same-sex teacher abuses a student. It is plain wrong.

Our entire culture tends to normalize this kind of sexual attraction to much-younger partners, but places like TRP and other manosphere areas are where it really finds its footing.

Pie
Pie

At the risk of being a party pooper, can I suggest that we not do things like this? It isn’t too far away from suggesting that deeply homophobic people are secretly gay, for example, and I’d like to think we know that sort of thing is problematic by now.

One can be a fucking horrible human being with astonishing levels of credulity when it comes to conspiracy theories about one’s enemies without actually being a child trafficking paedophile rapist. So we could just stick with what we can see (“credulous assholes”) without repeating their own farfetched ideas back at them.

Pie
Pie

At the risk of being a party pooper, can I point out that there’s a line between “horrible human beings with shitty ideas about age and consent” and “actual child-trafficking paedophile rapists”. There’s more than enough dirt on this side of the line, so there’s no real need join the alt-reich’s tireless legions of credulous shit-flinging conspiracy mongers on the other side.

Godzilla Roberts
Godzilla Roberts

I just… I almost lost it at the rape can’t be bad because rapists enjoy it. I was a victim of child abuse for years… was my abuse okay because it got my uncle’s rocks off? NO.

Jesus, how hard is this shit? If it hurts someone it’s wrong. x__x

David Henderson
David Henderson

Good.

If he can remove the abusive laws that allow women to receive cash and prizes for blowing their families up, ripping their kids away from their fathers and poisoning the kids with lies for child support payments, and making false domestic violence and “I changed my mind” rape accusations anytime they damn well please with NO consequences … well .. I’m not a Republican .. but this dude has my vote.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

I’ll read the post and comments very soon, just a quick OT:

I just had to call the emergency number because of a fire in our garbage room. We have trash chutes on the balconies that lead down to a locked room on ground level. I started smelling smoke in the apartment and went out on the balcony to see if it was coming from outside, and noticed lots of smoke coming from the chute. We called for help, packed up the cats and warned the neighbors. The staircase was warm and smokey, so it was pretty scary. All good now though. I had to give a statement to the police, but it’s probably just some jackass threw a cigarette down the chute. Bleh. Feeling a little sick from inhaling smoke + stress, but otherwise we’re fine. Anyways, now I’m gonna read the redpillery fuckery.

Haise, the husky puppy
Haise, the husky puppy

@ Pie

Not a party-pooper at all!

I may have (almost) angrily spoken too quickly, sorry sorry. Anything involving children and abuse hits me close.. But I will definitely not join that legion of shit-flinging conspiracy mongers.

dlouwe
dlouwe

@Pie

But here’s the thing: I wouldn’t be surprised. That’s just the truth.

I haven’t seen any direct evidence of such a thing, so I’m not going to say that it’s happened. I also really really hope that it hasn’t. But given their track record for projection and general fuckery, I would react to such evidence with more of a “Oh fucking hell” than “Wait, really??”

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Pie

I think when they openly support the idea of raping children, it’s only reasonable to wonder if they might actually be raping children.

jj
jj

More women-hating insecure dudes. Look in the mirror. Look at your ugly comments. Nothing is more repellant than a wimpy man who blames women for the fact he’s ugly and repulsive and unable to grasp the adult world. Grow up. Also, good luck getting re-elected.

Betrayer
Betrayer

@Pie

I’m with you this time. When the facts are on our side, there’s no reason to lie.

Unless there is evidence suggesting otherwise, we’ll just leave it at him being a pedophile sexual harasser rape apologist. No need to exaggerate and add in kidnapping. He could just be all talk.

dreemr
dreemr

@IP – scary! Glad you’re all okay, including the kitties.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Betrayer

Nobody lied. Careful with the accusations. They said they wouldn’t be surprised if some of these glorifiers of child rape turned out to be child rapists. Neither would I.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Ok, what did I say that my post wouldn’t appear??

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

Plant seeds of a tanglin’ vine
Walk away in a straight line
Take your sweet motherfuckin’ time
And let those weeds grow

But eventually you’ll get kudzu
And soon they’ll learn that it was you
Don’t you dare ask “what did I do?”
It didn’t take a pro

To figure out the tracks on this trail
Leadin’ to you, lookin’ awfully pale
A hurricane led up to by a gale
Won’t do too much good to lie low

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

Expose the assholes for what they are before they can achieve any higher office.

This is where hiding behind a anon nym comes to bite one in the ass.

Fuck these people. So, so sick of their toxic attitudes and the active harm they cause others.

Godzilla: I’m so sorry. Net hugs if you want them!

IP: glad you and yours are safe!

David: Please continue to feel better!

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I’m starting an applause pile for Troubelle’s latest effort. It’s a much more articulate response than I can manage right now.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

All right, I give up. Don’t know what is hanging up my post.

Glad this guy was revealed.

Godzilla, hugs.

IP, glad you and everyone are okay.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic

When hiding behind a keyboard spills over to real life.

Ha ha ha.

Get them now before they are elected into even higher office.

The politics of online douchebaggery, come home to roost.

IgnoreSandra
IgnoreSandra

I’m glad there’s evidence, and that he’s been exposed.

I’m seriously not surprised that male politicians are part of the online misogynist community. If we peered behind enough usernames, we’d probably find a good percentage of sitting male politicians. Republicans mostly, but also democrats.

NetNrrd
NetNrrd

I’m shocked that he seems to actually be from NH – I noticed one website said he attended Winnisquam Regional High School, which is in NH. I figured he was another schmuck who moved to NH as part of the “Free State Project” to make NH a libertopian paradise.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@VP

Much obliged.

Lisa
Lisa

“They said they wouldn’t be surprised if some of these glorifiers of child rape turned out to be child rapists. Neither would I.”

Definitely. I was reading about a rape case involving a 13-year-old, and how some potential male jurors said gross things like they didn’t blame the guy if the girl looked 18, or that if a 13-year-old could testify, she could consent to sex too. Never mind that even if the girl had been old enough to consent, it would still be rape because the guy didn’t get her consent before penetrating her. I don’t think I’m overreacting at all for thinking that guys who say things like that might be rapists themselves.

Rhuu
Rhuu

@Troubelle: you are keeping a record of these somewhere, right? I remember reading in another thread that you wished you had all of them.

I think you’d enjoy reading them in the future, seeing how your style develops and changes.

I like the latest offering, though i am confused by the use of ‘kudzu’. I have googled that it is an invasive plant species that is messing things up, was that your point? Or were you looking for ‘karma’?

I was also wondering how you rhymed ‘pro’ in there, since (in my Western/easternish Canadian accent) that ends with an ‘oh’ while all the others were ‘oo’s.

If you’d rather not discuss it, or would rather no critique, i am sorry and won’t in the future.

I look forward to reading your next one!

Edited to add: @Godzilla Roberts – internet cookies are on offer, though i know that doesn’t even compare. I am terribly sorry you went through that.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Count me as someone who would also not be surprised if he turned out to be a child abuser and/or a rapist. That’s not a lie. It’s not a conspiracy. It’s not a specific accusation. It’s common sense to be suspicious of someone is spewing rape apologia, child abuse apologia and paranoia over being arrested for rape. I’m actually pretty offended that there are people here scolding others for having these suspicions.

Abusers will tell you who they are. They send up red flags galore. Women are socialized to dismiss the feeling that a man might be predatory because it isn’t “nice.” That is part of patriarchy and it’s part of rape culture. It’s why sexual predators usually get away with what they do. We prioritize men’s feelings and convenience over the safety of women and the safety of children.

It’s not legally actionable to have horrible ideas about consent. But it is immoral and it’s a GIANT red flag. I know I won’t let myself be alone with anyone who talks like Fisher on the grounds that he sounds like a rapist. I don’t care if men who talk like rapists have ever been convicted of anything and I won’t apologize for protecting myself from men that give me that off feeling. This isn’t a court of law and we’re not sitting on a jury. There is no need to grant any benefit of the doubt here.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@WWTH

<333

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Rhuu

I haven’t a record, though Dave said he’d get back to me on a dump of every post I’ve ever done.

Kudzu (which I know of all too well, living in Kentucky) was intentional (seeds, weeds, vines, etc.).

Pro was not intended to rhyme with the rest of its stanza–all the stanzas end with the same sound. (AAAB, CCCB, DDDB.) So it rhymes with “grow” and “low”.

Zatar
Zatar

I….really don’t know why we even need to debate the fact that its reasonable to be suspicious that a man who spends a lot of time defending rapists and pedophiles and who has outright stated that rape isn’t that bad because the rapist enjoys, might have committed rape at some point.

Honestly I get suspicious just from how obsessed he is with the idea of false rape allegations and wonder if the accusation he said almost got used against him was really all that false.

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

This dude’s one saving grace is that he’s bad at his job.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

All my support, Godzilla Roberts.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Shorter David Henderson: My seed being spread is only feasible if I can walk away from any result.

At least he’s moved past pretending he cares about women’s oppressive subjugation by Islam. That didn’t take long.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

This implies that the rapist’s opinion on the matter has some nonzero value. It doesn’t…

@Godzilla
*supports, cares*

@WWTH
Yep

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

We obviously cover a lot of stuff with the women’s self defence thing but if it had to be limited to one key point that would be “Don’t die of politeness.”

I’ll do my usual plug for Gavin DeBecker’s ‘Gift of Fear’.

Zatar
Zatar

David Henderson:

Glad to see your still such a charmer. Its also nice to see that despite all that bullshit you tried to spout about sharia law you’d love to treat women the same way. Again: You only care about patriarchy when its run by brown people of a different religion then you.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

@ Troubelle

As many have indicated, you are a treasure. Can’t wait to hear your songs at a social conscience rally in the hopefully very near future!!

😉

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Now I’ve got Gavin DeB on the brain, I hope people don’t mind if I bullet point his key red flags. I suspect people may well recognise these.

*Forced Teaming. This is when a person implies that he has something in common with his chosen victim, acting as if they have a shared predicament when that isn’t really true. Speaking in “we” terms is a mark of this, i.e. “We don’t need to talk outside… Let’s go in.”

*Charm and Niceness. This is being polite and friendly to a chosen victim in order to manipulate him or her by disarming their mistrust.

*Too many details. If a person is lying they will add excessive details to make themselves sound more credible to their chosen victim.

*Typecasting. An insult is used to get a chosen victim who would otherwise ignore one to engage in conversation to counteract the insult. For example: “Oh, I bet you’re too stuck-up to talk to a guy like me.” The tendency is for the chosen victim to want to prove the insult untrue.

*Loan Sharking. Giving unsolicited help to the chosen victim and anticipating they’ll feel obliged to extend some reciprocal openness in return.

*The Unsolicited Promise. A promise to do (or not do) something when no such promise is asked for; this usually means that such a promise will be broken. For example: an unsolicited, “I promise I’ll leave you alone after this,” usually means the chosen victim will not be left alone. Similarly, an unsolicited “I promise I won’t hurt you” usually means the person intends to hurt their chosen victim.

*Discounting the Word “No”. Refusing to accept rejection.

PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Timber-Rattling Booger Slut, But Noice) Sarcastic
Rhuu
Rhuu

@Alan Robertshaw: Thank you for putting that out there! I’m going to save that.

1 2 3 4