alt-right anti-Semitism daily stormer flat earth irony alert literal nazis none dare call it conspiracy racism

There are, for real, Nazi Flat Earthers, and they need to fall off the edge of the world

Hitler takes aim at the ball earth propagandists at NASA

There’s a civil war brewing in the midst of the once-happy alt-right. No, I don’t mean the squabbles between those alt-rightists who’ve abandoned Trump over his Syria attack and those sticking with Daddy — that’s old news. I mean the civil war between the neo-Nazis who think the earth is a globe and those who think it’s flat.

Yes, that’s right: There are Nazi Flat Earthers, for real, who think that “globe-heads” (that’s what flat earthers call the rest of us) are as big of a problem as “globalists.”

This is news not just to you and me but to some in the alt-right itself, including Daily Stormer head boy Andrew Anglin, who posted a joke video about flat eartherism yesterday only to discover that some of his fans take the flat earth very seriously.

In the comments to his post, the Nazi Flat Earthers laid out their case, such as it is. (Here’s a direct link to the discussion on the Daily Stormer forum; archive.is doesn’t seem to work properly with forums.)

“omg, I can’t believe you guys haven’t figured out the world is flat yet…..” wrote someone calling himself Excalibur

here is a challenge for all the non believers , somebody give me a picture of the earth that is not CGI
just one

(Er, this one?)

“Whiteliberty,” meanwhile, suggested that STEM logic supports the flat earth “thesis.”

Science is the acquisition of knowledge capable of being reproduced.

You can’t reproduce Big Bang. It’s not science.

With flat earth, there are multiple lines of evidence that point in the same direction.

Many globe claims have been power of suggestion, reliance on authority, and black box frauds. As a thesis, flat earth is stronger in 2017 than 2007. …

Newton’s Third Law prohibits acceleration in space. You need a medium to move: floor, water, atmosphere. Space is not a medium. This would explain why NASA had to lie and fake a moon mission.

“Interjew” rehashed a favorite flat earther argument, that ships don’t really go over the horizon at all; they’re just hard to see at such a great distance.

Using modern technology, you can zoom them back in. They’re not a mile below a curvature, they just go beyond the vanishing point of perspective.

3rdRicht had some serious thoughts about moonlight

I only started looking into what Flat Earth theories within the last month.

1 interesting point is at night, it is cooler in the Moonlight than it is in the shade.

I have no idea what he’s talking about or how this “fact,” if true, would support the idea of a flat earth.

“Fun fact,”whitemanshame added, “all the moon mission astronauts were satanic freemasons.”

KingOfTheNorth1488 added sarcastically

If Jews and masons tell me I’m on a spinning ball moving through the universe at near lightspeed, I believe them because they are experts and my eyes are lying to me.

There were, of course, quite a few Daily Stormer readers who took issue with the flat earth nonsense.

“[F]lat earth requires us to believe that almost everything we know about the entirety of physics is completely wrong and upside down,” StormCommando noted.

What are all the thousands of photos of stars, galaxies and planets and why would they go to such extreme lengths to create such a dumb conspiracy? And why would they invent all of these apparently totally fictional satellites and go into great detail about their workings, specifications, and spend time making these elaborate and unnecessary ‘props’ in lab environments? Again, utterly stupid idea.

But hey, he went on to add, it’s not like the Holocaust is real though.

I can buy holocaust revisionism because that’s a conceivable lie. It’s about distorting the facts of something which already happened. … [I]t’s very easy with a little examination to disprove the holohoax.

Someone calling himself BobMarely (!) was a little upset that the topic had even come up.

Maybe I am weird but I HATE FLATEARTH MORE THAN CHILD RAPING PAVEMENT APES. Why in the hell is Anglin posting this crap? This is disgusting beyond words. … Is this humor? It doesn’t seem to have any entertainment value. Is the entire goal of this video just to irritate me personally?

Still, even some of those not completely convinced by the flat earth theory had no trouble believing that the moon landings, at least, were faked.

“One thing is for sure: We never went to the moon,” wrote fascistlemming.

I find it kinda shocking that so many people think we did. “The jews faked 6 million dead kikes with fake shower rooms, but faking the moon landing is impossible because of reasons.”

Despite the animus, flat earth Nazis and globeheads alike agreed on one thing: it’s all the fault of the lying Jews.

As the round-earthers see it, it’s the Jews who are behind the flat earth movement. A fellow calling himself Dune noted:

One of the main proponents of [the flat earth theory] is a jew named Mark Sargent. … Anything lead by a jew and randomly pushed toward the masses via their pawns is questionable for the larger picture they may be working towards.

To JosephGoebbels,

the flat earth theory comes from the jews who will do anything they can to get white people to not believe in the Holy Bible as truth.

Don’t ask me to explain this theory in more detail, as Mr. Goebbels didn’t even explain it himself.

The flat earthers, meanwhile, suggest that Jews are hiding the reality of the flat earth behind a mountain of Jew lies.

SouthernFascist suggested that

They lie about the holocaust, they lie about the bible, they lie about every single war, they constantly change history, the pretend to be part of the European diaspora, they lie about the control their banks have, they shovel race mixing propaganda down our throats, so if any of this flat earth stiff has any merit at all, it wouldn’t be a surprise if the jews were lying about that too.

[W]hitemanshame was a bit more definite on this point:

Globe theory hatched from the Jews.
Do your research.
Jews, Jesuits and freemasons pushed the globe fantasy.

Anglin, annoyed both by the flat earthers and by those anti-flat-earthers who didn’t realize the flat earth video he posted had been a joke, added a big disclaimer at the top of the posts — and closed the comments.

In a followup post, he made clear to his readers that not only isn’t he a flat earther; he doesn’t even want people talking about the subject on his website.

I do not believe the earth is flat, nor is it something I want to promote to people.

If you do believe the earth is flat, that is your own business, but I don’t want that on my website.

Again, it was a mistake to post the video, as I am aware that there is an army of people on the internet who push this idea.

I don’t even want to make this post, because I don’t want these people sending me fifty trillion emails, but I want to be clear that I didn’t make that post to endorse flat earth theories. …

Seriously though, this type of thing is just… I mean, use some common sense, guys.

I understand you’re not scientists, and I understand you’ve been lied to a lot so you’re willing to question anything, but just look: 100% of scientists would either be lying about this or be in on the conspiracy, while 100% of pilots and shipmen would have to be in on the conspiracy, along with all of the governments of the world, the militaries, television, telecommunications and any other company that uses satellites and on and on and on would have to be in on this conspiracy to lie to you about the shape of the earth.

He’s right, of course. It just seems like a slightly ironic argument for someone who is a Holocaust denier to make.

Fabe
Fabe

ah of course…. that explains EVERYTHING !
(I still see Babylon 5’s Londo Mollari every time I come across that picture)

I think that guy is the reason the Centauri though earth was one of their long lost colonies

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

Oops. I changed a “they” to a “you” accidentally in the last part of my comment. It should read.

While it’s a rule new commentators might might not be aware of, they would find it useful to practice because they will become better at describing what they fear, are angered, by, surprised by, or disgusted by.

Ouroboros13

My family used to have a friend way back in the day who denied evolution, the moon landing, and the holocaust, and thought Jews and masons controlled everything. When a relative of mine briefly talked to her again, asking what she thought of Trump the alt right hero, she even said Trump is a Jewish shill. Crazy is crazy does I guess.

Bearpelt
Bearpelt

“Newton’s Third Law prohibits acceleration in space.”

I… okay, science is literally my worst subject, but…… Newton’s laws were about EARTH, right? Do those laws even apply to outer space? Do scientists even try to?

There’s very little I remember from my science classes, but I was pretty sure Newton was about stuff on Earth.

@Ouroboros13

Comments policy, please!

@dlouwe

It’s not in moderation. It just sends me to the same page, parked at the top, and my message is just not there.

Is it a good song, at least?

I’ll try to chop it up and drop it here, in the interim.

Imaginary Petal

I really feel like I might end up making quite a few of these.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

(backed by bass [ol- . ol- . olcol-ol-.] and clap [ . xl- . xl- . xl- . xl-])

Sayin’ its the right time
Shovelin’ up the grime
In a tone so asinine
You’re talkin’ ’bout a redline

I know I’m not the only one to notice here
How quick you are to jump and defend
A state whose cruel intentions are oh-so-clear
Claimin’ that all the trouble’s pretend

A fantasy you claim is from the lib’ral side
To provoke your beloved Fuhrer to strike
But when they’ve got a track record ten miles wide
You try to blame it on them–[Man I’m not sayin’ that, brace for a mass attack!]

Our alleged fake news versus alternative facts
About the nature of the reality about these attacks
With the body count of humanity teeterin’ on the brink
It could escalate in the time it takes to blink

Raise your flags
And vary your hashtags
It’s a day for you and me
Your war against reality

Damn the facts
‘Longside the yellows, browns and blacks
There ain’t nobody keepin’ score
Welcome to the war

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

I won’t put down a single dime
On claims there’s been some massive crime
Nor will, I hope, I ever find
Me on your side of the frontline

The orange moron gave the first command
To use explosives to crack tarmac
Yet you’re caterwaulin’ bout us on your land
And on evidence that you lack

Goin’ on about some deeper state
Pulled by forces you can’t control
You could get out before it’s too late
But you keep diggin’ your god-damned hole

You’re not about to impress
Anyone with your ramblin’ ’bout 4-D chess
And if you’re lookin’ for peeps who want World War 3
Look to the towers, not at me

Raise your flags
And vary your hashtags
It’s a day for you and me
Your war against reality

Damn the facts
‘Longside the yellows, browns and blacks
There ain’t nobody keepin’ score
Welcome to the war

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

…again, it’s still not letting me post The Good Part.

Imaginary Petal

Random question but are there any Mammotheers who are Chinese and/or speak Mandarin?

@Troubelle

Is it possible to upload the song to some place that hosts sound files?

@IP

It’s just the lyrics, unless dlouwe wants to put music to them again.

Plus, I’ve had the same problem with posts containing links:

-Hit post
-Post is NOT THERE (not in moderation, GONE)
-Attempt to re-send same content
-Claims it’s a duplicate post

@Troubelle

Aha, okay. Yeah, I’ve had that happen a few times as well. I have no idea why that happens sometimes. 🙁

@IP

Well, it’s still hampering my ability to get my music out. Maybe if I do it stanza by stanza…

*sigh*

Dave is not gonna be happy.

[ritardando, add record crackle]
Welcome to the land of the allegedly free
Home of the war on our reality
Welcome to the land of the allegedly free
In the blackness there’s nothin’ to see

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

[And I look out and say…]

Welcome to the land [In desolation!]
Of the allegedly free [The remains of a fallen nation]
Surely the price of your life’s a simple fee
Welcome to the land [The fissures crawlin’ down!]
Of the allegedly free [No man to wear the crown!]
Prepare to fight for what we call a country

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

Welcome to the land [Look past it all!]
Of the allegedly free [See the ruins of a bombed-out mall]
No, you’ll never get a single plea
Welcome to the land [Tear through! Tear through!]
Of the allegedly free [Until you see the sun!]
Lock away what you knew as mercy [Come on, you know what’s real!]

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

And it’s stopping me again. Great.

Imaginary Petal

One option might be to type it up, take a screenshot, post image?

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

It’s too big for a screenshot, @IP. At least if I want to preserve the structure of the stanzas. Which I do.
And even if it wasn’t, I’ve been having this issue with links as well, anyway.

Well in that case

comment image

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

Is the entire goal of this video just to irritate me personally?

Yes. You are so special and important that Anglin made and posted a video specifically to annoy you. /sarcasm

I told my mom about flat earthers, and she was like, “People still believe that? Why?”

OT, but do any Mammotheers know what pate a glacer is? I googled it but all that came up is where to buy the stuff.

Nequam
Nequam

I tried googling “pate a glacer recipe” and I’m guessing that it’s similar to chocolate ganache, ie a smooth coating for other edibles.

Imaginary Petal

I just had some stout and started to feel buzzed fast. Checked the bottle, turns out it’s 9.5%. It’s called Yeti Imperial Stout (Denver, CO). Anyone had it before? I had never heard about it. It’s pretty good and quite bitter, but obviously there’s a strong alcohol flavor.

I guess I could also ask, do people have favorite beers? :p

Michael Suttkus, II
Michael Suttkus, II

Answering a few questions that have come up about Flat Earth Theory:

Yes, look at the UN logo, and see the true map of the world! It’s colder in the center and the edge because the Sun tends to move over the middle portion, the circle that is the equator. That should be obvious!

Circumnavigating the globe doesn’t prove anything, because traveling east and west is just going in a circle around the center (north pole).

Seeing the curvature of the Earth from a high plane flight doesn’t prove anything because light curves, thus also explaining the seasons. Don’t ask us to explain the math because it’s REALLY complicated and we’ll figure that out later. This explanation also covers the illusion that ships sink down over the horizon. Just more light curving around! Do not notice that some of these explanations require light to curve in opposing ways. I see some of you noticing this and I demand that you stop it right now!

Also, there is no such thing as satellites. Satellite dishes are just radio antenna programmed to pretend to not work if pointed in the wrong direction. Never mind that you can go outside, look up, and see satellites moving across the sky if you know when to look. If you do, you’re part of the conspiracy!

Of course, the Bible describes the shape of the earth as a circle (not a sphere) but also says it has four corners, so clearly isn’t a circle. So, flat earthers are wrong either way. But the one thing we can all agree on is that the sky is solid (firmament).

Other really important proofs that I have seen Really Truly Serious flat earth scholars demand you silly spherical earther’s explain:

If Australia is really on the bottom of the globe, why don’t Australians fall off? The oceans should have all poured off the bottom centuries ago!

If the Earth is really speeding around the sun at 67,000 mph, why haven’t we all been blown off by the wind?

If the Earth was really spinning around on its axis at over 1000 mph, why aren’t we all thrown off, or at least really dizzy? Oh, right, it’s faster at the equator than it is at the poles! What ridiculous laws of physics you people will make up to defend sphericism! But people on the equator should be thrown off!

Scolar Visari
Scolar Visari

@Bearpelt

Oh boy, I was hoping someone would ask!

Not only do Newton’s laws apply in space, they’re also a product of astronomical observation. You simply can’t get Principia without the work done by giants such as Kepler, but you also can’t get around in space without Newton once you’re in it.

Rockets, like other reaction engines, don’t get around by employing a medium like a propeller does. Rather, they simply push their own mass as propellent out the business end to provide a change in velocity. Whether that propellant is a hot mixture of kerosene and oxygen, magnetically accelerated hydrogen ions or impacting plasma from a detonated nuclear shaped charge is irrelevant: They all operate on the principle that pushing their own mass out will provide an equal and opposite reaction. However, since rockets lose mass as they operate, you have to model their capabilities with the rocket equation.

While there are rocket-less ways of getting around in space, these still operate on the principle of opposite reactions for given actions ala light and magnetic sailcraft. While all sailcraft have predictably low thrust, they also do not have to carry around propellant and can be much lighter than proper rockets for a given payload and mission. Non-Newtonian ways of getting around in space are unlikely, purely hypothetical constructs at best.

I’ll finally note that we use other kinds of reaction engines on a daily basis to get around within Earth’s atmosphere. If rockets did not work in space the way the flat-Earth Nazis describe, then neither would jet engines on airplanes! Remember: It’s not the air they push against to operate, but the air they’re pushing out.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

@Nequam
Thank you. I saw it on Spring Baking Championship, one of the contestants used it because they didn’t have time to temper chocolate.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

My favorite flat earth theory is that the sun is a big flashlight moving in irregular circles over the plane of the earth. This is a real theory. I didn’t make it up.

How do people actually believe this, and why is it more believable than the actual truth?

These people. I can’t even.

Diptych
Diptych

I’ve been quietly wondering how possible it would be to start putting together an expedition over the edge of the Flat Earth. Start raising subscriptions from the true believers – offering incentives like affixing a plaque to the underside bearing the names of everyone who donates more than a set amount. Alternatively, for those who hold to the “infinite ice wall” theory, a plan to start harvesting the infinite ice for some suitably woo-y scheme. Perhaps we could dilute some compound in the infinite ice wall to create infinitely powerful homeopathic medicine. Or activate the ice crystals with the right energies and use them to generate free energy.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

re: rockets and Newton

re: flat earth and round planets

My understanding is that the flat earthers (or at least some of them) acknowledge that other planets are globes, but for whatever reason the Earth is exempt from the gravitational forces that pull other planets into globes. I haven’t done a lot of research on FE, so for all I know there are various schisms with differing ideas about why we see other planets as round at all angles. It wouldn’t surprise me to find out that is the case.

re: pate a glacer

Four minutes of research tells me that it’s something like Magic Shell – a liquid chocolate that hardens quickly to a glossy solid. You can make a ripoff Magic Shell with chocolate and coconut oil.

Imaginary Petal

So, our top daily newspaper has decided to put a bunch of cats in some kind of dollhouse and keep a live feed with several cameras on their website 24/7. They call it The Kattashians. I think it might not be available for people outside the country, but I’ll drop the link anyway. Not quite sure what they’re trying to accomplish with this, but it’s cute!

Imaginary Petal

Kanye was in the top bunk in the bedroom, grooming himself, but now he just moved down to the bottom bunk and fell asleep. Kendall is sprawled all over the couch in the living room. One cat is sleeping on the couch in the yard, but I can’t tell if it’s Kim or Caitlyn. The fourth cat is some place where I can’t see her. Fascinating!

Imaginary Petal

The yard-cat has now woken up and is scavenging for food in the kitchen.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

IP, I see something and it says “Live-TV and (Kendall?) is grooming herself on the couch?

In any case, cool.

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement | April 10, 2017 at 6:46 pm
Plus, I’ve had the same problem with posts containing links:

-Hit post
-Post is NOT THERE (not in moderation, GONE)
-Attempt to re-send same content
-Claims it’s a duplicate post

I’ve had this problem before. Just email David about it. Sometimes our posts get caught in the filters accidentally.

@IP: I sent that link to my roommate, she will enjoy that. 😀

Imaginary Petal

Oh awesome! It works in the US? Aftonbladet videos are usually blocked whenever I travel abroad. I guess these live feeds are different. They understand that cats can’t be denied! Good job!

Imaginary Petal

Sweetlings! Kanye found a cuddlebuddy, and I’m thinking that’s probably Kendall. The one on the living room couch I’m guessing is Caitlyn, and the one in the yard is Kim. It’s pretty difficult to tell them apart since the lighting varies between the rooms. They are so sweet together though!

@IP

I already have, but I’ve e-mailed him before and he hasn’t responded…

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

@ Scolar Visari

…now I really want to load Kerbal Space Program back up. Even if it would melt my laptop.

Steven Dutch
Steven Dutch

There are also believers in a stationary earth.

Check out geocentrism.com and a guy named Robert Sungenis. The modern geocentrists are mostly uber-Catholics who believe society went off the rails with Galileo. Speaking as a Catholic I can agree, sort of. That’s when the Catholic Church went off the rails. They had a chance to stand for intellectual honesty and blew it. Ever since, they’ve been trying to get out of the corner they’ve painted themselves into, which they can do with three little words: “We were wrong.”

And for the people who say “It’s not that simple,” yes, it is that simple.

Jessica
Jessica

@Fabe.
The guy who played Londo Mollari is actually a mentor of mine. It’s cool to see fans of his in the world. He’s the nicest most generous person.

ColeYote
ColeYote

Ah, yes, that famous 1960s CGI allowed us to fake those pictures of Earth from the moon.

Science is the acquisition of knowledge capable of being reproduced.

That is a terrible definition of science.

Globe theory hatched from the Jews.

Were Jewish people particularly influential to ancient Greek philosophy?

Show me where in the Bible it says the planet is spherical.

[Jews] lie about every single war

The idea of warfare itself being a conspiracy is a new one on me…

epitome of incomprehensibility

Well, that was roundly entertaining.

@Michael Suttkus, II – I thought you were serious until the part “Don’t ask us to explain the math because it’s REALLY complicated and we’ll figure that out later.” 😀

@Troubelle – I remember you posting a song with “land of the allegedly free” before. Am I just imagining it, or is this an expansion of it? Anyway, it’s really good! I wish I could see all it at once. (Also, my nym links to a creative writing website where anyone can post, no real name required. I think my friend (pen-named) raze would like your work – he does surreal rock/folk music. But the site is kind of small and obscure.)

(About my work anxieties I was complaining about yesterday: there was no big lecture, just a general talk about making sure all tutors are more punctual. Which was fair.)

Ghost Robot
Ghost Robot

@Fabe & Jessica

Huge fan of Babylon 5 here too. It inspired me to take up screenwriting, which I’m trying to break into now. Loved Peter Jurasik’s work as Londo. Hilarious, hissable and heartbreaking.

brian
brian

my biggest question about the flat earth conspiracy largely is just this “who benefits?” it would be a MASSIVE conspiracy… and why? what profit is there in it?
(of course I have basically the same question about most of these conspiracies, like, for example, “‘they’ want all the white girls to want black men!” what end does that conspiracy serve?)

@eoi

Indeed, that’s an expansion on “Allegedly Free”! And I’ll see if I can use that thing. We’ll see how your buddy likes it!

…now if only I could get someone to round up all my songs…

edit: That site is…something, alright.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

Troubelle, you are on fire today. That’s some awesome stuff.

@Scolar Viscari, Bearpelt:
That’s a very good description.

The laws of physics apply everywhere. However, the calculations are easier in some circumstances than others. The things that normally make them easier are:
– Things being in a vaccuum
– Things being spheres
– Things not being on the surface of other things
– A lack of friction

This means that space is generally a far easier place to do basic physics calculations in, and those calculations can be far more accurate. This, in turn, is why other physicists make fun of astrophysicists as being “easy mode.”

Fabe
Fabe

@ Ghost Robot and Jessica

Yeah Londo was great character. He started off as sort of almost comic relief but then a seemingly harmless question lead him down a dark path.

@David Futrelle

Thank you very much! [Now if only I could get a view of all my posts so I could pick the songs out of it and whip up a compendium.]

Cleon
Cleon

Babylon 5 is so great. I’ve seen all of it and I’m still not sure if I’d call Londo a tragic hero or a tragic villain.