butts empathy deficit entitled babies evil sexy ladies evil ugly women men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny nerd rage no games for girls no girls allowed racism

Women don’t belong in nerd-friendly “male spaces,” because nerd girls are ugly, MGTOW explains

Pew! Pew! Pew!

We’ve been treated, over the years, to endless misogynist manifestos declaring that nerdy hobbies like comic books and video games should be kept free from pesky females, for all sorts of ridiculous reasons that usually come back to some allegedly innate characteristics of males and females that show that only men can appreciate said hobbies and that all of the women who claim to like them are only pretending, because really what they want is endless attention from nerdy dudes.

I recently ran across one of these manifestos in the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit. While it was full of the same tired old BIOTRUTHS as most “male space” manifestos — only dudes “are wired to be adept at tasks with inanimate objects,” only dudes have the necessary “diligence” to be true fans — this manifesto offered another powerful(ly dumb) anti-nerd-girl argument I don’t think I’ve encountered before: Nerd girls should be kept out of male hobbies because they’re a bunch of icky uggoes, “sub-4 at best.”

Let’s let the somewhat ironically named NuclearTruthBomb explain this particular “truth.”

The simple fact of the matter is that most women are not, and never will be, into the activities of low-status, but intelligent males. Yes, a few exist. My sister loves drawing, animation, and even video games. But she’s also on the upper end of the autism spectrum, and pretty unattractive.

Dude, really? She’s your SISTER.

Women have status simply by existing. There is only a very small number of girls who are so hideous, no man will show interest in them.

Empathy, not a big thing amongst MGTOWs.

Being a nerd if often considered a sign of low status. Trust me, none of us got laid for being on the chess team. Because women are so concerned about appearences, they will refuse to associate with nerds by default.

So that means, natch, that the only “females” who want to have anything to do with male nerds will be the ugly uggoes.

Male nerds tend to range from perfectly average to the bottom of the barrel. Female nerds however, are sub-4 at best, genetically cursed at worst. They were rejected by the popular girls a long time ago, and will wear a shirt that screams YAOI FAN for a modicum of attention.

These discrepancies cause female geeks to be not only low in number, but of poor quality in general.

And now a cameo appearance by Chad Thundercock, or at least his brothers Brad, Joe, and Darren Thundercock, as well as their cousin Bill BigDick and his friend Tyrone.

Ironically, while women will forever flock to the sports stadium of Brads and Joes, nerds will spell the future for the human race. The guy who gets shoved in the mud by Bill BigDick this decade will be inventing the technology of the next one. The quirky glasses wearing freak will create that game Darren plays after Daisy gives him a rimjob. And all those countless code monkeys will be responsible for the social media websites she meets Tyrone on.

To do list:

1. Shove nerd in mud
  2. Rimjob w/ Daisy
  3. Vidya Games

Only when these nerdy dudes get super rich will the hotties have any interest in them.

Once she realizes that these men are making bank, she’ll try to swing branches. And many simpanzees will takeher anyways. Us on the other hand, can enjoy our own specific tastes without worrying “Buh-buh-buh, what would Sally think of this!?”

MGTOWs have turned “stewing in your own bitterness about women possibly giving other dudes rimjobs” into America’s fastest-growing hobby. This is a male space no one should want to invade.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

As always, their fantasies are set in the future, and described as being things that definitely “will” happen.

I love how the most creative and important job they can ever imagine is “coder.” None of them aspire to be a physicist or chemist, or biologist, or any STEM career other than coder, or possibly electronic engineer. It’s like nothing exists in their lives other than the devices they use to play games.

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

In the same breath that they villify safe spaces they’ll also try to claim the entire world as their safe space, will these 4chan fucklenucks.

I admit I can’t quite wrap my head around this level of pettiness and bitterness.

And honestly women reading books and playing video games and things hasn’t in any way taken away my books or video games. They’re all still there. all untouched.

And maybe this is because I have functioning empathy, but i like when the video games I love find a wider, more diverse audience. It makes me feel good to see my hobbies get wider success and do well instead of linger, stagnate and suffer.

lkeke35
lkeke35

Dan:
I feel the same way.

I spent the vast majority of my time in my lone pursuits as a youngster. There was no internet, or fanclubs, and stuff for me. As a black woman I had precious few people to talk to about my interests, and the last thing I’m gonna do now is gatekeep the current crop of interested newbies. Are you wild?

I am loving the fact that nerdist pursuits have became so popular.If a newbie doesn’t know something, I’m not gonna quiz them and then declare them worthless. I’m just gonna gush at them about what I know. this is just more people to geek out with me on all kinds of stuff!

All fans had to start somewhere. That I got started a little bit earlier than them is unimportant and wins me no kudos for having done so.

Flora
Flora

Zomg they caught me. I’m just so desperate for the male gaze that I play D&D in old hoodies with my husband and our mutual friends almost every weekend. Or watch Twitch streams alone. I’m just so ugly I will lower myself to be geeky purely so that if any bitter MGTOWs ever steal my phone they will see I talk about nerdy things with my friends almost exclusively and then he will deign to consider lowering his standards and want to have sex with me. It’s a complicated plan, I admit, but it’s the best my poor lady brain can cone up with.

I sent this to some friends to inform them that we are of “poor quality in general.” They’ll be devastated to find out.

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

lkeke35:

Well from what I can gather you actually seem to enjoy your hobbies. Now I don’t pretend to be an expert on black women of any age but it’s damn great when people take joy in what they do.

Plus it’s always good to meet a fellow loner.

These MGTOW types don’t seem to enjoy a moment of what they do.

Flora: Oh carful, I think that your old hoodies will make the MGTOWS jealous.

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

You know, the biggest “Chad” I know (he’s conventionally handsome, athletic, cocky, and has hooked up with a bunch of women) happens to love fantasy novels. Like a lot of self-professed geeks, he’s into the whole “callow white youth goes on Hero’s Journey with swords and dragons and wizards and sexy elf women” thing.

I wonder how he would fit into NuclearTruthBomb’s theory.

Jen
Jen

Well, using my data set consisting of myself, I do agree on being a sub-4 who is totally into nerdy stuff just to get uggo boys desperate for sex to chase me. It’s also why my entire group of friends that I hang out with regularly is a sausage fest when I’m not contaminating it with my clam-miness.

Robyn Blanpied
Robyn Blanpied

I read this as ‘a sub-4 nerd female uggo’ can still get laid. They can’t.
Losers.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

FWIW, the nerdiest woman I know (she did a degree in Japanese at Oxford because she loves anime) is literally a Vogue model.

(Recognise the outfit?)

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I read this as ‘a sub-4 nerd female uggo’ can still get laid. They can’t.
Losers.

Not okay.

Flora
Flora

I feel like this is very much related to Roosh complaining about having to use toilet paper. Because nerdy guys have created these very relaxed public spaces (so much so that people need to be reminded to bathe…) they then complain that women are also abiding by these relaxed physical appearance standards. What they want is to be able to show up “and just be themselves” and for women to show up in uncomfortable clothing and with hours of work on their hair and makeup.

Just because I CAN be hot doesn’t mean I must be at all times. And even if I did put in effort in nerdy spaces, it would be further used against me as proof of me just doing it for the attention. Hot = fake geek girl just doing it for the attention. Not hot = fake geek girl desperate for attention.

Zatar
Zatar

Well you did a pretty good job of establishing yourself as a fucking dick who no one should listen too right from the start. I’m not sure why that was your goal but congrats I guess.

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

To do list:

Shove nerd in mud
Rimjob w/ Daisy
Vidya Games

I laughed out loud at this. Now, on to NuclearTruthBomb!

This is some next-level douchebaggery. Your sister deserves better family than you.

Some undefined number of dudes would be willing to fuck you =/= status.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Gotta love the irony of this dude yelling at women for being superficial, in a post about how only superficially attractive women are of sexual interest to him. The guy needs a damn proof reader, and a complete reprogramming of his brain.

Even more confusing, why the hell would Darren wait until after the rimjob to play vidya? Can Thundercocks not multi-task? Dude, it’s Daisy, not even Stacey! It’s not like she’s girlfriend material anyway! If you can’t play vidya while having your ass licked, are you truly an Alpha? Fucking hell.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

On a personal note, I just got back from a week in Puerto Rico. Look at all my Corsolas and Heracrosses!!!

While I was away, my neighbor caught a 100% IV shiny Magikarp. 🙁

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

Speaking of “Male only safe spaces” involving nerdy interests:

The Real Cie
The Real Cie

@imaginarypetal That’s very cool!
I am proud to have in my possession an adorable Heracross plushie which I bought in San Francisco’s Chinatown in the summer of 2001.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@PI
The jokes and infighting write themselves. Anime twitter nazis vs other nazis. Whoever loses we win.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@TRC

Congratulations on your plushie! :p

@Oogly

In this scenario, are the Anime Nazis Predator and the Other Nazis Alien, or the other way around?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I’ve met nerds of all genders who are on all places on the conventional attractiveness spectrum and I don’t even generally consider nerd to be a big part of my own identity. It’s almost like these are fake nerd boys who don’t actually get out among nerds in real life.

Also, not all nerds are straight.

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

See, this is what happens when you invest waaaaay too much of your identity in a hobby.

Are a lot of my interests nerdy? Absolutely. But I don’t hinge my identity on being a “nerd”, though that’s partially due to assholes like this making the word (among similar words like “gamer”) go sour in my throat.

I also don’t feel the need to constantly prove that I’m a “nerd” in some childish contest of “Nerdier Than Thou”.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

Mgtoe logic:

Man who only cares about looks and status of a woman- “it’s just biology”

Woman who only cares about looks and status of a man- “it’s evil”

:Says or does something horrible:
Mgtoe: “Why doesn’t anyone want to date/friend me!?”
Also mgtoe:
I feel bad for the sister. It must be awful to have a a-hole for a brother. You go girl, we autistic sisters have to stick together.

Karalora
Karalora

NuclearTruthBomb just admitted to what I have assumed for years – namely, that the issue was never that there aren’t any nerdy women, but that nerdy women are no better looking than nerdy men. More to the point, nerdy women don’t look as good as the digitally enhanced or straight-up digital women in the nerd media, which many nerdy men have decided is the baseline standard by which real women shall be judged. Why go to the effort of getting to know a real woman who has physical flaws and her own personality and desires, when a superhumanly attractive female figure is right there on the screen and you can literally control her by pushing buttons?

And if that were all there was to it, it would be kinda sad but the dudes’ own business. But no – they have to vilify real live nerdy women for not being as perfectly formed and easy to control as digital women.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

PI
This is totally random but did ya get my email? You posted a comment about giving out mlp figurines a while back and I was wondering about it.

IgnoreSandra
IgnoreSandra

upper end of the autism spectrum

What the hell does that even MEAN? Also, STOP OUTING YOUR FUCKING SISTER, JACKHOLE.

…This deserves some kind of prize. For getting so many things so wrong so quickly. Nah. Dedicated, educated people spell the future of the human race…like the women who calculated the Apollo Project’s flight paths. People who self-identify in a way that requires them to invent elaborate conspiracy theories to justify why they aren’t currently emperor of the known universe aren’t among that group.

Lawrence
Lawrence

“Trust me, none of us got laid for being on the chess team”

Pretty sure this guy is not on the chess team.

“The guy who gets shoved in the mud by Bill BigDick this decade will be inventing the technology of the next one”

As with above, mastering chess, technology, or anything beyond just jacking off requires effort. It helps to have skill and aptitude. Effort will create skill in time. Aptitude makes it come faster. But if these losers had any of that they wouldn’t be MGTOWs.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@lkeke35

Exactly this. Just in the last week, I had two very different exchanges that relate to this.

1. a student noticed I was reading a Discworld novel; then spotted the tiny “No-Face” plushie on my bag. We talked for ages about Pratchett and anime and other stuff and it was glorious. She’s all of 18, full of enthusiasm, smart, and geeky. Why on earth would I shut her down?

2. another student complained at great length about how 13 year olds are into Nirvana. “It’s my music”, she argued – and I restrained myself from pointing out that she would have been in pre-school when Nirvana was at the height of their success.

Then again, I’m a feeeemale, and in my forties to boot. What would I know? 😀

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Imaginary Petal
I’d assume the other around as Other Nazis actively treat other people as things for their activities and seed new aliens for their own desires, and Anime Nazis as Alien because they keep facehugging new blood, and turn their twisted inner thoughts outside in into its horrid figure for all the world to see.

I’m putting way too much thought into this.

Shaenon

“Not only will I not date a woman who’s less than lingerie-model gorgeous, I demand all other women remove themselves from my presence so I don’t have to even look at non-10s. P.S. Don’t you hate how women are all hung up on looks?”

also

“No women enjoy nerdy stuff. Well, except for the women I actually know. But the imaginary women in my head HATE it.”

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

The cats are home!

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

So… I have a super important test tomorrow, from 8am to 4pm. I need to get up at 6. It’s now 3.11am. Can’t sleep. I’m gonna have to go in completely jetlagged, running on fumes, for a full day test. Why must my brain hate me so? Why can’t I just have a full night’s sleep like normal people? 🙁

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

…desperately resisting the impulse to buy Victuri merchandise out of utter* spite.

* Well…half-spite, half-joy.

Building on this personally, I probably wouldn’t have discovered Dragon Quest without my girlfriend. Hell, I’m playing her copy of DQ8 right now. Women have actively enhanced my hobbies.

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

Fruitloopsie | March 31, 2017 at 6:56 pm
PI

I might have? I do need WWTH and Scildfreja to email me again since I accidentally lost their addresses. ; n ;

And sorry to all the people still waiting on a pony, I haven’t been able to do much with my money in terms of sending that stuff out.

Though I imagine SFHC will be disappointed with the Rainbow Dashes. I recently discovered they have no wings. : |

Bina

Migtoes: Ewww, girls icky! Ewww, girls stupid! Ewww, girls!
Also Migtoes: Tits or GTFO! Supermodel types only!
Also Migtoes, again: Supermodel types are fake geeks and gamers! Tits GTFO!
And also Migtoes: Why girls no like me? Why I incel?

One day, self-awareness will dawn. And when it does, it’ll be a bitch.

Schnookums Von Fancypants, GloboThermoNuclearHomo
Schnookums Von Fancypants, GloboThermoNuclearHomo

I think this is a secret plot by alien intelligences from beyond the ken of mortals to drive us irrevocably mad when our irony meters finally self-destruct.

Oh sorry, the Lovecraft discussion was the other thread. What I meant to say was “Christ, what an asshole.”

Kereea
Kereea

I sometimes wonder if any of these guys ere ever on the chess teams the claimed never got them laid. Like, half the chess team at my high school were guys I knew, and they were all pretty solid bro types, popular but also happened to be very smart (they did not always use this for good, two of the had an unnerving habit of being way too interested in how dictators maintained power). Because in incel world, the idea of a genuinely smart guy being popular, having social skills, or being outgoing and into non-nerdy things is an anathema (one of the smartest guys in our class, tutored everyone else in calculus-level math, had a steady girlfriend, started a juggling club, and was utterly sweet while rocking a very weird beard that teachers told him to his face made him look like Sasquatch–he just grew it wilder).

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Just wanted to point this out. Groundbreaking stuff!

Come on, so close. Because it’s not about the ‘girl’ but about the man’s status as gained by possessing attractive women. It’s OK, you can say it…

the sports stadium

Female nerds however, are sub-4 at best, genetically cursed at worst

Like your sister?

that game Darren plays after Daisy gives him a rimjob

So, is this game being played coincidentally after rimming? Or does Darren have a go to game for this purpose. Daisy eat the booty like groceries, and he’s just like ‘welp, gotta boot up Mass Effect to calm down’

Buh-buh-buh, what would Sally think of this!?

Literally, nobody I know has ever said that. Literally only MGTOWs and their ilk ever say this. Get your shit together

Jason_the_Cripple
Jason_the_Cripple

So, only ugly girls are nerdy?

I have two words for you: Meg Turney.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Jason
I’ve got 2 words for you: not helping. Maybe I’m off base, but why is the response to ‘these women are ugly’ always ‘no they’re not’? Methinks we’re missing the point, folks

Jesalin (Cavo et Inani)
Jesalin (Cavo et Inani)

I thought that sounded familiar so I looked it up. Dragon Warrior (the NA name for the franchise when it first appeared) was one of my favorite games. I still remember farming metal slimes for gold and xp, damn I loved that game!

theseventhguest
theseventhguest

Does OP not notice that he says geek men are average or lower, meaning 5 or lower, and geek women are 4 or lower, nearly the same range?

It’s ridiculous that he buys in to the whole 10 point rating system, but surely if he is so smart he should have seen this part as absolutely the right distribution. Or is he mad that there are no 5s?

Shaenon

Honey, no, you’re doing it wrong. You’re supposed to accuse nerdy girls of pretending to be into things nerdy boys like. You know, for the precious male attention. I don’t think any woman is under the misconception that her bishonen body pillow and massive collection of slash fic are going to impress many straight dudes.

Although the ones who would be impressed would be the awesomest straight dudes, so maybe go for it.

epitome of incomprehensibility

This is silly silly silly. It deserves an epitome-style takedown.

You make it sound like men are the exclusive originators of nerd-type activities. You don’t really believe that, do you? You do? Okay.

My sister loves drawing, animation, and even video games.

EVEN VIDEO GAMES. Unbelievable!

Female nerds… were rejected by the popular girls a long time ago, and will wear a shirt that screams YAOI FAN for a modicum of attention.

Only a modicum? That is sad. They deserve at least a soupçon of attention.

Trust me, none of us got laid for being on the chess team.

Trust you? No. Plus, my friend met her first girlfriend in a similar scenario. (I’m sure you think gay people don’t matter, but anyway.)

I, on the other hand, am the (feeeemale) glasses-wearing freak who will lecture you on hyphenated adjectives. Glasses-wearing. Glasses-wearing. You’re welcome. No, there will not be a rimjob with this service.

Oh no you can’t. Sally is everywhere. You can’t make her go away. She is the enemy of specific tastes everywhere. All she likes are general tastes. Why, I was drinking raspberry-hibiscus tea the other day, and Sally floated into the room and knocked the mug over. In a spooky voice, she intoned: “Do nooot driiink specific teeeea. Only driiiink general teaaaaaaa.” If I can’t escape Sally, do you think you can? Fool of a NuclearTruthBomb!

RosieLa
RosieLa

Trust me, none of us got laid for being on the chess team.

I’m 100% certain that my man got laid for being on the chess team – by a hottie 😉

MexicanHotChocolate
MexicanHotChocolate

I’m into some nerdy stuff, I’m staring at a Lego Dalek and a Jyn Erso action figure even as I type this but I would give it all up if my interests suddenly became male only. I happen to it when men and women can share the same space and interests. Second, I feel like slapping the taste out of his mouth for his crack about his sister who’s on the spectrum. Not cool.

Nentuaby
Nentuaby

$5 says he’s using the GamerGoiter idea of “average” here, i.e. the 70th percentile. They love to freak out over reviewer’s “slandering” “objectively good” games with scores in the 7/10 range. 5 is simply appalling in their minds.

AGeekyChick
AGeekyChick

This seems like a classic case of projection to me. Guy was bullied but doesn’t consider that he is doing the same thing by bullying nerdy girls. He’s wants to build an exclusive treehouse to keep out people he considers lesser than him. I mean, yeah, most nerdy people (including men) don’t look like supermodels or perhaps if they do they’re not as socially adept as others, which is why we develop other interests in the first place. For guys like this, “nerdy” women are invisible. Even though they’re desperate for companionship they still pass over anyone who doesn’t meet their ridiculous standards. Well, that’s their fault. They’ll be grumpy, lonely dudes. Me, I have my group of friends (mostly women) who are all into nerd culture and enjoy playing games and geeking out together which means when we game online we rarely have to suffer the irritating harassment of playing with guys we don’t know. Makes life so much easier!

LindsayIrene

I find it interesting that the terms fanboy and fangirl have such different connotations.

Fanboy: obnoxious, unwelcoming nitpicker and gatekeeper

Fangirl: silly and squeal-y, but enthusiastic and open

Fangirls have no time to spare for MGTOWs and incels. They’re too busy enjoying stuff.

Faerie Bard
Faerie Bard

What I find to be super ironic about this is the fact that when I was younger, it was my MOM who got me interested in comics and fantasy novels, not some dude. We used to go to (our tiny local) comic book conventions together, even.

helix_luco
helix_luco

@policy of Madness; i’m only a student, but if my professors are anything to go by, software engineering these days is all about teamwork, and communicating and empathizing with your clients to better understand their needs. these guys need to stop being so smug about being able to code. anyone can code, i can code programs that write code. it’s so easy even a computer can do it!

1 2 3 9