4chan advocacy of violence alt-right anti-Semitism empathy deficit entitled babies men who should not ever be with women ever none dare call it conspiracy oppressed white men racism

4chan /pol/sters unimpressed with racist killer James Jackson’s body count

James Jackson: Not the hero /pol/ wants

Racist terrorist James Jackson — who has confessed to murdering an elderly black New Yorker as a sort of test run for a more dramatic act of mass murder — in many ways seems like 4chan’s /pol/ made flesh, a deeply alienated young white man driven by racist rage and, apparently, deep fears of sexual inadequacy.

So you might have expected that his dramatic hate crime might have won him nothing but warm huzzahs from the folks in /pol/. And, in one recent /pol/ thread, he did inspire some cheers.

“[A]ny dead n*gger is a good n*gger,” wrote one anon.”The only thing James did wrong was turning himself in,” another anon opined. And still another gave the killer props for his ” fashy hair do … 10/10.”

But others were less impressed.

“He didn’t think about the long term,” one critic complained

What has he even achieved? Not even a good kill count. Just One, Old, man. Now Brevik. Brevik was an hero my lad. Imagine working all that shit out then planning it. He was not wrong either. They were indoctrinating kids

Another scoffed, “how much intellect does it take to stab a homeless black guy?”

Some wondered why Jackson had targeted black men anyway — when the real enemy, in their minds, is the (((Jew))).

“With so many scum bags in the world, why throw your life away to kill one homeless nigger,” one asked. “Guy could have at least taken out a (((wall street banker)))”

“Jews want whites to fight blacks,” wrote another.

Not Jews
The threat is from above (((wall street))) not below as Jews want whites to believe.

Naturally, this being /pol/, there were more than a few who dismissed the whole thing as part of a devious conspiracy to make white racists look bad.

“False flag,” one charged.

Dude from n*gger central Baltimore goes to New York to kill blacks, takes the life of a single homeless and then gives himself up to police. Couldn’t be more obvious.

Another saw the CIA’s fingerprints on the murder.

>decide to kill blacks to prevent racemixing

>target one 60 year old black guy

I’m sorry but that shit REEKS of a CIA plant/psyop.

A few stray souls even suggested that, as one put it, “White Supremacy is foolish nonsense” and that murder is, you know, bad.

But some thought these sorts of condemnations were self-defeating.

The right always condemns the lunatic fringe on their side like how Richard Spencer got kicked out of CPAC, but the right is always labeled as nothing but violent lunatics.

Meanwhile, the left embraces their violent lunatics and puts them on a pedestal but the same media kike puppets never call out their own side, let alone refer to the left as a bunch of violent lunatics.

The only solution?

I think the right wing needs to start embracing their violent lunatics like the left does with theirs. They have nothing to lose because they’re already labeled by the media as a bunch of violent extremists anyway, and eventually, leftist teeth are going to have to start littering the streets.

Huh. I’m pretty sure that the right has been embracing its most violent members for some time. Anders Breivik, who murdered 77 people, most of them children, had more than a few defenders in the right wing of the manosphere — not to mention the Breivik fan further upthread.

These are ugly, ugly times.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

I think punk derailed when it went from being working class kids in nylon parkas and Farah slacks to this:

Valentine
Valentine

@alan
All good things get killed when mainstream tries to capitalise.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ valentine

All good things get killed when mainstream tries to capitalise.

Sad, but so often true. I have no objection to things reaching a wider audience. I’m no gatekeeper and it’s great that other people get to enjoy. But so often, what made the original thing great in the first place is lost or diluted in the process.

Valentine
Valentine

@alan

I understand art is for interpretation of individual but so many people are morons that it can ruin things that felt special. And also show the crack. I loved minecraft when it was a shitty beta game that no one new about. Felt lonely and nice. But as it came more popular noch chaged what was good about it added more crap and then turned out to be a massive debil in the process -_-
Same with sex pistols maybe when it was a ideal it seemed special soon as it came to be popular, turns out that it wasnt what we thought it represented in the begining.
Some things i guess shrivel up under attention

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

I’m getting the feeling that “violent lunatics” refers to the usual long dead revolutionaries – regardless of how the Left actually feels about them, which is often much more complicated than just “embracing” them.

Still beats the ones on the other side of the fence. Those have no redeeming qualities whatsoever and they’re all scumbags no matter how you look at it. I think the line’s pretty clear.

@SFHC

The right: Over a hundred people murdered in the name of white and/or male supremacist terrorism in the seven years since the birth of the alt right.

The left: One Nazi punched.

But the left is embracing violence. Yup.

But he was punched twice. Totally evens the score.

And to be fair, the thousands of memes and videos that were rolled out after that do count as “embracing violence” – I just don’t see anything wrong with this particular instance.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

They likely think of antifas too. At least some of them are unpleasant thugs, so I guess they can easily exagerate them as being bloodthirsty killers.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

I’m sorry but that shit REEKS of a CIA plant/psyop.

I’m sorry, but this makes me laugh whenever I see it or some variation thereof (like “false flag!”). Just to carry on my Dune metaphors from the previous post’s thread, do these guys really think that there’s some kind of mastermind on the level of the Emperor of the Known Universe making plans within plans to take down one of the Great Houses of the freakin’ Landsraad here?

Cuz if there was, I guarantee they’d be devoting those plans to something a little more lucrative. Coups d’etat for example.

@CS Strowbridge

The FBI needs to take 4chan, /pol/, etc. more seriously. They need to track down everyone who posts there and stick them in Gitmo.

Echoing the others here that the latter sentence is beyond the pale, the former is absolutely something that needs to happen. There’s something of a double standard at play here: groups like Daesh use social media to actively radicalize vulnerable Muslim men and this is understood by at the very least the intelligence community if not the public at large, yet similar radicalization that produces people just as misogynistic and anti-Semitic as any Daesh member is… what, just kids being kids on the interwebs?

What needs to occur for the intelligence communities to take the very real danger that these (often young) people radicalized with white nationalist rhetoric pose to others? A mass shooting where the shooter shouts “Top KEK” as he’s firing into a crowd? We’ve already had Elliot Rodger, Dylann Roof and Anders Brevik, and while one of them is a Norwegian example, it’s not like Brevik didn’t swim in the same soup /pol/ does.

Day by day, I grow more and more convinced that the 4chan demographic is a story worthy of a PBS Frontline news piece or a series from the Spotlight team. Well-adjusted people don’t think the way /pol/ does.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

They likely think of antifas too. At least some of them are unpleasant thugs,

Antifa has the same problem as the animal rights movement. Some people are less concerned with the cause than the opportunity to fight.

Having said that I personally don’t think there anything inherently wrong with violence. It’s just a tool; like rhetoric, mockery, direct action etc. It’s what you use it for that makes it good or bad.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Sinkable John:

I have been humming that song so much ever since der pumpkinfuhrer got elected.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Gonna second Alan here : violence is a tool, albeit a difficult one to use in a good way.

Yeah there’s a good deal of people in the Antifa movement who are less interested in the underlying ideologies than the opportunity to fight – but as far as I’m concerned, those same “thugs” are the ones who keep everyone else safe when something’s organized and nazis come ’round to crash the party.

So yeah, I have much more tolerance for them than for those who want them gone. Keeping clean hands is a luxury that some can afford only because others don’t. Me I’d rather keep that luxury for as long as possible, so I’m not gonna look a gift brawler in the mouth while they’re watching over my scrawny ass.

Fuck knows you can’t exactly count on police to do that.

@Fishy Goat

At this point it’s pretty much stuck in my head. Brain’s playing the giant “FUCK OFF” on loop.

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

Valentine – the parens to me are hugs. Also, I want a t-shirt with a picture of Troomp, Bannon, Ryan, Preibus, DeVos, Sessions, et al with a caption that says “This is why we can’t have nice things!”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

This is perhaps one of the most obvious (and apposite) examples of ‘good’ violence.

As well as the immediate victory, the battle had wider ramifications in that it demonstrated that Nazis did not have popular support, and lead to the introduction of various pieces of anti-fascist legislation.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

I don’t have problems with antifas using violence against fascists, nor with some being unpleasant thugs as long as I don’t have to work with them. They just are the lowest hanging fruit for people to hate on the left.

That being said, I can think of maybe one case where antifas killed someone. And it looked like it was a fistfight going “wrong” more than an assassination. As I said, when people want to justify their belief they are good at exagerating things.

Valentine
Valentine

@hambeast

That is an awesome idea for a shirt! Do you think it exists somewhere. And in the spirit of hugs and smiles and sayng fuck fascists have some proper smiles))))))

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

There is a fine history of resistance by the left, and we’ve been not afraid to fight… though we’ve taken far more blows than we’ve delivered, the history of miners’ strikes is uplifting.

Battle of Blair Mountain

Coal companies trying to erase the site, wiki reports:

In April 2008, Blair Mountain was chosen for the list of protected places on the National Register of Historic Places. This decision was contested by the state of West Virginia, and the listing was placed under review. As of mid-2010, “[s]ubsidiaries of two of the United States’ largest coal producers — Arch Coal, Inc., and Massey Energy Company, … — hold permits to blast and strip-mine huge chunks of the upper slopes and ridge of Blair Mountain, removing much of the mountaintop,” the National Geographic reported. Starting in the summer of 2006, Kenneth King, a local hobby archaeologist led a team of professional archaeologists to further investigate the battlefield. King and the team’s initial survey “mapped 15 combat sites and discovered more than a thousand artifacts, from rifle and shotgun shell casings to coins and batteries [and] little sign of disturbance” to the site, challenging earlier surveys conducted by Arch. Currently, preservation efforts are being led by the Blair Mountain Heritage Alliance, which is located in Blair, WV and which runs the Blair Community Center and Museum. In addition, in the summer of 2011, a march commemorating the 90th anniversary occurred, tracing the 50-mile march of the miners.

In October 2012, a federal district judge ruled that a coalition of preservation groups did not have standing to sue to protect the historic site.[33] On August 26, 2014, the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit voted 2-1 to overturn the ruling and returned the case.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Another consideration with the use of force is; whom might face any backlash?

There’s a fine line perhaps between offering support when invited to do so, and escalating a situation then letting someone else face the consequences later.

That’s not to say support has to be conditional on those you’re supporting taking action themselves. Defending people who (for whatever reasons) can’t necessarily defend themselves is the same as any other use of privilege.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

Garry Trudeau’s sardonic humor… B.D. and Ray discuss White Genocide

Ooglyboggles

OT: I made a translation of a Pokemon Sun/Moon Fan Comic
Source

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

Valentine – Absolutely! And proper (((hugs))) too.

There’s a “This is why we can’t have nice things” shirt with Troomp here
otherwise, it’s just pictures of the White House or the US Capitol building.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@IgnoreSandra

I haven’t liked this guy ever. He started out as a creep harassing the other women on cast, he constantly deadnames me, and he tries to modify what we do on stage to be more racist. He was already on my list of “People I expect to attack me eventually”

Is there not a process for removing him from the cast over that kind of thing?

@Alan

We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing.

See, I think Orwell was being a touch naive with this one. The current and past oligarchies have always been fully aware of what they’re doing, whatever flowery language they dress it up in.

Valentine
Valentine

@hambeast
That’s amazing shirt! They should do one for each president 😁🤗

Paradoxical Intention - Mobile
Paradoxical Intention - Mobile

Speaking of coal: Herr Dampnut just signed ANOTHER executive order rolling back Obama’s climate protections, because they’re “killing jobs” and “making coal miners suffer”.

The petty orange turd cares more about “clean coal” and “Making America Wealthy (but only the 1%) Again” than he does about future generations, but then again, that’s Textbook Conservative.

And the White House has quietly restarted talks about Health Care.

Moggie
Moggie

Today’s SMBC comic features some fashy hair.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

@ Weird Eddie

Since when did Ray Hightower have the greying hair? I remember he and B.D. met in the first Gulf War, I figured he was in his twenties at the time, while B.D. was a Vietnam vet in his forties. I suppose it’s been a quarter century since then….

A part of me still misses B.D.’s helmet, but I suppose Trudeau couldn’t keep that gimmick up forever, and 34 years is a long time.

Moggie
Moggie

Dalillama:

But every government mythologises itself. Every totalitarian government believes that it will be the one which will succeed where others have failed, that it’s so much better at it than those past dictators (losers! sad!). The fact that the regime of 1984 was mistaken about history doesn’t mean that Orwell was similarly mistaken.

IgnoreSandra
IgnoreSandra

@Dalillama:

Is there not a process for removing him from the cast over that kind of thing?

People have been removed from cast and banned from shows and parties over things. All of those people have been rapists, committed physical assault, or had multiple people complain about them. On my own, and I seem to be the only woman paying attention to his shit, I can’t get him removed from cast until after he attacks someone. Same with his two cis white dude minion-allies.

What I have done is lock him into a probationary status by voting against his inclusion into full cast every time it comes up, and citing my concerns. So if the director isn’t watching him very closely, then the director is not paying attention. He’s currently trying to be very outwardly nice to me, which doesn’t match who he is so I’m not buying it.

I’m concerned about pushing too far. It’s only been super recently that the director started using my right name.

Anyway, I’m not actually concerned about dying when this guy strikes. The only times we’re in the same spaces involve me being near a lot of people who dislike his shitheadery but don’t view him as the same threat I do. When he’s pulled shit there in the past, those people have backed me up. He’s a /polster, so he’s fundamentally a reactionary coward, and he won’t do what I’m certain he really wants to do to me if he thinks he’ll be fighting more than just me. This is why shutting down bigots in public spaces is super important. And also why parking next to other cast members is important.

It’s just my only experience with someone who admitted to being part of this cesspool, so I thought it was relevant.

Otrame
Otrame

@ Valentine

All good things get killed when mainstream tries to capitalise.

Or, As Paul Simon put it:

The music suffers,
The music business thrives.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

The thing to remember about Cable Street is that while it was the least unjustifiable form of violence, it was also the most illegal sort of violence. It was:

– Non-state violence carried out by (disproportionately underprivileged) private citizens;
– Wholly without state sanction;
– Instigated by a foreign-backed group which were at the time seen as the worst possible threat to civilisation;
– Against a group which had wide sympathy from amongst the more privileged members of society, even if they turned their nose up at them;
– Involved wholesale violence against the police, drawing in many people who didn’t care about opposing Fascism but wanted the opportunity to throw paving slabs at members of the Met.

Society at the time took the side opposite to that which we take today. The police got involved to protect the Fascists; many of the more establishment newspapers leapt to defend the Fascists, and the Communists who had been arrested were given harsh treatment even by 1920s slum dweller standards. It was widely held as an example of the violence that the Left would unleash on the nation, to the point that the Labour Party hurried to distance themselves from it.

It’s important to understand how shocking this was at the time. In modern-day terms, this is like a UKIP march being attacked by a British Muslim crowd instigated by the Daesh. It was wholly outside the Overton Window of the time.

I mention this not to damn the Communists and others who broke up the march; but as a caution to modern-day people who applaud the rioters from the safe distance of history when they would not have done so at the time. Morally, if your opinion on a particular act of violence changes depending on how close you are to it, you need to consider whether you’re impartial enough to be trusted with it.

Valentine
Valentine

@otrame

Just googled Paul Simon, turns out exactly not the music i like but still, put it better than i could

DanHolme
DanHolme

Re: ‘violence and the left’.

I have some experience of hunt sabotage, from way back in the day, and we were often portrayed as the ‘violent thugs attacking law abiding citizens’. I remember going to sab the Waterloo Cup in Southport (I think) back in the 90s, and at the protest afterwards we had a big argument with members of the League Against Cruel Sports – they considered our balaclavas/masks to be ‘too threatening’ and ‘making us look like terrorists’. To be fair, there were plenty of other sabs who thought similarly – I don’t think anyone ever wore a balaclava sabbing the Quorn hunt, which Prince Charles rode with, for fear of getting shot as a member of the IRA. However, this came not long after the following incident, and so we were a bit pissed off:

One day we were sabbing a well-known Shropshire hunt, and were mooching through some woodland (about six of us) trying to get back to the road and our van. I think we’d been tying gates shut to hold up the terriermen on Quad bikes, or something along those lines.

It didn’t work, anyway, because the bikes got through and one of them was ridden into me by two guys, one of whom had a pickaxe handle. He missed me but managed smack someone else on the arm. The whipper-in, meanwhile, who’d followed them, started whipping us from safe up on horse back until someone managed to get the whip out of his hands.

A bit of argy-bargy took place but by then the hounds had got in between us, making it difficult for the hunters to get close (the hounds were no danger to us), and we were able to retreat to the road and meet up with support. Police enthusiasm to investigate our claims was unforthcoming, to say the least, and the hunters were equally keen to say we’d started it. Certainly the next few times we went to that hunt we had some pretty unpleasant dealings with the ‘followers’ and game staff (the riders were never really the issue).

I think many people would say that some violence in self-defence might have been justified here, but I would argue:

1) There were a lot more of them than us, and we’d have got our heads more fully kicked in – as would any of the other sabs who’d come to help us (before getting arrested for our pains);

2) The next week, or month, that we came to sab this hunt, we’d have faced a lot more than pick axe handles, and the focus would have turned into ‘fighting the hunters’, not ‘saving the foxes’;

3) We’d still have got blamed for it anyway, not just by the hunt and their supporters, but also by the police, the media, and the more lightweight anti-hunt charities. Which would result in heavier-handed, more biased policing, more aggro from hunters, and more vilification of AR by pretty much all sides of the press – I don’t remember either the Guardian or the Independent being exactly glowing about sabbing in the 90s (this was the days of the GAndALF trial).

This is an argument we had a LOT at the time, by the way; it never really goes away.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@EJ(MJW)

…I’m not sure I see the distinction? Especially in the context of the 1930s

CriticalDragon1177

Every single one of these people is sick!

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

@IgnoreSandra:
You sound like you’re really doing everything you can. If you pushed any harder then, as you point out, you might just end up alienating everyone.

All my support to you. I don’t know how you feel but you come across as a total badass, and a fantastic example to others.

@Dalillama:
There’s a very important distinction: if the Fascists hospitalised someone, they might go to jail.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Critical

Every single one of these people is sick!

Eh… Comments policy

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@IgnoreSandra
I can’t say I’m surprised by the situation. Disappointed, but not surprised.

Otrame
Otrame

@ Valentine

He had LOTS of different styles of music since 1964 when his first album came out. At first he and Garfunkle were mostly considered “folk” but that changed over time.

To many of us, American Tune, written about 1974, seems damned prophetic, with far more import now than it did at the end of the “hippy” era. The image of the Statue of Liberty sailing away to sea hurts these days.

I think this is the first time he sang it in public.

Many’s the time I’ve been mistaken
And many times confused
Yes, and often felt forsaken
And certainly misused
But I’m all right, I’m all right
I’m just weary to my bones
Still, you don’t expect to be
Bright and bon vivant
So far away from home, so far away from home

And I don’t know a soul who’s not been battered
I don’t have a friend who feels at ease
I don’t know a dream that’s not been shattered
or driven to its knees
But it’s all right, it’s all right
We’ve lived so well so long
Still, when I think of the road
we’re traveling on
I wonder what went wrong
I can’t help it, I wonder what went wrong

And I dreamed I was dying
And I dreamed that my soul rose unexpectedly
And looking back down at me
Smiled reassuringly
And I dreamed I was flying
And high up above my eyes could clearly see
The Statue of Liberty
Sailing away to sea
And I dreamed I was flying

We come on the ship they call the Mayflower
We come on the ship that sailed the moon
We come in the age’s most uncertain hour
and sing an American tune
But it’s all right, it’s all right
You can’t be forever blessed
Still, tomorrow’s going to be another working day
And I’m trying to get some rest
That’s all I’m trying to get some rest

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

Honestly I thought the “embracing of violence from the left” was about Che Guevara and shit.

But just like how people can’t let go of whatever feminist from the 60s and 70s, people can’t let go of Che Guevara as an example of evil leftist.

Ouroboros13

That’s because companies copy the most surface level and iconic things of an artwork to market it while not bothering to think what made the art iconic in the first place.

Example from me: Romantic composers blindly copied the darkest-sounding and passionate parts of Beethoven’s music and the loud and furious parts of his playing style. But they never paid attention to the whole picture, they often loved the big picture of Beethoven’s music but never cared too much about small details and nuances in emotion.

More modern example: Hbomberguy’s video on The Killing Joke movie.

Ouroboros13

*Romantic composers were not a company or business. They were more like emo kids who think wearing clothes from Hot Topic and listening to Marylyn Manson makes them the deepest shit ever.

Marxist Thought-Criminal
Marxist Thought-Criminal

Getting dangerous,just look at these tweets and video by one of these polsters/alt-righters. Pinochet and Fascist admirer(confirmed by tweets). Guess what his trying to advocate for:

They have no right to even call themselves “libertarian” anymore, despite wanting to cling onto the term. Yep, the Alt-Right movement is confirmed Authoritarian-Right.

Also these guys just got ‘triggered’ & attacked a 10 year old boy, quite vile if you ask me. Just as soon as he mentioned a few words and terms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7bSqTyg28o