alpha males artificial wombs bad boys beta males consent is hard creepy cuckolding homophobia incel men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny rape rape culture rapey

It came from the comments: Artificial wombs will turn straight men gay because women suck

Makin’ babies

Another day, another drive-by misogynist commenter who ends up being even more terrible than the terrible people I wrote about in the post he’s commenting on.

Yes, it’s time for another episode of The Comments I Don’t Let Through. This time, it’s a guy calling himself DownWithWomen, commenting on my post about the lonely incel who wants a nice woman to pay attention to him — while at the same time he openly advertises his belief that women “deserve the rope.” That is, a good hanging.

DownWithWomen, by contrast, thinks that men won’t have to kill women, because women will kill themselves once the men of the world discover how awful they really are. The catalyst? Artificial wombs.

When artificial wombs are invented men won’t even have to do it, women will rope themselves as their sexual market value plus power that comes alongside it is completely destroyed.

Yet another creepy dude obsessed with (cis) women’s fertility.

But then the argument takes a somewhat unexpected turn:

[W]hen [women] start to diminish men will most likely find it viable to cross the x-y line in order to flock to cute-boys to settle down with, and marry whom don’t have the hypergamous instinct of biological females.

Incels and MGTOWs often joke about turning themselves gay in order to avoid the dreaded girl germs, but this guy is serious — if a little confused as to how sexual orientation actually works.

As soon as [artificial wombs] are invented we don’t have to put up with the bullshit of women anymore, cute-boys are more feminine than western females and always eager to please/available for sex to a partner.

Hate to tell you this dude, but I’m pretty sure the twinks of the world aren’t going to want to have sex with you either.

They are more of a woman than any western whore and at the same time if you pursue them now there is no trouble, and also no ridiculous laws on what rape is(Which is everything nowadays) protecting them.

Wait, your argument is that straight guys will turn to twinks because, hey, you can just rape them with impunity?

Rape laws protect men too, you piece of shit.

The commenter then trots out the sad old argument that women only want macho “bad boys.”

Even if one marries a nice-guy he will only get used for his money, while she will continue to sleep around with the alpha male bad boys. The beta male nice guy will be forced to pour his resources into raising his child, which should be the responsibility of the other man and not him.

Never mind that this is not actually how the world works, and that the guys making this argument have zero proof that women routinely cheat on “betas” with “alphas” and use their allegedly superior sperm to make babies that the betas think are their own.

Women are biologically hypergamous, will always date and marry up, and even if in a relationship, a woman will immediately leave the man for a higher guy if she thinks she can land him.

And men sometimes leave women when they think they could “do better.” There’s no evidence that women are less loyal partners than men.

Women also sexually desire men who have a violent criminal record(Especially murder/assault/robbery/drugs/gangs being the top most “hot”) and wear tattoos/piercings on them. The jerks and badboys half of which being criminals, sometimes fresh out of prison/jail or bullies in school are straightforward about their sexual intentions; and masculine enough to press for it.

Well, first off, this is a giant pile of bullshit. And second, DUDE YOU JUST BASICALLY ANNOUNCED THAT YOU THINK IT WOULD BE OK FOR YOU TO RAPE GAY MEN.

You’re one of the “bad boys” you’re lambasting women for dating. Except even creepier.

But hey, thanks for sharing, I guess.

UPDATE: DownWithWomen has sent along an update of sorts:

We are talking about fem-boys you idiot. To sum things up here is a post from the 8chan /cuteboys/ section: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0R9eccUgEoH

As far as I can tell the board is devoted to young, femme gay men and crossdressers.

Fact is they are more of women than you, some claim to be straight but can be seduced still. They don’t complain often, and if they do try to cause an issue out of nowhere the gynocentric court won’t take them seriously.

So, doubling down on the rapey shit.

Women are not logical by biology, and 30% of babies born are not the husband’s baby but of alpha males.

This is not of course true. The 30% number gets bandied about because there was some study somewhere that found 30% of the time when the husband was concerned enough to demand a paternity test it turned out to not be his child.

Dormousing_it (formerly RoscoeTCat)
Dormousing_it (formerly RoscoeTCat)

@Chiomara: Your niece is adorable! And, what a great idea for a backdrop! I’m assuming the pink tulle, or netting, she’s sitting on, was there intentionally.☺

I was just thinking about what attracts cats and dogs to people. I always move slowly and deliberately around them, especially if it’s my first time meeting them.

I used to have a rather shy and skittish kitty, Callie, who was terrified of my father-in-law. He speaks loudly, probably because he’s somewhat hearing impaired. He also tends to stomp when he walks. Well, no sooner did Callie hear his voice, than she would start shaking like a leaf. She didn’t have to even be in the same room with him.

Kat
Kat

Dogs and cats love my boyfriend.

But babies — pretty much all babies — adore him. When a baby spots him, that little person is fascinated. Me? Other people? The baby might be interested for a few moments. But that child will stare at my boyfriend.

My boyfriend freely admits to being a child at heart. I think that’s what babies see.

Dormousing_it (formerly RoscoeTCat)
Dormousing_it (formerly RoscoeTCat)

I just saw JoeB’s comment. Why, oh why, would 60 Minutes give the likes of Juice Bro a platform? I feel the same way about certain other vile Alt Right characters, who’ve gotten exposure in the US mainstream media during the past year or so. They don’t warrant the exposure. Plus, I think it may legitimize them in the eyes of some people. Why give them more publicity?

Steampunked
Steampunked

I’m late to the party – I’m always late to the party (HI GUYS) but the thing that tickles me the most about this is the idea that cute crossdressing guys are going to settle for this type of dude. Ever. And I presume despite the rapey behaviour he’s fine with he intends some kind of settling?

Because someone has to RAISE that baby, you know. Unless the master plan is ‘destroy all women, enslave cute gay guys to raise children’?

Because that’s impressively weird even by my standards.

Scolar Visari
Scolar Visari

@Cat Mara, regarding artificial uteri.
I can think of one example where, depending on your point of view, they could be viewed as a positive thing. In the Battletech franchise, “iron wombs” were originally invented in the 21st Century to help with premature births. That’s not such a bad thing, is it?

Of course, fast forward to the 29th Century and the Clans (descendants of exiled soldiers from the old Star League) use them in their eugenics programs to breed superior stock for the warrior caste. While it’s possible for naturally born individuals (so-called freebirths) to become Clan warriors, it’s very difficulty and the more conservative clans invariably look down on children born the way Kerensky intended. Though Clanners may see this as a good thing (just like they think Timber Wolf is a better name than Mad Cat, savages), they also like to raise trueborns from birth to be warriors.

Basically: Just think of the 1998 Kurt Russell film Soldier and you’ve got the picture. There’s kids being indoctrinated, military brutality and a sweet training montage. Though Clans (as well as most of Battletech’s factions) are quite egalitarian regarding gender, with women regularly becoming Khans like Marthe Pryde of Clan Jade Falcon. So no male-only Clans here!

Interestingly enough, it’s precisely because of the amount of R&D poured into making better soldiers that the Clan civilians of Battletech lead far less comfortable lives than those of their Inner Sphere equivalents (which are the good guys, if only because they’re not Clanner scum). I’m going to doubt that the, ah, MeGoTOWs would be suitable material for MechWarriors or Elementals. Yes, Clanners may whine when they’re defeated in battle by underhanded (some might say clever) Inner Sphere tactics, but at least they do something other than whine about how they’re being treated unfairly all the freakin time. Of course, they’d also whine that around half of their fellow Clanners were feeemale in any event. I’m sure a MeGoTOW insulting a muscle bound Elemental for being a woman would go over very well before they were beat to death with their own spine.

To me, the manosphere’s fixation on iron wombs has always reminded me of Battletech. They seem to think living in a militant society like the Clans would be great, forgetting all the hardship that comes from living beyond the Periphery. Sort of like how they forget they’re not in a position to be in charge of so much as a potato gun. Then again, I never did understand much of the admiration for the Clans by Battletech players. Too much MechWarrior 2, I guess.

@Alan

Doesn’t have to be the dying parrot, you can go like “Blublublublublu!!!” “Schhhhickachickachickashhhhhh”, do mouth farts, anything of this sort. Bonus points for looking ridiculous for third parties!

@Dormousing

Yes, it was sitting around here to be used in her party, we noticed the light in the table where it was looked nice over her, so my mom just made a mess with it, grabbed her favorite toys, and had me take pics for her birthday ^^ It indeed was unusual and had a nice effect.

@Kat

I remember when I was a little child, I noticed there were the adults I knew that were just “adults”. By which I mean boring, who were kind to us but more interested in adult talk, treated everything we said and did as gibberish, ignored most verbal or non verbal things we said and did, etc. Watched cartoons with a blank stare or didn’t at all. They could even be funny, but were, ultimately, adults. The huge majority of adults were like that.

There are also the scary adults. They either just don’t like you or they act like they do but you can simply feel something is cruel/off with them. There was a cousin of mine who I was terrified of every since I was a baby, and my parents insisted I should trust him. He was a hairdresser and I remember sensing a shiver when he touched my hair or cut my bangs, or kept saying I was beautiful. I saw him as a living character from “Courage”. Later, as a teen, he started acting weirdly sexual around me and trying to find excuses to be alone with me. I tried to ignore my instincts thinking he was just a socially awkward guy who really liked me in a fraternal way, and rejecting him would be mean. My mother would save me from those interactions. Later I found out he was a pedophile with a preference for incredibly shy young teens (aka me!) so that was the mother of dodged bullets.
Until this day every child in the family fears him. Even if he arrives with presents, they grab it an run.

Then there were the adults who legitimately thought about us as people. Who thought our jokes were funny, who actually liked to play with us, listened to what we had to say, just treated us like we too were interesting and unique people. Not meaning to be holistic, but for lack of better wording, children and pets can sense all this energy, just like adults can or sometimes even better.

So I think your boyfriend must be a big adult child who totally speaks their language, is kind, and respects them, which are wonderful qualities, especially in a partner. Congratulations for you two, especially if you intend to have kids. This says a lot about him, in my perception ^^

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

@Chiomara
You have an adorable baby and niece. I’m sorry that your cousin’s a pedo.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith

@Alan:

I’ve got an invite to the Wingate Centre. That’s like the Krav equivalent of the Shaolin Temple. They sent me a vid of the course though and I just went “Ouch, that looks painful”. I will get round to it one day though.

If you do get to Israel, feel free to get in touch.
(This feels kinda awkward, actually, since I’m not much of a regular here so you don’t actually know me very well, but I do enjoy showing people around, especially in Jerusalem.)

Wingate’s in kind of a crappy location, though. Some nice beaches and dunes and such, maybe, but I think the closest urban point of interest might be an Ikea. :-/

Anarchy-X
Anarchy-X

Great. Another MRA who doesn’t know how homosexuality works. Exactly what we needed.

Kat
Kat

@Chiomara
Yeah, kids can sense good energy.

We have no plans to have children, but we do enjoy our cats — even though cross-species adoptions (human and feline) are difficult. I don’t know what they’re saying. They don’t know what I’m saying. But we make it work.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ penny

If you do get to Israel, feel free to get in touch.

Aw thank you; that’s so kind of you. Definitely will when I make it over.

I was hoping to do a bit of sight seeing. The timetable doesn’t seem to allow for that; but I think it has some errors in it. They’ve spelled ‘brunch’ as ‘fitness training’ for example. Apparently the graduation ceremony is on top of Masada. I’ve always wanted to do go there. They expect us to run up there but I’m assuming there are busses (otherwise I’ll be happy for them to just email me the certificate).

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

I wonder… If DownWithWomen can be linked to what is generally called alt-right animefans here, and people who praised asian cultures only when they meet their own criteria, i wonder if “cute-boy” is not a reference to what is known as otokonoko, with ko as girl/daughter rather than child : 男の娘. If you take a quick look on the pictures via google, you may have the idea of what it is exactly. It is only based on the appearance, and has, in theory, no link to the gender the person says s.he is, nor to her/his sexual preferences. Of course, alt-right animefans and DownWithWomen ilks are prone to make quick shortcuts, but that is not really a surprise.

To stay in Asia, and especially Japan, more and more transwomen are know as newhalf (ニューハーフ), but only because they “look” closer to the image of women people have than the traditionnal okama (オカマ – the ones often represented by persons with “woman” clothes, make up and the like, but with beard stubble and “man” bulk). So, the cute-boy term can also apply to the newhalfs, i suppose. There are famous newhalfs in Japan, with TV shows and movies casting. Here is an old study about the various terms used in Japan. For a strong newhalf character, you may read the manga called “Liar Game”, there is one in the trio of main protagonists. To note, i do not have heard about a specific term for transmen in Japan.

Have a nice day.

Ghost Robot
Ghost Robot

The way these guys obsess over babies/women’s fertility/contested paternity you suspect it’s never occurred to them that they can choose not to father children. Maybe they’re dealing with cultural expectations, or the feeling that children are one of those grown up things you’re supposed to “just do” (see also marriage and home ownership). Either way, it’s laughable that the likes of DownWithWomen think they’re being “impeded” from sowing their seed.

I’m openly childfree by choice (as is my partner), and we both believe it doesn’t occur to many people that you don’t absolutely *have* to have children. I certainly believe it doesn’t occur to 99% of these MRA/MGTOW/PUA types, 100% of whom should never be allowed to raise kids in the first place.

With all their fears of being fleeced by a hypothetical woman who makes them pay for another man’s child, it sure as hell doesn’t sound like they even want to start a family in the first place. Why not own it? They’d almost certainly be happier (well, at least less suspicious) in the long run.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

Okay, just setting aside the ghastly imagery of women hanging themselves, are we sure this guy isn’t from the Bene Tleilax? Cuz it sounds like he’s channeling their concept of the axlotl tanks right here (fair warning for those Googling it, some of the concept art people have come up with would give H.R. Giger nightmares).

Actually, come to think of it… don’t the Tleilaxu kinda fit the alt-right to a T? Xenophobic, isolationist, misogynistic, multi-faced, trusted by nobody, harbouring goals of conquest but used by unscrupulous powers for their own ends?

Damn, I gotta re-read my Dune novels….

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

The tleilaxu are at least somewhat competent and able to advance science, even in an horrific way. They do find a more humane way to create spice, most importantly. (I would not call anything else that they did humane)

They do fit the alt right in that they are extremely surprised to see a group of women being able to master their scientific advances, and in that they get wiped out in a very small amount of time by a group of determined women.

DanHolme
DanHolme

Hi all,

Regarding the ‘where do outlaws live’ exchange that was mostly on page 3, I’m led to believe the standard answer in medieval England was: close to the county border.

That way, if the Sheriff (or Shire-Reeve) of one county was in pursuit, you would head for the next county where they had no jurisdiction.

The town of Flash in Staffordshire is, apocraphally, a settlement of naughty coin-clippers and forgers who used to nip into Cheshire when the Staffordshire fuzz arrived, Derbyshire if it was the Cheshire law, etc. It’s also high up and remote, which was pretty useful.

‘Woods’, as such, were a bit few and far between – ‘forests’, on maps, tend to denote areas for the nobility to go hunting, rather than particularly wooded areas.

….and back to lurking….

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith

@Alan

Aw thank you; that’s so kind of you. Definitely will when I make it over.

Cool! I’m available on Gmail, under lady.pennywhistle, so go ahead and write that down somewhere, for whenever. We’ll find out which of us is more awkward.
(Side note on that: Oddly enough, despite having very Israeli behaviour in some aspects, I find myself rather identifying with a lot of “this is so British” awkwardness descripions. Not all, but a lot. Also, apologising. My [American] BF sometimes teases me about how much I apologise, and it’s definitely not typically Israeli, but visiting London a couple of years ago I suddenly didn’t feel weird about that. 🙂 Sort of a liberating experience, I suppose. Sorry, that was a bit off topic. Erm…)

Oof, that sounds very gung-ho macho whatever of them. Let people have some time off! It’s a good thing that Israel is small enough that travelling doesn’t take very long.
As for Massada, it’s a fascinating site, and the Judaean desert there is quite beautiful, so yeah, definitely worth a visit. Buses don’t go up there, but there are cable cars, so that should be okay.

JoeB
JoeB

Oh Juice Bro, you should really delete your grosser/stranger tweets BEFORE you go on national TV and say something like “I don’t say anything I don’t believe”

Fun is being had on twitter with that one.

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

Sinkable John – Those evangelizers! How infuriating!! They’re either walking around oblivious to the fact that they may be harming/offending/insulting folks who are, related to, or friends with someone who was conceived with the help of IVF, or they *are* aware of this and just don’t care. Either way, they’re being awful humans. You’re perfectly justified to send them packing. With extreme prejudice!

I am able avoid itinerant evangelizers* (and there are loads of them here where I live) by using the peep hole** in my front door. Kids***, neighbors, and delivery people, I’ll answer the door for; most anyone else is a big ol’ NOPE. People I really don’t want to interact with almost always seem to carry either a clipboard or a briefcase.

*These are by far the most numerous. Next are the sales people (mostly selling pest control) and then the ones that want to buy my truck which is STILL NOT FOR SALE.

**I realize that a lot of folks aren’t able to have a peep hole, I count myself lucky here.

***I always do my best to buy stuff from neighborhood kids and they’re always welcome to come into my backyard and retrieve their balls and other toys, or even gather some lemons for their lemonade stand. I want them to know that I will always answer my door for them, no matter what.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Hambeast

I gotta say I’m glad for France’s pretty strict gun laws, but I’m kinda sad I can’t pull a “get off my property” on those assholes because of those same laws.

I gotta think of something to scare them away for good.

CleverForAGirl
CleverForAGirl

Babies and small children were terrified of me until I dyed my hair blue, now the way they look at me and want to interact with me. My friend’s little girl actually talks to me now. (Except when my roots grow in, then she looks at me with suspicion.)

Children not being afraid of me is one of the reasons I haven’t gone back to my natural color.

(I can’t even talk about the Original Post, too gross.)

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith

@Sinkable John – Stale baguette, wielded like a club? (-;

(“La baguette, elle a tres jours! Sacre bleu, c’est terrible!”)
(Apologies for mistakes above)

Paradoxical Intention: Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

Hambeast (fan of diversity) | March 27, 2017 at 12:53 pm

I have a peep hole in my apartment.

However, I AM TOO GODDAMNED SHORT TO USE IT A;KLSDFJA;SDLKJF

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden | March 27, 2017 at 1:18 pm
I gotta think of something to scare them away for good.

My uncles used to paint pentagrams on their foreheads and blast Rob Zombie from the stereo whenever they saw them coming and answer the door like that.

And a few other people I know like to ask them (jokingly) if in exchange for the evangelical pamphlets, the evangelists would buy tickets to their ritual sacrifice.

CleverForAGirl | March 27, 2017 at 1:32 pm

I can’t recall the original author, but there was a tumblr post where someone said they dyed their hair rainbow colors because children look at them as though they’re a magical fucking creature, and grown men look at them with disdain and disgust.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith

(Dammit, just missed the edit window to cotrect “tres” -> trois. Getting Latin languages confused. Assuming there are also other mistakes I didn’t catch. Also, how would you say “a travesty” in French? Online dictionaries seemed to go for the “parody” definition rather than the “keeping bread for three days” one.)

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

@Ohlmann

Of course! So focused on the details was I that I totally forgot basic competency and scientific understanding. Alt-right “science” is limited to a half-dozen bogus or debunked race theories and believing climate change is a Chinese hoax.

Full credit to the Honored Matres for taking out the Tleilaxu (despite being rather terrifying and squicky themselves.)

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

I gotta think of something to scare them away for good.

Giant dildo bat a la Saint’s Row.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Hey, look!

Those dog people who claim our kitties don’t really like us that much are wrong!

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Penny

Problem is, bread never goes stale here – doesn’t stay around long enough. Also I don’t get the link between bread and translating “travesty” ? Parody is a pretty accurate translation though, though.

@PI

That’s pretty much exactly what I used to do ! Wouldn’t work here though, they’d just come en masse to perform an exorcism. Coming to live here may have been a mistake.

Chiomara

I read on… Somewhere once about a disabled woman (legs didn’t work) who died her hair pink. Once, a small child kept staring at her. The child said “why is your hair pink?”, and she whispered “can I tell you a secret?” the child approached her/his ear and she said “I am a mermaid in disguise! Sssssh!”. The child looked at her legs with the jaw dropped and got so excited (s)he almost cried out of joy. Every since then the woman decided to be a mermaid for a living, buy a costume, make pictures, and sell it (or something like that). It was a pretty cute story.

I for myself have very big curly hair, and decided to die it “natural red”/copper because I always found gingers unique and gorgeous and why not. It just so happens that it turned out great for me, it looked natural because I am pale with blue undertones and enhanced every feature of my face. Even the people of my family who knew me every since I was a baby either don’t notice I dyed at all or insist that was my color since always and I just brightened the tone a bit. Anyway, “Brave” came out just the same year I dyed my hair, and once I was walking around and an acquainted woman stopped to chat with me. As I mentioned, I am very tall, skinny-ish, big curly copper hair, baby face (I was 17), and I was wearing green. So, her 6 yo was looking at me with the weirdest shine in his eyes, jaw dropped and everything. I finally looked down to him, smiled and winked, his eyes went wide and he signed his mom that he wanted to tell her a secret. She came down and he whispered in her ear, she laughed and told me
“Oh, he told me that you are Merida. From that movie, you know, Brave.”
That was the most adorable thing to happen in the century for me. I asked “Wow, how did you recognize me without the bow?! It’s supposed to be a secret!”, then hugged him. Every time he saw me he was so adorably star struck, and I would say Merida-ish stuff around him to rile him up ^^. It lasted for 2 years or so, now he already grew out of it, meh. But it really was so so sweet.

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

Sinkable John – I was gonna say what Paradoxy said. But I’ve also been told by pagan friends that just wearing a pentacle is often enough to scare them off.

One time, when I was a teen, I’d been prepping salad for lunch to help my mom and answered the door to a Fuller Brush seller who skedaddled rather more quickly than normal. I didn’t realize until later that I’d probably forgotten to put down the butcher’s knife* I’d been using!

*Yes, I know! But my mom only owned one good knife, and that butcher’s knife was it. My only other choice was a cheapo freebie steak knife from the supermarket. Which was never going to work on carrots.

Paradoxical Intention: Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

@The topic of making children awesomely happy:

One time, way back when I still had a good number of friends in the fandom I spoke to on a regular basis, I was talking in a Skype chat to some of my MLP friends. Jokingly, I did my best Pinkie Pie impersonation (which always got their attention because people say it’s apparently really spot on), and that gave one of my friends an idea.

He has a small daughter that he watches the show with and they bond over. So he asked me if he could put his daughter on the call, and I could do the voice for her.

Y’all.

Y’all.

The sheer JOY in that child’s voice added a whole decade to my life. She was just SO EXCITED to be talking to “Pinkie Pie”.

comment image

She asked if “Pinkie Pie” could go to her cousin’s birthday party (that they were attending later that day), and sadly “Pinkie” had to decline because she lived in “Equestria” (the US), and this lovely, wonderful child lived in Australia, so she wouldn’t be able to make it in time.

Still one of the best examples of me using my powers for good.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

I dressed as Wanda from “The Fairly Oddparents” one year, as room Mom for my daughter’s 2nd Grade Halloween party. Temporarily dyed my hair pink, the whole nine yards…

I still have students from that party tell me how much they enjoyed that. (I work in my town’s library.) My daughter turns 23 in two days.

These things make a big impression on kids. I guarantee they will never forget any of us. 😁

Chiomara

Awwwww, now I want to see/hear you guys doing your silly stuff.

Here’s a recent picture of me doing my silly stuff (aka being be with redhair). I decided to show my face after all this time because why the hell not, I am not even in Facebook anymore.

Hello guys! Das ist me! Doing my usual long faced gothy Merida Cosplay, how are you? :3

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Hi Chiomara! You make a great Merida.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Paradoxy

However, I AM TOO GODDAMNED SHORT TO USE IT A;KLSDFJA;SDLKJF

Aww, that’s one of the sweetest things I’ve ever heard.

@ chiomara

“Oh, he told me that you are Merida. From that movie, you know, Brave.”

A friend’s 8 year old was convinced I’m Gru from Despicable Me. In fairness I do have the same coat.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Hello, Chio’s face! Your hair is very Disney Princess indeed 🙂

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Chiomara
Very good Merida hair indeed.

Thank you for saying nice things about my hair ^^
I was self conscious of it for so long, only recently began accepting it.

@Alan
Hahaha, that’s so cute, did you do the accent? YOU GOTTA HAVE DONE THE ACCENT.

Bina

Okay, I’m a bit late here too, but here goes:

Actually, when artificial wombs are invented (IF that ever happens, which I somehow strangely doubt), men are still going to look for women to have sex with, because (a) women will still be here, and (b) straight men, in any event, will still be horny for them. Also, sexual reproduction will still exist, because it always has. And “market value” will, as usual, NOT exist, because it never has. Ditto for all this alleged “power” women have over men.

Actually, wrong again! Male rape does exist, as MRAs are constantly pointing out (although they seem to think it’s the only kind that does, and that jail is the only place it happens, which is all bullshit). And male-on-male rape is explicitly a product of the patriarchy. Sexual assault IS illegal, regardless of the sex of who did what to whom.

As for gay men being “more of a woman” than women, that’s a straight-up laugh. Gay men are not women. As anyone who’s ever been one, or been with one, could probably tell you.

Oh sweet fancy Jesus, dude…explain trophy wives to me, then. Because the last time I looked, that was a clear case of men marrying women who are out of their league, looks-wise. MALE hypergamy, in other words.

And I’m pretty sure the guys who do it will trot out all kinds of “biological” excuses there, too.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ chiomara

did you do the accent? YOU GOTTA HAVE DONE THE ACCENT.

Of course; you have to! I actually do it anyway. I like Gru and my mate’s kid wasn’t the first to notice the resemblance. A friend bought me the scarf. And when the second film revealed Gru’s girlfriend does Krav Maga she just went “Fucking hell, it is you”.

(My friend loves the Minions so when we’re in the pub I do Gru and she just mutters “Bottom” and titters)

Oh, and adding to the hair admiration. You’d make a brilliant Boudicca.

Chiomara

Dio describes her as “possessed of greater intelligence than often belongs to women.” He also describes her as tall, with tawny hair hanging down to below her waist, a harsh voice and a piercing glare.

Tacitus records that she addressed her army with these words, ” It is not as a woman descended from noble ancestry, but as one of the people that I am avenging lost freedom, my scourged body, the outraged chastity of my daughters,” and concluded ” This is a woman’s resolve; as for men, they may live and be slaves.”[25]

Gee! Sounds like me, alright. *throws hair back in smug confidence*

Hihihi, bottom.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Chiomara, you and your hair are beautiful. I see where your gorgeous niece gets her stunning looks from.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ chiomara

There’s a thing in British archeology called the “Boudiccan Destruction Layer”. Now that’s a legacy.

(It’s very useful because you know anything above it is post AD60 and anything below predates that.)

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Chiomara

Thank you for saying nice things about my hair ^^
I was self conscious of it for so long, only recently began accepting it.

Your hair is amazing; I am deeply envious of it.

@PeeVee
AWWWWWWW! *hug* Thank you!

@Alan
Yissss, that’s amazing.

@Dali
But that’s unwarranted, and I don’t want you to feel like that, however your hair is. At worst, if your hair is curly, you probably are misguided on what to do with it because people act like curly hair DOESN’T EXIST. A few years ago my hair looked like… You know Hermione’s hair in the few first Harry Potter movies? Even the color was the same, it had that dry grass aspect. Because I was in denial and treating it like it was straight. It’s just a question of learning what to do with it and I would love you to give you tips if that’s the case! Every type of hair is beautiful, even “witch hair” like mine, hihi.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Chiomara

No, my hair is straight and fine and immune to styling. :p

Muddy Creaky
Muddy Creaky

@ Chiomara @ Alan She is pretty much a local hero here in Colchester; razing the Roman town to the ground was an impressive feat.

(Hi all. Long time lurker.)

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ dalillama

Every now and then the Grauniad does a thing where they have a word or phrase and they invite photos on that theme. You should send that in next time they do “pondering”.

Anarchonist

@Chiomara

I have long, naturally curly hair that gets really dry really quickly and when wearing it in a ponytail to keep it out of my face, it gets really static and gravity-defying. Annoying as all hell.

I’m always curious as to what the heck I might be able to do to my hair. If anyone with experience with maintaining curly hair has any advice I’d love to hear it! The only advice I ever hear is using moisturizing shampoo (no shit).

Croquembouche of patriarchy
Croquembouche of patriarchy

@ Dalilama, your hair colours are gorgeous though, and probably work better on fine and straight hair. I’m seriously considering emulating you, though I’m usually too lazy a woman to bother with hair dye.