alpha males alt-right beta males crackpottery cultural marxism gender policing internet tough guy men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny post contains sarcasm PUA red pill straw futrelle vox day

David Futrelle: Inventor of communism and fascism, murderer of millions, unlucky at love?

FYI, watch out for gamma rays!

As a mildly internet-famous man, I get fan mail sometimes. Often in the form of drive-by blog comments that show up fairly regularly in the “pending” folder on my WordPress dashboard.

This morning I discovered a flattering little missive from someone calling himself RedPillGuard, who has many strong feelings about me, most of them loosely tied to my alleged status as a guy with a particular Greek letter attached to me.

Not only do I have a “female mindset” but I’m also … like a woman?

Where they have Cleopatra you betas have Gamma Males like yourself.

I thought I was just a Gamma. Now I’m a Beta also? Greek is hard!

RedPillGuard follows up this expert distillation of my character by expressing the desire to see me raped in prison.

A lot of drive-by commenters would have left it at that. But RedPillGuard is just getting started. Turns out I’m responsible for several centuries worth of mass killings!

Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin, Khrushchev, Mao, Lenin, Robespierre, Hitler, Trotsky, Hugo Chavez,. You are the scum of this planet, in the last century your kind murdered over 100 million people on the planet, you created communism and this mess of cultural marxism today.

You can’t get laid so you channel your energy to focus on other sad activities.

Like genocide, apparently.

Women scorn you because you mirror back a woman‘s most unflattering traits, and no woman even wants you to be her beta because she knows if you had her child you would likely sell them to slavery on the black market or take them to somewhere they have a high probability of dying in.

Wat.

Sad you will not succeed.

Huh? Dude, I apparently murdered 100 million people before I was even born. I’d call that a pretty big success!

In a followup comment, RedPillGuard asks:

Why don’t you meet Roosh V in real life and see who has more confidence instead of passive-aggressively making jabs at him gamma male coward?

This is a somewhat ironic statement to be coming from an anonymous internet commenter.

At this point you may be wondering: aside from all the genocide and hypothetical child-selling, what is it exactly that defines the Gamma Male?

RedPillGuard links to an old post from Theodore “Vox Day” Beale, the racist fantasy author and self-styled pickup guru who came up with the Gamma classification, based on extensive research centered around his own posterior. According to Beale, there are four key characteristics of this imaginary personality type that he made up.

1. Overly romantic (dramatic self-narrative)
  2. Conflict-avoidance (passive-aggressivene and plausible deniability)
  3. Delusion (exaggeration and posturing)
  4. Lack of success with women

I guess I am a bit conflict-averse, if you don’t count my intermittent political activism and most of my writing career. So that’s one out of four.

And now I have the theme song to the old Hulk cartoon show in my head. So let me, in my passive-aggressive way, put it in yours!

Ikarikid the Dumb
Ikarikid the Dumb

So in other words Roosh is a “gamma”?

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Stay strong, David. It’s never a good experience to receive that kind of message, even when they prove you are a good human being.

Zatar
Zatar

Followers of Alt-right idiots like Vox Day or Roosh V making Hitler comparisons will always be pretty rich.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

Words, what do they mean?

“I don’t like this thing, or this other thing, or this other other thing, none of which are alike, but HEY! If I mash them together and fling them at someone I don’t even know, they’ll be really, really insulted! WIN!”

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Where they have Cleopatra

Ironically, if they were as good at Greek as their obsession with the alphabet would suggest, they’d know ‘Cleopatra’ is hardly a name to smash Patriarchy.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

It’s tempting for me to say that the projection is strong with RedPillGuard but I think that’s too easy. It seems that RedPillGuard has rigid ideas of what an enemy looks like, and has assigned David all the “enemy male” traits, regardless of reality.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

David! You have come to their attention in a negative way (again)! Respect! Congrats, and keep up the good work.

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

“David you are a gamma male, worse than an omega or beta. Not only do you have a female mindset, your kind embody the unflattering, backstabbing, evil, ruthless, greedy, cowardly, stubborn and manipulative qualities of women.”

i’m under the impression this guy once read some turn of the twentieth century propaganda once and it forever scarred his impressionable mind.

also David, what exactly do you do in order to scare these clowns so much?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Do I even need to point out what’s wrong here.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Communist, when he lists Hitler, a fascist. Fascism is what they want. So they’re calling Hitler, and themselves bad by association.

@Dan Kasteray
He exposes and mocks their posts for years. It makes the troll aware that people are laughing at him.

LindsayIrene

When they can’t get laid, it’s because women are evil. When (they assume) you can’t get laid, it’s because you are a retroactive mass murderer. Makes perfect sense.

Flora
Flora

Maybe this loquacious fellow is a recent convert to the Red Pill, and hasn’t had a chance to pick up the rest of the Alt Right philosophy? Thus cultural Marxism is what makes women think they have the right to consent and so BAD, but Hitler is a bad dude?

I suspect I’m trying to find internal consistency where there is none.

Also, I thought omega was the last Greek letter, hence Yahweh is the alpha and the omega (the first and the last). If not whoever who’re the Bible had some (even more) explaining to do.

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

@ SFHC, Oogly

re: “isms” and “ists”

I once worked with a gentleman (I use the term in its loosest sense) foe whom these terms, communist, fascist, Nazi, socialist, were not actual political persuasions in any sense, and had no independent meaning, but were just generic terms for “anyone I don’t like or who is even the least bit progressive, or is not American”. He regularly referred to progressives as “communist nazis”…. While he admired the deeds of many of history’s more vicious leaders (Hitler, for example), those deeds were never enough to make up for their non-American-ness. It was weird.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Dude uses the words “Hitler” and “Communism” in the same sentence, like, aight.

Then again, Hitler kinda was Patient Zero for that particular brand of inconsistency. Dubbed his ideology National “Socialism” – then said it was all about fighting back against Communism (and the Jews who pulled the strings by… having invented Socialism, apparently).

So I guess it sorta makes some sense. Maybe. Probably not.

Also, why the hate on Trotsky ? That’s kind of unfair, dude was “disappeared” way before he even had a chance to be a mass-murdering dictator.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

I guess that was all the historical tyrants he could think of. But I’m convinced David is secretly Gheghis Khan Temujin, Caligula, Vlad The Impaler and “Papa Doc” Duvalier too.

Idi Amin, I’m less convinced… not Forrest Whittaker-y enough.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

This actually has me wondering… are there definitions for all the Greek lettered males? I’m sure the Omicron males are pretty badass. Ditto the Psi and Phi males.

Epsilon and Upsilon males I’m a little more iffy on. I think Aldous Huxley had a thing or two to say about them.

Austin Loomis

Eddie, are you secretly driftglass the way our host is actually every left-wing leader from Robespierre to Chavez? Because DG’s been on that case since at least 2009, when he attempted to explain to Andrew Sullivan (despite the latter’s aggressive disinterest in listening) that

in the hands of the shitkicker demagogues of the Right like [Michelle] Malkin, phrases like “radical leftist” have long since lost any meaning. They are just the pejorative-du-jour, pulled from a random grab-bag of Limbaugh-words — socialist, elitist, feminist, Marxist, anti-American, compassionate, cut-and-run, surrender, Liberal, extremist, collectivist, queer, Communist, fascist, atheist, humanist, “New York”, “San Francisco”, “Chicago”, French, European — that each used to have discrete and very different meanings, but are now bleated interchangeably by the Pig People and their overlords at anyone with a softer heart than Curtis LeMay and less imperial ambitions than Genghis Khan.

Some days, I swear, you could go through the Herald-Mail’s Feedback section with those terms on a bingo card and be guaranteed of getting at least one row.

Marshb
Marshb

How does a redpiller get to throw around epithets about not getting laid when they themselves have problems getting laid? Are you not by definition a redpiller if you can’t get laid? Doesn’t that (by the authors lights,) make David (gulp!) A redpiller too?!

I’m so confused! This whole mgtow stuff is so meta and not in a sane way!

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

@Alan

To say nothing of the fact that there were six other Cleopatras in the Ptolemaic dynasty. Most of them were murdered by their family members or children after being deposed as rulers.

I mean, if we’re talking Cleopatra II, she sounded pretty hardcore. Cleopatra VII… overrated in my opinion.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ gussie jives

Cleopatra VII… overrated in my opinion.

Arsinoe certainly thought so.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

This made me laugh out loud. Thanks, David.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

David Futrelle, the Cleopatra of men. A cutting insult indeed!

Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie
Weird (Encouraged by the RESISTANCE!!!!) Eddie

@ Austin Loomis

Nope, not secretly “driftglass”… secretly drifty, perhaps. I did read his commentary on Andrew Sullivan’s crisis of conscience regarding the “party of god”, which you linked to. Sullivan’s complaints about the Repubs and the right in general are insightful, but I gotta wonder, where the hell has he BEEN??? Every one of his objections refers to dogma that has been an intimate part of the right since at least forever!

ColeYote
ColeYote

David you are a gamma male, worse than an omega or beta

He knows he basically said “you’re worse than B and Z, you’re a C!” right? Like, omega is supposed to be lowest on the totem pole because it’s the last letter of the Greek alphabet.

RadicalBacon
RadicalBacon

How do you keep such epic comedy gold from us? More lulz from the MRAs, more giggles from the incels!

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

YOU GIVE SCARY THOUGHTS. I NOT LIKE.

There, I’ve summarized all of their emails for the foreseeable future, you can just shitcan them from here on out.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

Viscaria, this is what I’m wearing right now.

OMG me too!!! What are the odds?!!

I am the Cleopatra of men of women.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@RadicalBacon
Giggles for the Giggle God. Chuckles for the Chuckles throne. Let the internet laugh.

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

David, I am in awe of your abilities at time management. You manage to produce blog posts, despite all the mass murder that must inevitably take up a lot of your time.

OT Hope any Mammotheers in London today are unscathed. All good thoughts to the victims, members of the emergency services and bystanders who helped. #hopenothate

JoeB
JoeB

I’ll give him half a point for including someone who isn’t on the standard issue historical baddies list and another half point for it being a non-communist leftist.

Ktoryx
Ktoryx

I wasn’t even aware that their little pop psychology theories extended all the way to gamma. Is there a delta? Omega?

You know, we talk a lot about the virgin/whore dichotomy and how much that messes with women, but these guys actually put themselves and other men in little boxes of their own. Even more boxes, apparently. I wonder if this is just a phenomenon of this sad little subculture, or if they are giving words and weirdly specific categories to the hangups and anxieties of toxic masculinity in general.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Sinkable John

Well, given that National Socialism, the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, and the alllegedly socialist People’s Republic of China (not to mention numerous less prominent socialist governments), it’s possible (and indeed probable), that socialism is in fact total shit and leads to totalitarianism. Which makes perfect sense really. ‘We, the Party, will own everything and run it for everyone’s greater benefit’ isn’t a meaningfully different statement than ‘We, the [capitalists/aristocrats/white/etc.], will own everything and run it for everyone’s greater benefit’. And we all know how that goes, don’t we?

And also was kind of opposed to anyone (and particularly Stalin) being a mass-murdering dictator. That’s why he was killed, in fact.

JoeB
JoeB

@Gussie Jives

Caligula has that infamous reputation but for my money Caracalla is the worst person to be Emperor of Rome. The lowlight: He didn’t get along with his brother and co-emperor Geta so at a meeting arranged by their mother to try to reconcile them he had men loyal to him barge in and stab Geta to death.

He also provoked a war with the Persians by offering to marry the king’s daughter, then having the whole wedding party slaughtered when they crossed into Roman territory (more sympathetic accounts say he started the war because his proposal was shot down).

Laugher at Bigots, Mincing Betaboy

There are omega and zeta, and there’s also nu.

Yamara

@Gussie Jives

And, as always, they never give so much as a thought to all the lambda males.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@Dalillama : it could be good to not confuse socialism and communism.

While communism have a very bad record on staying democratic and not becoming an authoritarian hellhole, socialism is about on par with liberals and right wing people.

(the “moderate” one, aka, the one with enough common sense to not want to slaughter people one way or another)

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I think if David has a female mindset, he should be compared to Elizabeth Bathory, Madame LaLurie, Aileen Wuornos and Nannie Doss.

enjolra
enjolra

Following genocide and communism, cultural marxism can’t help but feel a bit anticlimactic. Like, did you run out of steam at the end there?

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@enjolra Arson, Murder and Jaywalking? 😉 (warning, TV Tropes link)

Mea
Mea

Speaking of Beale

Amazon has blocked sales for The Corroding Empire, a scifi book from Vox Day’s conservative publishing company Castalia House, because the cover bore an uncanny resemblance to John Scalzi’s latest book, The Collapsing Empire.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Ohlmann
You seem to be confusing Socialism with Social Democracy. The former is a situation where astate owns everything, ostensibly in the name of the People. They are characterized by centralized command economies, single-party authoritarian governments, and grinding squalor. The latter is capitalism with infrastructure, and works as well as capitalism can. Neither is communism, which is characterized by worker-owned cooperatives, equality, and ideally justice (although the latter two are complex social problems that won’t actually be solved by political or economic reforms per se; those still improve things a lot). My go to example, mostly because it’s the only significant scale mostly comumunist economy I know of that nobody shot after the first couple years* is the Emila Romagna province of Italy . There, Marxist (though not dogmatic) governments have been elected regularly since the 50s, and they’ve implemented policies that led to lots of worker coops, and consistent rankings at the top of provincial quality of life rankings in the EU. There’s limits to what they can do on the larger equality and justice fronts, beimg a provincial government, and I’m not saying it’s a utopia, but it sure looks like working pretty well.

*And hard statistics can be had;The Zapatistas aren’t prone to cooperation with officials, on accout of their completely valid fear that the Mexican government is gonna roll in and shoot them.

Elizabeth Regina
Elizabeth Regina

You’re getting to them, you must be doing something right. Thanks, David, keep it up!

Did the reference to Roosh May anyone else think it was Roosh?

I dunno maybe I’m overly suspicious, it just seems odd that someone is defending Roosh, when he’s lost a lot of his fan base for variously “promoting degeneracy” and “not being all that white”.

misophistry
misophistry

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum David.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

I’m spending the week with my wife’s conservative family. I’m about to fucking self-destruct.

Seraph4377
Seraph4377

Not even close to the point, I know, but..didn’t most of the men on that list have wives, mistresses, concubines, etc.?

Nick
Nick

I just wanted to say that I love what you do here and I think it is important and inspiring.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Imaginary Petal
Best of luck to you. We’re here if you need to vent.

1 2 3