alt-right empathy deficit entitled babies irony alert literal nazis oppressed white men racism YouTube

Racist YouTuber JonTron is even more racist than people already thought he was

Well, he’s already got the uniform

So another YouTube videogamer dude with a ludicrously enormous number of subscribers has started talking like a Nazi.

Jon “JonTron” Jafari built up his fanbase — he’s got more than 3 million subscribers on YouTube — with videos big on jokes and light on politics. But in recent months he’s started talking politics, and of course, this being 2017, it turns out that his politics are pretty terrible Trumpian/alt-right garbage.

Dude, take another look at the picture you just posted. The Founding Fathers wore leggings and powdered wigs. I don’t think a man wearing a pink hat would really faze them. But I digress.

Even some of his most devoted fans began to worry a little when, late in January, JonTron appeared on a 5-hour livestream with reactionary YouTube blabber Carl of Swindon Sargon of Akkad and basically came out as an alt-right fellow traveller.

This Sunday he managed to top even this with a surreal two-hour online debate with fellow YouTube videogamer dude Destiny. It did not go well for him, debate-wise, and over the course of the debate he revealed just how much of a racist idiot he really is.

In the JonTron subreddit, because of course there is such a thing, most of his fans seem to be a bit alarmed by his terrible opinions; he’s also lost more than 10,000 YouTube subscribers.

One industrious Redditor transcribed a number of JonTron’s more, well, colorful statements. Here are a few of them. (I haven’t gone back and checked these against the video because, well, life is short, but I believe these are mostly accurate.)

• “Wealthy blacks … commit more crime than poor whites, that’s a fact.”
  • “What is so offensive about white people saying they’d like to preserve their demographic majority?”
  • “It’s clear that whites are not allowed to speak up against their demographic um… oblivion.”
  • “[Whites] are not being killed, they’re being displaced. You are the same guy who says that Europeans displaced the native Americans but apparently, when other people do it to white Americans, it’s okay because fuck white people.”
  • “Why is it when the chinese were trying to colonise tibet, why was that a save tibet situation but when it’s white people… I’m using an analogy to try to give a parallel situation so you can see the hypocrisy.”
  • “There is an absolute disproportionate of crime committed to whites by nonwhites. There’s no arguing that, that’s just FBI statistics. But white people are not allowed to address this because it’s called racist by people like you.”
  • “I don’t recall Trump ever saying anything explicitly racist.”
  • “Nobody wants to become a minority in their own country. Why is it bad if they (whites) remain a majority?”
  • “Not all Mexicans are going to go on welfare but a lot of them are going to commit crimes. The El Salvadoreans are going to create the MS13 gangs.”
  • “These days the confederate flag has been banned, they’re burning american flags in the streets. … And I think immigration policies that haven’t been the smartest are partially to blame for that.”
  • “We’ve gotten rid of discrimination in our western countries. If you don’t think we’ve gotten rid of discrimination, you’re living in a fantasy land.”
  • “This oppression in America, it doesn’t exist.”

Though JonTron likes to present himself as a champion of Truth and Reason, most of these are alleged truths are not in fact true, and most of his opinions are decidedly unreasonable. Adding to the surreality: the earnest defender of all things white is himself half Iranian.

I think this calls for the infinite facepalm.

If god forbid you want to listen to the whole damn debate, you can find it here, all 2 hours of it.

I tried to find a watchable video with some excerpts in it, to no avail; the only ones that did contain actual clips tended to be by pasty white dudes more or less defending JonTron.

This video doesn’t have any clips in it, but it summarizes the whole JonTron mess in a relatively non-annoying way, which is really the best you can hope for on YouTube.

re: RPG Maker horror games

There’s also one that’s not quite a horror game, but…well, I think it might be worth a shot, Sinkable John.

And you DEFINITELY wouldn’t need to download a translation patch.

Handsome Jack, think we should tell him?….and do you have any idea what I’m talking about?

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

Wait, Destiny? The same Destiny who got dropped from his SC2 team for using racial slurs? The same Destiny who basically made a name for himself being an unrepentant shithead? How is he the reasonable side in a debate? What world is this?

Maybe he learned better?

None whatsoever…LISA or To the Moon?

@Handsome Jack

OFF.

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

@Troubelle

Never heard of it, if I’m honest. The original is in French, though. Huh. Should have guessed.

@Handsome Jack

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhow tho.

To you and @Sinkable John

It’s free, there is an English language pack available for anyone who is not French-speaking (again, John, you’re cool), and it’s both surreal and unsettling.

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

@Troubelle

I’m actually not that into playing horror games but I watch people play them.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

OFF IS TOTES AMAZING AND EVERYONE SHOULD GO PLAY IT RIGHT NOW.

*ahem*

Seriously, go play it. It’s an amazing game that really sticks with you once you’re done. And it’s completely free.

Here’s an English download link that was approved by the original French creator.

John, you said you were French before, yes? If so, then this game was originally in French, and I can link you to the direct site.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Handsome Jack (why did I almost put Uncle Jack? Too many games on the brain….)

OFF had its heyday around…2013-2014, if memory serves.

@PI

THANK YOU.

By the way, the creator goes by Mortis Ghost.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Ooh I remember OFF.

Hey, it’s pretty old, I mean I haven’t hermited that long.

@Sinkable John

Well, at least we know ya have taste!

Ah, @Handsome Jack: Said heyday was after the English translation. It was RELEASED in (looks up on TV Tropes) 2007. So, like….ten years.

Still, GOOD GAME.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I don’t understand a word anyone is saying in this thread and it’s making me feel like grandpa Simpson.

My favorite game always has been and always will be Mario 3

comment image

Boo
Boo

Seems to me that Jontron is advocating for his own deportation to Iran, just as Michelle Malkin before him advocated against her own citizenship.

Six weeks in, Muhammad Ali Jr. has been detained TWICE!

As a Canadian, I remember the tied dual crimes of Maher Arar’s extraordinary rendition and Omar Khadr’s indefinite detention at Guantanamo, which I blame Harper for at least 60% since it was his job, but the rest is the American war machine refusal to recognize relative culpability: all Muslims, Iranians, Arabs, whatever, are no more responsible for the actions of their extremists than white people.

P.S. The most peaceful yet put upon people, the First Nations, get way more grief in this country… dafuq????!!!

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

….and now after all the OFF talk, I take an online test and the name Japhet is used. great.

@wwth

Hey, nothing wrong with the Italian-American-Mushroom Kingdom resident plumber and his brother. I have plushies of both.

dlouwe
dlouwe

@WWTH

Maybe this is more up your alley:

Or this (heh heh):

Boo
Boo

Interestingly for the Nazis, Jontron may be more Aryan than they think, but of course that doesn’t change the fact that he is painting a big bullseye on himself with the current administration

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

That was when I was like 16 or something, so I might actually need to play it again now, ’cause I remember like… not much. Like, more than most of the games that I recall playing during that period, but still not a lot. My memory’s pretty shitty about certain years for some reason (probably around times where the insomnia was the worst ?), and it was one of those.

I remember the feeling of amazed mindfuck.

(Also PI yeah I’m French, so there’s still some games I got to enjoy before y’all did. *has totally not learned the bulk of his engrish by trying to play games with no available translations at like 12*)

@Boo

Besides they condemn (to the point where it’s sadly but unsurprisingly become an expectation now) the ideologies and actions of “their” extremists. That’s more than most white people can claim. Also as we’re seeing these days, there’s a lot more white extremists.

So, um, yeah, that ban might have to be rethinked. Like, if they really want to ban someone, it might be best to just ban whites instead.

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

Dispshit dole is awesome and going on my list.

GenJones – I feel you; the only aunt I have left graduated from Rush to Alex Jones a few years back and I’ve had to write her off. She’s got my cousins on her bandwagon, too now. And my uncle, ofc. :/

I watched Markiplier one time because I just had to see the final boss fight in Psychonauts and by the time I’d started watching Paradoxy’s channel, it was too late to see hers (theirs?) since it was done live.

Paradoxy’s channel is the shit, y’all, you should check it out. She does voices and characters so well!

I love listening to you, Paradoxy, it makes me so happy!

DMW
DMW

Since people are talking both about YouTubers they like and horror games, may I toss HarshlyCritical’s name into the ring? As someone who adores horror/suspense/thriller/other-spooky-junk kinda games but can’t afford to buy them, buuuuut still wants to experience them somehow, I’ve really come to appreciate his channel. Mostly because he’s very thorough. Almost everything gets explored, notes and journals are all read, tapes listened to, that sort of thing. And he’s quiet when characters talk! That’s such a pet peeve of mine.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Hambeast (fan of diversity) | March 15, 2017 at 6:41 pm

She/her/they/them are my pronouns, so any of those are cool. 😀

And it was done live. Kinda. I had to stop because I was on the verge of snapping my keyboard in two and I didn’t get to complete it, but I did do some of the Meat Circus live.

I love listening to you, Paradoxy, it makes me so happy!

comment image

D’aw shucks.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

It makes me so happy to see people talking about OFF after all these years. I don’t have it anymore because my hard drive got replaced.

I don’t want to play it again, not because it was a bad game, but just… play it and see for yourself.

Dr. Thang
Dr. Thang

Wow, who woulda guessed the guy proudly sporting a neckbeard would turn out to be an asshole?
This is why the only gamer youtuber I watch is Alchestbreach. He’s one of the nicest guys I’ve ever seen, he’s hilarious, almost comically brilliant in the way he makes up these stories and songs on the spot, and most importantly, he doesn’t go on racist tirades or anything. He doesn’t really go on tirades about his opinions at all, but I can still safely say he probably doesn’t have terrible opinions.
As far as people who do express their opinions though, I think Jim Sterling is awesome. You can tell he’s good by how often angry manbabies call him a “fat sjw”.

On LPers:

….please tell me raocow’s clean.

Amy
Amy

I used to watch his videos and when he was with Game Grumps. He was so funny and talented and he can sing. Then I read some of this crap he is flinging and had to drop his Youtube channel and Facebook page. Happily, my kids lost interest in him, too. So many of his followers tell him how brave he is because he is speaking his mind. He’s not brave, he’s just another loser dickhead. Such a waste.

Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr
Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr

In which Jim Fucking Sterling Son takes the piss out of whiny “freeze peach” manbabies by using sarcasm thick enough to use as cement:

CPphazor
CPphazor

>Jantran isnt a Nazi guise

The fucking, commentary community sometimes man I stg.

Zatar
Zatar

3rding the Adam Koebel recommendation. Also if your at all interested in more tabletop role-playing games or improv storytelling I would strongly recommend checking out his other stuff on Rollplay and the roll20 YouTube channel. However if that stuff is too long I would at least recommend his Sundered Land series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3awG5wEE7LU

Its entirely improved between him and his chat room but He’s able to create these really cool interesting dark fantasy storys

IgnoreSandra
IgnoreSandra

This is why I don’t watch or read LPs as much as I want to. I like gaming, I like talking about it, I like communicating with it….but…most of that culture has been hijacked by literal fucking nazis and I deserve way better than to be around that crowd.

It took me way too long to figure out that TotalBiscuit was a shithead.

I used to watch AngryJoe, and during the gamergate shit he said that the harassment of Sarkeesian was unacceptable, but he doesn’t typically review stuff I like all that much.

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

*five minutes of silent, confused mouthings*

And here I was so relieved a month or so ago when I finally vented about my disappointment in Jon falling off the deep end. I just expected I would have to wait a few years and a political upheaval before I could watch any of his videos again.

I didn’t expect…this.

I think the Game Grumps are still okay, and PBG. I might have to see what PushingUpRoses has been doing, lately. And check out some of the other LPers people have been recommending.

dslucia
dslucia

On the subject of small-time YouTubers I’d like to think I’m not too much of a problematic dickhead, but I do know there’s some questionable stuff strewn about the videos I’ve done, particularly with others. But there haven’t been any new videos on the channel since I started uni,either, and it’s only been recently that I’ve been considering making the time to start recording again.

EDIT: Oh,and as far as seemingly-cool people are concerned, Retsupurae, Chip Cheezum and General Ironicus, and TieTuesday are in the same camp as Jim Sterling from everything I’ve seen up to this point. Though RPs older videos might be a bit iffy, since they got their start by making fun of bad LPs.

Ooglyboggles

OT: Trump’s muslim ban 2; electric boogaloo is banned yet again

Federal judge blocks new travel ban; Trump calls it ‘judicial overreach’

A federal judge in Hawaii blocked President Donald Trump’s new travel ban on Wednesday afternoon, hours before the ban was set to go into effect.

In a 43-page ruling, US District Court Judge Derrick Watson concluded in no uncertain terms that the new executive order failed to pass legal muster at this stage and the state had established “a strong likelihood of success” on their claims of religious discrimination.

Any bets on Trump calling for nationwide martial law?

Monster-Teeth
Monster-Teeth

This is why I don’t watch YouTube Let’s Plsyers or whatever they call themselves. They’re all contrarian assholes.

Chiomara
Chiomara

How do you guys have so much time/patience/money (maybe?) to know this many games and channels? Jesus, I feel like I live under a rock.

Some of you may remember me a year ago asking about games and stuff. So I am proud to say i fell in love with Fallout. I played Fallout 1 and 2 on my PC (that thing is difficult!!!), watched a walkthrough of 4 and am in the middle of 3 (tunnel snakes rule!). I also finished all Batman games in xbox360 (I played on easy and took an eternity. Sue me). And played so much Civ that I got tired and just declared myself eternal emperor of the world.

Nothing other than that.

Those games you mentioned all seem great, do any of them work on PCs that run on potato power (its 11 years old. Its half my own freaking age) or smartphones?

By the way, just wanted to mention my brother is 16 yo and can make RPG Maker games with extreme ease. He usually makes medieval fantasy games. He makes Pokémon games too. He grabs the regular pokemon games and messes up with the code, design, lines, etc, and when he is finished its an entirely new game, with new stories, npcs, gym leaders and pokémons. Its pretty great. And It gives you a chance to battle me, since most of his games has me as a character, hehehe. Just find a redhead who is a nerdy type and/or has a feline creature and thats me. ^^

Its pretty cute and i am very proud of him.

Scolar Visari
Scolar Visari

@Ooglyboggles
Declaring martial law is, ah, astronomically unlikely. That would required far too much tee-amwork from an individual who doesn’t seem to know what both their hands are doing (literally, in this case) and the consent of other people in high places.

Likewise, going so far without a spectacular incident ala the Burning of the Reichstag or first contact with the Blorg Commonality would likely result in the heads of the military refusing such an inane order outright (being the beta males they are). The Department of Defense has already expressed visible displeasure over the executive actions regarding travel, and it’s not really hard to imagine an animated chewing out from Mattis in the Oval Office that would make for wonderful headlines the next day.

Dr. Thang
Dr. Thang

@Monster-Teeth

Trust me, that’s not true. I’ve seen like 99% of AlChestBreach’s 4.5 thousand or so videos, and he’s never been remotely rude or an asshole about anything.

@Chiomara

Hey, the Fallout series is my favorite too! I never played the first two, but I played 3, NV, and 4. NV is my favorite game ever. I know I keep going on about Al, but if you love Fallout games, you especially should check him out, because what he’s known for most is playing Fallout mods.
Just check this out, it’s only a few minutes.

Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
Nikki the Bluth Wannabe

@SinkableJohn

Now to conduct some introspection in how is it that every time I have a rather short point to make (they can’t find good excuses to hate it) it eventually descends into one hell of a wall of text.

You’re smart, you’re passionate about the things you like, and your thoughts are interesting. I don’t see your tendency toward walls of text as a problem!

@Handsome Jack
Is that a GIF of cat!Yzma you used on page 2? If so, obscure ’00s Disney movie fistbump!

Ooglyboggles

@Scolar Visari
Yeah that order would require a ton of loyalty from all parties involved alongside a giant wave of fervor. Neither of which has been particularly been much in quantity. I was entertaining that thought since that person isn’t known for making the best decisions when he’s on the backend.

Speaking of other things Paul Ryan and Trump are dragging each other through the mud by saying the other has cowritten the vastly unpopular trumpcare bill. It has not been a good day in Trump’s world.

Scolar Visari
Scolar Visari

@Chiomara

I, in fact, know how you feel, having used computers that might as well have been made from bamboo and first generation vacuum tubes for most of my life (relative to the rest of the world, that is). However, the modern indie developer scene has produced some rather fine titles with low system requirements in our present world of spaghetti code high budget titles, albeit often because they’re deliberate throwbacks to older eras. Stardew Valley, for instance, is essentially Harvest Moon from the SNES.

There are also planet-loads of point-and-click adventure titles that range from ye olde’ pixel art graphics to, “meh it won’t kill my GPU”. Bonus points for Life is Strange, as the first episode out of five total is free to play and it utilizes the catchphrase, “wowzers” (but I warn of swear words, damn it). I’d be surprised if it any of the vaguely similar titles in the Telltale library are hardware demanding. If you can play Fallout 3 (or simply feel the need to quit after the nth CTD like I did), you should be able to play any of those. Or play New Vegas, I guess?

Additionally, both GoG and Steam have a yuuuge selection of older titles actually worth playing, and some of them (like Imperium Galactica II and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident) have even received compatibility and widescreen resolution patches.

However, the undisputed monarch of indie developer titles, the Kerbal Space Program, is right out for older computers. Attempting to play it may result in your computer undergoing an unplanned rapid disassembly event. That might upset Johnny 5.

Kat
Kat

Dude, take another look at the picture you just posted. The Founding Fathers wore leggings and powdered wigs.

Kat’s fashion notes

In the picture, the Founding Fathers are indeed wearing powdered wigs. Powdered, curled, lavender-scented wigs.

But those are not leggings. Those are silk stockings.

Also spotted in the picture: frock coats, shoes with bold, decorative buckles, and ruffles. Lots of ruffles.

That’s what the au courant guys were wearing two hundred years ago.

Colonial Fashion Trends: What the Founding Fathers Wore

Scolar Visari
Scolar Visari

@Ooglyboggles
Mind you, we could’ve said the same of a certain authoritarian party in 1930s Germany before a certain arsonist set fire to a certain building after a certain Chancellor was appointed by a certain airship! I have no doubt that there is more juicy infighting going on at the moment than we’ll ever know, but we must never forget how that all got there in the first place. If a person can ride a poop tsunami of hate, fearmongering and apathy right into the White House, there is little stopping them from going farther given the right circumstances.

Having said that: A bad day in Trump’s world is a good day for entertainment. I often wonder if Congress, the Secret Service and the FBI actually requested the president stop using Twitter from an unsecure smartphone. I can only imagine what kind of response they got in return.

Ah, to be a fly on the wall in the oval office! Er, without the swatting part, that is, and more developed sensory organs.

@Kat
One day, we’ll go full circle (yet again) and wonder why 21st Century men were so feminine looking as all the cool males of the future strut about in Jean Paul Gaultier designed, Ruby Rhod inspired leopard print one pieces.

Chiomara
Chiomara

@Dr Thang
Hahahaha, oh my goood, I have got to admit I usually hate vídeos like that (I prefer vídeos where the guy says nothing or very few thing, and doesnt fool around too much) but I have got to admit I strangely liked this one! Maybe because he has a nice voice and his laughter is catchy. I like it. Thank you, I will definitely watch it in the future. And play the first games, I know they are different and unpleasant looking for most people but I swear its hilarious and huge and fun too.

@Scolar
THANK YOU! You know what they should do, a “gaming for people who are freaking dirt poor” YouTube channel. THATS something I would watch.

Anyway, I dont think Paulo César can handle New Vegas. He runs Fallout 3 like someone with lung insuffiency would run a marathon, its not pretty.
I will definitely take notes of your tips and check it out.
Hey, you know what else I was able to play and loved it? Valiant Hearts. Probably my favorite game ever. Its a piece of art, Im still crying about it.

tim gueguen

Funny to see this Markiplier fellow mentioned, because I first became aware of his existence a couple of days ago when I somehow came across someone’s fan art of him on Deviantart.

IAmMarauder
IAmMarauder

Thank you to the people that have offered new YouTube channels for me to look at 🙂 I’ve now subscribed to Paradoxical Intention’s channel (now to go watch all the videos!), and going through some of the others.

There are a great many channels I used to watch (both gaming and atheist/skeptical channels) until they showed their true colours, and my subscriptions got trimmed quite quickly. I found some good channels for the second group, but couldn’t find many gaming channels to watch.

I do love the work of Jim F’n Sterling (son) and LauraKBuzz (both of which I found thanks to Garrett – a great feminist channel), and HBomberGuy is an occasional gaming channel. Apart from that the only other gaming channel was DireWolf20 (who only really does modded Minecraft).

I have wanted to try my hand at doing videos, but the toxicity on YouTube puts me right off. Maybe when I can gather together enough spoons to protect myself…

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

I wrote a now-sadly-abandoned Stellaris AAR on their forum which got quite a lot of praise. I didn’t go back and finish it because that place is too toxic and entitled for my liking, but I had fun writing it.

It’s been suggested that I should take part in someone else’s videos for something space-related (Stellaris, Space Engineers, KSP) and either play a second character or just offer sideline expertise and snark. I’m not an LPer and wouldn’t know how to go about doing the recording and publishing; I have enormous respect for those who do.

Paradoxy’s channel is pretty cool, and she’s referred me to some other fun LPers. Thanks, Paradoxy!

As a side-note, what I would really like to find is someone who can do proper artistic interpretation and cultural critique of games as a medium. That person would get all, and I do mean all, my viewing hours.

Chiomara
Chiomara

@PI
Began watching your channel seconds ago and, before anything, just wanted to say i love your voice! Its so beautiful yet adorable! You sound like a Disney princess. Ever worked in dubbing? You could totally pull that off.

Never imagined youd sound like that. Anyway, gonna keep watching!

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

The Dutch election went fairly well. Wilders got totally cucked. Klaver picked up 16 seats (+12). Great job, you Dutch commie Marxist feminazis. Is France next?

Some Guy Who Just Showed Up Outta Nowhere, I Dunno
Some Guy Who Just Showed Up Outta Nowhere, I Dunno

Re:YouTuber politics:

My younger brother & sisters are big fans of DanTDM (I mysekf am an occasional viewer) – is he evil or no?

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

“I don’t recall Trump ever saying anything explicitly racist.”

Did he play all along the presidential campaing without ever reading or listening to the news ? Ah, but i forget about that “fake news” stuff…

And who is this LP you are all speaking about ? Life Point, like in the SaGa series ?

Have a nice day.

Jamesworkshop
Jamesworkshop

“[Whites] are not being killed, they’re being displaced….

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Today, I’m going to play Journey again (I haven’t since around the time it came out). Then I’ll start thinking about whether or not to get Fallout 4 at a discount (it’s at like just below 20€ right now so…) or maybe, just maybe, go hunt some more giant robot dinosaurs. May or may not upload a video or two of Horizon gameplay and spoiler-free chosen bits of dialogue, with emphasis on how much of a badass Aloy is.

(Yes, Aloy is at least half the reason why I love the game so much.)

@Imaginary Petal

Is France next?

I hope to hell we are… but I doubt it.

Wilders’ defeat was my long sigh of relief for yesterday, but as far as Klaver’s big win goes, I’m not sure we’ve got anyone like that here who stands a chance against our fascists. Then again I haven’t paid a lot of attention to my own country for the past year and a half, so I dunno.