armageddon men who should not ever be with ponies ever MGTOW misogyny

MGTOW meme of the day: “When society collapse, who will females go to?”

That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works.

A lovely little MGTOW meme for Friday night. Inside of every Man Going His Own Way is a delusional doofus who fantasizes about society collapsing in a heap so that he can say “told you so” to all the women he’s ever had an unrequited crush on.

Now, I’m no expert in post-apocalypse survival, but I’m pretty sure that if (when?) society collapses no one will be feeling particularly cocky. And that it will be the people who cooperate with one another who will be the most likely to survive, not the prickly MGTOWs still holding a grudge about the girl who turned them down in 8th grade.

EDITED TO ADD: I found this meme on a MGTOW Facebook page here. Lots more ridiculousness there.

Cerberus
Cerberus

EJ- Pretty much, yeah, they do.

And yeah, resources would be king and that’s something Mad Max: Fury Road got very right. The only chance of the type of fever dream they imagine being established would be bases on rare resources like water or consistent stable food. And then, it would be like most cults, one person benefitting, the rest conscripted to protect them in exchange for scraps. They are very unlikely to be the “one person benefitting” and that “one person benefitting” will always be looking behind their back for the person tired of dealing with their shit and willing to take out their oppressor for a bit of peace.

Elizabeth Regina
Elizabeth Regina

If they can’t survive, thrive and get love in a society which is pretty geared towards them doing just that, why do they think things will be different in more brutish environment?

They’ll just fail harder, more often and this time with no ‘civilisation’ to blame.

Lea
Lea

For men who are happy to be going their own way, they certainly do fantasize about women paying attention to them an awful lot.

Matteo suppo
Matteo suppo

You guys are making me want to play http://apocalypse-world.com/ again

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Samantha | March 11, 2017 at 2:58 am
In short, women will be the ones, with “beta” men, who will focus, protect and rebuild. Men who think of themselves as “alphas” will be, for the most part, the marauders and warlords. The “beta” males are actually the ones who will bond with the women and children, help physically build and defend the new and fragile towns, help farm, teach and preserve the knowledge accumulated by the fallen society, and be the friends, mates and fathers. “Alphas,” aside from being violent jerks, will, perhaps, find a place as guards and soldiers.

The funny thing about this is, in order to be an “Alpha” warlord or whatever, you’d actually need skills and strength to do it.

I highly doubt that any of the Miggy-Toes here would be up for the challenge, and would, very likely, be in the same situation they wish women were in.

Crawling to the other encampments begging for food and medicine because they have no skills to speak of, outside of being a wannabe-pretentious jackass.

Matteo Suppo
Matteo Suppo

You people make me want to play http://apocalypse-world.com/ again

Whoops sorry double post

RosieLa
RosieLa

In my childhood I was better at the spy game than the neighbourhood boys. Why do they think that they’d suddenly have the creeping, hiding, and climbing skills that they didn’t have then?

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

I would probably die pretty quick in an apocalypse. I wouldn’t have much to contribute in that scenario. Nevertheless, I don’t feel that this means I should be forced to have sex with men that hate me.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Whenever we have an MGTOW apocalypse post, I always wonder what kind of apocalypse they’re actually envisioning. In a zombie scenario, than violence skills would be very important. I’m not sure how much time you’d have to set up a system of sexual slavery when you’re constantly trying not to be bitten by hordes of the undead though. Even in a zombie apocalypse, working together would be necessary however. You can’t fight off a thousand zombies alone.

If the apocalypse was some sort of plague that killed off the vast majority of people, like in The Stand, strongmen would be fairly useless. With the population depleted but little environmental damage, there’d be plenty of canned food and bottled water just lying around and not much competition for it. It would be all about banding together to form new communities.

In a nuclear apocalypse, there wouldn’t be too many hot babes around. The effects of radiation poisoning aren’t terribly attractive.

I think what they’re imagining is that right wing fantasy where governments spend too much money and it somehow causes them to completely collapse. I’m not sure how this would happen though. If the population and infrastructure were still intact, a new government would form pretty quickly and I have no reason to think that MGTOW would be in charge of it.

Really, I can’t think of a single apocalyptic scenario that would actually put them in charge. Even if there was a community that was run by a brutal and misogynistic strongman like Negan’s group in TWD, why are the MGTOW the leaders? It takes charisma to become a dictator. We know the average MGTOW doesn’t have any because they’re constantly whining about how alphas are getting laid and they aren’t. Why would they want a society in which the alpha male runs things and takes all the conventionally attractive women for himself? Wouldn’t betas such as themselves be even worse off? Or is it just that they want women to be raped and enslaved and which men are doing the raping and enslaving matters little? Oh. That’s what it is.

Ick.

LindsayIrene

I’m not sure where to get the spinning shaft.

Gerbils. Lots of gerbils.

Heh. I’m imagining MGTOWs after the apocalypse, pestering women who are far too busy for their shit.

“Helpless woman, by accepting this can of peaches, you consent to join my harem.”

“Dammit, Jerry, you just trampled my tomato seedlings!”

vaiyt
vaiyt

The people who fantasize about being powerful in a society with broken down institutions should stop watching Mad Max and instead watch City of God.

LindsayIrene

Everyone should watch City of God.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

Cerberus: part of their fantasy is that they’d be able to practice the kind of alfalfa brutal dominance display they view themselves as having within them, but our “liberal feminazi society” is preventing them from actinf out (because you know, laws and shit). That’s why they imagine themselves at the top of the pyramid – all those betas and women who are too soft and sensitive to fight them will be slaves! Slaves I tells ya! Hahahaha!

Except that it’s a fundamental misunderstanding of how social creatures, like us, function. Good leaders are the ones that will rise to the top. They win respect, prove their worthiness by successful effective decisions and above all make those “underneath” them feel taken care of. Meanwhile, as history as shown, dictators are almost always toppled by force (if their regimes don’t collapse under their own weight). Migtows forget the power of a united mob. Good luck taking on the rebellion, idiots.

brian
brian

@Matteo Suppo
that’s the RPG I’m currently running! best post apocalyptic RPG there is, for my money.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

OT: Final Season of Samurai Jack premiers tonight. Fans will finally have some closure on Jack’s story.

Boris
Boris

Ah, so they will finally get women to sleep with them in post-apocalyptic America.. Because of the “implications.”

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
Bakunin
Bakunin

Apocalypse World is very good. Did you know there’s a hack that does cyberpunk a la Shadowrun. (But without the magic bits)

Fabe
Fabe

This Apocalypse World has my interest. what kind of mechanics does it use?

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Flora We’ve been discussing it in the comments here and there. Thanks for the latest update. 🙂

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Fabe
Class-based, pretty rules light, very narrative play style. I’m not personally a fan.

Andy Cooper
Andy Cooper

It’s not just MGTOW that fantasise about this stuff.

Conspiracy theorists have been harping on about it for ages, and the internet is bursting at the seams with posts from NWO-obsessed libertarian/survivalist misanthropes, that have been stockpiling guns, dried goods and water for years. They eagerly await the collapse of society. In part that’s because they believe they’ll finally get the kind of access to women that has been denied them up to this point.

Anybody here seen the dreadful post-apocalyptic Kevin Costner film, The Postman?

The villain of the piece is essentially an embodiment of this kind of fantasy. Pre-apocalypse, an unpleasant but mostly harmless copier salesman. Post-apocalypse, he’s become a feudal warlord, roaming from settlement to settlement, demanding tribute and female flesh in equal measure.

Jesalin
Jesalin

OT:

Force employees to take DNA tests for bosses? We’ve got a new law to make that happen, beam House Republicans

House bill HR 1313, dubbed the Preserving Employee Wellness Programs Act, was introduced by Representative Virginia Foxx (R-NC) and would allow employers to request genetic data from workers – and their family members – if they want their health insurance covered. It wouldn’t be mandatory, but those who refuse could see their health costs rise by up to 50 per cent.

Genetic information is protected under the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The proposed legislation would do an end-run around these protections.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Andy Cooper

The villain of the piece is essentially an embodiment of this kind of fantasy.

The book is much better, and makes that point much harder. While it’s never specified what the original apocalypse was, it is shown that recovery would have already happened if it weren’t for the violent shithead survivalists who took it as license to run rampant, thereby fucking everything up way worse than it already was.

(Spoiler: In the end, it turns out that the reason the survivalists are pushing north deeper into Oregon is because the Republic of California has rebuilt a civilization, and their army is coming for these fuckers who’ve been raiding them ever since the fall of the old world.)

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Jesalin,

My God. Suddenly The Handmaid’s Tale looks even more prescient.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Anybody here seen the dreadful post-apocalyptic Kevin Costner film

That sentence also works without ‘post-apocalyptic’.

Latte Cat
Latte Cat

Something most MGTOWs do that people seem to miss – it’s only a small thing, but it says a lot. I’ve noticed they insist on referring to men as Men and women as females. Their bitterness and resentment is reflected in most things they say and do.

Alex Stallwitz
Alex Stallwitz

Wasnt this why the MRAs hated Fury Road because it ruined their fantasy of a men ruled world after the collapse of civilzation by having a strong female main character who can take care of herself instead of making her a damsel in distress. Even the brides werent completely helpless. They wanted to be Immortan Joe I think as oppose to Max.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Alex
Complete with their beta comparison to Max who aids the gynocracy to topple the alpha civilazation.

Paradoxical Intention - Mobile
Paradoxical Intention - Mobile

Hey, I liked The Postman. : (

To be totally fair though, it has been years since I’ve seen it, so I don’t know if it holds up to memory.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I’m imagining Tank Girl rolling up into a post-apocalyptic MGTOW settlement

comment image

They wouldn’t even have the internet to whine about the uppity females to.

Looking up that gif, I noticed that Naomi Watts is in that movie. I always manage to forget that. Maybe because she had dark hair and looks so different than she usually does.

It’s funny. MGTOWs get so many ideas about what a post-apocalyptic society would be like from movies, comics and fiction but they forget how many of those stories have kickass female protagonists or side characters.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Paradoxy

The movie’s not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, although it would’ve been a lot better if Kevin Costner wasn’t involved. The book’s still better though.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

If mgtoes and other misognyists (racists, etc) can’t handle rejection and even wanting to move to a different country to avoid child support then there is no way they can handle an apocalypse.

I took Jrotc, horticulture/floriculture, medicine, etc classes in school so I believe I can be some use if the apocalypse comes.

So complain all you want misogynists (racists, etc) but in reality you need US. That’s what angers you so much.

numerobis
numerobis

Given where I’m about to live, when the apocalypse comes, I’m going to die pretty quick. Combination of freezing to death and starving.

*Unless* we buy a house and put solar panels and a battery on it, with a decent-sized grow-op inside for veggies. And get the rest of the city on that kind of system as well, with plenty of wind power to handle the winters.

With that, we’d be self-sufficient for a good 10 or 20 years before we start to need to replace the equipment. And remote enough that likely nobody would bother coming by.

The trick would be to re-establish communications with the outside world after things shake out.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

Ah, Kevin Costner movies. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger, Costner is somehow both an actor and a genre of film.

The Postman is, IMHO, the least worst of the Costner movies.

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

The only real skills I’d have to offer a post-apocalyptic settlement are childcare and storytelling. I also know a lot about history, so I’d probably be at least one of the people responsible for passing on information about the past to the next generation.

My sister-in-law, the emergency doctor, would probably be the post-apocalyptic MVP of my family. I can just imagine a migtoe begging HER to save his life.

tim gueguen

I’d work on becoming a professional shoveller if society collapsed. After all there’s going to be a need for someone to dig graves, latrines, and other holes currently dug with heavy equipment.

Steampunked
Steampunked

Well, I grow vegetables, fruit, I have bees, chickens, and soon quail and goats, I can make cheese, soap, mead and cider and frequently brew. I also grow mushrooms and a range of herbs.

I can seedsave and dry and store for lean times (though this year was pretty bad where I was, so we’ve no extra produce), and I kill and eat my own roosters. I can skin, preserve hides, weave, make basic thread, and treat simple wounds, and am formally trained in ambulance first aid. I can raise many farm animals, but can’t perform castration safely (something that becomes necessary VERY quickly in most big mammals unless you want injured animals around). I can raise fish without importing food, but don’t do it anymore as I discovered I just don’t like eating fish. I can smoke and preserve food and make my own bacon.

I’m not great at hunting, but I can do it, and I know how to get land crustaceans up and how to clean them.

I know how to make paints, build with wood, mix plaster from base materials, and I can dye from natural produce. I grow plants like woad and hyssop for non-food uses, too. I can glean and know what food is locally edible and have made it into curries and so forth when broke.

But anyone who wants my assistance – and that of my blacksmith, electrician, and builder partner who is capable of engineering windmills and natural pumps – has to be kind to children and animals, interested in community building, and understand that most of my skills were learned from women, so they better respect them. They have to understand that a robust community cares for its most vulnerable members.

And if I get put down for being female, they can put up with having no fucking clothing. Do people KNOW what goes into making clothing, traditionally?

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

I’m better at interpersonal skills like leadership and negotiating. Not sure how practical that would be in a post apocalyptic world. If I can’t use those skills, I can cook pretty well.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@sunnysombrera
Every group needs someone to help members get along.

numerobis
numerobis

I’ll do careful numerical simulations of how to maximize our solar panel performance.

Which is not very likely to be useful, but…

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Possibly a bit O/T but the folks here are a great source of esoteric knowledge. Why do shark cages have that gap at the top that’s big enough for a shark to get in?

(Asking for a friend; although I’m now wondering too)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@LindsayIrene

I’m not sure where to get the spinning shaft.

Gerbils. Lots of gerbils.

Or hamsters. MGTOW/RedPillers have them in abundance.

(Aside: Is there some special Unhappy-Looking People stock photo site that MGTOWs favor? The dude on the right looks super uncomfortable. Almost embarrassed.)

I can build a fire and rudimentary shelter and know quite a bit of woods lore thanks to my frivolous feeemale degree – plants, weather, soil, insects, geology, hydrology. I’ve also had some self-defense training and am decent with a bow and arrow (although I’ve never tried to shoot anything living), and can play guitar and woodwinds.

I suspect, though, that if our descent into the apocalypse is gradual rather than sudden, then practical skills like tool repair and making staples (soap, candles, charcoal, glass) will be more useful than emergency survival skills. In both cases, society isn’t going to have any use for people whose major skill is wandering around in a trench coat scavenging baked beans and barking at women to get on their knees.

I just can’t envision the process by which these guys, who can’t even master the basics of decency when everything is delivered to them on a silver platter by a functioning civilization, suddenly become warlords. Half the time they need scripts, graphs, and scientific formulas just to talk to women.

At lesst the rest of us are used to operating day-to-day within a system which isn’t designed for our benefit. These guys have no idea what real injustice, oppression, and deprivation look like. Do they really want to knock down the supports holding up their platform?

Mickey G

Hey, I liked The Postman. : (

The theatrical trailer didn’t do it any favors. A lot of people didn’t give the film a chance.

Luzbelitx

Hi everyone! I hardly have time to read you all lately, but I had to share this:

We made it to Jezebel! I’m so proud and excited about this growing movement.

Love to all.

Laugher at Bigots, Mincing Betaboy

Congratulations!

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Congrats Luzbelitx!

Amy
Amy

When society collapses, bigger, stronger men and women will push the incels down, kick dirt in their faces, take their weapons and start all over without them.

Spunmommy
Spunmommy

I’ve been steadily collecting my post-apocalyptic dream team for years. Within our ranks we have firearms experts, military strategists, diplomats, brewers, preservers, animal husbandry, etc. and we’re all a bunch of sexy motherfuckers so we’ll have little need for whiny 😫 beta males and their bitchy agendas.We’ll be too busy surviving.

BruceGee1962
BruceGee1962

From the pictures in the OP, I get the impression that for these guys, they assume that after the apocolypse, the simple fact of gun ownership will be all it will take for them to automatically assume their rightful alpha status. That actually explains a lot about the gun fetishizing in America — your collection might just be your last-chance ticket to reproductive success if being a decent human hasn’t worked out for you.

Of course, the thought that women after the apocalypse will be able to just shoot their sorry asses hasn’t occurred to them.