milo pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles trump

Sick David

Hey it’s a rhino for no reason

Ugh. I’ve been hit with a nasty flu, so I will be out of commission today and probably for several more as this thing runs its course.

Which is a pity not only because I feel like crap but also because there’s lots of stuff going on. It’s (Not My) Presidet’s day, and there are anti-Trump protests around the US (and in London too, but for different anti-Trump reasons).

Meanwhle, our old friend fiend MILO was scheduled to be one of the keynote speakers at CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) but, oops, conservatives discovered that their favorite hateful bigot has, on a number of occasions, explicitly defended pedophilia oh sorry “ephebophilia.” And now he’s been un-scheduled. See the latest here!

Anyway, I’m going to go lie down. Feel free to use this as an open thread of course.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Get well soon!

(and ideally before you have to go to Canada to pick up medicine)

Her Grace Phryne (brave, not strong)
Her Grace Phryne (brave, not strong)

I hope you feel better soon and that this doesn’t lay you low for too long!

ModMyst

You have to give in to these things (rhino viruses), so lie down/keep hydrated by all means 😉

Re: Milo’s dis-invitedness, he sounds like a Michel Foucault fan, what with his “beneficial relationship(s)” between little boys and men.

numerobis
numerobis

Rhinovirus has nothing to do with psychedelic rhinos, but forever more that’ll be my association with the common cold.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

I hope you will soon get better !

I don’t know if I should be alarmed otr relieved to see the decomposition of the leader of the conservatives in France. He is a nasty conservative that get his just desert with his fake job scandal, but I still keep fearing it make the job of the far right easier.

I am ashamed, but not surprised, to see that french governement still cover the ass of policemen, and even moreso that they condone the transparent lies made to cover them. You don’t rape someone with a cudgel accidentaly, and saying so is much, much worse than saying “we cover their asses because we believe they have served France well enough”. Which is, already, a shitty thing to do.

Faerie Bard
Faerie Bard

Hope you feel better soon, David. Take care of yourself!

One of my cousins, a proclaimed “Christian” is a fan of Yananananopeolis for some reason. I wonder what she would make of this news?

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Get well soon, David!

Dalillama, Shepherd of Demonic Crocodiles
Dalillama, Shepherd of Demonic Crocodiles

Ugh, hope you feel better soon.

Hippielady
Hippielady

Feel better David!

eli
eli

Rhino, Rhino, go away!
Don’t come back some other day!

I hope you feel better soon, David.

Jesalin
Jesalin

I hope you feel better soon!

But, but, freeze peach! *snort*

bluecat
bluecat

I hope you’re feeling better soon, David, and that in the meantime the cats are taking care of you.

Here’s something that may amuse:

joekster- (betas bearded)
joekster- (betas bearded)

Get well soon.

Lucrece
Lucrece

Ugh! You poor thing. Hope the kitty overlords are looking after you!

personalpest
personalpest

Take care of yourself, David! Hope you feel better soon.

Myoo
Myoo

Take it easy, David.

Karalora

Sounds like you have what hit me a few weeks ago. Take care and get better soon!

(I just had the mental image of David’s macrophages consulting a tiny cellular Indivisible Guide for strategies on defeating infection.)

dreemr
dreemr

I hope you feel better soon, David.

And please, add “getting flu shot” to your fall routine, if you’re able to take vaccines. It really is worth it.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Get well soon David : )

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Feel better soon!

On Milo, is CPAC going to really clutch their pearls and pretend to be shocked about this? A racist and misogynist who is a rape apologist and leads harassment campaigns said something offensive about sexual abuse? Oh my! Someone fetch the smelling salts!

comment image

Conan the Librarian
Conan the Librarian

Feel better soon!

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Get better soon, David.

What, Milo being hated by Christians because pedophilia ? There are no limits to their hypocrisy. But hey, I guess they’ve just been looking for a reason to drop him, and just never dared to admit the real reason is ’cause gay.

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

You know, I just hope this thing with Milo Yanpanapanoise doesn’t end up with the whole equivalenting gay/queerest with pedophilia.

Also I feel as though I’ve said this before somewhere, specifically to do with Milo or some other gay dude who did something similar? Did Milo say something similar before?

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Get well soon, David!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Sorry you have the lurgi, David. Hope you vanquish them soon.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

My cat loves it when I have a fever. SO WARM.

Feel better soon. Your cats are warm enough, no matter what they tell you.

Mea
Mea

Feel better soon, and don’t let the rhinovirus trample you too much.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

I hope you feel better soon, David.

LindsayIrene

Did Milo say something similar before?

But that was back when most of the people paying attention to him were Breitbart readers. Honestly, I think he’s deliberately playing into the worst gay stereotype. Looks like it’s going to bite him on the butt now that he has a wider audience.

dreemr
dreemr

I’m glad to hear that, David! Sorry for being naggy about it 🙂

I used to be lackadaisical about getting my flu shot, depending on how convenient it was. But anti-vaxxers changed all that and now I make sure my family gets theirs every year, just for spite.

grumpycatisagirl
grumpycatisagirl

Milo’s book deal got cancelled. GOOD.

Ledasmom
Ledasmom

I’m sorry you’re not well, David. Much sympathy. Currently at work we have up to three colds going around a total of eight people (one person caught a cold from his daughter; my cold may be from my son; the pair of cousins may have brought in their own family cold). Three people have not been sick yet. We are going through soap and hand sanitizer by the gallon.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Jack

You know it will. There’s no way these fucks would pass the opportunity, and there’s a special place in their little rotten hearts for former allies like him. They’ve been waiting for this.

Well, we’ve been waiting too, obviously. But of course Milo being Milo, even when he finally goes down like he deserves to, it has to be in a way that deals so much splash damage. I bet he’s happy about it too. Piece of shit.

BecomingAndi
BecomingAndi

Get well soon, David.

abars01
abars01

Jeebus! Just how many protests against this guy have there been thus far?! How many are there going to be before he’s gone?! Keep it up, folks – this volume and relentlessness of resistance is staggering! My confidence that [A]; we’ll be able to keep this up indefinitely, and [B]; that it’s actually going to yield results is increasing exponentially. This must surely be wearing him down on some level – if it wasn’t, he wouldn’t have retreated to that rally in Florida to get his ego restroked.

In other news, here’s an article from The Guardian that I think everyone should read: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/19/populist-correctness-new-pc-culture-trump-america-brexit-britain?CMP=fb_gu.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

I’m so sorry you’re sick, David! Get well soon!

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

So, will Scott Adams now sever ties with Milo?

Falconer
Falconer

Hope you feel better soon, David!

@LindsayIrene, why did someone shop Chris Evans into that gif?

varalys the dark

Get well soon David, and make sure you take plenty of time to let the thing run its course. I’m still wonky from a pulmonary embolism that hospitalised me two weeks ago, but having a week of full on relaxing convalescence really helped me get over the worst of the wobbliness fast. 🙂

Skiriki
Skiriki

Get well soon, David! Let the kitties rest next to you, and soothe you with warmth and purrs!

And now the latest, besides the canceled book deal (and while it was nice that you canceled, WHAT THE FUCK TOOK SO LONG, YOU WERE ALREADY TOLD THAT THE GUY IS VILE):
“Breitbart employees threaten exit over Yiannopoulos”

(PS. Of course Milo claims that it was deceptively edited. Of course.)

Nequam
Nequam

Ah, should’ve known the book cancellation was being discussed here.

Anyway, David– if you have someone who can cook something for you, I’ve got a recipe for hot and sour chicken noodle soup that does a wonderful job on a cold. If you (or anyone else) wants to see it I’ll post it here!

Neremanth, 329 year old Contributor to Society
Neremanth, 329 year old Contributor to Society

Take plenty of rest and get better soon!

Some Guy
Some Guy

Aw man, those things are the opposite of fun. Take as much time as you need, you’ll do more good in the long run if you let yourself recover first (although I’m sure you don’t need ME to tell you that!)

Get well soon!

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

Simon & Schuster cancels publication of Milo Yiannopoulos’ book amid outrage over video comments

comment image

This Milo shit is a mix bag that likely won’t actually pan out for the better, will it?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Get well soon, David!

Unrelated: Just in case anybody was still unsure that we really are living in an airport bookstore spy novel, Trump’s Russian-born Mafia handler is a fucking undercover CIA agent.

eli
eli

I don’t know why Simon & Schuster or any publisher agrees to these things. Milo was clearly a train headed for a crash. Haven’t they lost enough revenue on wingnut welfare? Why do they have to chase after the haters? Do they even buy books?

1 2 3 6