empathy deficit men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny

Men Going Their Own Way declare war on flowers, flower recipients

Bummer, dude

Today’s POST-VALENTINE’S DAY 50% OFF SALE ON BELATED VALENTINE’S DAY POSTS continues with a little peek into the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit, where the locals have declared war on flowers, men who give women flowers, and of course the women who have flowers given to them.

In the waning hours of Valentine’s Day, a MGTOW calling himself davisyoung posted a photo of a man buying flowers at a supermarket — traditionally the most romantic place to buy last-minute Valentine’s day flowers because you forgot it was Valentine’s day.

“Suckers!!!!!” davisyoung crowed. “And Happy Int’l MGTOW Day to everyone.”

International MGTOW Day is the alternate holiday that MGTOWs celebrate every Valentine’s day. Traditional International MGTOW Day activities include posting bitter misogynistic tirades on Reddit, posting bitter misogynistic tirades on places other than Reddit, and muttering bitter misogynistic tirades under one’s breath.

Naturally, the MGTOW subreddit regulars were happy to share their holiday spirit.

Someone called dot_dot_beep won dozens of upvotes for this lovely sentiment:

Women and consumerism are complementary parasites on the backs of the beasts of burden that are men. Look at those simps–psychologically broken there hoping some flowers will gain their master’s approval.

Andreas-mgtow agreed, declaring that these pathetic flower-buying men only “do it [so as] not to elicit the wrath of their live-in she monsters.”

Really? My live-in she-monsters prefer catnip, or even just a fresh can of cat food. (Note for extremely literal-minded readers: That’s because they are cats. That’s the joke. Not because I live with a group of women who demand I feed them Friskies.)

TheCommentMutilator offered a little field report:

This year was my first in 17 years of not going through these motions. Went to the grocery this evening to grab some things for dinner and it felt so good to not have to search for the obligatory Valentine’s Day gift.

No ring on my finger, no chocolates or flowers in the cart. Just me and my steaks and vegetables. The vacant, hollow eyes that gazed at my cart bolstered my pride in being a single man on this day.

The “vacant, hollow eyes that gazed at your cart?!” Where the hell are you shopping anyway?

I’ve never been a big fan of Valentine’s day myself, but jeez guys, get a fucking grip.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Thanks everyone. Feeling better now, though I’m trying my hardest to just stop giving a fuck. I’m still puzzled though. Like… she was the perfect example of an anti-GGer (and the perfect example of everything gators hate), what the fuck happened ?

@Troubelle

Ehh, it’s more of an attitude thing I guess ? Like, if someone is a fucking asshole (like Milo) and I hate their guts, the last thing I want is them acting “friendly” around me. That’s actually the stuff of my nightmares, quite literally it seems. Though I can probably think of a few reasons why I might feel especially strongly about this particular thing, so maybe it’s just me.

@Scildfreja

“Sargon is lefty” has to be one of those critical points where someone absolutely needs to reconsider everything they think they know about, well, pretty much everything.

I really need to get a decent soundbite of Jon Stewart’s “crystal duh” line. Does anyone have one handy ? I can’t even seem to find the video for that segment anymore 😐

I hope you manage to find a way to deal with this, whether by educating them (I think you’re probably the best suited person for the job) or running away as far as you can (and then anyone blaming you for that is an idiot). Whichever you think is best, you get all the hugs and support. I know it’s not easy, I’ve lost too many friends to far-right bullshit.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Thanks, everyone. I am sort of kicking myself right now to be honest. Yesterday I was all “You should eat in the morning because it can help anxiety reduction!” and today I’m all herp de derp i haven’t eaten anything in over 24 hours gosh nothin wrong with that. I don’t feel the sensations of hunger anymore, for some reason, apparently. So that’s a thing. Food deprivation sure didn’t help my conversation skills.

Thank you, @Jack, you are most certainly the handsomest of Jacks. You’re right, there are lots of tools for diffusing that and discrediting RM, TYT and Sargon. Problem is that he seems to have bought into this “mainstream media is a bunch of lying liars”, so I can’t use that line. I can certainly drop a metric shit-tonne of science on his head, though, because he considers himself a smartie-smart and a master of rationality.

That’s also part of the problem, though. If I disagree with him, he’s more likely to think I’m just misguided than to think he might be. I don’t want to pull scientist creds on him (I doubt it’d work) but I’m not sure if any other arguments will work at all.

It’s a tricky pickle! Speaking of pickles, though, I should eat this sandwich.

EDIT: John, I’d love to run, but he’s pretty deeply embedded into my only real social circle. If I run from him, I run from pretty much all human interaction. I’ve done that before, and I can’t really go down that hole again.

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

That was actually Thunderf00t. These whiners about women tend to run together, don’t they?

They run together into a big, muddy puddle in which nothing can be discerned from, yeah, although I guess I should make an effort to discern them…

I won’t though.

@Scildfreja

Mainstream media is a bunch of lying liar? I wonder where he would have heard that? Maybe from these talk shows in which they have an overt agenda to push? One that so overt even he notices and thus has to get his opinion from multiple sources?

And, like, where does he think these people like Sargon and shit get their news from? They get it from the mainstream media. None of the talk shows have their own reporters which go to press conferences and get things from the source. They all read and listen to these supposably lying liars to form their own opinions which they then relay to their listeners.

Just cut out the middleman, man. If you’re smart enough to see that there’s biases and lies in the talk shows you listen to, you’re smart enough to do the same to actual news, dude. Ffs.

Also, toast is a good go-to for something quick to eat, just pointing that out.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ jenora

Not that we don’t have chips as well,

Have you tried crisps/chips made from root vegetables other than potatoes? Over here you can get like beetroot, parsnip etc. They’re pretty scrummy; especially when you get to the bottom of the bag and it’s just salty crumbs. Mmm. Time to run to the shops I think.

@Scildfreja

No choice then.

Well, if I could educate someone (short-lived as it turned out to be) out of that kind of thinking, then you definitely can. I don’t have a tenth of the knowledge and smarts about those things that you display on here, not to mention the patience or the way with words. So, sure, the conditions were a bit different and certainly made it easier for me, but I’m sure you’ll manage.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Sinkable John

I mean, I’ve sort of sworn to myself that I’m not going to use any controlled psychoactive substance that isn’t cannabis (and even then I’m waiting until legalization….mostly because I don’t know where the hell I would get any from. Like, I hear about people just finding people pushing it on them or running into a dealer, but?? I honestly don’t know what I’ve been missing.) for recreational purposes, so I wouldn’t consider the offer of the opium derivative as a particularly positive interaction.

That said, it’s understandable that you wouldn’t want to be in the vicinity of someone you intensely dislike. If I saw Trump in a crowd….well, I’d briefly consider his idiocy if there’s no Secret Service agents about (which I can see him doing at this rate), and then give him a piece of my mind. But I wouldn’t be happy about him being there.

Rhuu
Rhuu

@Alan: I wanted to find a clip of Mary Berry saying the word ‘scrummy’, because that’s all I could think about, but instead here’s a blog post about her, and it uses the word scrummy.

WOW then I wanted an animated gif that said ‘good enough’ and apparently the only thing that pops up are gifs about being NOT good enough. ;__;

comment image

Close enough it is!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I’m becoming increasingly certain that rational or independent are just code words for a person or organization that prioritizes the interests of the privileged.

@Troubelle

Good luck ! When I was 16 and too young to be an addict, I made myself the same promise, and have managed to keep it so far, with rare exceptions over the years, but only with stuff that’s about as harmful as weed or even less. Well, there’s also alcohol and I’m generally pretty damn close to tumbling down into full-blown addiction, but smoke has pretty much killed the cravings ever since I managed to secure the deal I’m running on now (so since October), so it looks like I’m coming off that hook too. Talk about a cure-all.

As for finding the stuff, well… I’ve been there 😐

These days I got something stable going on with a friend, so it’s pretty comfortable, with reasonable prices and quality, but it’s not easy finding such an arrangement. It really all boils down to finding out who in your area sells the stuff, deciding which of the who’s to go see (based on things like price, quality, and does this guy look shady or what – seriously, be careful) and stick to them.

I rolled ya one, sending it as soon as they’re done inventing physical mass uploading/downloading technologies. Gonna take a while uploading, I ain’t got a lot of broadband available right now and it’s a pretty big one.

Lysistrata
Lysistrata

I delurk in empathy if somewhat belatedly.

@Scildfreja Unnýðnes, @Sinkable John: my heart aches with yours.

I made up some special medicinal fudge yesterday, and mentally sent you some, John.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Sure is. “Rational” seems to mean “I’m gonna believe what I like, and I’ll defend my belief to the death.” Can’t really think of many rationalist positions that aren’t attacks on minorities, women, compassion or progressive society at large.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Wait, isn’t “rational” short-hand for “rationalizing any and all positions that reinforce pre-existing privilege” ?

Mind. Blown.

@Lysistrata

Thanks ! Must’ve been something wrong at the mental post office though, ’cause I only just mentally received it now, heh.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Rationality’s close to my heart. It pains me to have any association with these self-adsorbed shit-gibbons. If your rationality ends up reinforcing your beliefs instead of destroying them, you’re doing it wrong.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It’s just funny and frustrating. Because most of society defaults to view the defense of the privileged as “rational” and the defense of the marginalized as “irrational/hysterical/radical” the standard of proof bar is set much lower for those who defend the status quo. That means that activists and people who spend a lot of time in social justicey spaces online learn pretty quickly to think critically, analyze things and make arguments that are actually rational. This means that rational or independent would be more apt descriptions of people like us. I mean, seriously. What is rational about whining that political correctness has gone mad? What is rational about the just world fallacy that has to be engaged in in order to buy into conservative bootstrapping theories? And so on.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

It’s yet another thing that really needs to be claimed back from said shit-gibbons, kinda like atheism – pretty sure it’s not a coincidence that the two are closely related.

Somebody’s gotta coin a rule about old white men owning intelligence. Actually, somebody probably already has.

ETA : I dunno, this might just be semantics, but I often find that the “radical” position is also the most rational one. But then “it’s all relative” really applies here.

dlouwe
dlouwe

“I am a rational and independent thinker.”

-No truly rational or independent thinker, ever

It’s pretty much the same as the “nice guy” principle. People who make a huge deal about rationality and logic and how good they are at thinking are far more likely to be complete shit at it. Or, at least, far less likely to be willing to examine their own biases.

Bina

Translation: I’m 17 years old and just bought my first steak at the grocery store all by myself! Everybody applaud!

So cute when these miggytoes think they can impress anyone with pitiful things like that.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ rhuu

Mary Berry

Ah, the great British bake-off, our state religion.

“Sorry, can’t come out tonight, bake-off.”

“Oh FFS, you were in the Anti-Nowhere League”

“But they’re doing a Victoria sponge!”

Ellesar
Ellesar

I was walking my dogs on Valentine’s Day and I was accosted by someone who had a rose in their hand. Complete stranger, and female, about 20yo. I am female 51!

I refused whatever she was going on about – I am sure she was perfectly sweet, but I hate VD and I didn’t want to carry around a dead flower.

I really wish MGTOW could comprehend that there are many women who are unsentimental and not materialistic. Quite a few of us aren’t even hetero. It is tedious to be lumped into one category, and always such an unflattering one!

Mikki
Mikki

Women: Works part time to help with bills, does most of the house work, sacrifices her body to have and feed children, spends the rest of her time taking care of said children.

MGTOWS: Stupid dumb cunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Men: Works full time job, occasionally helps with house work, is expected to buy his wife flowers one day out of the year.

MGTOW: Poor oppressed bastard!

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Sinkable John, re: purchase of psychoactive substances

Thanks for the advice, but my point was more like this: I hear news about people getting Certain Substances very, very easily. But I’ve never come across anyone peddling such substances.
It probably comes from me growing up in suburbia, not going outside very often, and not having much in the way of fleshy friends, but I seriously have no idea how people track this stuff down.

Am I just an outlier, y’all?

kupo
kupo

@Petal
Someone already answered the Sword Art question, but let me know if you want more details. I haven’t played it yet.

@Carrots
The purple ones I got the other day were yellow in the middle. My local Farmer’s Market has orange, yellow, green, purple, and white varieties available. Also, red, orange, yellow, gree, and purple bell peppers. I like getting a variety of colors. 🙂

dlouwe
dlouwe

@Troubelle

I’ve had a very similar experience – grew up pretty solidly middle-class, never had a ton of meatspace friends, and those I had were also relative shut-in types. Until fairly recently, before I built a pretty significant social life, I had effectively zero clue how to even go about locating Certain Substances. But like, basically, you gotta know a guy, or know someone who knows a guy, or know someone who frequents a place where they could find a guy, etc.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@dlouwe

Technically speaking I know a gal who knows a gal, but both are in Florida. I’m not.

Victoria
Victoria

I love Valentine’s day and pretty much all holidays whether I’m single or not. (although I’m very much in love right now with a wonderful person). man, I probably really annoy those angry types cause I’m both queer and super sentimental and mushy gushy. I love the roses, chocolates, stuffed animals and everything else.

we’re celebrating late tho. :3

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

I am seeing Quagsire and Gligar on my nearby! (I think?)

Gen II is finally heeeeeeere

@Troubelle

I guess having friends who smoke, helps. That’s pretty much all the people I know save for the immediate family and their friends o_O
So I guess I actually have a better chance than most people in that way.

High schools and colleges are packed with it, for example, though I dunno if it’s the same in America. That’s usually where most people smoke their first. Where I went, you generally just had to look hard enough to find smokers. I remember a history teacher tipping a friend and me off about a police “inspection” with dogs planned the next day. Remarkably, half the place loved that guy, and the other half hated him – including other teachers. Best teacher I ever had, and not even because of the tip.

Or maybe it’s like, certain cities, I dunno. I remember walking into Bordeaux for the first time of my life while looking for a little something to get some sleep, and finding it within 10 minutes. That nearly happened in San Francisco, too, but I’d just got there and had zero cash. On the friggin BART. And the gal was French. So go figure.

And one little dumb thing : appearance does lots. The reasoning is that certain “kinds” of people are more likely to be looking for something, or to have something to share/sell. That’s judged entirely on how you look. For example I have long hair and a not-exactly-tidily-shaved face, and I mostly wear hoodies, so people identify me as a “likely smoker” easily, apparently. Okay, I mean, they happen to be right, but the assumption is fun to watch. But then that mostly applies to cities.

It’s not an exact science I guess. It’s tied to places (basically, remote places have either none or lots of it), people (there’s no way to find a model about this one), the goddamned law, etc. Not sure “outliers” even exist – right now I’m basically in the same situation you are, but there’s definitely other factors that don’t depend on me and help. It’s not even always been easy for me either, by the way, this is actually pretty recent.

Then again I’m trying to think about it while already almost “ready to sleep”, so there, rational thinking. It’s the shit I say while high, which is still better than the shit some people say while stupid.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@Sinkable John

I’d always heard rumors that other local high schools (which weren’t funded as well) had people smoking pot under the outdoor bleachers and in the bathrooms. I cannot testify, as I didn’t go to those places very often…and I don’t know the smell.

I concur.

numerobis
numerobis

Scildfreja:

Are you my secret twin sister? Or my sister’s secret twin?

I eat because the clock says it would be a dumb idea for me to continue not eating. Once I’ve started eating, hunger signals work fine.

Occasionally when I’m not eating I notice this vague feeling like hunger, but it’s pretty faint. Sometimes I don’t notice the feeling and I don’t watch the clock, and then *I’m* pretty faint.

And hangry.

Nobody likes me when I’m hangry.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

I dunno that the funding has much to do with it, to be fair. I don’t think I’ve heard of a single high school here that doesn’t have a lot of stuff going around, but then again there might be something fundamentally different about American schools that I dunno.

By the way, it’s a “you know it when you first smell it” kinda smell. You can’t miss it. I mean I’m used to it (and my sense of smell has dulled because cigarettes) but it still comes off as a strong smell to me. I know jack about describing smells though so I can’t tell you much more.

Also, what dlouwe said is true. It also tends to work better long term than going out directly into the wild to try and find something by asking around. Which I’m finding more and more difficult to do.

numerobis
numerobis

Troubelle: in Montreal, at the base of the mountain (at the big statue), there’s people asking if you’re “looking for something… quelque chose”. In many touristy places around the world you can find a tout. But their stuff is normally reputed to be overpriced crap — just like all the legal overpriced crap in tourist traps the world over.

For a regular supply, you need to get a reputation for being an open and trustworthy person. Then suddenly you discover that a bunch of very normal-looking suburban types have easy access. It’s all by word of mouth.

My understanding is that the science suggests that consuming cannabinoids before your early 20s might actually be a moderately bad idea, for brain development reasons. Otherwise it’s pretty safe — generally way safer than alcohol. I don’t know about the safety of other drugs. Anything strongly addictive, like nicotine, please stay away!

@numerobis

Anything strongly addictive, like nicotine, please stay away!

I’ve been using weed to get myself off tobacco (with… moderate success). Sadly I still have to roll with tobacco so it kinda defeats the point of smoking less cigs. Might get me one of them fancy vapor thingies, should I happen across some monies.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@numerobis, hee! That’s totally me, too. Sometimes I’ll stop and think “Huh… I haven’t eaten more than an apple in a day and a half… maybe I shouldn’t have this coffee right now…” I only feel hungry after I’ve eaten a bit.

It’s them stress hormones shutting down hunger signals, is what it is. My body’s so acclimatized to high stress that I just don’t feel hungry. That’s just my normal.

Numerobis, other Albertans, I wanted to ask your opinion on these guys: –> http://www.progressalberta.ca/ <– Have you seen before? Heard anything of them? They look good, and given the recent events I really am starting to feel the urge to get to work on this here, now, instead of waiting a few years for the next election.

Federally as well, which led me here: –> http://www.canadianprogressiveworld.com/ <– Do you know anything about these?

CleverForAGirl
CleverForAGirl

Do the kids today still ask about a William Holden?

Other than that it’s always abut knowing a guy who knows a guy. I don’t think I’ve ever met a random pot dealer, even in some of the sketchier places I’ve visited.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Anybody who can get any is lucky. My dealer was arrested six months ago and they were the only person in town*. =_= I’m dry until they’re out, ugh. Why yes, that is why I’ve been even more acidically cynical than usual lately. =P

*Going to another town isn’t an option when I live in the Aussie outback and can’t drive (legally blind).

Bad joke time: Would us vs the alt right be the 420s vs the 4/20s?

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Something I used to do was sit in some park with a substantial amount of beer and a friendly smile. On a friday or saturday that usually resulted in a larger group forming (with a lot of people also bringing sizable quantities of drinks) and eventually somebody would arrive who’d know something. The drinks help me because I’m not exactly extrovert in the first place so it gives people another reason to have a sit and a chat, but otherwise they aren’t necessary.

@SFHC

the 420s vs the 4/20s

Ew ew ew. I smoke on that day to forget about the guy who was born on that day.

numerobis
numerobis

Scildfreja: I haven’t been an albertan since I dropped out of kindergarten. However, those websites look nice.

The only org I know is leadnow.ca through a personal contact. But even then, I’m not very close to any organized anything. I was looking to change that this year, but now I’m moving, so…

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

Working on the transcript. It’s taking me a bit longer to scrub the identities of people than I thought but hope to finish before bed (It’s a 29 page word document). Also I’m making versions with and without image macros that I’m sure are legitimately triggering. I’m still pecking at this guy and at the moment I left him a “come at me bro”.

This is an example of dissecting my own performance later. I’ve been saving my own arguments to look at later for years.

Re: pot. I was lucky to be able to hide a small hydroponic set-up for four crops. For the first time in my life my wife and I have a dealer so I have no done one for a bit. I self taught the grow, but would understand if David might have objections. If nothing else I can point people to websites and offer forum search terms.

@Scildfreja
You may enjoy reading Martin Hughes of Barrierbreaker. Do a search on Sargon of Akkad. I think you will enjoy. I occasionally haunt the comments there as well but not as often as here.

I agree about the whole “rational” thing. They tend to just say it as if it was a self evident fact instead of a claim. It’s usually a claim that you have to pry out of them (there is a lot of this with the FB bigot too but I cut the rational claim off early so they are using more words that say the same thing).

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@numerobis

Solid advice. And I’m aware of the potential fallout from starting young, as well as the fallout of addiction.

@Sinkable John, re: cannabis and cigarettes

Gah, my girlfriend has the same problem last I checked. I’ve encouraged her to make an effort to quit the nicotine, if not the pot, but there’s not much I can do long-distance.

eli
eli

Yeah, it’s easier when you’re younger. People never wanted to do it alone and knew that I would. So I’d have it occasionally.

I had a bad car accident in the early 90s and had a friend who married a guy who dealt and for a while “I” was the one who knew someone. It helped a lot with the chronic pain. I still have some pain, but it’s less and I’m used to it.

The last connection I had I got was also my friend who knew people, but she approached me because I smoked cigarettes and asked me if I smoked anything else and did I want to hang. We were friends until recently when she became a FoodBabe fanatic which is really almost just as bad as having a friend fall in love with the right. But we haven’t lived in the same state for years.

I could have had a connection in my former neighbor, but my mom has a personalized license plate which is based on her maiden name, but made them think she was a lawyer and I was a narc. But I was too broke to buy any, still am. Brokeness made me quit smoking too, although I do have a not-to-fancy vape setup. It’s nice sometimes and it did get me off the deathsticks.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

Dammit.

I’ve underestimated how long this will take. I have not done one of these in too long and I’m still replacing all the names with respondent numbers. I’m going to be longer but I will try to make it worth it. Sorry.

It’s more fun than it has been in a while. I think I’m going to “run this one to ground” meaning I’m going to go until they get tired and leave. I may reply to every one their comments just to make a point. This one is worth it. They are obsessed with butt sex and minutiae that amounts to spraying disgust around.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Yeah, I don’t think I could be friends with a Foodbabe follower.

eli
eli

@wwth

I thought of you and other veg interested mammothers when this landed in my inbox today.

I don’t know if this qualifies as easy in your book, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to give this one a go in the near future.

But for wwth, she has a whole section of quick recipes and she’s vegetarian, not vegan. I really like her pictures.

disclaimer: I have only made a few recipes from this site. One that was phenomenal, but now, sadly, out of season:

Bookmark it for next fall if you like spicy stuff!

lith
lith

Re: Cannabis

I’ve never been approached but recently went to Lisbon (Portugal) and out of the group was the one approached every time. A couple of times a day for a week.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Well a great thing with pot is that it tends to kill most kinds of cravings (‘cept for food and water, it sorta amplifies those) although I’m not sure it does that to all people. If I smoke a joint, I won’t want a cigarette for the next several hours – with a bigger budget, I might one day be able to plan some kinda schedule across the day to get to zero cigs. I’ve been a regular smoker for more than half of my life though so it runs pretty deep now, but for some reason I’m still able to seriously limit my intake on some days. I should’ve quit years ago but it never felt like it was “the right time”, because mental/emotional health issues that I don’t really want to add anything on top of. Incidentally, now is definitely not the right time.

So I just got up and heard that His Orangeness had a full meltdown and threatened to nuke something ? I can’t believe that a guy like that feels superior because he’s a teetotaler while some of us have to get drunk and/or high off our faces to deal with the anxiety that he inspires.

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

Re: cannabis; I’ve always been kind of a goody-two-shoes type (outwardly, anyway) with no one in my life who’d admit to having access. That is, until Husbeast met his first official girlfriend after we went poly.

I have her to thank for changing Husbeast’s attitude toward cannabis, which was “Never! It’s illegal!!” till he met her. She has issues with arthritis and it basically allows her to function. Until they had to move, she gleefully kept me supplied with some of the dankest cannabutter in the land and got me baked like a middle-aged gingerbread woman whenever we all got together. She also took me to her 4:20 doc to get my first rec.

So, it pretty much dropped into my lap unexpectedly. I fervently wish the same for everyone everywhere!

If you’re in the U.S. and want to help change the cannabis laws, check out norml.org which has chapters in most states.

I know we all have a lot on our plates right now, but if this is important to you, you should know that norml was key in getting cannabis legalized here in Cali.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

A mate of mine is particularly adept at cannabis based cooking (“It’s just another ingredient”) so here a link to her recipe for hash fudge (bottom of article).

FrickleFrackle
FrickleFrackle

Is it bad that I’m honestly horrified of any sort of drugs, legal or illegal, harmful or not? And that I honestly feel like I should not be around anyone that uses illegal drugs in any capacity? I think the War on Drugs got to me a little too much, I hate the very idea of being high. Like, I was given laughing gas to get some teeth removed and I felt bad about needing it, I honestly kind of wanted to be awake because at least I wouldn’t be high. As soon as I regained consciousness, I tried to will myself into not being high and it mostly worked, outside of feeling numb.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Frickle
If it’s bad, we’re bad together. I don’t like being around people under the influence of things. It’s intimidating and I get all tense. I’m pretty much ‘straight edge’ save for the rare glass of something on holidays

I think the War on Drugs got to me a little too much

Ayup! Just Say No and C.A.R.E. really dig their claws in, don’t they (assuming you’re Murican and were subject to that bullshit)? Yeah, weed can be dangerous, but so is sugar, and I just finished scooping that shit into my mouth

I hate the very idea of being high

Agreed. No thanks, Chris (I knew a guy in high school too)

dlouwe
dlouwe

@Sinkable John

Vaporizers are pretty fantastic. There’s some really good models on the lower-medium end of the price range (I got a pen for ~$120CDN and a table-top for ~$160CDN). I primarily like them because they are so much easier on my lungs, but an additional benefit is they make it a lot easier to regulate your supply and dosage, since the herb isn’t continually burning and going to waste.

If you’re ever able to spring for one, it might help you get to that “zero cig” day.