aggrieved entitlement antifeminism empathy deficit entitled babies evil working women irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA reddit women's jobs aren't real

Men’s Rights Activists respond thoughtfully to the upcoming “World Without A Woman” strike

Women: On strike or just lazy, amirite fellas high five

So the people who brought us the Women’s March on Washington have another big idea: A general strike of all American women. So far the idea looks to be just that, an idea; they haven’t even picked a date yet.

But if they pull it off, this act of collective resistance could have huge consequences. Ask the people of Iceland, or at least the older ones: That county had its own day-long women’s strike in 1975 which basically rocked the country to its core as a generation of men learned that women play an essential role in the economy, a fact that many of the world’s misogynists still refuse to believe.

Speaking of which, you may wonder what the misogynists of today think of the idea of a Woman’s Strike.

I took a peek into the Men’s Rights subreddit and found that the fellows there are mostly supportive of the idea, though for reasons far different than the strike’s organizers: MRAs, many of whom seem to think that women don’t do anything but gobble bon-bons while watching The View, are fairly confident that no one would even notice if each and every women vanished from the workplace and/or stopped doing unpaid work at home.

In the Men’s Right subreddit, our old friend ImnotMRAbut posted about the proposed ban under a headline written in the form of a question:

A Day Without A Women? One Has To Ask, Why Do These Misandric Idiots Think Men Won’t Cope Or Enjoy The Peace And Quiet?

Someone called liquid_j asked “is there room for negotiation? Can we call it like a week? Maybe two?”

Another old friend, ThePigmanAgain, offered a similar take, suggesting that

They should make it a whole year, in my view. Let’s face it, apart from the nurses, we really don’t need women for anything.

Meanwhile, factspissyouoff found himself feeling pretty pissed off at all those women who think their lives amount to anything:

These bitches are so ignorant and delusional it’s beyond retarded, beyond the pale. I look around me and I don’t see one thing or situation created solely by a woman that improves my life one iota.

The land, the infrastructure, the landscaping, the roof, the walls, the wires, the pipes, the power, the water, the internet, etc, ad nauseum…all built and created by men with the exceptions to that rule so fucking rare it’s dishonest to even bring it up.

My clothes were probably manufactured by women who make up 65% of the garment industry workforce, but shit, doesn’t that just also serve to prove my fucking point?

A few commenters acknowledged that women do some minimally useful work outside of the nursing profession. Like cleaning. Notacrackheadofficer predicted that

Hotels are going to be filthy, and no one will complain at the front desk more than women about it.

Maybe rich women from wealthy backgrounds can go out and see what having a job is like for a day, and the hotel maids can have a day off.

ThePigmanAgain returned to lament “all the sandwiches that will go un-made when women go on strike!”

Someone called Butt_Puncher420 worried about the effects of the strike on our nation’s penises. “I don’t know about you,” he wrote, “but my dick doesn’t suck it’s self.”

I imagine that no human being does either.

Croosters
Croosters

@MGTOWRevolutionary

> Go ahead and strike, extend it for 1 year or more for all I care. In fact go do just that, tell your gynocentric collective to extend the strike. But you are all fucking cowards by biological nature and won’t obviously, those few medical or nursing positions would be filled in and done 100x better by the gentlemen of soft nature in our society the women here in the west along with their “Alpha male” macho bullies/jerks hate and despise so much. We don’t need you and never will for our civilization to function, so fuck off.

You’re an absolute fucking moron if you think that that’s the only positions women hold. I’m a Metis (descendant of French settlers and Prairie Natives) and most of our political positions are held by women. Do you think if they went on strike our little government could continue? No, of course not.

One thing I’ve noticed about MGTOWs is that they tend to be either privileged white men who never get out of the house or black men with Uncle Tom complexes the size of the moon. Neither are particularly useful nor particularly intelligent. Nikola Tesla, your ideological guru, would probably spit on your movement for it’s disrespect of women (given he had several sisters and was raised by a woman).

> You are going to find that one day these same men you have persecuted for so long, and treated like shit will all come to our side. Men are more logical by nature, everything was made by us.

Not having your dick sucked and having to occasionally give up a position in the name of affirmative action is not persecution. You know what is persecution? My female Native relatives being pimped out by the tens of thousands to feed their families. My ancestors being stuffed into residential schools and punished if they dared speak their Native tongue or practice their ancient customs. That’s persecution.

> The MGTOW Revolution is on the horizon. You watch what happens when someday all men will unite, strike and refuse to keep being exploited for their money by their wives. Donald Trump has been elected. We are the resistance!

Most of MGTOW “arguments” surrounding the divorce court forget to mention that most men don’t want custody of their kids. They also seem to forget that most places in the Western world (except for the US) tend to be quite egalitarian in this regard.

> I’m sorry but I cannot call you one of us anymore Debbie. You are a cuck to the highest degree. You are beyond pathetic from deserving to be called a man. After your response last time I’ve lost all respect for you. Just like with all the others someday you will find that whatever partner or wife it is you have cheats on you for an alpha male caveman, and tricks you into raising his kids for her then someday files a divorce in court to take all your money. It always happens to everybody, and the day your turn comes maybe you will learn to be a man again.

As opposed to you, who can’t attract a mate at all.

Have you maybe though of, you know, becoming an alpha male? TRP at least tries to improve themselves (albeit for the wrong reasons). MGTOW just bitches and moans and is basically a cult.

Kat
Kat

@MGTOWRevolutionary

Men are more logical by nature, everything was made by us.

I just made myself a lovely avocado sandwich on sprouted whole wheat.

So the first part of your (runon) sentence is illogical.

Just a small sample of other things I’ve made:

Half of a book
Two skirts
Sense
Someone’s day

All that said, please don’t interpret anything I’ve said as encouraging you not to go your own way. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Have fun!

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

@MGTOWRevolutionary
That was quite possibly the most pathetic, desperate, substance-less, fuck-off I’ve ever seen. I’m something of an aggressive man and I see nothing in your assertions to worry about. It’s just typical of what I’ve seen out of a group of men with poor character.

You appeal to men having superior logic and leave out the logic that supports your claims. Is that performance anxiety or impotence? You are all feeling and no object that feelings operate on. Coward. You can change that.

I doubt you’ve personally made anything of value. I often see people with little to be proud of grab onto race or sex while acting like sports fans in order to vicariously feel accomplished. As a man it frankly feels like you are trying to exploit the rest of us for personal gain. You can change that too.

And finally at the end you list a bunch of things that are supposed to be scary, but aren’t given the personal characteristics of the one saying them. I hope you fix your personal problems. You appear to be a poor person and political ally.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

Sigh.

No misandrist like a misogynist.

Croosters
Croosters

Sometimes I wonder if MGTOW are just a very dark and prescient psychological analysis into what happens when you socially isolate sexually frustrated entitled straight cishet males with intellectual superiority complexes and make them meet each other.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I like how Atom Ant went from negging us about how our silly little feminism movement was good for him because it made women easy to pick up at bars and clubs to going his own way because he never even leaves the house or interacts with anyone except to buy groceries.

Even setting aside the ridiculous notion that telecommuting is complete self sufficiency as though you don’t need a whole economic infrastructure to make that possible, he’s clearly lying about his life story.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

The 329 year old engineer barely needs addressing. I just wanted to point out that Trump is one of those alpha male assholes MGTOW claim to resent so much. I guess misogyny is all you need in common to respect someone.

Also, Trump is pretty clearly the establishment. You can’t claim to be the resistance when you’re fighting for the empire.

Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight
Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight

Hey, we have a real badass over here! I heard MGTOWRevolutionary is a Navy SEAL and trained in gorilla warfare.

Poglodyte
Poglodyte

@MGTOWRevolutionary

Who the hell is Debbie?

And why haven’t you gone your own way already?

Rhuu
Rhuu

@WWTH: Ohhhhhhhhhh, Atom Ant is THAT person! Right, I had forgotten just who was the 329 year old engineer. Gotta say, as someone who has needed to co-ordinate with people working off site (and also being of the lady persuasion) they would have been SOL if I hadn’t uploaded their files to the FTP.

@Kat: I ugly snorted with laughter at this part

Sense
Someone’s day

Just as an fyi.

Just reporting in to say I have not left the house today (am now having a serious debate with myself about putting on clothes to go out and find food, or just ordering online; the latter is winning). And yet I’m still well aware that women hold up (more than) half the sky.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Rhuu,

MGTOW Revolutionary is the undead engineer. I don’t believe Atom is one of his socks. Although you never know!

Moggie
Moggie

Poglodyte, Debbie works for Katie.

LindsayIrene

@ MGTOWRevolutionary

Instead of waiting for us ladies to strike, how about you go on a ladystrike? Like, if all the people behind the counter at McDonald’s are women, leave. If all the local hair stylists are women, get a Flowbee. If the doc in the ER is female, crawl back home untreated. Also, don’t ever talk to any women anywhere. Including the internet.

Atom is the guy who said he gets laid regularly, but is a MGTOW because he thinks he should get laid even more without putting any actual effort into it. As far as I can tell, he wants getting sex to be easier than ordering a pizza.

MGTOWRevolutionary
MGTOWRevolutionary

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Exactly what’s so revolutionary about being Man Going Straight To The Nearest Feminist Blog #98271236532?

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

@MGTOWRevolutionary

Satire is dead. The election of the Orangutan-in-chief made this clear. This fact used to make me sad. But then i encounter individuals like you and it brightens my day. Don’t stop believing. One day you shall all transcend your mortal shells and perhaps on that day you shall finally go your own way. But probably not.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

ladystrike

Anyone else think “Operation: Ladystrike” would be a great title for an all female straight-to-DVD action movie? Nope, just me? Cool, won’t have to share the royalties then.

(Does anyone have Rhonda Rousey’s email address?)

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

Also, @Devolutionary, don’t try to compare the MenStewingInTheirOwnHatred bowel movement to herbivore men. They are very much different. For one, they actually went their own way.

Here’s more info:

Keated
Keated

‘Trump is elected. We are the resistance’

So… You’re actively resisting the tango menace?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

We men are equal to gods

And they say the Hindus have a lotta deities…

We are the Zeta male, and have transcended our biology

So, like… are we talking a ‘Lucy’ style, 100% of the brain thing? Or are you a being of pure energy existing on the interwebs? Or do you just mean celibacy? Cos that last one isn’t nearly as cool

unlike pussy cravers such as yourself

There’s a joke about a pregnant lesbian couple in there, but I’m too classy to make it

This is why we use commas
Also, there are commenters here who call themselves ‘pansy ass’ and ‘mincing betaboy’. We don’t need you to look after us. We’re fine here, thanks

its a more appropriate name I have decided for the mangina who owns this blog

Claims to look after non alpha men. Calls non alpha man a mangina and a girl’s name

Seriously tho, Your Own Way is waiting for you. You have my permission to go. Toodles

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ MGTOWRevolutionary

I’m a little confused as to how beings with god-like powers need protecting from women; what with women being so useless and all?

Perhaps you’d be kind enough to explain it to me, in a few bullet points?

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

But women aren’t very relevant to my life, overall

The conversation has well moved on, but I can’t get over how odd a statement this is. It would never occur to me to assign a relevancy value to other human beings. Like, it’s really not important if other people are relevant to me. They are, presumably, relevant to themselves?

I’m not at all into sports, so I definitely might say something like “sports are not very relevant to my life.” But I would never say “professional athletes are not very relevant to my life,” because that’s not a way I measure human beings.

Croosters
Croosters

> Crooster yet again proving my point of the gynocentrism. We men are equal to gods and cannot ever be defeated by women on equal level. Make all women go on strike for a year and my point would be proven. We are the Zeta male, and have transcended our biology unlike pussy cravers such as yourself. Japan has already been taken by the mgtow revolution:

I’m bisexual. I’m also a genderqueer. Interesting how MGTOW is so heteronormative.

Herbivore men aren’t MGTOW’s. They avoid marriage but not because they despise women. They despise the heavily regimented, quasi-militaristic job market.

> We look after the men who don’t conform to “alpha male” chad gynocentric expectations whom you still spit on, and will continue to bring them over to MGTOW against you.

You’d be great friends with feminism if you didn’t think it was a movement that hates men. Feminism also hates irrealistic expectations of masculinity.

> Poglodyte, its a more appropriate name I have decided for the mangina who owns this blog.

David Futrelle has done more to help men than all of you combined. He’s devoted a significant portion of his time, money and effort to show how misogynistic, toxic and dangerous movements like yours are, helping men avoid them while directing them towards more productive purposes.

The only thing you really do is take vulnerable men and fill their heads with hatred. Every MGTOW video I’ve ever seen makes some of the most heinous assumptions about women. There’s a reason people don’t like you. It’s not because of “gynocentrism”.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Alan:

Even in countries with high divorce rates, most marriages don’t end in divorce.

But suppose people lived into their 300s!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Come on, Miggs. You’re trying too hard now.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

First one! Atomic Ant! You say that mans will be more than happy to fill the jobs left by women? You too, huh, MGTOWDevolutionary?

Eat science, evildoer!

‘Problem for an entire gender’: Boys, men not adapting to changing job market

Opportunities in female-dominated industries like elder care on the rise, but men staying away

Know why men aren’t lining up to do these “feminine” jobs? ‘Cause they’re afraid of the status loss associated with it! (e.g. afraid of being called manginas!) Thanks for contributing to shitting on men who need help, @MGTOWR! Well done, drawing men to your cause!

Stay tuned for more episodes of Things MGTOWs Get Wrong!

kupo
kupo

…Now I kinda want a shirt with Fluttershy that says, “Eat science, evildoer!” Even if it’s an inside joke that no one else will get.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

@MGTOWRevolutionary
Still no logic to back up your shit up I see. Nor reason. Weak. Pathetic. There is no strength to you. No reason at all to take you seriously.

You can’t let yourself go your own way because you need your petty dominance displays. You still need female people. You need to try to make a whole group pay for whatever individuals did to upset you.

Your weakness and dependence is sad. Your bigotry disgusting. Your inability to articulate what actually bothers you drives you to a group because you have nothing else when winning is prized over being correct about reality. You defeat yourself.

OK, I lied–I’ve put up one more post on economic history, addressing this very issue:

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Now I’m’a just slice out the funny bits and sass the fuck outta’em.

Men are more logical by nature,

Oh really? Care to give me a citation on that, Mr. Logic? I’d like to see the ANOVA on those studies.

(note: you can’t, cause they don’t exist. Every single “men are more logical” study that’s been done admits that its conclusions are biased and more work needs to be done.

Saying “men are more logical ’cause science!” does nothing but reveal that you’ve never read real science, and get all your knowledge from nonsense blogs and crap pop sci magazines)

everything was made by us.

Taking credit for other peoples’ work, huh? You’re as bad as Trump. What’ve you done?

Hee! He’s like a shitty, shitty Marxist. Throw off your chains, fellow mans! Overthrow the feeemale and let us form a grand collective of testosterone and super-reason and tactical-grip lip balm!

Donald Trump has been elected. We are the resistance!

Only in the mind of a MGTOW does “the president is an autocratic sexist asshole” equal “we asshole sexist autocrats are the resistance!” Honey, you don’t know what resistance means.

They keep on saying that this happens all the time. I have literally never seen this happen in my circle of family or friends, ever. I have seen a fairly alphabroman cousin-in-law cheat on his wife, my cousin, while also trying to have a baby.

Note how I don’t extend this to saying that all men are cheating pigs, MGTOWman! Because I’m not a shitty solipsist incapable of realizing that my perspective is subjective and biased.

You should try it sometime!

Buy my testosterone cream and drink lots of juice, and you can be a manly man again! And women will swarm all over you! ᵒʰ ᵍᵒᵈ ʷʰʸ ᵈᵒᶰ’ᵗ ᵗʰᵉʸ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵐʸ ʲᵘᶦᶜᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵗᵉˢᵗᵒˢᵗᵉʳᵒᶰᵉ ᶜʳᵉᵃᵐ

We men are equal to gods and cannot ever be defeated by women on equal level.

Oh really

Go fight this lady, then, ya little weasel:

She’s a World Champion Swordswoman. Champion of the 2013 Invitational.

Turns out that when you strip away the sexist assumptions of our culture in favour of a more egalitarian model (Such as that in the SCA) we end up about equal!

Ohmigosh, a man claiming to have transcended the limitations of biology to become purely objective? What a novel concept! Haven’t ever experienced a man suggesting that before, no sirree!

I will reiterate what Iv’e said elsewhere – anytime someone claims to have “transcended their biological limitations”, you can be damn sure that they’ve just surrendered to them and can’t tell the difference.

(And yes, I know you’re talking about transcending the desire for sex. You’ve just sublimated that desire into hate. That’s extremely biological, and you’ve decided to just give in to it.)

“You spit on anyone who doesn’t conform to the stereotype I think you’re applying! Join me men, or I’ll spit on you for not conforming to my stereotype!”

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Mgtow
So since you’re scared of women despite saying men like me are gods, does that mean women are god slayers?

dreemr
dreemr

MGTOWR likening himself and his movement to gods among us is the biggest laugh I’ve had all day!

This thread has been surprisingly entertaining.

In other news, many women I’ve spoken with are choosing to perform a full economic boycott the week/day of the strike. Many teachers and health care workers are too ethical to strike (I don’t find that suprising). I think the general consensus has been, strike if you can, represent for those who cannot, and boycott at the least (no purchases for that day or that week).

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

I found a picture of a scientist Fluttershy and used memegenerator to make this:

comment image

I doubt she would work for Aperture. Or maybe she would, then take over Aperture and make it better.

The original is here:

dlouwe
dlouwe

It’s funny how narrow MGTOW viewpoints are. Like, I currently live with my partner of more than 2 years and her boyfriend. How does that filter through your lens? Neither of us are “alpha male cavemen.” And the only way she could conceivably “cheat” on me is by having sex with someone and hiding it from me, which she has absolutely no reason to do, because I encourage her to do things that make her happy, and my sex drive is way lower than hers.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@dlouwe, congratulations on transcending your biology unlike pussy cravers such as ourselves!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Which is the one who eats seagulls (or fondly imagines he could)? They all kind of look alike – swamp-coloured.

What have I made today, let’s see …
a modicum of sense (combined with a soupçon of creativity)
a living

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

it’s true that sad individuals like yourself, who do not notice the contributions that other people make to their lives, would not be much affected by a one day women’s strike, if that one day was a typical day for them, in which nothing unexpected happened.

That’s why I think a state by state ban would drive the point home. “Oh, man, did you hear all this shit that happened in Arizona when the women went on strike? And they’re gonna strike in Oklahoma tomorrow!” Just one day, one state, for fifty days.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Jack, that’s awesome. “Oh shit, Arizona’s on fire, guys, and they say it’s our turn next! Quick, guys, everyone buy flowers’n’shit for the ladies! Bitches like flowers, right? That’ll stop them from striking, right?”

One year later, Furiosa stalks the post-apocalyptic wasteland of MGTOWistan, hell-bent on making the MGTOW raiders pay for their savage attacks on the peaceful metropolis of Futureberg…

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I always find it amusing when misogynists forget the usual narrative that feminists are fat, ugly or gay and can’t get a man and that’s why we’re feminists when it’s convenient. When they want to wank about alpha Chads, suddenly we’re all the pretty, popular cheerleaders who ignored them in high school and went out with the jocks instead. We’re feminists because it reinforces our Regina George-like desire to spit on men who belong to less fortunate Greek letter classifications.

If Miggs comes back, I hope he provides a detailed taxonomy of these classes so that I can know for sure which letter males I like and which ones I cruelly spit on.

Croosters
Croosters

@Scildfreja

Have you ever noticed that the men most intent in lecturing on how women are physically inferior are almost always men who aren’t themselves physically fit?

All of the fitness dudes I’ve met, though they believe there’s a certain plateau women can’t go past, will realize there’s much overlap in the strength curves and don’t prevent women from joining.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

I have a question, what would be a sensitive way to contact the person this article is about? The subject would be mining copies of abusive communications for patterns useful in combating social abuse of women.

Emily Temple-Wood is a legitimate cultural warrior. A 12 year old changed Wikipedia to fight misogynistic trolling. It’s an MRA nightmare scenerio. I like this person very much.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Croosters, they’ll grasp at any straw that makes them think they’re superior. A cornerstone of toxic masculinity is the inability to admit any weakness or inferiority. Nevermind that they, personally, aren’t accomplished – they can leech off the accomplishments of others!

Fitness specifically is a bit of a loaded question, to my understanding. Apparently how we measure strength is very biased towards male physique. If we measure strength by a more general whole-body approach, men and women are equally strong.

The core of that is that men have more upper body strength due to having a larger upper body (shoulders, chest), whereas women have more lower body strength due to having a larger lower body (hips, thighs). Convenient how the dudes who set up strength measurement metrics decided to emphasize upper body strength, huh?

Science is full of holes. Any scientist will gladly admit this. Any non-scientist-pseudorationalist (like most MRAs) will deny this until they’re blue in the face.

kupo
kupo

If she’s on LinkedIn, maybe try that? I had someone randomly contact me with questions about my work on there and it didn’t creep me our like it would if they tracked down my email or something like that.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

If she’s on twitter, as well, that’s a good way to get someone’s attention and ask them something like that.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

Thanks. I had something a little different in mind and I think that did not come through in my comment, I was trying to be careful with wording. The subject matter is a little intimidating from a social sensitivity standpoint and my “alarms” are a little loud with this one. The only other time they have been that loud had do to with a question for a Lakota professor about one of his cultures holy people.

I guess an example of something I’m concerned about would be sounding too clinical or other ways of seeming creepy. I’ve decided to suspend ways of asking questions before.

Croosters
Croosters

@weirwoodtreehugger

Zara Larsson, noted feminist pop sensation, talked about how misogynists often hold two assumptions of women being super-promiscuous hotties or fat ugly shrews at the same time and can’t pick which one is true.