Uncategorized

Impoverished Filipina prostitutes have it easy, MGTOW explains

Couldn’t have said it better myself

So today’s object lesson in obliviousness comes, as it so often does, from the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit.

The regulars there are discussing the important topic “Women are worse than a backyard full of cackling hens,” and one of the fellas pipes up with this, er, observation.

penisassociate 12 points 4 hours ago*  Whatever they do is pathetic. When they have it good, objectively speaking, they complain. When they have it really bad, objectively speaking, they get on their knees to suck cock. Go to third world countries and watch the women there. I was in the Philippines in a rather poor area. At every corner there was a woman looking for an easy way out. Grabbing at the cock. Trying to sell their pussy. My guide said these were not even prostitutes. Just women desperate for an easy way out. Being the MGTOW that I am, I made it a point to look around and sure enough at every place there was a man doing an honest day's work. I for instance overpaid a man in the thousands for some street food he was selling next to a whore of a woman who did nothing but try to sell her pussy. At no point do I ever think I've seen a woman do an honest day's work. It's just the diarrhea of the mouth and easy ways out.

MGTOW dudes, I don’t know if you know this, but men do sex work too. I recommend you take it up for a week and see how “easy” it is.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

@M:
I’ll defer to you on the matter. Thanks for the correction.

JoeB
JoeB

Not to shill hard but good author/cause combo

Friday BandCamp is giving their cut of Neil Gaiman audiobooks to the ACLU. It’s pretty extensive. American Gods is my favorite work of fiction and I don’t say that lightly.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Well, it is well known that the persons who have the financial power are the best to speak about those who have not it. Also, the ones who, as they say, avoid women at all cost are the best to speak about them.

Being something make you de facto the best at speaking and understanding the opposite.

Let us take an example : me (because it is also well know that to look scientific and provide arguments, the best thing is to use your own unscientific unproven anecdotes). Well, as a professional avoider of white bear (MGOOTWOWB – Man Going Out Of The Way Of White Bears) (I even have a super technologic device that repulse white bears in a 5 meter radius around me. And it works perfectly because no white bear ever has approach me !), can tell you with certainty, that white bears are lazy ball of fur and muscles (even more than cats, imagine !) who are smoking marijuana day long on the arctic ice while drinking cocacola, thus participating to the global warming. So, i suggest to hire as many white male hunters to hunt those bears and thus help to fight global warming.

And i will conclude with a quote from a movie : “The poors exist to be very poor, and the richs very rich”.

Thank you for your attention, and have a nice day.

Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight
Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight

What a disgusting screed. Paradoxical Intention nailed it.

Regarding the autism discussion: for what it’s worth, I have ASD, and it causes me numerous problems in social situations, but I’ve never noticed myself acting particularly entitled (at least not once I hit age sixteen).

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Uh, yeah, one person with autism saying “this is how people with autism are” =/= fact. Lots of others with autism have a different experience, and those of us who know people with autism don’t recognize this stereotype.

And, like Axe said, there’s also a difference between saying “people in group A are likely to display X” and “if a person displays X they’re probably in group A”. The former is still BS, but the latter is even more BS than regular BS.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Men Growing Their Own Weed

…is a movement I would support.

@ occasional reader

White Bears

Fun fact: Polar bears aren’t white. They do usually look white, but their fur is actually transparent. It scatters light though in a way that generally appears white (although they can look different colours in other environments).

If you shave a polar bear their skin is actually black. I would not recommend shaving polar bears though as it would be cruel, and I suspect you might not survive the process anyway.

Alan Robertshaw

ETA: I went searching for some nice pictures of different coloured polar bears for you. I got distracted though by finding out that polar bears are invisible in the infra red.

Because of that though some reindeer have evolved the ability to see into the ultra violet. Like that scene in Predator 2.

Isn’t nature amazing?!

Here are some orange ones though.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Let me see if I can put this debate into formal syllogism form:

Some people with autism are people who have misogyny problems.
All people named penisassociate are people who have misogyny problems.
Therefore:
All people named penisassociate are people with autism.

This takes the form
Some P are M
All S are M
Therefore:
All S are P

This is invalid logic. Let me demonstrate why by switching out the terms:

Some cats are black
All black molly fish are black
Therefore:
All black molly fish are cats

Your premises are both true but your conclusion is absurd. This is a clear sign that there is a problem with your logic. You can even take it out of formal syllogistic form and say your conclusion is “This black molly fish is probably a cat” and your conclusion is still absurd.

This logic you’re using is simply bad, Croosters, and that’s why we don’t internet diagnose people. There is splash damage involved, and the logic is so incredibly bad that the splash damage isn’t worth it. Just stop digging and stop insisting that what you’re doing is okay. It’s not okay, and it’s not even good reasoning.

JoeB
JoeB

“WhiteBear” provokes mixed emotions bc that’s a fucked up but really interesting Black Mirror Episode.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Polar bears always look pale yellow to me.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Me too. Mainly I suspect because they’re so often photographed in a bluish white environment of snow-ice-water.

Alan Robertshaw

I went to some lectures once about colour perception (hooray colour museum!). It was explained that our brains generally interpret the lightest thing in our field of vision as white and the darkest as black, regardless of their actual colour.

My mind was a bit blown by the question “What colour is black on a cinema screen?” (or rather by the answer). It is of course white (well, silvery white). So if you put up a piece of actually black paper on the screen during the opening crawl of Star Wars space suddenly doesn’t look right.

ETA: that’s why cinema decor is never actually black.

epitome of incomprehensibility

Now I’m picturing a polar bear leaning back against an ice shelf, smoking a joint and drinking Coke. Oh, and wearing sunglasses.

Alan Robertshaw

I was a bit dissapointed to find out that when polar bears cover their noses with their paws, it isn’t to hide; it’s just to keep them warm.

That’s pretty cute though.

@ epitome

This was a popular drink when I was a kid (basically sugar, food colouring and industrial strength foaming agent)

Moggie
Moggie

WWTH:

Polar bears always look pale yellow to me.

Oh fuck, here we go again.

comment image

Moggie
Moggie

Incidentally, any westerner who can say “I’ve never seen a woman do an honest day’s work” has never set foot in a hospital.

Croosters
Croosters

@Whomever-made-the-interalized-ableism-mention

There’s a difference between saying “autism causes assholishness” and saying “A lot of autistic dudes are assholes, especially on the Internet.”

I have far more experience in autistic circles than most of you. Most are misogynistic either implicitly or explicitly. I’ve been sexually harassed by them far more often than by neurotypical men (I’m a female-presenting genderqueer). Many say “But you’re autistic! You can’t reject our poorly construed, borderline creepy advances like that!”

I think I have a much better view of what it is than you do. Than all of you do really. You need to realize that most of the gators you criticize tend to come from these circles. I have no compunction making that association.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

“You,” not “We.” One little slip says so much.

Croosters
Croosters

@SFHC

I treat them more like shitty nuisances. I don’t engage them at all. Because that’s essentially what would’ve prevented them from getting that much attention.

Falconer
Falconer

Silence is agreement.

kupo
kupo

And it’s something entirely different to say, “he’s an asshole, so I think he might be autistic.” That’s the thing people are objecting to.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

@Alan

I’m taking this as “polar bears are invisible” and you absolutely cannot convince me otherwise. We see polar bears because we choose to.

Edit: A lot of dudes are assholes? Like, I don’t think I’ve ever walked into a room full of men and not felt a sense of entitlement rising from many of them.

Moggie
Moggie

Viscaria, you’re onto something there. I’ve seen polar bears, even in my part of town, but only in zoos. I conclude that polar bears are indeed invisible, but zoos dye them. This is why people say that zoos are cruel.

Croosters
Croosters

@kupo

I probably miswrote. My apologies.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

What if there’s an invisible polar bear sitting next to me in the break room right now? If you don’t hear from me again, I’ve probably been mauled.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Alan:

Yes, they look white basically for the same reason frosted glass looks white: light gets bounced around and you see sort of an averaged-out version of all the light hitting them.

Anybody remember those fibre optic ‘trees’ that were all the rage for a while, with a light in the base so the light came out the ends of the branches? Polar bear fur is a lot like fibre optic cable: it’s pretty much transparent end to end, look at it from the side and it takes on the colours of the surrounding light because of the scattering, and the transparency varies by how much you bend it. Makes it great for temperature control.

kupo
kupo

I want a fiber optic polar bear plushie now.

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

I think Viscaria just solved one of the big questions in cosmology: Dark matter is polar bears.

I’ll put it up on ArXiv. We need to get the word out.

Alan Robertshaw

Makes it great for temperature control.

One of my favourite jokes of all time is about a baby polar bear. It begins:

“Mum, am I a real polar bear?”

and ends:

“Because I’m f*cking freezing!”

I’m sure you can fill in the rest yourselves.

Alan Robertshaw

Nobel Prize for Viscaria.

@ EJ

Have you seen the Horizon episode on Anti Matter? There’s a great interview with an astronomer. He’s just explaining why he doesn’t believe there are large amounts still left in the universe:

“Because if there was we’d see evidence of some force pushing everything away from each other…Oh”

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Again, I’ve learned a lot, this time about polar bears.

But I am left with a disturbing urge to double-lock the front door to stop the bears getting in. Which is silly, because I have no way of knowing whether or not they’re already inside. What if I lock them in?!

Alan Robertshaw

Luckily I have a patented polar bear repellent bracelet. Special discount for Mammotheers, only €19.99.

I’m so confident in its effectiveness that I’ll offer a special money back guarantee* if you ever are attacked by a polar bear.

(*Offer not available north of Arctic Circle)

EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)
EJ (Marxist Jazz Weasel)

@Weatherwax:
If they’ve been inside all this time, they might not be hostile. In fact, they might be friendly. Have you suffered from infestations of seals recently? If not, the polar bears might be helping to keep them in check.

@Alan:
I’ll track down the episode. What you’ve said doesn’t sound like it’s in line with orthodoxy, but I’ll have to see it in context.

Moggie
Moggie

EJ:

Mood swings? Are you thinking of bipolar bears?

Rhuu
Rhuu

I’m pretty sure it’s the polar bears keeping the penguins away. Everyone knows they are mortal enemies, and the great Polar Bear/Penguin wars of the past were only settled by them moving to opposite ends of the earth!

Never trust a penguin.

NEVER.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

Nobel Prize for Viscaria.

I have been saying as much for years. I don’t care which one, but I’m sure I deserve one of them.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Alan:

(*Offer not available north of Arctic Circle)

I see you’re following the precedent set by Sharkbanz:

1. Offer a deep but conditional apology in the possible case that the bracelet in question was possibly malfunctioning. Promise to investigate.

2. Remind that the product was explicitly not meant to be 100% effective.

3. Charitably assuming a malfunction in product, offer the customer a new bracelet instead of refund.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Rhuu,

According to MRA lore, penguins are whores. Perhaps polar bears are the bitter MGTOW of the animal kingdom, angry that third world penguins are while superior to western penguins, still living the easy life.

Nah. Polar bears don’t deserve that comparison.

Victoria
Victoria

As another autistic person, I’ll weigh in. The problem isn’t that autistic men are more likely to be misogynistic, it’s that the majority of those officially diagnosed with autism, due to bias from physicians, are male.

Autism is perceived as a male disorder and thus a lot of physicians diagnose it in boys but ignore the signs in girls (or misdiagnosed them with BPD). shitty organizations like autism speaks try to reinforce this by making “light up blue” marches and days.

so a lot of autism spaces are dominated by white men. it’s not autism that makes them like that, it’s the fact that they’re white cis men in a space with a lot of other white cis men.

As a female/afab (??) autistic person, I’ve sometimes felt excluded by the male autistics. but it’s not autism that causes misogyny, male entitlement along with the perception of there being no women in the room does.

Sseba
Sseba

@Jenora Feuer

So if you put some colored lights inside the polar bear…

Maybe we can make them swallow lightbulbs or cellphones or something, we can detect them. I picture something like a huge mousetrap to catch your invisible housemate bear.

numerobis
numerobis

Arctic Ape: holy shit, and CBS just laps up that bullshit?

Alan: I’ll take two! Iqaluit is below the arctic circle, but there’s the occasional bear (there were reports of one in the general area, last time I went skiing on the bay).

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Victoria

Hmm… Interesting. I buy it!

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@numerobis:
Heck, Churchill, Manitoba isn’t even 59° N, and they run armoured tour busses for people to see the polar bears.

@ viscaria

I hear they all pretty much pay the same; so any would do.

@ sseba

Maybe we can make them swallow lightbulbs

I suspect the easiest way to achieve that is just walk past one with a lightbulb in your pocket.

@ numberobis & jenora

A friend emigrated to Canada. A few nights later I received a phone call (at ungodly o’clock). She was all excited cos there was a bear rooting round in her bin. Feeling privileged to witness this rare display of nature up close she felt she had to share with her new neighbours. Who just said:

“Bloody bears. Here’s the number for the bear removal bloke.”

@ Arctic Ape

I probably shouldn’t laugh at that story; but I can’t help it. You have to admire their chutzpah. “Here’s a free replacement. Let’s just stick it on your wrist. Oh, right. Well your other wrist then.”

I’d probably just have gone with “Oh you wanted the shark repellent one. So, not the shark attractor?”

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Alan:
Heh. Yeah, in some parts of the country, bears are pretty common. I grew up in British Columbia, and my grandparents lived down in the Kootenay Boundary, and I remember being in the car when my grandfather came to a rather abrupt stop driving along a two-lane ‘highway’ as a bear cub ran across the road. He waited a few seconds for mama bear chasing the cub to run across as well, and THEN started driving again.

Granted, there it’s mostly black bears, and the occasional grizzly, rather than polar bears obviously. Though once you’re closer to the coast there’s a significant sub-population of blonde and even white-furred ‘black’ bears.

Though the most famous Canadian black bear was born in Ontario, named after the city of Winnipeg in Manitoba, and spent most of her life in the London Zoo in England. Where ‘Winnie’ would often be visited by a young Christopher Robin Milne…

@ jenora

Where ‘Winnie’ would often be visited by a young Christopher Robin Milne…

I love finding out stuff like that! Thank you.

Didn’t they find out recently that, rather than being separate species as was previously thought, grizzlies and black bears were in fact just the same bear with different fur colours?

ETA: same *species* of bear, not just the one bear who keeps changing his look.

Emma
Emma

This guy has NO idea what he’s talking about lol. I was actually just learning in one of my university courses how the main driving force behind the Phillipines’ economy is women. The Phillipines’ largest export is nannies. Men have unfortunately lost their jobs en masse and women are working their butts off as nannies to provide for their families back home. They are making good wages compared to what they would get at home and they are gaining new freedoms because of it, although they have to leave their families for long periods of time.