Uncategorized

Open Thread to discuss all things Trump, I mean holy crap

Have at it, folks. No Trump fans, etc.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

I wonder how Trump reconciles the fact that Bezos owns The Washington Post while taking credit for the Amazon expansion.

Lone Galtian Bootstrapper
Lone Galtian Bootstrapper

Russian Parliament Passes Law Decriminalizing Domestic Violence Through First Round of Votes

Of course it did.

And of course it was introduced by a woman, in this case ultraconservative Russian lawmaker Yelena Mizulina.

Ugh, now I’m sad and sick to my stomach…

Dalillama, Shepherd of Demonic Crocodiles
Dalillama, Shepherd of Demonic Crocodiles

@Peevee

He doesn’t. Facts have no place in Trump’s thought processes.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Billionaire Asshole “Venture Capitalist” Trump Advisor says that the big thing wrong with the Obama administration was that there wasn’t enough corruption. Which made things boring.

That’s seriously the quote.

Actually, it’s about ethics in wetland development.

kupo
kupo

Amazon is always hiring. Always. If they don’t have any positions to fill they’ll interview you anyway and find a job for you. How the hell does he think he has anything to do with Amazon jobs?

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@ kupo

Pretty much what I heard from a friend who works at the Amazon corporate HQ.

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

These are things I’d *prefer* to be bored about. Really.

The yellow-crested, rusty-faced howler monkey isn’t even in office yet and I’m tired of the corruption already!

You might even say my head, she is spinning (and not from the winning.)

Weird (resist trump today) Eddie
Weird (resist trump today) Eddie

We need a song… Troubelle!?! Where are ya my friend??!?? We need to collect ALL the nick-names people have given to trump and write a song styled like Billy Joel’s “We Didn’t Start the Fire”… call it “Here’s What We Call the Liar”….

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

@ Dalillama:

He doesn’t. Facts have no place in Trump’s thought processes.

Yes, I did use the “F word,” didn’t I?
My bad, lol.

throwaway
throwaway

This move (from Amazon) has nothing to do with Drumpflethinskin.

The jobs will more than likely be in support of the growing logistics endeavor that seeks to place complete control from start to finish in the hands of Amazon. Expect even more growth as Amazon takes over more of their own delivery, having total control of the pricepoint for deliveries, and thus able to offer lower prices to customers. This has been going on and planned since before the primaries.

rogue angel
rogue angel

@ Weird Eddie: I’ve been working on a parody of “The Pina Colada Song”–so thanks for the idea. Song parodies are kinda my thing.

*toys with Billy Joel’s lyrics*

So far, I’ve got:

this is what we call the liar:
Mango Mussolini, ’cause it’s all too easy
this is what we call the liar:
just an Orange One,
windbag goin’ on and on and on and on…

I’m sure Troubelle could do a better number than that, though.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

In other news, we’re all fucked.

I mean, one of these on its own could be a weird coincidence, but all three in one day… Nope nope nuh-uh nooope.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Well, that’s…wow, SFHC. *Shivers*

History Nerd
History Nerd

There’s probably going to be a backlash against the Violence Against Women Act. The fathers’ rights movement was dealt a huge blow last year when the American Psychiatric Association rejected Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) for inclusion in the DSM. That will make it much more difficult to use PAS in expert witness testimony.

Enforcement is up and abusers are getting more of a sense that society doesn’t accept their behavior. The MRA “experts” I’ve read seem to support reducing sentences to probation or anger management courses. The evidence shows that a long jail sentence (between 9 months and 18 months) is the most effective sentence while anger management courses have a minimal impact (shorter jail sentences are less effective). Anger management works well for stuff like road rage and violent attacks on strangers, while telling abusers to manage their anger triggers often reinforces their belief that the abuse is excusable.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

History Nerd,

There have always been backlash from MRA’s about the VAWA.

We had a very prolific troll named NWOSlave who would constantly write paragraph-long screeds about it (among other things) about 6 years back.

Of course, even though the text of that law is gender-neutral, the name contains the word “women” in it, which caused him no end of rage.

A Land Whale
A Land Whale

#unpissidented

What’s the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?

Donald Trump has never had a garbanzo bean in his face.

-rimshot-

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@SFHC, holy noodle. That’s … I don’t even have words for that.

That’s not really something I should be reading right before bed. But I’m sure it’s going to be all over the news tomorrow.

Lord Pabu
Lord Pabu

Has everyone seen this incredible Kickstarter? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/amplifierfoundation/we-the-people-public-art-for-the-inauguration-and?ref=popular

I’m so incredibly excited about this! Political prints are my inspiration, though I have neglected my own body of work since graduation. Still, I am so inspired and moved to see some big name artists throwing their clout behind the revolution!

*coughs* Gotta chill a bit. Getting carried away. I just thought I’d share, for the sake of revolution. \m/O\m/

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

In other-other news (guess who has Google alerts set up!), the “Tape” is now “Tapes, plural” and the “MI6 source” is now “Multiple MI6, CIA and FSB (KGB) sources.” I don’t know whether that’s less or more terrifying than the other news.

Kat
Kat

@Lord Pabu
Art can sneak into people’s emotions and change those people’s entrenched beliefs.

I’m jazzed!

Lord Pabu
Lord Pabu

@Kat

I agree! If memes can so easily sway minds, these powerful prints should be able to do the same.

I’m just over here, being all like;

Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight
Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight

The God-Emperor jokes are coming back to bite the alt-righters. He’s truly going to rule from his Golden Throne.

Oh wait, I’ve got another one:

Pepe the Frog? More like Peepee the Frog!

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

In regards to SFHC’s links, I don’t understand how it serves Russian government interests to scare the American public with displays like that. Aren’t they better served if the allegations of Trump being under Putin’s thumb are dismissed by as many people as possible? Puppets are not nearly as effective if you can see the strings. I’m probably missing something.

Weird (resist trump today) Eddie
Weird (resist trump today) Eddie

@ rogue angel

“Ignoramus; Twitter junkie;
Yellow Crested Howler Monkey*
Beaver pelt upon his head;
One Whose Name Must Not Be Said;

That’s what we call the Liar;
‘Cause he’s always hating;
And he’s bloviating;”

*thanx to hambeast

Pie
Pie

@A Land Whale

What’s the difference between a chickpea and a garbanzo bean?

To reinterate what others have said elsewhere, probabaly more eloquently: please don’t kink shame. Mocking consensual sexual activities between adults has undesirable knock-on effects.

rogue angel
rogue angel

@ Weird Eddie:

Nice job on the Billy Joel parody. I was thinking of adding some of the Orange One’s “accomplishments” to the verses, just to rub it in that we’re mocking him for some very good reasons.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Jeeby-creeby this footz guy is emotionally draining in the CIA report thread. It’s difficult to say “you’re being an arrogant, mansplainey atheistbro” without having them immediately shut down!

Last try before I take out the knives, I think. If he ain’t gonna get it this time, he just ain’t gonna get it. One more pseudo-rationalist on the pile.

Edit: Friend just used the best term for Trump. He’s America’s new Putintate.

😀

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Scildfreja

I know I already asked you, and got an answer, but I thought I might ask again for the benefit of lurkers.

Where on Earth do you find that kinda patience ?

Lone Galtian Bootstrapper
Lone Galtian Bootstrapper

Actually, it’s about ethics in wetland development.

hihihihihihihihihihihihi

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

@Sinkable John,

Who may shudder to devise
what there in sunken R’lyeh lies.
There, unblinking, patient, deep
there do their souls, unresting, sleep.

What patience self-destruction brings
what sunken city, sunken kings.
What calm, the yawning void implies
what there in sunken R’lyeh lies.

Weird (resist trump today) Eddie
Weird (resist trump today) Eddie

@rogue

Definitely add verses detailing the reasons we dislike him!

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

The more info that we get about this dossier, the more enraged it makes me. News orgs had this shit since October in some cases and elected not to go with it … because it was “unverified.” Meanwhile every unverified rumor about Clinton’s emails was front-page news.

Why go with the sanctity of verification for Trump but not for Clinton? Why, news orgs? Why did you have to be such assholes to Clinton but handle Trump with due care and concern?

Rabukurafuto
Rabukurafuto

History Nerd
January 12, 2017 at 10:16 pm

This sounds very much like the books I’m reading for a university class I’m taking right now on women and violence, Violent Partners by Linda G. Mills and In an Abusive State by Kristin Bumiller. Both books have left me speechless at their claims that feminism have made domestic violence worse and it worries me that a nominally feminist class is teaching about domestic violence in a way not dissimilar from MRAs. Has anyone else heard of these authors? I don’t know about Bumiller, but I’ve found some criticism of Mills claiming she liked to portray herself as a lone visionary against “feminist orthodoxy” and I certainly see that in her book.

numerobis
numerobis

Scildfreja: oh shit. You’re…

Wow.

I guess the people you exhibit that patience to *are* usually reduced to gibberish after, so I guess it fits.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

😀

I like writing poems. Creepy ones especially. ’cause people are super creepy.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Scildfreja

I suspected as much.

Still. Least expectable yet best answer to any question ever asked. Nice one :p

proudfootz
proudfootz

Scildfreja Unnýðnes

You really suppose in this sort of verbal abuse seems like the way to go to keep people from ‘shutting down’?

It’s too bad you find verbally abusing me to be emotionally draining.

Here’s an idea – if this behavior of yours is causing you harm, try not doing it. It’s worth a shot.

kupo
kupo

@proudfootz
How fucking dare you accuse Scildfreja, one of the kindest, most patient commenters on this blog, of emotional abuse. What you’re doing right now is gaslighting. You’re blaming her for the emotional toll that your behavior is taking on here. Step the fuck down.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@whycan’twhitemenbeproud-footz

verbal abuse

This right here is why we have a comments policy. Otherwise, I’d be hella tempted to show you what verbal abuse looks like 😠

Doesnt understand basic concepts like grain of salt, splain, brogressive, internalized prejudice, or dogwhistle. Goes all ‘feminists are the real bigots’ at the 1st sign on criticism. Gaslights a woman with accusations of verbal abuse. So, other than being around longer than I have, what separates this shit misogytroll from any other shit misogytroll? Cos I’m not coming up with anything…

O hai, footz

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Okay, I’m calling the Dark Lord, this fuckcactus can go back to DisinfoWars and stay there. They probably don’t want his brain-dead doucheass either, but hell, that’s just a bonus.

proudfootz
proudfootz

kupo

Please ‘splain how

“you’re being an arrogant, mansplainey atheistbro”

isn’t abusive.

…and this is what Scildfreja’s saying ‘before the knives come out’.

How does objecting to such content-free name calling suddenly become ‘gaslighting’?

Just another weird insubstantial accusation to hurl?

The lack of self-awareness your comment evinces is severe.

proudfootz
proudfootz

Axecalibur

Objecting to content-free posts isn’t ‘gaslighting’ – unless you’re making up novel definitions now.

proudfootz
proudfootz

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Do give David a call.

As for the rest of your post, the less said the better.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Please ‘splain how

“you’re being an arrogant, mansplainey atheistbro”

isn’t abusive.

kupo
kupo

@proudfootz
Calling you out on your poor behavior is not a form of abuse.

Edit: wait, but he asked me to ‘splain so I need to be super condescending and direct it at an expert in such matters. Damn, doing it wrong.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

TROLL MELTDOWNS CAN’T MELT STEEL BEAMS.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Objecting to content-free posts isn’t ‘gaslighting’

Holy shit! The irony is so intense I could press my fuckin pants with it

proudfootz
proudfootz

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

You’re the one reduced to posting your shit in CAPS LOCK.

The meltdown you smell is your own.