#ResistTrump from russia with trump trump

#ResistTrump today by reading the declassified intelligence report on Russian hacking

Trump’s Russian handler

Popular-vote-loser Donald Trump got his official briefing on Russia’s hacking of the election. In what we can only assume was an attempt to counteract Trump’s brilliant plan to flat-out lie about what was in this briefing, the US intelligence agencies released the declassified version of the report yesterday as well.

You should download it (direct link) from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and read it, if for no other reason than to see how blatantly Trump has already lied about its contents. (If you’d like to avoid going to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence site you can download the PDF from The Minneapolis Star-Tribune here.)

The report is actually quite short; especially if you ignore the appendix about Russia’s propaganda outlet RT, which is definitely worth reading on its own though not quite as essential.

If you don’t feel like dealing with a PDF at the moment, the Washington Post has a handy guide to the important bits in the report.

Tomorrow we start in on Trump’s cabinet nominees and their ethical failings, in preparation for a week of CALLING SENATORS.

If you’d like to get started early, take a look at this CNN/Money article: “Trump national security pick Monica Crowley plagiarized multiple sources in 2012 book.” The title is fairly self-explanatory. She plagiarized A LOT.

See more Resist Trump Today posts here.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@kupo

Were you not here when Rush Limbaugh was baffled about, like, the Department of Agriculture did a summit about LGBT+ living in rural areas (you know, giving LGBT+ living in rural areas info and stuff) and, like, Rush Limbaugh freaked out and called it a “scam” and a way for the government to attacking rural areas because they’re the last bastion of true conservatism or something like that? “I never knew lesbians wanted to be farmers!” Funny as hell.

@gijoel

I just saw that Tweet and it was beautiful and I love Mark Hamill he is amazing. Honestly, one of the few older white man you can trust completely not to be a fuck. (The other is John Goodman.)

@LindsayIrene

Uh…like…I can’t even begin to unpack that, but, like, Reddit isn’t the internet and aren’t those apps also websites?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Because Reddit is so welcoming to women right now?

I’m also not clear as to why women seeing advice given to men is bad? Unless of course the advice is misogynistic and gross. But women and teen girls who male attracted to tend to want boyfriends, husbands, sex partners. It doesn’t make sense that they’d be opposed to men and teen boys getting better at being attractive to them.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

What we need is reddit to become extremely boring and anti-female to the point where they no longer feel welcome here …

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. Like, five years ago.

CakefulOfKittenmeat

I may be exaggerating, but all I hear in news and comments anywhere is “russian” this, occaional “putin evil”, “russians” that and fuck all about our batshit-crazy oligarchist actual goverment which isn’t only putin and what were the late measures against Putin’s despotic crimes? Oh yes, those bloody sanction that only hit geneal, mostly poor, population and helped to ensure our current economic crisis, non of this concerns or harms the elites, they go about their destructive business unscratched, their money offshore and kids in British private schools, only people are affected, and all over the news and leftiy sites it’s still abstract generalized “russians” are pro-trump conspirators.
The thing about this notallmanbullsh*t is that it’s obviously not just a small group of elitist men calling the shots and the rest of poor teh menz silently disapprove and suffer the consequences, it’s about calling out men as a class all of which oppress women.
Here it’s more of the former situation.
I assume you, for example, also would like to note that it’s not americans who wagered war in Iraq even if people who put it like that tell you “oh but we don’t mean it” but your government, no?

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

our batshit-crazy oligarchist actual goverment

Mind the comments policy, please. I’m batshit-crazy. The Trump government is just deplorable.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

@Valentine:
It’s a digression, but do you identify as Russian? I’m told that a lot of Odessans see themselves as Russian rather than Ukrainian, but my Ukrainian friends inform me that the divide between those two peoples has gotten rather acrimonious in recent years.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

Well, when the war started, there was a lot of approval for it because of propaganda and then the war became less popular over time so, like, that was true at least first. I don’t blame other countries for thinking that. I don’t blame them for thinking a lot of negative things about America because America is a shithole and honestly we proved just how shit we were by letting fucking Ego “Donald Trump” McTangrine even entertained the thought of running for the Republican ballot so, like, fucking hell.

Obama, please become the dictator the right always thought you were and save us.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

CakefulOfKittenmeat

The Trump government is just deplorable.

I was talking about our United Russia party. And they do have some batshit insane people to distract us, no offence, I’m sure they are different to the core to you

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Right, I meant the Putin government. Point still stands. Avoid that kind of language.

(I’ll pretend I didn’t see the “Oh, but you are different, you’re a good [insert whatever here]”)

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@CakefulOfKittenmeat

No, that wasn’t the point. We have a comments policy of no ableist language, which includes calling things or people “bat shit insane” or “crazy” or “psychopathic” or any variations of such things. Please be mindful.

Also, Sinkable John is French, last time I checked. What’s the status of the French government, John, with those burka bans and dictating what women can wear because god forbid someone wears a burkini because Islamophobia. Are those laws even a thing still? (I haven’t been keeping up.)

CakefulOfKittenmeat

there was a lot of approval for it because of propaganda

The was also quite a wave of protest and plain quiet dissaproval though.
And there is no (at least no one I know saw any, anti-Hillary stuff there is, rather unofficial*) ongoing pro-trump propaganda, but I suspect that will change if trump’s policies will become really helpful to our government, though they’ll probably have to wait a bit after very fresh and recent anti-all-of-the-USA propaganda
*spoken by Djirinovskiy, we use him to explain trump sometimes. He also says darndest things our government and pro-putinists think, but can’t verbalize, in a very crude and vulgar way

@Jack

By the way

I don’t blame other countries for thinking that.

Hey, for what it’s worth, I don’t think ye Muricans are shit.

Now, yeah, sure, a lot of us do think that. But most of the time when I tell them about all the good stuff that I seen there, they give it some more thought and change their mind.

Hell there’s even people in France joking about how “even the Muricans didn’t deserve Trump”. Opinion’s actually improving, albeit slowly.

ETA : Didn’t see that part, but hold on. Edit window’s too short to answer that question.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Cakeful, I’m having a hard time taking you seriously because the nym you’ve chosen seems to be deliberately offensive. I don’t normally care what nick people choose but wtf is up with that?

CakefulOfKittenmeat

Well, what’d you prefer I say? Ok, I am sorry, I meant people like Mizulina, for, example, she is extremely (can I say “paranoid” or not?) about traditional family’s INEVITABLE COLLAPSE if LGBT and women have any kind of rights (though her only child is a gay rights activist and an open gay man in Belgium), she says mostly very irrational paranoia-fueled things, leads an imaginary war with “pedophile lobby” (meaning not, say child prostitution defenders but anyone anti-censorship, like wikipedia), exhibits very rigid, defensive thinking (similar to what my violent schizophrenic step-dad exhibits), many people here are actually concerned about her current mental state and wanted her checked (there was a petition), and her propositions are harmful and hateful, so I hope you’d understand why I slipped here

@Policy of Madness
Welp, I just noticed it’s fucked up though, I picked it here a long time ago and probably meant to write basket or something, but yeh, it’s fucked up
Not that you would take me seriously anyway, right?
Oh, and besides accidentally offending Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden I did deliberately offend everyone else by what, generalizing?

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@Sinkable John

Yo, man, take your time. I’m currently distracted by this at the moment.

The necromancy lured me in, but the gayness gave me life.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@troll

Want to know a secret?

I’m a gay LGBT+ rights activist… And schizophrenic!
comment image

CakefulOfKittenmeat

I’m a gay LGBT+ rights activist… And schizophrenic!

Sorry to you to, what did you mean to say by this? That I used homophobic language here as well? That I somehow said that only homophobic conservatives can be mentally ill? That I said that Mizulina might be unwell exactly because she is conservative and no other reasons at all?
But yes, sure, call me a troll, might have as well ignore all else I wrote here further and ban me on one (not quite intentional) ableist insult I apologized for, while you’re at it.

@Jack

(Okay, so I just found what I’m doing tonight. Gotta see if my computer can run that.)

So, as far as I know, no one’s talking about burkinis right now but that’s mainly because winter. So unless someone used the chance (or is planning to) to sneak in a few laws while everyone’s looking elsewhere, there’s still no statewide ban. It’s limited to a few towns with right or far-right mayors regulating “proper use” of their own beaches. Last I heard the government’s stance was that they would not police what women can wear (that’s literally what they said) and I gotta admit I’m ever so surprised to see ’em making sense. That hadn’t happened since 2013.

The burka in general is a trickier beast. Right now the national law states that no “ostentatious religious symbol” is allowed in places like public schools. Oh but of course you can wear all the gigantic-ass crosses you want, over or under your shirt, whatever, that’s different. Headscarves are sort of allowed but some of the dumbest teachers have claimed the “no headwear inside” rule – of course no one ever paid attention to my multiple fancy headbands with various things dangling from them (that was before that Sparrow dude stole my style and dumbed it down though) so really, fuck that noise.

There’s always a new controversy too. I dunno what the trending one is right now but I’m sure it’s either kebabs or halal food, it usually is around the holidays.

@Cakeful

Actually, you didn’t offend me. Now, regarding that certain politician… heh. A lot of this commentariat are from the US, I’m pretty sure they can name a buncha cases like that one off the top of their heads.

But yeah, no, you’re still diagnosing someone you don’t know over the internet. I don’t care how many people think that either, it doesn’t make it any less wrong. Have you considered she may just be a right-wing asshole ? Right-wing assholes often show the “symptoms” you’re telling us about.

Don’t attribute to mental illness what can just as conceivably be attributed to stupidity. That’s, huh, Sinkable John’s Razor. Yup. Unless somebody else has claimed it already, which is likely.

Valentine
Valentine

Одеса is in ukraine.

Also Falconer they shared some articles i wished to reference. My internet is very bad. I was trying to find the articles but i could not so i was suggest that people could check there. Not that they should just read plain tweets.

No i don’t see myself as russian.

proudfootz
proudfootz

While I am perfectly open to the possibility that Russia or Putin or whoever had a hand in the exposure of true information that might have had some small influence on the recent elections, I do suggest taking the ‘information’ coming from the CIA – which has a documented history of lying to Presidents, Congress, and the American people – with a grain of salt.

The important thing going into the future will be whether the Democratic Party decides to continue to blame its failure on increasingly bizarre conspiracy theories or starts standing up for the 99% and stop taking money and direction from the 1%.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

I emailed David. I was gonna copy the comments policy about ableist language but then I saw the “they aren’t allowed to argue about the rules, email me if they do” so, like, I did.

@Sinkable John

Yeah, I heard about the kebabs thing. And that’s…like, how you gonna justify that? How you gonna justify getting rid of ethnic food without sounding like a racist nationalist, really? It’s food. And apparently, a bunch of other countries are doing that as well? Like, really?

IDK, I would hope at least the US wouldn’t do something like that (I guess we wouldn’t and really couldn’t because we don’t really have “American” food) but who the fuck knows now.

CakefulOfKittenmeat

But yeah, no, you’re still diagnosing someone you don’t know over the internet.

You’d know better, you do a research on her and her imaginary conspiracies and completely removed from reality legislations that even her closest right-wing asshole allies don’t support then.
Since no one seems to care about anything else than “batshit-insane comment” might as well leave (and get a bunch of WE WONT MISS U ABLEIST VILE TROLL HUE HUE in the back of course), good luck with impeachment

kupo
kupo

@CakefulOfKittenmeat
Take a moment to read the comments policy. If there’s something you disagree with, understand that there are good reasons for the rules and follow them anyway. And if someone calls you out on something, don’t get defensive, and don’t double down.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@CakefulOfKittenmeat

We didn’t realize you were a certified psychiatrist who has the amazing ability to diagnose people through a few articles on the internet without even meeting the person in person, and so generous of you doing it for free! Our apologies.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@CakefulOfKittenmeat
With 50 elector votes being literally illegal, there is precedence. And oh gee reading the comments policy is so hard, especially when you frankly don’t seem to actually want to convince anyone of your viewpoint?

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Nah, the problem is that you’re doubling down and getting defensive after just being told to mind a few rules. And see, you’re still doing it. Okay so she’s got her head pretty far up her ass, again, nothing new here. And nothing that says you can go ahead and diagnose.

Just cut the crap and move on to your actual point instead of explaining to us how that totally isn’t ableism or whatever.

proudfootz
proudfootz

WRT to Washington Post:

Aren’t they the ones who published the fake news about Russian hacking of the US power grid?

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Oh, it’s just Mr Al again.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@proudfootz
Difference here is that this just links to an official CIA report.

I take it you’re like me in that we both wish for Keith Ellison to be head of DNC and roll back Debbie Wasserman Schultz decision to reallow lobby money in the DNC?

kupo
kupo

@proudfootz
Ok, let’s say WaPo is unreliable. How about we talk about the actual, real report that’s not a fake news story?

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Yes, proudfootz, and they retracted it and published the corrected facts once they were verified, you know: like those with any journalist integrity does.

They just didn’t let it sit, like other shit publications do.

ETA: is Mr. SteeleassAl at it against?
It’s been, what? Six years of trolling? Grow the fuck UP!

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@kupo
Something something CIA in on it too disgregard Trump slashing CIA budget for daring to oppose him.

Valkyrine
Valkyrine

I still don’t get how saying “it’s an old name” is in anyway a good argument for using that nick, or saying that you meant to write something else but never bothering to fix it…

Falconer
Falconer

I know everyone’s beat me to responding to proudfootz, but I’d like to point out that we were just talking about our ability to be concerned with multiple problems at once. So I don’t think anyone here is going to be letting the Dems off the hook, but I think we can all agree that our cyber security needs to be boosted, and that The Don is ignoring the problem.

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

Valentine,

Yeah, he used it in December to necro a 2011 thread.

December 3, 2016 at 6:35 pm
When I saw “bioshock reference” I automatically looked up at the citation parts to find “Is a man not entitled to the sexiness of his sperm? No, says the woman on bonbons, it belongs to muh ridiculous alimony fraudz…”

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@Sinkable John

I’m also looking into this. Two words: Lesbian werewolf.

I love werewolves. (I bet I can find a werewolf dating Sim. I know of an orc dating Sim I can’t wait for the full release for but I wanna werewolf one.)

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Lesbian werewolves?

comment image

Okay, the homoeroticism is gross in that movie because the characters are sisters but it’s otherwise a great movie and just reading the words “lesbian werewolf” made me think of it so I had to post.

History Nerd
History Nerd

RT America hired people straight out of college and assigned them to report on national and global news with $50K to $60K salaries. These are “too good to be true” jobs. Normally, people straight out of college get hired in local news with a smaller salary and need a few years of experience before they can move to national or global news if they’re lucky (unless you went to a prestigious school for journalism and did very well). Ex-RT America correspondents say their scripts were heavily monitored by the Russian organization: https://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/how-the-truth-is-made-at-russia-today?utm_term=.chN5LlxOQx#.mnvjA6YkEY

It’s true Abby Martin had her own show and a degree of editorial independence, but she was the exception rather than the rule. RT sought her out and hired her because she was already promoting outlandish conspiracy theories and claiming she had transcended the left-right spectrum. RT at least tried to groom her into a dedicated “true believer” propagandist, though Russia’s invasion of Crimea was a little too indefensible.

@Jack and wwth

This world is full of such wonderful things.

Also, Jack, it’s more like pushing for “stricter” (read : targeted) health regulations on food. They’re also trying to shoehorn animal rights into their bullshit. It’s pretty disgraceful, but hey, it’s the same people who did those “Manif pour Tous” marches back when marriage rights were getting fixed. Idiots gonna be idiots all the way, I guess ?

Their idol’s gonna try (again) to get elected. I haven’t been keeping up at all, I’m kinda afraid to see what kind of mess we’re looking at.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!
Using the name of a country or the name of that country’s people is a well established shorthand for the government of that country. This ain’t new. ‘Iran is funding terrorism’ doesn’t mean that everyone in Iran is aiding militants. Relax!

So, can someone with a stable internet connection explain to me what the problem with the Post is supposed to be?

@proudfootz

1)porque no los dos?
2)conspiracies are proven true all the time
3)can we all just quit saying ‘1%’ and ‘99%’ now? It’s stale at this point, it was never a good distinction to make, and it’s only gotten more meaningless now. This election wasn’t decided on class grounds. Well, not economic class anyway…

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@Sinkable John

“Animal rights?” In the country that you probably could still get foie gras? My ass.

@WWTH

I LOVE Ginger Snaps! I really need to rewatch it. But, yeah, the incest vibe is gross. I haven’t watched it in a while, but I think you could chalk up, at least the later parts, on the whole “acting completely different” thing.

proudfootz
proudfootz

Yes, the report was released, and that’s not fake. What about the content?

Really if the FBI, the NSA, and the CIA get together on something, you know it *must* be true. Their stellar record of telling the truth is untarnished except in the eyes of anyone who’s paid the least bit of attention to the news in the past 50 years or so.

Gotta love how the report claims that the show ‘Breaking the Set’ somehow was aimed at undermining Clinton in 2012 when she wasn’t even a candidate! What more evidence do we need?

That sources outside of the US might talk about the stealing of elections and voter suppression doesn’t seem particularly ‘underhanded’, as intelligent observers in the US already know this. Suddenly telling the truth has become a sinister conspiracy.

ZOMG! Press outside of the US covered the Occupy Wall Street Movement? How awful! Some people in the US aren’t completely happy with how the economy is being mismanaged. It’d be nice if the US press would cover the news in the US.

Did the Russians employ ‘trolls’? Maybe they did. But we also know Clinton employed trolls in her own cause. And the US military also employs trolls to push their agenda. What could be more American? People who employ trolls lose the right to bitch about others who do the same.

Hilarious that the NSA should complain about journalists should characterize the US as a ‘surveillance state’. Just forget that you are being surveilled by your public servants, so you can pretend to be outraged when told to by the NSA.

The ‘report’ reads like a bunch of self-serving whinging from privileged children who’ve been caught with their hands in the cookie jar.

Uncritically publishing this manifesto from known duplicitous actors on the American scene only contributes to a pointless paranoia.

proudfootz
proudfootz

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

1) No inteniendo

2) Yes, I get a lot of shit for suspecting conspiracies.

3) What would you prefer? I think many potential voters were turned off by politics as usual, and that phenomenon like Occupy Wall Street and the Sanders insurgency pointed the way toward an escape from both members of the Two Party System slavish devotion toward big money and corporatism.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Oh no. Not this again. I sense a “Trump won because of economic anxiety and how dare the left talk about misogyny, racism or any other issue that doesn’t matter to white dudes” rant coming on.

If voters were sick of politics as usual, then why did incumbents win so many down ticket races? The actual evidence. Including what comes from the mouths/keyboards of Trump supporters suggests politics as usual (as in fuck everyone but privileged white guys) is exactly what much of the electorate is craving.

LindsayIrene

Well, gosh, if you’re tired of big money, Donald Trump is the one to turn to!

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@LindsayIrene

As my dad said, “He’s richer than god so he can’t be bought.”

LindsayIrene

@ Handsome Jack

I’m sure he could still be bought with pretty women and insincere compliments. And maybe a tacky portrait of himself.