Uncategorized

Under the weather

Back to bed

I’m feeling a bit under the weather, so posts may be a bit light for the next few days, though I will do my best to get some Resist Trump Every Day posts up, because Trunp.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Take care of yourself. This is important work you do and it would be taxing on anyone at the best of times.

John Howard
John Howard

Rest.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

Please rest up and just worry about getting better for a while, yeah?

Kat
Kat

@David

Oh no! I don’t know whether you have that “heavy cold” that made Queen Elizabeth miss church on both Christmas and New Year’s. I know that I’ve got a cold — and I’m just gonna call it the QE2 cold.

Whatever you’ve got, take good care. I’m sure the kitties will take this opportunity to sleep on Dad’s chest. And get up to horrible mischief.

Get well soon!

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

Take it easy, man. Your health is more important.

AliBoBali
AliBoBali

Please feel better soon. You’ll be missed. đŸ™‚

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ kat

the QE2 cold.

Just to be incredibly nerdy, the QE2 (as in the liner) is so called because it’s the second ship named after Queen Elizabeth, as in Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (ie the current Queen’s mother who was married to King George, the guy in ‘the King’s Speech’)

And after that bit of pedantry, get well soon David!

Karalora
Karalora

Feel better, David. Self-care first.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

Get better! And yes, the kitties will do their level best to keep you warm.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Ugh. Must be going around. I’m sick these past couple of days too. Hope we both feel better soon!

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Somehow, the absolute army of germs at work hasn’t made me sick… Yet. Feel OK, David. And errybody else too!

AthVeg34F
AthVeg34F

That is the cutest little kitty-in-bed pic in the world.

And ditto to everyone else’s comments, please take some restorative time off as needed.

Thank you for all you do.

Lea
Lea

Hope you feel better soon.

Scildfreja UnnĂ½Ă°nes
Scildfreja UnnĂ½Ă°nes

Please take care of yourself!

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Take care of yourself!

Hopefully Elizabeth Regina hasn’t infected you with her heavy cold (i don’t think that’s how the internet works).

Peace, love, and hot toddies (aka honey, lemon, hot water and maybe some whisky).

eli
eli

I hope you don’t have that thing I had before Christmas. It knocked me right out for days! And I let myself get severely dehydrated.

No matter what it is, take it easy!

Bina

Something is definitely going around. I’m fighting it right now. Everyone feel better soon! Chicken soup for all!

Jason Eichhorn

David,

Is the photo one of your cats?

rogue angel
rogue angel

Take it easy, buddy. Get some rest. Do what works for you: hot chocolate, cold medicine, Mel Brooks movies–whatever.

Kestrel
Kestrel

Please take some time off until you feel better. Get well soon!

Falconer
Falconer

Hope you don’t have what hit my little household, except for my little girl.

We were all just sick as dogs and couldn’t keep anything down. I caught it on Friday the 23rd and slept the afternoon away, then felt better. Beloved caught it late on the 25th and was able to go to bed and sleep it most of the way off.

Dalillama: Shepherd of Demonic Crocodiles.
Dalillama: Shepherd of Demonic Crocodiles.

Get well soon.

Headologist
Headologist

Get well soon David! Your dedication to this blog is always impressive, but your health is more important.

@Weatherwax :

MAYBE whisky? The whisky’s the most important part!

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Take it easy David, you’ve earned it.

Off topic, but adorable: Remember the little hologram girl that we talked about a few threads back that was kind of adorable but also a tad bit creepy with all of her “master” pleasing programming?

Jackie sent me this video, and I think it’s a good alternative! Meet Robi! Has all of the functionality of the hologram, but none of the creepy!

ModMyst

Keep hydrated and we’ll carry on making fun of Emperor Turnip.

Scildfreja UnnĂ½Ă°nes
Scildfreja UnnĂ½Ă°nes

ohmigod that’s adorable

Nequam
Nequam

@Bina: Hot and sour chicken noodle soup, even better! (I can post a recipe if people are interested)

occasional reader
occasional reader

I wish a prompt recovery to people with a seasonal cold.
Hot infusion with honey and lemon, or an old grog, may help !

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Get better soon, David.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

As much rest as you can, and plenty of fluids! I hope the cats are supportive and prepared to go along with a regime of cuddles now, any mayhem rescheduled for later. Get well soon!

Croquembouche of patriarchy
Croquembouche of patriarchy

My best wishes to everyone under the weather at the moment.

Since QE II has already been mentioned, is it OK if I ask whether anyone else here is niggled by the fact that this Starfleet Science officer is wearing her insignia on the wrong breast?

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Get all the rest you need to get better.

The winter bugs have been extra friendly to me as well. I’ve been fighting em off by wearing bathrobes and playing lots of Borderlands.

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

That sucks. I’ve been sick too since January 1st this year. Feeling better now, tough.

Neremanth, 329 year old Contributor to Society
Neremanth, 329 year old Contributor to Society

Get well soon, David! And take the time to rest and recover fully; Trump and the manosphere/alt-rightists will keep till you’re better.

Hope the rest of you with colds feel better soon too!

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

I had a cold a couple of weeks ago, but not a very bad one as colds go. Feel better everyone!

As for hot toddies, my dad used to make me drink one when I was a kid (complete with whisky) and I hated it. I used to beg my mom not to tell dad if she thought I was coming down with a cold. Still can’t stand ’em; tea* is about all you’ll get into me these days.

*When I’m sick, my coffee jones disappears for some reason and becomes a tea craving.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Alcohol is so unappealing to me when I’m sick. It’s funny because I drink a lot of wine and have a high tolerance for it. It’s a rare occasion that wine doesn’t sound good. Whiskey just sounds very, very gross right now.

I just had some chips and very hot habanero salsa that worked beautifully to clear my sinuses. But only temporarily unfortunately.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

Hope you’re feeling better soon. đŸ™‚

And in the meantime, here’s something amusing:

Exactly what it says on the tin. đŸ˜€

Elizabeth Regina
Elizabeth Regina

Get well soon.

Came on to recommend hot whiskey, was ninja’d and also it is kinda gross.

Take care.