#ResistTrump memes memespreading trump

Resist Trump today by meming it up with memes

I made a meme!

One thing we’ve learned over the past year is that memes can actually influence politics. Alas, we learned this lesson from the rise of the meme-obsessed neo-Nazi alt-right.

No, memes aren’t going to win over any hardcore Trump fans. But they may help to convince some less-committed Trump voters that they made a big mistake voting for the orange one. If nothing else, they’ll amuse other Trump Resisters, many of whom, like me, may be a little starved for amusement these days.

So make some memes! It’s easy as hell!

Turn old memes into anti-Trump (or anti-Republican) memes at Meme Generator and similar sites.

If you want to do more graphically, there are a ton of very useful free apps and sites to help you.

Paint.net — A handy free image editor for Windows, weirdly not located at Paint.net online.

Phixr — A basic all-around online editor that I use all the time.

Photomania — Good basic arty filters alongside some hokey effects.

Dreamscope — Great and often weird arty filters (including some creepy Deep Dream filters); used to be really slow but now much much quicker.

Lunapic — Some nice arty filters plus basic image editing tools.

And there are of course tons of mobile apps. Some of my favorite ones on Android include Prisma, Alter and Paintbrush (if you’re looking for weird arty filters). Try Fotor or PicsArt for more comprehensive editing tools.

Oh, and if you’re too lazy to carefully cut out Trump heads for your memes, other people have already done this for you! Go here for assorted exploitable Trump heads. Or just do an image search for “Trump head.”

Post your memes — or just some good ones you’ve found — in the comments below.

Then post them on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, wherever.

PS: If any of you have found good repositories of anti-Trump memes, on Facebook or elsewhere, link them in the comments below for a future #ResistTrump post.

Falconer

Gonna put his head on Tamatoa’s body and caption it ORANGE. Just as soon as I can keep my eyes open.

Aerinea
Aerinea

@Falconer What did Tamatoa do to deserve that? Yeah, I know he’s a gigantic cannibalistic coconut crab who has covered himself in gold and would also eat humans and demigods alike if he could all while sounding like Jemaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords, but does he really deserve to have Trump’s head photoshoped onto his body?

Kat
Kat

comment image

Kat
Kat

So jazzed that I am now an Interwebz artiste, just like the big kids! (With the exception of the haters. They’re not artists & they can go fuck themselves.)

Thanks, David, for the art instruction!

Kat
Kat

I’m a huge fan of Grumpy Cat:
comment image

robin
robin

Here’s one I made when Taibbi asked for images related to his new book “Insane Clown President”:

comment image

-robin

BritterSweet

I don’t know how I can combine this with Troompa Loompa, but I just wanted to share it anyway after finding it on a random Google Image browse.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

I don’t really understand memes, and my graphic design skills are limited to not going over the edges in colouring books, but here’s a moderately interesting article that people might be able to use as source material.

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Jesalin
Jesalin

Not Trump related but still important:

Judge rules doctors can refuse trans patients and women who have had abortions

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

This is my life now; cooking up forced memes to fight the highest office of the land.

I think though, that the people who voted for Trump won’t necessarily respond as you’d like to some of these; in fact, I can imagine a number of Trump supporters brandishing that “Unfit At Any Speed” macro with pride. There’s a lot of people for whom his incompetence is his appeal; he was a pure ‘spite’ vote.

kupo
kupo

Next time we get the working class economic anxiety argument, we can point to this: http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/1/4/14160956/trump-racism-sexism-economy-study

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Jesalin
It’s like having to patch a leaky roof. When one avenue of discriminating against trans and those who desire an abortion, they’ll try to drip through another way.
@banned
That would be the core of the core. They lose nothing in both status and wealth whether or not trump won.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

Makroth, that is my new favourite gif.

Rhuu
Rhuu

@kupo: Thanks for the link! I’ll have to read that more carefully later.

@Jesalin: I have no words. This is just awful.

Podkayne Lives (Soulless Golem)
Podkayne Lives (Soulless Golem)

I had initially read that headline yesterday as ‘Doctors can refuse treatment to trans women who’ve had abortions’, which confused the hell out of me for several seconds. (“Are the doctors confused? Am I confused? Oh, there’s a ‘patients and’ in there. FUCK.”)

Doesn’t something like three thousand years of medical ethics contradict this?

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Podkayne
Segregation and unethical experiments in the us where african americans were treated worse than guinea pigs says otherwise.

Joekster-betas bearded, sheeple shamed, dragons derailed. Reasonable rates.
Joekster-betas bearded, sheeple shamed, dragons derailed. Reasonable rates.

@jesalin: does that mean I can refuse to treat skinheads and anyone who comes into my hospital wearing a Trump hat?

Joekster-betas bearded, sheeple shamed, dragons derailed. Reasonable rates.
Joekster-betas bearded, sheeple shamed, dragons derailed. Reasonable rates.

More seriously, that ruling is wrong on so many levels. Doctors are not supposed to make moral judgements about our patients. That’s one of the touchstones of medical ethics. Our patients have to feel like they can be open and honest with us if we’re going to do them any good at all, and you can’t be open with someone who is judging you. That’s first year ethics.

We’re in trouble.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Podkayne, Ooglyboggles:
On top of that, there’s the whole ‘Catholic hospital’ standards where the hospital administration can be pretty much forbidden from performing abortions as long as there is still a detectable foetal heartbeat. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Savita_Halappanavar .

Even better, see http://www.catholicsforchoice.org/issues_publications/catholics-for-choice-memorandum-on-the-ethical-and-religious-directives-for-catholic-health-care-services/ which lists some specific cases of hospitals and doctors being punished for going against The Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services. Read that, and then think about how many regions in the U.S. don’t have service from anything other than Catholic hospitals these days…

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Jenora
Don’t heal the sick and deny them the options of seeking other people for help, just as jesus wanted /s

kupo
kupo

What other medical procedures can doctors discriminate against their patients for having? How about vasectomies, since every sperms is sacred? Wouldn’t want god to get irate with the doctor for treating such an evil, vile person.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

So huh, turns out that “whatever the fuck happened to democracy” is one hell of a rabbit hole, and we ain’t even seen the end yet.

Ineligibility of 50 Electoral College voters

Go figure.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@Sinkable John

Holy shit.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Jack

You know what would piss me off big time ? If he were “unpresidented” because of that. I mean, sure, I’ll take it. Hell yeah.

But there’s like a zillion good reasons to get rid of the guy, but instead of those, they decide he’s illegitimate because of Electoral College policies ? Meh.

Cynical Optimist
Cynical Optimist

@Sinkable John

When does it end?! Is this punishment for something in a past life?

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

comment image

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Yeah any argument for elites being better than the “rabble” is completely invalidated by voting in Trump. Seriously what the fuck is going on anymore?! This feels like an fbi thriller novel.

@Sinkable
In our modern day aristocracy only moneybags with memos stuck to them are worth listening to.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Sinkable John – Hey, they got Al Capone on taxes. Whatever it takes to prevent the Circus Peanut from assuming office or claiming a mandate.

As an added bonus, it removes the last remaining shreds of moral standing for the Republicans on the “voter fraud” issue.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

Republicans have morals? /s

Falconer

Oh great, three black people were absolutely horrible to a white man with a disability and a big, long post about “this proves that everyone can be racist and there is no institutional racism!!” came across my Tumblr.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

@Falconer

That’s why I’m very choosy with who I follow and stuff. I usually go back through at least 25 pages to make sure I follow a blog that isn’t shit; this is because you usually find uck crap within the first 25 pages.

Oh, yeah, the first three pages are good, yeah? But then you find “ace people aren’t LGBT”, “ship whatever you want! 🙂 *reblogs pedophialic incest*”, “*reblogs pics of white people in war bonnets*” the deeper you go in. And it’s not, like, the first 25 pages are from YEARS ago, first 25 pages are anything from a week or a couple of months unless it’s a fairly inactive blog.

It’s been pretty good system. I’ve only had to unfollow maybe three blogs because they posted, like, racist, anti-LGBTQIA+, ect. stuff. And two because they actually actively hated some of my favorite characters because I’m petty.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Jack

Make no concession.

Falconer

@Handsome Jack, yeah, that’s probably the best policy. So far I’ve only unfollowed one person, for being a TERF and also being earnest in their “fuck all men” posts.

I’m afraid I’m going to have to unfollow the person who reblogged the post I mentioned, because one of the posters in the thread used “cuck” and meant it.

@Sinkable John, there’s a two-year-old article going around again that purports to demonstrate that Steven Moffat doesn’t deserve to be employed. I got complacent, I guess. It’s been so long since there was any Moffat discourse that I followed several people who won’t watch Doctor Who as long as he is involved.

Falconer

OTOH, maybe I had better get off Tumblr altogether because all five of the next Steven Universe episodes have leaked in their entirety and they are all over Tumblr.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

Uh oh. Can we not be buds if I think Moffat is kinda gross and don’t want to interact with his art? Or is it just if I make it A Thing, like “if you watch Dr Who then you hate women!!!1!”

Falconer

@Viscaria, nah, I get that there’s privilege here on my part. If you don’t like Moffat, you don’t like Moffat. Last thing I want to do is try and force anything.

What got on my nerves was all the, “This is bad and you should feel bad!” going round Tumblr a couple years ago.

If you’d like, I won’t bring him up again. I have aunts and uncles and my best friend’s a YEC. I am adept at Avoiding Subjects.

I don’t want Doctor Who to come between me and anybody. So I guess I got a comment to walk back.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

You don’t need to walk it back! I don’t care in the least about your opinion of Steven Moffat, some British dude I will almost certainly never meet. I was just worried that the implied conclusion of your comment was “and I accidentally followed some people who really dislike Moffat, which was a mistake, because clearly those people are trashfires from poop hell” and I was like D:

Falconer

Duck. I wasn’t trying to imply that you were an insufferable dogmatism, Viscaria.

Falconer

Well, I haven’t actually unfollowed anyone but this woman who turned out all TERFy.

It just, the Moffat Discourse was making Beloved all anxious and causing her to question her own ability to read media and form her own opinion, to the point where she did not feel comfortable talking to her own sister about the whole show, despite her sister’s grooming bag having the TARDIS on it, for fear of having to stop watching the show entirely.

So it got fraught and I tried to avoid the subject on Tumblr.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

Okay good! Phew! Sorry @ all for thread derail.

Yeah, sorry all.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I have this weird thing where I mostly agree with feminist criticisms of Moffat but I still end up liking his stuff. Coupling is so incredibly men are from Mars, women are from Venus and yet it has me cackling with laughter. I don’t know what it is.

Handsome (Punkle Stan) Jack

I don’t know if you know about it, but XKit has a blacklist feature for tags and such which I’ve been using for Steven Universe Bomb leak (along with other stuff). But, yeah know, a few weeks off Tumblr won’t hurt none either.

RE: Discourse

Xkit helps with that, too. The people who I unfollowed often talked a lot, A LOT of shit about Solas and Blackwall from Dragon Age and Jasper from Steven Universe, which I wouldn’t have mind, but they also posted in the main tags and often. Usually the procedure is that if you’re gonna talk shit about a character, you put it in a “[character] hate” or “[blank] discourse” tag so people can blacklist it and definitely not put it in the main fandom tags.

(Oooo, I deleted a goddamn rant about the Solas/Blackwall hater because they were a Cullen stan and I’m not goddamn going into it even though I goddamn will at the drop of the hat. Let’s just say they and a bunch of other similar Cullen stans where a huge, HUGE reason I started hating Cullen so much I have him blacklisted on Tumblr AND even unfollowed certain people for not tagging Cullen posts so I can blacklist him…I’m getting better now. I’m thinking about reevaluating him and maybe not hating him as much, I just have to stay away from Cullen stans is all.)

PaganReader

Not a meme, but:

Headologist
Headologist

Honestly I had to stop watching Dr Who because of Moffat – not because he is a Bad Person (I found that out later) but because I just thought it was…. Bad. I occasionally watch the specials with people and honestly it’s still pretty pants. And yet I loved the first few lots of Sherlock (need to catch up) more than any reasonable person should, despite obvious hackneyed ableism and the absence of a single even remotely well-written female character. So (Tl;dr) while I’m thoroughly on the Moffat is a Bad Person bandwagon, I think people who make others feel bad for enjoying stuff he’s involved with are hipster less-problematic-than-thou arseholes.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

First, @Falconer, I didn’t see your post about your beloved when I left my last comment. I would definitely not have replied “oh good, phew!” if I’d read your story about her doubting her own judgement, because that really sucks :-/.

I definitely enjoy work produced by some awful people. Moffat is not one of them, for a bunch of boring reasons. But for me to judge other people for liking his work would be massively hypocritical.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Hope you don’t mind, seeing as we’re kind of drifting into fandom and tumblr a bit … but can anyone recommend a way of downloading all the images from my own tumblr to my computer? (I have a tumblr essentially for one reason only – to collect pictures) (bearing in mind that I am a total techno-klutz). Thanks for any recs!

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@opposable
They’re free to boot. If you are worried about some possibility for malware I can recommend you some valued and credible freeware virus protection programs.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

I’m not aware of the Moffat thing. Is that something I should google right now, or should I spare myself the pain until at least this afternoon ? ’cause I just got up, and also I kinda like Moffat.

(that’s a serious question, by the by : I had a pretty shitty night and my mood’s rather precarious right now)

@Jack

As long as people don’t hate on Bull, I can go ahead and live my life while being blissfully ignorant of Dragon Age fandom.