antifeminism bad science crackpottery entitled babies gender policing misogyny return of kings

Watch out, gals, or feminism will give you a man-jaw, dude who hates feminists explains

They started with the unisex pants,. Then moved on to fingers. Next stop, UNISEX JAWLINES?

Ladies! Have you felt your jaw lately? Does it seem a bit … square to you? Maybe a little bit too square?

This could be the result of TOO MUCH FEMINISM, according to some dude who writes for the ongoing internet dumpster fire known as Return of Kings.

In a recent post looking at the allegedly dire results of fifty years of feminism, “Relampago Furioso” warns that one of the most dire “end results of feminism” is the proliferation of “man-jawed women” who look sorta like dudes.

Mr. Furioso quotes, without linking to it, a recent study that looked to see if feminist activist lady women are more “masculinized” than your standard issue lady women.

The study-conductors gave feminist activists a test to see how bossy they are, and measured the length of their ring and index fingers, because apparently fetuses exposed to a more masculine mix of sex hormones at a critical stage of their stay in the womb end up with ring fingers longer than their index fingers.

Turned out the feminist activist lady women were pretty bossy, and they also had “significantly more masculine 2D:4D” finger ratios!

And so, despite the fact that the only physically “masculine” trait discussed in the research is this finger thing — which is determined by sex hormones in the womb, not by anything one does as an adult — Mr. Furioso seems to think that feminist “indoctrination” will cause ladies to develop unsightly “man-jaws.”

If you think women are becoming manlier—they are. In fact, it’s becoming clearer sexual dimorphism (distinct male and female appearance and behavior) is an enemy of social engineers who want to see the sexes blend into one androgynous human pod in the coming generations.

An androgynous human pod? OH NO IT’S ALREADY HAPPENING!

Mr. Furioso quotes from the bossy lady finger study, and then offers this “translation.”

Feminists have a ton of testosterone coursing through their veins, and as more women are taught to act like men instead of being nurturing mothers even more man-jaws will emerge in the years ahead.

Lady from esurance ad, your rebuttal?

Mr. Furioso, your final statement?

It seems social engineers are catering to already existing instincts in women by encouraging them to be copies of men rather than copies of their grandmothers, bringing out the worst in women rather than the best.

Wait, this dude writing for a website run by a pickup artist who fetishizes very young women wants women to be copies of their grandmothers?

Honestly, dudes, do you actually think any of this through before posting it?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Copies of our grandmothers, huh? Let’s see.

I could be good at math and finances and marry a man the manosphere would consider a beta and be the more dominant one in the relationship. That would be if I copied my maternal grandma.

If I copied my paternal grandmother I would be a bit more traditional and much more conservative. But I would still swear, do welding next time there’s a world war (which could be soon with Trump and Putin about to run buckwild across the globe) and chase off a would be mugger.

Would that be acceptably feminine and submissive for these guys?

bekabot
bekabot

I can fix that, assuming it’s a Thing and a real problem. Just convince men with square chins not to breed — or, if they must reproduce, not to sire girls.

There, problem solved. Now it’s up to Mr. Furioso and his amici to start ginning-up the requisite propaganda and such memes as seem needful. If they want to start a social movement, here’s one that’s calling out their names. It would be lax of them to let it pass them by. Don’t you think?

kupo
kupo

Wait, so copying men brings our the worst in women? I know it’s a constant refrain around here, but there’s no misandrist like a misogynist.

kale
kale

what kind of a garbage study is that? yeesh.

well at least poor Lamark still has fans?

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

The true Vagenda of Manocide!

Feminists have a ton of testosterone coursing through their veins

Except male feminists, cos reasons

even more man-jaws will emerge in the years ahead

The downside being…?

Bina

If that were true, I would expect my clit to grow to an astronomical size as well. It hasn’t. It’s still as tiny as ever it was. And my jaw still looks the same as it did before I’d ever even heard of feminism: narrow and slightly triangular. I was never particularly maternal, so nothing’s changed THERE, either. I’m child-free by choice.

Verdict: Feminism changes nothing of a woman’s anatomy, OR a man’s. What it does do, is free both from idiotically narrow and oppressive standards around gender and appearance.

Biology: learn some.

Moocow

Perhaps he would be shocked to discover that almost every human being produces both testosterone and estrogen?

Aw, isn’t it cute, he equates feminism to ‘women acting like men’. Clearly one of those “any women I dislike and any women exhibiting a trait I don’t like is automatically a feminist”

This sounds like the Alex Jones “fruit boxes are filled with estrogen to make your kid homosexual” conspiracy with an extra dose of misogyny.

@kupo

It can never be repeated enough!

BGHilton

Speaking as someone who has no idea what feminism is or what hormones are, I think this guy might be onto something.

(Also a little hazy on what a ‘jaw’ is)

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

My ring finger is noticeably shorter than my index finger. I guess that means I can’t feminise?

And yes, Larmarckian evolution is not a thing. Now, if it turns out that women with square jaws are more attractive to men and therefore more likely to breed… but surely THAT would never happen.

Lea
Lea

Where do these people go to school?

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

I feel compelled to read the whole thing through, because I am just perplexed how a person would believe in Lamark concerning biology. A mouse that loses its tail isn’t going suddenly have tailless mice.

By contrast, evolutionary psychology observes that the basic pattern of psychological differences between the sexes can be explained by their having essentially different innate adaptations associated with, most importantly, women investing considerably more resources into offspring through pregnancy and breast-feeding (e.g., Buss, 2012). Males are By contrast, evolutionary psychology observes that the basic pattern of psychological differences between the sexes can be explained by their having essentially different innate adaptations associated with, most importantly, women investing considerably more resources into offspring through pregnancy and breast-feeding (e.g., Buss, 2012). Males are more aggressive and risk-taking on average, because these traits have paid off historically in terms of increased fitness, given that male-male aggression and risk-taking in the pursuit of resource acquisition have led to more offspring. This would thus explain why males tend to dominate professions where these traits are necessary for success, such as in the military, business, politics and even crime, where competition is high. Females are on average more sociable and empathic than males, because caring for offspring and negotiating social relations that promote their survival until they reach reproductive age ensured that the mother’s genes live on. Hence women dominate professions where these traits are maximally valued, such as teaching, social work, and in human and veterinary medicine (Lippa, 2010). This social dimension is tapped by one pole of the people-things dimension (Prediger, 1982), which exhibits an effect size in excess of 1.0 and ranks amongst the largest inter-sex differences (Lippa, 2010).of resource acquisition have led to more offspring. This would thus explain why males tend to dominate professions where these traits are necessary for success, such as in the military, business, politics and even crime, where competition is high. Females are on average more sociable and empathic than males, because caring for offspring and negotiating social relations that promote their survival until they reach reproductive age ensured that the mother’s genes live on. Hence women dominate professions where these traits are maximally valued, such as teaching, social work, and in human and veterinary medicine (Lippa, 2010). This social dimension is tapped by one pole of the people-thingsdimension (Prediger, 1982), which exhibits an effect size in excess of 1.0 and ranks amongst the largest inter-sex differences (Lippa, 2010).

“See evo psych proves it never mind that evo psych is notorious for being known as pseudoscience pushed by racist institutions alongside multiple media that constantly enforces gender roles, and also ignore societies that frankly disprove said things.”

amandajane5
amandajane5

Wait, more like my grandmother? The one who met my grandfather in the Navy? I don’t usually think these dudes are big on women in the military…

Tara the Antisocial Social Worker
Tara the Antisocial Social Worker

My ring finger’s longer than my index finger.

Also, my grandma was widowed young, and ran the store by herself while raising her kids to be solid citizens. Still had kind of a pointy chin, though.

DrHoveiny
DrHoveiny

The ad is from Skokie, yaay!

And I’m a proud owner of (2) long ring fingers. Should I more prominently display them to repel guys like Mr. Furioso?

Also, has he SEEN Angelina Jolie?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

My index and ring fingers are about the same length. What does that mean?

RosieLa
RosieLa

Copying my maternal grandmother would have me creating my country’s first abortion clinic and being a “women’s libber” and fighting until my mid-80s to get more women into Parliament. This is the same woman who worked as a financial advisor until she turned 80. Her mission for decades was to ensure that all women, no matter how enmeshed with their husbands they were, had their own bank accounts that only they could access, and that there was enough money for them if they ever needed to say, flee, or suddenly raise some children (or get an abortion that he couldn’t know about).

Copying my paternal grandmother would have me working towards single-payer healthcare, and being a social worker supporting new mothers < 19 years of age so that they didn't succumb to substance use in desperation since (oddly enough) the sperm donors didn't seem to be around all that much.

Which grandmother do you think the MRAs would hate more??? I'll be that one!

iknklast
iknklast

I am like my grandmother. I don’t think these guys would have liked my grandmother. She was more educated than my grandfather (she went to college; he didn’t finish high school). She worked right alongside him to keep the farm going through the depression, while raising her children. She worked in a professional job her entire life, and it was because of her income that they didn’t lose the farm when so many others were packing up and heading for California…and she was a suffragette.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Oh god my hand is bigger than my face OW

tim gueguen

I wonder what kind of women this silly willy likes, because by the standards of many of his kind the grandmothers of today’s supposed masculinised women would be fat. Of course by “copies of their grandmothers” he actually means that they’d be obedient to men, because of course no women was anything but obedient to men before feminism was invented circa 1974.

Moocow

My index finger is longer than my ring finger. Clearly I’ve been slacking on feminism!

Kat
Kat

Ohhh, Mister Manospherian, did you just discover the 2004 film about USA suffragists Iron-Jawed Angels?

Did you then decide to just make up a bunch of stuff about feminists based on that title?

You manospherians are certainly a lazy bunch!

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Well, my left ring finger is longer than my left index finger, but my right ring and index fingers are about the same length . . .

eli
eli

@Hippodameia

We’re opposites!

But seriously, this all made me google a bit and I found this:

which linked back here:

The whole jaw aspect puts a nice new spin on old bad science though.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

I can’t shake the feeling we’ve discussed something similar to this before.

Paging Scildfreja! Would Scildfreja please come to the thread? Your science skills are needed!

Dudebros still can’t science for shit can they?

Also, I lol’d at the implication that men can’t nurture. Man, do these dudes hate men!

I only have one grandmother in my life, since my sperm-donor was a jackass of the lowest order.

You know what kind of a woman she is? She raised four children (mostly by herself since grandpa was in the navy and working because back then one paycheck could support a family), while moving all around the country to support my grandpa and his work.

She also told my grandpa the day they got married something I carry with me to this day: “You may be bigger than me, and if you hit me I can’t fight back, but if you do, don’t ever go to sleep around me.”

She wouldn’t have hesitated. And my grandpa, gods rest his soul, was a far more decent human being than these lowlives could ever hope to be. He never laid a hand on my grandma in his life. He was a generous, caring person, and he loved his family to the day he died.

Also, my grandma and I had a conversation a few months back where I told her some of the things I’ve read on WHTM. We got onto the tangent of how most men don’t know how to cook or clean for themselves, and my grandma tutted as grandmas do and huffed “They expect women to do all their work for them because they’re too lazy do it themselves!”

In other words, grandma expects men to fucking help around the house and cook and clean.

Oh, and she’s as bossy as a mother of four can be. She had to raise two boys, two girls (including my momma), and she had to run a tight as fuck ship. Oh, and she also helped raise all six of her grandkids, myself included.

These dorks wouldn’t last five minutes in my grandma’s house.

Also, my ring fingers are longer than my index fingers. I am obviously a feminine plant, following my orders direct from Katie in enemy territory! I find other feminine women and lure them to the dark side with promises of not dating douchebags like a RoK writer! There’s also witchcraft involved, but that’s just to make tea.

Moocow

@PI

God, misogynists just love that argument: Well you see, men and women are just good at different things. Women are good at nurturing and childcare, Men are good at literally everything else.

It’s totally fair and balanced, just like fox news!

Shadowplay
Shadowplay

@PI

Your last line made me laugh for about 5 minutes solid. Thank you for that.

weakling
weakling

Can anyone give me recommendations for good literature to encourage jaw growth? Will protesting help? I’ve got a woefully weak jaw and would love to add a little definition

Kat
Kat

WATCH: The idea of being “fair” toward white nationalists shouldn’t be tolerated

President of Media Matters Angelo Carusone points out that the biggest pipeline into white nationalism is the men’s “rights” movement.

Schnookums Von Fancypants, Purveyor of Misandrist Klondike Bars
Schnookums Von Fancypants, Purveyor of Misandrist Klondike Bars

Okay, so confession time: when I read the headline I thought it said “Man-Jew” instead of “Man-Jaw” and was like “What the actual fuck are they blathering about now?”

And you know what? Even with the correct words…well…there’s still only one proper response:

epronovost
epronovost

@Ooglyboggles

Evolutionnary psychology isn’t a pseudoscience. Most of what this field of study produce is excellent and shines a new light on human development and behavior. Of course, like all science, it has its cranks and its overly simplistic and poor vulgarisation attempts. What you presented is a good example of a bunk. Women have been found to be just as aggressive and violent than men on average. Thus, the premiss of the study you quoted is false. Men don’t dominate the millitary or fund-trading business because they are more aggressive and risk taking by nature. They do dominate those fields in our society and culture, but not because of our evolutionnary past. There is good stuff in evolutionnary psychology. It has an interesting approach and makes good researches more often than not. It would be a shame to throw away the baby with the water.

Karalora
Karalora

TIL that the ideas you espouse will change your actual bone structure.

gijoel
gijoel

Looks like the article is from a bullshit pay to publish site.

PaganReader

So many awesome Grandmas in this thread. 🙂

Vanir85
Vanir85

Well… At least he acknowledges that women HAVE natural “masculine” instincts. Most of these yahoos seem to think any assertiveness or independence or whatever is utterly alien to the female gender, and just something feminists tricked women into… emulating? Maybe?

-Kat

I guess if you first start seeing *someone* (women) as subhuman – it becomes easier to dehumanize others as well. In the end, the only “real” people become those that look and think exactly like you.

Sad… really.
But I still want my 100 scalps.

Vanir85
Vanir85

Evolutionnary psychology isn’t a pseudoscience.

– Epronovost

Maybe not. But these kinds of sciences ALWAYS ends up being used by fascists and bigots to justify their evil. And having SCIENCE on their side (or thinking they do) ALWAYS emboldends them.

I don’t think its worth it.
If the baby goes out with the bathwater, so be it.

DL
DL

As an afab nb person let me tell you that I do have longer ring fingers compared to my index ones and that, although not tested, I always thought I probably have more testosterone than the average cis woman.

Still, don’t know why that’s a problem to misogynists since they think womanhood and femininity are so faulty, so shouldn’t “””women becoming more masculine/like men””” be a good thing? But I guess they do feel so entitled to Females™ it doesn’t matter.

Honestly I wonder why I still try to make sense of their logic. Always disappointing, really.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Evolutionnary psychology isn’t a pseudoscience.

Hey, palaeontologist here.

Yes it bloody well is. It’s a pile (I could finish my sentence right there, but let’s continue anyway) of unverifiable, navel-gazey just-so stories, written to justify pre-decided conclusions and espoused wholely and solely by “Scientific” racists and “Rational” misogynists. You might as well believe in homeopathy or astrology; at least they weren’t designed to prop up cishet while male supremacy.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

Same thing that Hippodameia.
And i have the right hand slightly bigger than the left.
I do not know, maybe the size of fingers and hands are also greatly influenced by what you do with them (just compare the hands of a pianist and the ones of a construction worker), rather than just some kind of hormones.

Anyway, the good length for the index is the one which allows you to pick your nose quietly…

And since when a square jaw is a definitive male trait ? Jaw is clearly not a sexual dismorphism, ot you have to admit that non square jaw is a female trait, and then… Jesus would have been the daughter of god (for the believers), according to the general drawing. See ? Me too i can make ludicrous pseudo science !

> Paradoxical Intention – Resident Cheeseburger Slut
(to the bun post) I remember this one too. I am pretty sure that if they can argue about the shape and/or the length of the nails, they would. Any tiny bit of a body that do not fit their expectation may be a subject of ranting, it seems.
Maybe they just want clones…

Have a nice day.

Elizabeth Regina
Elizabeth Regina

Evo-psych; one step up from phrenology.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

So I started reading the wall-o-text quoted by ooglyboggles and noticed it’s almost entirely duplicated sections. Here’s my strategic section breaks, you see that only the short middle section is not duplicate:

No really.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

They’re star-bellied Sneetches, so unsure of their self-worth that they’ve been reduced to staring at their own fingers and jaws, consumed with anxiety that people might not be able to see a clear difference between them and the inferior, hated Other. No wonder they’re easy marks for grifters, conmen, fake news, junk science, and kleptocrats.

Vanir85
Vanir85

So…

“Don’t embrace feminism – or horrible misogynist men will find you less attractive.”

2 sec…

*Throws all razors, signs up for a dozen protests, gets a cat, starts pumping iron, binge-reads on political lesbianism, and buys all the scented candles.*

SAFE!

Weird (resist trump today) Eddie
Weird (resist trump today) Eddie

yeah…

I’d feel sorry for them, but the real tragedy is, there are SOOOOO MANYYYYY of them….

Rhuu
Rhuu

So this study looked at women who were more likely aware of gender roles and social pressures on women to be meek and follow a man’s authority to determine if they were ‘bossy’? A word which is pretty much uniquely used to suppress young girls from showing any sorts of leadership qualities?

And they concluded that these women, who probably are not down with the idea that men should make all decisions, are ‘bossy’.

And this is a hundred page study???

Also, “””””bossy”””””????? Seriously?

I still want to ‘ban’ the word bossy. Let’s make it socially unnacceptable to crush a girl’s esteem.

Bossy wasn’t a problem for me, but ‘teachers pet’ was. I was good in school, and often knew the answers. I don’t know when it started, but i remember the realisation that i should just not give them. Let someone else answer. I would wait until there was that uncomfortable silence that stretches before actually raising my hand.

I was a pretty lonely kid for a few years, and often found it easier to interact with adults than with kids my own age.

I think the two things sort of worked together to make me more hesitant about asserting myself, which i am trying to overcome.

None of this was genetic, people who worte the paper. It was all societal pressures. I realised i would have more interaction with my peers if i didn’t look as smart. (I have never thought of it like that. DAMMIT i hate that i was a girl who made herself look less intelligent to potentially hang out with people. ARGH)

In other words:

comment image

Taken from this article, about another terrible study using self reported results to conclude that women are prefered 2-1 in hiring decisions for STEM positions. Ugh.

Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight
Christina Nordlander, Emperor's White Knight

Lamarckian evolutionary science is still well and good, it seems.

@DL: yeah, I thought so too. If you really believed women were inferior, wouldn’t the ideal solution be for humans to evolve to a state where women were more like men? But no, then they might have to start treating us with respect, and screw that.

I never knew my biological maternal grandmother, but my paternal grandmother was an academic who was fluent in at least four languages, single-handedly raised and provided for three young children when my grandfather was long-term hospitalised, and worked in internal security during the war. Not to mention, she was incredibly intelligent and just an awesome person. I’d love to be even half the woman she was.

Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution
Viscaria, product of 20,000 evolution

Emulate my grandmothers? The one who did all of the taxes for the farm every year since she was 12, and who worked for decades in the post office to support her family? Or the one who dropped out of high school when she got married (they’d probably like that bit) but later, once her children were out of the house, earned her GED and then an education degree, and had a successful career as a teacher?

There’s much to admire about how both of my grandmothers lived their lives, but I think I’d rather live a life more like the lives they wish they could have lead, if only they’d had more opportunities. My paternal grandmother’s greatest regret has always been that she didn’t go to University, which is why she always encouraged me to get an education. My maternal grandmother would have never gotten married so young if the state of medical science at the time allowed women to get pregnant into their 30s.

Pol
Pol

Don’t tempt me to comment about the existence of “gender” as a supposed scientific fact. Oh, please don’t…

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Pol

Yeah, no. Please do not be tempted. We don’t really care for your “science”.

Pol
Pol

“My science”? Look Sinkable, science is not a subjective thing: it is objective. So there is no such thing as “my science”, OK?

Science does not care for mine or yours. It just IS, in an objective way.

1 2 3