antifeminism mansplaining men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit vaginas

What do feminists want? One ludicrous misogynist has an explanation

Feminism, apparently
Feminism, apparently

Feminists! If you’ve been wondering why you’re a feminist and what you believe, I’ve got some great news for you. A dude in the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit has the answer, and will be happy to explain you to you. It involves grunting.

534543543543 3 points 23 hours ago They want to come into a male space, grunt, point to their vagina, and have the entire conversation be about them and include them. They somehow think this is different than every other woman. It's becoming increasingly apparent that women did not evolve critical thinking or abstraction, likely due to the incredible biological tole of having to bring a child to bear (not that this has any relevance to the life of a feminist). AWALT (to the feminists in this thread, who do not deserve individual recognition): Tits or get the fuck out. The quota on bloody cum rags is full, and we don't give a shit about what you're lying about now. When all you do is lie, we learn to stop taking you seriously. Go get dicked on tinder and pretend your life has meaning. No one gives a shit what a woman thinks. Women are inferior to men and you feminists proved that to everyone. Thank you. No. Thank you.

No, thank you!

EDITED TO ADD: There’s PROOF of this whole grunting thing. I found a super-seekrit training video in which a woman teaches other women to grunt!

Valkyrine
Valkyrine

So I don’t know if this is the case everywhere but aren’t bandaids free of tax? If that’s the case then why are tampons and pads supposed to be luxury items when they are meant for pretty much the same thing?

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@Handsome Jack

Aw, Gawd. You’re giving me ideas and I like them.

I’m half-tempted to request a channel we can communicate privately over just so we can shoot the shit about Things without Miggy’s screeds (and the measured responses of our community) between the terms we output.

Belladonna "Toxic Hag"
Belladonna "Toxic Hag"

wwth

Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like I didn’t think you already knew that. I guess, just, if they’re revising history, why not the YMCA, too. I mean, I heard one of the branches let someone’s Atheist grandma swim in their pool*. It’s almost like they’re not trying to be an exclusive safe place for young Christian men at all, anymore. 😉

Of course, more to your point, I agree that the YMCA doesn’t seem anywhere near as cool or current.

*I made this up.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I’m an atheist who kicked ass at NES games (especially Mario) as a kid and competed for a YMCA swim team all while feeemaaale.

I accomplished so much misandry before I even hit puberty. My heart swells with pride.

SpleenyBadger
SpleenyBadger

@sunnysombrero – I just wanted to say that a friend of mine was borderline phobic about smears (due to a history of sexual abuse… long horrible story) so she spoke to her doc who prescribed her a mild sedative. She told the clinic ahead of time that she’d be woozy, so she arrived medicated, had the procedure done while relaxed and a little out of it, and was treated very kindly and carefully by the clinic staff throughout. I don’t know if meds are appropriate for you, but maybe this is an option to talk to your doc about? Good luck. 🙂

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

@Miggs

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

@Troubelle

I can probably get the few other people who know Borderlands to participate by mentioning that I found the doc I have where I sorted all the characters from all four games into Hogwarts houses.

As we know, Hogwart houses are super cereal biz.

(Besides, this thread is pretty much about a Migwhoever talking about periods anyway so meh.)

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@Handsome Jack

o-o

First thing to spring to mind: where’d’ja put Hammerlock? (I don’t know why, that just Happened.)

PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Noice) Sarcastic

I’m still cracking up that Little Adami thinks that people with government jobs are somehow paid with different currency and spends that currency in some super sekrit manner that is divorced from the US economy.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

@Troubelle

Ravenclaw, of course.

Surprisingly, I managed to sort 39 characters (although I think I forgot a few) pretty much equally into houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin all have ten while Ravenclaw has nine.

Falconer
Falconer

When you create these jobs, what you do is you take money away from others in the form of taxes in order to create these jobs. The money that you take from people in order to create these jobs is money that could have been spent actually stimulating the economy through purchases made on goods and services in the private sector.

How come government money is all empty calories when it comes to what a federal employee spends it on, and all ra-ra free market economy-driving forces when it’s given to a defense contractor and they pay their employees to produce an F-22 Raptor the military doesn’t want?

I bet it all comes down to you don’t like taxes because you wanted to spend that money yourself, on yourself. Well tough. Contributing to society is the price of being in a society. It’s an oblige, even if it’s not very noblesse.

And we don’t need “makework” jobs right now. We have crumbling infrastructure. Let’s have government programs that give money to the states that they can only spend on roads, bridges, sewers, power grid, and the like. None of this block-grant crap that just gives money to the states with no instruction. I’m sure there’s plenty more things that need work, too.

Falconer
Falconer

@Belladonna “Toxic Hag”

Classic X-Com has got to be one of my all-time favorite games. I love the 2012 remake, but there’s just something about a squad full of blond(e) flat-tops with overalls and dinky little rifles taking on monsters out of the darkness that it just didn’t capture.

Also, the only other person in college who played X-Com, to my knowledge, was an asshole. So I may still have lots of pent-up squeeing to do. Fortunately, Beloved took to it after I introduced it to her.

LindsayIrene

Damn, Miggs disappears from this thread just when I find some more gifs for him. Oh, well, here goes.

comment image

comment image

comment image

comment image

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@Handsome Jack

Certainly not out of suspension of disbelief.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

@Troubelle

I admit, I waffled between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw but the fact most of the missions he sends you on is to gather information about Pandorian wildlife and wants to get recognition for his work pushed him into Ravenclaw.

What would you sort him in, if you would divulge? (TBH, I’ve been wanting to get a more opinions on my list anyway in case I forgot something.)

Belladonna "Toxic Hag"
Belladonna "Toxic Hag"

@wwth

Honestly, you’re my hero! I don’t think I managed anywhere near that much misandry before I hit puberty. 🙁

@Falconer

Oh, me too! Squee! I loved classic X-Com. Little, dark, square grid maps with scary aliens popping up in the worst places, and so on. I could have sworn there were some brown guys on my squad, too, though. Am I revising my memory? Not the women, though. I think they all had blonde ponytails.

I loved the 2012 remake, too, but I had a really hard time dealing with entire countries unfriending me over totally impossible choices. I’m sure that’s just my girly perspective on gaming.

TreePerson
TreePerson

@Falconer
Honestly compared to the new tanks that are commissioned while bone yards are full of the exact same model of tank the F-22 is a bargain simply because they will actually be flown.

I would really prefer my tax dollars go to NASA
(or even -gasp- tampons!) instead tanks no one wants.

Falconer
Falconer

@Belladonna “Toxic Hag”

Oh yeah, in the loadout screen, the squaddies had variety in skin tone and randomized name, but on the Battlescape(R) everyone was either blond flat-top or blond ponytail.

It was a little annoying.

Not nearly as annoying as the (almost literally) tantalizing decisions the remake presented to me, that’s true. I managed to keep all the countries happy more because I was playing on easy than through any skill of mine.

Yeah, I play on easy. I always tell myself that I’m learning the game and when I get done I will come back and up the difficulty, but it never happens. I’m not one of those insecure generals who needs to win a lot of battles gamers who wants to beat other gamers.

Pie
Pie

@Belladonna

I’m pretty certain that the battlefield sprites only had one male, one female, both white and blond. The equipment screen sprites were a bit more nuanced, though. Someone has been good enough to extract the original images and post them online:
comment image

Terror from the deep had more art assets, but it has been so long since I even looked at that game I really can’t remember what the in-battle soldiers looked like. Never did complete it, now I think about it. Maybe its time to re-install.

Never tried the modern remake. The tiny squad limits in all such games just irritate me.

Beth
Beth

@sunnysombrera – I recommend asking for a metal speculum instead of plastic. My last pap smear was done with a metal speculum; I’d always had them done with plastic ones before, and they hurt. This time, I barely felt anything. It just tickled a little.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@Handsome Jack

I agree with your decision. The sort to seek knowledge and so forth–it only makes sense, and it’s what occurred to my mind first.

Simon Hales

@TreePerson

That is a lot of tanks 🙂

Sounds like the US “defense” industry needs something like the Lucas Plan to turn all that industrial capacity to something socially useful…

Belladonna "Toxic Hag"
Belladonna "Toxic Hag"

@Pie and Falconer
I’m side-eying myself really hard right now for remembering the load screen had men of color but not remembering it had women of color. It’s kind of hard to figure out exactly what my brain was doing 20 years ago, though, so I guess I’ll just try and put up some warning signs and do better.

Thanks for the picture, though, Pie. That was a nice nostalgic rush!

Falconer, I started the remake on normal, but after losing a country, I restarted on easy. I don’t actually think there’s any amount of skill that can let you avoid losing countries on higher difficulty settings. The intent is that one way the difficulty is increased is that you are forced to lose countries and then have to proceed with the game with more constrained resources. Civ games are kind of the same way. To win at the hardest difficulty levels, I think you have to be able to roll with some losses and keep on trucking. But I can’t take the psychological hit and will just start over, so I’ve never made it beyond Prince difficulty.

Mostly I play games with story and only like a little bit of challenge (with exceptions like Ori and the Blind Forest, which was pretty hard but still the best platformer ever in the history of games). I’ll spend hours reloading and exploring conversation trees in Bioware games and deciding exactly what I want my character to say, but I want to just mostly roll through the combat with low amounts of risk, let the AI manage my allies, have a basic feeling of awesome, and get on with the story. So I guess I’m not a real “hardcore,” but I spend a hell of a lot of money on games, and I think a reasonable portion of the market of both men and women gamers is likely a little bit the same way.

I only played Wolfenstein The New Order for about an hour, because I just couldn’t get past being offended by the difficulty settings. I mean, I thought it had kind of an intriguing storyline and some interesting characters, but if the game designers thought I was a big baby or a slack-jawed idiot for wanting to enjoy those aspects of their game, then they clearly thought those things weren’t worth playing for. So why should I think they will be? And no more of my dollars are going to Bethesda because of it. No Doom reboot or Fallout 4 for me. (Not that I’m hurting them much.)

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Okay, just making sure because it kinda sounds like you weren’t 100% on board, not that I mind. It’s kinda hard to put any character into a house exactly. Heck, it’s hard for people even. I actually was a hatstall between Ravenclaw and Slytherin for Pottermore (and of course I picked Slytherin because that’s the house I’ve always been sorted into and Slytherin is the best). It’s not a perfect system and people are gonna disagree because of character interpretations.

Anyway, here’s my entire list because why the hell not.

Gryffindor: Axton, Ellie, Gaige, Handsome Jack, Lilith, Loader Bot, Mordecai, Moxxi, Salvador, Sasha

Hufflepuff: Athena, Claptrap, Fiona, Gortys, Krieg, Maya, Roland, Timothy, Torgue, Wilhelm

Ravenclaw: August, Dr. Zed, Felix, Hammerlock, Marcus, Nakayama, Nisha, Tannis, Tina

Slytherin: Angel, Aurelia, Brick, Janey, Rhys, Scooter, Vasquez, Vaughn, Yvette, Zer0

Cubist

sez MrsObedMarsh: “I’m still curious about how to arrest my biological functions! Can you explain it now?”
Step one: Find a coöperative law-enforcement officer…

Kat
Kat

@Cubist, @MrsObedMarsh
I’ve noticed that abusers like to make demands.

These demands are easy to state but impossible to carry out.

I think that abusers get a charge of out saying obnoxious things. It makes them feel powerful. Even if they have less than a snowball’s chance in hell of anyone doing as they say, they love to say the words.

I suppose that’s why one jerk says, “Hail Trump!”

And another jerk says, “Learn to control your bleeding.”

Kat
Kat

And here’s what I tried to add at the end of my comment (curse you, Edit Mammoth!):

Same, same.

It’s jerks all the way down.

Kat
Kat

Carolina Herrera says it’s an honor to dress Melania Trump

Hmmm.

I suppose I’ll have to continue to not buy Carolina Herrera gowns.

booburry
booburry

I’m curious if there is an actual medical reason that vagina probes for lack of a better term would hurt more for “virgins”? I keep thinking about it and it just seems like something that I’ve heard a ton of times that might be based on old ideas of hymens and the notion that vaginas stretch out of shape and never go back after piv sex. heard this for tampons as well but I don’t remember any comfort difference for myself with tampons before or after being sexually active. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

@boobury

I think the whole “hurts vagina” thing goes to the fact that people inexperienced and uneducated about sex don’t know how to rev up a vagina (or even use lube) so it’s actually prepared for sex and instead going in when it’s dry as a bone and basically not ready, which hurts and can tear hymens and cause bleeding and stuff.

And, again, the whole “stretching out” thing probably has to do with the fact that the vaginal muscles do loosen when aroused and with people not knowing shit about vaginas, some would assume it’s because lots of sex because obviously the person is a slut if they’re having sex.

All of this is likely because sex has been a taboo in the US, and the vagina is just soooo mysterious, thus people are uneducated about it. I don’t know about outside the US but I think that’s the reasons inside the US at least.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Possibly also some correlation with feeling somewhat more/less tense/relaxed, perhaps? It’s not the circumstance most conducive to relaxation at the best of times.

booburry
booburry

@Jack, that’s what I was thinking about. It seems like that misinformation is getting a little better these days.
I would assume most people wouldn’t be aroused at the gyno, although they do use lube. I just don’t see how being a “virgin” would make the experience more painful than it would be for anyone else. It worries me that medical staff are still spreading this idea. Anyway, just a random thought I had while reading through. Reminds me I really should make a gyno appt. before they murder the ACA’s birth control rules.

Bina

@Booburry:

Well, as I had my first manual pelvic exam just a few weeks before my 15th birthday*, which was about a decade before I actually got around to having PIV sex, I guess I can give as good an insight as any: They don’t actually hurt more for virgins. At least not when done right. And by “done right”, I mean the doctor uses enough lube on their glove, is careful not to fumble around in there too long and hard, and doesn’t stick too many fingers or a huge, unwarmed speculum in there. Women doctors tend to do pelvics better than men, go figure. (My first was done by a woman, and I had subsequent ones done by men who bobbled it by using a speculum that was WAY too big for me, so there’s that.)

I should also add that I’ve been using tampons for almost as long as I’ve been having periods. I started at age 12. I have no idea if I ever had a hymen, much less what it looked like or if/when it “broke”. I only know that my first intercourse stopped being pinchy and painful about the moment that I relaxed, tilted the bottom of my pelvis up, and bent my knees.

I’m also incidentally thankful that I don’t come from one of those cultures that dictates that women have to bleed all over the bedsheets on their wedding night, and have the “evidence” of their “virtue” paraded all around town the next day. Ugh, how mortifying any way you slice it…

*If you’re wondering why I had one so early, despite being a long way from my first sex: I got hit by a car and suffered a broken pelvis at 14. The exam was part of the legal proceedings against the driver who hit me; I suffered a permanent bone deformity as a result.

booburry
booburry

Thanks Bina, that’s more or less what I was thinking. Hopefully the idea that piv sex fundamentally changes your vagina forever is something that dies off. I always ask for a woman doctor because I’ve found them to be more gentle as well.

1 3 4 5