gross incompetence memes trump

Trump meme of the day: You’re Mired!

miredcrop600_phixr

The Trump transition continues to be an embarrassing mess. Today, Trump is holding his first meeting with a foreign leader since being elected. And he’s going into it completely unprepared. The Washington Post reports:

The 5 p.m. session with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump’s first with a foreign leader since the election, has raised questions among some in Washington’s foreign policy community because Trump has apparently not been briefed by the State Department. Officials said Wednesday that the transition team has not reached out to State.

A former State Department official said such a meeting with a foreign leader would normally be preceded by numerous briefings from key diplomats, which is considered especially important here because the Japanese are concerned about comments Trump made on the campaign trail. …

“The world does not stop for the transition,’’ said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to speak freely. Trump “would want an intelligence briefing. You’d probably want to get briefed on what’s what happening in the region.’’

Face it, Trump transition team: You’re mired!

Snowberry
Snowberry

@EJ (The Orphic Lizard): Doesn’t that count as wishing death on them? Even if we had the ability to get there, the pulsar would probably liquefy them before they got there.

dreemr
dreemr

@Snowberry – I’m sure these manly men who invented everything will be able to figure out how to survive the trip.

We’re not advocating forcible relocation, we’re inviting them to seek a home planet more suitable to their particular tastes!

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

@IP

Of course, even though there’s not much going on this week. Honestly, if it wasn’t for Shuffle, Animal Crossing and Pokemon Moon*, I don’t think I’d be coping with this bullshit at all. Despite what AA seems to think, distractions are necessary sometimes.

*Aka “Why it took me, like, two days to respond. Oops.”

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

POKEMON MOOOOOON

I finally got my copy from Gamestop today. I was hoping to get the map too, but it turns out that’s only a pre-order bonus if you got both Sun and Moon. : (

But, still. I’m having fun. Especially since my roommates ordered theirs via Amazon, and they still haven’t arrived, leading Dude!Roommate to be ants-in-the-pants about me playing it as soon as we got in the car to leave GameStop. XD

I already have some new Pokemon, a Pikipek I named Pearl, and a Grubbin I named Snoot. Neither of them like to be booped on the snoot when I pet them. : (

I really like the “Pokemon Refresh” thing though, it’s really immersive to be able to brush/towel off/etc your pokemon after a tough battle!

Also, I got a Caterpie, a Slowpoke, a Wingull, and an Alolan Ratatta, which I’m still not fond of the aesthetic of. Though, the Pokedex entry has convinced me that they operate under mob rule.

Fun story about Slowpoke already: I wasn’t sure what to name mine, so I went to ask Dudette!Roommate, and she said “Bob.” and I went “That’s perfect.” and I typed in the name.

Then she says “Wait, what gender is it?” and I was going to say “It’s a male.”, but my brain was still in naming mode, so my mouth said “It’s a Bob.”

Apparently, Bob is not here for your gender conforming naming conventions.

Cynical Optimist
Cynical Optimist

@EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

I would recommend an exoplanet of HD 189733 A, the planet where it rains molten glass sideways.

Moocow

@PI @SFHC

I’m gonna be skipping Pokemon for a while on account of having like 4 video games I need/want to play (FFXV HYPE) but OMG I heard they did away with Gym battles? I approve, especially since Gen 4 seemed to not even want to do gym battles, and I’m curious, what’s that like?

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

Aren’t you reading the same threads I’m reading? Because that is *exactly* what people are doing here.

I’m saying David should do that too.

Did you know Trump just lied about saving a manufacturing plant? That is blatant propaganda.

Snowberry
Snowberry

@Fishy Goat: Sounds like a game of chicken, except once committed, you can’t blink even if you wanted to.

If the other guy blinks, they’ll back off and admit that it was a bad idea. Probably still try to use the data for something nefarious later, but nothing so blatant.

If they don’t, “muzzie-lovers” get classified as “undesirables” and get thrown in the concentration internment camps along with everyone else.

At this point I couldn’t tell you if it’s a high-risk or low-risk gambit.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

@Snowberry:
That’s a fair point. Thanks.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

I’m sorry if I’m being stupid about stuff. I just feel like a sitting duck right now. We’re not doing enough. Enough would be making sure he doesn’t get into office, and that looks almost impossible to me now.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Moocow | November 18, 2016 at 12:13 pm
@PI @SFHC

Kind of?

The story goes like this: The Alola region is just starting their League, so they don’t have “gyms” like other regions. Instead, you have to face the strongest trainer on each of the four islands in an “Island Challenge”, which is functionally the same as a League, but it’s built slightly differently and it’s a bit more relevant to native Hawaiian culture which is super awesome.

I kinda wish they would do that for other regions as well. Like how Kalos was based off of France, so they could have done something that fit in with that theme more, etc.

Either way, I approve.

3DS is on the charger now though, since the light went red, and I need to maybe ease up a bit on it so roommates can catch up when Amazon finally delivers theirs. 😛

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Snowberry Would that still be an issue if it were flooded with international signers? Maybe that’s a way to render it useless and protect US citizens.

Snowberry
Snowberry

@Fishy Goat: If you can register online, then it doesn’t even need to be international; people can just flood the database with fake info. Someone could possibly hack in to it and erase everything. I wouldn’t put it past them to be that stupid; alt-right types don’t seem to consider the possibility of unintended consequences.

If you have to register in person, and prove that you’re a US citizen, then I don’t think international signers would be able to fake their way into it in enough numbers to make a real difference.

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

A couple of things – First, diversity is stronger than homogeneity. That’s why the fans of lily whiteness have to cheat. The fans of lily whiteness are dwindling and they’re mad and scared and scrambling for all the power they can get their hands on. I think us fans of diversity can hold them off until their numbers sink into irrelevance, but it won’t be easy and more of us than ever will have to work hard.

Second, I got a shot of hope from, of all places, a big bank commercial I saw on TV last night; it showed an interracial couple growing up together and getting married (and banking, natch.) A lot of big corporations know that diversity and tolerance are their future and that excluding various groups of people are bad for their bottom line because those people will just go to corporations that don’t hate on certain demographics. Businesses that *want* to discriminate are backing a losing strategy because their customer base is shrinking.

Someone, somewhere I read online (here or at Dispatches) posted a link to a spreadsheet of companies who were Trump-linked to boycott. I was pleased to find they were either companies I wouldn’t do business with (high fashion in sizes I can’t wear, fragrances, etc.) anyway, or ones I already boycott (lookin’ at you, Home Depot, Chick-fil-A, and Hobby Lobby).

Dalillama
Dalillama

@EJ (TOL)

As a bonus point, I am absolutely positively sure that there are no ethnic minorities there. This should make them happy, right?

I am reminded of a line from an old H. Beam Piper novel about a bunch of white South Africans who’d found a planet of their own where they could practice apartheid in peace. A very unhappy people, they settled on a planet with no native sapients for them to feel superior to.

Shalimar
Shalimar

It doesn’t take any preparation for Trump to tell the prime minister, “I like your Japanese women. They’re very hot and subservient.” He has a natural gift for that brand of diplomacy.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

As far as “wanting” the end times, I can attest from personal experience that multiple sects – including Roman Catholicism, Missouri Synod Lutheranism, and Southern Baptist – have had movements within them, if not central doctrine, hoping for or even attempting to aid in the return of the Jews to Israel so that the Second Coming could occur.

Christians are way more fucked up than I realized.

Listen, if your religion preaches about the end times being a good thing, I think you may want to rethink that because I’m pretty sure that didn’t come from any god or Jesus.

EDIT: Listen, I don’t know shit about Christianity, I’ve been an atheist since middle school at least, but I’m pretty sure if people think god have them the world, purposely breaking it so you can get to heaven is pretty blasphemous.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@Jack

I hit my “super-rebellious teen” phase when I was 10, which is when I started defying my parents on matters of religion. (Which led to them practically dragging me to church….Oddly enough, the elderly ladies’ class liked me enough to give me a baggie of hard candy every week just because I visited.)
I’ve kinda given up on analyzing the sort of worldview that the years before that gave me, mostly because the church itself started going under a crisis of succession and both my parents eventually just stopped going (and me with them). But I do recall a common theme in the hymns of waiting for God to come, and it just Being Better then if you were a Christian now.

I also accidentally made a kid I met at a Wednesday thing there a furry.

Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy
Makroth - Agent of the Great Degeneracy

@Handsome “Punkle Stan” Jack

Reading between the lines, most religious fundamentalists of Abrahamic religions i’ve observed seem to preach a sort of morbid, authoritarian ”post-humanism”.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Considering his beauty pageant business, there’s probably already an international network of People Groped By Donald Trump.

(This thought occurred to me a couple weeks ago when former Miss Finland Ninni Laaksonen reported having been groped by Trump in 2006.)

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Listen, Christians, Jesus didn’t die and painful death for you to blow up the world.

Listen, Noah didn’t save two of every animal so you can fuck them all over. God told him to do that. God likes the animals, but spit in your god’s face by fucking up the planet and starting wars so you can be raptured faster.

Listen, I’m 300% sure satan, Lucifer, whatever the fuck the king devil is would be more pleased with an end times than god, is what I’m saying. Doomsday cults are evil for a reason.

Listen, rethink your priority Doomsday cult Christians, because that ain’t god wanting the world to end. God didn’t tell you shit about starting the apocalypse, at least not the heavenly god.

Listen Christians, listen, Christians, get your shit together, Christians. The devil is good looking, the devil is full of temptation, and hastening the end times so you can get to heaven is pretty tempting.
comment image

Ya worshipping satan there, Christians. The apocalypse is the ultimate way to spread evil, dooming the unborn, the just to be about baptized babies, the born again and just about to be baptized adults, and everyone born after to hell. Not to mention pretty sure artificially making the apocalypse come faster is akin to murder, you are purposely murdering people, that’s a broken commandment, all of ya who supported shit to get the apocalypse moving are going straight to hell. Think about that, Christians. Killing and sacrifices are against the rules for a reason but you wanna sacrifice the world, I think you’ve been lead down a dark path, ya heathens.

At least as an atheist I turned away from god AND satan, ya just got tricked by the devil by your own greed, which is a sin, a DEADLY sin. Wanting heaven so badly you fucked up the world for it is greedy and selfish. You’re like Angelica from that one Rugrats cartoons where she purposefully lost her Cynthia doll to get a new one. And thinking you DESERVE heaven after fucking up earth takes is prideful, which is ANOTHER DEADLY SIN and entitled as hell.

As HELL.

(I’m sorry I just had to get that all out. It’s cathartic.)

WHO’S THE REAL DEVIL WORSHIPPER?

(It’s so damn cathartic.)

dreemr
dreemr

@authorialAlchemy I get that you’re feeling very vulnerable and anxious, if not also devastated and hopeless.

Humor helps us retain our strength and our hope.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by “we’re not doing enough” but it certainly sounds like you’re saying that we’re wasting precious time joking around and mocking Trump when we should be really wringing our hands and screwing ourselves into the ground in deep thought and calls-to-action about what to do.

Thing is, since the election, in these threads almost EVERYONE has spoken out on things to do and ways to combat this. Yes, there has been a post or two pointing out the most ridiculous of Trump & his white supremacist supporters, and we’ve had some lighter moments mocking him.

SO WHAT? For one thing, creative thought requires that you sometimes take a break from a subject so that you can approach it again with a fresher sense of what you’re trying to learn or achieve.

For another, mocking Trump and his deplorables is a good way to show them they don’t scare us. Yes, it’s disheartening to see how things have gone. But this isn’t the end of kindness, of liberal sensibilities, of treating each other with dignity and respect.

They may LIKE to imagine themselves as just *that* powerful, but they never will be.

The fact that we can laugh at Trump and his woefully misguided presidency is a STRENGTH.

Cynical Optimist
Cynical Optimist

I think I realized what the worst part of the Cheeto Transition is for me. It’s waiting and wondering “How badly and what will he fuck up first?” I almost want it to just happen already so I can stop anticipating and start being something else.

Stupid brain. I’m supposed to want that to happen as late as possible.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

I had to google posthumanism to refresh myself on what it was because there’s no way any posthumanism I’ve read about would involve giving into the greedy, greedy, assholish part of human nature to get to a post-human state. Except for Voluntary Human Extinctionist.

From their website

Many see humor in The Movement and think we can’t be serious about voluntary human extinction, but in spite of the seriousness of both situation and movement, there’s room for humor. In fact, without humor, Earth’s condition gets unbearably depressing—a little levity eases the gravity.

I like these people–well, the concept of them because some of the stuff in the FAQ is eh, but, you know, they aren’t bad. I mean look at this

At first glance, some people assume that VHEMT Volunteers and Supporters must hate people and that we want everyone to commit suicide or become victims of mass murder. It’s easy to forget that another way to bring about a reduction in our numbers is to simply stop making more of us. Making babies seems to be a blind spot in our outlooks on life.

The idea of all of us voluntarily refraining from procreation is often dismissed without much consideration. These examples are considered elsewhere at this site:

“People are going to have sex, you can’t stop that.”
“It’s a human instinct to breed.”
“But I just love babies.”
“Some of us should reproduce because we’re better than others.”
“Humans are a part of Nature.”
And so on.

However, if any of us thinks about the situation long enough, and makes the effort to work through those socially-instilled blocks to clear thinking, we will arrive at virtually the same conclusion: we should voluntarily phase ourselves out for the good of humanity and planet.

VHEMT is naturally in opposition to involuntary extinction of any species, as well as any efforts encouraging human extermination. There are presently concerted efforts supporting both of these horrors. For example:

Production and use of weapons.
Toxin production, such as petrochemical and nuclear.
Exploitation of natural and human resources.
Promotion of reproductive fascism.
And so on.

The above could be called the Terrorist Human Extermination Movement (THEM), but that’s labeling and encourages a “Them or Us” attitude.

VHEMT is opposed to what these people are doing, but it’s doubtful any would bother to return the favor. Really, there isn’t much point in opposing a voluntary movement which harms none and benefits all.

It’s funny when I’m more scared of Christians than the people who want humans to go extinct.

Skiriki
Skiriki

@Troubelle

I also accidentally made a kid I met at a Wednesday thing there a furry.

No, that’s just fair’s fair — if someone tries to convert you, you can always try to convert them too…

Plus, kinda fun and awesome. 😀

LeFluff
LeFluff

An embarrassing mess perhaps, but still lethal. I for one am absolutely terrified. Twentyish, white, male, and middle-class, yes; and also bi, Jewish, disgusted with traditional gender roles, and oh most of my friends are queer. The Republicans now seem to have it in for everyone I know. And so many Democrats trying to extend an olive branch to these ghouls. Ugh.

Yes. I want to believe they’re too incompetent to manage a genocide, but I’m scared beyond feeling.

Also, if my dad tells me one more time that I’m being “hysterical”, I think my head will explode.

Oh. @Fishy Goat, and @Snowberry: I’d figured I would register myself as a Muslim pronto, if/when they got around to the registry. Maybe look into less subtle forms of sabotage too. Injection attacks against the registry’s website and database software, that kind of thing. Not sure how useful that would be in practice.

You folks are giving me some doubts though. e.g. Trump has already talked about murdering the civilian families of terrorists, so why wouldn’t he target families of random Muslims and/or dissenters? I don’t know, one has to fight back; but the combination of seething bigotry, mass surveillance, and complete lack of ethical limits is not making me optimistic right now.

(Likewise: I don’t think I’ll be wearing nail polish anymore, or otherwise presenting other than Boring Cismale, because I worry that doing otherwise would bring harm to my family and friends. In Fascist America, Patriarchy smashes you.)

(Oh, and I think this is my first ever post here. Hi everyone. May the gods I’ve never believed in look kindly on you all.)

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

Jack,

I couldn’t give a shit if someone personally holds post humanist views and don’t shove them down people’s throats. I do see them get creepy and aggressive once in awhile though. They sometimes go to comment sections about fertility or babies to tell people they’re immoral for having or wanting to have babies. Kind of the flip side of the forced birthers.

History Nerd
History Nerd

I still feel so hopeless and I haven’t been able to get anything done since the election.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@Skiriki

I’m actually not a furry myself. The kid (and by that I mean he was like….11. 12.) liked FNAF (it was early 2015), I knew about it, we talked, I offhandedly mentioned the furry fandom, he didn’t know what it was (he only mentioned that later), looked it up on his own time, and next thing I know he is literally making a fursuit. (And a pretty damn good one, too.)

Skiriki
Skiriki

@Troubelle

That’s EVEN BETTER.

Oh and FYI, folks, here’s a pretty good thread about this pisstake of an election and WTF they were thinking: https://twitter.com/jpbrammer/status/799686559901454336

Moocow

@PI

Kind of?

Oh that’s interesting. That sounds strangely similar to that season of the Pokemon anime where Ash goes around the orange archipelago.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Ew.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Re: human self extinction types
(I hope that linked correctly)
101 video series on antinatalism and its ties to depression. I haven’t seen it in a while, so I don’t know how it holds up after so many years. I remember he gets more into his groove after the 1st few. That said, this is how I was introduced to what depression is (ie not just being sad), so it holds a special place 🙂

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

Has anyone been following #AuditTheVote? It’s gaining traction. There might be an investigation into election fraud!

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

@Skiriki

I also once told a church caretaker/babysitter (it was after hours, but we were still in the church if memory serves) that I would cancel their insurance. Mind that this was around the recent recession.

Also, I read the thing. I’m considering bringing this up to one of my parents later, though not during T-Day festivities.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

101 video series on antinatalism and its ties to depression.

Hmm, I have it bookmarked to watch later, but I’m kinda skeptical about video series featuring white men talking about philosophical concepts with video titles like “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”, “The Abuse of Empathy”, “Luke 3:10”, and “The Innocent Determinist” with an about channel tage that just has the quote: “Reality? Your ‘reality’, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I’m delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!” Especially if I don’t know if this is to entertain or to “educate”.

Of course, these are randomly chosen titles and I’ve haven’t watched them so I don’t know the context of any of them. I am skeptical.

If these put any Thunderd00fus videos in my recommended section of YouTube, you will know.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

A lot of that really came from the Second Great Awakening, a period of a lot of revivalist movements in the U.S. in the 1790-1840 time frame. (This was the time when both the Mormons and the Seventh Day Adventists got started, among many others that didn’t all survive to the modern day.) It didn’t really solidify until you got the Scofield Reference Bible in 1909; the commentary and notes there are what a lot of the more modern ‘biblical literalists’ got started with.

Take some of those attempts at deciphering what the Bible ‘really’ meant by people who didn’t have any grounding in the actual history or languages of the time, add in a large chunk of MGTOW-like anger at not being taken seriously and ‘you’ll be sorry when you see we were right!’ attitude, and you’ve got a lot of the core of the modern white evangelical movement. (And, as Fred Clark over at Slacktivist points out, that ‘white’ part seems to be a lot more important to many of the people involved than the ‘evangelical’ part. A lot of the active politicization of the evangelical movement in the U.S. actually started with Bob Jones University being forced to admit black students or lose their tax exemptions in the 1970s.)

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Unrelated to the conversation:

I have a video here which I am interested in getting your thoughts on! It’s a music video and it’s very feminist (in my opinion) but I’m curious what other people think it’s about. Naturally, most people I’ve shown it to think it ain’t feminist at all, it’s just a video. But, well. You tell me!

(Also, the funk is strong)

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

Take some of those attempts at deciphering what the Bible ‘really’ meant by people who didn’t have any grounding in the actual history or languages of the time, add in a large chunk of MGTOW-like anger at not being taken seriously and ‘you’ll be sorry when you see we were right!’ attitude, and you’ve got a lot of the core of the modern white evangelical movement…A lot of the active politicization of the evangelical movement in the U.S. actually started with Bob Jones University being forced to admit black students or lose their tax exemptions in the 1970s.

So, what you’re saying is…White Nationalism and racism is the embodiment of satan.

I’m not shocked.

Well, let’s see: A city full of men with a phallic building is besieged by a yonic, upside down pyramid which begins to split open after they stop attacking it, spilling forth light that makes the city of men begin to shed tears.

Eh, it’s up in the air.

tim gueguen

@Jenora Feuer I always find that amusing about today’s American conservative Christians. They go on about how the Founding Fathers were Christians, which of course most of them were, and how that justifies their political beliefs. Yet if they actually talked to the Founding Fathers about religion even the conservative ones would probably find their talk about the Rapture and the whole nine yards strange, since that theology was not something preached by the pastors of their time.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Jack

Especially if I don’t know if this is to entertain or to “educate”

Neither? He seems to be more interested in musing ideas than arguing them. Pretty insufferable, but it’s interesting

I am skeptical

Good idea. And beware of casual ableism while you’re at it. Forgot about that…

He’s has gone after Atheist Assholes before (Islamophobia, ‘Cultural Marxism’, etc), and YouTube’s suggestion algorithm doesn’t recognize the difference between criticism and agreement, so you might. I blocked those channels ages ago, so I’m fine *shrug*

@Scildfreja
I’m not sure what’s feminist about it, but that’s cos I never know what’s feminist about things. I mean, it’s hard to ignore the… audiovisual metaphor going on. Maybe that makes it feminist? I dunno…

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@SFHC

I am going for 200 levels Meloetta, and I did 300 levels Giratina last week. Also saving up coins to make a serious attempt at capturing Hoopa. What are you working on?

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Pokemon players

Did any of you play Pokemon Uranium?

Hambeast (fan of diversity)
Hambeast (fan of diversity)

History Nerd – Take it easy on yourself! I got all hyped up the week of the election and then tanked back into despair, myself. Mornings have been the worst for me; I’ve started flashing back to when my dad got sick again and the mixture of panic and dread I feel upon waking is slowly starting to fade. The pendulum swing of my moods gets less extreme, thankfully, as time goes on.

Talk to us here, talk to someone IRL, if you can. You’re not alone, we’re all shell-shocked and fearful. Take the time you need to gather your spoons!

I have been working on a plan; once my dad’s estate is out of probate, I will set up several monthly donations (ACLU, NAACP, NARAL, my list isn’t complete yet) and start looking into volunteering opportunities once I get my dad’s house rented and I have an income again.

Because I told all of this to my mall-walking buddy, she sent me a Facebook invite to a west coast faction of the million woman march for Jan. 21st and I made myself click the “going” button instead of the “interested” button. So, I’m gonna march in a protest for the first time in my life! Yeah, I’ll probably think about chickening out a couple dozen times between now and then, but right now I’m excited!

Wow, I just realized that today is the first day I’ve been in a good mood since the week before the election!

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

That would be entertainment, wouldn’t it? Like, you either make something to inform, you make something to entertain, or you make something to inform and entertain. There’s no fourth option…I don’t think…is there?

But, anyway, first video in and they’re like

A lot of people want me to get into the antinatalism debate and I don’t want to

And there’s 101 videos labeled antinatalism in this playlist. That’s funny.

So far from what I’ve been listening to, I agree with a lot of what he’s saying. Nothing new for me yet.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent

-SLAMS DOOR OPEN-

….

….

….

I made fajitas.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@authorialAlchemy, and anyone else feeling similar,

I’ve been following #auditthevote, yes. If you’re on Twitter much, Sarah Kendzior is definitely worth following, too (assuming you don’t already, that is). She’s been studying authoritarian regimes for years and has brought that expertise to tracking Trump. It was through her that I read about him claiming to have kept the car plant in the US – the same one you mentioned, I think?

She’s also just published a brilliant round-up of everything that’s been going on which is going to prove an essential resource, imho.

Finally, Scildfreja posted a link (a couple of days ago) to a great site that details stuff everyone can do, whether it’s giving money or time. And of course I can’t find it right now…

Apologies for the long comment; I think everyone here understands completely how you’re feeling. Take care <3

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Jack
You can make something to indulge yourself. Then again that’s just a self directed form of entertainment. This requires further thought…

@Troubelle
On Friday!? The prophecy is fulfilled!

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Catfish,

The Starbucks’ cup thing has been hilarious. Trumplings were already angry because (1) the Starbucks CEO endorsed Clinton earlier this year, and (2) recently they brought out a new cup design celebrating diversity and unity (the horror).
Then a customer decided that his coffee was taking too long because anti-white discrimination, which started this whole ‘write Trump on my cup’ thing. They are protesting by … continuing to give their money to Starbucks.