gross incompetence memes trump

Trump meme of the day: You’re Mired!

miredcrop600_phixr

The Trump transition continues to be an embarrassing mess. Today, Trump is holding his first meeting with a foreign leader since being elected. And he’s going into it completely unprepared. The Washington Post reports:

The 5 p.m. session with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump’s first with a foreign leader since the election, has raised questions among some in Washington’s foreign policy community because Trump has apparently not been briefed by the State Department. Officials said Wednesday that the transition team has not reached out to State.

A former State Department official said such a meeting with a foreign leader would normally be preceded by numerous briefings from key diplomats, which is considered especially important here because the Japanese are concerned about comments Trump made on the campaign trail. …

“The world does not stop for the transition,’’ said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to speak freely. Trump “would want an intelligence briefing. You’d probably want to get briefed on what’s what happening in the region.’’

Face it, Trump transition team: You’re mired!

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Jack
All the deep blue states will be able to rebuke this act. I’m more worried for people in states that don’t care about the well being of others.

If/when this act passes, say hello to the possibility of numerous others when they all collectively realize all their darkest dreams can come true. Hell this might be a hail mary one, and they might have even more ridiculous bills in the wings but never shown them because they thought they would never come to pass in congress.
@Weird (and regrouping quickly) Eddie
I really don’t want a civil war, not even reluctantly. Because if there is, well when national guard comes along and sides with the racists, I don’t think I would want to stay in the US.

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

I’m afraid for them, too. There’s already so much shit they’ve dealt with. This just can’t pass.

It just can’t.

This is just…I don’t know. I just don’t know.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

comment image

oops, it was TakeDownMRAs who tweeted this; the name fell off

Skiriki
Skiriki

FYI, I foresee that this image will be useful:

It’s the “Lying Cat” from Saga.

Laugher at Bigots, Mincing Betaboy
Laugher at Bigots, Mincing Betaboy

Let the rulers show empathy for their fellows and strike this down.

Karalora
Karalora

On top of everything else, it’s so mind-boggling. Why do the Rs WANT this? What do they hope to gain? Is it just spite?

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Karalora
“Kill the unholy gays, get dem women back in line and re-institute god back into the Constitution. Oh and get the Jews ready for the Jesus bait so the apocalypse can happen and us conservatives get to go to heaven.” They literally see themselves as noble heroes fighting back against the filthy swarms of people who want to live lives in peace.
@Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mike, how about you go through that huh? If you seem so earnest about it, why not go there yourself and test out the procedure? I’m sure everything would go fine dandy if they treated you like they treated so many others.
@Laugher at Bigots, Mincing Betaboy
If they haven’t shown empathy for the last several decades what’s gonna make them start now?

Karalora
Karalora

@Oogly

I’m sure some of them do, but all of them? What happened to the ones who were just in it for the money?

numerobis
numerobis

Y’all know Abe is the Japanese Trump right?

Shinzo Abe, described Donald Trump as someone in whom he had “great confidence” after they met in New York on Thursday

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

I don’t know what they’d gain from doing any of this, other than making so they can do what they want to people they don’t like, like some dime store cartoon villain. It’s just evil for the sake of evil at this point. Even from an extreme Christian point of view, all they’d gain is hurting others for not conforming to Christian “values”; maybe they think they’re preventing something, preventing what they deem as amoral from overthrowing shit? They still gain nothing. Jesus preached nothing about making people suffer for your morals.

Yeah, some of them, but that’s really only for a minority of Christians. I think maybe Evangelist are the only ones that are rooting for an apocalypse.The Rapture is only part of one Christian sect. Catholics, Protestant, Methodist, Calvinist, Mormon–they don’t want that, they don’t even believe in that, I don’t think.

Snowberry
Snowberry

I’m sure they’ll water it down. All it takes is pointing out what the likes of The Satanic Temple would do with it.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

It is unconstitutional. I just don’t think whoever allows it to become law will care.

God, why didn’t they just not block Obama on picking a new judge??? They knew it would be Trump who picks if they get thier way. That’s just more evidence against the “Senate and Congress don’t like him” bullshit.

No. Republican politicians and thier supporters have been clamouring for a president like Trump. This isn’t the death throes of the far right, this may be its rise.

David, when it truely becomes appropriate, you should stop telling jokes about the Trump administration. This can get serious and very bad. I’m usually kind of an optimist. I’m not in favor of doom and gloom scenarios. But so many little red flags are going up and I’m frightened. Trump is showing incompetence, but also showing how dangerous he is.

Also, the Muslim registry will be a thing. It’s not like it never happened before. And the government is already watching Muslims just because they’re middle eastern and Muslim.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Karalora

What happened to the ones who were just in it for the money?

They never existed. It’s never just about the money. It’s about money giving them the power to hurt people and make them grovel.

Laugher at Bigots, Mincing Betaboy
Laugher at Bigots, Mincing Betaboy

@Ooglyboggles:

I don’t know, but I can hope.

Skiriki
Skiriki

David Futrelle — I got the impression that there’s a reasonable cause to be worried for your health and freedom, rather.

Belladonna "Toxic Hag"
Belladonna "Toxic Hag"

When I first heard there was some kind of “religious exemption” bill being considered, my first thought was let’s just encourage attaching all kinds of stuff to it. You know, sure, you can refuse service to LGBTQ people, as long as, in the name of your religious freedom, you are really careful to ensure that you refuse service to anybody who’s ever done anything your religion might consider a sin. Otherwise, you totally lose your “religious exemption.” Oh, and of course, if you’ve ever committed one of those sins yourself, you are just going to have to close up shop, entirely. Of course, you won’t have any customers, anyway, so it won’t matter much at that point.

Now that I’ve seen the particularly broad way it seems to be written, along with the odd pre-emption part. I can’t even amuse myself along those lines, anymore.

I’m really depressed right now. And it’s so amazingly counter to the very idea of religious freedom. Letting some groups impose their morals on other groups in the name of religious freedom? While making Muslims sign a registration? I’m seriously going to throw up.

HawkAtreides, on the floor again with a head full of rain
HawkAtreides, on the floor again with a head full of rain

@Handsome “Punkle Stan” Jack

You’re probably thinking about the pre-tribulation or “secret” rapture, which is mostly in the Evangelical sects. Other sects have different concepts of how things will play out that could be described as different forms or timings of “rapture”, whether they use that term or not. As far as “wanting” the end times, I can attest from personal experience that multiple sects – including Roman Catholicism, Missouri Synod Lutheranism, and Southern Baptist – have had movements within them, if not central doctrine, hoping for or even attempting to aid in the return of the Jews to Israel so that the Second Coming could occur.

What’s frightening about the eschatological movements, from a political standpoint, is how we have self-identified Christians claiming that the US must support Israel with the unspoken reason implication that it’s so that Jesus can come back and destroy everyone they don’t like, and yet this demand for unconditional political and military support is blamed on Jews.

LittleLurker
LittleLurker

First, the bill applies to any corporation, organization, or person who “believes or acts in accordance with a religious belief or moral conviction that marriage is or should be recognized as the union of one man and one woman, or that sexual relations are properly reserved to such a marriage.”

Fuck you. Stay the fuck out of our lives. Stay the fuck out of our FUCKING BEDROOMS, you fucking CREEPS!!!! Just what the FUCK is wrong with you? What kind of disgusting, sick minds do you have that you think you get to decide or judge or even FUCKING COMMENT on any of this? What the hell is it with America that these people are even listened to with their religious shit? I don’t CARE what you believe, fuckers, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU FUCKING “BELIEVE”!!!!! What CREEP gets so worked up about other people’s sex lives…? What is WRONG with them?!

It’s bad enough if you have creeps like that in your social circle/family (I do) and they just can’t stop commenting on your private life, but to actually allow them a national stage? To listen to them without laughing them out of the room as soon as they open their ignorant, uneducated, inferiority-complex riddled mouths?! HOW? HOW can anyone bloody VOTE for them? What’s WRONG with the people who voted for shit like this? I am just so angry. That people like this might get the chance to rule an entire fucking country…

If I can to anything at all to help those who will suffer from these fuckers’ “convictions”, tell me.

PS: Sorry for getting so emotional, but this feels really personal for me. 🙁 Feel free to ignore, I just needed to vent for a moment.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

It is a bit off topic, i am sorry, but i have a question.
I read in the newspaper (Le Monde, in France), that the Cuban electorate had mostly vote for Trump (in Florida, especially, if my memory is right). Is it true ? And if yes, is somebody have an idea why Cubans would prefer Trump rather than Clinton ?

Have a nice day.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ occasional reader

That was explained to me thusly: the Cuban population in Florida is mainly composed of exiles and refugees. They hate the current regime over there. So they don’t like anyone who has dealings with the regime. The Dems started a bit of a glasnost thing with Cuba so the Floridan Cubans won’t support the Dems on principle.

Skiriki
Skiriki
occasional reader
occasional reader

> Alan Robertshaw and Skiriki
Ok, thank you both for the explanations and the other informations !

LittleLurker
LittleLurker

This may have been posted already, if so I apologize. Seems like they’re planning mass calls about specific issues in certain weeks/on certain days. If that’s right, it seems like a not too bad idea.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Mish

I just woke up and… what the fuck holy shit that’s the VP saying that ? Is it already too late to go back to bed ?

@David, authorialAlchemy and Skiriki

On the contrary, I think it’s extremely important that David keeps on doing the exact same thing as long as it remains safe, because doing it is exactly what keeps it safe.

Yeah there’s a good chance Trump will go full-blown nazi and start doing whatever he can to persecute anyone who laughs at him. I mean that’s exactly what he’s done his whole life even before that whole POTUS thing. But the thing is, right now everyone’s laughing at him, and he can’t go after everyone.

That said, please be careful.

Kat
Kat

My boyfriend broke the news to me about the meeting between the Japanese and Trump. Then he told me Ivanka was there and my eyes crossed.

I pointed out that if he and I wanted to satirize the Trumps, we would have to step up our game.

Something like this:

The Japanese guests arrive. Donald greets them by reminding them that they bombed Pearl Harbor, and four years later we used a nuclear bomb on them. Ivanka says, “Shut up, Daddy,” and politely invites the guests to a game of pinochle. An hour later, the Japanese guests make a hasty departure. Their wallets are empty. Who knew that the beautiful, poised First Daughter-elect was a card shark?!

Kat
Kat

@Skiriki
Trump investigated ways to do business with Cuba before the embargo was lifted. He was just trying to make a buck.

ETA: I’m impressed with the Lying Cat! That’s how I look lately. That’s what I say lately.

Cynical Optimist
Cynical Optimist

Why don’t we just create the American Restoration Act? Get all the minorities out of here while everybody takes a time out. \s

Parodying the Human Restoration Act from Mankind Divided just so you know.

Seriously, fuck these people.

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

Off Topic, but thank you for this blog, David. You are doing great work here, shining a light on the darkest, the most disgusting, most hateful reaches of the internet and keeping us informed about what Trump and his supporters are doing. I know it was very hard keeping this blog active after Trump won the election and that you were considering stopping (no one would have blamed you if you did), but you kept at it. I am so proud and thankful. You are so awesome. 😀

comment image

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Sinkable John,

I have fashioned a hidey spot (see below). You are welcome to join me.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Kat,

Your ‘account’ of the Trumps’ visit to Japan is priceless.

@Little Lurker,

No need to apologise – that was inspired and perfectly pitched.

Kat
Kat

@Mish
Thanks! And I was just admiring the beautiful cat in that clever hidey spot.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Under the No Adultery provision, hospitals, pharmacies, and restaurants could legitimately refuse to serve Donald Trump, and probably 3/4 of Congress. (Or they could institute a broader “We Turn Away Assholes, Because That’s Our Belief And No One Can Stop Us!” policy – the language in that bill is really vague) Careful what you wish for, fundies. You’re not the only ones with strong “moral convictions”.

It’s so breathtakingly evil and hypocritical. Jesus was adamant about the moral imperative to help people on the margins of society: “Whatsoever you do to the least of your brethren, you also do unto me”. I don’t recall him telling his followers to leave the Good Samaritan lying on the side of the road, much less deport him.

Sometimes I wish these people’s version of an afterlife were true, because they’d be in for one hell of a shock.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Mish

Should I bring egregious amounts of beer, wine, and other assorted drinks ?

@LittleLurker

Yeah what Mish said, no need to apologise. What you said is what everyone needs to hear, even more so now.

@Buttercup

When I still had any hope of one day being able to open that bar, the plan was to plead religious freedom and refuse to serve assholes of various stripes. I hope a lot of people will do that.

Cynical Optimist
Cynical Optimist

@Buttercup Q. Skullpants

So… can anyone say/do anything and get away with it if they have “strong moral beliefs”? Because I can just imagine someone saying the believe it’s immoral to obey they government, so they don’t. And yes I am aware of the cognitive dissonance singularity I created.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@John, esquire,

Should I bring egregious amounts of beer, wine, and other assorted drinks ?

And that, right there, is why I love you. Well, one of the reasons 🙂

@Kat, plenty of room for you in the box!

It’s a safe space – yes, us little snowflakes need our safe spaces, ahahahahahahaha.
(sorry, getting slightly tipsy)

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ buttercup

Ah that Samaritan bloke, he crops up a bit in political discourse. Remember “He couldn’t have helped if he’d only had good intentions; he needed the cash for the doctor”? He was the chap who helped the guy at the side of the road btw as I’m sure you knew. Anyway, this is my favourite take on the whole Good Samaritan story (it’s especially funny as the point is quite correct)

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@Mish

I’ve been resisting* the urge to dive into a keg of beer and never come out since, well, 11/9. I may give in soon, especially now that the Trumpocalypse seems to have extended to Europe and all kinds of assholes seem a lot closer to the presidency than ever before. Although I’m glad my medication for insomnia, while illegal, is also pretty good for dealing with that kind of anxiety.

*Okay, so the real reason is that I need to go outside to buy beer. Outside is a cold and hostile environment right now.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Alan – Oops, thanks, I swapped the Good Samaritan with the other guy by mistake. It’s early here. I haven’t had my coffee yet. 😛 Enjoyed the link, though.

I have a feeling FADA would be upheld unequally in practice, same as the Stand Your Ground laws. It’s brazenly unconstitutional, of course, but the Repubs have just demonstrated that the Constitution is no longer worth the toilet paper that women don’t bother putting on the spindle.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I have a strong conviction that any Trump voter should be sent to live on Miranda, the home planet of the reavers in Serenity. I guess no one can stop me from doing just that!

Catfish
Catfish

I didn’t know who else to ask so Imma ask here…

WTF is the deal with Trump Cup? Noticed it trending on twitter and every comment was just two sides bashing each other for being too sensitive over a starbucks coffee cup and police being called in because of it.

When I googled, the only sources I found were Infowars/Alex Jones, and something called The Epoch Times, which I never heard of before. That just raised all sorts of red flags for me.

The issue sounds ridiculous enough to not warrant any more attention, but I’m just wondering if there is any merit on either side of the story, if this incident is even based on some form of reality, what exactly happened, and how out of proportions has this gone ?

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

So I found this. C&H isn’t always funny, but sometimes they do hit just the right strings. (also, Depressing Comic Week #11 starting right after the election was pretty spot-on too)

@Catfish

This basically sums up all I could tell you about the Epoch Times. Sorry, it ain’t much.

Regarding the Trump Cup thing, it seems to be some kind of outrage because some Starbucks employee refused to write Trump on a cup. I dunno. Something something thin-skinned liberal snowflakes.

To answer your question, I’d say it’s not worth wasting any time on… but hey, it’s actually pretty funny to watch those idiots melt down over a cardboard cup.

Skiriki
Skiriki

@Sinkable John

Yeah, but I’m pretty sure that David will know his safety zone, and post accordingly; that’s just how I read the post, a note that things can get dangerous and David read it differently.

@Kat

There are more pics of Lying Cat saying “Lying” (because it is the only word it can speak), and many of them are suitably appropriate…

I also have to note that in order to do business with Cuba, I’m like 100% sure that one had to slip in some bribes for the powers that be (police, government, military etc) while the embargo was on. Which is pretty much what he went snuffling about.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Trump asked Bannon if he agreed with him, but the Breitbart executive chairman seemed to have trouble responding to this suggestion.

“When two-thirds or three-quarters of the CEOs in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or from Asia, I think…” Bannon said. “A country is more than an economy. We’re a civic society.”

I feel like crying. This nazi is saying that my ethnic group is inferior and implying that we should be put out of the country. Everyone I knew had parents who came over here in hopes that things would be better, this is what they get in return.

“Work hard to become doctors, nurses, professors, tech wizards, and you’ll be treated fine.” Yeah I guess that means nothing to this waste of meat and bone.

dreemr
dreemr

I’ve been following Shaun King on Facebook as he has been keeping track of and posting hate crime incidents as he hears of them.

authorialAlchemy
authorialAlchemy

Okay, you’re right about humor, but right now it feels like an inappropriate distraction. Yeah, he’s incompetent, but he’s also evil and we should discuss the shit he’s planning in addition to making fun of him.

dreemr
dreemr

@authorialAlchemy

Aren’t you reading the same threads I’m reading? Because that is *exactly* what people are doing here.

Weird (and regrouping quickly) Eddie
Weird (and regrouping quickly) Eddie

Oogly, your worth is not determined by these assholes’ opinions of you.

Weird (and regrouping quickly) Eddie
Weird (and regrouping quickly) Eddie

What do they hope to gain? Is it just spite?

What they hope to gain is power. This is not the Republican party of Barry Goldwater. This is not really the party of Noxin or Reagan, though both would be mostly OK with it. This Republican party is the fulfillment of Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms. Power is their goal and fear is their weapon of choice.

Understood. I’m old, tho, and I’ve been in this struggle my whole life. If the fingermen come for my child and my grandchildren, they’ll need to go through me. I realize how cliche and how conspiratorial that sounds, but from what I’m seeing, that’s the direction they are heading.

EJ (The Orphic Lizard)

@WWTH:
I have some thoughts on nonfictional planets to which they can go.

As a bonus point, I am absolutely positively sure that there are no ethnic minorities there. This should make them happy, right?