hillary clinton trump

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

JoeB
JoeB

and when you do don’t be like Matt Forney and break state law by taking a picture of your ballot already marked (laws very by state).

Matchstick
Matchstick

I’m convinced there’s some kind of subliminal message hidden in this post !

Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr
Anne Lewis, Jib Creatr

I feel like David is trying to tell us something.

Ariblester
Ariblester

V OTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE V
O TEV OTEV OTEV OTEV OTEV OTEV O
T EVO TEVO TEVO TEVO TEVO TEVO T
E VOT EVOT EVOT EVOT EVOT EVOT E

leftwingfox
leftwingfox

JoeB: I might be misreading, but I think that’s to prevent the ballot from being marked in a way handlers could recognize before they’re opened/counted.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Okay okay I have weeks before the election. I am happy to help contribute to keeping Trump out of office the racist, sexist, bigoted, ableist, homophobic spouting nazi coddling, rapist, worker stiffing, failure to negotiate with mexican presidentsying, lying, fascist, dog hating pile of Thorite sludge.

I believe Nate to be wonky due to him not factoring in latino voters, Diggler even as a constructed parody probably has a better chance of being accurate, and Huffpost to be closer on the mark.

When this is finally over, I will be more than happy to troll the youtube forums all day long to prove a point about the bigoted ignorant atheist assholes who supported this fascist manifestation of the GOP’s darkest desires.

Hillary has
At least acknowledged Bernie
Trump hears naught but praise.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Irish Mammotheeers will probably be familiar with Thomas Kelly’s interesting take on voting.

(Obviously, don’t follow his advice today!)

Mr. T. Kelly: I know houses where there is a flat rate of 10/- a room charged. Statements were made here some time ago about the awful crime of personation which Fianna Fáil are supposed to have indulged in. Why not give these five business representatives a chance of having personation too? They will get elected hands down, if we are to believe all the statements made here regarding the way Fianna Fáil members were elected. At any rate, personation would be no harm. It is a good turn. If a man is dead and you knew the opinions he held while alive, what harm would it be to vote for him? If a poor man is sick in hospital and not able to get out, surely it is a good turn to see that his vote is registered. If he has gone away and his neighbours know his opinions, I do not see any harm in personation. I think I encouraged a lot of that class of thing in my day. At one time, I saw that the Lord Chief Justice of Northern Ireland voted right—the first time in his life that he voted right. He did not get up early enough and he waited for his breakfast before he came to the polling station. When he went into the booth, he found that he had been voted for. He was very indignant but he should have got up early and not minded his breakfast. He should have done his duty to his country first.

General Mulcahy: Are we to take these as instructions to Fianna Fáil candidates in the Dublin elections?

Mr. T. Kelly: Yes; vote early and often and maybe the cry will not then come from the benches opposite that we only returned five or six members. We may return a great many more. I hope that our own Party and the Labour Party will be much better represented in the City Council in future than we are at present.

TheHabbadasher
TheHabbadasher

Please do as the kind blogger here says. As a european I don’t have much power to make ol’ Donnie up there sad so please, if you can, contribute to this worthy cause in my stead

Schnookums Von Fancypants, Purveyor of Misandrist Klondike Bars
Schnookums Von Fancypants, Purveyor of Misandrist Klondike Bars

Man, I think something is being said here, but I just can’t cut through David’s hard boiled banter. Maybe I’m just tired after waking up early to vote before work…

Sarah
Sarah

Here’s a video of kitties voting!

KLPK
KLPK

I’m a white, Christian, conservative (by the standards of most on this site) woman who hasn’t voted Democrat since my first legal election (1992 primary). But because of THEM (the Manosphere/Alt Right), this year, I’m with her.

Thanks for all you do, David.

Mouse
Mouse

I just voted. I voted for Hillary, but I was really voting against Trump and the alt-right scumbags he emboldened.

Ariblester
Ariblester

@Ogglyboggles

Your haiku’s missing a mora in the first phrase.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

This is going to be a loooong day.
@Ariblester
Hill-ar-y-at = 4
D’oh.
Okay then wait I can fix it.

Hillary at least
Can acknowledge Bernie’s ills
Trump hears naught but praise.

JoeB
JoeB

leftwingfox

Quite possibly, the laws vary by state and aren’t very clear except for the ones that outright ban photos inside polling places or use of electronic devices inside the voting booth.

So takeaway, don’t do it.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ joeb

or use of electronic devices inside the voting booth.

That’s a bit unfair on people with pacemakers.

Jamborina Squib
Jamborina Squib

I can’t vote in this election, but I can bake! Cake for all of you who vote against the orange menace!

ikanreed
ikanreed

Well, I voted, but I feel terrible because I didn’t do as much research on local elections as I normally like to and had to leave several choices blank.

I hope my fellow citizens were more responsible than me.

pitshade
pitshade

NC has signs up banning ALL recording devices inside the polling area.

As said in the other thread, I voted before work. Due to the electoral college system, my POTUS vote has counted exactly once before, in 2008. Hopefully this year will follow suit and also kick Gov. McAwful out as well.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

All work and no play makes David a dull boy, huh?

Hashtag Ravenclaw
Hashtag Ravenclaw

I believe Nate to be wonky due to him not factoring in latino voters,

And even then, he predicts a Clinton victory, so it looks good. Usually, I rely on the most conservative/pessimistic estimates, which are often Silver’s, because a pleasant surprise is always better than false hope.

I hope that North Carolina’s GOP-backed voter suppression efforts backfire and that Black voters turn up in great numbers to express their outrage. Even if Clinton wins nationwide, I’ll be disappointed if she loses NC, because it’ll be a local victory (however hollow in the big picture) for the GOP’s dirty tactics.

A few days ago I played a bit with an Electoral College map, trying out several scenarios, and I believe that Clinton only has to win either Ohio, Florida or North Carolina to almost assure her victory. One of the three is enough. Trump has to win all three; if only one escapes him, he loses the election, unless there’s an upset in a state that was predicted to go to Clinton.

Diptych
Diptych

E SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN TH

(“We’re gonna build a yuge Dawn Machine. Tremendous. A lot of people are saying our Dawn Machine will have the best light, just the best. It’s a real shame, it’s terrible, how dark it is, but we’ll have all – all the light. And we’ll make the Presbyterate pay for it. They don’t know it yet, but they’ll pay for it.”)

Moggie
Moggie

I saw a photo of a long line of voters waiting to put “I voted” stickers on Susan B. Anthony’s grave, and I teared up a little.

Sarah
Sarah

Jamborina Squib, here is a recipe for Schadenfreude Pie which I am tempted to make, although I am resisting the urge to start early so I don’t jinx it.

ramen
ramen

I voted at the crack of dawn because I wasn’t going to MAKE IT THROUGH THE WHOLE DAY BLARGH

IT WAS SO FUCKING SATISFYING OMYGOD

Thank you Hillary for being someone I really wanted to vote for.

Thank you Republicans for nominating a complete shit. You always make the choice easy, but you seriously outdid yourselves this time. Congratulations, or something.

Dreamer
Dreamer

I just got back from voting – why were there people signing a blue sheet that read “Loyalty Oath”? I never saw that before. I tried to google it but couldn’t find what it was about.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

I believe Nate to be wonky due to him not factoring in latino voters …

Which is just fucking bizarre. Like, I’ve read every article he’s posted this year, and I still can’t figure out a reason for it past “Unskewing™.” Any ideas?

If he’s just trying to shake voters out of complacency… He could do that without, frankly, lying.

Anarchonist
Anarchonist

Even though I’m not from or in the States, this debacle has certainly dragged me to the real world again, away from the decidedly non-political, self-indulgent, intellectually one-track-minded non-awful la la land of nope-not-dealing-with-this-right-now where I’ve been holed up for the last few months because boy howdy, this is what it’s been leading up to. This is the culmination of all the worrying and outright terror at the prospect of USA, a powerful country in a position capable of sending a clear message indicating what the political landscape might look like in the western world in the near future, potentially choosing Donald Trump for president.

Aside from everything else, choosing Trump would at the very least send the message that bigotry, racism, white supremacy, misogyny, intolerance, egotism, and ignorance are no obstacles on the way to becoming one of the most powerful people on the planet; they might rather work in your favor. That bullies can and should have power. That our modern world glorifies ethical bankruptcy and values power and fear above all.

I hate what the political climate in my country has become after we were ignorant enough to vote a bunch of right-wing assholes into power a few years ago. Now, thanks to a combination of free market capitalism bullshit rhetoric and one ultra-racist governing party we have growing economic inequality, an increasingly private-run (and increasingly shitty) health care system, a continuos war on refugees, immigrants, the unemployed, and the low-wage workers and a rise of racist and white supremacist groups. Nobody bats an eyelash at outright Nazi rhetoric that would have been unheard of just a few years ago. Yes, there’s been pushback against it, but I still hate it that it ever got this far.

/hopeless rant of hopelessness. Sorry, I might be a bit emotional and overtly melodramatic at the moment.

HJ Hornbeck
HJ Hornbeck

I’d better not, I’m a Canadian.

@Ooglyboggles
Honestly, I don’t think ANY of the poll aggregators counted on a Latino vote surge. That actually sways in Silver’s favor: he’s not predicting a Clinton loss, he’s predicting a Clinton win but with a lot of uncertainty. It could wind up as a narrow victory, or it could wind up in a blowout for Clinton, and if either happens his prediction would be more accurate than other aggregators.

Speaking of evaluating the poll aggregators, I set up a spreadsheet. We’ll find out later tonight who had the best prediction.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

This election will probably be called by the time CST results roll in, but I’m not gonna be able to sleep until HI reports

Re: Nate Silver
I’m loath to lay a charge of fuckery on him or his model. I just don’t see any evidence that there’s some shenanigans going on. The model has limitations, but that’s not the same as him actively falsifying his estimates

ej
ej

Apparently Trump’s son did that too. Oops!

I voted a few weeks ago because I’m living overseas, so today has been a bit anticlimactic for me. But I voted for Hillary and I voted to help flip the Senate (even though the Democratic candidate is almost certain to win in my state).

Mels
Mels

I did early voting but I’m a mess today. Can’t tell if my anxiety is about to shoot through the roof or if I’m gonna just dissociate and feel nothing.

Meanwhile, my father, a Trumpfucker, is yukking it up while he taunts female family members with “READY FOR THE ELECTION RESULTS????” because it’s all a big fucking joke to him.

I’ll be locking myself in my bedroom with ice cream and my #NastyWomen playlist.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

How to have a heart attack: See a thread on a random board that says “It’s all over. America is officially dead, RIP.”

Then realise they’re a Trump supporter and feel a lot better.

weirwoodtreehugger: communist bonobo

I got interrupted by having to actually do my job halfway through typing this so maybe the conversation has moved on, but regarding 538 and Latin voters…

I think it’s because polls of likely voters are more reliable than a poll of first time voters would be. The high Latinx turnout has been due to a backlash against Trump’s racism and xenophobia, it’s a factor that’s hard to measure against previous elections. I do think it’s been a mistake for 538 to not account for it after the early voting consistently showed high turn out though.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

I would if I could, but I’m British. I suppose we’re the 51st state tho now aren’t we? I don’t see there’s going to be much of a ‘special relationship’ if Trumpton wins 🙁

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

you can do it!

comment image

you can do the thing!

get that saran-wrapped bag of orange peels outta here!

comment image

you can do it America!

comment image

Tessa
Tessa

Hrm. This post is confusing. I have no idea what David is trying to say. He should be more clear.

On an unrelated note, I voted today! Woo. Go Clinton!

Stage Manager
Stage Manager

Cranky. Moved to Florida last month, registered before the hurricane-extended deadline, got my voter card. Was told today that my registration went in “after the books were closed” so I was given a provisional ballot. No sure how that jibes with *having received my voter card*. Wondering if I’d have heard the same story if I’d gotten my FL driver’s license–haven’t managed that yet.

History Nerd
History Nerd

I’ll defend Nate Silver. When you’re predicting something like an election, you should allow more room for uncertainty. It’s very important to get out and vote if you can.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@Mels Internet hugs if you’d like them. <3

Jamborina Squib
Jamborina Squib

@Sarah, that pie looks so rich. Would have to eat it while listening to Schadenfreude by Avenue Q – https://youtu.be/55fzXL3uc1s

Oh, I should check to see if Colbert’s election night special will be showing on any canuck channels (he said it’s on Showtime in the States)

Terrabeau
Terrabeau

A little blunt, but I guess it gets the message across, don’t it 🙂

@Dreamer

I hadn’t heard yet of “Loyalty Oaths” at polling stations. It sounds like something straight out of Catch-22. Anyone know more about this?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

The BBC has just had someone on explaining about polling. They said that the Hispanic vote tends to be under represented because pollsters don’t use enough Spanish speakers so that skews the results.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

<3 Anarchonist, <3 Mels. This election has been the absolute worst. I wouldn’t even really blame it on the election, though, the election’s just been the expression of the worst aspects of western politics bearing fruit. People are sick of the corporate corruption that’s wormed itself into the heart of democracies around the world. Trump and Sanders rose as the voice of that anger, and – well. They mostly ignored Sanders during the primaries, but the media loved to feed Trump, because he made good entertainment. So here we are.

It’ll get better! It may take awhile, and it may not be easy, but it will get better!

Handsome "Punkle Stan" Jack

I did early voting back in October, which I’m happy I did because I’m sick. And I possibly have to babysit tomorrow.

This is my second presidential election and I really hope it’s the last one this fucking terrifying, please.

Also, following WWTH footsteps, I decided to do something blue for Clinton but since I’ve got no booze, I changed my my icon to Chloe Price, who is very precious and blue and I would sacrafice towns for.

Moggie
Moggie

Wondering who Melania voted for? So does Donald, apparently:

comment image

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

Ohmigosh Trump stop being such a horrible person please I can’t take it anymore

Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie
Weird (and tired of Milo, et. al.) Eddie

Trump supporters trying to start race riots at the polls.

… and so it begins….

Most states have no laws about guns in polling places; some elections officials think that could be a problem this year

… just out exercising my Constitutional right to stand in the door of the polling place with my AR-15 and shout clever things at approaching people of color….

(previous post contains sarcasm)

@ Moggie

Wouldn’t it be a hoot and a holler if she voted against the Cheeto???

Oh, and (if we get out of this alive), this might just convince the Supreme Court that the Voting Rights Act should have STAYED IN EFFECT!!!

1 2 3 19